Clevon (resized).jpg
0C707122-51D1-4488-8B69-8C91DA48018D.jpeg
72329539_10219705910182373_6362298985876553728_n (resized).jpg
pirateplayersclub (resized).jpg
case against keith.pdf (PDF preview)
_2_16-21030.pdf (PDF preview)
Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

87 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,488 posts in this topic. You are on page 290 of 370.
#14451 7 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I don't know, but I now put Kevin showing up to his court ordered meeting on the 17th at 5 to 1 AGAINST!

I'd buy that for a dollar. I'm thinking he shows up but is very uncooperative.

#14452 7 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

once a default judgement has been entered like this, is there any way out of it? Is there a way to appeal? Or is it a done deal no matter what and the RV, CNC, and printer are now the property of the trustee?

It's not good to take a default judgment. But if one of them came in soon (i.e. didn't wait so long that it seriously holds up the rest of the proceedings) with hat in hand and an excuse of some kind for failing to respond, there's a decent chance the judge would let them file something. Of course then they'd have to provide evidence for their version of events.

#14453 7 years ago

From Google

"Because the defendant is not present to contradict anything you say, the judge usually will rule in your favor as long as you state the bare bones of a valid legal claim. The defendant has no right to appeal this judgment in most states, unless the judge decides to reopen the case by vacating the default judgment."

#14454 7 years ago
Quoted from playboywillis:

I'd buy that for a dollar. I'm thinking he shows up but is very uncooperative.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#14455 7 years ago

Yeah, it usually looks pretty bad when your payments received never exceed $10k per and add up to a large amount...

#14456 7 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

Question for you lawyerly types, once a default judgement has been entered like this, is there any way out of it? Is there a way to appeal? Or is it a done deal no matter what and the RV, CNC, and printer are now the property of the trustee? I'm guessing when you don't bother to respond that you severely limit your options.

Under some circumstances it can be appealed...mostly on service or jurisdiction grounds.

#14457 7 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

A default judgement has been entered in the associated case against Paul Maletich/Virtuapin.

#14458 7 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I don't know, but I now put Kevin showing up to his court ordered meeting on the 17th at 5 to 1 AGAINST!

I will take that bet. I got $5 that say he shows on the 17th. Loser donates in the winner's name to pinside?

#14459 7 years ago

Since some folks are reading this thread, can someone give me a quick summary on how this bankruptcy case with the trustee relates to the class action suit? I briefly thought it was the same thing until I heard the recordings. Did Keith just volunteer for this case since it involves KK?

#14460 7 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

I will take that bet. I got $5 that say he shows on the 17th. Loser donates in the winner's name to pinside?

only if you tell us where his routed games are!

#14461 7 years ago

Let 'em swing...

#14462 7 years ago

Since some folks are reading this thread, can someone give me a quick summary on how this bankruptcy case with the trustee relates to the class action suit? I briefly thought it was the same thing until I heard the recordings. Did Keith just volunteer for this case since it involves KK?

Yes/No..

The civil lawsuit is automatically on hold due to the bankruptcy filing by Kevin. Keith worked to be 'hired' by the Trustee working Kevin's case to work on behalf of the Trustee on matters in this case. So in very simple terms.. Keith is working 'for' the Trustee as a lawyer on the team working through Kevin's bankruptcy case.

The Trustee's expenses (including Keith's he'd bill back) ultimately try to get covered from the assets liquidated from the debtor's estate.

#14463 7 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

only if you tell us where his routed games are!

See you at the auction???

#14464 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Yes/No..
The Trustee's expenses (including Keith's he'd bill back) ultimately try to get covered from the assets liquidated from the debtor's estate.

Alright, this is what sparked the initial question. They keep asking him to surrender assets. In the last recording, the asset was specifically the known Experts of Dangerous IP. Am I to understand that these entities will take a good chunk of money before the people in the class action lawsuit get a piece?

#14466 7 years ago

Alright, this is what sparked the initial question. They keep asking him to surrender assets. In the last recording, the asset was specifically the known Experts of Dangerous IP. Am I to understand that these entities will take a good chunk of money before the people in the class action lawsuit get a piece?

Don't look at it that way.

Kevin went into bankruptcy claiming he had nothing.. and his debts should be wiped out.
The ask to wipe out his debt has been denied.
Now the trustee is working to ensure everything Kevin 'really' has or should have.. is being identified and pulled together. So this is working to defeat Kevin's claims of being broke. It's actually clawing back all the money Kevin SHOULD have had.. and getting court judgements to get others to return their portion of that.

All of this builds a pot of assets into an estate that can be used to repay Kevin's creditors. The trustee of course will be paid from that pot as well. All of this is work that would have to be done anyway in any civil suit and in trying to get anything out of any judgement against Kevin.. because remember.. 'he's broke'.

With the bankruptcy process flushing out everything Kevin really does have, and moves it all back into Kevin's estate.. creditors can get paid, and the real financial state of Kevin is established.

Afterwards... if you return to the state when Kevin emerges from the bankruptcy process.. the civil case if desired could proceed.

I don't know Keith's plan... but I would expect he'd try to work the predator buyers in as creditors in the bankruptcy... instead of waiting to further pursue the civil suit. Because getting a judgement against Kevin is only step 1... collecting would be a whole other story. Bankruptcy liquidation kind of makes that easier for you since the trustee is already managing the estate... instead of Kevin.

#14467 7 years ago

I did notice that although it is a separate case, it is doing a lot of the work that would have had to have been done for the class action.

Thanks a lot for the response.

#14468 7 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Wow....talk about a walk down memory lane.

Yeah, he didn't pass the sniff test for a lot of back then and now it seems we were justified.

It may be a default judgement but his absence speaks volumes. It appears he must have felt his version of the facts less flattering than whatever the opposing council may have known.

#14469 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I find it hard to believe he didn't respond to a legal matter and would risk a default judgement like this.
From Kathy Kulek, sure, that's not surprising. But from virtualpin? Something seems odd here.

The reason trustees tend to cast a rather wide net with avoidance actions for preferential or fraudulent transfers is because many recipients never respond to the summons.

Another nice job, Keith!

#14471 7 years ago

I am little surprised at all these default judgments, does no one want to fight that they thought they were accepting money for what they though was a legitimate reason?

#14472 7 years ago

I guess some may have thought that ignoring would just make the problem go away. Keith is determined to make sure this doesn't go away

#14473 7 years ago

Keith is good for sure, I would hire him if need be. Do we get a 10% pinball discount or can pay you with games?

#14474 7 years ago

This cracked me up! Although judgement is a perfectly acceptable variant.

#14475 7 years ago
Quoted from osudrummer:

So are words like guesstimate but I'm still gonna judge someone who uses it!

#14476 7 years ago

Irregardless, it's a mute point anyway.

#14477 7 years ago

judgement

#14478 7 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

not a word, sorry, had to, but only for irregardless. lol

#14479 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

I am little surprised at all these default judgments, does no one want to fight that they thought they were accepting money for what they though was a legitimate reason?

It's almost like everyone is asking Kevin for legal advice.

#14480 7 years ago
Quoted from osudrummer:

Try spelling "judgement" in a legal pleading and be prepared to be mocked.

#14481 7 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

#14482 7 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

not a word, sorry, had to, but only for irregardless

Nope. Not a word. Poor ole "irregardless" gets used a lot. All one needs is 'regardless'. That will do the trick.

That was one of the classic no-no words or phrases from my journalism class. Also, no such thing as a "hot water heater". Just a water heater. "Sugar diabetes" . .. wrong . . .just diabetes. "True facts" . . . nope . . . just FACTS. If they were not a fact they would be false, so the 'true' is not necessary. "And, also" One or the other, not both.

Not jumping on the poster, just sayin'. Irregardless, I DO have sugar diabetes and my hot water heater is ready to go on the blink. Just stating the true facts.

Mike in Kentucky

#14483 7 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

his absence speaks volumes.

He's not absent, he still logs in to check what's going on (his last logon was yesterday) and his last post was from 15 days ago. He hasn't posted anything related to Predator in about 6 months as far as I can see.

From a year ago:

Quoted from NoahFentz:

And for that, I've apologized. I feel horrible about it.
I hope you can understand that I was duped, like the rest of you. I had five years of really hard work establishing my company jeopardized by his deceit. I'm on the same side as you on this.
I've even offered my assistance to the investigation. That's all I really can do.

From 5 months ago:

Quoted from NoahFentz:

I didn't 'disappear' anywhere. I'm currently working on behalf of the 'pre-owners' to get them their money back, and it doesn't require posting to do so.

So if you're reading this Noah, what exactly have you done in the time between you posted that and now that has helped get people their money back?

#14484 7 years ago
Quoted from Sonny_Jim:

He's not absent, he still logs in to check what's going on (his last logon was yesterday) and his last post was from 15 days ago. He hasn't posted anything related to Predator in about 6 months as far as I can see.
From a year ago:

From 5 months ago:

So if you're reading this Noah, what exactly have you done in the time between you posted that and now that has helped get people their money back?

I meant absence from his court date. This outcome isn't a surprise for many; myself included.

#14486 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Try spelling "judgement" in a legal pleading and be prepared to be mocked.

It's the English language and in England it's spelled judgement

Stop bastardising our language

#14487 7 years ago
Quoted from j69:

It's the English language and in England it's spelled judgement
Stop bastardising our language

Wrong.

Screenshot_2017-03-10-21-39-39-28 (resized).pngScreenshot_2017-03-10-21-39-39-28 (resized).png

#14488 7 years ago

"Though judgement has risen and fallen in popularity in British English, judgment remains the preferred spelling in British legal proceedings and appears more frequently in written work. Today, judgement is an accepted spelling in British English, but if you stick to judgment, you won't be judged in the UK or the US".
That's Google for ya.

#14489 7 years ago
Quoted from Sonny_Jim:

Well he just took a default judgment and will be contributing a CNC machine and large format printer to the pot, so there's that!

#14490 7 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

if you're going to get particular, it's "regardless" and "moot", not "mute".
mute definitionmute definition

moot definitionmoot definition

I'd love to see the court filled with a bunch of mutes. it would be all sign language and very little "one more outburst from you sir, and you'll be held in contempt!"

#14491 7 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

not a word, sorry, had to, but only for irregardless. lol

Quoted from Pintucky:

Nope. Not a word. Poor ole "irregardless" gets used a lot. All one needs is 'regardless'. That will do the trick.
That was one of the classic no-no words or phrases from my journalism class. Also, no such thing as a "hot water heater". Just a water heater. "Sugar diabetes" . .. wrong . . .just diabetes. "True facts" . . . nope . . . just FACTS. If they were not a fact they would be false, so the 'true' is not necessary. "And, also" One or the other, not both.
Not jumping on the poster, just sayin'. Irregardless, I DO have sugar diabetes and my hot water heater is ready to go on the blink. Just stating the true facts.
Mike in Kentucky

Quoted from j_m_:

Ermagerd you guys. It was a joke. Can you seriously not see that Mudflaps' post was a joke??

#14492 7 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I'd love to see the court filled with a bunch of mutes. it would be all sign language and very little "one more outburst from you sir, and you'll be held in contempt!"

Wow....that won flue over you're head

#14493 7 years ago

Keith Nathansen - Thug Life, a Dinner Sponsored by pinheads owed a big pile of money from a deadbeat. Held at the next show where he can make it. Keith eats free. He regales us with tales of other deadbeats he has pursued and brought to heel. Then we play pinball.

Let's do this.

#14494 7 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

Mike in Kentucky

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

#14495 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

It's almost like everyone is asking Kevin for legal advice.

and spelling, apparently.

#14496 7 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

What if the court were filled with a bunch of yutes? Or maybe just two yutes...

#14497 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Ermagerd you guys. It was a joke. Can you seriously not see that Mudflaps' post was a joke??

#14498 7 years ago
Quoted from investingdad:

What if the court were filled with a bunch of yutes? Or maybe just two yutes...

2017-03-10-07-50-30--1427482863 (resized).jpg2017-03-10-07-50-30--1427482863 (resized).jpg

#14499 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

cop out

#14500 7 years ago

Damn came here to get more hot goss, but instead just a bunch of people bickering about a joke. Damn!

There are 18,488 posts in this topic. You are on page 290 of 370.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-skit-b-predator-discussion/page/290 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.