Topic Stats

• 18,301 posts
  • 815 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,544 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

72329539_10219705910182373_6362298985876553728_n (resized).jpg
pirateplayersclub (resized).jpg
case against keith.pdf (PDF preview)
_2_16-21030.pdf (PDF preview)
Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
194b3475e0440b8112afc0ac4ad5bf0ed0e8ec3db63fb4b6748a4f2e06a9865b (resized).jpg
31A053C2-4495-4E3E-980F-E5ADEA02F1DE (resized).jpeg
IMG_2933 (resized).JPG
beetlejuice-shrunken head (resized).jpg
2716720260_bc8966f6b1 (resized).jpg
D460F55E-AD42-43C6-91EB-B8162A84A094.gif
Screenshot_20190103-214734_Facebook (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

86 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 18301 posts in this topic. You are on page 235 of 367.
#11701 3 years ago

12778678_10100729016347841_4899928776372624655_o_(resized).jpg

#11702 3 years ago

A little snooping around seems to reveal that the family may have gone on vacation out of the country from July 18-25, 2015.

#11703 3 years ago

venezuela?

#11704 3 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

A little snooping around seems to reveal that the family may have gone on vacation out of the country from July 18-25, 2015.

If that's the case, I wonder how much customer money got burned up doing that

#11706 3 years ago

Looks like a lot of money got burned up on camera equipment, props, her LLC / copyrighting/trademarking her photo business names, the house on Pine River Rd, a camping trip, and lots of hideous looking tattoos on his freakshow looking wife. Oh, and judging by the poundage, they're eating very well too.

#11707 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

or moved to an off shore account.

#11708 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I think the inference is the money may have been moved out of the country to make it potentially harder to trace.

#11709 3 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

or moved to an off shore account.

Quoted from TigerLaw:

I think the inference is the money may have been moved out of the country to make it potentially harder to trace.

Wonderful.

#11710 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

If this is true...

image_(resized).jpg

#11711 3 years ago

Can the prosecutor's office jump in on this at any time?

As more information surfaces, would they not have the appetite for a case like this?

#11712 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I think people give Kevin WAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY too much credit. The guy who simply admits to embezzling during a simple deposition is going to setup offshore accounts and shelters? That's funny

#11713 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I think people give Kevin WAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY too much credit. The guy who simply admits to embezzling during a simple deposition is going to setup offshore accounts and shelters? That's funny

Agreed. Everyone keeps trying to find some "master plan". I think the story about him walking into the ramp maker's meeting in his jeans sums up his business sense.

#11714 3 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

I think the story about him walking into the ramp maker's meeting in his jeans sums up his business sense.

Not defending Kevin, but dressing a certain way for business is old school.

I know several big time CTOs that wear shorts and sandals to work. Some of us do it to intentionally be underestimated, taking advantage of that whole "wear suits to be a businessman" mentality.

That said, I doubt that was Kevin's motivation, he is too dumb to have a plan more then 6 inches in front of his face.

#11715 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I agree. I was just pointing out the inference that was made.

#11716 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Not defending Kevin, but dressing a certain way for business is old school.
I know several big time CTOs that wear shorts and sandals to work. Some of us do it to intentionally be underestimated, taking advantage of that whole "wear suits to be a businessman" mentality.
That said, I doubt that was Kevin's motivation, he is too dumb to have a plan more then 6 inches in front of his face.

I still do the Hawaiian shirt Friday thing. But only when I know the audience I will be seeing that day. I dropped the full jacket and tie monkey suit a long time ago. But when I have a meeting and there will be people I am not that familiar / comfortable with I still wear a collared shirt and tuck it in or I feel I am being disrespectful to them.

Sorry, but people coming into my office with resume in hand for a job interview wearing sandals (yes, it did happen) might as well spit on my desk. Until you know the comfort level or have proven yourself you are being disrespectful to me.

#11717 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Kevin would have been foolish to lie under oath in the 341 meeting, especially when being questioned by a litigator who probably already knew the facts. The penalties are severe. They are summarized in the signature block of the Statement of Financial Affairs (SOFA).

image_(resized).jpeg

#11718 3 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

If Kevin's kids get hurt in any way in this process, it is a shame, but its nobodies fault but Kevin himself.
If you guys want to see some disgusting heffers in skimpy outfits taken with camera equipment bought with predator money I reccomend asking to be a part of kevin's wife's new group: Fae's secrets! https://www.facebook.com/groups/laumeboudoir/
I bet she's not telling all of her secrets on this FB page though notice how she has turned off comments and ratings on her normal photography buisiness FB page now.

I wonder how many "members" (3,061) in that facebook group may be:
1. recipients of the Predator pinball machine money?
2. participants in fraud. ie: hiding Predator money, posing as vending machine owners to collect money to pay Kevin, etc...
Might be a nice source of "rolodex" review for leads ?

I wonder how fast the list of "members" in that facebook group will begin to reduce now that this is getting a light shown on it?

ps. not sure if it's ok to post this public webpage screen shot here. happy to remove if needed.

Screen_Shot_2016-08-16_at_1.40.55_PM_(resized).png

#11719 3 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Kevin would have been foolish to lie under oath in the 341 meeting, especially when being questioned by a litigator who probably already knew the facts. The penalties are severe.

Ask Martha Stewart how lying after the fact goes.

#11720 3 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Kevin would have been foolish to lie under oath in the 341 meeting, especially when being questioned by a litigator who probably already knew the facts

Did you forget the right against self-incrimination? Or the position of the defense to avoid disclosing those things? I didn't say lie... I inferred he was a amauter without any master of the simple legal stuff.. let alone working out traveling to hide money offshore.

#11721 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Here's another recent crowdfunding case where the owners failed at producing something they promised, took the money for personal use, filed for bankruptcy, and left a trail of wreckage behind.

https://news.slashdot.org/story/16/08/13/0118242/wild-abuse-allegations-taint-indiegogo-helmet-maker-skully

Damn. You just had to bring that up.....

I'm one of the victims in that scam. Those pieces of shit stole my money, bought two Dodge Vipers (because the wrecked the first), took trips all around the world, bought 4 motorcycles, rented Lamborghini's and blew $20,000+ on strippers among other things. That's just what came out within the last few days.

That was my first and last crowd funding endevour. I stuck with it so long because Intel Venture dumped over $11 million into the company the end of last year. They had also started shipping and I was slated to get mine a few weeks after they disappeared.

I feel everyone's pain.

#11722 3 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Those pieces of shit stole my money, bought two Dodge Vipers (because the wrecked the first), took trips all around the world, bought 4 motorcycles, rented Lamborghini's and blew $20,000+ on strippers among other things.

At least they had fun with it. By all appearances Kevin bought a crappy house in a crappy town and set up his wife in a boring business she is destined to fail at. What a pathetic way to spend ill-gotten gains!

#11723 3 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Damn. You just had to bring that up.....
I'm one of the victims in that scam. Those pieces of shit stole my money, bought two Dodge Vipers (because the wrecked the first), took trips all around the world, bought 4 motorcycles, rented Lamborghini's and blew $20,000+ on strippers among other things. That's just what came out within the last few days.
That was my first and last crowd funding endevour. I stuck with it so long because Intel Venture dumped over $11 million into the company the end of last year. They had also started shipping and I was slated to get mine a few weeks after they disappeared.
I feel everyone's pain.

Sorry to hear it. Hope you're able to get something back.

#11724 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Did you forget the right against self-incrimination? Or the position of the defense to avoid disclosing those things? I didn't say lie... I inferred he was a amauter without any master of the simple legal stuff.. let alone working out traveling to hide money offshore.

From my meager legal understandings, if you are using the right against self-incrimination, usually the people litigating take that as you did something that you know was illegal and you just won't talk about it because otherwise what reason would you have to not talk about it? In that case, it can be equally damaging.

#11725 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

At least they had fun with it.

cold-blooded_(resized).jpg

#11726 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Yep. You're dealing with a class A moron here ...

Odds on, the PayPal money was withdrawn in cash, wrapped in plastic bags, and buried in the garden. Or hidden in the rafters.

I bet if the FBI bought in their money sniffing dogs, there would be cash money all over the place.

rd

#11727 3 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

From my meager legal understandings, if you are using the right against self-incrimination, usually the people litigating take that as you did something that you know was illegal and you just won't talk about it because otherwise what reason would you have to not talk about it? In that case, it can be equally damaging.

One outcome is to citable admission.. the other is only inference.

It's not to say not answering a question doesn't cause doubt... but the lawyer is there to keep that question from even happening in the first place and steer you out of that corner.

#11728 3 years ago

Once the IRS gets wind of Kevin Kulek's shenanigans, an audit will likely be triggered. They'll target his returns over the past three years showing no business gains. They expect to see receipts for everything. Once they suspect Kevin of acting fraudulently, the IRS will fine him, determine how much he owes had he been honest, then add late filing penalties and interest. Could be as high as $500k. When Kevin Kulek doesn't pay the IRS, they are in a good position to seize his house and the clothes off his back. That's not going to look good to creditors when Kevin applies for a credit card.

Well, it's back to the present and the mystery of where Kevin Kulek hid the money he stole, and then gave false statements under oath. Show me the money.

#11729 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Once the IRS gets wind of Kevin Kulek's shenanigans, an audit will likely be triggered. They'll target his returns over the past three years showing no business gains. They expect to see receipts for everything. Once they suspect Kevin of acting fraudulently, the IRS will fine him, determine how much he owes had he been honest, then add late filing penalties and interest. Could be as high as $500k. When Kevin Kulek doesn't pay the IRS, they are in a good position to seize his house and the clothes off his back. That's not going to look good to creditors when Kevin applies for a credit card.
Well, it's back to the present and the mystery of where Kevin Kulek hid the money he stole, and then gave false statements under oath. Show me the money.

There is/was no business, which is why he is being taken to task personally. If paypal cooperates with the IRS (and they would, the IRS just has to ask and become involved) showing $1M+ in incoming payments and he can't show where it went, that's income, and the IRS moves to the front of the line with the piñata stick in hand.

#11730 3 years ago

I can see US$200k but I find it difficult to comprehend that "Jimbo" from The Simpsons or "Butt-Head" from Beavis & Butt Head" was able to CONvince pinheads to give him over a million bucks as he never had anything credible to show that he deserved to be trusted with that kind of pre-order business plan.

At least Jack G. had about 35 years of operating & Distributing experience and never scammed a customer out of money. That's why he was able to ask for down payments/reservation fees to gauge interest and build a new company. It was a plus that many knew him and that he had a building for his existing related businesses and had employees on the payroll. He wasn't part of "Some Kids in the Basement".

JPop duped people with his charm & goofiness. He was able to use his prior employment as a designer and his earlier service tech job experience to gain credibility.

I can't believe Kevin was able to rip off that much. If true, it has to be buried or gambled away.

#11731 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Don't count on it. The IRS is understaffed and they have bigger fish to catch.

#11732 3 years ago

Kevin had a game people could play. Seeing is believing. good bad or otherwise there was more game to see than anything jpop ever put together. I think his campaign of going to pinball shows is what sold it.

#11733 3 years ago

Business Plan of a con man:
1. Build a hobby pin with an exciting sounding theme.
2. Tour the show circuit with said machine building credibility and an impression that the games release is imminent.
3. Squeeze interested parties with pressure that the run will be limited.
4. Collect hundreds of thousands in pre-orders until the wheels fall off.
5. Stash and run.

6. If successful, lay low and repeat with a new set of marks.

I believe part of what many are trying to accomplish is to stop this last step from ever happening.

#11734 3 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Business Plan of a con man:
1. Build a hobby pin with an exciting sounding theme.
2. Tour the show circuit with said machine building credibility and an impression that the games release is imminent.
3. Squeeze interested parties with pressure that the run will be limited.
4. Collect hundreds of thousands in pre-orders until the wheels fall off.
5. Stash and run.
6. If successful, lay low and repeat with a new set of marks.
I believe part of what many are trying to accomplish is to stop this last step from ever happening.

It seems Twisted Pins took an even simpler route.

#11735 3 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Kevin had a game people could play. Seeing is believing. good bad or otherwise there was more game to see than anything jpop ever put together. I think his campaign of going to pinball shows is what sold it.

Well it played like shit and was broken most of the time...so I guess that tricked people

#11736 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well it played like shit and was broken most of the time...so I guess that tricked people

That's 100% more play than people got from jpop showing off yeti's zombie adventure art. Arnold's rippling muscles were a bit of a hard sell on the playfield... Realistically nostalgia for predator did most of the heavy lifting.

#11737 3 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Realistically nostalgia for predator did most of the heavy lifting.

That's what I'm talking aboot. If you met the guy saying he was going to make hundreds of this game, and you played this sad sack, only nostalgia could get you to lay monies down.

#11738 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

was an 'R' rated, and popular, theme, was a limited edition, looked good, but yes, played like shit. But lets remember, lots of people buy games that they have never played, so . . .

#11739 3 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

but yes, played like shit

it actually played really well in the 2nd and 3rd iterations of it. One of the coolest things were some of the code feature is had. Simple game but a VERY fun ruleset. That was always the big sell point for me.

#11740 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

it actually played really well in the 2nd and 3rd iterations of it. One of the coolest things were some of the code feature is had. Simple game but a VERY fun ruleset. That was always the big sell point for me.

it was fun to play, but those 2 targets directly in the lower-middle of the playfield were a real pain the butt.
they basically made using the middle of both of the flippers useless, unless you wanted to specifically hit those lower-middle targets.

#11741 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

it actually played really well in the 2nd and 3rd iterations of it.

well, the ramps never played well (but could have been fixed before production), but I agree there were some cool rule features, which was needed since the playfield was pretty vanilla and basically toy less.

#11742 3 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

it was fun to play, but those 2 targets directly in the lower-middle of the playfield were a real pain the butt.
they basically made using the middle of both of the flippers useless, unless you wanted to specifically hit those lower-middle targets.

like BSD which is where they ripped the idea from.

#11743 3 years ago

The actual art of the characters; pretty cool looking. The rest was garbage.

#11744 3 years ago

I thought the rules sounded cool.

#11745 3 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

I wonder how many "members" (3,061) in that facebook group may be:
1. recipients of the Predator pinball machine money?
2. participants in fraud. ie: hiding Predator money, posing as vending machine owners to collect money to pay Kevin, etc...
Might be a nice source of "rolodex" review for leads ?
I wonder how fast the list of "members" in that facebook group will begin to reduce now that this is getting a light shown on it?
ps. not sure if it's ok to post this public webpage screen shot here. happy to remove if needed.

Honestly the page seems legit for her buisiness. You're not missing much other than a bunch of land whales in lingerie and girly talk. Here's a couple screen grabs.

[removed by moderator; body shaming is not appropriate]

#11746 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

like BSD which is where they ripped the idea from.

Jesus, what didn't he steal.

#11747 3 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Honestly the page seems legit for her buisiness. You're not missing much other than a bunch of land whales in lingerie and girly talk. Here's a couple screen grabs.

I really don't think its appropriate to drag innocent people into this especially posting their pictures and calling them derogatory names.

#11748 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Jesus, what didn't he steal.

I believe he invented inserts that say "Mode" on them.

#11749 3 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

H You're not missing much other than a bunch of land whales in lingerie and girly talk. Here's a couple screen grabs.

not my taste but thanks.

#11750 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I believe he invented inserts that say "Mode" on them.

I had heard he invented the button in front that says "start" on it

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 245.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Electronics
nvram.weebly.com
Boards
PCB Emporium
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 32.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 48.00
Playfield - Plastics
Vandelay Industries
There are 18301 posts in this topic. You are on page 235 of 367.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside