Topic Stats

• 18,413 posts
  • 823 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 47 days ago by freeplay3
  • Topic is favorited by 187 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,549 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200619_181740 (resized).jpg
20181223_161836 (resized).jpg
E16C0850-4F24-4E9B-AC12-7791B43AF112 (resized).jpeg
Clevon (resized).jpg
0C707122-51D1-4488-8B69-8C91DA48018D.jpeg
72329539_10219705910182373_6362298985876553728_n (resized).jpg
pirateplayersclub (resized).jpg
case against keith.pdf (PDF preview)
_2_16-21030.pdf (PDF preview)
Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
194b3475e0440b8112afc0ac4ad5bf0ed0e8ec3db63fb4b6748a4f2e06a9865b (resized).jpg
31A053C2-4495-4E3E-980F-E5ADEA02F1DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

87 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18413 posts in this topic. You are on page 225 of 369.
#11201 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

To everyone involved in the legal battle, keep it up! This is proof positive that what you are doing is having an effect on Kevin.

#11202 4 years ago

HappyDayz =

image_(resized).jpeg

#11203 4 years ago

HappyDayz is now Frozen (can they still get PMs?)

#11204 4 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

If HappyDayz is Tim Fife then he is using a duplicate account to get around his frozen PinChilli account correct?
The fact he came here to talk people out of continuing litigation and if anything has now fired people up with the opposite effect is just great. Let Kevin fight with his family and friends.

HappyDayz is frozen.

For the record, once a person is banned from Pinside, he/she is always banned unless pardoned by Robin. There is no special privilege for anyone. While we may not be as quick as some would prefer, we do our homework and research before freezing an account that is suspected of being a duplicate account for a banned member. Once we have accumulated enough evidence to reach a consensus on the mod team, we take action.

Moving forward, we ask that people send us PMs, use the abuse report tool or open a mod feedback thread if they feel a banned person has returned to Pinside using another account. Using the forum to call Pinside an "embarrassment" or any other form of passive aggressive posts will be subject to moderation under the "Do not criticize Staff actions" rule.

If you want to discuss the mod team handling of HappyDayz, Kaneda, or any other topic not related to Skit-B or Predator, please open a moderator thread. This thread is not the location for such discussions moving forward.

Thanks.

Marcus

#11205 4 years ago
Quoted from HappyDayz:

My sole reason for getting my hands on the game was to look at the game code and how they solved several other issues (like boot-up sequence and powering on) for my own P-ROC project. That was it. No other grand conspiracy.

So you do have a vested interest in keeping Kevin from being sued and chased until the end of time.

#11206 4 years ago

So happydayz purchased the machine knowing full well that is was an unlicensed product. I take it that move isn't legal?? Would that be like purchasing a piece of stolen property? Or is it like the pawn stars that purchased a piece of merchandise not knowing that it wasn't hot or like wasn't an antique firearm? But something they can get in heat over as well and get seized?
Either way anyone getting involved with that machine now are doing it for personal profit and or to show-off like a twisted trophy. More wierd scumbag moves in my opinion.
Would a court look at it as helping support criminal activity?

#11207 4 years ago

On the subject of the game itself, I totally get that it should not be in anyones personal collection, but does everyone really want it destroyed?

I know feelings are hot right now but as an outsider to this chain of events, I think this machine has actually become an interesting part of pinball history. As one who feels history consists of the good bad and ugly (lest we not learn from past mistakes), it would be sad to see it destroyed. Personally I think it should be in a musem along with the full story. Would that be objectionable?

#11208 4 years ago

5d058bfff1b0b3a378c8288ae74449e15793c742e9f2923dba1f5397a57961c0_(resized).jpg

#11209 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

So you do have a vested interest in keeping Kevin from being sued and chased until the end of time.

554705_(resized).png

#11210 4 years ago
Quoted from HappyDayz:My sole reason for getting my hands on the game was to look at the game code and how they solved several other issues (like boot-up sequence and powering on) for my own P-ROC project. That was it. No other grand conspiracy.

That research story doesn't hold water. Just like Kevin, tell a lie to cover a lie.

#11211 4 years ago

It continues to get hotter.

Keep up the pressure, boys.

#11212 4 years ago
Quoted from woodworker:

Lol.
It's just like the interrogation room at the police department. If somebody is lying, their story eventually changes.

image_(resized).jpeg

#11213 4 years ago
Quoted from HappyDayz:

My sole reason for getting my hands on the game was to look at the game code and how they solved several other issues (like boot-up sequence and powering on) for my own P-ROC project. That was it. No other grand conspiracy.

yeah, because it is not like there aren't 100 other guys out there who could help with that, and at least a half dozen experts, regardless of which framework, that spend time every day helping people. In addition, using Predator code to learn how to do things would probably be a mistake, since that is based on the original framework and a lot has changed since then.

BTW, if it is software issues with your predator, I can fix that for you, would just cost . . . lets see, how much is owed to the buyers . . .

#11214 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

He cares because happydayz is Tim Fife whom currently is in possession of predator #2

It's amazing how uncommon that name is. 5 seconds of google search brought me to his facebook and linked in page. Using predator code to build a "breaking bad" pin, how fitting.

#11215 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Here is an interesting question:
When do you guys think Stern knew the license for Predator was bogus? Stern goes to all the licensing shows and events, surely they inquired at some level and knew there was no license.
By no means am I saying Stern had an obligation to do anything one way or the other, I'm just pondering on when they knew as I bet it was prior to us.

I asked Arnold personally about it at a press event when he came over to Triple H (whom I had asked a pinball question about Wrestlemania) and Arnold said that it wasn't a thing since he I guess personally approves all of his likenesses. It was kinda funny b/c I was interviewing Triple H and Arnold comes over, and HHH says to him, 'hey this guy actually did ask me a question that nobody had asked me before' (I had prefaced my question with that and HHH looked at me skeptically).

Anyhow, after he tells me it was a pinball question, Arnold goes to HHH something like "guess how many pinball machines I'm in!" and slaps him on the back laughing.

#11216 4 years ago
Quoted from NoahFentz:

Needless to say, I'm tired of 'taking the rap' for him here.

You are caught up in the whole thing, no getting out of that. You made some bold statements that have come back to bite you. It happens.

Having said that, I think a great way for vendors to clear their name would be to be open about what Kevin paid you for and what you delivered back to him.

#11217 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Imagine how much Stern would still suck if they still didn't have competition to push them to innovate? Remember games like Metallica and AC/DC didn't come out until Jersey Jack came along.

Stern is being innovating ?

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.
269-979-3836

#11218 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

He cares because happydayz is Tim Fife whom currently is in possession of predator #2.
He is friends with SkitB and also seems to be directly concerned about the machine he has in his possession.

Whysnow for President!

#11220 4 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

On the subject of the game itself, I totally get that it should not be in anyones personal collection, but does everyone really want it destroyed?
I know feelings are hot right now but as an outsider to this chain of events, I think this machine has actually become an interesting part of pinball history. As one who feels history consists of the good bad and ugly (lest we not learn from past mistakes), it would be sad to see it destroyed. Personally I think it should be in a musem along with the full story. Would that be objectionable?

I'd like to play it someday. It seemed like it might have actually been fun to play.. everyone who lost obviously felt/thought something similar at some point.

#11221 4 years ago

So happydayz has a tainted game, and he's on here stirring up shit like a cock, what a tool

#11222 4 years ago

For we have no Kevin to tear into, we tear into each other.

#11223 4 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

It seems to me the games should have been sold at a public auction (including internet bidding) with the proceeds being divided up proportionally to everyone who is still owed money. The games would have likely sold for quite a bit of money, and at least to me the games would no longer be tainted because everything would have been on the up-and-up with the money going toward restitution for the victims rather than going to pay Kevin's legal fees and what-not.

#11224 4 years ago
Quoted from LadySlingshot:

Kevin was traveling around with a working machine. It all seemed legit. Fox had no idea. If that mob didn't bang on foxes door, everyone would have their pin. Not the right way, but they'd have something for their money. Those guys suck too. They got their refund then wanted to end it. They had to know those waiting for pins would get nothing.

So your going with the Scooby doo ending?

image_(resized).jpeg

#11225 4 years ago

HappyDayz is PinChili.

what_(resized).jpg

Okay, that makes a lot of sense.

#11226 4 years ago

Found this Youtube vid by Tim Fife of his Predator being played.

#11227 4 years ago

Somebody should save that video for evidence.

#11228 4 years ago

That video is of Predator #1 (the black prototype game) which Kevin took to all the shows. Recorded at the Sharks Club in Howell Michigan during 2014 (Sharks club is no longer, now Block brewery.) It is running old software (no comma in the scores). This is not the one and only "official production" machine (predator #2, Tim's machine.) Note also that the RGB LED modes don't seem to be implement (an "extra option"). Can not tell if it has a shaker motor either (again another "extra option".) or laser pointer. Predator #2 didn't even exist at this time. And If you listen you can hear Kevin narrating the video.

#11229 4 years ago
Quoted from kst8cat:

It seems to me the games should have been sold at a public auction (including internet bidding) with the proceeds being divided up proportionally to everyone who is still owed money. The games would have likely sold for quite a bit of money, and at least to me the games would no longer be tainted because everything would have been on the up-and-up with the money going toward restitution for the victims rather than going to pay Kevin's legal fees and what-not.

At this point I just want a working predator to end up someplace where I could play it.. Added bonus would be a place where it's well maintained.
Kevin can reap what he sewed, I just hope a game survives.

#11230 4 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Somebody should save that video for evidence.

Why don't you be that "somebody"? Otherwise the famous Michigan attorney (who can do no wrong) should have found all of this and "saved" the video during the Discovery phase.
A hint for you, that video means nothing as shown on boob tube. Whoever posted it has to be verified by boobtube and that info is delivered to the Court that demands the information. It gonna cost ya.......

#11231 4 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

That video is of Predator #1 (the black prototype game) which Kevin took to all the shows. Recorded at the Sharks Club in Howell Michigan during 2014 (Sharks club is no longer, now Block brewery.) It is running old software (no comma in the scores). This is not the one and only "official production" machine (predator #2, Tim's machine.) Note also that the RGB LED modes don't seem to be implement (an "extra option"). Can not tell if it has a shaker motor either (again another "extra option".) or laser pointer. Predator #2 didn't even exist at this time. And If you listen you can hear Kevin narrating the video.

Clay, since you know so much about Tim's and Kevin's machines, tell us more about the other ones, too?

Quoted from Whysnow:

When I was at the VFW show last month it was made clear to me that Clay has 2 Predator machines in his possession. 1 supposedly full functioning and 1 not/parts machine. I assume in his personal collection as they were not at the VFW. People in his club verified for me that he had them.
I asked Clay why the heck he was not at least letting the public (the people that even made it possible for him to have those games) play them and he turned white as a ghost and fumbled his words. He was caught off guard as he was not expecting the question. He stumbled around and settle on Tim Fife as being the only person with a game and took off to get away from the conversation. I am actually happy that Clay has these games as he is a great curator of pinball. I just wish he would put them in the public for play rather than stashing them away.
I am a bit miffed that he is unwilling to own up to having them, which could be useful to those with ongoing legal battles. Continuing here to lie that there were only 2 games (the Tim Fife one and the other black one) is sad, as many of us know there were 4 fully built prototype or preproduction games. We also know there are parts for the first 10 production games.

#11232 4 years ago

does the 'discovery phase' delve into movement of monies/assets , transfer of ownership and what not ?..

some of the money is somewhere.. not just under his name. some gone of course, but surely not all.

#11233 4 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

you seem to know a lot about Tim's and Kevin's machines? Why don't you tell us more about the other ones?

There are no other ones, just #1 black prototype and #2 which is Tim's. Those are the only ones Kevin made.

#11234 4 years ago

If Tim bought the game from Kevin then Kevin has to declare that money and pay taxes correct?

If it was not a sale then it is still property with illegal IP and open to confiscation and destruction.

#11235 4 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

If Tim bought the game from Kevin then Kevin has to declare that money and pay taxes correct?

Technically correct, but Kevin will likely claim he had a tax basis in the object higher than what he collected on the sale.

There are rules with regards to selling items that infringe on IP but from the perspective of the IRS those rules do not impact reporting obligations.

#11236 4 years ago
Quoted from NoahFentz:

We took a deposit on cabinets. That part's true. It's not even close to the amount I've seen people post here, though

Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

great way for vendors to clear their name would be to be open about what Kevin paid you for and what you delivered back to him

Well here you go Noah, your chance to clear it all up for us...

#11237 4 years ago

The old stuff will never be destroyed if it's not in Kevin's posession... People need to stop bearing that horse. That's another legal battle that no one will fund and pursue.

Taxes... You really think a project that was all work and no sales is going to be a net positive?? Given his other diligence it's a fair assumption he didn't file properly, but all that avenue does is introduce another collector in the discussion that would override all of you and bog the entire legal process.... Slowing the entire thing down even more. That is something you throw out there long after your own civil attempts have dried up and you just want a cloud to follow them.

#11238 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

and you just want a cloud to follow them

Maybe throw in some acid rain.

#11239 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

People need to stop bearing that horse.

Nope.

Those machines will always be a black mark for whomever owns them, and I'm not personally ever going to let up on that unless all of the people that got screwed say that it's OK for a machine to be owned by someone else.

It's a real dick move to own one of the machines... What an insult to people who lost thousands.

It's not like these machines were production machines that were built and properly sold. These machines were gotten after all the shit went down, in secret.

Quoted from flynnibus:

you just want a cloud to follow them.

You are exactly right. I want a cloud to follow Kevin and these machines for the rest of their existence. We see it differently.

#11240 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Those machines will always be a black mark for whomever owns them, and I'm not personally ever going to let up on that unless all of the people that got screwed say that it's OK for a machine to be owned by someone else.
It's a real dick move to own one of the machines... What an insult to people who lost thousands.

While I generally agree with this, I would make an exception for the machines if they appeared at the PHOF (or similar location)...that would not bother me.

#11241 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

While I generally agree with this, I would make an exception for the machines if they appeared at the PHOF (or similar location)...that would not bother me.

I could get behind that as long as the people who got screwed were cool with it. I'd never play it personally. Too much "blood" in the history.

#11242 4 years ago

A publicly available game is the optimal outcome IMO. I suspect it's never coming back out of the shadows unless Clay or someone else builds one or a museum snags one.

#11243 4 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

toss it off a roof & set it on fire.
charge an "in person" attendance fee. distribute those funds back to people who where stolen from by kevin for this pin.
then post the video here.

#11244 4 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

toss it off a roof & set it on fire.

4675064e74be608035200a63349b1fa6f78b7553b2846c980ce05f55eb4762eb_(resized).jpg

#11245 4 years ago

What a dramatic, epic disaster. This is the worst side of what's supposed to be a fun hobby. I think this topic should be locked and closed for good. It serves no useful purpose.

#11246 4 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

What a dramatic, epic disaster. This is the worst side of what's supposed to be a fun hobby. I think this topic should be locked and closed for good. It serves no useful purpose.

You don't think venting is a useful purpose? It's like ... therapy.

#11247 4 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

It serves no useful purpose.

Can't close this thread, it would just result in new spin out threads where people who just learned of the situation needed the entire thing re-hashed and where people who already drained this thread would have to drain a new thread.

This is one of Pinside's most favorited (and most drained) threads for a reason, for that reason the thread will remain open.

#11248 4 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

does the 'discovery phase' delve into movement of monies/assets , transfer of ownership and what not ?..
some of the money is somewhere.. not just under his name. some gone of course, but surely not all.

That would not be the main focus of the existing civil lawsuits, no. Some questions may be asked, and some information may come to light though.

If/when a monetary judgment is rendered for the plaintiffs (and assuming loser Kevin does not pay the judgment amounts) the plaintiffs would then have the option to pursue additional legal methods to discover Kevin's assets and ascertain his ability to pay the judgment amounts. That's when it would really be open season on seeing where the money went.

The same discovery of assets questions could come up in the bankruptcy hearing if enough creditors objected to the discharge of debts. Typically it does not happen though as that would mean he lied on his bankruptcy application....and that would be a federal offense....and of course nobody would do that, correct?

#11249 4 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

If/when there's some outcome to the civil proceedings and bankruptcy, this is the thread for it. It's not a dead issue until that's all resolved.

#11250 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

This is one of Pinside's most favorited (and most drained) threads for a reason, for that reason the thread will remain open.

I like to call this "The Kaneda Effect"

also, this thread needs fisticuffs. Badly.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 7.00
Electronics
APB Enterprises
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 269.99
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball USA
$ 58.00
$ 69.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 7,500.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 289.00
$ 210.00
Playfields
Hookedonpinball.com
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 24.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 150.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 24.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
There are 18413 posts in this topic. You are on page 225 of 369.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside