Topic Stats

• 18,272 posts
  • 815 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,540 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
194b3475e0440b8112afc0ac4ad5bf0ed0e8ec3db63fb4b6748a4f2e06a9865b (resized).jpg
31A053C2-4495-4E3E-980F-E5ADEA02F1DE (resized).jpeg
IMG_2933 (resized).JPG
beetlejuice-shrunken head (resized).jpg
2716720260_bc8966f6b1 (resized).jpg
D460F55E-AD42-43C6-91EB-B8162A84A094.gif
Screenshot_20190103-214734_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20181108-174321 (resized).png
Fife Appeal Sept 24 2018.pdf (PDF preview)
cat ooo 2.gif
7332539.attach (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

86 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 18272 posts in this topic. You are on page 228 of 366.
#11351 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

scan and reproduce the playfield

Charlie was contracted to make playfields, I'd imagine he still has the ability to make more for a price.

#11352 3 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Based upon this recent chatter, is it a safe bet that Kevin, his wife and mother are becoming uncomfortable?

I would not take that bet.

#11353 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

I would not take that bet.

Me neither...recent chatter of what? Some dudes on Pinside? Never bothered him before from what I can tell.

#11354 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I say we steal the whole project back from Kevin.
Let's clone the harddrive, scan and reproduce the playfield, have Freeplay40 make nice ramps in green, make a nail board to build the harnesses, and have a few build parties across the globe.
It's the most simple of games to assemble, any sys11 is probably harder.
Let's quit acting like victims, quit throwing more good money after bad, and take the ultimate revenge.

21351651725_(resized).jpg

#11355 3 years ago

I remember playing it at MPE years ago...not a ton of fun.

#11356 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Charlie was contracted to make playfields, I'd imagine he still has the ability to make more for a price.

Seriously doubt he would when even consider it for a millisecond given what we now know about the license.

#11357 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I remember playing it at MPE years ago...not a ton of fun.

Actually, it is very fun.

People were confused about a few of the rules, but if you understood them, it was a great game.

#11358 3 years ago

I think it would be cool to have one of those playfields to hang up in the arcade. Kind of a sick reminder of being scammed.
It's kind of hard to explain, but it would lead to some closure at least for me.
But what would be better, would be to see his sorry ass do some prison time.

#11359 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Actually, it is very fun.

Are you sure Kevin just didn't trick you into thinking it was fun?

#11360 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

So with your story of only 2 in existence and your stated plan to build one. Why not tell and show us all of your stockpile of parts? Show us what you have and what you need. Prove me wrong and I will appologize. i will also help you to get one built if you are going to share it with the public. I have more knowledge of the game than most and the skillset to get it built better than Kevin ever did.

If your offer to help still stands; can you clarify if you will volunteer your help or will there be a fee charged? Clay makes a wicked pepper steak, by the way so food is covered.

#11361 3 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Seriously doubt he would when even consider it for a millisecond given what we now know about the license.

This is fan art.

No one has to know who made the playfields.

We could even update the artwork.....

aliens_vs_predator__(resized).jpg

predatorbg11_(resized).jpg

#11362 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Are you sure Kevin just didn't trick you into thinking it was fun?

I tried not to look into his eyes

#11363 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

This is fan art.
No one has to know who made the playfields.
We could even update the artwork.....

Just don't look into a mirror at midnight at the time of a new moon and repeat the word Predator three times.

#11364 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Just don't look into a mirror at midnight at the time of a new moon and repeat the word Predator three times.

Now you tell me.....

#11365 3 years ago

This isn't about pinball at all. It's a drawn out legal discussion at best. Unfortunately some of the mod(S) actually put money behind this saga so they allow it to continue. Maybe this needs to go into a "recommendation of how to make Pinside better" section. I would recommend buying pins from an actual established company. What were you guys thinking?

#11366 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

How many Predators are in existence that aren't "Kevin made"?

This is a sound and reasonable question pinning down what had been a slew of evasive comments. Clay should have answered in a straight forward manner. Instead, a couple of hours later in a diatribe we get this:

Quoted from cfh:

But I'm done here.

#11367 3 years ago

critters_(resized).png

I'm sure New Line Cinema will be much more tolerant. Problem solved. Someone should have asked me about this years ago.

#11368 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Clay should have answered in a straight forward manner.

willis_(resized).jpg

Quoted from cfh:

There are no other ones, just #1 black prototype and #2 which is Tim's. Those are the only ones Kevin made.

Quoted from cfh:

As told there's only two kevin made predators: The #1 black prototype, and the #2 tim "official release" model. Kevin never made any more than that.

