Topic Stats

• 18,269 posts
  • 815 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 37 days ago by Cobra99
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,540 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
194b3475e0440b8112afc0ac4ad5bf0ed0e8ec3db63fb4b6748a4f2e06a9865b (resized).jpg
31A053C2-4495-4E3E-980F-E5ADEA02F1DE (resized).jpeg
IMG_2933 (resized).JPG
beetlejuice-shrunken head (resized).jpg
2716720260_bc8966f6b1 (resized).jpg
D460F55E-AD42-43C6-91EB-B8162A84A094.gif
Screenshot_20190103-214734_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20181108-174321 (resized).png
Fife Appeal Sept 24 2018.pdf (PDF preview)
cat ooo 2.gif
7332539.attach (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

86 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 18269 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 366.
#1201 4 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Is it possible Kevin is being responsible by not shipping games until whatever issues are resolved? It would be somewhat reckless to ship games if there are underlying issues with licensing. I too was getting impatient with things and expressed this to Kevin via email about a month ago and he offered me my money back if I was no longer interested in staying in. He mentioned a few hurdles he's had to overcome that have slowed things down and I was satisfied enough with his explanation to decide to stay in. Hopefully he decides to communicate a little more with buyers to instil some confidence.

it was his responsibility to ensure he had a clear license before he even collected a dime...

try harder...

#1202 4 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Is it possible Kevin is being responsible by not shipping games until whatever issues are resolved? It would be somewhat reckless to ship games if there are underlying issues with licensing.

NOPE! In that case you cook the books and make it look like you shipped nothing. Deliver the product the customer paid for on the down low. THAT is what you do.

*EDIT* I read this as if Skit B was sitting on completed machines. I did not mean to imply that they should have built an unlicensed product to meet a customer promise. I still believe they had the license.

#1203 4 years ago

Yeah, when I signed up to buy the machine at expo 2012 I was promised a T shirt. Took my size and everything. Still hasn't shown up.

Haven't really seen anything they have said come true.

Kevin- just spill the damn beans, stop talking in shielded speak and let the chips fall where they may.
If the project is dead in the water, you owe it to the 250 people that have given you their hard earned money to be blatantly honest and refund their money.

If it's not dead in the water, you still need to just give the whole story and how you plan on fixing it.
All this speculation IS. NOT. GOOD.

#1204 4 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

it really is that simple, isn't it? collect money, have responsibility for that money...
blame everyone except the person who took the money... yea, that'll work...

It's some dude in Texas fault.

And that big evil company Fox.

#1205 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Prediction: "Free" upgrade to Experts of Dangerous for all Predator buyers.

That would be like...... the worst offer ever! Unreal.

#1206 4 years ago

Your the one trying "hard" to defame this project along with a bunch of other lemmings that have nothing better to do than spend countless hours talking trash about something that really has nothing to do with them. All you haters have expressed no interest in Predator or EOD so why come back to this thread and continuously spew verbal diarrhoea? Try going for a walk or something. It might do you good

Lemmings=Trolls

#1207 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Aurich said:
I've seen the email, but I don't want to be a dick to the people who've sent it to me, so I'll summarize:
Things aren't great, there are nefarious forces out to stop the project, but Kevin is committed to everyone, and you should watch out for more info. But in the meantime, feel anxious.
I wish I was joking, but that about sums it up. What a weird email to send. It would have been better to just stay not communicating then send that message.

Not what I read Aurich.

I have no skin in this game, but I've read the same email and agree with Aurich's summary. Sorry, my objective interpretation as well. I read it 3 times and showed it to another pinsider I was hanging with last night and we both netted out at the same understanding - based on it's cryptic writing.

Here's hoping for the best for those of you still in the project and SkitB.

#1208 4 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

In that case you cook the books and make it look like you shipped nothing. Deliver the product the customer paid for on the down low. THAT is what you do.

You must have taken Business 101 at the community college............

#1209 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

It is not one call, but multiple calls and messages until timing worked out for them and they found the right person to complain to at the right time.
I am not sure if you are familiar with a large corporation/business.....
No phone calls from meddleing kids = no red flags.

Whysnow, I'm not sure YOU are familiar with how any corporation operates based on some of these statements.

If you've ever even SEEN a contract from a company as big as FOX, you'd realize they tend to be EXTREMELY detailed is what's allowed and not allowed- to the point that ones eyes usually glass over. To suggest that they might not have been clear on things like online advertising and even the use of the WORD Predator is just insane, laughable, sad, or all three.

Also, to think a REAL licensing agreement would be so shoddy to make "phone calls from meddling kids" break it - it just beyond comprehension.

I know you are passionate and out this and have taken on the role of "Protector of the Faith" on pinside, but your increasingly shrill defense on their actions is becoming embarrassing.

Moreover, rather than blaming the critics, people here that convinced others NOT to seek refunds when perhaps they could have - should be rethinking their culpability in this problem now....

I hope no one loses their money and has to learn a hard lesson, but let's face it, the writing has been on the wall for some time on this....

The ramp up of EOD and the obscure status of predator (seriously, the side of Pfs in a box?!?!) might suggest a swap from predator to EOD has been the backup plan for some time....

#1210 4 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

You must have taken Business 101 at the community college............

lol I'm just saying customers first. You make shit happen for them. Refund everyone else you can't ship machines for. If you are going down, take care of everyone you can, while you can. That is what I'm saying

#1211 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Also, if PBN is involved in anyway I think they lose a ton of what credibility they have (I mean they already just report on pinball )

Wow. You're so desperate to throw anyone but Kevin under the bus on this that you'd write that? Really?

You don't like my summary of the email, fine. I wasn't being malicious about it, that's what I read, and other people agreed with me. But you can be mad at me all you want, I'll live.

But it's pretty lame to take a pillar of the community and just toss him under the wheels. Based on nothing by the way, because I know what you've been told. Has Kevin told you that he's talked to Martin himself?

You should watch what you say, stick to cheerleading the game, and not trying to smear other people.

#1212 4 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

All you haters

I have a hard time taking any post seriously that uses "haters".

I just picture a 12 year kid screaming into his Xbox headset, "haters gonna hate." Definitely not vernacular I associate with adults, but "whatevs".

#1213 4 years ago

lol I'm just saying customers first. You make shit happen for them. Refund everyone else you can't ship machines for. If you are going down take care of everyone you can. That is what I'm saying

lol I'm just saying customers first. You make shit happen for them. Refund everyone else you can't ship machines for. If you are going down take care of everyone you can. That is what I'm saying

I completely agree with this. Call me optimistic but I don't think the ship is sinking at this point. Down the road......who knows but I do think Kevin is going to work things out.

#1214 4 years ago

That is not smear Aurich.

ANYONE that is involved in the attempt to take down a project like this will lose any sliver of cred.

IF SkitB never had a license then of course that is a huge issue and they will take ultimate blame for lying to 250 pre-orders (I have no reason to think that is the case besides the continuous emails I keep getting from the 'anonymous' group from TX) , but I will still hold true that it is pretty sad if PBN is involved in bringing that to light in anyway. From what the TX guys say, they have been working with PBN on this 'story' for over 6 months?

#1215 4 years ago

Did you hear this from your 12 year old?

#1216 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I will still hold true that it is pretty sad if PBN is involved in bringing that to light in anyway.

If there is ANY truth to any of this, this is as big a news story as pinball gets.

#1217 4 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Did you hear this from your 12 year old?

I threw think in as a joke. Thankfully no they don't use whatevs but if I hear yolo one more time I may go postal. LOL

#1218 4 years ago

Aurich, I just don't see a need to feel anxious if SkitB is either gonna build the pins for preorders or refund the rest.

That's all.

Whysnow, take it down one notch man. You're stressing out here. So far so good.

Let's see what happens in next few weeks.

#1219 4 years ago

lol I'm just saying customers first. You make shit happen for them. Refund everyone else you can't ship machines for. If you are going down, take care of everyone you can, while you can. That is what I'm saying

Since (mostly because of SkitB) we are left to conjecture, here's what I think we're going to see:

A sad, mournful email that stated that due to circumstances beyond his control, Predator can't be made. The reasons will be vaguely shared, but there may be some inference that jealous interlopers conspired to make things harder.

The "good news" will be that that no one will be left "out to dry" and all Predator pre-payers will get - a discount off EOD. If they'd like a refund, it will have to come after SkitB can transfer their order to someone else waiting in line.

So you want to sue SkitB for not delivering Predator? Hmmm, what's Predator? See anything about predator on their website? Try finding a public statement that "the game" he's making is called predator.... All the updates I've seen over the last year or two talk about "the game"

Yes, plenty of conjecture there, but I think it now makes just as much sense as believing "everything is fine". AND conjecture will fill the vacuum of facts that SkitB has brought upon itself.

I'd love to be wrong.... But at least people may get "a game"

#1220 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

That is not smear Aurich.
ANYONE that is involved in the attempt to take down a project like this will lose any sliver of cred.
IF SkitB never had a license then of course that is a huge issue and they will take ultimate blame for lying to 250 pre-orders (I have no reason to think that is the case besides the continuous emails I keep getting from the 'anonymous' group from TX) , but I will still hold true that it is pretty sad if PBN is involved in bringing that to light in anyway. From what the TX guys say, they have been working with PBN on this 'story' for over 6 months?

"IF" SkitB never had a license and people brought it to PBN attention (confirmed with facts) I would expect PBN to contact Kevin first to address and get his side before publishing. We have no reason to believe PBN wouldn't do that. It's not a tabloid, it's a resource for the hobby.

"IF" grandma had balls she'd be grandpa. For what thats worth.

#1221 4 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

I hear yolo one more time I may go postal.

YOLO

#1222 4 years ago

You're grounded. No Xbox for a week.

#1223 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Aurich, I just don't see a need to feel anxious if SkitB is either gonna build the pins for preorders or refund the rest.
That's all.
Whysnow, take it down one notch man. You're stressing out here. So far so good.
Let's see what happens in next few weeks.

How much money has Kevin spent to date on Predator? That money is no longer available to refund as it has been used. I'm in on a JPOP game and we are in a similar situation, the only cure is to build games. After all this time there is no way enough money remains to refund everyone.. IMHO

#1224 4 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

No Xbox for a week.

Whats an Xbox?

#1225 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

If you want conjecture, I am guessing that

Quoted from Whysnow:

so I am sure you can connect the dots

Quoted from Whysnow:

have the ability to genuinely be responsible

Quoted from Whysnow:

I like to think

Quoted from Whysnow:

I am never sure what is real or not

Quoted from Whysnow:

I genuinely hope

Quoted from Whysnow:

That is all conjecture

Quoted from Whysnow:

This also assumes

Quoted from Whysnow:

again, all just conjecture based on the crap

Quoted from Whysnow:

more likely it shows

Quoted from Whysnow:

Not likely assuming

Quoted from Whysnow:

I am not sure how it works

Quoted from Whysnow:

I actually don't have any insider information

What are you trying to accomplish with posts like this? You are trying to protect Skit-B, but you are honestly doing more harm than good. These quotes are just from your last half a dozen posts or so. You are spinning this web of "supposed" sabotage and making everybody paranoid, but you HATE IT when other people post without the facts.

Take a deep breath man. Stop stirring the pot with information you don't have. It is not helping anybody.

#1226 4 years ago
stress_reduce_kit.jpeg
#1227 4 years ago

At this point just filter out "Whysnow" hehehe

#1228 4 years ago

Your previous girlfriend.

#1229 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

Your previous girlfriend

Shots Fired!!!!!

#1230 4 years ago

Err what has Pinball News really got to do with this? As someone who has had the pleasure of knowing Martin for the last few years, I really can't think of anyone less likely to post anything defamatory about any individuals or companies. He's someone who genuinely loves playing pinball and writing about it. It's a great site that supports all sorts of developments within the scene.
Whilst there may well be a very interesting story that comes out of all of this I really can't see him routing through people's dustbins to uncover their guilty little secrets.

#1231 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

So....people who disagree with you or express concern (such as Aurich) are attempting to take the project down?.....anyone who disagrees with you only has a sliver of credibility?

#1232 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

Your previous girlfriend.

Reminds me of the old joke about divorce.

Divorce: the f***ing get for the f***ing you got.

Truer words haven't been spoken, sadly.

#1234 4 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

So....people who disagree with you or express concern (such as Aurich) are attempting to take the project down?.....anyone who disagrees with you only has a sliver of credibility?

Not at all.

Anyone that went out of their way to contact Fox, send emails unsolicited to Preorder people attempting to instill fear, posted with the main purpose of trying to kill Predator, the crew from Tx that have been behind much of this witch hunt...

Those people have little credibility

#1235 4 years ago

It is very interesting to watch the Stockholm like symptoms that are being displayed by some of the people who have paid money to Kevin.

Wow.

#1236 4 years ago

I haven't been on this board in 6 months and a certain super zero from WI is still an F-tard. Guess I didn't miss anything.

#1237 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

image.jpg

#1238 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Anyone that went out of their way to contact Fox, send emails unsolicited to Preorder people attempting to instill fear, posted with the main purpose of trying to kill Predator, the crew from Tx that have been behind much of this witch hunt...

Why?

Why shouldn't people have gone "out of their way to contact Fox" to find out if Skit-B had a valid license for Predator given what's been going on for God knows how long now?? Are you freaking serious?

And what is wrong with someone sending emails to Predator owners if they felt that they had some information that would lead them to believe that Skit-B didn't have the Predator license? Those people could take that information and do with it what they like, including, if they believed it enough, ask for a refund sooner rather than later.

What does any of that have to do with credibility?

And your comments regarding PBN losing credibility actually makes you lose credibility.

#1239 4 years ago
Quoted from Marc:

I haven't been on this board in 6 months and a certain super zero from WI is still an F-tard. Guess I didn't miss anything.

Thanks buddy. The sentiment is mutual

#1240 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Thanks buddy. The sentiment is mutual

Never named you. Guilty conscious I guess.

#1241 4 years ago

What did the update say about when games will ship?

#1242 4 years ago

So the logic here is that if PBN was in any way doing some investigative reporting to see if Skit-B actually had the Predator license from Fox, they have LOST ALL CREDIBILITY!!!!?

#1243 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

That's all.

That doesn't make you feel anxious? I mean, great, say you can get your money back. Cool. Is that what anyone really wants? Well, maybe now they just want their money back. But I presume that people who paid would rather see the pin.

Quoted from johngravenews:

Err what has Pinball News really got to do with this? As someone who has had the pleasure of knowing Martin for the last few years, I really can't think of anyone less likely to post anything defamatory about any individuals or companies. He's someone who genuinely loves playing pinball and writing about it. It's a great site that supports all sorts of developments within the scene.
Whilst there may well be a very interesting story that comes out of all of this I really can't see him routing through people's dustbins to uncover their guilty little secrets.

You'll probably see a story on this on Pinball News sooner rather than later. But you don't blame the journalists for covering the story, they just report the news, they don't create it.

It's like trying to blame Watergate on the reporters, instead of Nixon.

Beyond that though, the premise is just ridiculous. Does anyone here thing they could stop Stern from shipping WWE by making a few phone calls?

"Hey, um, is this the WWE office? Uh, does Stern have the license to make a WWE game? Oh, they do? Uh, could you like, take it away from them? I don't like wrestling."

#1244 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Beyond that though, the premise is just ridiculous. Does anyone here thing they could stop Stern from shipping WWE by making a few phone calls?

"Hey, um, does Stern have the license to make a WWE game? Oh, they do? Uh, could you like, take it away from them? I don't like wrestling."

All these companies are in the business of making money. No one would just "rip up" a deal, for fun, because some meddling kids called, and not collect their royalties.

#1245 4 years ago

Seems like things are getting pretty heated. I keep seeing "guy who likes attention in Texas" and "Texas group" thrown around. I happen to live in Texas, what a coincidence. Let me just say a few things and then I will head back to the hospital where my attention has been focused for a month now.

1. I have never called Fox in my life for any reason.
2. I have never sent an email to Fox in my life for any reason.
3. I was once on Fox news in Dallas for something, but that ends my communication (ever) with Fox.
4. I never claimed to have personally contacted Fox via PM on pinside, and should anyone press on about how I did, screen-shots and records will prove my innocence and insert foots into mouths.
5. I have never sent or received any emails around regarding the predator pinball.
6. The last time I talked to Martin of Pinball news was casually in passing at Expo 2014. Nice guy, respect him very much.

Even today, 3/1/15, I will go on record as saying that I hope that everyone in on predator get's their games soon and enjoys them. I wish the best for Skit-B and all of the pinball enthusiasts who supported them.

I have got other things to attend to, so I am stepping out. Someone text me if something big happens.

-Jared

#1246 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Does anyone here thing they could stop Stern from shipping WWE by making a few phone calls?

Didn't work- hard as I tried!

#1247 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

...Does anyone here thing they could stop Stern from shipping WWE by making a few phone calls?
"Hey, um, is this the WWE office? Uh, does Stern have the license to make a WWE game? Oh, they do? Uh, could you like, take it away from them? I don't like wrestling."

man... if that's all it would have taken on WWE...

#1248 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

So the logic here is that if PBN was in any way doing some investigative reporting to see if Skit-B actually had the Predator license from Fox, they have LOST ALL CREDIBILITY!!!!?

considering some of the twisted logic displayed in this thread, it doesn't surprise me that some have convinced themselves of this...

#1249 4 years ago

I told ya, Hilton: expensive and **painful**

#1250 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Does anyone here thing they could stop Stern from shipping WWE by making a few phone calls?

Some people tried to do this to Stern concerning Star Trek. There's some guys in Texas that have proof Spock was murdered over it.

Post edited by Mr68: Too soon

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Flipper Parts
Buthamburg
$ 4.95
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 209.99
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple
$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 18269 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 366.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside