Clevon (resized).jpg
0C707122-51D1-4488-8B69-8C91DA48018D.jpeg
72329539_10219705910182373_6362298985876553728_n (resized).jpg
pirateplayersclub (resized).jpg
case against keith.pdf (PDF preview)
_2_16-21030.pdf (PDF preview)
Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

87 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,488 posts in this topic. You are on page 265 of 370.
#13201 7 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

In my view he say straight through it - hence the urgency of the next hearing.

It's also a tactic that a lot of managers use when having performance discussions with their direct reports.

They give the employee the benefit of the doubt on all excuses and set them up for one more chance with clear expectations. If the expectations aren't met, out the door you go.

#13202 7 years ago

It is completely plausible that Kevin ran the entire skit-b business with no accounting, record keeping, receipts, or anything. He probably honestly has no idea what money was taken in our out.

I don't think he'll have anything to hand over next week, because it does not exist. Would have to hear the audio of that one.

#13203 7 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

It's also a tactic that a lot of managers use when having performance discussions with their direct reports.

Personally I prefer the compliment sandwich.

Kevin- That's a really unique beanie you have; really makes a statement. You're a terrible, terrible person who has defrauded many people. You have a great smile.

#13204 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

It is completely plausible that Kevin ran the entire skit-b business with no accounting, record keeping, receipts, or anything. He probably honestly has no idea what money was taken in our out.
I don't think he'll have anything to hand over next week, because it does not exist. Would have to hear the audio of that one.

If he has anything it would be written on a bar napkin, im sure any reciepts he had were already destroyed.

#13205 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

And he already told the judge that all of the documents that were requested were turned over to his lawyer.

I think the judge is letting him keep his shovel for a while so that he can dig a deeper hole for himself.

#13206 7 years ago
Quoted from SirScott:

And he already told the judge that all of the documents that were requested were turned over to his lawyer.
I think the judge is letting him keep his shovel so that he can dig a deeper hole for himself.

That was certainly the impression I got, when he was laying it out in regards to what he expects Kevin to provide and do before/in time for the next hearing, he was basically giving Kevin the proverbial spade so Kevin would think he is digging his way out or buying time for himself, while in reality he is actually just digging his own grave and proving he is full of BS himself.

#13207 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

Personally I prefer the compliment sandwich.

I refer to that as the shit sandwich with my team.

"Hey you are doing really good at x"
"You need to work on A, B, C"
"Nice job on Y"

#13208 7 years ago

I have to believe that the Judge has seen hundreds of defendants who, when finally drug in front of him, say the exact crap that came out of this idiots mouth. Ignorance - stupidity won't float next week. If he shows up with the, "My lawyer eat my homework" excuse, can he be put in jail? In the end I don't believe any paperwork exist.

#13209 7 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

I have to believe that the Judge has seen hundreds of defendants who, when finally drug in front of him, say the exact crap that came out of this idiots mouth. Ignorance - stupidity won't float next week. If he shows up with the, "My lawyer eat my homework" excuse, can he be put in jail? In the end I don't believe any paperwork exist.

I am sure there is no Skitb paperwork.

However, the bank records and PayPal statements have to be there. Those will show the money trail, no?

#13210 7 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

I wonder if they factored in the funds that Tim F., and all the other cling-ons, that paid Kevin for the remains after the shit hit the fan? ... probably.

It's possible there are more Predators out there than we know...I've heard from people (hearsay I know) there as as many as four now. Could be how Kevin is making a living currently...using those cabinets and parts, making his own ramps, selling machines to collectors under the table using our money he kept for the parts...

#13211 7 years ago

Kevin appears to have three options: 1) produce the documentation 2) fully fess up and throw himself at the mercy of the court 3) skip town.

I found it interesting that the judge raised the possibility of option 3 multiple times. You have someone with a job, wife has her own business, they have small children, own their own home, and was picked up at his home. Add to it that this is not a criminal case (at least for now) and this certainly doesn't seem to fit the profile of a flight risk.

For those of you with experience in bankruptcy courts, is it normal for the judge to ask about passports, tell him he can't travel out of state (except court in Ohio) and say 'May God have mercy on your soul' if you don't show up?

#13212 7 years ago

The whole thing about documents being forwarded through email is baffling to me. It seems very 2000s. Is there no system available whereby documents can be directly filed to a case and remain viewable but immutable to all parties?

#13213 7 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

The whole thing about documents being forwarded through email is baffling to me. It seems very 2000s. Is there no system available whereby documents can be directly filed to a case and remain viewable but immutable to all parties?

You would think so.. when I re-financed my mortgage last summer, I was able to upload all the necessary documents as pdf over the web, and every department that needed to see them could go grab it.

#13214 7 years ago

Anyone have an over-under on the odds that Kevin can't get ahold of his lawyer? I'm betting 100% odds that he can't.

#13215 7 years ago

Wolfmarsh, thanks a bunch for the audio, hearing that all go down was fantastically rewarding. Keith and the legal team along with everyone doing their own digging and finding things are doing a great job with everything.

That all being said, what's the deal with him sitting at home with the kids while his wife works? I was under the impression she worked out of the house they lived in. And I was also under the impression that house was bought with predator money. So do they have a house to live in and also a house / business she works out of? And when were these purchased? I'd also like to know when her photography business was started, and what equipment was purchased since this debacle started. Because it sure seems to me like he took predator money, bought a house, and helped her start her career in photography.

And where are the other machines hiding at? Who else was on the predator team that had access to the build, software and etc - surely they didn't work for free either. I'm thinking they all got a slice of the pie as well.

And for documents, PayPal should definitely have the entire list of transactions going into his account for predator money. And his bank account should have all the PayPal deposits plus a record of where the money went (when it wasn't cash, at least.)

#13216 7 years ago

He's screwed.

#13217 7 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

And where are the other machines hiding at? Who else was on the predator team that had access to the build, software and etc - surely they didn't work for free either. I'm thinking they all got a slice of the pie as well.

I also don't get this one either. How did his partner, who also propositioned the community on this offering, walk away scott free form this. If you were involved in alleged scandal from the beginning isn't there accountability? Accomplice to fraud?

#13218 7 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

I also don't get this one either. How did his partner, who also propositioned the community on this offering, walk away scott free form this. If you were involved in alleged scandal from the beginning isn't there accountability? Accomplice to fraud?

Was he a member of the LLC?

#13219 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Turned out there was no LLC. That would make it an unincorporated partnership in many states, not sure about that one though.

#13220 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

LMAO....LLC. That's some funny shit right there. Kevin could hardly spell LLC, much less form one. There is no Skit-B corporation.

#13221 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Turned out there was no LLC. That would make it an unincorporated partnership in many states, not sure about that one though.

Wow.

#13222 7 years ago

It was great hearing the audio posted of the recent court encounter. Congratulations to those who went after this guy. At a minimum, you are making his life difficult, at best maybe he spends some time behind bars. It seems like the Judge is setting him up to locked up. Keep a good thought and maybe in a few days, buyers get some satisfaction.

#13223 7 years ago

So when will the movie be released "The wolf of pinball?"

Need to figure out who would play the lead role!

#13224 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

If he held himself out to be a "partner" then they likely had a General Partnership for state law purposes and under the default state statutes regulating the GP.

Regardless of how he accounted for the income and expenses for federal income tax purposes.

No LLC? So stupid, pointed out that red flag a long time ago.

Translation, unlimited personal liability as well for the "partner".

I've got a company that i just set up a new LLC for. 3 partners. The existing business had been run as a sole owner Sub S and taxed as a Sole Proprietorship. Why? That partner has/had IRS issues and the other two didn't want to be tagged with those issues, thus they were 1099 partners.

Problem? The other 2 "partners" had no corporate shield! Fully exposed with unlimited personal liability and substantial assets to lose. 30 employees with potential liability every day.

Problem solved, new LLC, 3 partners, taxed as a "partnership" for federal tax purposes. In Texas, great asset protection tool and mandatory for doing business with potential liability issues.

#13225 7 years ago

If he was willing to steal the license from the movie company, why are people basing the possible financial amount he stole on the arbitrary number of 250?

250 is just a number that came out of Kevin's mouth.

From day 1, when he spoke about the license, he was already lying. Why would you expect him to be telling the truth about the number, years later when he was still accepting deposits?

#13226 7 years ago

I suggest a retheme:

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#13227 7 years ago
Quoted from LyonsRonnie1:

If he was willing to steal the license from the movie company, why are people basing the possible financial amount he stole on the arbitrary number of 250?
From day 1, when he spoke about the license, he was already lying. Why would you expect him to be telling the truth about the number, years later when he was still accepting deposits?

Valid point, but I just have a hard time believing that more than 250 people gave this idiot money.

#13228 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Valid point, but I just have a hard time believing that more than 250 people gave this idiot money.

I can remember in the late days of it, he supposedly had a list of people, and people were saying that they had just heard from him, and a spot opened so now they're in on a preorder, etc. Who knows how many people he actually got to send in money.

We had a similar thing happen on the Arcade game side a few years ago, a guy was telling people he was building complete Star Wars Cockpit arcade games with new monitors, new wiring, new artwork, new everything. Had people popping up months later that had paid in full (several thousand dollars) and had never even seen a picture.

The world is just so big there's people you've never even imagined everywhere willing to spend money on things that sometimes end up being a scam.

#13229 7 years ago

Good point. Wasn't there supposedly a waiting list at some point as well? Who knows what he told people on the alleged waiting list but perhaps it was something like: "I can get you on, don't worry about the list, but you have to pay in full now...". I would think we would have heard from someone that was said to but perhaps not.

#13230 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

If he held himself out to be a "partner" then they likely had a General Partnership for state law purposes and under the default state statutes regulating the GP.
Regardless of how he accounted for the income and expenses for federal income tax purposes.
No LLC? So stupid, pointed out that red flag a long time ago.
Translation, unlimited personal liability as well for the "partner".
I've got a company that i just set up a new LLC for. 3 partners. The existing business had been run as a sole owner Sub S and taxed as a Sole Proprietorship. Why? That partner has/had IRS issues and the other two didn't want to be tagged with those issues, thus they were 1099 partners.
Problem? The other 2 "partners" had no corporate shield! Fully exposed with unlimited personal liability and substantial assets to lose. 30 employees with potential liability every day.
Problem solved, new LLC, 3 partners, taxed as a "partnership" for federal tax purposes. In Texas, great asset protection tool and mandatory for doing business with potential liability issues.

I think it is safe to assume he had no intention of building these games, nor of properly incorporating. It would be interesting to hear what his true intentions really were and what he thought he was going to do from the onset.

#13231 7 years ago

I think Kevin really thought this would be file for bankruptcy.. and just keep hiding under a rock and it would all blow over and he could hide from the civil suits.

It seems he thought Keith's demands were just like some collection agency he could just keep ignoring.. verse actual COURT ORDERED APPEARANCES. The one I can't understand at all is.. once the warrant was issued... how he could justify to himself or anyone that 'ignoring' would work. The idiot is taking simple procedural stuff and turning it into warrants and potential jail time.

On the lawyer front.. they clearly treated Kevin as if he still had representation when discussing how to meet again.. why by bring him before the judge w/o the lawyer at this hearing? Clearly they should have allowed Kevin to try to get his lawyer present for this meeting with the judge, right? But that's not discussed.. Maybe Kevin didn't even challenge that?

The funny thing is Kevin acts like Keith is on a witchhunt and is in the wrong somehow for seeking out all these details outside of what Kevin disclosed.. and trying to use that as some kind of defense about making false claims, etc.. dude.. that's what he's supposed to be doing... ensuring the trustee has a full picture... not simply agreeing with whatever BS you put on your schedule.

Kevin keeps talking like 'he just wants this to be over'... buhahaha.. wake up dude.. this is just the info gathering phase!! Keith said the trustee is going to file an adversary proceeding next week. Presumably claiming Kevin lied and is concealing assets... and that's where the good stuff starts. With Kevin's path.. he's going to get liquidated AND STILL owe the debts.. and if hes LUCKY.. not face criminal charges for his perjury and bankruptcy crimes.

The idiot has taken his civil lawsuits.. and is turning them into criminal charges on his own.

It's like Christmas has come just a little late this year.. instead of just facing civil collection claims forever.. the moron is making his case into a criminal one all on his own.

#13232 7 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I think it is safe to assume he had no intention of building these games, nor of properly incorporating. It would be interesting to hear what his true intentions really were and what he thought he was going to do from the onset.

I may be in the minority but I actually think at the onset, he had every intention of building and delivering these games. If you re-read some of the interviews in the early days, he was thinking it was like a garage/basement build out similar to how he built a few games for himself (I think Sonic maybe). A ton of stupidity (thinking he could fly under radar of license) and underestimating extent of build out. Once he got the skulls from Back Alley and started to line up cabinets - I think that's when the stupid hammer hit him over the head again with a dose of reality and he was like - Oh Shit!!

I still think he expected to build one game at a time under the radar (of the license) but when shit hit the fan and he was exposed on the license publicly - he was overwhelmed. I used to know many in the comic model/statue industry who did same thing on kits. Fly low, keep kits around 150 in quantity, and hope never tagged. Those were $150 kits though.

Due to the community growing weary of updates and deliverables, in his head he finally realized, this is bigger than I thought - doh! (That's why in PinballNews interview he stated "I'm a pinball designer not a pinball manufacturer". Doh!!) This is when I think he started collecting more money and doing stupid things trying to dig himself out - like a mouse trapped in the corner. Lies, upon lies now started building. I honestly think Aaron bailed in 2014 because Aaron realized sooner than Kevin, flying under the license radar is unlikely based on attention we're getting and we need help building these - too big a project on our own. Kevin saw $$$ and thought he could build at his own pace. Minus the license, sounds familiar to JPop.

After all hell came down he tried to refund some money - then stopped and reversed the refunds apparently at direction of lawyer. As stupidity was his shadow throughout this project, as time has gone on - big bank account - buy gifts for family and then declare personal BK. Thinking it would go away. In summary, I think his original intentions was pinball and then stupidity, panic and in the end stupid greed took over.

If it was full blown deception, you wouldn't have 4 games somewhere in collectors hands. Deception occurred after. But deception nonetheless.

#13233 7 years ago

im am glad you guy's are gaining traction on this. now we know Kevin reads this thread, kevin you need to grow up and be accountable for your actions! Either way you are getting jail time AND financial penalties, what kind of an example are you setting for your children??!!. SHAME on YOU for taking advantage of the people whom trusted you and had believed in your product. You should have came clean from the beginning, asked forgiveness and returned what you could before you squandered everything away.
If i was Keith i would have asked the judge to lock you up for 2 weeks to help you remember where your documents are (as the judge was more than willing to give you some alone time!) instead of the box of slushie receipts from the quickie-mart you supplied.

#13234 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I think Kevin really thought this would be file for bankruptcy.. and just keep hiding under a rock and it would all blow over and he could hide from the civil suits.

I think you hit the nail on the head. And I think JPoP is doing the same.

#13235 7 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

I'm guessin' JPop considers Kevin the gift that keeps on giving. Takes some of the attention and anger away from him. Hope he got him a nice Christmas present.

#13236 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

So when will the movie be released "The wolf of pinball?"
Need to figure out who would play the lead role!

Kaneda

#13237 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Agreed. I essentially suggested the same but didn't get 9 upvotes for it

#13238 7 years ago
Quoted from SirScott:

I think the judge is letting him keep his shovel for a while so that he can dig a deeper hole for himself.

Yep. I feel like the judge was skipping a lot of what Kevin said at the time to give Kevin more rope to hang himself later.

#13239 7 years ago

I just had a chance to listen to this, He's smoked period.

#13240 7 years ago

I'd agree Kevin did intend to build the games. But he was in WAY over his head long before being exposed.

At shows this game was on its back more than a high school cheerleader. When it did work it was a clunky brick fest. They made no attempt to improve or tweak anything year-after-year, despite having plenty of time.

They would have never met their BOM even with "friends and family" helping build it, which would have lasted maybe a month before going south.

I would bet my left testicle Kevin never created an actual company. He likely has no records beyond 1) list of customers 2) Paypal info 3) Bank statements. If the judge is expecting more he's going to be disappointed.

It seems he did intend to do refunds at one point. Maybe he panicked upon realizing with at least 200k already spent he could never return it all. Now if it was just a simple failure, he could have returned the balance and I think people would have been OK with that. But since the whole thing was predicated on a lie, maybe he didn't think that would be acceptable?

By then, he had tipped over into the "covering up the lie is worse than the lie" stage and dug himself into the hole he's in now.

It reminds me a lot of Peachy Printer https://www.youtube.com/user/PeachyPrinter a $100 Kickstarter printer that failed because one of the partners built a house with the money. Bizarrely, the other partner interviews him on camera (instead of kicking his ass) and they're like "Well, guess this project is done!" It reeks of collusion, and rumors are the printer didn't actually work, so like Kevin, they just tried to bury it.

#13241 7 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

How so?

JPop has not declared bankruptcy.

#13242 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

This is my thoughts exactly. Who the hell knows how many machines were sold. Especially, if just like Jpop, he knew the jig was up and kept selling anyway. The math to 1.2 million does not add up unless all 250 were paid in full and ZERO refunds were issued. We know 100% that did not happen. You want paperwork? Yeah, that napkin went out with the weekly trash.

#13243 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I would bet my left testicle Kevin never created an actual company. He likely has no records beyond 1) list of customers 2) Paypal info 3) Bank statements. If the judge is expecting more he's going to be disappointed.

I don't think Keith expects anything more than that... this is all the 'setup' to ensure Kevin can't claim the money was used up legitimately. They will prove the money went in... then show where Kevin was associated with shady transactions and funding things.. and Kevin's lack of legit paper trail will cause all those transactions to be tainted and pulled into the assets to be liquidated.

The lack of accounting and disclosure will be compared with the data collected externally from Kevin.. use to prove he is lying in his bankruptcy filings.. which will be used to avoid having the debts excused... will bring those assets BACK to the trustee... and will be even more of a rap sheet for the trustee to handover to procecutors to pursue criminal charges with.

Lack of detail will favor the trustee and creditors as Kevin will not be able to properly separate his lifestyle from his credit obligations.

#13244 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

How so?
JPop has not declared bankruptcy.

Agreed. It will be interesting to see how "American Pinball" works out and if the lawsuits will get settled.

#13245 7 years ago

A couple items that will be very interesting : w the SKITB tax returns if they even exist.
Then his personal Tax returns.

Maybe the IRS will bend him over after Keith is done with him. Or maybe Keith should bring in a tax specialist as well for next questioning.

All the so called employee friends and family?

Then the one or two machines made where given to a friend to sell as a second hand transaction to a collector? Hmmm?? I am sure he raised extra money selling off other assets. Are those the so called worthless accoutrements.

I have seen judges much harder on 80year old women for speeding in court. With large fines handed out. This judge seemed way to easy on Kevin. The judge never asked do you have a lawyer? Do you need a lawyer?
Never asked what the court issue in Ohio was about?

I am guessing Kevin will show up with same crap papers that he has already given as that is all he can bring without totally screwing himself. If he shows at all.
And Keith will get what from this lair??

Can someone recap how many folks Keith is representing?? Cause I hear many guys that only lost a small amount so never persued any refund.

It is exciting to hear that Kevin may be getting his comeuppance.

But I can just hear him now,
well your honor I did not realize that Mexico was that much further than Ohio nor did I realize that my wife had gotten me a passport for Valentine's day and left it hidden in the glove box. It's not my fault honest. I didn't even know my dying grandmother lived in Mexico I just put the address into the Google maps and was following their directions.
Oh and I felt very threatened by all those documents that would prove I am a liar and a their. So nope cant seem to find any of them.

#13246 7 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

I have seen judges much harder on 80year old women for speeding in court. With large fines handed out. This judge seemed way to easy on Kevin. The judge never asked do you have a lawyer? Do you need a lawyer?
Never asked what the court issue in Ohio was about?

Remember.. this hearing was only about getting Kevin to appear... so the trustee can continue on what they need... so the case can continue to proceed. The judge was clearly keeping a focus on that.. and as others have said, probably being very reserved in terms of passing judgements beyond the 'have you complied with sharing these items'.

Remember.. this activity right now is the bankruptcy case.. not the civil suit. Keith is representing the trustee right now (the arbitrator who is tasked to best recover what the creditors are owed).

This is bankruptcy court... not criminal court. No court appointed public defenders, etc. As the judge reminded Kevin.. he filed this claim voluntarily... the court is supposed to be there for him... yet he's not participating and complying.

#13247 7 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

This is my thoughts exactly. Who the hell knows how many machines were sold. Especially, if just like Jpop, he knew the jig was up and kept selling anyway. The math to 1.2 million does not add up unless all 250 were paid in full and ZERO refunds were issued. We know 100% that did not happen. You want paperwork? Yeah, that napkin went out with the weekly trash.

Is the 1.2M "only" people ordering games? If he ordered parts and did not pay the vendor would that also not be debt from this sham that he owes? I doubt Keith pulled that number out of thin air without a paper trail to back it up. I would love to see the next meeting when asked about paperwork for things he had no idea he needed to track in a real business. The jaw drop dumb look would be a picture used for Pinball MEMEs for the next decade.

I wonder if The Smoking Gun will have his booking photo?

#13248 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

was used up legitimately.

Just one point of clarification. There was no possible 'legitimate' use. Kevin never had the license and people were paying for a product that was never delivered. Dont lose sight that he lied to everybody about having the license.

Kevin is in a sticky wicket. Produce records and you are on the hook. Run and they will find you. Dont produce records and you are going to prison. Fabricate records and there is already enough evidence to prove them fabricated and then you are in even more trouble.

#13249 7 years ago

For some reason the judge reminded me of the judge from the movie my cousin Vinny lol.

#13250 7 years ago
Quoted from Drewscruis:

For some reason the judge reminded me of the judge from the movie my cousin Vinny lol.

Na, Fred Gwynne? (AKA Herman Munster - RIP)

There are 18,488 posts in this topic. You are on page 265 of 370.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-skit-b-predator-discussion/page/265 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.