Clevon (resized).jpg
0C707122-51D1-4488-8B69-8C91DA48018D.jpeg
72329539_10219705910182373_6362298985876553728_n (resized).jpg
pirateplayersclub (resized).jpg
case against keith.pdf (PDF preview)
_2_16-21030.pdf (PDF preview)
Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

87 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,488 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 370.
#1101 9 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

I thought the "waiting list" was quite long.

Raise your hand if you're on the waiting list.

#1102 9 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

If people are getting money back then there must still be a waiting list???
Pretty sure it was originally said that once money is in then you get out only so long as there is someone to take your spot?

Sure would be nice to see a completed production game soon and put this all to rest.

I figure I either get a game or an expensive lesson. Likely no in between.

Still sick and tired of the same worthless losers that are always in here trying to fan the already lit fire. It is not going to help get games built faster and it is not going to help those on preorder as you cheer for the fire.

#1103 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Raise your hand if you're on the waiting list.

Thought I saw Lowepg raise his!!!!

#1104 9 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

There is no definition of 'soon' that will satisfy me. The only thing that will keep this project alive (for me at least) is solid playing pins shipping within a months time. I've been positive on this project from day one and have done my best to help where I can. That said, the time to deliver pins is now not at this or that date in the future. I'm number 6 in production & when/if I get the pin you will all know about it.

Coolness Dude. You've been great on this project from the beginning and deserve dibs on opening up the first PRED! Here's to hoping Kevin gets em made up soon. Next update needs to be great I think.

#1105 9 years ago

The difference now is that people on the waiting list (if called up) need to fork out $3000 just to get on the pre order list. That's a big ask when their not seeing much for the money.

#1106 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Still sick and tired of the same worthless losers that are always in here trying to fan the already lit fire. It is not going to help get games built faster and it is not going to help those on preorder as you cheer for the fire.

Not sure if you are calling me a "worthless loser" or not, but I am certainty not cheering on a fire. Is there a fire? Maybe it's your money being burned that you smell. No fire here.

I simply stated that I thought the waiting list was quite long. Not because I am fanning anything, but because literally it was stated that there was a waiting list, and I was under the assumption that it was quite long. That's all.

#1107 9 years ago

Always checking the thread.....always hoping for the best....I am glad I am no longer on the roller coaster, I dont think the ticker would have lasted...but I do hope for some news...good news....for those
hanging in there.

#1108 9 years ago

"There will be no more than 250 machines produced, to which all pre-orders have been filled. We will keep a running waiting list for those interesting in the case of someone backing out of their order for whatever reason"

"The waiting list is definitely something to consider, as well, as we get about 3~5 emails per day asking if we have any spots open. "

"Keep in mind that there is a waiting list with many people happy to take any slots that open up. SkitB has also made it clear that if you want out at a later date then you can get your deposit back if someone else takes your slot >> which it appears there is a pretty good chance of that happening. Heck there are guys already offering cash to buy out slots even before the deposit stage deadline."

"Fwiw the waiting list is pretty long and has not moved much in a long time from what i have been told. Have a buddy that has been on the wait list for 6 months and said he has moved less than 10 spots."

"There's definitely a waiting list (ever-growing per Kevin) of people wanting more, but there will be no more. Two hundred and fifty per the licensing."

That's just a variety of posts from people about the list and its size.

#1109 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Thought I saw Lowepg raise his!!!!

I *was* ..... but after falling in love with Experts of Dangerous, its hard to commit to Preorderator.

#1110 9 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Long...but distinguished...

#1111 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

I *was* ..... but after falling in love with Experts of Dangerous, its hard to commit to Preorderator.

Lmao. Good one!

#1112 9 years ago

Well, I know its bad, not sure what's worse SkitB or Jpop.

#1113 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

At least people have seen and played (and enjoyed) Skit-B's game. JPOP's game seems to be a art piece not for touching. lol

#1114 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Kevin's definitely farther along. He's had a flipping prototype for a while now -- dragged it to shows and let people play it -- and he has shown pictures of parts and cabinets in small batches of 10 already in house. He obviously doesn't have all the parts required to complete one production machine, or he would have built it and shipped it already, but JPop hasn't shown any of that so far.

#1115 9 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

At least people have seen and played (and enjoyed) Skit-B's game. JPOP's game seems to be a art piece not for touching. lol

Ok Jpop's worse. Neither one has a pin out the door

#1116 9 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

At least people have seen and played (and enjoyed) Skit-B's game.

Honestly I didn't really enjoy it, I don't really care for the layout, but I can say I've played it. So Kevin's got Jpop beat there I suppose. But I played TBL and WOOLY too, and I don't see those piling up in collections yet. Ship a game or you just have a novelty.

#1117 9 years ago

The jpop thread is way worse than this one. Everyone there has given up. This thread still has its defenders.

#1118 9 years ago

Has anyone visited Kevins place of "Assembly"? or has this been refused to anyone who as asked?

#1119 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Have you realized? Nope - they are not worthless losers. They are gifted visionnaires trying to educate and help us, silly pre-buyers.

At least that's what they claim. They might actually believe they are helping us ("us": not only the stupid Skit-B customers, "us" meaning the whole pinheads community. Real altruists, I told ya).

In the end, I need no Rai or Lowpeg or Jared or God-knows-who to know where I stand with Predator. Had I known in 2012 my game would still not be produced in February 2015, I would probably have not signed up. Now, as you said, we "either get a game or an expensive lesson"...

Except it will not only be an expensive lesson, it will also be a **painful** one because it will be associated with "I told you so" comments from our visionnaires, so happy to put salt on our wounds... for our own good.

#1120 9 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Has anyone visited Kevins place of "Assembly"? or has this been refused to anyone who as asked?

^^^^^This, totally.^^^^^
Surely someone on here with some level of interest in Predator lives within a car ride of where these are being built, no?
Has anyone tried?

#1121 9 years ago
Quoted from Jdfitzy-in-Aus:

Surely someone on here with some level of interest in Predator lives within a car ride of where these are being built, no? Has anyone tried?

The irony of this is we've seen it before. Remember when people asked this same question about WOZ? Talk about déjà vu. What's next, counting cars in the parking lot?

#1122 9 years ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

The irony of this is we've seen it before. Remember when people asked this same question about WOZ? Talk about déjà vu. What's next, counting cars in the parking lot?

Yeah, but I am serious and don't call me Shirley

#1123 9 years ago

how's that email Kevin sent out sound to everyone?

#1124 9 years ago

I guess I want to know what the issue is... before pressing the panic button...

Just sayin'

#1125 9 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

how's that email Kevin sent out sound to everyone?

I admit that I am a little nervous after receiving that email.

#1126 9 years ago
Quoted from sensfreak:

You're killing the rest of us right now, you know that right?

#1127 9 years ago
Quoted from sensfreak:

Email was odd. Def interested to see how this plays out.

I'm continuing to support SkitB. Pin looks kickass and I want it.

#1128 9 years ago

Damnit sensfreak, don't upvote me, post the email!

#1129 9 years ago

But Aurich, won't it just start the Skit-B hate train all over again.

#1130 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Email was odd. Def interested to see how this plays out.
I'm continuing to support SkitB. Pin looks kickass and I want it.

I think if Kevin wanted this email posted here it would've been. I'm thinking they don't.

#1131 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I think if Kevin wanted this email posted here it would've been. I'm thinking they don't.

Ouch, this doesn't sound too good.

#1132 9 years ago
Quoted from sensfreak:

But Aurich, won't it just start the Skit-B hate train all over again.

I'd threaten to make an awesome Predator mod and then refuse to sell it to anyone who teasing me, but I'm not sure there's going to be a game to mod ...

#1133 9 years ago

I would like a bit more of information than we received tonight. I will support to the very end

#1134 9 years ago

Oh, post the email somebody, It's no big deal.

#1135 9 years ago

I don't care how long it will take, but I wish I could get a guarantee that my pin will get made. That email certainly doesn't help generate any confidence.

#1136 9 years ago

Feed Me!

audreyrose.jpgaudreyrose.jpg
#1137 9 years ago

#1138 9 years ago

Email? Guess I better get checking but from the sounds of things,..do I dare read it??!!?!

#1139 9 years ago
Quoted from Russo121:

Email? Guess I better get checking but from the sounds of things,..do I dare read it??!!?!

don't read it...
post it here. we'll read it for ya

#1140 9 years ago

Ah but if I post it will that ruin my chances (if any) of getting further communication from Kevin? (you know it would)

#1141 9 years ago
Quoted from Russo121:

Ah but if I post it will that ruin my chances (if any) of getting further communication from Kevin? (you know it would)

it could mysteriously get PM'd to me, and i'll mysteriously PM to someone else, etc... until it gets randomly posted here by a brand new user

#1142 9 years ago

I've seen the email, but I don't want to be a dick to the people who've sent it to me, so I'll summarize:

Things aren't great, there are nefarious forces out to stop the project, but Kevin is committed to everyone, and you should watch out for more info. But in the meantime, feel anxious.

I wish I was joking, but that about sums it up. What a weird email to send. It would have been better to just stay not communicating then send that message.

#1143 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I've seen the email, but I don't want to be a dick to the people who've sent it to me, so I'll summarize:
Things aren't great, there are nefarious forces out to stop the project, but Kevin is committed to everyone, and you should watch out for more info. But in the meantime, feel anxious.
I wish I was joking, but that about sums it up. What a weird email to send. It would have been better to just stay not communicating then send that message.

at least have the integrity to also post that he said he promises nobody will get left out to dry on this...

bunch of fucking drama queens with pitchforks I tell you.

#1144 9 years ago

I'm concerned now more so than anytime in the past, the theme will keep me in till the end even if it means taking a loss.

#1146 9 years ago

#1147 9 years ago

wonder if highway's next pin after aliens is predator?

#1148 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

there are nefarious forces out to stop the project

So, it's blame game time? The license was fine until some pinsider called Fox up or something? What else could it be?

#1149 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

at least have the integrity to also post that he said he promises nobody will get left out to dry on this...
bunch of fucking drama queens with pitchforks I tell you.

That was the "Kevin is committed to everyone part." Post the whole email yourself if you don't care for my summary, people can judge if I was inaccurate.

#1150 9 years ago

2015 is going to be an interesting year...

popcorn-fast-fat-guy.gifpopcorn-fast-fat-guy.gif

There are 18,488 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 370.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-skit-b-predator-discussion/page/23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.