Clevon (resized).jpg
0C707122-51D1-4488-8B69-8C91DA48018D.jpeg
72329539_10219705910182373_6362298985876553728_n (resized).jpg
pirateplayersclub (resized).jpg
case against keith.pdf (PDF preview)
_2_16-21030.pdf (PDF preview)
Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

87 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

587 posts in this topic match your search for posts by whysnow. You are on page 2 of 3.
#9837 8 years ago

Quoting for posterity, because might as well.

Quoted from PinRebel:

Looking back at that thread that's pretty lame if that was the case because I don't understand why he was told to stop discussing something there in the first place and I'd be upset too. But I heard he used some bad language with that moderator and then he was frozen. But that seems pretty lame also if it was done in a PM and not publicly. Pretty extreme.

Quoted from PinRebel:

What does this mean and why is that bad?
I was only referring to that last thread he posted in that you noted. It just reads like that moderator had an issue with him personally, first.

Quoted from PinRebel:

You are seriously misguided here. There is nothing illegal about him owning a prototype game that never went into being manufactured. Nothing. Your anger should only be directed at that Kevin guy.

Quoted from PinRebel:

It was never a production game and never will be. It was a prototype that traveled to many shows. I have no idea why that has anything to do with the apparent money that is owed to pre-order people. There is apparently hundreds of thousands of dollars sitting out there somewhere and you are worried where the prototype went? Go find the money before Kevin spends it all at auctions and elsewhere.

Quoted from PinRebel:

Only that he never handed any money to Kevin and never dealt with Kevin in any way from what I understand. He bought it from someone else. I don't know how long ago the prototype was sold or given away but it may certainly be long before any legal action was started.

Quoted from PinRebel:

He responded to me a little bit ago on Facebook. He has it but not under the circumstances that people have said. Apparently someone on here contacted him on Facebook in a very threatening manner to him and his entire family. I'm kind of sickened now how people on here are responding and my part for mentioning I know him.

A little strange that you seem to have just edited your post to remove your comment that you need to unfreeze him and let him respond directly to the accusations and threats here. And it seems a little ironic that his last comments on this site were to discuss the dangers of pre-orders and lack of openness and you basically told him to shut up in that Alien thread that LTG referred to.
Reading back through the comments here, why is there no moderation of the threats and personal attacks on him especially since he cannot respond? Why is this mob mentality allowed to grow? This is disgusting to allow him and his family to be threatened and if you think your occasional comment that Pinside does not condone threats is enough to relieve you of responsibility I think that is sad.

Quoted from PinRebel:

As a lawyer, do you believe it is legal to publicly solicit parties to join what could be considered a class action lawsuit in the state of Michigan? To solicit people to provide information on class action litigation? That seems interesting.

Quoted from PinRebel:

Really? Nothing seems threatening to you?

Nah. Nothing threatening in your mind about comments like these I guess? From what he said of the FB messages and threats it is much more disgusting. But those messages can be traced back to right here from where the unwarranted anger and hate was allowed to grow.

Quoted from PinRebel:

Sorry. It just appeared that you were the person who froze his account so it just seems strange that you were not aware of the extent of his ban or whatever it is. I thought you had stated yourself you were interested in hearing the reality of him being in possession of this game. I have now made more posts on this site then I think I have done in 3 or more years on RGP and feel like a fish out of water. But I do feel very bad for this guy because from what I knew of him he was a very good guy and well respected. I still know him on Facebook and I saw his post a little while back showing the game. It didn't even cross my mind that it was something controversial.
I am not a lawyer just another software consultant but I thought it was illegal to solicit folks or encourage them in any way to join a lawsuit like this especially prior to filing. If you are a lawyer then you probably know more?

Quoted from PinRebel:

That is a pretty serious threat dude. That's not cool. It's creepy enough you stalked him and took pictures of him from a distance. Are you telling us he wasn't driving a Porsche or even a brand new fancy truck? Maybe I'm missing where it was discussed in the past but how is it that out of 250 pre-orders there are only 15-16 people at this point on a lawsuit with this Keith? I thought the majority of the pre-order people were here on this site? Is it possible the majority of people have gotten their money back now and don't want to brag about it or hurt other people's feelings who haven't gotten their money back yet? I obviously don't know the details of how many people are still looking for their refund but inciting people to confront him in a threatening way does not seem right at all. This crap should stop. Let it work through the legal system.

Quoted from PinRebel:

He stated "come back here next month, I DARE YOU". That is very threatening. Not sure how you see it otherwise. That's not right.

You can certainly believe whatever you want but you are absolutely out to lunch. You obviously have no understanding of the legal system dude. He did nothing wrong. Anyone here can build 1 or 2 games of any copyrighted material they want. As someone else said there are apparently a half dozen people on this site publicly doing just that! That is fair use of IP and selling the game for the money you put into building it is not illegal either. Mass producing the game and selling it for profit would have been illegal. But they didn't do that. As far as anyone here knows that I can see Kevin has been reimbursing as many people as he can as fast as he can. You have 15-16 left on this lawsuit with this Keith guy. Maybe 6% of the pre-orders?? WTF?
I don't know if Tim will explain or not but my guess is he would absolutely do it if he could.

Quoted from PinRebel:

Is there not a difference between selling something for the money you put into it and selling something for profit? I specially stated selling it to recoup his costs. Not for the intention of making profit.

Quoted from PinRebel:

Yah, that sounds a little crazy to me too. 250 games goes beyond just creating some fan art or something. But Im really just curious about all the people making custom games right now using copyrighted IP. Can they really never sell those games to recoup costs? Could they even trade those games for something they consider of equal value? Or can it really never change hands technically? I thought as long as they didn't sell it for profit then it was no big deal but I'm definitely not a lawyer.

Quoted from PinRebel:

And why is nobody going bat sh.t crazy over all the people that create pinball toppers and other mods using copyrighted IP? It's everywhere.

Quoted from PinRebel:

I spend half my time contracting to Ford in Dearborn Michigan which is where I met Tim some time ago. I have never met Kevin and know little about him myself.

#9849 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekie:

Predator court today? Just some sword rattling over what court should hear the case?

can we please not discuss ongoing legal matters while they are still happening? After it is all over then is the time to lay it all out.

#9854 8 years ago

I dont think any line was crossed either; just a reminder that best practice is to not discuss ongoing matters. There is no positive from discussing. If anyone wants to know what is going on then I suggest they go look in the public records. After the courts run through the process then it will all unfold in due time.

#9857 8 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

Then I'd find someone like Whysnow, ask him to pay it forward, enjoy the game and pass it along to another victim

I appreciate it, but I would burn that fucking game to the ground and piss all over it

Actually I would definately buy it and then woudl take it to expo and run a booth where for $5 you get to whack the game with a sledgehammer. All proceeds go to charity. A good way to take something bad and make it into something good.

#9909 8 years ago

just to make it clear, if you are someone that paid into this crapfest then do not let comments like this ^^^ keep you from getting involved in cases against Kulek/SkitB/ et al.

Many people have not looked into the details and have no idea what they are talking about or where the money resides (and legally how it can be gone after).

Still time to call KiethinMI and get a free consult. most of the legwork has already been done so your personal barrier to entrance is very small.

#9935 8 years ago

you dont even have a clue of what the contract is with Keith yet you keep spouting on about things???

FTR, you are wrong on a few of your assumptions.

#9937 8 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

What happens after judgement, who will be running the collection, who pays the expenses, who gets paid first (clients or him), to what limits, etc.

if he is representing you or you would like him to, then I suggest to get ahold of him and negotiate this all...

I can say I am very happy with the arrangement I have with him.

Quoted from flynnibus:

How much time and money are you going to spend to try to recover $4500?

time = very little, I hired a lawyer
money = yet to be determined but both criminal and civil aspects are being worked on and either would bring satisfaction. I am happy to spend a reasonable amount on either/both.

#9939 8 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Do we know exactly how many prototypes were made? I know the latest development is potentially (probably certainly) more than one illegal sale has occurred.

my understanding is 3 confirmed prototypes but likely only 2 alive (first pillaged for parts to make the others).
We also know there were confirmed parts for 10 production games/ the first batch.

#9941 8 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

All I can say is... reserve this space for the discussion two years from now
I wish you all the best - but sometimes I think the eagerness leads to running in the dark.

for me, my action feels better than inaction did.

In other words, the costs (emotional, time, money) are all worth it for me personally.

1 month later
#10078 8 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Wheels of justice spin slowly....

yup, but they are still grinding it out and that is what matters.

there are all sorts of interesting things coming about during discovery but it will take the courts a long time to get this all settled.

1 month later
#10155 8 years ago

As far as I know there are still MANY cases against SkitB and crew and while they are moving along at the glacial pace of our US court system all things point to there being ample reason to see them out to the end and hopefully go collect on $$$. I can tell you there is a certain amount of gratification just in knowing that some people have these cases looming over their holiday season, regardless of the final outcome.

#10157 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Kevin does not care.
He's still going to auctions and buying games.

If you have any proof of this please feel free to forward it on to KeithinMI. More evidence of him continuing to spend cash at things like arcade auctions may be useful as discovery continues.

#10178 8 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

I can't believe it ended like this. Wow.

far from over unfortunately. The wheels of the justice system are very slow, but still turning.

1 month later
#10217 8 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Not a word !!
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.
269-979-3836

call your lawyer and talk to him.

all my questions have been answered.

Things still moving along at the expected pace of our court system...

#10221 8 years ago

On topic... Can i take the loss/theft on my 2015 taxes?

#10225 8 years ago

thanks. Will talk with personal accountant. Sounds like I can take it as a loss but if I ever see it returned then I will need to take it as a gain at that time...

My accountant is a pro so he will know.

1 week later
#10230 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

This is a very good question. I suspect the machine will turn up sometime.

Tim Fife will likely attempt to sell it at some point for a crazy amount (from what I have been told he already has been floating it around). In case anyone is thinking about it when that day comes; that particular game is the dog of the prototypes that were built. If you are a trophy collector then go for it, but that one in particular is hacked up and pretty slammed together.

I personally would not touch it with a 10ft pole just for the bad juju.

#10250 8 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Can anyone comment on where the litigation stands in general? Haven't heard anything from the attorney here that offered his services. Are the wheels of justice still turning or has ever thing come to a halt? Obviously not looking for specifics if still ongoing just looking for some good news that there's still a possibility money is coming back and kevin is going to jail.

still progressing. There was some back and forth deciding which court needed to hear the case. That seems to be settled now. Gears of the system are turning slowly but still turning.

1 month later
#10443 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Not surprising at all. He doesn't want to give away publically anything he plans to use in court. No reason to telegraph a punch.

best that EVERYONE involved not talk about it at all in a public forum!

a lot of work has gone on in this and no reason to show others the cards till the dust has settled and it is all over.

I will be happy to share everything I can once it is all done.

#10472 8 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

It's your money not tax money. It was filed in the wrong court. It cost him money to refile. Well your money.

False

1 month later
#10509 7 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

twenty days and no updates.

Quoted from maddog14:

twenty days and no updates.

Yet things are progressing very nicely it seems.

1 week later
#10528 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekie:

Your better off to give him a call. He does respond to phone calls and voice mail.

Agreed. He answers the phone and I spoke with him last week.

For those of you that have hired him, I suggest giving him a call for an update. Some good things as of late.

#10568 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Those civil lawsuits are now all stayed based on his filing in the bankruptcy court.

a temporary stay does not mean much.

the majority of people commenting only know a fraction of the larger story.

Quoted from RobT:

That involves legal pleadings and hearings, and unfortunately additional legal fees that go along with it.

likely it will require additional legal fees, but that is obviously his whole game.
Luckily some of us have no problem taking this all the way to the end and using the mountain of evidence acquired over the years. I encourage those that already have an active suit to reach out via phone to your lawyers.

Quoted from Trekie:

It's just starting to get interesting.

Trekie is correct, it is just starting to get fun and interesting! All sorts of new trajectories and options on the table now for ALL the players affiliated with the company.

#10573 7 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

you can't seriously think there is any money left?

discovery and depositions have provided all sorts of interesting things.

Unfortunatley I cant share anything due to ongoing legal proceedings, but I can say I am having lots of fun with this and have no worries that things will work out in the end.

#10577 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

but now it's costing more money

meh, no big deal. I am potted in. What is a couple hundred extra bucks to pay a lawyer when I already have dumped way more on the front end. Hell, I spend more on stupid mods for games and LEDs in the past month.

not really. That is why I spend the money on a lawyer.

Quoted from PoMC:

more aggravation, more stress.

opposite for me. I actually smiled when I got the chapter 7 letter in the mail yesterday. It makes me feel good to know that now he and his family will all have to attempt to file because of his lies. More of the money out of his pocket at minimum. I have also enjoyed the entire process of discovery and depositions. It is like a bad movie and I get to be part of the fun.

#10601 7 years ago
Quoted from NoahFentz:

Hi Guys!
I just wanted to drop in and say that I would not be building cabinets and printing and applying decals for a project that's not fully licensed!
Anyone that knows me knows I won't even consider touching unlicensed projects!
Speculation can now rest.
Pre-owners can certainly look forward to receiving their PREDATORS.
Thank you.

Quoted from NoahFentz:

Paul Maletich
President - VirtuaPin Cabinets, Inc.
http://virtuapin.net

Quoted from NoahFentz:

The cabinet guy is in the same boat as everyone else!
To: "Greg Wells", "Mr. X.", or whatever pseudonym you'd like,
I didn't replied to your anonymous email, as I had yet to see or hear any hard facts. As of this morning, I have fully read Martin's expose and followed along with this topic. I simply cannot fathom the license being a lie, even to this day. How can someone so blatantly jeopardize 4 hobby-related businesses without any regard for their futures?!
Nonetheless, I have spoken with various individuals today, and Kevin still contends he has/had a license to produce these machines. I would now like to speak personally with a Fox representative regarding the matter. I would not be doing my own due diligence if I fail to follow up in light of all the recent developments.
As I understand it, it's not an easy task to contact them, so I ask ...
Please put me in touch with Fox, so I can get some firsthand answers to the questions I need answered. I have a lot invested in this project, and I will be exploring my own recourse in this matter.
You have my email, if you want to continue to be anonymous.
Thank you.

Quoted from NoahFentz:

I talked with Kevin through the 'approval' process, and everything he said was very credible. Right down to submitting the new art, after changes, for approval.
I'm obviously not the only one that's been duped here. I stated I would not work on an unlicensed product, and I stand by that. I was 100% convinced this thing was licensed.

Quoted from NoahFentz:

I sure did, and for that, I sincerely apologize. I was given every reason to believe it was fully licensed, as was every pre-owner and other vendor.
Kevin even let me stick my neck out there, just to get it cut off knowingly. For that, he will never be forgiven.
I'm just as pissed as every here, as I have a lot to lose over this fiasco, too.

Quoted from NoahFentz:

I'm not sure why the 'cabinet guy' keeps coming up. The 'cabinet guy' is a company, VirtuaPin Cabinets, Inc, not some dude building cabinets in his garage. We were contracted to do a job, that's it.
Since 2013, we've started and stopped production on these cabinets 5 or 6 times, hired and trained staff FOR the job, moved into a larger facility to better handle the job, and purchased equipment and materials to finish the job. THOUSANDS of dollars were pissed away and bridges burned with suppliers for a job that never actually took place.
We will be more than happy to complete the job whenever Skit-B is ready. Until then, we've been burned just like everyone else on this project.
Thank you.

Quoted from NoahFentz:

If they didn't have the license in order, then they wouldn't be ready.

Quoted from NoahFentz:

Just to be clear, of course money changed hands, it was business.
Ice, being a CPA, you probably know very well how costly it is to move a business (twice, in this case, to share space the second time with his commitment falling short after the fact), staff and train, insure them, pay them, etc. It was dragged out over such a long period of time (2.5 years?). How many times did he announce we're going into production? Each time we ramped up, got ready, and then just shut it down.
In the end, no pile of money, burnt bridges, awkward conversations, and, off course, this thread.
I have not heard from Kevin in months. Not since he lied to me right up until the very end, by telling me they were still being built, just not by him, and I still had the cabinet job.

Quoted from NoahFentz:

Look, I was lied to, just like the hundreds of "preowners" and other vendors. The only mistake here is, we all bought into it. After being strung along for over two years and starting and stopping production multiple times, it became a losing venture for us.
I came into this thing in 2012. By that time, he had a damn good story established, and no one doubted his licensing. I wanted nothing more than for people to get their machines in a VirtuaPin quality cabinet, and I, personally, worked very hard to try to make that happen.
Assume all you want, theorize all you want, we lost big on this ordeal.

Quoted from NoahFentz:

Conveying what one believes to be true is not a lie.

Quoted from NoahFentz:

If you knew anything about, well, anything, you'd know I approached Gary, Roger (who took it to WMS legal), and various other IP holders, and they all support what we do. We're preserving pinball history through software simulation, and have done so for over 15 years now, as a community.
What really should be clarified is your involvement in a very similar site, hosting illegal hacks and recreations of games that are NOT on the okay list, like Metallica, for example, or any SAM system games, for that matter.
You were not only an admin at said site, you still help with development of said site, do you not?
Amazing to me is the gall you have slinging accusations at me, when what we do has been okayed, and you're the one whose ethics are questionable, at best.
You can stop the smear campaign now. Anyone paying attention can see you do nothing but follow my posts, denouncing at every available opportunity. It's clearly a personal vendetta. Nothing more, nothing less.
Thank you.

Quoted from NoahFentz:

And I believed Skit B had the license. We'll all have a turn being mistaken. Such is life.

Quoted from NoahFentz:

And for that, I've apologized. I feel horrible about it.
I hope you can understand that I was duped, like the rest of you. I had five years of really hard work establishing my company jeopardized by his deceit. I'm on the same side as you on this.
I've even offered my assistance to the investigation. That's all I really can do.

worth quoting for posterity

#10604 7 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

I like how Milton

Is it Hilton you donkey.

Quoted from Grinder901:

confident he'll get his revenge.

already have. He has spent lots of time and money fighting it already and will continue to do so. He also filed for chapter 7 which makes me smile every time I think about it.

Quoted from Grinder901:

the system is broken as shit.

um... yeah probably explains this

Quoted from Grinder901:

I work in law enforcement

#10693 7 years ago

Happydayz you have basically no idea of the reality of what has transpired or the things that have been uncovered by those undergoing current legal action. I won't talk about details at this juncture, but you are wrong and way off base from the reality.

#10703 7 years ago

does anyone know how you go find what the website looked like at different times in the past few years?

#10707 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

https://web.archive.org/web/20130501000000*/http://skitbpinball.com
You can see the original site and the scrubbed one, but we can't identify the exact date. Old site was still there july 20, 2013. new site was archived oct 3, 2013.
I'm sure the original predator thread would discuss the new website as well.

thanks, will this stuff stay out there forever, or do I need to capture it all somehow?

#10709 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

thanks, will this stuff stay out there forever, or do I need to capture it all somehow?

just remembered I grabbed all this a ways back. Already have it in case it gets scrubbed.

#10726 7 years ago

When I was at the VFW show last month it was made clear to me that Clay has 2 Predator machines in his possession. 1 supposedly full functioning and 1 not/parts machine. I assume in his personal collection as they were not at the VFW. People in his club verified for me that he had them.

I asked Clay why the heck he was not at least letting the public (the people that even made it possible for him to have those games) play them and he turned white as a ghost and fumbled his words. He was caught off guard as he was not expecting the question. He stumbled around and settle on Tim Fife as being the only person with a game and took off to get away from the conversation. I am actually happy that Clay has these games as he is a great curator of pinball. I just wish he would put them in the public for play rather than stashing them away.

I am a bit miffed that he is unwilling to own up to having them, which could be useful to those with ongoing legal battles. Continuing here to lie that there were only 2 games (the Tim Fife one and the other black one) is sad, as many of us know there were 4 fully built prototype or preproduction games. We also know there are parts for the first 10 production games.

#10752 7 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

There are two predators in existence. The one that Kevin was hauling to the show. And the other one Tim has. There are no other complete games or even close to complete games. There are some parts out there but that's about it. There is a chance that up to five predators could be made. But there are more major assemblies that are not available. The biggest block on the whole thing is the ramps. There was only two sets ever made and one is in Tim's game and the other one is in the original black predator. There's no others. So at this point in time there are no predators that can even exist, because there simply aren't enough parts to make one.
You also need software too. It's not like that's readily available either. And Milton stop lying about stuff. You don't know anything.

I wish i had a video of you turning into a ghost and scurrying off when i asked you about your predator machine. You are not a poker player clay.

Don't forget Milton is the one whom burned the whole fucking place down also.

#10755 7 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

Again I saw the Tim Fife predator and I was really impressed with it. It had a nice finished look to it. It played well too. Kevin could do it. He just didn't have everything in the right order to make it happen. Licensing was a fiasco, but Kevin thought he had a handle on it. Apparently he was delusional though. But if The anonymous pair hadn't confronted fox, and then fox hadn't pushed kevin, it is my belief that predators would be in production right now. Kevin was convincing enough to pull this whole thing off. Yes there was a lot of sales pitch, potential lies and half-truths so on and so forth. But as long as the wall didn't come crashing down I believe he could've pulled this off. Again if you saw the Tim game you would know exactly what I mean. It was nice, really nice. And it proved that Kevin could make a game in its totality from beginning to end.
The best story to me about the predator was again the ramps. Paul, the cabinet guy, and Kevin went to to see Terry in Chicago. They stayed overnight at Terry's house and we're scheduled for an 8 AM meeting with the ramp manufacturer. This is the same company that makes ramps for Stern.
8 AM rolls around and Terry and Paul are dressed to the nines with nice shoes and button down shirts and nice pants. Kevin appears in torn pants, dirty T-shirt, and that goofy hat he likes to wear. Terry and Paul are like, "dude you have to dress up for this you can't look like that." Kevin says, "I have to be me and this is me."
Needless to say, the ramps were never made. Kevin would have had to cut a rather large check to the ramp company to make it all happen, and he never did that. Instead the only ramps that exist are the two prototype ramps that were made from a course crappy mold for low dollars.
Now that the bankruptcy thing has been declared, a lot of things have changed. The lawyer had to be paid and apparently he was paid in some assets (due to lack of money) from Kevin. The story goes that the assets then were bought by an unknown third-party to cash out the lawyer. So some parts to predator are available. Not enough to make a game, not even close. But My intention is to try and gather as much of the parts as possible and then attempt to make a predator.
Somethings are fairly easy. The cabinet for example is a standard Williams cabinet. The artwork for the cabinet is just black with red lettering that says predator. The back glass is just the DVD reissue box scanned. The playfield and plastics are out there as 10 sets were made. The metal ball guides are available as a local vendor made those and he still has the construction sheets so more could be made inexpensively. Most of the other parts for the top side of the playfield are readily available and used in other games. The ball trough is a stern ball trough. The lower ball arch is a stern ball arch. The computer is a standard PC. The proc boards are readily available. The dotmatrix display is a standard plasma display. The power supply for the DMD is available. The game uses a 48 V power supply for the coils. 12 V switching power supply is used for other things.
There is only one assembly not available and that is the ramps. Unfortunately they are custom ramps made just for predator. If this problem can be solved then a predator could be made. This is my goal but I'm kinda up against the wall with these ramps.
As for the software, I've asked Kevin about that. He is not against letting somebody have it. But you need to have at least somewhat of a game before he will give it up. Right now the biggest issue is the ramps. I'm not sure that this problem can really be solved without some luck and hard work/time/money.

Nice attempt of a cover setup story. the software is readily available and obviously you know how to pull it from Tims game also. Or you could just pull it off yours...

#10762 7 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

Milton I must stutter. There's only two predators. One is Tim's and the other one is The one Kevin has the proto. There's no others. Tim's game is not available to me or anyone else. I don't know Tim at all and I have no access to his machine. He lives close by to me but I do not know Tim. And even if I did I suspect he would let me anywhere near his machine. Predator is a sore spot for him as demonstrated by the gang raping he took here.

Clay, it is widely known that you have a predator and parts machine in your possesion.
You have to be smart enough to realize you had to keep that secret from everybody if you wanted it to stay hidden. Your very own club members confirmed it for me last month. You are better off just not posting rather than making up bs cover stories like you are in the process of building your own game.

Alli want to know is if you are going to make it available for play once all the legal stuff is settled?

#10773 7 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

Spooky pinball made the playfields and plastics. He was paid in full. Back alley creations made some of the playfield parts. They were paid in full. I don't think you can make these jumps in logic about stolen goods.
Many invested in a company a.k.a. Kevin. Kevin probably didn't do a lot of things right or even semi right. It may have been noticed that kevin was flighty. Kevins company basically fell apart for a variety of reasons which we've talked about endlessly. Have you ever bought a stock and then the company goes belly up and you lose your investment? That's kind of the way to look at it here. The fact that they were not willing to bring any criminal charges against Kevin is kind of an indication that prosecutors didn't think what he did was criminal. I'm not saying what happened was right. But this kind of stuff happens all the time with companies of all different types.
People make an investment and sometimes they win and sometimes they loose. Believe me I know it sucks there's been plenty of things I've invested in and have lost my butt on. I can tell you all kinds of stories on stuff I've done where it just didn't work out. And a lot of times the guy that was selling the product to me was lying through his teeth. You have to look at the guy, sum up the product, and see if everything adds up.
Just a short story... I was working a guitar show for friend of mine and a guy walked in and distract me while he and his buddy tried to steel some of my friends guitars. I was responsible for those guitars! And how did I get distracted? He was selling me an alleged 1958 Gibson ES 335. It turns out the guitar was a complete fraud but I ended up buying it from them. I ended up holding the bag on that one, I lost thousands of dollars. Was it my fault? To a large extent yes because I believe what the guy was saying. I got played for a sucker, I had to take the heat on that one. Did the cops do anything? No. You can't prosecute somebody for being naive. The best I could do was sue him in civil court. But it just wasn't worth it. I took my lumps.

I did not invest in anything. I paid for goods and so did 250 other people.

#10797 7 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

For those who received an email from Keith very recently, can you PM me what you think of it?
(sorry for being cryptic - legal matter ongoing)
I am not giving up - bankruptcy or not (just received my Chapter 7 notification by regular mail today. A little bit late to the party, but I am far away. He really thinks he can escape that easily?)

I said it before, but i am potted in. For those with already ongoing legal action, this is merely a minor amount compared to how much you paid for your machine originally. Well worth the ongoing fight to not let anyone off the hook. Don't forget there is only 1 person w chapter 7 filings thus far, so plenty of funto be had on multiple fronts.

#10838 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I'm now wondering if the IRS is the reason he has no money left. Maybe he did file, cut a big check to IRS, the business itself is/was unsustainable, and now he goes bankrupt.

no need to wonder if you have an active case. Call your lawyer to get the info.

#10859 7 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

I believe Kevin started this on the up and up.

you should look into the timing of c&d letters compared to when payments were required. It may change your beliefs.

#10870 7 years ago
Quoted from HappyDayz:

Is the goal now to strictly try and convince law enforcement something illegal was done? Because it sure sounds like no matter what you do he really does not have any money (he was selling whatever assets he possibly could just to pay his lawyer) and he is perfectly comfortable living a very humble lifestyle. He does not need a good credit score. He did not care before this venture started and he still does not care now. So what is the goal of the legal action?

You dont have a clue what you are talking about, but your posting style sure does seem familiar...

2 weeks later
#10921 7 years ago
Quoted from HappyDayz:

On one hand it's admirable that you have the energy to pursue this so that those who helped to recklessly perpetuate the deception are held accountable for the end result. On the other hand, it seems clear there is no chance of you ever getting real satisfaction as they really have no money left and very few assets (as evidenced by Kevin selling everything he had just to pay a lawyer.) No judge will make them sell their very modest home. No law enforcement seems interested in pursuing criminal charges. Look around, it is the end and it is indeed bitter for everyone. Sucks.

Can we get a mod to pull an IP check on this guy. Seems very vocal about trying to get people to not continue to persue.

Reality for those involved in the litigation is we have a VERY good idea of what money is left and there is a good chance of recovery of $$$. Keep in mind that this sort of thing is the lawyers bag.

I am more than happy to fight this all the way to the end. Kevin, Aarron, Amanda, and Kathy will all need to follow this through to the end as there is no way I am stopping. Hopefully more will get involved and all that have will continue the fight. There is strength in number and a better chance for action with more involved.

#10924 7 years ago
Quoted from HappyDayz:

Nowhere near as vocal as you are trying to get folks to spend even more money to pursue it. Pursue all you want! It certainly does not affect me. I could care less. I just think it is sad. Only the lawyers win.

It sure seems to effect you. You joined just 2 months back, seem to have a vested interest in the topic, and have quite a few posts on the matter.

Most realize that they will possibly get nothing back, but there is a decent chance at recovery and this

Quoted from Mike_J:

Hopefully, your suit will destroy them financially and emotionally.

is a good payment in itself.

#10930 7 years ago
Quoted from HappyDayz:

But you won't get money from Kevin if you haven't already.

you continue to claim this but what proof do you have of that?

#10933 7 years ago

bingo

Quoted from woodworker:

So again, thanks for coming on here and proving that this is indeed making their life difficult

#10934 7 years ago
Quoted from HappyDayz:

He has apparently

stopped reading after this...

You can use "apparently" I will use discovery, deopsitions, and subpoenas via the lawyer.

I encourage anyone thinking of getting in or trying to decide if they should continue to talk to KeithinMI. Use the actual facts and information legally gathered to make a decision rather than being swayed by some yahoo that has an agenda.

I will say I am really happy to see HappyDayz so impacted. That shows me it is all worth it and helps increase my smile

#10939 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Of course, we're not privy to what's going on legally

bingo

#10944 7 years ago

Pin Chili = Tim Fife = CrazyBanana = HappyDayz?

#10950 7 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Kevin, beware.

that is the spirit!

Happy to fight along side you!

Every update I get form the lawyer does this

#11019 7 years ago
Quoted from NoahFentz:

I am more than happy to discuss. After the accusations, name calling, and slanderous statements, I've been quite put off about providing any insight.
When I got involved, it wasn't a scam. At least, I didn't think it was. That was 2012, and I offered to build his cabs, because the one he had looked like SH*T. By that time, he had been to dozens of shows with it, so I assumed he had been vetted by show organizers, etc.
After getting involved, I realized the project would probably never happen, because he just didn't have everything setup to completely build them, so I introduced him to people in the industry that could help him accomplish his goals. To be totally forthcoming, he NEVER would have made them without my involvement, at least in my opinion.
We took a deposit on cabinets. That part's true. It's not even close to the amount I've seen people post here, though. We were contracted to do a job, and Kevin defaulted on our agreement. He did drop a deposit, and that deposit was lost as soon as he defaulted. He did receive a number of cabinets and many, MANY hours of our services in the R&D and prototyping stages, so I'm not sitting on a pile of money, as I've read in some posts here. It wasn't $200K or some ridiculous figure. It was in line with the job.
Once the licensing concerns came up, I drilled him for more info. He would tell stories about how Fox was approving the artwork on the playfield, what needed updating, which sound clips and video could be used, etc. I was 100% convinced he was legit, or I never would have gotten involved in the first place!
After hiring staff and setting up for production the 3 or 4 times he announced they would begin, I was losing my ASS. That's when it all fell apart. He lied to me right up until the end, when he claimed they're still going to be built, just not by him, and we'd still be building the cabinets.
I have fully cooperated with PayPal and other entities in an attempt to get people their money back. I certainly don't deserve to be in the same category as Kevin. I've worked hard for everything I have, and it's done a lot of damage to my reputation, sadly. I'm an honest guy who got involved with the wrong company.
Feel free to call me if you have any questions (248) 252-6871. I have absolutely nothing to hide. The name-calling and false accusations here have left me quite bitter. If I hadn't been wrongly accused of the things I've been accused of here, I would be happy to be more forthcoming with my experience. I'm even willing to testify on the buyers' behalf if there's ever a criminal trial.
I never took a dime from you or any of the "pre-owners". I worked hard to try to ensure everyone would get what they paid for. I definitely feel I deserve better treatment around here, as we have a lot to offer the community.
Kevin is the bad guy here, and I feel I've been persecuted simply because I'm not afraid to be a member of this community, and he's in hiding.
The whole situation sucks.

Quoted from NoahFentz:

By your logic, there's more than a half dozen companies that are no longer legit. Marco, Pinball Life, Spooky, Back Alley, Pinball Refinery, and VirtuaPin, just to name a few, have all sold products and services to Kevin for his Predator project. They're all great companies and great guys who don't deserve the accusations. We were all trying to support boutique pinball, as pinball is our passion. None of us deserve to have our names dragged through the mud.
I really wish things had turned out differently. I was doing the job for next to nothing in the end just to help Kevin meet his BOM on $4750 per unit. There wasn't much there to work with. In the end, it's definitely COSTING me.

Quoted from NoahFentz:

You are mistaken that we were the only company involved with products containing IP. You may want to do your research, especially before slandering anyone further.

thanks for sharing your experience. If you have not talked with him yet, then it would be appreciated if you would talk with KiethinMI.

I will ask him to reach out to you.

#11040 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

OK, what do they say?

they say that all will be revealed in due time, but with ongoing litigation it is wise to not speak of many things in public at this juncture. you will just have to trust that discovery has been eye opening for many.

#11184 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekie:

Keep preaching drop the legal action. Not going to happen. And why would you care, unless affiliated with Kevin?

He cares because happydayz is Tim Fife whom currently is in possession of predator #2.
He is friends with SkitB and also seems to be directly concerned about the machine he has in his possession.

#11187 7 years ago
Quoted from HappyDayz:

That's just silly Miguel Jones. What exactly is there for me to worry about? While I do know Kevin I can honestly say I have not seen him in years now (or anyone else that was associated with Skit-B) and have no idea what he is up to these days. If you want to carry on with the legal action go for it. It doesn't affect me. Although, I personally think if you stand any chance of finding satisfaction it would be in proving bankruptcy fraud (IF he is hiding assets.) That wouldn't make me happy personally but you seem pretty vindictive.
You have already expressed no ill feelings for Clay having a Predator (or Predator parts) so I'm not sure why it would be different for anyone else.

Is you game even playing anymore? i heard you are having issues with it.

#11200 7 years ago
Quoted from HappyDayz:

Weird. That was his name when he contacted me through FB and threatened me and my family.

My sole reason for getting my hands on the game was to look at the game code and how they solved several other issues (like boot-up sequence and powering on) for my own P-ROC project. That was it. No other grand conspiracy.

So is your predator even working?

#11292 7 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

A publicly available game is the optimal outcome IMO. I suspect it's never coming back out of the shadows unless Clay or someone else builds one or a museum snags one.

Can we please stop with this BS story clay made up as a pre emptive cover. he is not bulding a machine. he has acquired 2 machines, one fully working and one with parts. The idea that he is building one from scratch is a complete joke and Clay must think he can pull one over on all of the community. hOpefully he is smart enough to not continue with this lie.

cLay you need to come out and just admit the truth if you want the community to get behind you one this one. i have said already that I would like to see someone that can properly preserve and maintain the game to have one available for public play.

I don't agree with your means of going about getting one or you poor cover story that is BS, but you are one of the best people to have one and it would be a good draw for your VFW and the good things you do.

#11319 7 years ago

I could build one from scratch in under two weeks with all the parts in hand. It is simple in comparison to most other Proc games and childs play in comparison to WOOLY which I assembled in a week with Scott and another owner.

it is silly to say it is complex, esp coming from Clay.
there were 4 fully functional games at minumum. the timeline and documented differences of the builds are all out there. i obviously followed the game closely and know most of the differences between the four populated playfields (unsure of how many cabs but know of three that went to shows and of course we all know 10 production cabs were built)

once I get eyes on Clays I shouldbe able to tell exactly which build he has.

#11322 7 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

Milton You are wrong. There are only two Kevin made predators. The black number one and Tim's number two that's it

So with your story of only 2 in existence and your stated plan to build one. Why not tell and show us all of your stockpile of parts? Show us what you have and what you need. Prove me wrong and I will appologize. i will also help you to get one built if you are going to share it with the public. I have more knowledge of the game than most and the skillset to get it built better than Kevin ever did.

#11323 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Perhaps parts from early versions Hilton is talking about were re-used on updated versions as it evolved during development/show touring.

Some parts were borrowed from previous builds as new prototypes were refined. None of those parts are tough to acquire. There were multiple ramp pulls so those are not a limit. the ramps are also very easy to remake, esp if you have a set to go off.

#11328 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

(Edit) Never mind.

You had a point Kim. I appreciate the sentiment.

#11330 7 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

No that's not correct. There are only two Kevin made predators. The black predator has been documented all over with YouTube videos etc. And I've seen Tim's number two and I have pictures of it. So there's that. If there's more than this, let's see pictures. Let's see proof. Yeah that's what I thought, milton you have none. You can wish all you want but that doesn't make it happen or true

Pretty much what I figured from you Clay. You don't have anything but a compete game to show and a handful of parts.

I have LOTS of documentation of all the iterations that were at shows. If you think I am going to point out the diferences so you can go doctor your games to make them appear like they are more self built, then you are pretty silly.

I really hope you drop this lie and come to your senses on when you need to tell the truth. I and others can understand your desire to hide it away. It is normal for you to feel guilt about what you have done and ownership of the games. eVen if you produce a game with parts you claim to have assembled on your own you will forever be know as the guy paying up for predator 'parts' and giving funds when so many others were screwed in this whole ordeal.

#11375 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

If your offer to help still stands; can you clarify if you will volunteer your help or will there be a fee charged? Clay makes a wicked pepper steak, by the way so food is covered.

If anyone wants to be truthful and upfront on the parts they have, how and where they got them, and wants to make the game, perfect it, and share it with the public on a regular basis then 100% yes it would be for the good of pinball and FREE.

I have the knowledge and ability to get it done.

#11392 7 years ago

Thanks for chiming in. Glad to have you around. Dont take offense to the skeptic attitude when a new person shows up in SkitB thread. There are numerous trolls that have come back with multiple fake accounts and tried to toss gas on the fire. It is understandable that everyone is a little questioning of a new account that has lots of knowledge.

#11394 7 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

(Edit: Is it a bad sign when I begin echoing Whysnow? )

I take it as a good sign

#11395 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Not sure why you think Clay has a predator machine.

while there is not supposed to be any further discussion of hear say on machines without proof...

Clay made it very clear that he has parts to assemble a machine at minimum. Most that got screwed feel the same about a full machine or one that Clay claims to be making himself.

#11400 7 years ago

Multibrawlr, feel free to send any info you have to my email. I wont share publically but it is useful to have with the ongoing litigation.

#11437 7 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

I've stayed far away from all this disaster... but let me state clearly in a language everyone can understand.
Not only no, but... F***ING HELL NO!

Thanks!

How many playfields in total did you make Charlie?

#11454 7 years ago
Quoted from Russo121:

Has anyone talked recently to anyone from Keith Nathansons office recently? I can't seem to get in contact with them lately.
If you're reading this Keith, PM or email me as soon as you can. Thanks.

spoke with him yesterday. Pretty sure he is in court all day today. Leave him a voicemail if you have not already.

#11460 7 years ago

If you have not done so already then I suggest you contact KeithinMI if you would like to be involved in the bankruptcy proceedings/ stopping Kevin from being able to declare and have his debts disolved.

There are quite a few that are signed on and commited.
There appears to be assets out there worth recovering.
Those in on the cases will get paid out first with whatever is recovered.
It is REALLY fun to know the hassles Kevin has to deal with at this stage.
The more people that file, the more it will cost Kevin in his lawyer fees.

For each person that signs on the total cost is less per person for our lawyer fees.

(worth note that and anonymous person has already covered a large portion of the fees from our end as he is more than happy to make sure the case continues)

#11462 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I thought this was happening today no?

still ample time to get invloved.

Some good things occured today but the window is open for 30days from conclusion of bankruptcy hearing which is far from over.

Lots more fun to occur!

#11465 7 years ago

Paul is correct, Kevin is the one that took our money!

How much money were you paid Paul?

#11471 7 years ago

Paul and I did chat and he has agreed to provide full disclosure of all information and be up front and honest through the proper legal channels. I have spoken with KeithinMI and they will be in touch with each other.

I think at this junction it is appropriate for people to not pile on Paul/Noah. Allow the legal system to take the reigns and let things come to light via those channels. Once things are all settlled then people will have all the facts and I think they will clearly see that there is a single person that pulled the wool over so many of our eyes.

Worth mention that even Vid, whom is smarter than most of Pinside combined, was duped into beleiving the things Kevin told him...

Please let the legal system work things out. It may be slow, but things continue to move forward and having people like Paul that are willing to provide many important facts will assist us all in making sure SkitB pinball finds its ultimate end in the right and legal way.

#11475 7 years ago

thanks BR! greatly appreciated! Please get pictures also!

#11479 7 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

I understand the victims' frustration, but didn't you guys' mommies tell you that two wrongs don't make a right?

it is a joke Dan. Lighten up a little. Nobody has done anything yet and BR is not going to actually shove a boot up Kevin's ass. It is just fun to think about in a joking manner and most guys that had 3-5 grand stolen form them would like to think a little parking lot justice would feel nice.

Luckily we are all smart enough to realize that the legal way is the best way to make the pain last longer for all the players.

#11507 7 years ago

I don't want to insult anyone.

but somehow I knew better.

too late

1 week later
#11548 7 years ago
Quoted from KeithinMI:

мы не говорят по-английски здесь

что это вообще значит

2 weeks later
#11581 7 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Has anyone heard from Keith. In the last 6 months I've emailed 6 times to him and his assistants, called twice and pm him yesterday. Never get a response back.

I have spoken to Keith on a regular basis. I am surprised if you have not heard back from him if you are a current client (I assume you are).

#11586 7 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Yes I'm a client

cool, next time I talk to Keith I will ping him to hit you up.

#11636 7 years ago

I dunno, man, if he bills 100 hours, there goes the entire pile of money from the house...

we can only hope!

Keep in mind goal #1 is make sure that someone else does not get away with free money!

Goal #2 is to recover funds. They are not mutually exclusive and actually tie together nicely.

#11639 7 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

but I think there is very little money to be had

discovery lends me to believe otherwise.

Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

The best use of it is probably to make Kevin's life hell.

agreed 100%

#11695 7 years ago
Quoted from Enaud:

I spoke with PayPal legal last year. The account has long since been drained. There has been nothing there for a long long time.

what someone tells you over the phone and what they have to show when legally obligated are 2 different things.

IME paypal will tell you whatever they can to get rid of you.

#11739 7 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

but yes, played like shit

it actually played really well in the 2nd and 3rd iterations of it. One of the coolest things were some of the code feature is had. Simple game but a VERY fun ruleset. That was always the big sell point for me.

#11742 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

it was fun to play, but those 2 targets directly in the lower-middle of the playfield were a real pain the butt.
they basically made using the middle of both of the flippers useless, unless you wanted to specifically hit those lower-middle targets.

like BSD which is where they ripped the idea from.

#11776 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Found on the "Community Board" at the Family Fare Supermarket in Standish, Michigan

thanks for that!

much appreciated that the community is helping out when things like this pop up!

#11786 7 years ago
Quoted from KeithinMI:

Can someone please identify the Bally pin that this card is on, please.

I dont think the pin that the card is on means anything? Guessing that is Mr Bally's game and he just set the card on the game to take the photo?

sounds like the card is Kevin currently advertising for service and his amusement company?

1 month later
#11896 7 years ago

reread your email. not even close to game over.

more like game on!

#11897 7 years ago

Just for clarity.

ANYONE that is owed money by Kulek will need to sign on to get a lawyer to represent us in the advisary complaint to be sure our complaints are deemed non-dischargable.
Assuming everyone that currently has a civil case which is under stay (due to bankruptcy proceedings) signs on then the indivdual fee will be minimal. It would be VERY smart for anyone that is a creditor to sign on (even if you dont currently have a civil case).

For those that have paid attention to the discovery, you have a pretty good understanding of what funds are likely recoverable. You can also do some quick math to see it is worth your time and small flat fee at this stage.

Given that our civil case lawyer is now brought on to represent the trustee (US federal case) it makes sense to keep things seperate for the advisary complaints.

Just a guess but it will possibly only cost you $100-200 to make sure your money owed is non-dischargable. (i.e. you can bind this debt to Kevin for the rest of his life! If that does not feel good, then I am not sure what does).

I would hold off for a few days before contacting the lawyer concerning the advisary complaints. Then take action and we get a final count of whom is on board and what the divided flat fee will be. Should eb very simple from here on out

#11901 7 years ago
Quoted from Enaud:

Don't be disillusioned that this will get you your money. It just means that he can't walk away from your claim due to his bankruptcy filing. I imagine you'll have to sue yet again to actually go after any money.

make sure you research it and know the facts for sure. However, this is a relatively small amount to pay in the process and things are moving forward. As I said, anyone paying attention to the discovery portion has a pretty good idea of what recoverable assets are out there.

The most important thing at this juncture is that a small retainer can likely ensure your credit is not dischargeable. Dont be disheartened or give up at this stage Enaud. The fun is just beginning

Keep in mind we all were suckers enough to cough up $250 to a liar... What is a couple hundred more to ensure at minimum he does not get off the hook. To me personally it is worth every penny.

#11938 7 years ago
Quoted from dotEXE:

I see some people suggesting people should throw in hundreds to save $250. I'd recommend to think about it from an economics standpoint. If the marginal benefit of X is greater than the marginal cost, do X. Don't spend thousands of dollars in an attempt to regain $250. Don't even spend $251 to try and rescue $250. That'd be missing the forest for the trees.
If some people stand to recover thousands (I honestly don't know the extent of some people's investments here) by all means go forth.

since you are new member commenting on a mutiple year fiasco... well that says plenty.

You can go search all the public documents to see who the creditors are and how much. At minimum people were suckers enough to toss in 250. The majority are owed 3000-4750. I think the economincs work out

Aside from just the $$$ there is plenty of good reason to continue to go after this and fight it till the end.

Even if I was only owed $250 I would happily toss 10x that amount to ensure Kulek forever has this hanging over his worthless life.

#11941 7 years ago

well siad Russo!

1 week later
#11988 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

It's just a matter of if he has any money left to recover.....

discovery has been fun!

2 weeks later
#12028 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

cause you sure ain't getting your $250 back from this douche

I would not be so quick to claim that RD and I would caution you against saying such things which may deter some from going after what is rightfully theirs.

Anyone that has been involved in the discovery and ongoing proceedings would say there is likely recoverable funds. I am not saying they will be recovered, but lawyers dont work for free or under the expectation of not recovering any funds...

3 weeks later
#12085 7 years ago
Quoted from KeithinMI:

you owe a payout on all those bets.

its begining to look a lot like xmas...

#12098 7 years ago

wishfully hoping thsi becomes a full "ORDER" soon.

Would love to see the ride along footage of the real life action.

THANKS to Keith!

#12160 7 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Start a fundraiser for a reward, someone will rat him out for holiday cash or drug money.

finally something that crowd funding really should be used for in the community

#12161 7 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Depends on the type of warrent issued.

My understanding is this is the type of warrant where they come unannounced and break in the door. Given the amount of money and other things they know from discovery there is good chance the Marshalls themselves will execute the warrant rather than handing it off.

It is really just a matter of time and they like to keep people on their toes is what I understand; get them when they let their guard down.

I am sure Kevin is reading this, so enjoy your holidays buddy... They could come get you at anytime

I know my holiday season just keeps getting better. Timing is perfect for this all to start boiling over.

#12178 7 years ago

In the end, he will be found to be liable but obviously unable to make immediate restitution. His income will be garnished forever.
No criminal liability will be pursued regarding the game as it would be impossible to prove original intent to defraud. He did have a working prototype.
Just an incompetent who, surprise surprise, messed up, then messed up more in response.
Might get some time for this hiding assets funny business and contempt of court, though.

As I have learn Dan... It can be dangerous to make assumptions when you do not hold all the facts. I would suggest not stating things that may keep others from joining up to fight what was stolen from them.

Things learned in discovery would go in opposition to things you are saying.

#12188 7 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

With or without the chance to get some money back - this is not the point anymore.

exactly! Now it is for fun!

1 week later
#12342 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Why would someone admit to it? You're calling them a "snitch" and that does not exactly sound positive. I think that is why the original article came out in Pinball News from "Anonymous". People would come after him/her/them with pitchforks claiming they would have gotten their games if he was just left alone. (and they would not have)
Rather than calling them a snitch why not call them the person who may have saved other people from risking their business. There were people making cabinets, parts and other items under thinking there was a license. This is not just about this idiot taking people's money he was also risking people's livelihoods.

It is actually known whom the person was. Reality is that annonymous person (actually a few people) got their refund before taking the action to 'protect' the rest of the community. The annonymous group (allegedly) also includes a well known PR individual at Stern.

While Kevin is the person at fault, let's not change history... the person that helped bring it all down was sure to take care of themsleves and their friends before pulling the personally vindictive stunts they pulled.

#12347 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Or they kept trying to tell people softly... but people like yourselves were so dug in and defensive that you wouldn't accept the hints... and they kept escalating the release of the truth to the full on 'packaging' of the findings so people would start to wake up.
'Vindictive stunts'? Or the slap that some people clearly needed?

you know so very little of what occured behind the scenes. Pretty sickening once you peal away the layers to see how people took care of themselves and the hidden motives behind HOW they went about it. It definately turned me off many aspects of the pinball world and the BS lies and fronts some people put up online compared to the reality of the world they helped create. Yeah, I was pro #1 and feel bad for that. I have acknowledged it numerous times, but some people like you have so little ability to look beyond it. They annonymous group had all sorts of ulterior motives behind what they did and how they went about it. Quite a few people know whom is at the core of it, and I am sure it will eventually come out along with pealing back the layers so people can see the 'what, how, why'

Quoted from InfiniteLives:

I think Hiltons point is that they made sure they were taken care of before they made it public, rather than bring it to light as soon as they were aware of the situation.

spot on.

#12348 7 years ago

If someone wants to piece together some of the people involved behind the scenes, it is pretty easy to see by going through the history of who originally ordered Predator and yet does not show up on the published list of people owed money in the bankruptcy.

Not surprising, some of those people have largely disappeared from the forum post the implosion. Others are amazingly still hanging around and think they are clean I presume.

#12372 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

The same guy who seems to place as much blame on the so called "whistleblowers" as he does Kevin Kulek.

you seem completely incapable of understanding there are 2 completely different situations and in those situations, both Kulek and the whistleblowers (that is the wrong term) are assholes.

Situation 1 >> Predator scam and Kevin takes money = Kevin is an asshole
Situation 2 >> team anonymous 'investigates' by calling Fox, gets confirmation it is all a scam, pulls out their money and their buddies also get money back via paypal chargebacks or directly from Kevin, sits on the details, and then finally publishes BS wordpress vindictive crap after they waited for the time span for chargebacks to lapse. They did this purposefully and to "teach the community a lesson". They single handedly had the ability to publish the info earlier and enable others to be within the chargeback period but waited. = annonymous are ALSO assholes.

It is not mutually exclusive for both Kevin and the Annonymous players to be pricks. In fact, they both are.

#12379 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

well sometimes people reap what they sow... Maybe the way defenders went about things is what caused those in the know to be vindictive back. The history is all out there.. frankly IMO you have little ground to stand on given the behavior prior. You went out swinging.. and as Icecube put it... You got knocked the f out. Now you use everyone's loss as a way to hide from facing your own consequences in the whole lead up to that point.
I'm glad you are motivated to help fund the actions against Kevin now.. but you are not innocent in that decision to not be informed earlier.

I will say you have some serious and deep rooted issues and insecurities which are often manifested in your personal attacks against others and inability to forgive. You may want to take some counseling or figure out a way to let things go, esp when you were not actually involved and never even had money in on this. Never have I met (online because of course you are an enigma and never let your real name known) a person so incapable of forgiving for something they have no actual vesting in but are o so concerned...

How many times do I need to apologize for being wrong and #1 defender when Predator was alive? How much am I supposed to do in your shallow eyes to earn forgivance? I dont really care, but just curious. Worth mention that it is super easy to sit back and cast stones in this era, while forgetting the magical times we were in just a few years ago in the pinball world; a time with excitement and people were willing to toss judgement to the side for the hope, wish, and support of a startup company with a dream that many of us held ourselves. Always seems to be another situation and another asshole out there unfortunately.

I have been more than up front that I screwed up and in fact I am pretty sure I have apologized at least once prior do to your continual bashing. How many more do I need to be in your good graces, lol. You do know the 2 outcomes of kicking a dog while they are down, dont you?

#12381 7 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

Call me an asshole, but if I investigated a program that I was invested into, and found it to be a house of cards, first thing I would do is pull my money.

guessing as soon as you got your money, you would not sit on the info for a few months?

#12388 7 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

and did not share it with you is perfectly acceptable behavior

100%

I fully accept that and have never said the contrary. You have to accept that outside of me and any personal vendetta against me due to my outspoken words and defense (ignorantly and incorrectly in hindsight), that the 'anonymous' people specifically withheld the info from the larger community because they purposefully took joy in helping ensure people were taught the hard lesson of losing the money. Some of them have other motives behind that decision. These sick fuckers try to justify their actions by saying Whysnow deserved it... maybe I did, but I can assure you the hundreds of other pinheads just chasing a dream did not.

Anonymous had the full write up, the full evidence, and the full details and choose to wait for months because they wanted the shit to hit the fan completely. I can layout the timeline but dont feel like putting forth the effort right now. In short they knew and had all the info prior to the expiration of the paypal charge back date for the majority of people. They just sat and waited.

You dont get my MO? You dont get much then. My MO is to make Kevin fry and I have been leading the fight to do so. Dont lose sight of that.

As for anonymous, they will eventually be outed when things are done on the legal front. Not by me, but my someone else.

#12394 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Ugh, Hilton. I'm sorry you lost your money, but it's not the anonymous group's fault you didn't see the obvious signs a year or so before the bomb dropped. You could have asked for a refund when all the Predator stuff was scrubbed from the website. You could have asked for a refund when the delays made it clear there were problems AND no plan for manufacturing ability. Stop blaming them for Kevin's crimes and your own naïveté. You're like the people who blame Pinside for Jpop's failure. Oh wait, one person does that - JPOP. Jpop's a douche. Don't be a Jpop.

You dont seem to comprehend. I dont blame anonymous for any of the things kevin did. I dont blame them for me being taken. That is all on me.

I am honestly not sure if you completely fail at reading comprehension or you are just coming for the fun of the personal attack?

#12397 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

No, my comprehension is fine. You practically get off on the idea of "revenge" by "outting" a group of people who's only "crime" was investigating and and revealing facts. You're just sore that they went digging for details while you sat there dangling from Kevin's sack. The irony is - you claim to know who they are, but want someone else to do the dirty work and reveal them!!!! HAH!
I only WISH I was part of the anonymous group so when they get "outted" I could say "Yeah? So? Fuck you!" Outting them will do nothing but allow a few creeps to sneer and point for a day while everyone else says "Who cares, Kevin is the criminal...moving on..."

not at all. I will get nothing out of anonymous being brought to light, nor is someone else doing my dirty work. There is someone way more skillful than me whom pieced together the players and have held off on telling the details to people so things can proceed with the legal stuff. I am thankful that they have held off as that is the primary directive.

The reason behind the anonymous group unfortunately goes deeper than what you elude to (guessing you have an idea of some of the people involved given your circles and your choice of defense/wording) and if/when the full story comes to light then I am pretty sure much of the community will actually care.

Back on the topic at hand, when is Kevin going to be brought in by the Marshalls?

#12533 7 years ago

stop worrying about whom is paid what.

Be happy that things are proceeding in the right direction.

thanks for all your hard work Keith!

#12553 7 years ago

Anyone know brickshot in real life?

Just curious given location, knowledge, and seemingly odd issues and opinions on this whole thing... Esp given some of the pacer info that just came to light.

Anyone seen tim fife around lately. With his multiple handles I am sure he is still posting under one of them.

#12577 7 years ago
Quoted from Brickshot:

Again, why not try discussing the topic

great idea!

On topic, I am VERY happy to see that the courts will likely order the taking of the 2 games from Tim Fife. The guy is so dumb he posted and flaunted when he bought Pred#2, then cried when he was brought into the mix, and claimed everyone else was the bad guy.

I am glad the law will be coming after him and the games. Hopefullly one day they will be auctioned off to help recoup money for others.

#12629 7 years ago
Quoted from Brickshot:

lol. 5 months of posting without a single boot from a thread or even a timeout or reprimand. Post here in response to ridiculous attacks, slander, and misinformation and the witch hunt is back on.
Go back to focusing on Kevin. I'll drain it.

amazed you were able to keep quite for 5 months with this dup account. Guessing you finally slithered out of the cracks once your name came up in the Pacer files. Enjoy the machines while you still can...

My only question is if you are dumb enough to try and make the games disappear before the court takes them back??? Hopefully you are not silly enough to risk your families well being by doing something dumb.

#12650 7 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Let's not get carried away here. If the court demands their return, worst case he's going to be ordered to cough up the cash value if he cannot produce the machines. His "family's well being" shouldn't enter into the discussion.

could he be found in contempt if ordered and refuses to comply?

#12741 7 years ago

ANYONE that believes a single line of what Tim Fife is selling... has not read the depositions.

Amazed that some of you are taking it from him on faith. The guy is every bit as culpable as the rest of the crew and has been the exact opposite of cooperative thus far. His life will continue to be made more stressful unless he decides to take a different trajectory (would be very unexpected based on how he has been so far).

#12744 7 years ago
Quoted from Brickshot:

WTF are you talking? Have YOU read the deposition? What exactly do you think I said that is one iota different from what I said above? name ONE thing.

sorry, I cant talk details about ongoing legal matters, but I am very familiar with all aspect of the ongoing cases.

I am curious if you are going to voluntarily turn over the Predator machine once ordered. It would probably be beneficial for you in the long run.

Other question, Why have mods let you continue to be on Pinside? Is this your 5th dup account now? i honestly have lost track.

#12760 7 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Tim here that says he can prove he paid for it from a party once removed from Kevin.

or... Tim could actually cooperate and provide all the info on the party he claims to have bought it from.

I do like that his 'evidence' of purchase is a bank withdrawal. Keep in mind the date of purchase already changed from his deposition and anyone of us that buys games can show you a cash withdrawal on a specific date in a 3-6 month period. The courts wont look kindly on someone that is changing his story, the story is in opposition to others depositions, and he is still in possession of the 1 game currently proven to exist. Guessing the judge also wont take kindly to his flaunting of it on social media and his character is already well established with his more that 5 accounts and bait and switch tactics on here.

Quoted from Brickshot:

It's probably a couple more to be honest.

Quoted from TigerLaw:

Im inclined to let him stay for the time being. I don't speak for the whole mod team obviously (and Robin may feel different when he wakes up), but as far as I'm (personally) concerned Tim can keep posting if he wants to.

I'd like to hear more details about any conversations he's ever had with Kevin or anything else he would like to tell us. I'd like to hear more about these other machines being made. I'd like to hear more what Kevin's up to. Any facts Tim wants to share, I'm all ears.

What I'd really like to hear more about is what Kevin told Tim about processing refunds. Tims last account said Kevin told him he processed a bunch of refunds, we know that's not true but I'd like more details about what Kevin claimed.

Well if he actually wanted to provide some facts, then sure... but those should have been provided under deposition. Is the new precedent that you are allowed to have multiple accounts if you have a fun story to tell? I can understand your sick curiosity (hell i wonder what stupid thing he is going to claim next) but this flys directly in the opposition to the ToS and Pinsides previous stance. I personally dont think it is a positive to let someone continually make duplicate accounts, hide behind them for months telling lies, and then pop out once they are uncovered and make up more stories. If the guy really wanted to cooperate he would have done so under deposition and provided real facts. Tiger >> What sort of actual evidence would you ask for to corroborate Tim's new story? Now ask yourself why that evidence has never been provided and the guy suddenly reappears once the Pacer notes get posted.

#12772 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I was just writing the same thing when I read both posts. I keep $15K in the house and take and put back to that pile for various hobby things I buy and sell.
I also could not tell you what I had for dinner 2 days ago....

I am guessing all you guys with limited memory would very quickly and easily reconstruct a purchase and the details prior to showing up for a deposition, correct?

I may not remember each game, but you can be damn sure I remember the important ones. If I could not remember the details, you can be damn sure I could/would get my facts straight from looking through old PMs, email, text, phone records; and have your shit together.

I at least hope/assume most of you are smart enough to have it all together with proof when you show up for a deposition.

#12780 7 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

No. And I don't have to. It's up to you to prove I did something wrong. I don't have to prove what I did was right.
Just because your crops shriveled and died doesn't mean I'm a witch.

I dont think you fully understand how a deposition works and the potential ramifications from telling things that are not full truths. You better damn well believe I have my ducks in a row BEFORE I show up for a deposition.

Quoted from TigerLaw:

I think Keith has done a phenomenal job in the case - I'd let Keith represent me on anything, I'm impressed with him and his diligence.

100%! Kieth has done a great job and his diligence/actions have been fun to watch! He is a smooth operator and I am amazed with some of the things he knows/does.

#12783 7 years ago

sorry, I was not under deposition... I also figured that out with a little digging...

just sayin

#12817 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Robin has the final say.

Please feel free to open a mod feedback thread if you wish to discuss further.

I opened a mod thread almost 12 hrs ago and no response.

Are we supposed to PM him or does he actually check in on mod thread occasionally?

#12839 7 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

How do you "know" that Fox asked the AG to do anything?

isn't there some saying about the most obvious solution is often the correct answer?

1 week later
#12987 7 years ago
Quoted from KeithinMI:

Ok. It's Friday. Which means, in my world, only 2 more work days left in the week after today!

any good news for us?

#12989 7 years ago

Can someone with a pacer please take a quick check for me and see if there is anything intersting or new...

#12991 7 years ago

Thanks Wolfmarsh!

HAppy friday everyone

#12993 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Daaaaaammmn this sounds good.

An mp3 means one thing to me. Looking forward to listening.

#12995 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

I'm not sure what I want to hear more. His voice squirming or a judge's voice explaining the colonoscopy.

I am assuming it will be more of the same BS from him.

#13052 7 years ago

Keith, make sure you show up with the photo of the business card, the proof of kevin paying for the rv, and the copy of the video of him giving the kids the five laptops. I sure hope we get to listen to the recorded conversation from next week.

Hey Kevin.... Looking forward to hearing more about your crappy life next week.

#13057 7 years ago

Huge thanks to kieth for his continueed work on this. Fry him Kieth!

#13100 7 years ago

All I know is I woke up today with a smile on my face and life is great!

How you doing Kevin? Getting those documents in order? the clock is ticking... tick tock... tic tock... tick.

Should make for an interesting lesson at home school this next week.

#13156 7 years ago
Quoted from LyonsRonnie1:

This judge is VERY good. He's handled this very well, and gave Kevin a specific thing to do, that he was very clear about. He humored the excuses so that they can't be used again, and I have a feeling next week Kevin ends up in the pokey.
The whole thing is sad, because when this first fell all apart he was in a position with the right council that he may have been able to even LEGALLY weasel out of it, or at least get to a position where he could pay people back. Since the whole thing was based on a fraud (lying about the license) and he's made no attempt to pay people back, this is going to end very badly for him and his children.
He should have immediately lawyered up and worked his way through paying people back, now his kids are about to lose their dad for a few years.

I honestly believe if Kevin had just been honest when he was caught lying and said "sorry guys, I messed up and thought I could push on even without the license" "I have blown through all but 400k and now I am in a spot where you can all come sue me for your full amount or I can offer you back 50% of what you put in" "I have the original 2 prototypes, 250 skeletons, and a handful of parts to make 10 games that dont have license stuff on it and can be sold"

You will each get $1500 back plus a skeleton and my sincere apology...

I really think the majority would have walked away and chalked it up as a lesson learned. Instead he choose to continue down the alternative path and a few of us are going to ensure we bleed him for every dollar possible and make sure his life (along with every last person even remotely involved or contributing to his livelyhood) can be as inconvenienced as possible.

#13207 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

Personally I prefer the compliment sandwich.

I refer to that as the shit sandwich with my team.

"Hey you are doing really good at x"
"You need to work on A, B, C"
"Nice job on Y"

#13248 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

was used up legitimately.

Just one point of clarification. There was no possible 'legitimate' use. Kevin never had the license and people were paying for a product that was never delivered. Dont lose sight that he lied to everybody about having the license.

Kevin is in a sticky wicket. Produce records and you are on the hook. Run and they will find you. Dont produce records and you are going to prison. Fabricate records and there is already enough evidence to prove them fabricated and then you are in even more trouble.

#13267 7 years ago

anyone dug to figure out what he has court for in OH? Since we know he has more than the 3 kids he takes ownership of in the interview, I have to assume the others are from his wife. Maybe she is the one with court in OH.

If someone wants to search her name, maybe something pops up?

#13270 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Maybe this is none of our business. This is the USA you know.....

actually, it is pertinent.

History of telling lies, so I am curious if he even has a court case to attend to? This is in fact the USA and lots of things are public record. Break the law or have a legal matter and people can look it up.

#13276 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Family Court cases, especially those involving minor children are not public matters in Ohio.

that would explain if it is not on the public record. I am just curious if he is really going to OH.

#13307 7 years ago

best part is Kevin still does not know all the things that have been turned up in discovery.

If he shows up with fabricated books and more lies he is going to be caught with real evidence.

#13442 7 years ago

I predict he shows up, provides more of the same BS shoddy non-records, and is incapable of complying with all of the orders.
The only question to me is if the Judge gives him more rope or tosses his ass in Prison. I hope Kieth and the Judge put him through the ringer and go line by line with every single order. Tally a list of the things he is yet to comply with and then toss his pirate booty in the pen.

Good luck today Keith and call him on all his BS and make him incriminate himself on all the fun stuff Must be a fun day in your world!

#13452 7 years ago
Quoted from robbiedoo:

If Keith is silent right now, it's probably a sign that Douche McTurd showed up and is being grilled as we speak.
We can only hope.

agreed

#13453 7 years ago

I also would not expect to hear anything until things pop up on PACER. Once it is public then I am sure wolf will be able to grab it so we can all hear the details. I caution anyone form getting to excited at this stage. Still a long way to go in this ordeal, but we can rejoice in the fact that kevin is hopefully having a very shitty day

#13546 7 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Kevin asked his lawyer to make a statement about posts on here, so please as a reminder, keep it cool in here or we can't keep the information flowing.

Very good point and worth reminder that please don't jeopardize the ongoing and great work of kieth and the effort many have put in to keep things moving on the legal front.

#13549 7 years ago

I am trying to confirm if and where Kevin has arcades on route currently, based on previous postings of his business card for operating games combined with online photos of his kids playing arcade games which appear to be in storage, i belive this to be true.

If anyone in the area can verify and will put together documentation and sign off on it, i am will to pay for your time to do this. Please message me with what you think is fair.

If you are reading this and know someone that can assist, then please reach out to me. I am serious, and happy to toss more money after this dirt bag for proof and statement.

#13555 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am trying to confirm if and where Kevin has arcades on route currently, based on previous postings of his business card for operating games combined with online photos of his kids playing arcade games which appear to be in storage, i belive this to be true.
If anyone in the area can verify and will put together documentation and sign off on it, i am will to pay for your time to do this. Please message me with what you think is fair.
If you are reading this and know someone that can assist, then please reach out to me. I am serious, and happy to toss more money after this dirt bag for proof and statement.

Just want this to be on the new page.

Mr.Bally, I think you provided the business card. Care to may some money and lend a hand in helping out?

anyone else?

#13561 7 years ago

thanks guys, but what I want and am willing to pay for is proof of games Kevin has on route. It sounds like he is either running the route himself or has a buddy acting as the front.

I will pay cold hard cash for this evidence. I know someone out there must be willing to assist.

Maybe I need to reach out to Aaron Klump? Guessing he is looking for a deal to ensure he gets off from this mess and guessing he may need a little cash also?

#13575 7 years ago
Quoted from shakenbake:

Not looking for any cash and maybe it doesn't help much but KK contacted me last spring to make him a large batch of arcade cabinets. I would guess to put on route.

Thx.

#13607 7 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

So what happens next?

2/17/2017

as I understand it form the doc linked?

#13616 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Time to find a paper trail of the purchase of the RV. If there is a large withdrawal at that time I bet the judge won't be too happy with him lying and hiding assets.
Who is this Mike that might have another machine?

Is that the guy that owns an arcade in MI? The one that Kevin had a prototype predator at for a short bit back in the day?
Can't remember the name of the place off the top of my head.

#13693 7 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Maybe I've missed it, but is there any reason why the records and documents Kevin refuses to produce haven't already been subpoenaed?
Also, does anyone else love the judge as much as me?

In short, some/many have been subpoenaed and were in process for the civil case/s. However, when the Bankruptcy was filed it puts a stay on the civil matters and we had to waste more $ and time proving that our debts could not be discharged. In bankruptcy, the onus is on KK to provide the records and not the trustee, but as I understand it they were beating around the pinata and things kept falling out, lol.

There are both people and businesses that will be brought in for deposition once things pick back up on the civil cases is my guess.

#13697 7 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

At a minimum you can check the box for "Unreported Income" and "Failure to Withhold Tax". You just mail it in after filling it out.

and it would be appreciated if at this junction, nobody does that.

Let the pinheads go after the funds first. The IRS can and will step in at some point, but I see no reason to force them at this stage.

#13765 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

She was hoping for K to go to jail so she could get herself a mail-order Syrian husband.
Looks like that plan may have just gone into the toilet....

Kathy is the mom.

Amanda is the wife.

BOTH were part of SkitB and are going down also if I have things my way.

#13792 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Maybe they were V-techs from Toys R Us

I am always curious of your motives MrBally

#13817 7 years ago

Still offering a cash payout for anyone that can confirm where/what route games Kevin/his buddy is potentially operating.

He possibly is running a route with a front man as the guy collecting money. Likely in the Pinconning, Standish, Worth, Woodville, Bay City Region, up/down I75 and M13. If any local pinheads want to help out, please reach out to me.

#13821 7 years ago
Quoted from Jazman:

True - can be had relatively cheaply. Why he did that versus tables/phones/etc doesn't matter. There was video evidence available online for everyone to see. In the video Amanda says clearly that they were from Kevin and not her. He's admitted it under oath in court.

At this point it seems obvious to me that his wife is the one pulling his strings and likely also posting things like this on social media on purpose. I get the impression she knows what she is doing. House in her name... Seems to have a BUNCH of nice new camera equipment and a new studio in the past few years. New toys for the kids. Then posts all sorts of things on social media to further implicate the husband.

#13841 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Does Keith have all that info and Facebook pix?

If anyone has the photos saved from all the toys they purchased, please post it up here.

#13878 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

The US Marshall's likely entered the place and if they noticed something, they would act. Probably other LEO'S were also involved.

Actually it is very likely the US Marshalls did not even enter the house. They sounded to be very nice and professional. They likely knocked on the door, Kevin answered, they explained why they were there and asked if there was a responsible party to watch the kids till his wife gets home. Assuming he said yes and went without provocation, then it was likely a non-issue (that is what he said ont he recorded hearing so I assume they were professionals and specifically try to avoid issues for the kids).

Quoted from MrBally:

As was mentioned, you don't want a harassment charge. Especially one by a telecommunication device. It gets ugly fast. For you or whoever does it.

If anyone has genuine concern for the kids then they likely should do the right thing and report it. No harm in a welfare check if it is for the kids and that would never be harrasement if you had reason to think there was an issue. I can tell you that a few people in the MI scene seem to know quite a bit more about what is going on behind the scenes and have spoken with me about the greater concern for the kids and stress this is having on them already. As other have said, the stress has just begun!

#13879 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Now how would anyone on here know that? Unless it was purchased in Springfield from Bob's RV Roundup.....

you do realize it is relatively easy to determine the current owner and previous owner for any registered vehicle, dont you...

#13881 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

No, I don't. Unless someone magically has the VIN or Registration information.

is that supposed to be hard to acquire? You are not very CONvincing here Mr Bally.

#13895 7 years ago

surprised nobody has just linked this thread to online reviews on google and yelp for her photography business.

#13915 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

If the legal team is doing the work gratis, then I agree. Otherwise, figure another hour billed, the customary fee for research that the institution charges even if nothing is found. Or, the buck per page fee. Don't forget postage, registered mail, return receipt requested. All of a sudden, BAM! another plaintiff's deposit is gone.
At least this type of subpoena does not require delivery by a Court Officer. Then another fee gets assessed.

I dont think you understand the motivation of many of us at this stage.

#13923 7 years ago

If people want to really help, please help me find someone that can verify if/where Kevin or his associates have a route operation in the region he lives. I am offering 500 bucks for information/verification of this and guessing if that amount grows then someone (maybe even one of his friends) will be looking to make some side cash in exchange for information.

I have already recieved annonymous phone calls from some of his friends or previous friends with information. I just need some verification of this information.

If people want to add to that initial finders fee then feel free.

#13927 7 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

Sweet baby jesus. Remind me not to piss you off.

As much as I supported this sham at the start, I have twice the voracity and determination on the back end. I am likely one of the most loyal people you will ever meet. Burn that loyalty and i will do everything within legal means to take a guy down. It is how it works in my family and what i was taught from my father. I could tell many stories but with my pops, he was not a law fearing man so it rarely ended well for the other person (he was 6'5 over 350 and pure strength). I play by the rules and have found it to have a more lasting satisfaction.

#13933 7 years ago

17 Feb

#13942 7 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

One would guess the guy he was photographed with strolling through the auction, buying route games, is the guy that does all the pickups of cash and is probably the one who also is registered with the state license. Kevin pays for route equipment, skinny guy picks up route cash and pays Kevin under the table (aka tax free).

that would be a good guess if I were to guess...

#13972 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Did any of those callers mention a machine in this place? It's on State St. in Saginaw, Michigan.

I have not found anyone to confirm/ verify information at this stage.

Mr. Bally >> if you have some verifiable info you can share then please reach out.

#14072 7 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

I bet the mother of the child begs to differ on that.
Carry on.

curious what this is supposed to mean? Seems like a really odd thing to say to someone and could be insinuating something very negative about Tommy.

#14078 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Anyone have some ideas on where the money is?
I personally don't think Kevin ever received close to $1 million, but maybe half that. Still, that's a huge amount of cash that obviously wasn't all spent on empty cabinets and a few plastic spines.

all just ideas at this point...

We have a good idea that his wife bought a house in her name and had him removed from title just days before completing the purchase. His wife has opened a photography studio and seems to have lots of expensive camera equipment which has showed up post predator money; makes you wonder. We have seen large apparant gifts from Kevin to his mother (32ft RV). There is evidence of him running a route business (business cards), photos of him attending auctions with Dave Truckel (his tall long haired buddy commonly called the Goat amongst people), people that build multicades stating he has requested quotes for build out of 60-80 cabs, and videos online of his kids playing some arcades in a trailer/storage. Sounds like he paid sizable amounts to Virtupin. Payments to Backalley? Payments to Spooky for playfields? It is pretty easy to add up over 200k with little effort.

I would guess he took in a minimum of 450k and a maximum of 750k. Just looking at the list of people owned money you can see that many paid in the 3k deposit, some paid in the full amount. Many even sent checks to avoid fees being charged. I even know one gentleman that told me he sent one full check for 4750 and was told there was an issue, so he sent another full check. Both were supposedly cashed. Simple math says that even if only 150 paid in 3k (and did not get chargebacks) that means he took in a min of 450k. I obviously have spent considerable time piecing many things together. I estimate he has atleast 200k sitting somewhere. I estimate there is atleast another 150k of assest that are readily recoverable.

You have to keep in mind that I assume the majority of us signed on with a lawyer to give a %. I can say that Keith is a very smart man and does nto work for free. My guess is that he thinks there is a similar amount that is easily recoverable (once things are all settled; and that is what Kieth specializes in...; if you thought he was good now, wait till he goes to get the money ).

#14082 7 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

He wrote another check without cancelling the first check? You really can't make this stuff up. Some people truly do have more money than sense.

I would call it more hope, trust, and desire to believe in something. If anything the sadness of someone like Kevin taking advantage of so many, continually reminds me of the good nature fo so many others. In order for any con artist to take so many, that means there are so many that like to believe! Sad but still a silver lining that reminds me how unique (call it dumb if you want) the pinball community can be.

The worst thing to me is when I hear of some where this event has completely ruined the hobby for them. I try to find the silver lining and in this case that will be seeing this all to completion and bringing as much legal misery upon the entire Kuleck gang as humanly possible. I hope this alone will help to restore some faith in those that lost it over this con.

#14119 7 years ago

Hey Kevin...

I know you are reading this. 1 week left. Better get your books in order. You have been given lots of rope and eventually someone in charge is going to get sick of your lies.

The longer you drag this out, the more others surrounding you will be brought into the fray.

#14124 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I don't think he reads this page at all. It clashes too much with the reality he imagines where he is somehow the victim and us suckers he took money from and didn't return are somehow bad people.

according to some of his freinds that have reached out, he reads this thread daily.

It is not like he is busy working a job, lol. I guess he may be busy coming up with lesson plans and grading papers for home schooling.... yeah right...

#14154 7 years ago

Great job Kieth!

Hey Kevin >> Wonder how great it is now that all your previous friends are getting more and more pissed at you each day...

#14155 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Who are Piornak, Woods, et al?

previous members of Skit B pinball

#14156 7 years ago

apparently recieved money from Kevin/SkitB pinball at one point...

#14162 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

It looks like James was listed as an "engineer"and Steve was listed as the "build manager". I'm not sure about the other names.

one of the other guys was an 'artist' or something similar.

#14164 7 years ago

hey c508 >> anything against Truckel?

#14192 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I am really surprised that Kulek has not yet disappeared into that good Pinconning night.

best part is that if he evaporates at this stage he will leave his entire family holding the bag.

#14194 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

I wonder if he has a life insurance policy that would take care of his family and his debts?

Probably should have claimed that as an asset..?

#14307 7 years ago
Quoted from Silver_Bullet:

I was wondering the same thing. Given Clay Harrell's attitude and evasiveness on the subject of the Predator parts/partial games in his possession, I would not hold my breath. He thinks he is entitled to parts paid for by other people.

Will be interesting if/when Clay has to go under oath for deposition to see what he says.

I agree it is really sad that Clay made up this whole elaborate story to the community. If he had just came out and told the truth and that he wanted to get a playable Predator in order to preserve the story and so it would be a draw for people to come to his VFW show, then I think most people would have chipped in and even helped. Instead he decided to BS the very people that even made it possible for him to do so. Many of the same people that even donated free money to him to kickstart his VFW and pay for a new roof.

#14309 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

1. Do you realize Clay could file a Civil suit against you for liebel?

lol.

Please show me where anything I have said meets the requirements of defamation. I have made no false statements about Clay regarding Predator and his involvement of the "non-Kevin" built machine. Please explain the damages and value of the purported defamation.

Quoted from MrBally:

2. What does "donated free money" mean?

Means he ran a kickstarter and asked for donations in return for different items. Myself and many others donated and then never were provided with the items as stated in the kickstarter. i.e. free money where as it was originally expected to be a kickstarter campaign in exchange for a private attendance to the VFW plus shirt.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/52228098/ann-arbor-pinball-museum-wants-to-open

Quoted from MrBally:

3. Sorry you won't be attending the VFW Show this year.

I may. Still isn't sold out, but likely hitting up some other shows instead. Unless Clay wants to ban me for outting him and what he has done with his Predator? He may also want to fire a handful of his voulenteer crew for being more than happy to talk about what they know abouyt his Preadtor involvement. I understand it is a good ole boys club in MI, but you also need to understand that lots of them dont agree with some of the ways Clay has gone about and been involved in this so they have been more than happy to toss him under the bus. I do find it funny that he supposedly went back and looked over the CCTV footage to figure out every person I spoke to while at the show last year and the went to talk with each of them individually afterwards to try and figure out whom talked to me and confirmed suspicions of the community that he had a predator/parts to build predator/s.

#14328 7 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Some new documents up.
In document #60, Keith is applying for reimbursement of his fees.

In the related David Truckle case, a default judgement has been entered against David Truckle for $70,000. It covers a bunch of games and some money transferred to him from Skit-B.

great work Keith!!!!

#14336 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

I'm surprised they didn't contest it. $70k seems a lot for a few MAME cabs.

how many full mutlicades would that buy you? boards, cabs, all the parts?

1 week later
#14369 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

If you were from Michigan and saw him you wouldn't have...the problem with the digital age.

a few of the more respected MI pinheads gave him money.

#14371 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

haha...yeah they might be respected in Wisconson.

lol. Pete and Dayhuff are good dudes regarless of state

1 week later
#14572 7 years ago

I don't want to know before we have been subjected to several pages of meaningless speculation!

not much to speculate in this case.

Sounds like trustee likely clawed back some assets (the license agreement for EoD) and is trying to see if it is of interest to other pinball manufacturers. Could be a fun theme and and manufacturer that opts to take it on would definately get some fan fare from the community with the knowledge that anyone buying the game has helped to make others whole in a secondary sort of way.

Heck, maybe a manufacturer could even price in for the additional amount to pay out to the trust. Could be a very smart marketing tactic?

#14649 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

As you get older, you'll realize not let stuff like this get to you. You'll also be able to look at a person, listen to them talk and size up the ones who are lying thieves that shouldn't be trusted with your money. Exactly how I did at a certain seminar.

#14677 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

attempts were made

there is no such thing as 'attempts' in this matter. You cant half ass it in court.

There is a clearly spelled out legal process and requirements to file specific motions in every instance. If those were not filed then the default judgement goes in.

Glad the trustee and lawyer working for the trustee is doing such an awesome job of finding where the money went and getting the judgements.

I am looking forward to when the recovery starts. As I understand it, that is really where Keith will shine/ his expertise.

#14688 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Dear expert, since you decided to selectively comment on my post, why not answer the question I posed?

I did not selectively comment on your post. I specifically commented on it.

I already answered your question. The answer is very clear that there are no re-dos in federal court. I am not sure what you mean by

Quoted from MrBally:legal shenanigans

but I presume by this

Quoted from MrBally:

attempts were made to answer

that you are inferring someone made a phone call but never filed their response???

Please clarify what you are saying with more specifics. I am not an expert but I sure have learned alot about federal bankruptcy proceedings from my research due to this whole issue. It has been quite enlightening from what I used to 'think' and the things I now know.

#14719 7 years ago
Quoted from playboywillis:

I think everyone's hoping for some kind of recording, but really all we're expecting is just the facts of what happened from Pacer or possibly (not probably) from Keith.
Of course, now that I think about it, would a deposition even appear on Pacer? Or are you guys just looking for KK getting arrested for not showing up/not producing records?

In short I doubt we get anyhing from the depositions last week unless there was a court recorder there. I am sure they are on tape but unlikely to be transcribed unless Keith has am admin with some downtime.

I can give a brief summary of how it went in my head.

Kulecks both show up in pajamas and wearing stupid hats they think make them look cool or more 'witchy'. They have noticably more tattoos than the last time they were seen in public. They both tell a few lies, get caught up in a few other lies from previous depositions, incriminate themselves futher for future pending criminal proceedings, likely toss a few more people under the bus (seems to be their current though process of how they think they will get out of this), and in general can't account for where the 500k went. They make excuses and blame others.

Luckily this all leads to more help for the trustee to identify and recover assests.
I am guessing the next thing to show up on Pacer will be more motions to start talking to a few more people that were sent money?

At this stage I think the trustee just works to find the money and go get it. The more they get, the better shot we all eventually see .50 on the dollar.

#14720 7 years ago

side note: I am personally looking for info regarding where the 10 playfields and other various Predator parts went.

I was told that allegedly Kevin sold a whole bunch of stuff to a guy (in IL?). We know for sure that the guy in IL then resold some of this stuff as we know Clay has a 'non-Kevin' built game/ playfields based on his own admission plus I know a few other people with some of these parts.

I would like to find and talk to this Guy in IL.

I have $300 cold hard cash for anyone that can provide me the contact info for this 'guy in IL'
I am happy to keep you annonymous and wont drag you in to any proceedings. If you want, then set up a throw away email and send me a message with details. Once I verify the guy is correct, I will paypal gift that account the $300 or however you want to receive the funds (tell me to leave it under a machine at MGC at a specific time and walk away, lol; however you want).

I know there are multiple people that know whom the 'guy in IL' is but they are all want to avoid being drug into the matter (understandably). I have been contacted by 2 people in MI but they are afraid of the potential repercussions from a large collector in MI with parts and dont want to be involved for fear of being blacklisted from group events (again, I get it. We are a small community and nobody wants to be booted from events in your region of the community because you make a few collectors that procured parts the wrong way, pissed off)

I figured that offering some cash and a way to stay annonymous may help get me the information I seek.

This is all for the long term benefit of recovering more assets that rightfully should be auctioned and then have those funds go to the estate, so the people that got screwed can get back some funds.

#14722 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Why would anyone would get involved in this shitstorm for a measly $300?

That is actually a pretty typical finders fee for this sort of info.
In case you missed it, I am providing the option to stay completely annonymous. It is very easy to set up a throw away email account to send off some info. Also very easy to have money sent annonymously in todays world.

There are a few people in MI that have already reached out to me and want to help but have expressed fear of repercussion for doing so. Seems like an easy way to make $300 cash for almost zero effort and the ability to remain completely out of anything.

More amazing to me is that there seems to be lots of people that know behind the scenes stuff and they are afraid to get involved and be a hero among the 200+ people that were screwed.

The reality is that those 10 playfields could have been legally procured by people that desired to build their own game. They could have waited for the legal proceedings and eventual auction of the assets, but those people opted to circumvent the pre-order people and take advantage when the option came along to buy. A stand up person is the one that sees this wrong and can easily right it by annonymously providing a name of the original buyer and reseller. Bonus that they get $300 for a little info.

#14726 7 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

Hey, is Keith doing this as a volunteer? I assumed he was getting paid but your comment about giving him a gift makes me re-consider?

typically the way it works is anyone appointed to work for the trustee is getting paid a set amount based on what they work.
For the civil case there is a contract for what he makes based on amount recovered.

#14727 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Keith is getting paid.

you always know so much about this, but dont really know anything about this

More accurately, Keith is able to bill for his time.
Getting paid is a while different thing than billing.

#14730 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Er, so is he getting paid, or not?

nobody gets paid till assets are recovered.

Lots of people now have non-dischargable claims. Getting paid is a whole next step

#14745 7 years ago
Quoted from jasonp:

Maybe someone could swing by Mr Kulek's place and ask him how it went.
Just dont go by during school hours ...

leave that to the Marshalls. No need to potentially get yourself in trouble for harrassment.

Also, since Mr. Kuleck has madeit a point to let the courts know he has a gun, we definatley want to leave that job to the Marshalls.

#14761 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

As a follow up to the discussion about it instigated by jeiths's comments to Kevin.
The whole point is whysnow portrayal of it all is disingenuous

my point was that the dude has a gun. It would be stupid for anyone to go to his house period. It would be doubly stupid to do so since he has a gun. It is triply dumb for anyone to defend any of his actions and actually try and blame shift for him. Pretty obvious what your entire point

#14767 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Yes.., that you exaggerate and make shit up all the time to "flavor" your posts. Subconscious or intentional ... no one can take your posts at face value.

You read into all sorts of posts with an ulterior motive all the time it seems. It is not just my posts; you commonly seem to pick fights on the board and read in a negative connotation to the majority of what you do online. It comes off with an extremely trolling tone in case you are not aware; doubly so since you do so as an annonymous person that targets a select few indiciduals on a regular basis and repeatedly. You genuinely may want to look in the mirror with why you always seem to see the worse in a thread/post/person rather than assuming the benign or positive.

#14770 7 years ago

Please just put me on ignore rather than trolling.

honestly, never seen a guy send 5 different PMs to lecture someone that they are putting him on ignore and then not ignoring them. Just plain odd.

#14771 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

but when you say "Kevin has made it a point to let the courts know.."

It was clear. the guy selectively disclosed some things but obviously left a whole bunch off the list.

Go ask yourself why someone in bankruptcy specifically makes it a point to disclose ownership of a gun, then feigns being scared when a lawyer reminds him that guns are not allowed at his office. I am not inferring anything. KK specifically made it a point to have it known he has a gun. If anyone has the stupid idea of paying him a visit, they would be doubly dumb to do so given what is known.

Go find your drama elsewhere tough guy.

#14810 7 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

But wasn't Kevin suppose to show up somewhere (on March 17th?) and we don't know if he did??

safe to assume he did... otherwise I am pretty sure the Marshalls would have picked him up and we would hear about that?

#14861 7 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Keith, can we get a quick status update? Did Kevin eventually show for the Rule 2004 examination?

he is not in jail currently... you do the math

#14879 7 years ago

wrong guy.

dont confused the 2 companies.

#14902 7 years ago

he is SO DAMN GOOD!!!

1 week later
#15008 7 years ago

Kieth is just SO DAMN GOOD!

#15041 7 years ago

keep in mind it will be months and months before anything is actually taken.

Exciting news for sure, but the Kulecks will still be living in the house Predator owners purchased for quite some time. Just want to temper the reaction that the house is already a recovered asset. Long way to go and as we have all seen, the justice wheels are full of twists and turn very slow.

I personally am more excited for the proceedings of the cabinet guy. We know there is a whole bunch of money that was transferred to him!

go Kieth go!

#15051 7 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

Would that be smart move?

that would be very smart. Reality is that his history shows a better chance of stripping the copper out of the walls and burning the place down are a more likely outcome.

#15140 7 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

hitlon, learn how to spell correctly

sorry, dyslexia is a bitch to deal with.

2 weeks later
#15485 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

New documents up in the VirtuaPin related case, including some audio.
Here is the link to the audio: https://soundcloud.com/user-800669943/1ap2017-02002-20170504-133936
One of the new documents is an affadavit from Paul, where he admits getting the case information.

Another couple of related documents are Keith's motion for sanctions and a brief from Keith in response to Paul's motion to set aside the default judgement. It basically says Paul's defense that they weren't properly served is ridiculous, and his lawyer doesn't understand the law he tried to use as a defense.

Thx. Can i get a synopsis in laymans terms?

#15555 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

New audio up for Kathy Kulek's related case (that's Kevin's mom).
https://soundcloud.com/user-800669943/1ap2017-02000-20170504-142930
I haven't listened fully yet, so someone else will have to post a quick synopsis.

starts out with a THICK sob story

Mom apparently has acute COPD and has requested to be able to write down her response(more delaying). She wants to have this done before Aaron (I assume Klump) gets married. She claims nobody has appropriately gotten information about court summons to appear/wrong address.
Complaining about the court recording being public domain.

#15558 6 years ago

seems obvious that she wants to write down her answer so she can spend more time crafting a response...

#15570 6 years ago
Quoted from jasonp:

The Judge sees through all of the Sob stories,Lies and Bullcrap.
He is just allowing them to bury themselves before he drops the bomb on them.

I love the judges tone at the end when he tells he to get to the hospital. lol

#15611 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I wonder if Kevin's family were told that same lie? Obviously not his spouse or mother, but some people in his family may believe it and use that to justify why they think he is the victim and not us...

it seems to me that they are ALL in on the scam.

Blatantly obvious that mom is putting on an act for anyone that has met her in the past. Hell, she is the person that helped to sell so many on the game not long ago. She was at shows doing the song and dance routine, same with Amanda, Dave Truckle, Aaron, etc...

That said, with the amount of lies Kevin told everyone, I would not be surprised if some of them have no idea how deep the hole is that he dug for the whole clan. Seems like some of them genuinely think this is a 100k or less sort of situation and not a 500k situation. From Amandas depositions it seems she has seen a bit more of how serious this all is and thinks she can distance herself from Kevin in order to salvage the house/kids. I still peg her as the most intelligent of the whole crew (not a high bar) and wonder when she will decide the best thing she can do is toss the hubby under the bus to make sure she avoids jail time. Based on his past with SkitB and this case, she can likely push the state aid fraud on to him.

#15616 6 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

Let me ask a question
If skitb was an LLC company, then none of the family etc would be in court, Kevin would not be bankrupt only the company??

doubtful and not the case, so a moot point.

1 week later
#15742 6 years ago
Quoted from edcianci:

this list I got was created by one of us - it wasn't created by kevin - it was created right after things went south - I should have read the email first - anyway keith I'm sure you have it - if you need it just let me know - again sorry for the confusion. thanks ed

pm sent.

please email it to me. I am pretty sure I have this and it has been passed on, but I will confirm it is the same (earlier version from current?)
From what I know, I dont think a lawyer can just reach out to request info, but nothing stops us from sending along stuff when we find it.

1 week later
#15772 6 years ago
Quoted from BigPhil:

So, where exactly is the one and only working Predator pin now?

there are 3 or 4 confirmed Predators at minimum and at least 1 that is claimed to have built form parts.

The only 2 public disclosed games are with Tim Fife and with Clay (in this thread purporting to have built his own from spare parts he 'found'/ acquired)

1 week later
#15812 6 years ago

someone in MI should reach out to make contact and get details about buying something.

basically figure out if this is really them or just a coincidence of sorts (lots of photo equipment out there and lots of people looking for pinball)

#15816 6 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

So let's make a list and see if anything doesn't add up...
✓ Ad shows up on Michigan Craigslist
✓ As is selling large amount of expensive camera equipment
✓ Business appears to be a family business based on "I love my husband" plaque
✓ This is a man about Kevin's age who has a daughter and wife
✓ This man buys and sells arcade games
✓ The man has the same ring on his ring finger as Kevin
✓ There is a motive to liquidate camera equipment and convert to untraceable cash or arcade games
✓ Timing is appropriate for an attempt to hide assets purchased with Predator money
I cannot find a single thing that doesn't suggest Kevin/Amanda.

100% agree, but the best evidence would be someone arranging and documenting the purchase of something. If this really is Kevin/Kulecks and someone makes a purchase then I will reimburse for the piece of equipment you buy

message me to let me know in advance.

#15829 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I would suggest you guys let the attorney and courts handle this rather than risk harassing a possible innocent person. And being manipulated by Hilton to do dirty deeds would be embarrassing in itself.
I suggest you take screen shots of the CL ad, forward it to the attorney and let him handle this in an open and proper way. Much less complex to do and without devious intent.
Long ago someone in this thread was encouraging others to trespass on Kevin's property to confront him which would have been a serious crime. My suggestion is you leave things like this to the pro's and not bumbling amateurs.

there is zero harm in someone reaching out to inquire about buying something from a clist advert.

My suggestion is Kim has zero part in the ongoing legal proceedings and in fact would like to see me hurt so badly that he would be fine with the Kuleks running off with everyones funds and selling off any assets under the table for cash on a clist ad.

He has ZERO clue as to what has gone into the fight to recover the assest for all people screwed by this sham and it is pathetic that he is even here commenting at all.

There is nothing illeagal or unethical about emailing to see about purchasing some camera equipment.

Sorry but anyone in central MI selling camera equipment on Clist and requesting pinball machine in trade is worth a minor amount of further investiagtion just for the outside chance they are affiliated with this entire mess.

If it is not affiliated then, oh darn a bunk clist buyer disappears.

Even his insinuation that sending an email to inquire about purchase is 'harrasment' is preposterous.

a few other points:
1. Of course things are already sent to the correct people
2. He has no idea what the courts or attourney can legally do
3. He does not even understand what manipulation is.
4. I have always suggested staying within ALL legal bounds while trying to pin everyone involved to the legal floor. It would be very stupid to give them any ammo, esp since they cry poor me at every possible chance.

#15831 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Why don't you do it instead of asking other people?

a few reasons

I am at work where I can not easily make a spoof email account.

I dont have a MI phone number and IF this were infact associated with SkitB camera equipment sales, then a phone call would be the natural progression from initial email if Kulek was actually smart enough to screen a buyer.

#15833 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

When you're home tonight, create a spoof email and send them a message.
Problem solved.

that is a grand idea. With over 100 people screwed by this conartist, there are others on the case

#15835 6 years ago

appears it is not anyone affiliated with the scammers

#15839 6 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

And some poor dude trying to sell his camera equipment got harassed because he wears a black wedding ring. Bravo everyone.

lol. Yeah... he got harrased.

He got an email inquiring about some gear and it was easy to tell from the response he was not Kulek.

Sounds like harrasement to me. We shoudl probably call the cops for this poor guy that got an email for some stuff he was selling on craigslist and the person was just wasting their time with the 2 min it took to respond.

Quite the drama queens we have here.

#15865 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Most of you are familiar with the expression, "Going Hilton" or "Dude, stop going all Hilton on me". Its a badge of honor for many of us to be attacked by him so I thought I'd quote his post for historical and educational purposes.

?

#15873 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

He does have his positive attributes I whole heartily agree. But he also represents everything that is wrong about Pinside with his continually disturbing behavior.
Are you suggesting he be allowed to abuse many of us individually and collectively because he once ran a charity event? I think not. We are all judged on balance.
Don't take my word for it, go to his Forum Profile and read his stats. He has been moderated 54 times. 54 times! Then compare that to your own stats and think about it. Feel free to check my stats also for comparison. I've been moderated twice and I've ruffled more than few feathers around here.
Is it all of us or does he play a roll somehow.

I may be polarizing online, but I have never verbally assulted someone at a pinball show and tried to take it a level beyond that. If you want something to think about, I suggest some personal reflection on that Kim.

NOw months after doing it you apparently begged to have the posts surrounding this ridiculousness scrubbed from the forum all together to try and hide the fact of what transpired. THink on that also...

I have no issue with opinions and feather ruffling, but if you want to count numbers that matter, we should probably be more concerned with someone flying off the handle in real life rather that the number of times I have opted to not hold my tounge on an internet forum and gotten moderated for it. we both push the limits, but you are the guy doing it in real life, to real people and at a pinball show of all places.
On top of it you came here to brag at what a big man you were for doing it and putting someone in their place.

Cheers I am out to go play some pinball with some real life people. I suggest you do the same and figure out a way to cool off on your attempts to goad me and apparantly requests to mods to have me permabanned. It appears to me that this has become some sort of personal goal of yours recently? Sorry, but I am not interested in your playground games, esp knowing that you hold such a grudge that you may just opt to escalate it to real life. Give it a break and find someone else to hate please.

1 week later
#15916 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Amanda mentioned previously she would take out a mortgage on her home if necessary, so I'm guessing this is the fruition of that.
All this means for them is that they are having to rightfully pay for their house instead of paying for it with predator money, which is what should have happened years ago.
If someone doesn't want their free pizza, I'll eat it and post pictures of me enjoying it.

will be the BEST damn pie I ever ate!

#15961 6 years ago
Quoted from NoahFentz:

Hi Guys!
I just wanted to drop in and say that I would not be building cabinets and printing and applying decals for a project that's not fully licensed!
Anyone that knows me knows I won't even consider touching unlicensed projects!
Speculation can now rest.
Pre-owners can certainly look forward to receiving their PREDATORS.
Thank you.

Quoted from NoahFentz:

Paul Maletich
President - VirtuaPin Cabinets, Inc.
http://virtuapin.net

Quoted from NoahFentz:

LOL.
It's currently in production, along with PREDATORs!

Quoted from NoahFentz:

The cabinet guy is in the same boat as everyone else!
To: "Greg Wells", "Mr. X.", or whatever pseudonym you'd like,
I didn't replied to your anonymous email, as I had yet to see or hear any hard facts. As of this morning, I have fully read Martin's expose and followed along with this topic. I simply cannot fathom the license being a lie, even to this day. How can someone so blatantly jeopardize 4 hobby-related businesses without any regard for their futures?!
Nonetheless, I have spoken with various individuals today, and Kevin still contends he has/had a license to produce these machines. I would now like to speak personally with a Fox representative regarding the matter. I would not be doing my own due diligence if I fail to follow up in light of all the recent developments.
As I understand it, it's not an easy task to contact them, so I ask ...
Please put me in touch with Fox, so I can get some firsthand answers to the questions I need answered. I have a lot invested in this project, and I will be exploring my own recourse in this matter.
You have my email, if you want to continue to be anonymous.
Thank you.

Quoted from NoahFentz:

I talked with Kevin through the 'approval' process, and everything he said was very credible. Right down to submitting the new art, after changes, for approval.
I'm obviously not the only one that's been duped here. I stated I would not work on an unlicensed product, and I stand by that. I was 100% convinced this thing was licensed.

Quoted from NoahFentz:

I sure did, and for that, I sincerely apologize. I was given every reason to believe it was fully licensed, as was every pre-owner and other vendor.
Kevin even let me stick my neck out there, just to get it cut off knowingly. For that, he will never be forgiven.
I'm just as pissed as every here, as I have a lot to lose over this fiasco, too.

Quoted from NoahFentz:

I'm not sure why the 'cabinet guy' keeps coming up. The 'cabinet guy' is a company, VirtuaPin Cabinets, Inc, not some dude building cabinets in his garage. We were contracted to do a job, that's it.
Since 2013, we've started and stopped production on these cabinets 5 or 6 times, hired and trained staff FOR the job, moved into a larger facility to better handle the job, and purchased equipment and materials to finish the job. THOUSANDS of dollars were pissed away and bridges burned with suppliers for a job that never actually took place.
We will be more than happy to complete the job whenever Skit-B is ready. Until then, we've been burned just like everyone else on this project.
Thank you.

Quoted from NoahFentz:

If they didn't have the license in order, then they wouldn't be ready.

Quoted from NoahFentz:

Just to be clear, of course money changed hands, it was business.
Ice, being a CPA, you probably know very well how costly it is to move a business (twice, in this case, to share space the second time with his commitment falling short after the fact), staff and train, insure them, pay them, etc. It was dragged out over such a long period of time (2.5 years?). How many times did he announce we're going into production? Each time we ramped up, got ready, and then just shut it down.
In the end, no pile of money, burnt bridges, awkward conversations, and, off course, this thread.
I have not heard from Kevin in months. Not since he lied to me right up until the very end, by telling me they were still being built, just not by him, and I still had the cabinet job.

Quoted from NoahFentz:

Look, I was lied to, just like the hundreds of "preowners" and other vendors. The only mistake here is, we all bought into it. After being strung along for over two years and starting and stopping production multiple times, it became a losing venture for us.
I came into this thing in 2012. By that time, he had a damn good story established, and no one doubted his licensing. I wanted nothing more than for people to get their machines in a VirtuaPin quality cabinet, and I, personally, worked very hard to try to make that happen.
Assume all you want, theorize all you want, we lost big on this ordeal.

Quoted from NoahFentz:

Conveying what one believes to be true is not a lie.

Quoted from NoahFentz:

If you knew anything about, well, anything, you'd know I approached Gary, Roger (who took it to WMS legal), and various other IP holders, and they all support what we do. We're preserving pinball history through software simulation, and have done so for over 15 years now, as a community.
What really should be clarified is your involvement in a very similar site, hosting illegal hacks and recreations of games that are NOT on the okay list, like Metallica, for example, or any SAM system games, for that matter.
You were not only an admin at said site, you still help with development of said site, do you not?
Amazing to me is the gall you have slinging accusations at me, when what we do has been okayed, and you're the one whose ethics are questionable, at best.
You can stop the smear campaign now. Anyone paying attention can see you do nothing but follow my posts, denouncing at every available opportunity. It's clearly a personal vendetta. Nothing more, nothing less.
Thank you.

Quoted from NoahFentz:

And I believed Skit B had the license. We'll all have a turn being mistaken. Such is life.

Quoted from NoahFentz:

And for that, I've apologized. I feel horrible about it.
I hope you can understand that I was duped, like the rest of you. I had five years of really hard work establishing my company jeopardized by his deceit. I'm on the same side as you on this.
I've even offered my assistance to the investigation. That's all I really can do.

Quoted from NoahFentz:

I am more than happy to discuss. After the accusations, name calling, and slanderous statements, I've been quite put off about providing any insight.
When I got involved, it wasn't a scam. At least, I didn't think it was. That was 2012, and I offered to build his cabs, because the one he had looked like SH*T. By that time, he had been to dozens of shows with it, so I assumed he had been vetted by show organizers, etc.
After getting involved, I realized the project would probably never happen, because he just didn't have everything setup to completely build them, so I introduced him to people in the industry that could help him accomplish his goals. To be totally forthcoming, he NEVER would have made them without my involvement, at least in my opinion.
We took a deposit on cabinets. That part's true. It's not even close to the amount I've seen people post here, though. We were contracted to do a job, and Kevin defaulted on our agreement. He did drop a deposit, and that deposit was lost as soon as he defaulted. He did receive a number of cabinets and many, MANY hours of our services in the R&D and prototyping stages, so I'm not sitting on a pile of money, as I've read in some posts here. It wasn't $200K or some ridiculous figure. It was in line with the job.
Once the licensing concerns came up, I drilled him for more info. He would tell stories about how Fox was approving the artwork on the playfield, what needed updating, which sound clips and video could be used, etc. I was 100% convinced he was legit, or I never would have gotten involved in the first place!
After hiring staff and setting up for production the 3 or 4 times he announced they would begin, I was losing my ASS. That's when it all fell apart. He lied to me right up until the end, when he claimed they're still going to be built, just not by him, and we'd still be building the cabinets.
I have fully cooperated with PayPal and other entities in an attempt to get people their money back. I certainly don't deserve to be in the same category as Kevin. I've worked hard for everything I have, and it's done a lot of damage to my reputation, sadly. I'm an honest guy who got involved with the wrong company.
Feel free to call me if you have any questions (248) 252-6871. I have absolutely nothing to hide. The name-calling and false accusations here have left me quite bitter. If I hadn't been wrongly accused of the things I've been accused of here, I would be happy to be more forthcoming with my experience. I'm even willing to testify on the buyers' behalf if there's ever a criminal trial.
I never took a dime from you or any of the "pre-owners". I worked hard to try to ensure everyone would get what they paid for. I definitely feel I deserve better treatment around here, as we have a lot to offer the community.
Kevin is the bad guy here, and I feel I've been persecuted simply because I'm not afraid to be a member of this community, and he's in hiding.
The whole situation sucks.

Quoted from NoahFentz:

By your logic, there's more than a half dozen companies that are no longer legit. Marco, Pinball Life, Spooky, Back Alley, Pinball Refinery, and VirtuaPin, just to name a few, have all sold products and services to Kevin for his Predator project. They're all great companies and great guys who don't deserve the accusations. We were all trying to support boutique pinball, as pinball is our passion. None of us deserve to have our names dragged through the mud.
I really wish things had turned out differently. I was doing the job for next to nothing in the end just to help Kevin meet his BOM on $4750 per unit. There wasn't much there to work with. In the end, it's definitely COSTING me.

Quoted from NoahFentz:

You are mistaken that we were the only company involved with products containing IP. You may want to do your research, especially before slandering anyone further.

Quoted from NoahFentz:

I told you I'd be forthcoming, so I will correct you ...
We DID print and apply the decals. As soon as the licensing issues came to light, we destroyed all printed materials and deleted all art files from our system. It's not something I'm proud of.
We didn't design them, though.

Quoted from NoahFentz:

This post has a bit of a backstory.
It came at a time when we were FINALLY ready to start producing cabinets. Kevin was showing a growing concern for the project, as people were getting restless. I contacted him and asked if he'd like me to post some pics and show people progress. He asked me to hold off until some licensing issues were addressed. Of course, I asked him again about the license, and he declared everything was fine.
After another week or two, I asked him again, and he said something along the lines of, 'Go for it, everything is good with the license.'
So, I did, and I don't think there's a single regret in my six years in business larger than posting that. He threw me right under the bus. I suspect he knew full well what he was doing, but he was hoping to somehow salvage the project. Maybe his hope was to do it under the radar. I don't know. Only Kevin can answer that question for us.
I have to say, unfortunately, I trusted Kevin. We traveled a lot of road together introducing him to people and going to Expo. He shared his dad's story and many personal stories with me. I believed in the guy. I really did.
Needless to say, I'm tired of 'taking the rap' for him here.

Quoted from NoahFentz:

I was unable to reply to this yesterday, but here's my thought ...
If you're a show organizer, and you put images of, in this case, Predator pinball on your programs and USE IT AS A DRAW to your show, you damn well better vet it. I know of at least two shows that paid for freight to get it to their shows and paid Kevin's expenses. Sounds more legit when you think of it like that, doesn't it? That's how I saw it.

Quoted from NoahFentz:

That's a damn good question.
I have tried running the numbers in my head, and I can't imagine he spent it all. I do know of other purchases that made me shake my head, especially when there was at least one guy who worked for Skit-B that quit his job and burned numerous professional bridges to be a part of the project on 'promises'.
I can say the artists who did Predator and EOD were paid in full, and I told Kevin it was a mistake. They should only get paid as machines shipped, but to no avail.

Quoted from NoahFentz:

You forgot a ridiculously over-sized trailer to haul his new motorcycle, four wheelers, other ATVs he bought for himself and the kids, including all new riding suits for the kids. It was posted on his Facebook back when he bought all that shit. Another headshaker, as the aforementioned 'free employee' was telling me he was losing his HOUSE, because he made the choice to quit his profession for Skit-B. He shit himself when I showed him all that stuff Kevin bought.

Quoted from NoahFentz:

I was told $24K, so with closing costs and other fees, that's about right.

Quoted from NoahFentz:

He was a contractor who burned his referral bridge. Ouch!
I believe it was you who said Kevin must be one hell of a story teller? It's true. It's damn true.

Quoted from NoahFentz:

Hi Scott!
The statement was "VirtuaPin used to seem "legit" to me too until I found out you went ahead and took money for a project you didn't know was above board or not."
Nothing to do with endorsements, only that we took money for the project. We certainly weren't the only ones to do that.
I realize it was a mistake, but that is indeed the power of hindsight. I regret it every day. I'm going to be a MUCH tougher sell in the future on projects like these.

Quoted from NoahFentz:

Um ... I think I've been more than forthcoming, and I have also accepted the responsibility for believing Kevin. No 'sloughing' here.
That being said, if you're going to USE A PROJECT AS A DRAW TO YOUR SHOW, you should at least make sure it's legit. No blame at all on show organizers. Trying to express how it only serves to lend credibility to his story.

Quoted from NoahFentz:

Is there any wonder why I don't post?
Kevin picked up the cabs, and that's the last I've seen them.
I didn't take ANYONE's money, guys. Kevin did. Please stop with the FALSE accusations.
Thank you.

Quoted from NoahFentz:

As far as I can see, there is no right answer here. No matter what I say or do, someone is going to twist it, turn it, and embellish it, or call me a liar to make me look like I'VE done something wrong. I didn't.
I took a job, and the contracting company defaulted. Skit B owes you guys money. Go after them. I will absolutely help if this goes to court, and since this isn't the place for a deposition, I'll just apologize, again, for not realizing Kevin was a liar and try to recover from the damage to my reputation this whole situation has done.
I will be there for you guys (pre-owners, not trolls). Just keep me informed, Hilton.
Thank you.

Quoted from NoahFentz:

I've been absolutely honest. I just feel there's a line to be drawn on just what's appropriate/inappropriate on a pinball forum, and asking for a company's specific financials is over the line, in my opinion.
I had a nice chat with Hilton yesterday. Very enlightening. The proper people will know everything in due time.
Thank you.

Quoted from NoahFentz:

I didn't 'disappear' anywhere. I'm currently working on behalf of the 'pre-owners' to get them their money back, and it doesn't require posting to do so.

Quoted from NoahFentz:

One thing I'd like to add ...
The 'fancy new CNC machine' I have here retails, new, for less than 4% of our annual revenue.
I didn't need Kevin to BUY it for me. The job facilitated the need for one. I've read a lot of bullshit figures here. Who pulled $60K out of their rear, anyway?

Quoted from NoahFentz:

Not sure where you got that figure, but it's incorrect.
See why I don't post on this topic? All it does is feed more conspiracy theories.
I'm trying to help, and I'll continue to do so without posting.
Thank you.

#15962 6 years ago

just quoting for posterity as somethings get edited.

#15987 6 years ago

From what we have read, Virtuapin/Noahfentz/Paul deined taking anything more than a deposit for games to be built.

It seems (allegedly) that he received mutlple payments of just under 10k and the total was over 110k. It seems Paul thinks he is the victim and that once Kevin defaulted on his contract (does a contract even exist?) that he gets to keep this "deposit"

Question >> Is there any feasible way that the courts would allow a 110k deposit to be kept after delivery of 10? cabinets on an illeagal production?

I am not sure how this information coming to light is supposed to help Paul in his mind.

Keep in mind that Paul and I spoke at one time and he fed me a whole line about being committed to helping out and getting money back that he was given. I explained to him that the best way to get into the good graces of the community and earn more busienss would be to be up front about what he took in payment, what he delivered, and to simply give back the funds to the lawyer for the difference. Doing so would have made him a hero in the eyes of the community and surely would have brought him tons of sales.

Instead he continually denied taking anything beyond a minimal deposit. Then it comes out he took over 100k (likely 20-30% of the total funds taken in by SkitB) and this was only to deliver 175 cabinets.

I am looking forward to the public court records which eventually show this supposed "CONtract" and what he actually delivered (keeping in mind that he will also have to admit to delivering decaled Predator cabinets which FOX is going to love)

#16019 6 years ago

Someone please ping me where there is some more audio. I had a reminder that today was another day in court (cant rememeber for who) so if someone with pacer can check that would be great!

#16025 6 years ago

this is going to be awesome!!!

I think she is becoming my favorite character in the series. She could almost be a character in Trailer Park Boys.

#16026 6 years ago

bat shit crazy is typically what we call this around here...

#16120 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

There is no money to give back.

Please tell us more about this fact you are claiming.

#16125 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Some here were dancing in the streets whenever the Special Counsel for the Trustee merely submitted Default Judgements. As always, they get signed and entered. When that happened, the party was even bigger.
As we are seeing, two have been set aside. Some significant issues have been raised about procedures not being correct.
The slam-dunks are being reviewed and over-turned.
I am in no way defending the Predator pre-pay fiasco. I am merely restating my opinion that those who paid for machines will be lucky to see even a 10% recovery after the legal team and court costs are paid.

I don't think you understand the goal for many of us. Recovery means little, but there is in fact a decent amount of assets and funds to be recovered. Taking as much as possible so they don't get to keep it is goal number one.

I personally love hearing the angst in the whole clans voice as they waste their time and effort to fight this. Being set aside is even better IMHO as it means this will drag on even longer for them. More court apearances, more items out in the public domain, and more chance that they will not be able to scam people again.

If they end up having the kids put in better care, then that is a plus and side benefit as far as I am concerned. They are not fit parents IMO and if their home is really in the flood plain with water in the basemnet then it can't be a good place to raise kids for their health.

From what I see, the money is long gone for me and whatever i do get back I will be donating to charity or sending and annonymous gift to someone special.

#16237 6 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

I wonder what's inside the red trailer? That is a nice trailer.

I have a picture somewhere of the kids playing games inside of it. Of course it has the kids so I probably should not post it...

#16243 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Instead 'a trailer' - not necessarily THAT trailer. But hey, when inciting riots lets not focus on details...

nope... inside that exact red trailer (unless they have more than 1 of them)

#16264 6 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

I remember the picture. They are on sit down racing games while at the same time crying they are broke. That's about the same time the trailer showed up.

I cant find it readily. If anyone else has it, please post.

#16273 6 years ago

there u go.

Funny part is that was posted by one of Tim Fife's dup accounts if I am remembering correctly. That guy had so many dup accounts it is hard to remember.

#16314 6 years ago

in case anyone wants to donate...

https://www.youcaring.com/amandakulek-860164

#16321 6 years ago

people should feel free to report this fundraiser. Amanda has already admitted under deposition and in court to fraud and hiding funds from state assistance in order to continue and pull in the state assistance.

Given the history of the family and these illegal activities, youcaring may opt to pull the fundraiser if enough people report it as suspicious.

#16327 6 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Um, I know it's not popular but I think having your* house and possessions destroyed in a flood is a legit woe-is-me moment.
They might be criminals. But even so, the blood thirst in this thread getting a bit much for me :/.
*Last week's discharge of house from proceedings makes it theirs I guess.

sorry but when you bought the house with stolen funds... you dont get any woe-is-me moments.

I mean come on... there is a direct chain of SkitB funds to Amanda's bank account to title company (and last minute removal of Kevin's name from house). Predator buyers paid for that house, their dumb asses bought a house in a flood plain that gets inundated with water 1x or more each year, and now they want to fund raise for their bad decisions on where they spent the stolen money...

#16329 6 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

And that's it in a nut shell whysnow "stolen money" I'd find it hard to feel pity also. The only one's I feel sorry for in this whole mess apart from the many people defrauded are the kids. They have to put up with their parents planed mistakes.

I agree. I personally would like to see DFCS step in and get these kids out of the home while they still can be reparied and into a family that can help them see they dont have to take advantage of the state aid and steal from others while still living in squallor.

They are obviously unfit parents and the kids dont deserve to put through more of their parents bad decisions. Can you imagine being home schooled by these dolts and living in a constantly flooded house with mold infestations.

#16339 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Looks like the comment was very quickly deleted.

you could always donate $1 and leave a comment that does not get deleted

#16365 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Has anyone reported the fund raiser to youcaring?

I hope people are. Regardless of their current issue, this is still a scamming family looking for a handout and the fundraiser should be shut down. They have admitted to fraud under oath and from what I see youcaring does not like to support in this case.

#16374 6 years ago

appears the goal was now switched form $5000 to only $250. Seems they realized this avenue was not going to net them 5k since people started posting about their precious scamming ways and they decided to edit the goal so they could walk with the $285 already raised.

#16394 6 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Do you real believe there is still cash hidden some place?

Yes, there is.

Despite what some want you to think, there is for sure both recoverable assets and actual money left to possibly be recovered.

Granted I think the Paul Malitich payments are the most readily recoverable. I mean the guy still has some amount of assests and is a business. We know he took over 100k in multiple payments and only delivered 10 cabinets. Guessing that will be the largest single amount of recovery and collection.

Either way, I am personally relishing that this family has a flooded house, flooded trailer, and were too damn stupid to even move some of these assets when the storms started coming. The thought of them having a trashed house that she will still be on the hook for is even better.

I think I will start doing another rain dance later this week

#16545 6 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Thanks, your link confirmed, there was warning to get out. Now that you pointed out my laziness below is the hydrograph. The river peaked Saturday after the Thursday storm. The hydrograph is incomplete because I can't figure out how to get historical ones from NOAA, but the predictions are usually very close to what actually gets read from the gauges. That's because floods are very predictable when the rain is gauged, unlike tornados or earthquakes that are sudden events. The one thing I don't know is the elevation of their basement ceiling.

100% spot on. The fact that these morons needed to be recued by air boat makes me think this was all part of the plan to try and garner sympathy. Kids should be taken away from these inept parents that risked their lives for the fun and story of it all. This was not a flash flood event it was a normal periodic high water pulse which followed a normal, known, and predictable course based on the amout of rain and ground saturation. It took over 12 hours to even go from "uhoh, we got a lot of rain" to "look, the river is rising and we should get to higher ground (i got an idea, lets hook up that trailer we bought with stolen funds and go down the road 1 mile just tombe safe)". Most of this ocured during daylight hours and after the heavy rain had passed"

These people hoped it was their next scam.

I ask and encourage all people that had money stolen to reach out directly to the news station and reporter in particular to make sure she knows the real story here. THis could be a great opportunity to make sure this family is well known in th eregion and could stop them from fleecing countless others.

#16546 6 years ago

[email protected]

Contact brianna if you were scammed by the Kulek family. Sounds like if enough people reach out to help then there will likely be a follow up piece done. There were 17 with civil cases. There were hundreds that had funds stolen.

A simple email on this holiday morning could do a ton of good. Think how important it is to ensure these scam artists are exposed in their own community!

#16596 6 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I am going to say that I firmly believe that there is no malice here on this flooding issue. There is no way the Kulek's are making a scam out of the flood here, they really did lose everything

Just want to say that once the wife goes on camera and asks to have a good Samaritan help take care of them, then I have issue and feel the need to help to warn the local community. This is not about the pound of flesh for me, this is about helping to protect others when there is clear and admitted ongoing intent to defraud from a known entity that has done so already. It happens all the time when people undergo a hardship and then take advantage of handouts beyond just repairing and getting back to square one for the misfortune mother nature gave to them.

Toss on top that at minimum this family took in 300k with the Predator and still has zero accountability, then sorry but I have no problems and support anyone that was taken by them to put forth the effort to appropriately and legally warn others.

I told Kevin way back in the day that if he had just said truthfully where the money went and to refund pennies on the dollar that the community would be hurt but would eventually forgive and forget. I am 100% that if he had done the correct thing years ago that I would be championing the opposite side and rallying to get the family back on their feet. In this case they are getting what they sow.

#16610 6 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

A poor family lost their home and possessions.
A bunch of gamblers lost out on a unnecessary toy.
The lack of perspective highlights how petty and vindictive adult children who've had their toys taken from them, can be.

That is a bUNCH of BS! We were not gambling. Your response makes it sound like people were buying in to try and make a buck. I know you were not around back then, but people were supporting the idea of new pinball, loved the theme, and wanted to buy a game to support what we thought was a fellow hobbyist with a dream.

Seriously, go back and do some research and come back with some tact to your fellow collectors.

If you had any clue, you would realize quite a few had money stolen from them they probably could not afford to lose. They were supporting, not gambling.

#16709 6 years ago
Quoted from c508:

I'm honestly amazed whysnow isn't all over the reporter's request.
Seems like it's his chance to shine.

Was on vacation yesterday. SPoke with the reporter while in the middle of golfing for about 5 min. Sounded like they wanted to skype immediately which I was not able to assist with. I guess they were looking to run a piece at 8p last night. I offered to sync up on wed when done with holiday, but she said she would be working it out yesterday. CHecking in now, it sounds like nobody else spoke with her?

#16710 6 years ago

She was looking for a local also which I tried to offer up names but did not have contact info for anyone in that area that was also duped by the kulek gang.

#16720 6 years ago

If you look back through the thread whysnow was the biggest cheerleader.
Maybe he was an accomplice?
Maybe he has the missing $500,000!?
This is all just crazy speculation of course, just like the idea that anyone is going to get any financial compensation out of an unemployed man with 5 children,a flooded home and zero assets.
Dream on though. That's certainly what you were doing when you sent in 5 grand to a man in a barn for a game with awful art, a simple layout and lousy play.
The best thing a reporter could do is write "If you do not want to lose money DO NOT PREORDER PINBALL" somewhere in bold near the top.

I know you live local. If you ever want to reveal whom you are in real life rather than hiding behind an internet avatar, I would love to meet up and play some pinball. I am guessing you would not make up such outlandish claims if you came out from hiding and actually interacted IRL.

With your avatar initials and recent increased trolling, it is sad to see that this is what you have become online when you used to be a worthwhile contributor.

#16725 6 years ago

Well I guess you keep good company with your schtick

#16728 6 years ago

Look, all whysnow and I are saying is that there has to be some personal responsibility assumed for taking a chance on pre-ordering a game from a guy with no commercial experience producing a large run of a major licensed title.

quoting out of context/changing quotes is against TOS.

While I fully agree that we all need to take accountability for our own actions, your quoting from 2017 vs 2012 in pinball world lacks appropriate context. We have all colelctively learned quite a bit post SkitB days.

It is apparant that you are just trolling now. I will say that since you are a local it is really sad that you stay hidden behind an avatar rather than just coming out to play and be part of the regional pinball community. You would likely find that most people are actually fun to hang out with and your trolling is misguided.

1 week later
#16781 6 years ago

I think Paul has 2 paths in front of him.

1. Lie, Lie, Lie which will end up in being caught in those lies having to pay back the funds and the eventual demise of his business

2. Stop the BS, own up to the fact that he took over 100k of Predator funds, delivered only a fraction of those, and negotiate a payment plan to get the money back to the trustee.

In both cases he will pay for his involvement, but with door #2 he saves face and pays back less, plus the community will support and help grow his business.

#16785 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I tend to think his business is already shot in the eyes of most hobbyists.

if he continues down this path then I will be sure to do everything I can to legally put out the facts for as wide an audience as possible for them to judge, before they spend money with his business.

While Pinside is only a small part of the pinball community, there are easy ways to get out the word legally to a broader audience.

587 posts in this topic match your search for posts by whysnow. You are on page 2 of 3.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-skit-b-predator-discussion/page/2?tu=whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.