Topic Stats

• 18,301 posts
  • 815 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,544 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

72329539_10219705910182373_6362298985876553728_n (resized).jpg
pirateplayersclub (resized).jpg
case against keith.pdf (PDF preview)
_2_16-21030.pdf (PDF preview)
Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
194b3475e0440b8112afc0ac4ad5bf0ed0e8ec3db63fb4b6748a4f2e06a9865b (resized).jpg
31A053C2-4495-4E3E-980F-E5ADEA02F1DE (resized).jpeg
IMG_2933 (resized).JPG
beetlejuice-shrunken head (resized).jpg
2716720260_bc8966f6b1 (resized).jpg
D460F55E-AD42-43C6-91EB-B8162A84A094.gif
Screenshot_20190103-214734_Facebook (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

86 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 18301 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 367.
#1301 4 years ago

Dadadadadada... This all Reminds me a little of twilight zone...but one of the more brainfuck episodes...less content, more Drama

#1302 4 years ago

WTF? Fake email addresses? Conspiracies? Investigative reporting?

Who the hell has time to waste on stuff like this?

#1303 4 years ago

I also got an email from "Greg Wells" this morning. It is the first and only email I gave got from this person. Of note, at 8:12am I was dead asleep, as my wife would verify.

Hilton did message me asking if I had got the email nearly two weeks ago, and I was of course confused. Hilton never replied to my pm asking about it, at the time I was very confused.

This email from "whoever" came today, and is the first one I've gotten. Various friends of mine, some outside of Texas, have reported to me in the last few hours that they have also been contacted by this same person, some with much longer and detailed emails than mine.

I confirmed via phone this afternoon that the admins are totally aware of the situation and investigating in their own.

Anyways, stuff is obviously happening, but I want to reassert that I have nothing to do with it. I have no clue who this person is.

#1304 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

So what all do you know that you are keeping under wraps Aurich? Sounds like you have the inside scoop???
If you are confirming that PBN is talking with SkitB, I would hope PBN is also a responsible reporter and he will be sure to name all parties in his article (including the ones that are apparently working with him and have been anonymously emailing me).

You just can't stop trying to slander Martin can you? I get it, you're protective of the Predator idea and Kevin, fine. But you keep making allusions to his credibility, and now that he might not be a responsible reporter. Martin is an asset to the entire hobby, he works his ass off doing fabulous long form pinball reporting, for nothing I might add, and I don't think he deserves this treatment.

I don't pretend to have all the facts, it's pretty obvious that there is more than one side to all this, and frankly what they're all saying doesn't line up, so someone isn't being entirely truthful. I don't know who that is, so I won't pretend otherwise. If I had a straight answer I'd just say it and do everyone a service.

But yes, since Martin's name is getting dragged through the mud here for no reason I'll go ahead and confirm that he's talked to Kevin. That's something I feel pretty comfortable saying is a fact. I have no clue what the substance of their conversation was.

#1305 4 years ago

I don't even understand how someone would have got Whysnow's email address in order to send him "anonymous emails"?

#1306 4 years ago
Quoted from Expletive:

I don't even understand how someone would have got Whysnow's email address in order to send him "anonymous emails"?

It's not that hard, it's a small hobby. They sent me the same email last week. My email address isn't hard to come by. Especially if you're someone who's bought a mod from me. Actually, the email address they used is one I mostly use for Paypal stuff, so that's probably it.

#1307 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's not that hard, it's a small hobby. They sent me the same email last week. My email address isn't hard to come by. Especially if you're someone who's bought a mod from me. Actually, the email address they used is one I mostly use for Paypal stuff, so that's probably it.

Should we be feeling left out if we didn't get a top secret anonymous email?

#1308 4 years ago

If you actually *read* Pinball News you'll see that it's unbiased, non-litigious reporting. Hell, they didn't even cover the whole TBL blowup, only that the artwork had changed. The idea of them doing a 'exposure' article about Predator is downright laughable.

#1309 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's not that hard, it's a small hobby. They sent me the same email last week. My email address isn't hard to come by.

It's really not hard. Aurich's twitter is the 5th result down when you google "Aurich".

#1310 4 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

there is one entity, and only one entity, that has taken money and not provided a product...
the "loss of money" is entirely upon that entity...
and that entity isn't PBN, or "mysterious callers", or anyone BUT skitb... THEY started a "business" (term used VERY loosely), promised a product, and collected money...

So you really think no one would go out there way to under mine Skits efforts to complete this project? This is all smoke and mirrors?

#1311 4 years ago
Quoted from Expletive:

I am not very secretive with my email address so I assume they snagged it from online or here on pinside where it has been published before.

Pretty whacked out that these people are putting in so much energy to try and fail a start up pinball company. Regardless of what comes out as the root issue, this group of people has put lots of effort into the matter for the sole purpose of hurting something they claim to care about and many others that are part of the hobby.

Aurich, I only mention PBN since Mr. anonymous has made it clear that PBN is affiliate with him. Also, the lack of PBN to reply to my inquiry is not a good sign in my POV. If you are building a story and you are contacted by an interested party, you typically at minimum would reach out to say 'no comment currently' I found it pretty odd that it did not deem a reply, don't you.

Let's not pretend that some "confidential informant" is something that should be protected by PBN, especially when these people are going well above and beyond just a confidential informant and seeking out/ emailing individuals on their own. It is a little creepy (even if my email is readily available) when guys like this are going through the effort to contact me numerous times over the past month even without reply from me. If anything, if Martin knows who these people are, I would like him to get back to me for a little piece of mind that these whack jobs are not going to take things a step further than they already have.

#1312 4 years ago

The Butler did it !!!

...ohhh ummm.... never mind...

clue-1.jpg

#1313 4 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

The Butler did it !!!
...ohhh ummm.... never mind...
clue-1.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

What is it you're scared of? A fate worse than death?"
"No, just death. Isn't that enough?"

#1314 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Pretty whacked out that these people are putting in so much energy to try and fail a start up pinball company.

You don't think they are sending out BS emails just to F with you?

#1315 4 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

yuuuup.jpeg

#1316 4 years ago

What a bummer, I really want to see these games made.

#1317 4 years ago

There is only one plausible explanation to all of this. Wes rectally smuggled a cellphone into prison and is using his time there to undermine other projects to make Vonnie D look good.

#1318 4 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Quite possible, but they are sending them to others also so that makes it quite a bit worse.

If it was just me I would think it was as simple as a stupid joke. With multiple people, some that are not even in on Pred, it appears to be more than that???

#1319 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

There is only one plausible explanation to all of this. Wes rectally smuggled a cellphone into prison and is using his time there to undermine other projects to make Vonnie D look good.

wolfmarsh wins the internet for the day...

#1320 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Also, the lack of PBN to reply to my inquiry is not a good sign in my POV. I found it pretty odd that it did not deem a reply, don't you.

Excellent point.

Who could ever consider writing an article about Predator and SkitB without YOUR valuable input.

Obviously it would lack any credibility...

(Insert favorite eyeroll emoticons of your choice)

Lol.

#1321 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Funny. I randomly got called by someone wanting to buy one of my pinball related domain names. After chatting for a minute, I discovered it was Wes. We had a nice chat. But it was sorta like talking to a fictional pinball character from a tv show or something.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#1322 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I specifically attempted to reach out to PBN after getting an email from the alias assuming that if? they have a story "on the record" then they would likely be willing to talk with me as they supposedly gather 'facts'. PBN did not reply to my email, which makes it even that much stranger that they are named by the anonymous guy from TX.

Quoted from Whysnow:

I only mention PBN since Mr. anonymous has made it clear that PBN is affiliate with him. Also, the lack of PBN to reply to my inquiry is not a good sign in my POV. If you are building a story and you are contacted by an interested party, you typically at minimum would reach out to say 'no comment currently' I found it pretty odd that it did not deem a reply, don't you.

What facts do you have to contribute to the story such that PBN would want to contact you? Remember that the "story" here is whether SkitB still has the necessary licenses and resources to make the 250 Predator games it promised buyers, not whether some guy in Texas contacted Fox to fact-check SkitB's public assurances that it has the Predator license.

Ultimately, PBN has to stand behind whatever story it publishes. It seems pretty unlikely that they'd source a potentially very serious story solely based on "emails from an anonymous guy in Texas" so I wouldn't lose a lot of sleep over that.

#1323 4 years ago

I've been excited for this project from the beginning: a dream theme (first rated R movie I watched with my father); excited to support some enthusiastic 'kids in the basement' (doing something I've only dreamt of); great toys and mods being supported by Matt at BAC; open source opportunities - with awesome code out of the gate from a guy who clearly knows pinball rules and is a great player himself, etc...

I truly have been trying to trust Kevin and have continued to try and support the endeavor. I've defended Kevin and the project verbally when my fellow pinball buddies tell me I should've bailed (over a year ago I might add), I've been biting my tongue and refusing to spend too much time reading or responding here on Pinside, but unfortunately I think this has gone on too long for me - my patience is really wearing thin.

I'm sorry, but sending a cryptic email with an equally cryptic apology for being so cryptic in the first place is not what I'm looking for right now - especially from a guy who's typically been so eloquent in his previous emails and on stage interviews. I just want the rumors put to sleep and a *pessimistic* date as to when I'll get my machine. Hell, even if I was told it'd be another 6mos., but all questions were answered and I was going to see my Predator pinball machine as initially pitched and promised - that'd actually be enough for me to stay in.

I have no doubt that this has proven to be far more difficult for Skit-B than they ever even imagined and I do feel for the team, but it's gone on long enough. I'm giving Kevin one final chance to provide a substantial update and a response with some concrete answers. If I don't hear what I want, I'm afraid I'm going to have to bail. That last line is really hard for me to write, but my internal voice yelling, "you've waited this long, what's a little longer?" must finally be silenced and ignored.

#1324 4 years ago

Kevin's biggest move right now is to ship games. That would shut everyone up and stop the chatter.

#1325 4 years ago

So far as I've seen, PBN has yet to produce any kind of article regarding the licensing for Predator.
Unless I've missed something, WhySnow has stirred up all kinds of drama and smearing, for ZERO reason.

Hilton: from day one, you've been such a loud-mouth on here, defending this whole operation (while Kevin sounds to be a stand-up guy, this operation is a shit-show at best!), that it would not surprise me to hear that someone did try to contact Fox, just to burst your bubble and prove you wrong.
In my opinion, you have done far more harm to this whole thing than anyone else, simply by arguing constantly about how rock-solid this is, and that anyone who opposes your opinion is somehow eager to see the project fail. Proving you wrong, and "wanting to see this fail" are two very different things.

(Personally I do hope these get produced, and that Kevin can get this done.)

#1326 4 years ago

I have come to my senses.

You guys are right. I am going to ask for my deposit back now.

LOL

#1327 4 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

Kevin's biggest move right now is to ship games. That would shut everyone up and stop the chatter.

Based on the information we have available, it seems that shipping games is the last thing Kevin is able to do right now.

#1328 4 years ago

Focus here guys. Ok, so now we have at least 3 people in this thread who have admitted to getting a similar email from anonymous sources and not just whysnow. So removing whysnow temporarily from this argument, it would be cool to hear from Martin.

Martin is mentioned in the emails by name. If he confirms he's spoken to these sources (whoever they are - don't care) and can shed some light for all of us what the "big issue" is, we can squash some of this drama. If your name was used by someone as part of a slander campaign - just say so.

If my name was mentioned in an email going around (to it appears more than one person), I'd step up right away and say either "B freakin S!" or "I have been collaborating with some parties & Kevin and will provide more info shortly as I confirm facts." As many state, this is a small tight hobbyist group - not freakin Watergate.

#1329 4 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Focus here guys. Ok, so now we have at least 3 people in this thread who have admitted to getting a similar email from anonymous sources and not just whysnow. So removing whysnow temporarily from this argument, it would be cool to hear from Martin.
Martin is mentioned in the emails by name. If he confirms he's spoken to these sources (whoever they are - don't care) and can shed some light for all of us what the "big issue" is, we can squash some of this drama. If your name was used by someone as part of a slander campaign - just say so.
If my name was mentioned in an email going around (to it appears more than one person), I'd step up right away and say either "B freakin S!" or "I have been collaborating with some parties & Kevin and will provide more info shortly as I confirm facts." As many state, this is a small tight hobbyist group - not freakin Watergate.

I don't think Martin has a need to comment, he does interviews with industry people on an ad hoc basis or asks for comments. A lot of that stuff doesn't make it onto the site for a long time. All that appears to have happened is that someone has used Martin's name. Much like they could have stated in their emails "Roger Sharpe said that getting a license with this much leeway is impossible on a small budget, he is collaborating with us to get THE TRUTH out"*

*note this is an example only

It's ridiculous, throw in a name and hope it sticks seems to be the course of action, why would these people need to be anonymous? It's not like the mob are going to give them a pair of concrete shoes or something, it seems like a whole load of shit stirring.

This whole damned thing is wrong in many ways, Kevin's emails today are bizarre, the anonymous emails are odd, I wish we knew what was actually happening but for whatever reason, we the buyers aren't allowed to know, just that 'dark forces are at work'.

You couldn't make this shit up

#1330 4 years ago

This is simple. If skit-b didn't properly secure the preditor license and likeness rights they only have themselves to blame.

#1331 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Since (mostly because of SkitB) we are left to conjecture, here's what I think we're going to see:
A sad, mournful email that stated that due to circumstances beyond his control, Predator can't be made. The reasons will be vaguely shared, but there may be some inference that jealous interlopers conspired to make things harder.
The "good news" will be that that no one will be left "out to dry" and all Predator pre-payers will get - a discount off EOD. If they'd like a refund, it will have to come after SkitB can transfer their order to someone else waiting in line.
So you want to sue SkitB for not delivering Predator? Hmmm, what's Predator? See anything about Predator on their website? Try finding a public statement that "the game" he's making is called Predator.... All the updates I've seen over the last year or two talk about "the game"
Yes, plenty of conjecture there, but I think it now makes just as much sense as believing "everything is fine". AND conjecture will fill the vacuum of facts that SkitB has brought upon itself.
I'd love to be wrong.... But at least people may get "a game"

I just wanted to say I really enjoy your posts. They are very specific with valid and mature points of view. During this entire thread, when I see your name on a post I especially look forward to reading it Ok, enough sunshine for you but thanks again. Oh yeah, Aurich has really good posts, like you, as well. Are you two related?

#1332 4 years ago

Well ... can we get a post here or at least another summary? For the love of all you hold dear spill it. I am addicted to this thread and need to know what there is to be known. I am just checking in to see what condition my condition is in.

#1333 4 years ago

So sad, everything I've seen from this game looked awesome. Here's hoping we'll all get to play one...

#1334 4 years ago

Thread needs something...

Predator_College_Asking_Tina_Out.png
#1335 4 years ago

I have had nothing but the best wishes for Kevin and all his supporters. I do hope some good comes from all of this. I hope a small tongue in cheek humor about how I feel, is not taken badly.....

#1336 4 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Focus here guys.... anonymous sources ....... Martin.

I respectfully think you are still focusing in the altogether wrong place.

If the rumors are erroneous, why give "anonymous emailers" any credibility at all?
And so who cares what they said to Whysnow or Martin or or anyone on pinside?

The ONLY party in this issue whose statements (and more importantly, actions) really matter is Kevin. Now, SkitB has themselves implied that something is perhaps wrong... so i think its on THEM to clarify, not create as witchhunt over "anonymous emails"

Let's face it, if those emails were groundless, they should and would be ignored.

#1337 4 years ago

That's it dammit! I'm putting an end to this fucking nonsense right now!! Somebody fwd me the Fox contact info

#1338 4 years ago

I heard some dbag Pinsider is trying to sabatoge the game?

Is this really true?

#1339 4 years ago

*deleted*.... no sense piling on....

#1340 4 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

I also got an email from "Greg Wells" this morning. It is the first and only email I gave got from this person. Of note, at 8:12am I was dead asleep, as my wife would verify.
Hilton did message me asking if I had got the email nearly two weeks ago, and I was of course confused. Hilton never replied to my pm asking about it, at the time I was very confused.
This email from "whoever" came today, and is the first one I've gotten. Various friends of mine, some outside of Texas, have reported to me in the last few hours that they have also been contacted by this same person, some with much longer and detailed emails than mine.
I confirmed via phone this afternoon that the admins are totally aware of the situation and investigating in their own.
Anyways, stuff is obviously happening, but I want to reassert that I have nothing to do with it. I have no clue who this person is.
image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Greg sure sounds the same as Craig, last name is fake but yeah not that hard to figure out what it really is.

#1341 4 years ago

I just sent Greg Wells a Western Union Moneygram, in 48 hours he's gonna tell me the whole story. I was a little skeptical so I made him send me his picture first. It's only a matter of time till we all know....

i-am-not-a-scammer-he-is-270x212.jpg
#1342 4 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

Greg sure sounds the same as Craig, last name is fake but yeah not that hard to figure out what it really is.

Craig who?

#1343 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

If the rumors are erroneous, why give "anonymous emailers" any credibility at all?...
...And so who cares what they said to Whysnow or Martin or or anyone on pinside?...
...if those emails were groundless, they should and would be ignored.

Agree it's all on Kevin at this point and spotlight should be on him front and center for real answers.

Respectfully, we're not getting clear answers from Kevin (both emails vague) and there are allegations pointed directly at him by authors of this infamous email some on here have - but only after being pushed are admitting to.

Martin's name is in the email as collaborating with these unknown persons to break some story. Martin is someone we trust and engages in the pinside community. If groundless and not true, all Martin has to say is BS I'm not involved at all. End of discussion - it's groundless. If there is something there, just comment and say not ready to say anything yet.

Who gives a crap where the clarity comes from as long we get some. I prefer Martin because he has the most credibility of anyone aforementioned.

#1344 4 years ago

It's amazing to me that this could just as easily be a scam or a legitimate attempt to build pin. I'm not sure what it is at this point, and I don't think most of you guys are either, but the guy got a million bucks from forum members either way. Wow!

#1345 4 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

by authors of this infamous email some on here have - but only after being pushed are admitting to.

By the way, is it me or does anyone else wonder why no one is willing to post this email from an anonymous source?

If they're anonymous, you're not betraying their confidence since they had no balls to sign it themselves. Throw a log on the fire that's already started.

#1346 4 years ago
Quoted from mufcmufc:

This whole damned thing is wrong in many ways, Kevin's emails today are bizarre,

so what was mentioned. updates on where the machine is at? i think at this point, thats all buyers want to know..

#1347 4 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

By the way, is it me or does anyone else wonder why no one is willing to post this email from an anonymous source?

Well, it sure fits the theme of this project

Secret/private update emails from Kevin
Anonymous emails from Texas
Sanitized websites, postings, pictures, etc

I've never see a project with LESS clear information. I work with defense contractors who are more forthcoming on projects they're working on!

#1348 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Well ... can we get a post here or at least another summary? For the love of all you hold dear spill it. I am addicted to this thread and need to know what there is to be known. I am just checking in to see what condition my condition is in.

Since I did a summary last time, I'll summarize again:

"I'm sorry yesterday's email was confusing. I wasn't trying to tell you the project is dead. I'm simply trying to leave you confused still, by making my followup email just as strangely vague as the first one you got that I'm apologizing for."

Seriously, I don't understand what the hell Kevin is doing. Either just shut up or say something, but being vague is the worst possible option, because it just keeps people stirred up and worrying without actually reassuring them.

#1349 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Since I did a summary last time, I'll summarize again:
"I'm sorry yesterday's email was confusing. I wasn't trying to tell you the project is dead. I'm simply trying to leave you confused still, by making my followup email just as strangely vague as the first one you got that I'm apologizing for."

Classic

#1350 4 years ago

He needs to post photos of completed games, or near completed games. If there's no problem and he wants to put this to rest.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Great American Pinball
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
$ 9.99
$ 7.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 1,000.00
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 229.99
$ 26.95
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 18.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 2.50
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
There are 18301 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 367.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside