Topic Stats

• 18,301 posts
  • 815 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,544 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

72329539_10219705910182373_6362298985876553728_n (resized).jpg
pirateplayersclub (resized).jpg
case against keith.pdf (PDF preview)
_2_16-21030.pdf (PDF preview)
Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
194b3475e0440b8112afc0ac4ad5bf0ed0e8ec3db63fb4b6748a4f2e06a9865b (resized).jpg
31A053C2-4495-4E3E-980F-E5ADEA02F1DE (resized).jpeg
IMG_2933 (resized).JPG
beetlejuice-shrunken head (resized).jpg
2716720260_bc8966f6b1 (resized).jpg
D460F55E-AD42-43C6-91EB-B8162A84A094.gif
Screenshot_20190103-214734_Facebook (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

86 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 18301 posts in this topic. You are on page 244 of 367.
#12153 2 years ago

Kevin: "It wasn't me, it was the one armed man."

IMG_0613 (resized).PNG

#12154 2 years ago

Do you think he reads this?

Drained it?

Will anyone admit that they have spoken to him
recently?

#12155 2 years ago

Definitely reads it. If people were posting online about something you did that could send you to the pokey who wouldn't read it?

#12156 2 years ago

think he & his wife read this thread while they make crack?

#12157 2 years ago

Start a fundraiser for a reward, someone will rat him out for holiday cash or drug money.

#12158 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Wouldn't the US Marshals actively pursue a warrant, unlike the situation you describe with local cops?

Depends on the type of warrent issued. My guess is this is a bench warrent which basically works the way vid mentioned. If he gets pulled over for speeding or having a light out he's screwed and hailed to jail.. Ihad to drive my buddy's car home one time because he got pulled over for not using a blinker and had one of these bench warrent s for some stupid shit lol

#12159 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Will anyone admit that they have spoken to him
recently?

This is what I was wondering. Surely someone actually talks to him (occasionally) and has some inside info they could provide. The hobby is small...

#12160 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Start a fundraiser for a reward, someone will rat him out for holiday cash or drug money.

finally something that crowd funding really should be used for in the community

#12161 2 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Depends on the type of warrent issued.

My understanding is this is the type of warrant where they come unannounced and break in the door. Given the amount of money and other things they know from discovery there is good chance the Marshalls themselves will execute the warrant rather than handing it off.

It is really just a matter of time and they like to keep people on their toes is what I understand; get them when they let their guard down.

I am sure Kevin is reading this, so enjoy your holidays buddy... They could come get you at anytime

I know my holiday season just keeps getting better. Timing is perfect for this all to start boiling over.

#12162 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

...this is the type of warrant where they come unannounced and break in the door.

Quoted from Whysnow:

They could come get you at anytime.

#12163 2 years ago

I wish there was a way to get his arrest and apprehension on video and make it available as a stream or something. I'd pay to watch it, money collected could be used towards restitution.

#12164 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

I wish there was a way to get his arrest and apprehension on video and make it available as a stream or something. I'd pay to watch it, money collected could be used towards restitution.

You would have to know when some domestic disturbance would occur at his residence so that you could have multi angle coverage of the police arrival.

Otherwise, if you just wanted to capture the moment organically, some motion sensing "stealth deer cameras" hidden around the property would only record when there was heat and motion; and would be cheaper than real **surveillance** cams.

#12165 2 years ago

I cannot imagine the police actively looking for Kevin. Highly doubtful. There are two types of warrants in Michigan (I assume like most places.) Bench warrants and arrest warrants. This is clearly a bench warrant situation as no serious crime has been committed.

"Bench warrants are usually used in both civil and criminal cases. In a criminal case, a bench warrant is issued when a defendant does not appear for a court date. In a civil case, a bench warrant may be issued for a subpoena'd witness."

http://blogs.lawyers.com/attorney/criminal-law/the-difference-between-a-bench-and-arrest-warrant-27663/

SO, I'm curious Keith what else can be done until Kevin is picked up because of something else? What happens if Kevin is not arrested in time for a decision on his bankruptcy case? Does that just keep getting delayed forever?

#12166 2 years ago

Up here in the Great White North, cruisers have adopted plate readers.
Plate readers optically read vehicle plates / tags, which automatically then identify and alert the officer on rolling patrol. Drivers as well vehicles which may have issues are immediately followed and / or pulled over.
I'm uncertain if Michigan has adopted this technology or not.

#12167 2 years ago

What if everyone here just keeps calling the police about the warrant being issued & this "predator" needing to be picked up, until it finally happens. Volume community pressure changes police behavior every time.

#12168 2 years ago

The Pinconning predator

#12169 2 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

The Pinconning predator

Narrated by Keith Morrison.

#12170 2 years ago

Couldn't someone just call the local police and have them drop by his house and do a welfare check.
The police will need to see him and speak to him just to make sure hes safe and okay.

#12172 2 years ago

This is what i picture.....

10-oj-bronco-freeway.w529.h352 (resized).jpg

#12173 2 years ago
Quoted from fast_in_muskoka:

Up here in the Great White North, cruisers have adopted plate readers.
Plate readers optically read vehicle plates / tags, which automatically then identify and alert the officer on rolling patrol. Drivers as well vehicles which may have issues are immediately followed and / or pulled over.
I'm uncertain if Michigan has adopted this technology or not.

It depends on the municipality, but many of them do have readers now. When he gets pulled over he will get locked up if it is a warrant issued by the U.S. Marshall's because they will pick him up from the arresting department...usually. Many losers out there have misdemeanor warrants from Detroit PD (as an example) and often Detroit does not have the manpower to pick the prisoner up from even 15 miles away. So they tell the arresting department to cut the guy loose for some lowball amount of bond with instructions to appear at the court on his own (sure he will....right?). It is not as frequent with violent felonies.

There might be some delay in getting the warrant signed or entering into the LEIN system during the holidays. But it certainly does appear to be coming. And yes, it will be a bench warrant. But judges get REALLY pissed when losers ignore them. Surely he will have some craptale of an excuse when he finally stands in front of a judge but it should result in a considerable bond amount. Hopefully high enough that he cannot afford it. If he comes up with the cash it certainly shows us that he stashed the cash in the batcave, but the court cannot make him say where he got it.

I've been retired for a few years now so things are even more efficient per the guys I run with who are still on the job.

#12174 2 years ago

It says he will be detained until he fully complies with the court order. If he can't produce the paperwork does that mean he could spend life in prison?

#12175 2 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

It says he will be detained until he fully complies with the court order. If he can't produce the paperwork does that mean he could spend life in prison?

Of course not. There is a difference between 'will not' and 'can not'. When he complies and the parties are convinced he is doing so, the lack of paperwork will simply mean he won't be able to defend against other claims of where the money really went.. and so he'll be in a worse situation to defend himself. The end game of this exercise simply is proving the liabilities are exempt from the bankruptcy flush... getting the court to excuse as little as possible and wrap up the bankruptcy so that the civil suits can continue.

Kevin went down this path to try to flush it all and wash his hands of it.. The desired outcome here is to wrap up the bankruptcy with the predator liabilities still around his neck... so then he is free again for the civil suits to continue.

In a perfect world, the information gathered from the bankruptcy proceedings would prove enough to make a case to lobby the DA or state that there was criminal conduct worthy of prosecution. But they still need to be interested.. and could simply point to the civil cases.

#12176 2 years ago

In the end, he will be found to be liable but obviously unable to make immediate restitution. His income will be garnished forever.

No criminal liability will be pursued regarding the game as it would be impossible to prove original intent to defraud. He did have a working prototype.

Just an incompetent who, surprise surprise, messed up, then messed up more in response.

Might get some time for this hiding assets funny business and contempt of court, though.

#12177 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Of course not. There is a difference between 'will not' and 'can not'. ...

I was not serious. And I while I want justice I would not want that either. I'd rather see people get their money back and he just go away from the hobby.

I was being sarcastic because the justice system, while great in many way, does have flaws. When you have murderers being let out and people with minor offenses with a harsh minimum sentence in for years things can get lopsided.

#12178 2 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

In the end, he will be found to be liable but obviously unable to make immediate restitution. His income will be garnished forever.
No criminal liability will be pursued regarding the game as it would be impossible to prove original intent to defraud. He did have a working prototype.
Just an incompetent who, surprise surprise, messed up, then messed up more in response.
Might get some time for this hiding assets funny business and contempt of court, though.

As I have learn Dan... It can be dangerous to make assumptions when you do not hold all the facts. I would suggest not stating things that may keep others from joining up to fight what was stolen from them.

Things learned in discovery would go in opposition to things you are saying.

#12179 2 years ago

That's 33% of his wages that will be garnished. If working, that is. Unless he's supporting children. Then a slightly lower % per child.

#12180 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Wouldn't the US Marshals actively pursue a warrant, unlike the situation you describe with local cops?

I have only had 1, maybe 2 scenarios like this in my nearly 30 years practice of law. (Most normal people would never think to disobey an order of a court flagrantly and intentionally.) However, the last time a United States District Court/Bankruptcy Court (same 'level' of Court), issued an order of contempt and had the U.S. Marshalls involved, they were rather expedient in their efforts to apprehend and detain the party.

#12181 2 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

No.

USA prisons are too filled up with drug offenders and the mentally ill to have room for any thieves.

#12182 2 years ago

Man, I get paranoid when my vehicle plates are about to expire. Can't imagine how much this type of thing would weigh on my conscious...

#12183 2 years ago

Locked up before or after Dec 25?
Only time will tell but I am rooting for pick up on Dec 24.

#12184 2 years ago
Quoted from Enaud:

I fully expect that Kevin will not have any receipts at all. And little to no documentation of any kind. Any bank activity will have to be obtained from the bank. I'm sure that will not be cheap to get produced.
On another note, Keith is supposed to be securing someone to represent those of us seeking to file an adversary proceeding. Patiently standing by...

Hey Keith. Any word on finding someone willing to represent us that are seeking to file an adversary proceeding?

#12185 2 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

Man, I get paranoid when my vehicle plates are about to expire. Can't imagine how much this type of thing would weigh on my conscious...

Because you have a conscience. People without shame or that don't have empathy for others only care about themselves. Those things that would keep us awake at night let them sleep soundly with pride of getting away with things.

#12186 2 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

In Michigan, if you get busted with expired plates/tags, you get the $150.00 ticket, have to renew the plates at regular, club prices which includes a ten buck late fee AND you're subject to a "Driver Responsibility" fee for two additional years. That is another $250/Year IIRC....

#12187 2 years ago
Quoted from no-extra-balls:

Only time will tell but I am rooting for pick up on Dec 24.

Make it happen and I will indulge myself with a bottle of XO Cognac and a fine cigar...

Quoted from Taxman:

Because you have a conscience.

... and you are not dumb enough to think you can get away with everything. Or are willing to take the risk.

Kevin had every chance to make it right. He probably read this thread, and should have known people would not give up.
And yet he decided to keep the money.
Huge mistake.
Some people, myself included, won't let it go.
With or without the chance to get some money back - this is not the point anymore.
Question of Principle.

#12188 2 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

With or without the chance to get some money back - this is not the point anymore.

exactly! Now it is for fun!

#12189 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

As I have learn Dan... It can be dangerous to make assumptions when you do not hold all the facts. I would suggest not stating things that may keep others from joining up to fight what was stolen from them.
Things learned in discovery would go in opposition to things you are saying.

Okay, immediate FULL restitution.

It was just my guess, everyone who was taken should have gotten on board by now, but don't let my opinion stop anyone who hasn't!

#12190 2 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

Funny you say that. I got mine in on the last day, but didn't get my wife's in time. Two weeks after expiration I come home and tell her she is no longer riding dirty. She had no idea what I was talking about.

Well it looks like events are moving in the right direction regarding this saga.

#12191 2 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

*Impossible* to prove original intent to defraud? Not true at all. Intent can be proven by his actions and/or inactions. Having a working prototype can actually help prove his intent to defraud, not that he didn't (much easier to get more people to give you money with a working prototype than without one). The fact that he knew he didn't have a license is surely relevant to showing intent to defraud.

#12192 2 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

USA prisons are too filled up with drug offenders and the mentally ill to have room for any thieves.

Yup. Sad and true. A little over 3 years ago my d-bag neighbor was sneaking into our house each day we were all at work, and would steal little bits of things so we wouldn't notice. It wasn't until we started saying "huh, where did grandpa's old camera go?" or "What happened to all the jewelry." We set up a camera, caught my neighbor red handed, took him to court with the evidence, he pled guilty to breaking and entering over 7 times, and all he got was 2 year's minimum probation and a non-contact order. The judge literally said jail time for this situation is a "waste of money for taxpayers."

I don't necessarily disagree with that statement, but damn, it's hard to look at his smug, ever-so-punchable face everyday. It's like he knew he'd somehow get away with it. I'll never forget after I dug into some older court records, I found that he had 2 other charges of burglary in Virginia, serving some time for one, and probation again for the other, so he has experience being a loser.

In a somewhat regrettable move, I took the camera footage of him stealing our things and put in on YouTube and my facebook as a bit of "public humiliation" type thing. Someone in my township found it, stuck it on the "patch" blog website, and I got a phone call from my local police department to take it down a few days later (since the case was still going through the courts). I knew what I was doing was questionable and a low blow, but feelings supersede all else in a time like that.

Anyway, we lost ~$15,000 in valuables/heirlooms throughout that fiasco. Part of his probation terms was to pay us that money back, but since there's no stipulation regarding a minimum payment (only that he'll remain on probation until it's all paid off), we've only seen around $80 paid back to us since the court ordered it. We probably won't ever see that money until the ass dies, or they move and the bank places a lien on their home for the remaining balance.

*deep sigh* I know exactly how you all feel in these types of situations, but at least some type of closure is swiftly approaching. This includes all those involved in the Zidware disaster, too, and I wish you all the best possible outcome.

--Max

#12193 2 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

he pled guilty to breaking and entering over 7 times, and all he got was 2 year's minimum probation and a non-contact order. The judge literally said jail time for this situation is a "waste of money for taxpayers."

I had a friend (obviously not now) that burglarized a home and got caught (didn't cut all the security lines to the police).. Spent almost 3 years in prison at age 17 (had to get his GED when he got out). I think the only reason he got jail time was because he had a prior accessory burglary charge at 15 (he was waiting in the car while his buddies burglarized a home).

#12194 2 years ago

I'm sure Kevin reads this forum at the public library so this is for you. Minus the friend part.

images-2 (resized).jpeg

#12195 2 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

Here in Michigan it's ok to drive your vehicle with a couple of feet of snow on it and to have it covering your brake lights and license plate so he has nothing to worry about as far as the cops seeing a expired tag on the plate. Perhaps if he runs into someone they might ask for a drivers license but if he's just a passenger then they wont bother and he'll slip through the "long arm of the law".

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.
269-979-3836

#12196 2 years ago

I want to see him taken away Christmas morning just as everyone is sitting down around the tree to open presents.

Be a very fitting Christmas gift to Kevin and everyone who he stole from.

#12197 2 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

In a somewhat regrettable move, I took the camera footage of him stealing our things and put in on YouTube and my facebook as a bit of "public humiliation" type thing. Someone in my township found it, stuck it on the "patch" blog website, and I got a phone call from my local police department to take it down a few days later (since the case was still going through the courts). I knew what I was doing was questionable and a low blow, but feelings supersede all else in a time like that.

Not sure if I understand what was questionable or a low blow here. Seems like a reasonable thing to do since you owned the video footage.

#12198 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Not sure if I understand what was questionable or a low blow here. Seems like a reasonable thing to do since you owned the video footage.

maybe he did more than post the video he took... like named the person and treated him as if he were guilty, etc.

#12199 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Quoted from flynnibus:

maybe he did more than post the video he took... like named the person and treated him as if he were guilty, etc.

Nope. Literally just took the footage and uploaded it to youtube. I didn't even edit it. It was just raw camera footage with the tagline of "Man breaks into my house, steals precious belongings."

In hindsight, you're right. It wasn't questionable or a low blow at all. When the police department called me to take it down though, they made it sound like I was breaking some type of law or something, so that's always how I felt about it afterwards.

#12200 2 years ago

I wonder what would have happened if you told the cops to talk to your Lawyer?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 10.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 999.00
$ 40.00
Playfield - Decals
Great American Pinball
$ 23.25
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
$ 189.00
Displays
Boston Pinball Company
$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 46.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 19.95
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 18301 posts in this topic. You are on page 244 of 367.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside