Clevon (resized).jpg
0C707122-51D1-4488-8B69-8C91DA48018D.jpeg
72329539_10219705910182373_6362298985876553728_n (resized).jpg
pirateplayersclub (resized).jpg
case against keith.pdf (PDF preview)
_2_16-21030.pdf (PDF preview)
Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

87 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,488 posts in this topic. You are on page 273 of 370.
#13601 7 years ago

This bankruptcy judge is used to dealing with people truly down on their luck, so he's not some unsympathetic throw-the-book-at-'em hardnose, even when KK deserves it. Maybe he's giving the idiot a chance to get his affairs in order before the hammer comes down. Move his family into his mother's house or whatever, minimize their trauma perhaps. It'd be a lot harder on them to get kicked out of the house while daddy was in prison. There's plenty of time for KK to cool his heels in stir later.

#13602 7 years ago

Ok, so in a case kind of light on facts so far (established facts) at 1:05:00 or so we get that the amount of money Kevin said he owed was approximately $500,000. So he's tied to at least that number, now.

Was hoping for a little more meat in the case, but it's always good to hear the guy squirm.

Sounds like Kevin never did have any bookkeeping, though... but no canceled checks? They should at least be able to get those.
What about deposits? I'll bet there's a way to track those through the clearing house for each check that was deposited into his account.

Kevin's going to be busy on a spreadsheet for the next while. Feb 17th is a long time to wait for more popcorn

#13603 7 years ago

Is there any way to download this rather than stream?

#13604 7 years ago

hqdefault (resized).jpghqdefault (resized).jpg

#13605 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

1,600 pages of information...Kevin said the bank charged him $3 per page...that's $4,800...Where did that come from?

There is no effing way they charged him that.

#13606 7 years ago

So what happens next?

#13607 7 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

So what happens next?

2/17/2017

as I understand it form the doc linked?

#13608 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

something tells me Keith has been waiting for this moment for so long. He was primed and ready!!!
Kevin's lawyer really didn't want to be there. I don't think he ever used the word 'we' once.. it was all "i just did what I could.."

As a veteran plaintiff's trial attorney I will tell you what an even more veteran defense attorney once told me when I asked him why he did not settle an obviously defenseless case. He said: Sometimes you find yourself sitting on the railroad tracks. You can see the train coming and you know you are going to get crushed but then you discover you are tied to those tracks. Then you realize the worst part is that your own client is the train's engineer!

#13609 7 years ago

1.05:10 onwards.

What i wanted to hear all this time. Now i know for sure this guy needs to spend time in a cell as well as paying everyone he owes for eternity.

#13610 7 years ago

How? Why, did I ever give this low class, bottom feeder a penny? I think that 99% of all the people that I dealt with in this hobby seemed to be definitely good people. I must have been wearing some really rose glasses back then. When he finally got put under oath and answered those questions, That scumbag let his colors show. Weasel.

#13611 7 years ago

Nice job, Keith!

I loved that there were two different conversations happening - the court trying to get Kevin to comply with court orders, and Kevin responding by saying that he thinks there are mean people on the internet.

Judge - Do you have the required paperwork?

Kevin - Here's a list of mean things people have said about my beanie.

#13612 7 years ago

I dont know what I did with 1/2 Million...!!! Expenses and stuff! Right? hmmm...

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#13613 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I dont know what I did with 1/2 Million...!!! Expenses and stuff! Right? hmmm...

General Corporate Purposes. Including Travel & Entertainment. Maybe some "Incidentals".....

#13614 7 years ago

Time to find a paper trail of the purchase of the RV. If there is a large withdrawal at that time I bet the judge won't be too happy with him lying and hiding assets.

Who is this Mike that might have another machine?

#13615 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Time to find a paper trail of the purchase of the RV. If there is a large withdrawal at that time I bet the judge won't be too happy with him lying and hiding assets.

I think it might be the guy that Kevin is running a route through. It also seemed like Kevin dumped some of the predator assets on him based off the questions Keith had.

#13616 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Is that the guy that owns an arcade in MI? The one that Kevin had a prototype predator at for a short bit back in the day?
Can't remember the name of the place off the top of my head.

#13617 7 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Is there any way to download this rather than stream?

Click the three dots and you'll see the download option.

sc_download (resized).pngsc_download (resized).png

#13618 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Yea, why was a pizza place showing up as withdrawal in a business account?

#13619 7 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Client meetings. M&E brah!

#13620 7 years ago

20th Century Fox isn't interested in KK's project... but CNBC may be.

american_greed_time (resized).pngamerican_greed_time (resized).png

#13621 7 years ago

I'm sure this information is somewhere in the 13K+ posts, but I'm going to ask anyway. What was the state of this pin when the plug was pulled on it?

Did the black light features work correctly? If I remember the original idea was that black lights would light certain shots for different modes. I never went to any shows during the time it was being exhibited so never saw it first-hand.

#13622 7 years ago

As soon as he said he paid $3 a page, the judge should have asked for THAT receipt .

#13623 7 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

Did the black light features work correctly? If I remember the original idea was that black lights would light certain shots for different modes

From everything I read, from what I saw at shows, and from what Charlie Emery said (who worked furiously for weeks to try to get it to work), the black light worked like crap.. Even in a dark room it was barely visible. Viper night drivin was more impressive than predator if that's any indication.

Also I don't remember which Chicago Expo (2014 was the last public viewing?) but I remember he brought the machine again (along with sonic the hedgehog), and neither were running for the first couple days. It was Kevin with a laptop fixing code.

#13624 7 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Happy' Pizza is a Michigan based chain with locations also in Ohio and a few franchised locations in Nevada & California. Their stores are eye-catching with lots of neon signage.

Kevin probably just had some food catered in during the licensing CONtract negotiations when the Fox executives came to the SKitB headquarters campus.

Or, could it be that he was stupid enough to pay commission by check on the video game income that was in the Mount Pleasant Happy's? Most route ops try to do everything by cash. Years ago with cigarette machines, they paid by check but that's the only thing that was. Since the cigarettes were taxed by the carton, there was a paper trail; unless the operator was bootlegging them to minimize the taxes. Sometimes candy, soda and snack vending was paid to the location by check.

Note that the Mount Pleasant Happy's recently closed. Jet's and Little Caesars are more popular (read: cheap) with the college crowd as Central Michigan University is located there.

#13625 7 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

I'm sure this information is somewhere in the 13K+ posts, but I'm going to ask anyway. What was the state of this pin when the plug was pulled on it?
Did the black light features work correctly? If I remember the original idea was that black lights would light certain shots for different modes. I never went to any shows during the time it was being exhibited so never saw it first-hand.

I worked with Kevin, as did others on the UV.....brought him every wavelength commercially available, with no luck.
Got tired of it being the "UV light" to hear in the end that the clear coat he used had UV
protection in it for auto/fading, but on a playfield, it did its job, and practically eliminated the
possibility of the affect.....Could have worked, had their been a bit more thought behind the Issue, instead of hopping from one help to another.

#13626 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

hear in the end that the clear coat he used had UV
protection in it for auto/fading, but on a playfield, it did its job, and practically eliminated the
possibility of the affect

haaa!! that's like running a humidifier next to a de-humidifier.. It's so dry yet humid in here!

#13627 7 years ago

Interesting, I wonder if the UV would have degraded any of the other parts on the playfield? Thanks for the info fellas.

#13628 7 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Show of hands.....am I the only moron that stared at the Soundcloud screen for most of that?
Granted...Beer and herb might have contributed.

I looked out the window, stared at the wall, imagined Ace Attorney characters playing out the case, etc.

#13629 7 years ago

The cross-examination from 59mins onwards was damning. Kevin seems to have poorer recollection than Oliver North. Very dodgy and makes him totally look like a crook (allegedly).

He seems to think that by obfuscating and 'not recalling' where $500,000+ disappeared, it will be forgotten. Rather, my understanding of this process is that, if you cannot pro-actively PROVE what happened to the money it is assumed to be bankruptcy fraud on your part.

I find all this remarkable. Kevin initiated this bankruptcy process so he could avoid paying back any money, but he has now lost this 'discharge' element at the 27th Jan hearing, and moreover is behaving so badly and incompetently that it's now turning into a bankruptcy fraud case (allegedly)! He literally is being hoisted by his own petard. And the potential jail time isn't even for the alleged fraud (which may come later), it's for not complying with providing the pertinent documents at this early discovery stage.

Have I got the jist right? Quite remarkable.

Before Kevin started this bankruptcy process, shouldn't his attorney have confirmed he had the appropriate documents, knowing that not to do so might cause all sorts of pesky shenanigans (that we are now seeing)? Still, from a plaintiff perspective, I'm delighted at this hole Kevin is digging for himself. Justice is being seen (well, heard) to be done.

Kevin is accusing people of conspiring against him. As he initiated this bankruptcy case, and his lack of documents are what has led to his current predicament, in reality he has actually conspired against himself. And, of course, with the help of the amazing Keith

A final thought- I suspect Jpop won't be pursuing the bankruptcy route (which he had previously considered)!

#13630 7 years ago
Quoted from Russo121:

1.05:10 onwards.
What i wanted to hear all this time. Now i know for sure this guy needs to spend time in a cell as well as paying everyone he owes for eternity.

Quoted from Pinballs:

The cross-examination from 59mins onwards was damning. Kevin seems to have poorer recollection than Oliver North. Very dodgy and makes him totally look like a crook (allegedly).

Starting at the one hour mark was pure gold. Loved Keith's laser-like precision in asking the important questions and how he left Kevin speechless and stuttering to come up with, "I don't know" and "I believe so..."

#13631 7 years ago

I have been loosely following this case and I am wonder has Kevin ever been asked and has he ever admitted to taking in a certain amount of money? Has he ever agreed to a number that he took in? (In court on file)

#13632 7 years ago

If you watch Kevin on the youtube video he seems to remember things vividly.... Now his memory is shot.

#13633 7 years ago

I was imagining at least some of the delay in his responses were "oh crap, how do you know about that" moments.

Also great line here... Did you buy the house and put it in your wifes name? ... "those are just wild accusations!" ... well did you write a check for $30,000 to the title company.... "sir these are all just wile inflammatory accusations!!" .... well, did you wite the check? .... "....ya."

What a liar.

#13634 7 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

I have been loosely following this case and I am wonder has Kevin ever been asked and has he ever admitted to taking in a certain amount of money? Has he ever agreed to a number that he took in? (In court on file)

A fake sum of $3700 was mentioned in the previous hearing, lol.

#13635 7 years ago

Keith you really should present the Facebook photos of the games and video of the laptops before the judge. Kevin and his lawyer are repeatedly denying they exist. I have the file, but it's in Flash video (FLV) format. If you're interested in using the video I'll be happy to convert it to any format you like.

#13636 7 years ago

Wow, so basically he is saying he took in no real amount of money on this project. There has got to be a way to prove he took in way more money than that. I watched this thing evolve from its beginning, I am most certain there were multiple people who paid in full, knowing the folks in this community.

#13637 7 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

Wow, so basically he is saying he took in no real amount of money on this project. There has got to be a way to prove he took in way more money than that. I watched this thing evolve from its beginning, I am most certain there were multiple people who paid in full, knowing the folks in this community.

Once the 2 checking accounts are subpoenaed, and possibly the PayPal account, it should show lots of deposits in and transfers out. At that point the question of accounting for expenses and filing of income taxes come into the spotlight.

Bankruptcy attorney will note 1M came in yet no income was claimed on tax returns. Kevin answers well there were all these expenses. Judge responds if you write off $1M in expenses you need documentation, otherwise expenses can't be claimed and you owe about $250k to IRS. Judge will be forced to lock KK up until he can repay $1M stolen, $250k takes owed, $20k court costs, $20k for attorney fees, $15k contempt penalties, keys to camper, keys to house, keys to truck, document reproduction fees etc.

Kevin's last words, KeithinMI has been a plague on my family, curse him and the horse he rode into town on. Judge adds his own blessing," May God have mercy on your soul".

#13638 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

1,600 pages of information...Kevin said the bank charged him $3 per page...that's $4,800...Where did that come from?

That's the highest rate I've ever heard. I hope he kept the receipt so it can be verified.

#13639 7 years ago

Put the pitchforks down for a sec. blownfuse needs your help. See the pinned charland thread. The crucifixion can wait a few :p

#13640 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

That's the highest rate I've ever heard. I hope he kept the receipt so it can be verified.

From what I gathered, he hasn't actually paid for them yet. That was just supposedly how much the bank told him it would cost. The judge has now asked Kevin's lawyer to go ahead and get those records, regardless of cost, and add it to Kevin's bill.

#13641 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

It's a shame the judge didn't pick up on it and ask the next logical question..."you were in here last week claiming to only have $3,700...yet, you just paid $4,800 for copies...jail cells numbered 12, 79 and 122 are available...which would you prefer?"

#13642 7 years ago

I did find his job skills part pretty depressing. I'm sure he has some computer skills (and he clearly sees himself as having that too), but hasn't the faintest clue how to develop that into an actual marketable skill.

Year ago, I was there, in a dead end job knowing I had the ability (having been coding since i was in 8th grade), but it wasn't marketable. It took at least two full years of hard dedicated studying algorithm design, application architecture, business problem solving, along with wrapping my head around concepts like inversion of control, dependency injection and clean coding practices....

I guess my point it that it takes more than ability.... it takes dedication and drive... I don't see him having either, which is just a sad waste of an ability... and that I find slightly depressing.

#13643 7 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

A fake sum of $3700 was mentioned in the previous hearing, lol.

That was the amount of assets he claimed to have at the time of his bankruptcy filing... not what he took in.

#13644 7 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

I mentioned this above. At around an hour and five minutes, he admits to a sum of around $500K

#13645 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

As Kevin can't be bothered to hold onto paperwork on a $35k motor home he purchased at the end of June 2016, the outlook for this appears muddy.

#13646 7 years ago

Seems this judge is very understanding and forgivable giving KK the benefit of doubt. But he also gives the appearance that at some point he has heard enough of the bs and will be as unforgivable in imposing a harsh sentence. No records, no receipts, no past knowledge of hard fact transactions is not going to go over with this judge in the end.

#13647 7 years ago

So, I'm assuming the recoding happened before the paperwork denying the discharge of debt was filed, right?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-skit-b-predator-discussion/page/270#post-3566700

The recording took place on the morning of 1/27 ended at around 11am.

The discharge paperwork was filed on 1/27 at 2:57pm.

What happened in between?

#13648 7 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

he also gives the appearance that at some point he has heard enough of the bs and will be as unforgivable in imposing a harsh sentence. No records, no receipts, no past knowledge of hard fact transactions is not going to go over with this judge in the end.

As I understand this is just a bankruptcy court; there's no real possibility of "hard time" coming directly from these proceedings alone. What's funny is that Kevin started the bankruptcy process himself.

#13649 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

What happened in between?

YES!!! I was wondering this also. How, where and who got this discharge order produced and signed off on?

#13650 7 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

As I understand this is just a bankruptcy court; there's no real possibility of "hard time" based on these proceedings alone. What's funny is that Kevin started the bankruptcy process himself.

Yeah but at some point he has to rule in the favor of the trustees that he hasn't proven he has no assets, which I would imagine would result in a noncompliance and a sentence would have to be offered.

Edit: What do I know. Just an observer of these justice proceedings.

There are 18,488 posts in this topic. You are on page 273 of 370.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-skit-b-predator-discussion/page/273?hl=triplecdad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.