Topic Stats

• 18,272 posts
  • 815 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,540 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
194b3475e0440b8112afc0ac4ad5bf0ed0e8ec3db63fb4b6748a4f2e06a9865b (resized).jpg
31A053C2-4495-4E3E-980F-E5ADEA02F1DE (resized).jpeg
IMG_2933 (resized).JPG
beetlejuice-shrunken head (resized).jpg
2716720260_bc8966f6b1 (resized).jpg
D460F55E-AD42-43C6-91EB-B8162A84A094.gif
Screenshot_20190103-214734_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20181108-174321 (resized).png
Fife Appeal Sept 24 2018.pdf (PDF preview)
cat ooo 2.gif
7332539.attach (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

86 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 18272 posts in this topic. You are on page 248 of 366.
#12351 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Kevin is the POS that broke the law.
How anyone can point at the whistleblowers is beyond me.

When I first joined Pinside, I got caught up reading the Predator thread and came close to buying in. I didn't only because I have never pre-ordered something and decided I wasn't going to start now on a high ticket item. Plus the gameplay video ultimately didn't thrill me in the end.

Had I pre-ordered, I would certainly be pissed at the whistleblowers who ultimately lost my money and any chance of getting the Predator pinball. Who knows what would've happened had no one tipped off Fox? But there would've been a better chance for people to have something to show for their money had they not.

#12352 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I got caught up reading the Predator thread and came close to buying in.

I read it too and said WTF?

Quoted from PoMC:

I would certainly be pissed at the whistleblowers who ultimately lost my money

The whistleblowers had the money and lost it?

#12353 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

When I first joined Pinside, I got caught up reading the Predator thread and came close to buying in. I didn't only because I have never pre-ordered something and decided I wasn't going to start now on a high ticket item. Plus the gameplay video ultimately didn't thrill me in the end.
Had I pre-ordered, I would certainly be pissed at the whistleblowers who ultimately lost my money and any chance of getting the Predator pinball. Who knows what would've happened had no one tipped off Fox? But there would've been a better chance for people to have something to show for their money had they not.

Look at Kevin.

Do you honestly think he has the capability to build 250 machines?

I own a very successful business...I don't have the capability to build 250 machines.

#12354 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Look at Kevin.
Do you honestly think he has the capability to build 250 machines?
I own a very successful business...I don't have the capability to build 250 machines.

When I joined Pinside over 3 years ago, I didn't know anything about Kevin or how much effort it would've taken to build 250 pins. I just saw all the excitement about it in the thread and kind of got caught up in that.

#12355 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

They had a hand in losing any chance the pin would be completed and delivered, certainly. There's no doubt about that because Fox knew nothing about the project until anonymous dropped the dime.

#12356 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The whistleblowjobs could have come forward with the information immediately and a LARGE portion of the people that paid into the scam could have charged back their money through PayPal or their individual credit card companies. That's the problem with how things played out.

Hopefully the website with the 'breaking news' got a lot of advertising traffic and click dollars...

#12357 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

They had a hand in losing any chance the pin would be completed and delivered, certainly.

Oh, I thought it was because there was no license to begin with and it was just a big con taking advantage of peoples wants for a pinball machine themed after a movie they like.

#12358 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Oh, I thought it was because there was no license to begin with and it was just a big con taking advantage of peoples wants for a pinball machine themed after a movie they like.

Just my opinion. And that's ok.

#12359 2 years ago

Oh look, the witch hunters are back. Fuck you guys, seriously. It was clear Predator was a scam and Kevin knew it when all references of he game were scrubbed from their website. This was discussed here, and people were too naive to believe it. This is ONLY Kevin's fault. The people who investigated and outed the situation were only confirming what had been obvious for a year - and relaying information that was inevitable. Kevin had no means to build those games - and as time had passed, enough pissed off customers would have eventually been calling Fox to get answers.

Seems like you witch hunting assholes have to be reminded of this every so often: KEVIN KULEK IS THE CRIMINAL. those who dug up the truth owe you NOTHING.

#12360 2 years ago

Guys, the license and whistleblowing isn't even relevant. They're just odd details in the overall story that can best be simplified this way:

- Guy says he's building a game, but knows he can't build 250 of them.
- Guy takes deposits, keeps the project looking as legit as possible to collect max number of preorders, still knowing that he can't build 250 pinball machines
- Guy leads people on for as long as he can, still knowing that he can't build 250 pinball machines
- The story starts to crack, so the guy starts making any excuse to buy time to hide/spend the deposit money while still knowing that he can't build 250 pinball machines
- Guy tries to disappear and remove evidence of the money collecting scam having known all the while that he could never build 250 pinball machines

Kevin never intended to build 250 pinball machines. Kevin intended to build a few to extend the viability of his story. He was always going to "fail" in his efforts, and he was hoping that he could make off with the money and that the community would blame circumstances outside of his control (license wasn't as expected, Mercury was aligned with Venus, etc.). He hoped that on some level people would feel sorry that his dream of bringing the game to market was crushed.

Nobody bought his story and they all realized it was a scam. When they wanted the money back, I think he was legit surprised that he hadn't fooled everybody. He's now in a scramble and hoping that it all dies down. It's not going to. The law has ruled against him, and he will eventually face some level of justice for this all. Who knows if it will be fair punishment?

tl;dr - it was a scam from the get go, unfortunately it got exposed before the majority of people could get their money back in hand. Kevin is 100% to blame for all that happened.

#12361 2 years ago

so, when's Kevin Douchebag going to jail?
any news?
how much more of everyone's money is he still spending?
wonder how much he still has stashed away?
wonder where it is stashed (bank, buried, under wife's wig) ?

#12362 2 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

so, when's Kevin douchebag going to jail?

I have heard the authorities are discussing his apprehension as we speak.

rb_Stills_dudley (resized).jpg

#12363 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

They had a hand in losing any chance the pin would be completed and delivered, certainly. There's no doubt about that because Fox knew nothing about the project until anonymous dropped the dime.

McDonald's makes you fat and clogs your arteries. Thought I'd get that out there before you blame us for not letting you know the obvious.

#12364 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I just saw all the excitement about it in the thread and kind of got caught up in that.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-are-you-buying-skit-bs-predator

Take a look at the above thread Kevin was the man who could do no wrong...Crazy!!

#12365 2 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

tl;dr - it was a scam from the get go, unfortunately it got exposed before the majority of people could get their money back in hand. Kevin is 100% to blame for all that happened.

That doesn't even make sense.

If it was a scam from the get go, then the majority of people were never going to get their money back.

#12366 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

That doesn't even make sense.
If it was a scam from the get go, then the majority of people were never going to get their money back.

I worded that poorly. Unfortunately people weren't able to get their money back before Kevin realized the scam was exposed and went into hiding with it.

#12367 2 years ago
Quoted from jasonp:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-are-you-buying-skit-bs-predator
Take a look at the above thread Kevin was the man who could do no wrong...Crazy!!

He had plenty of enablers, that's for sure. Some of them were certainly more vocal and adamant than others in terms of shouting down the naysayers. The king of Predator/Kevin Kulek enablers goes by the name of Whysnow. The same guy who seems to place as much blame on the so called "whistleblowers" as he does Kevin Kulek.

#12368 2 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I worded that poorly. Unfortunately people weren't able to get their money back before Kevin realized the scam was exposed and went into hiding with it.

Exactly.

#12369 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

He had plenty of enablers, that's for sure. Some of them were certainly more vocal and adamant than others in terms of shouting down the naysayers. The king of Predator/Kevin Kulek enablers goes by the name of Whysnow. The same guy who seems to place as much blame on the so called "whistleblowers" as he does Kevin Kulek.

Isnt that the truth.

#12370 2 years ago

Did we ever find out what happened with his partner, Aaron? You never hear him mentioned and I know at some point he left Skit-B, but he was just as much involved as Kevin at the beginning and giving presentations at the shows. Did he ever give his side of the story and what Kevin knew when?

#12371 2 years ago
Quoted from Strohz:

Did we ever find out what happened with his partner, Aaron? You never hear him mentioned and I know at some point he left Skit-B, but he was just as much involved as Kevin at the beginning and giving presentations at the shows. Did he ever give his side of the story and what Kevin knew when?

Kevin probably bought him a laptop too.

#12372 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

The same guy who seems to place as much blame on the so called "whistleblowers" as he does Kevin Kulek.

you seem completely incapable of understanding there are 2 completely different situations and in those situations, both Kulek and the whistleblowers (that is the wrong term) are assholes.

Situation 1 >> Predator scam and Kevin takes money = Kevin is an asshole
Situation 2 >> team anonymous 'investigates' by calling Fox, gets confirmation it is all a scam, pulls out their money and their buddies also get money back via paypal chargebacks or directly from Kevin, sits on the details, and then finally publishes BS wordpress vindictive crap after they waited for the time span for chargebacks to lapse. They did this purposefully and to "teach the community a lesson". They single handedly had the ability to publish the info earlier and enable others to be within the chargeback period but waited. = annonymous are ALSO assholes.

It is not mutually exclusive for both Kevin and the Annonymous players to be pricks. In fact, they both are.

#12373 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

He had plenty of enablers, that's for sure.

Going back and looking at some of the early threads, no doubt about that! Pinside as a whole, enabled it to go on and on without much doubt.

When throwing that kind of money out there for an unknown result, a little homework never hurts.

Kudos to those that were wise enough to do their own research about the license and get their money back.

#12374 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Kudos to those that were wise enough to do their own research about the license and get their money back.

Kudos to them?

No, Whysnow says that they are all assholes! They should not have done their homework because that is what exposed the whole sham. Ignorance would have been much better for everyone involved. You know, so they could have paid even more money to Kevin as "production got closer."

#12375 2 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Then why the cabinet company setup?
Then why the parts runs?
Then why spend money on title two? You think the Mythbusters just showed up for free??

I don't agree with your interpretation of things at all (nor your style of posting them as facts.. when its your own belief.. not cited facts at all).

It's my belief the dodo thought he had worked out some genius way to build these themed games without having to go through the normal licensing model. He really thought it, and convinced himself of it. Then when reality started knocking, he lied to keep up the charade... convinced that he could still do it on the down-low. But when the actual lawyers started coming... he really had to pinch his cheeks and tried to hide the project thinking it could still somehow happen... but it was too late. At that point, it was lies to protect the other lies as most liars do and everything fell apart. From there, being the completely irresponsible person he was.. he thought he could just hide from it all and it would just blow over. But now with the actual legal system cranking along... that will never happen fortunately.

#12376 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

It's my belief the dodo thought he had worked out some genius way to build these themed games without having to go through the normal licensing model. He really thought it, and convinced himself of it. Then when reality started knocking, he lied to keep up the charade... convinced that he could still do it on the down-low. But when the actual lawyers started coming... he really had to pinch his cheeks and tried to hide the project thinking it could still somehow happen... but it was too late. At that point, it was lies to protect the other lies as most liars do and everything fell apart. From there, being the completely irresponsible person he was.. he thought he could just hide from it all and it would just blow over.

I agree with this summary 100%. I think this is exactly how it all went down.

#12377 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

They did this purposefully and to "teach the community a lesson". They single handedly had the ability to publish the info earlier and enable others to be within the chargeback period but waited. = annonymous are ALSO assholes.

well sometimes people reap what they sow... Maybe the way defenders went about things is what caused those in the know to be vindictive back. The history is all out there.. frankly IMO you have little ground to stand on given the behavior prior. You went out swinging.. and as Icecube put it... You got knocked the f out. Now you use everyone's loss as a way to hide from facing your own consequences in the whole lead up to that point.

I'm glad you are motivated to help fund the actions against Kevin now.. but you are not innocent in that decision to not be informed earlier.

#12378 2 years ago

Call me an asshole, but if I investigated a program that I was invested into, and found it to be a house of cards, first thing I would do is pull my money.

#12379 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

well sometimes people reap what they sow... Maybe the way defenders went about things is what caused those in the know to be vindictive back. The history is all out there.. frankly IMO you have little ground to stand on given the behavior prior. You went out swinging.. and as Icecube put it... You got knocked the f out. Now you use everyone's loss as a way to hide from facing your own consequences in the whole lead up to that point.
I'm glad you are motivated to help fund the actions against Kevin now.. but you are not innocent in that decision to not be informed earlier.

I will say you have some serious and deep rooted issues and insecurities which are often manifested in your personal attacks against others and inability to forgive. You may want to take some counseling or figure out a way to let things go, esp when you were not actually involved and never even had money in on this. Never have I met (online because of course you are an enigma and never let your real name known) a person so incapable of forgiving for something they have no actual vesting in but are o so concerned...

How many times do I need to apologize for being wrong and #1 defender when Predator was alive? How much am I supposed to do in your shallow eyes to earn forgivance? I dont really care, but just curious. Worth mention that it is super easy to sit back and cast stones in this era, while forgetting the magical times we were in just a few years ago in the pinball world; a time with excitement and people were willing to toss judgement to the side for the hope, wish, and support of a startup company with a dream that many of us held ourselves. Always seems to be another situation and another asshole out there unfortunately.

I have been more than up front that I screwed up and in fact I am pretty sure I have apologized at least once prior do to your continual bashing. How many more do I need to be in your good graces, lol. You do know the 2 outcomes of kicking a dog while they are down, dont you?

#12380 2 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

Call me an asshole, but if I investigated a program that I was invested into, and found it to be a house of cards, first thing I would do is pull my money.

Anyone who says differently is either lying, or an idiot.

#12381 2 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

guessing as soon as you got your money, you would not sit on the info for a few months?

#12382 2 years ago

Why would anyone give a guy...dressed in a pirate suit...in the middle of winter in Michigan... any money? Wow! This is a crazy ass story.

#12383 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I will say you have some serious and deep rooted issues and insecurities which are often manifested in your personal attacks against others and inability to forgive

Stability lecture coming from whysnow? I LOL'd It's even more funny because you think this is some lack of forgiveness vs simply owning your actions. I wasn't chastising you or bringing up old blood. You did when you go and try to retell history with some convenient omissions.... and then continue on with your 'I know all the real truth.. and I'll talk about me knowing it, but I won't actually say things outright' posts.

You go on about how the anonymous group screwed you and others and how they were assholes... This isn't anything to do with forgiveness.. it's about your lack of objectivity in accepting your own part in what lead to that outcome. Forgiving your past actions doesn't rewrite history. You are pissed the group did some vindictive things... maybe they did... but it wasn't in a vacuum nor out of the blue. Apologies don't change that truth... simply how people move forward.

Quoted from Whysnow:

Never have I met (online because of course you are an enigma and never let your real name known) a person so incapable of forgiving for something they have no actual vesting in but are o so concerned...

My 'forgiving' or not has nothing to do with acknowledging what transpired. And as an 'enigma'... that is again you leaping where you want the mark to be.. vs doing any actual effort to find reality. I've used this handle for more than 25 years. I don't hide who I am and plenty of people know me in the hobby online and in person. Just because YOU can't spend 60seconds with google doesn't mean I'm some anonymous troll.

#12384 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

guessing as soon as you got your money, you would not sit on the info for a few months?

And this is the root of your frustration. You need to understand that the fact that someone did their homework, shared it with their friends, and did not share it with you is perfectly acceptable behavior. Especially when you were going all out in defense of Predator/Kevin (even when faced with evidence that things were falling apart behind the scenes.) It is great that you apologized, felt bad for having mislead so many people, was duped with the best of them, etc., but you are doing the same thing right now trying to villainize "anonymous" as you did when defending Predator. You hold some things to be self evident while the rest of us just don't see it that way, but you must fight to be right. I followed your comments in https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/predator-a-scam and I am following them right now, and I still don't get your M.O.

Screen Shot 2016-12-28 at 6.33.56 PM (resized).png

#12385 2 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

The question that is most pertinent to the conversation is - How many months would you sit on that information before telling others?

#12386 2 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

How many months would you sit on that information before telling others?

I'm sure Fox figured it out as soon as the license inquiries started coming in.

#12387 2 years ago

60 posts in an afternoon in this thread and nobody is e-fistbumping because Kevin is in jail? There really needs to be zero posts in this thread until Hack Sparrow is trying to figure out how to get a dog to find the cell key.

#12388 2 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

and did not share it with you is perfectly acceptable behavior

100%

I fully accept that and have never said the contrary. You have to accept that outside of me and any personal vendetta against me due to my outspoken words and defense (ignorantly and incorrectly in hindsight), that the 'anonymous' people specifically withheld the info from the larger community because they purposefully took joy in helping ensure people were taught the hard lesson of losing the money. Some of them have other motives behind that decision. These sick fuckers try to justify their actions by saying Whysnow deserved it... maybe I did, but I can assure you the hundreds of other pinheads just chasing a dream did not.

Anonymous had the full write up, the full evidence, and the full details and choose to wait for months because they wanted the shit to hit the fan completely. I can layout the timeline but dont feel like putting forth the effort right now. In short they knew and had all the info prior to the expiration of the paypal charge back date for the majority of people. They just sat and waited.

You dont get my MO? You dont get much then. My MO is to make Kevin fry and I have been leading the fight to do so. Dont lose sight of that.

As for anonymous, they will eventually be outed when things are done on the legal front. Not by me, but my someone else.

#12389 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

100%
I fully accept that and have never said the contrary. You have to accept that outside of me and any personal vendetta against me due to my outspoken words and defense (ignorantly and incorrectly in hindsight), that the 'anonymous' people specifically withheld the info from the larger community because they purposefully took joy in helping ensure people were taught the hard lesson of losing the money. Some of them have other motives behind that decision. These sick fuckers try to justify their actions by saying Whysnow deserved it... maybe I did, but I can assure you the hundreds of other pinheads just chasing a dream did not.
Anonymous had the full write up, the full evidence, and the full details and choose to wait for months because they wanted the shit to hit the fan completely. I can layout the timeline but dont feel like putting forth the effort right now. In short they knew and had all the info prior to the expiration of the paypal charge back date for the majority of people. They just sat and waited.
You dont get my MO? You dont get much then. My MO is to make Kevin fry and I have been leading the fight to do so. Dont lose sight of that.
As for anonymous, they will eventually be outed when things are done on the legal front. Not by me, but my someone else.

I am guessing these are the same people who have been buying parts, etc. from Kevin on the side already.

#12390 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Yet you spend the prior dozen or so lines of text justifying why Anonymous is bad and you are "right". If your MO is "to make Kevin fry", why wax and wane for so long on Anonymous? When it comes to what you post on Pinside, I really don't get much out of it.

#12391 2 years ago

Ugh, Hilton. I'm sorry you lost your money, but it's not the anonymous group's fault you didn't see the obvious signs a year or so before the bomb dropped. You could have asked for a refund when all the Predator stuff was scrubbed from the website. You could have asked for a refund when the delays made it clear there were problems AND no plan for manufacturing ability. Stop blaming them for Kevin's crimes and your own naïveté. You're like the people who blame Pinside for Jpop's failure. Oh wait, one person does that - JPOP. Jpop's a douche. Don't be a Jpop.

#12392 2 years ago

When I put myself in anonymous' shoes I say,

"Heck ya, I got my money back! Now I'm bailing from this whole scene...I'm over it!"

#12393 2 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

If your MO is "to make Kevin fry", why wax and wane for so long on Anonymous?

Apples to oranges, but hey, how many people on here would even give two shits about Kevin right now if they were able to charge back through PayPal/CC company when Kevin wouldn't refund their money when it was clear what his true intentions were, within the charge back window, if that information was specifically shared WHEN the whistleblowjobs confirmed it?

Were they worried they wouldn't get their money when there was a run on the bank of Kevin?
... No, chargebacks would have covered *almost* everyone involved.

Did they not consider the charge back window?
...Doubtful.

Were they unsure with their information and didn't want to shat on some guys 'business'?
...Possibly.

Did they find some key information, keep it in their inner circle, turn it to their own advantage and possibly gain something, and then sit and spin on it for a few months?
...More than Likely, and yes, depending who you vote for.

Kevin can eat Clorox either way. But, had the information been made public when it was found out, I'd wager ~95% of people in on Predator would have been able to charge their money back through appropriate channels and would have moved on unscathed and this would be a NON issue... Yet, here we are where 98% got hosed because five people (?) "don't owe anyone on here anything"

#12394 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Ugh, Hilton. I'm sorry you lost your money, but it's not the anonymous group's fault you didn't see the obvious signs a year or so before the bomb dropped. You could have asked for a refund when all the Predator stuff was scrubbed from the website. You could have asked for a refund when the delays made it clear there were problems AND no plan for manufacturing ability. Stop blaming them for Kevin's crimes and your own naïveté. You're like the people who blame Pinside for Jpop's failure. Oh wait, one person does that - JPOP. Jpop's a douche. Don't be a Jpop.

You dont seem to comprehend. I dont blame anonymous for any of the things kevin did. I dont blame them for me being taken. That is all on me.

I am honestly not sure if you completely fail at reading comprehension or you are just coming for the fun of the personal attack?

#12395 2 years ago

I'm just posting cause I mis-clicked

#12396 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am honestly not sure if you completely fail at reading comprehension or you are just coming for the fun of the personal attack?

No, my comprehension is fine. You practically get off on the idea of "revenge" by "outting" a group of people who's only "crime" was investigating and and revealing facts. You're just sore that they went digging for details while you sat there dangling from Kevin's sack. The irony is - you claim to know who they are, but want someone else to do the dirty work and reveal them!!!! HAH!

I only WISH I was part of the anonymous group so when they get "outted" I could say "Yeah? So? Fuck you!" Outting them will do nothing but allow a few creeps to sneer and point for a day while everyone else says "Who cares, Kevin is the criminal...moving on..."

#12397 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

No, my comprehension is fine. You practically get off on the idea of "revenge" by "outting" a group of people who's only "crime" was investigating and and revealing facts. You're just sore that they went digging for details while you sat there dangling from Kevin's sack. The irony is - you claim to know who they are, but want someone else to do the dirty work and reveal them!!!! HAH!
I only WISH I was part of the anonymous group so when they get "outted" I could say "Yeah? So? Fuck you!" Outting them will do nothing but allow a few creeps to sneer and point for a day while everyone else says "Who cares, Kevin is the criminal...moving on..."

not at all. I will get nothing out of anonymous being brought to light, nor is someone else doing my dirty work. There is someone way more skillful than me whom pieced together the players and have held off on telling the details to people so things can proceed with the legal stuff. I am thankful that they have held off as that is the primary directive.

The reason behind the anonymous group unfortunately goes deeper than what you elude to (guessing you have an idea of some of the people involved given your circles and your choice of defense/wording) and if/when the full story comes to light then I am pretty sure much of the community will actually care.

Back on the topic at hand, when is Kevin going to be brought in by the Marshalls?

#12398 2 years ago

Anonymous getting their money and their friends money out first, I think most, if not all of us, can agree is was what we would do. The then sitting on the info for an extended period of time, where there was no upside to them, but downside for many others, is not something I would do, and don't think most would do, once at that point where I was made whole and my close friends were made whole, I would have shared that info so as many others as possible could have gotten money back via Credit card or paypal charge backs. If it is true they deliberately did not share the info just to 'teach others a leasson', I think that is vindictive crap against the wrong group of people. I believe they said that the lawyers at fox asked them not to, but, I would tend to feel I owe more to the community I belong to then to some lawyer/corporation, I have no real relationship with.

We all know whysnow is extremely passionate about most things pinball related, and we all know he was a very vocal supporter of Kevin, if not the most vocal supporter, but he has also apologized many, may times for that and has been very active and vocal in the fight against Kevin. He will always carry that 'label' of supporter/enabler, but I don't think we need to bring it up each time he gets vocal again (although Hilton, maybe it would be a good idea to not get involved in debates about the past actions of others relative to this, other then Kevin, if you don't want your past actions to once again be brought to the top of the discussion).

#12399 2 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

Apples to oranges, but hey, how many people on here would even give two shits about Kevin right now if they were able to charge back through PayPal/CC company when Kevin wouldn't refund their money when it was clear what his true intentions were, within the charge back window, if that information was specifically shared WHEN the whistleblowjobs confirmed it?
Were they worried they wouldn't get their money when there was a run on the bank of Kevin?
... No, chargebacks would have covered *almost* everyone involved.
Did they not consider the charge back window?
...Doubtful.
Were they unsure with their information and didn't want to shat on some guys 'business'?
...Possibly.
Did they find some key information, keep it in their inner circle, turn it to their own advantage and possibly gain something, and then sit and spin on it for a few months?
...More than Likely, and yes, depending who you vote for.
Kevin can eat Clorox either way. But, had the information been made public when it was found out, I'd wager ~95% of people in on Predator would have been able to charge their money back through appropriate channels and would have moved on unscathed and this would be a NON issue... Yet, here we are where 98% got hosed because five people (?) "don't owe anyone on here anything"

Another thing I don't get with those on the side of this deep conspiracy hypothesis: you claim that it is a fight against the "community" to teach them a lesson. As part of that community, you are the victims of the lesson or claim to be fighting on behalf of the community. But you don't really care to support the community's platform for communication even at the most basic level. Why don't you both contribute $5 to Pinside and get a heart, or make that grey heart red? If you need help, just PM me and I'll make the donation on your behalf.

Screen Shot 2016-12-29 at 9.03.21 AM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2016-12-29 at 9.03.29 AM (resized).png

#12400 2 years ago

Edited: Eh, not my place to talk

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
$ 7.95
Various Novelties
Pinball Wheezer
$ 20.90
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Haus
$ 128.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Electronics
TheDudeMods
$ 68.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
£ 58.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 69.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 17.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BK Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
There are 18272 posts in this topic. You are on page 248 of 366.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside