Topic Stats

• 18,269 posts
  • 815 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 69 days ago by Cobra99
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,540 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
194b3475e0440b8112afc0ac4ad5bf0ed0e8ec3db63fb4b6748a4f2e06a9865b (resized).jpg
31A053C2-4495-4E3E-980F-E5ADEA02F1DE (resized).jpeg
IMG_2933 (resized).JPG
beetlejuice-shrunken head (resized).jpg
2716720260_bc8966f6b1 (resized).jpg
D460F55E-AD42-43C6-91EB-B8162A84A094.gif
Screenshot_20190103-214734_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20181108-174321 (resized).png
Fife Appeal Sept 24 2018.pdf (PDF preview)
cat ooo 2.gif
7332539.attach (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

86 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 18269 posts in this topic. You are on page 292 of 366.
#14551 2 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

Keith Nathansen - Thug Life

thuglife (resized).png

#14552 2 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

I am loving the grammar police! So funny, but something I really need to work on. I write in fragments all the time and can never seem to correct myself. I think I had music lessons and special practice sessions scheduled during English class quite often.
Been working on this damn hot water heater all day!

Maybe call it a "hot water tank" and you'll be OK. Or a "tankless water heater" when installing/repairing one of those.

#14554 2 years ago

Grammar Nazi (resized).jpg

#14555 2 years ago

It's like a tow company that does illegal parking tows as part of their business - you can't take low ratings seriously because there's always some bozo with a grudge who's going to try to use the reviews against them.

#14556 2 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Check out what the Kuleks left on the Nathan Law Google reviews page

Wow, low blow if that is in fact tied to Kevin somehow. Curious how long before google averages new reviews with the existing ones.

#14557 2 years ago

I have a fake review on Yelp for my shop from someone I have never done work for. It was a walk in solicitor that tried to get me to sign up for B.S. yellow pages and online listings. She forged my signature on a contract and sent it in. I caught her red handed and called her corporate offices. Imagine to my surprise the next day I had a one star review from some guy named "Max". This Max also left a one star review for another business which I decided to call and we were both solicited by this same woman. Gee, put 2 + 2 together. Yelp refuses to remove it unless I sign up for their crap. No way...forget it!

#14558 2 years ago

What makes you claim this has anything to do with Kuleks?

And as an aside... the reviewer didn't claim to be a client, they claimed to try to be contacting the office because of action AGAINST them from supposedly one of Keith's clients.. not that they are a client.

And lets be real... there have been PLENTY of 'I haven't heard from...' or 'Im trying to get a hold of..' type posts here in this thread's history with regard to the lawyer. I'm not saying the person was always in the right.. but its certainly a theme..

#14559 2 years ago

Wrote a review (a real one). Can't have Keith's good name soiled as long as i breathe.

#14560 2 years ago

Looks like a job for the grammar police!

#14561 2 years ago
Quoted from mhkohne:

It's like a tow company that does illegal parking tows as part of their business - you can't take low ratings seriously because there's always some bozo with a grudge who's going to try to use the reviews against them.

So how is the towing business?

#14562 2 years ago
Quoted from mhkohne:

It's like a tow company that does illegal parking tows as part of their business

If you illegally towed my car I would be pissed!!

#14563 2 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

If you illegally towed my car I would be pissed!!

I read it that way the first time too lol! I think he means towing cars that are parked illegally.... although from the car owners perspective...

I will say that one time I had a car towed (ex was doing something stupid). The tow yard stole several items from the car which pissed me the hell off. They just laughed it off. Well I just filed a police report and considering that PD had an inventory of the items when it was taken into custody they were not laughing long.

Further the officer told me it wasn't the first report they had from that tow company and I'm thinking they got blacklisted after that. About six months later their shop was all boarded up. Did not feel sorry for them in the slightest.

#14564 2 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

I think he means towing cars that are parked illegally.... although from the car owners perspective...
I will say that one time I had a car towed (ex was doing something stupid). The tow yard stole several items from the car which pissed me the hell off.

I was just picking

I have had stuff stolen by a tow lot too. If I was to get another tow I would empty the car and take everything with me after that.

#14565 2 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Check out what the Kuleks left on the Nathanson Law Google business page.

Just wondering. If Kulek DID put that negative stuff about not being able to reach Keith, is it a ploy? Is it going to be another excuse to continue to stall the process of adjudication?

Does he have it in the back of his mind that he is going to be a no-show on . . . what . . . March 17th at Keith's office? And then, when in front of the judge he says he tried to contact Keith "But, your honor, look at what I saw on his business page. He doesn't answer the phone or responds to messages, so I wasn't able to go there for the meeting. I was never able to reach him to confirm."

Is this going to be the excuse to continue buying time? If it is not this, then why would he take the time to post such a commentary . . .

I'm just thinking out loud here, posing these questions to myself.

#14566 2 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

Just wondering. If Kulek DID put that negative stuff about not being able to reach Keith, is it a ploy?
I'm just thinking out loud here, posing these questions to myself.

The review appears to be from someone else about an unrelated matter.

Other than that your thought process seems plausible but unlikely to succeed.

#14567 2 years ago

I highly doubt Kevin was thinking this far ahead.

Review (resized).JPG

#14568 2 years ago
Quoted from Mhulsebu:

I highly doubt Kevin was thinking this far ahead.

I find online reviews to be bullsh*t in most instances.

However, I do enjoy going to a restaurant and having a jackass next to me use his phone to take pictures of his chicken parmigiana. I'm tempted to tell the guy/girl that no one cares what they think, just eat your god damn meal.

#14569 2 years ago
Quoted from KeithinMI:

**Does anyone know someone, or can they get me a warm introduction to Gary Stern or a telephone call with him, please?** (or if he has an assistant who has direct access to him (his "ear"), that would work too.
I need to discuss some business with him. Please respond to me privately if you can, or know someone who can. I'd appreciate it.
Also a telephone call/warm introduction to Jack G. (Jersey Jack) would be great also.

Now this is getting interesting, wonder where this is going?

#14570 2 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

Now this is getting interesting, wonder where this is going?

I don't want to know before we have been subjected to several pages of meaningless speculation!

#14571 2 years ago
Quoted from Mhulsebu:

highly doubt Kevin was thinking this far ahead.

Good point. I didn't realize it was that long ago when he posted that.

My bad! Had a good laugh at my own ignorance . . .

#14572 2 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

I don't want to know before we have been subjected to several pages of meaningless speculation!

not much to speculate in this case.

Sounds like trustee likely clawed back some assets (the license agreement for EoD) and is trying to see if it is of interest to other pinball manufacturers. Could be a fun theme and and manufacturer that opts to take it on would definately get some fan fare from the community with the knowledge that anyone buying the game has helped to make others whole in a secondary sort of way.

Heck, maybe a manufacturer could even price in for the additional amount to pay out to the trust. Could be a very smart marketing tactic?

#14573 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Sounds like trustee likely clawed back some assets (the license agreement for EoD) and is trying to see if it is of interest to other pinball manufacturers.

I doubt it would be. The real money would be on myth busters; but that's not what they licensed. Discovery moved away from Jamie and Adam so I doubt any manufacturer would want that license.

Having said that, it just sunk in that Kevin kulek conned Adam Savage which is pretty remarkable as he is a very smart dude.

#14574 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Sounds like trustee likely clawed back some assets (the license agreement for EoD) and is trying to see if it is of interest to other pinball manufacturers.

Unfortunately most agreements of that nature are not transferrable and at this point kevin/skit-b would most certainly be in breach. If either JJP or Stern wanted to do that theme, they would just go direct to those guys and cut a deal. Not like the artwork that was done was getting great reviews. While I could be wrong, I just don't think there are any real assets there of much value tied to EoD. On the flip side, if Kevin was trying to sell off the rights, and since he was likely not allowed to do so, that could be his next bit of trouble.

#14575 2 years ago

I kind of think the window of opportunity for interest in a EoD machine may have passed. Mythbusters ended March 2016. Adam Savage is active in the maker community, but Jamie Hyneman has disappeared offline into other projects.

#14576 2 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

Having said that, it just sunk in that Kevin kulek conned Adam Savage which is pretty remarkable as he is a very smart dude.

I'm not sure Adam got conned...I'm sure he got paid for the rights.

From memory - For a long time, Ender's Game was considered to be unfilmable by many but the rights kept getting purchased, expiring, and purchased by the another studio...when the author was asked if it bothered him that the movie still hadn't been made (25 years later), he said he was very happy with the process as every couple years he would get another big check as someone new bought the rights; and he basically had to do nothing.

#14577 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I kind of think the window of opportunity for interest in a EoD machine may have passed.

I honestly don't think there was ever much of one.

#14578 2 years ago
Quoted from Mhulsebu:

From memory - For a long time, Ender's Game was considered to be unfilmable by many but the rights kept getting purchased, expiring, and purchased by the another studio...when the author was asked if it bothered him that the movie still hadn't been made (25 years later), he said he was very happy with the process as every couple years he would get another big check as someone new bought the rights; and he basically had to do nothing.

The Ender's series of books were great. The movie was ok, but disappointing. But then again, isn't that true about a lot of books and the subsequent movies?

On a different, but similar note -- If you haven't watched The Expanse on SyFy, I suggest you watch it from the beginning (Season 2 just started recently). Season 1 is fantastic, I'm not particularly loving season 2 and it may have jumped the shark. However the books by James S.A. Corey are great and if you read them, read the short stories that go with it to fill in some of the back-story (such as the Epstein drive).

#14579 2 years ago
Quoted from KeithinMI:

The Ender's series of books were great. The movie was ok, but disappointing. But then again, isn't that true about a lot of books and the subsequent movies?
On a different, but similar note -- If you haven't watched The Expanse on SyFy, I suggest you watch it from the beginning (Season 2 just started recently). Season 1 is fantastic, I'm not particularly loving season 2 and it may have jumped the shark. However the books by James S.A. Corey are great and if you read them, read the short stories that go with it to fill in some of the back-story (such as the Epstein drive).

Let's stay on topic. How does it compare with The 100?

#14580 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I honestly don't think there was ever much of one.

I tend to agree. I think there might have been space for a Mythbusters licensed pin, but EoD didn't sound like much to me.

And I'll be that whatever deal happened with Savage, etc, that there was money up front, and proper paperwork. I suspect he's smart enough (and has a good enough agent) that he isn't getting screwed on this. Though I will say that I find it interesting that Kevin got to make a deal at all - I assume Kevin played off the supposed Predator license to worm his way into their notice. I'm a little surprised they didn't figure out that was BS.

#14581 2 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Let's stay on topic. How does it compare with The 100?

The expanse is more of an adult show, in an established future universe, and a larger scope with government/faction politics.

I stopped watching the 100 after the first season ended, but from what I remember, it was basically about colonization of the planet, featuring young adults/teens.

#14582 2 years ago

When it wasn't "Mythbusters" and instead "Experts of Dangerous" it was clearly a project with Jamie and Adam and not the Mythbusters brand. To me, it was the writing on the wall for the eventual departure from the show.

When it was clear that Predator was not going to be out before we wanted to take EoD to Texas Pinball, we had to abort.

There will be zero market interest from the other pinball companies in the EoD "brand." Interest in EoD was lukewarm at best. We chose not to pick up the pieces as a result of that impression.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

IMG_0207 (resized).jpg
IMG_8362 (resized).jpg
IMG_8958 (resized).jpg
IMG_8929 (resized).jpg
IMG_9329 (resized).jpg
IMG_9326 (resized).jpg

#14583 2 years ago

That was the way they were going to clean up Predator's horrible layout, go 180 degrees.

#14584 2 years ago

Edit: Nevermind, off-topic.

#14585 2 years ago

Can a license agreement even be transferred?

Aaron's right, nobody will pick this up. Indeed it's Keith's job to reclaim as much as possible for his clients, but shopping this around is a waste of time.

#14586 2 years ago
Quoted from KeithinMI:

And now for something completely different:
**Does anyone know someone, or can they get me a warm introduction to Gary Stern or a telephone call with him, please?** (or if he has an assistant who has direct access to him (his "ear"), that would work too.
I need to discuss some business with him. Please respond to me privately if you can, or know someone who can. I'd appreciate it.
Also a telephone call/warm introduction to Jack G. (Jersey Jack) would be great also.

How about an introduction to Steve Young & Bob Fesjian? There's always a chance Gottlieb Development LLC may want to get back in the pin manufacturing biz.

If not, there's always Mr. Personality of Planetary Pinball who is always on the lookout for opportunities....

#14587 2 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

When it wasn't "Mythbusters" and instead "Experts of Dangerous" it was clearly a project with Jamie and Adam and not the Mythbusters brand. To me, it was the writing on the wall for the eventual departure from the show.
When it was clear that Predator was not going to be out before we wanted to take EoD to Texas Pinball, we had to abort.
There will be zero market interest from the other pinball companies in the EoD "brand." Interest in EoD was lukewarm at best. We chose not to pick up the pieces as a result of that impression.
Aaron
FAST Pinball

That is just the worst pinball art ever. Looking at those pics makes me want to hurt myself.

#14589 2 years ago

Whoa baby. I thought GOT was bad....

#14590 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

How about an introduction to Steve Young & Bob Fesjian? There's always a chance Gottlieb Development LLC may want to get back in the pin manufacturing biz.
If not, there's always Mr. Personality of Planetary Pinball who is always on the lookout for opportunities....

lol no offence but that was one of the worst themes ever, if Gottlieb were still in business than they would probably take it and run with it or not and do a ripoff version like Genesis or deadly weapon or....

#14591 2 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

That is just the worst pinball art ever. Looking at those pics makes me want to hurt myself.

Yeah. In my opinion, it was at best a "mockup." But suddenly its printed on a full cabinet and a real-ish playfield. Issues with light direction, perspective, weight and Jamie and Adam became left handed?

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#14592 2 years ago

How did it shoot?

#14593 2 years ago

Just a guess' but maybe he is looking for information. He can't get any info or paper work from Kevin about what the EoD licensing was worth or what was paid out so he's asking other manufactures for a reasonable dollar amount to be paid?

#14594 2 years ago

We'll probably never know but it would be interesting to find out how much Predator money funded EoD. We're looking at a reasonably complete game there, which apparently was ready to debut at a show.

I agree that it was a dead end license that would never sell. Even if Predator didn't fall apart, EoD would have been money thrown away and the business likely fatally wounded, probably before all Predators were built.

#14595 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Even if Predator didn't fall apart, EoD would have been money thrown away and the business likely fatally wounded, probably before all Predators were built.

Business? What business?

#14596 2 years ago

EoD probably cost between 20k-50k upfront against a % of each sale down the road.

What a license *costs* has no bearing on its *worth* of course. I'd bet KISS cost more than Metallica, but which was a better deal for Stern?

#14597 2 years ago

The EoD license is just more money pissed away by Kevin. Nothing recoverable.

#14598 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

What a license *costs* has no bearing on its *worth* of course.

So very true... I can't see a any manufacturer or new start up even remotely thinking of picking up that license. Which means to me it's actual value is worth nothing.

#14599 2 years ago

I wonder how much they had invested in making the ramps for the eod game?

#14600 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

The expanse is more of an adult show, in an established future universe, and a larger scope with government/faction politics.
I stopped watching the 100 after the first season ended, but from what I remember, it was basically about colonization of the planet, featuring young adults/teens.

The Expanse is definitely a very 'character-driven' drama too and remarkably, they get most of the physics right too.

Except of course for the 20+G spin-around by the Rossi

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 399.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 239.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
There are 18269 posts in this topic. You are on page 292 of 366.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside