Clevon (resized).jpg
0C707122-51D1-4488-8B69-8C91DA48018D.jpeg
72329539_10219705910182373_6362298985876553728_n (resized).jpg
pirateplayersclub (resized).jpg
case against keith.pdf (PDF preview)
_2_16-21030.pdf (PDF preview)
Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

87 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,488 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 370.
#1351 9 years ago

I've been trying to stay positive but these emails worry me big time. Its not even about losing money or having to wait but the possibility of not getting a Predator themed pinball, I love the look of it and the gameplay so its just very disheartening that after all this time and waiting it might not happen.

#1352 9 years ago

all of this would have been avoided with COMMUNICATIONS from Skit-B. it's that simple!

no guessing.
no drama.
no accusations.

#1353 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Since I did a summary last time, I'll summarize again:
"I'm sorry yesterday's email was confusing. I wasn't trying to tell you the project is dead. I'm simply trying to leave you confused still, by making my followup email just as strangely vague as the first one you got that I'm apologizing for."
Seriously, I don't understand what the hell Kevin is doing. Either just shut up or say something, but being vague is the worst possible option, because it just keeps people stirred up and worrying without actually reassuring them.

drugs / alcohol / legal / mental / introvert / fear / other ?

that just doesn't come across as a lucid business communication at all.

#1354 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

"I'm sorry yesterday's email was confusing. I wasn't trying to tell you the project is dead. I'm simply trying to leave you confused still, by making my followup email just as strangely vague as the first one you got that I'm apologizing for."
Seriously, I don't understand what the hell Kevin is doing. Either just shut up or say something, but being vague is the worst possible option, because it just keeps people stirred up and worrying without actually reassuring them.

I just went to Skit-b's web site. No mention of the predator pinball. Really, no mention that they are even making a machine. Also no mention of the Mythbuster's machine. Now, if you're a startup company and have these licenses you would have it plastered all over your site. You don't need a calculator to do the math on this one IMO.

#1355 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I've seen the email and this is spot on.

#1356 9 years ago

Making pinball machines is hard.

#1357 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Making pinball machines is hard.

Especially if you don't have the license.

#1358 9 years ago

Not sure who sucks more

The person sending the email or the people not sharing it

#1359 9 years ago

Super-condensed summary:

Yesterday's note:
"The very existence of the project is threatened"
Today's note:
"Don't worry, be happy"

I'm going to guess that first email received more than a few immediate replies asking for refunds. That prompted a less dire email the next day.

#1360 9 years ago

Yeah, it's weird that they've wiped their own site clean of any mention they're actually trying to build and sell pinball machine. That's sad, hate to see this happen to pinball, again.

#1361 9 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

I just went to Skit-b's web site. No mention of the Predator pinball. Really, no mention that they are even making a machine. Also no mention of the Mythbuster's machine. Now, if you're a startup company and have these licenses you would have it plastered all over your site. You don't need a calculator to do the math on this one IMO.

Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

Yeah, it's weird that they've wiped their own site clean of any mention they're actually trying to build and sell pinball machine. That's sad, hate to see this happen to pinball, again.

Is this the same way it's been for months with no mention of Predator (which led to a firestorm months ago and ultimately Kevin's reassurances that he does have to Predator license but follow-up from someone that talked to him suggesting he wasn't allowed to publicize it)? Or is there now no mention of pinball at all on the SkitB website?

#1362 9 years ago

The Skit-B website has the same information on its thats been there for months. There's not supposed to be this much drama in pinball. Ill tell you what, if this game never sees the light of day and my money was stolen from me then I'll be done with this hobby.

#1363 9 years ago

SkitB should just silently re-theme the game as NBC's "To Catch a Predator" and start shipping.

To-Catch-a-Predator.pngTo-Catch-a-Predator.png
#1364 9 years ago

Experts of Dangerous: The SkitB Story

#1365 9 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Ill tell you what, if this game never sees the light of day and my money was stolen from me then I'll be done with this hobby.

You and me both, brother.

#1366 9 years ago

if this game never sees the light of day and my money was stolen from me then I'll be done with this hobby.

Just more games for the rest of us,

#1367 9 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

You and me both, brother.

Well heres to hoping we either get a game or our money back eventhough its very slim it would seem. I shoulda just stuck with the used games, a very expensive lesson learned.

#1368 9 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

Sure is and you can have them. Good luck I truly hope there is a game made cause Id hate to see anyone taken for a ride. I tried to stick it out but one can only take so much drama for years. Predator #77 if anyone wants it.

#1369 9 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

That's the spirit, for a sec I thought I was on RGP. Glad to have you here :c

#1370 9 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

glad to see that theres some empathy around here.

#1371 9 years ago

Just curious but has anyone spoken with the subcontractors? Back alley, the cabinet makers? Anyone know of any of the outsourcing that has been ordered? How many? or just prototypes ? I was just curious how far along they are as I walked away 6 months ago.

#1372 9 years ago

Charlie emery confirmed he was contracted to build 250 pf's. When I asked if he actually built them, no response.

#1373 9 years ago

OR...just wait till it's already made....then buy it......hmm............Joey

#1374 9 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

That's the spirit, for a sec I thought I was on RGP. Glad to have you here :c

In fairness you gave your hard earned cash to them.
If you loose money its your own fault and no body elses.
Dont say its skitbs fault either,they didn't put a gun to your head.
start ups go tits up every day of the week and people loose more than 7 or 8K .

#1375 9 years ago

Just wanted to say thanks for the entertainment on a slow night at work. Wow!

#1376 9 years ago

Given what I've seen/read over this weekend:
I'm now even more confident there's a serious problem with the license.... anonymous stuff has supported it- but after having seen Kevins last 2 emails- it tends to rather confirm it (IMO).

Just a thought:

Could SkitB ship a sanitized game - Predator-ish art but no overt references.

Perhaps a DIY process to finish it.(translite, ROM, maybe even mylar "decals" to add some Predator flavor after-the-fact).

#1377 9 years ago

The Skit-B website has the same information on its thats been there for months. There's not supposed to be this much drama in pinball. Ill tell you what, if this game never sees the light of day and my money was stolen from me then I'll be done with this hobby.

That's not fair. The hobby didn't do this to you it was one person. It'd be like saying you are done with the NFL because Ray Rice hit his GF.

#1378 9 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

#1379 9 years ago

I'm in the same mess with jpop, my money is gone and no game and no idea if or when i'll get it. I won't leave the hobby if I lose my money though, but I am never pre-ordering anything ever again. Cash & carry from now on.

#1380 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

That's not fair. The hobby didn't do this to you it was one person. It'd be like saying you are done with the NFL because Ray Rice hit his GF.

Umm, only if he was Rice's girlfriend.

#1381 9 years ago
Quoted from sven:

I haven't seen the email, but instead of the license, could part of the problems be that parts suppliers who also deliver to Stern or JJP 'aren't working hard' (to mildly put it) to supply to a small new company for they don't want to piss of their main customers?
Only problems I can think of reading 'the summary of the email' are problems with (parts of) the license or problems with the parts-suppliers (because of 'nefarious forces'). Or maybe a license/copyright for a part that's used?
Well, anyway, I hope all you guys get the game in the end, and for Skit-B I hope they can finish this and will make the second game as well...even though there doesn't seem much respons for it, maybe if the price stays in the lower segment (Stern Pro prices) and the game is great, it might sell quite well.

We use most of the same parts suppliers, have shipped hundreds of machines and have not had any delay issues. They all take very good care of us.

#1382 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I didn't say this was anyone's fault but my own but losing a large sum of money to something that is supposed to be fun and entertaining may be enough to push me out. It's just how I'm feeling right now.

#1383 9 years ago

Well - Looks like Jimbo Jones just stole your lunch money!

#1384 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

This is directly from the email>
"In short, no matter what, nobody is going to get left out to dry on this one, I can promise you that."
<end of what was directly from the email>

How is that even possible? You would think they have been spending some of the preorder on invetory and supplies to build the machines. If everyone asked for a refund, would there be enough money to go around?

#1385 9 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

That's right! It's *always* the victims fault!

And it's "lose", loser.

#1386 9 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I heard some dbag Pinsider is trying to sabatoge the game?
Is this really true?

As stated here by another pinsider, perhaps the person called fox because of the lack of communication from Skitb. In other words, it is like a stock. You have to conduct due diligence. He/she may have called to determine if this investment indeed did have the license? Or like a bad stock, it could go down the tubes if untruths are uncovered?

Just a thought.

#1387 9 years ago
Quoted from Pubaw:

As stated here by another pinsider, perhaps the person called fox because of the lack of communication from Skitb. In other words, it is like a stock. You have to conduct due diligence. He/she may have called to determine if this investment indeed did have the license? Or like a bad stock, it could go down the tubes if untruths are uncovered?

Just a thought.

Or maybe all that phone call shit is made up and the real problem is that Kevin never had a competent person (lawyer) look over the license he agreed to? Maybe it is as simple as Skit B thought they signed something they didn't.

#1388 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

This is directly from the email>
"In short, no matter what, nobody is going to get left out to dry on this one, I can promise you that."
<end of what was directly from the email>

I think its disingenuous to pull that ONE quote from the email without sharing the bulk of it.

If folks want to keep playing this game of shrouding the communication- ok- well fine. But if you're going to share ONE positive sentence, I think its only fair to share it all. Otherwise, you've really skewed the message.

#1389 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

I think its disingenuous to pull that ONE quote from the email without sharing the bulk of it.

Can't Tiger post both emails in the locked Predator thread - assuming he has Kevin's authorization?

#1390 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

If folks want to keep playing this game of shrouding the communication- ok- well fine. But if you're going to share ONE positive sentence, I think its only fair to share it all. Otherwise, you've really skewed the message.

I'd like to read the emails to see who is sugar coating it or distorting the message as there are allegations both ways.

#1391 9 years ago

I didn't say this was anyone's fault but my own but losing a large sum of money to something that is supposed to be fun and entertaining may be enough to push me out. It's just how I'm feeling right now

Don't worry - we will need a support group, PreOrderDator Anonymous...

#1392 9 years ago

It is also possible that the terms of his license had an expiration date.

#1393 9 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Or maybe all that phone call shit is made up

Absolutely possible. The whole thing could be bullshit....

However, MUCH more telling to ME is not the rumors, but how SkitB has reacted. Innocent people dont stop talking when they are falsely accused. They generally make bold statements with righteous indignation (see Jacks comments after his lawsuit story broke).

SkitB knows EXACTLY what the issues people are having are. Here's the simple message they would have sent (if they could):

"Folks, lots of rumors floating around the internet- no surprises there! We are behind schedule, but we are busting our butts to make this game. While I cant promise a delivery date, here's what I CAN promise:
1. We are making a Predator pinball machine
2. We have a license to do it."

Bam, end of story.

#1394 9 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

In fairness you gave your hard earned cash to them.
Dont say its skitbs fault either,they didn't put a gun to your head.
start ups go tits up every day of the week and people loose more than 7 or 8K .

Totally disagree with your post. In everyday life we all enter into contracts. Buying gas for your car, buying groceries, etc. A failed contract with a merchant is always the fault of the side that does not deliver as promised. Any court in the US would agree with me. Placing blame on the party that fulfilled their side of the contract is just wrong!

#1395 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Since you are so very concerned about this topic you should go back and reread.

I specifically posted that quote as a counter part to the overall negative spin Aurich (yet another person not vested in the project but very concerned with it) put on his previous 'summary' while leaving that important part out.

It sure as shit isn't all rainbows and unicorns since we are getting these emails, but that quote was pretty important. That is Kevin being clear that nobody is getting screwed and he will be sure all 250 preorder people are taken care of. I have no idea anymore what that will actually be, but I still trust him to make it right with either a game or deposits returned.

At this point we have seen enough parts to build the first batch of 10 or so. To me that says there is money in the bank to either push the project forward or refund to all but 10 people. Since these guys are regular working stiffs and REAL pinheads, I have absolutely no worries that it will all work out in one way or another. As always, I am vested in the project and continue to find it sad that people like you are not vested at all but continue to try and make things worse then they already are. I will be clear that I don't owe you a damn thing and have no obligation to provide any information to you or others. I will say it is comical for you of all people to questions anyones fairness or honesty. Do you like anyone in pinball? or are you an equal opportunity hater?

#1396 9 years ago

Pinhead on pinhead crime created by this crap is the biggest issue IMO. This is why every pinhead has something on the line with all of these "manufacturers" and their apparent apathy towards those that would make their ideas happen.

I truly do hope everyone gets their game and hope it's worth every cent of fun that you expect it to be.
It's a brave move to back a pinball company and I can't fault anyone for that, wish I had the guts to do it.

#1397 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I'm in the same mess with jpop, my money is gone and no game and no idea if or when i'll get it. I won't leave the hobby if I lose my money though, but I am never pre-ordering anything ever again. Cash & carry from now on.

Yep. It's really a shame that so many of these pre-order "boutique" companies are being run by incompetent people. Even if they had the best of intentions, they have done more harm to the hobby than good.

#1398 9 years ago

Well one thing is for sure, Stern, JJP and I think Heighway will be the only companies I order pinball machines from in the future. This is starting to make sick, Dutch, JPOP, skitB what a shitshow.

#1399 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I have come to my senses.
You guys are right. I am going to ask for my deposit back now.
LOL

Weren't you willing to bet one of your pins that you were going to have your Predator by the first of this year? Not sure if you're in denial or what, but it seems you should be the one screaming for your machine.

I almost put a deposit on one when I played the prototype (it was either at York or Allentown, the first year they showed it). Love the theme, but thank God I decided to just wait and get one when it was released.

#1400 9 years ago

I hear you but I still have faith that Dutch Pinball can become the cool pinball company. Not proven but its the last one I have faith in.

There are 18,488 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 370.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-skit-b-predator-discussion/page/28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.