Quoted from cfh:

Milton You are wrong. There are only two Kevin made predators.

Quoted from cfh:

No that's not correct. There are only two Kevin made predators.

Quoted from cfh:

For the hundredth time Kevin only made two predators.

#11369 3 years ago

How many games did Mother Kulek assemble?

#11370 3 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

I would recommend buying pins from an actual established company. What were you guys thinking?

This is an arrogant, insensitive and useless comment made after the fact. What were you thinking?

#11371 3 years ago

Thanks for proving the point of Clay being evasive in his talking points.
Here's the question another time if you'd like to play again.

Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

How many Predators are in existence that aren't "Kevin made"?

#11372 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

This is an arrogant, insensitive and useless comment made after the fact. What were you thinking?

It depends how you look at it.

#11373 3 years ago
Quoted from multibrawlr:

Just for the sake of clarification... the guy making the duplicate accounts is (allegedly) Tim Fife?
Late to the party. Been watching the situation unfold on the sidelines. Here's hoping that things will work out in favor of Skit-B's customers, but at this point I think all everyone can really do is wait and see what the outcome will be...

Watching from the sidelines on an account only 12hrs old? Something fishy is going on here.

#11374 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Thanks for proving the point of Clay being evasive in his talking points.

Sorry Kim--lame(?) attempt at sarcastic humor on my part. I think we are on the same page. See also my previous post:

Quoted from SirScott:

Did anyone other than Kevin build one?

#11375 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

If your offer to help still stands; can you clarify if you will volunteer your help or will there be a fee charged? Clay makes a wicked pepper steak, by the way so food is covered.

If anyone wants to be truthful and upfront on the parts they have, how and where they got them, and wants to make the game, perfect it, and share it with the public on a regular basis then 100% yes it would be for the good of pinball and FREE.

I have the knowledge and ability to get it done.

#11376 3 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

This isn't about pinball at all. It's a drawn out legal discussion at best. Unfortunately some of the mod(S) actually put money behind this saga so they allow it to continue. Maybe this needs to go into a "recommendation of how to make Pinside better" section. I would recommend buying pins from an actual established company. What were you guys thinking?

Why we let it continue is to serve as a channel of communication between those scammed & to serve as a reminder of how badly things can go wrong. I am still embarrassed that I was duped and helped chronicle the doomed project. I'm sorry to all of you I made a mistake. I agree it's better to buy from an established company. However, it's tempting given the nature of the hobby many of us want the small guy to succeed & make cool pins. Companies like Spooky & Heighway may not be 'established' but I still want the pins they're making & want them to succeed. Perhaps it's foolish of me but it's how I feel about it.

#11377 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

If anyone wants to be truthful and upfront on the parts they have

Ha, that's funny.

#11378 3 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

I would recommend buying pins from an actual established company. What were you guys thinking?

1000 Pinsiders bought WOZ from a very non-established company, that had to be bailed out twice, was years late, yet finally did deliver the goods.

What were they thinking?????????????????

#11379 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

1000 Pinsiders bought WOZ from a very non-established company

As did several hundred for a BBB. How did that work out for them?

#11380 3 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

Oh man...now you tell us.....where the fak were you 228 pages ago? Very enlightening.....

#11381 3 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

I run into Kevin now and then as his lawyer is just a few miles from where I live, and Kevin likes to go to arcade type hang outs that I also visit. So I get some different insight and different points of view on what's happening. But I'm frankly just not interested in sharing them here anymore. Many seem more interested in twisting lies and talking crap then you are about finding out what is really true.

You can have a poison pill and swallow it, but that doesn't mean it's going to hurt Kevin. It just means you're going to hurt yourself. All this ill will towards Kevin, though understandable to a point, is not good for anyone, especially yourselves. Frankly I think many are more mad at themsves then Kevin. But I am no longer interested in participating in this therapy session here. Especially since many are not interested in facts, only interested in carrying pitchforks. I thought this would be a good place to discuss things, but apparently that's just not the case.

Clay. As someone who has fully paid for a Predator machine, I'm completely offended that you have a machine and I don't. For you to actually *visit* with a known thief and liar and then somehow wind up with a machine and parts to build another tells me much more about you! I honestly hope Keith takes you to court. If nothing else, just to have you disclose everything you do know. I have lost all respect for you and the way you conduct yourself. I hope this Predator purchase was worth your credibility and reputation.

#11382 3 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Why we let it continue is to serve as a channel of communication between those scammed & to serve as a reminder of how badly things can go wrong. I am still embarrassed that I was duped and helped chronicle the doomed project. I'm sorry to all of you I made a mistake. I agree it's better to buy from an established company. However, it's tempting given the nature of the hobby many of us want the small guy to succeed & make cool pins. Companies like Spooky & Heighway may not be 'established' but I still want the pins they're making & want them to succeed. Perhaps it's foolish of me but it's how I feel about it.

Fair enough.

#11383 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

1000 Pinsiders bought WOZ from a very non-established company, that had to be bailed out twice, was years late, yet finally did deliver the goods.
What were they thinking?????????????????

Are we really comparing Jack and his reputation and experience in the coin op business with Kevin F'in Kulek?

Aside from that, while it obviously worked out for those people in the long run, you indeed could ask "what were they thinking" for the very reasons that you state.

Both were risks. One of them was obviously a (much) bigger risk than the other.

#11384 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Are we really comparing Jack and his reputation and experience in the coin op business with Kevin F'in Kulek?
Aside from that, while it obviously worked out for those people in the long run, you indeed could ask "what were they thinking" for the very reasons that you state.
Both were risks. One of them was obviously a (much) bigger risk than the other.

Exactly.

JJP could have easily sank, twice, taking everyone's money with it.

And it would not have been 300 people out their money, it would have been 1000

#11387 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeHogue:

Clay. As someone who has fully paid for a Predator machine, I'm completely offended that you have a machine and I don't. For you to actually *visit* with a known thief and liar and then somehow wind up with a machine and parts to build another tells me much more about you! I honestly hope Keith takes you to court. If nothing else, just to have you disclose everything you do know. I have lost all respect for you and the way you conduct yourself. I hope this Predator purchase was worth your credibility and reputation.

Not sure why you think Clay has a predator machine. Just because someone posts a lie on a forum does not make it a true fact. Even if they repeat the lie several times.

Love the "I hope Keith takes you court " line. For what reason do you propose he attempt to enter a lawsuit?

#11391 3 years ago
Quoted from Drewscruis:

Watching from the sidelines on an account only 12hrs old? Something fishy is going on here.

Fine. I'll explain myself then, I suppose. Apparently, I can't even spend a day on this site -- and my first one, no less!-- without having someone people point fingers at me, even when you're legitimately trying to offer condolences to those who were freaking screwed out on tons of money with this project.

And I say that I was watching on the sidelines because I really was; I never invested into the project AT ALL, and had no interest to; I felt more safe with Stern because they were an established company, and so I didn't want to take a risk. Plus, there's only so many games that I can fit in my living room. But I still wished Skit-B well, and listened in on the discussion and excitement surrounding the project among those who DID pay this guy money. Little did we know what was going to happen to it...

I played the game at pinball shows like Midwest Gaming Classic and Pinball Expo. My dad told me that he asked Kevin about the license, who responded that it was "confidential". We assumed everything was alright. Then the truth came to light and the pinball world (and Pinside) imploded in response. I felt bad for those who were involved-- all they wanted was a game and clearly Skit-B has failed in that they haven't fulfilled that promise, and --even worse-- people are I'm not happy at all with Kevin's untruthful nature regarding the license, but since legal action is still going on all I think we just gotta wait to see how things will end. I do hope you guys get your refunds.

And feel free to believe my explanation or not. I don't care-- but I'll gotta say that, if you don't, if you truly met me in person, you'd realize quickly how wrong you are about me.

Seriously, this is my first day on Pinside and I'm really trying to give it a chance. And already I'm being accused and caught in the crossfire. What a way to commence my first steps on this site... Just trying to contribute for Christ's sake.

#11392 3 years ago

Thanks for chiming in. Glad to have you around. Dont take offense to the skeptic attitude when a new person shows up in SkitB thread. There are numerous trolls that have come back with multiple fake accounts and tried to toss gas on the fire. It is understandable that everyone is a little questioning of a new account that has lots of knowledge.

#11393 3 years ago
Quoted from multibrawlr:

Fine. I'll explain myself then, I suppose.

Sorry about that. Please understand that this thread has a history of new accounts showing up from previously banned users. I'm sure nothing personal was meant, but there is justified suspicion about any new users showing up here since there has been bad behavior.

Welcome, and thanks for introducing yourself!

(Edit: Is it a bad sign when I begin echoing Whysnow? )

#11394 3 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

I take it as a good sign

#11395 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Not sure why you think Clay has a predator machine.

while there is not supposed to be any further discussion of hear say on machines without proof...

Clay made it very clear that he has parts to assemble a machine at minimum. Most that got screwed feel the same about a full machine or one that Clay claims to be making himself.

#11396 3 years ago

This particular thread on Pinside is pretty toxic, partially due to people like Tim Fife logging in under multiple userIDs (e.g., PinChili, HappyDayz), asking innocuous questions in the beginning, but then revealing that they actually knew a lot more than they initially let on and had a very vested and highly unpopular interest in the project (i.e., ownership of a very rare but scandalous prototype), when so many other good-faith buyers lost everything.

With that as background, please don't let your view of Pinside be tainted by a skeptical response to your first post in this highly toxic thread.

#11398 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Glad to have you around. Dont take offense to the skeptic attitude when a new person shows up in SkitB thread. There are numerous trolls that have come back with multiple fake accounts and tried to toss gas on the fire. It is understandable that everyone is a little questioning of a new account that has lots of knowledge.
Congrats on the Bat CitY. Always rooting for you when I see you are playing. Always a pleasure to play with you also! Wish you guys were able to make Mad Rollin again some time.

Thanks Hilton.

Quoted from RCA1:

Sorry about that. Please understand that this thread has a history of new accounts showing up from previously banned users. I'm sure nothing personal was meant, but there is justified suspicion about any new users showing up here since there has been bad behavior.
Welcome, and thanks for introducing yourself!

Thanks. Probably should've waited a while before posting.

Quoted from Razorbak86:

This particular thread on Pinside is pretty toxic, partially due to people like Tim Fife logging in under multiple userIDs (e.g., PinChili, HappyDayz), asking innocuous questions in the beginning, but then revealing that they actually knew a lot more than they initially let on and had a very vested and highly unpopular interest in the project (i.e., ownership of a very rare but scandalous prototype), when so many other good-faith buyers lost everything.
With that as background, please don't let your view of Pinside be tainted by a skeptical response to your first post in this highly toxic thread.

Thank you.
Oh, so he WAS making duplicate accounts. Alright. Just wanted to make sure.
The reason why I asked was because, just recently, I had an exchange with Tim on Facebook. A friend who I will not name -- in respect of his privacy -- had a picture of a Predator machine on his account from Feburary. I asked if it was his, and -- if it was -- why he had it when he could potentially get in trouble with Fox (or at least face the wrath of pre-orders, though I forgot to add that in my initial response).
My friend went on there and said it wasn't his, but he believed it to be a preproduction model running on a Windows? Then someone on there accused Tim Fife, who then appeared and went on to explain his stance regarding owning the game. He wasn't that combative or mean, I don't believe, but he was very vocal about his point and wasn't to be convinced otherwise.
I did take a bunch of screenshots, though I have yet to file through them and cross out certain names. But I do have them, and I was just wondering if everyone was cool with me posting the exchange? If not-- it's ok. Just don't want to get in trouble or add more fuel to the fire but I wanted to contribute, and I didn't know if any or all of the pre-orders knew this exchange was going on...

Added over 2 years ago: *EDIT: I didn't mention this, but I'll add that -- because you guys forced me to cough up my identity (and THANKS for that) -- Tim noticed and contacted me shortly after. He claimed he still reads Pinside. Also, he told me to feel free on posting the conversation (but restated his position that he was not in the wrong regardless).

Since I understandably didn't want to net myself grief, the exchange's gonna stay off the thread, and is only with Hilton, Skit-B's customers and -- probably -- Keith. It doesn't matter, anyway. Most of the information's already been reported, and the whole thing was really just Tim Fife being...well, Tim Fife.

#11399 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Clay made it very clear that he has parts to assemble a machine at minimum.

As well as his intention to build one:

Quoted from cfh:

But My intention is to try and gather as much of the parts as possible and then attempt to make a predator.

And as far as that pesky software?

Quoted from cfh:

You also need software too. It's not like that's readily available either.

Quoted from cfh:

As for the software, I've asked Kevin about that. He is not against letting somebody have it. But you need to have at least somewhat of a game before he will give it up.

Quoted from MrBally:

Not sure why you think Clay has a predator machine.

Serious question--why do you think that he *doesn't* have one?

#11400 3 years ago

Multibrawlr, feel free to send any info you have to my email. I wont share publically but it is useful to have with the ongoing litigation.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
€ 9.95
Playfield - Other
Multigame
$ 2.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 11.95
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 78.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
Little Shop Of Games
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Mods for your pinballs
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 349.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 18.95
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
...redshiftLED
Apparel - Unisex
ArcadeMade
$ 34.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com
There are 18272 posts in this topic. You are on page 228 of 366.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside