Clevon (resized).jpg
0C707122-51D1-4488-8B69-8C91DA48018D.jpeg
72329539_10219705910182373_6362298985876553728_n (resized).jpg
pirateplayersclub (resized).jpg
case against keith.pdf (PDF preview)
_2_16-21030.pdf (PDF preview)
Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

87 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,488 posts in this topic. You are on page 223 of 370.
#11101 7 years ago

You guys should start a go fund me for it, I'd donate to help put a nail in this coffin

#11102 7 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

You guys should start a go fund me for it, I'd donate to help put a nail in this coffin

I think that is great and probably a first. Post the story and see if people want to pitch in to go FU-- the guy.

#11103 7 years ago

This idea that people should've verified the license is ridiculous. Just think of everything you've ever purchased in your life. Have you ever checked on the license?

Things I own that I have never checked on the license: Movies on Blu Ray, TV shows on Blu-Ray, Netflix, Video Games, Pinball Machines, NHL Jerseys, NFL Apparel, I've been to Restaurants, Disney, Universal, etc. Never once have I ever checked out the license. How many of you have purchased a Madden video game, then proceed to call the NFL and the NFLPA to make sure this was a licensed product?

#11104 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

This idea that people should've verified the license is ridiculous. Just think of everything you've ever purchased in your life. Have you ever checked on the license?
Things I own that I have never checked on the license: Movies on Blu Ray, TV shows on Blu-Ray, Netflix, Video Games, Pinball Machines, NHL Jerseys, NFL Apparel, I've been to Restaurants, Disney, Universal, etc. Never once have I ever checked out the license. How many of you have purchased a Madden video game, then proceed to call the NFL and the NFLPA to make sure this was a licensed product?

I don't think the idea was that everyone needs to verify the license behind everything they buy. That's silly. I think the idea was if you're promoting a major (pinball) show, you might want to vet the company and product you are using to promote your own show. Of course, the argument kind of falls down when VirtuaPin was using the same company and game to promote themselves and obviously the vet'ing process went as far as "Oh, you have the license, sounds legit." If you have a legitimate license for something how hard is it to produce a letter or signed contract for using that copyrighted material? It seems like that would be pretty darn easy to ask for, no? I certainly don't blame him for believing Kevin and making cabinets. But I also wouldn't be pointing fingers at pinball show organizers as a reason why I believed Kevin.

Side note here ... anyone notice something on VirtuaPin's Facebook page? Look at the top image used for the page. Do you recognize that second game in the lineup with yellow armor? Experts Of Dangerous! Nothing wrong with it but a little irony there that a Skit-B game is still being used for promotion.

#11105 7 years ago

I just hope the CNC machine dives on every Gcode. "He dun goofed ya'll", excuse the six figures, "plz 4give"...

Kevin and his built like a potato wife will never get away from this.

#11106 7 years ago
Quoted from HappyDayz:

I don't think the idea was that everyone needs to verify the license behind everything they buy. That's silly. I think the idea was if you're promoting a major (pinball) show, you might want to vet the company and product you are using to promote your own show. Of course, the argument kind of falls down when VirtuaPin was using the same company and game to promote themselves and obviously the vet'ing process went as far as "Oh, you have the license, sounds legit." If you have a legitimate license for something how hard is it to produce a letter or signed contract for using that copyrighted material? It seems like that would be pretty darn easy to ask for, no? I certainly don't blame him for believing Kevin and making cabinets. But I also wouldn't be pointing fingers at pinball show organizers as a reason why I believed Kevin.
Side note here ... anyone notice something on VirtuaPin's Facebook page? Look at the top image used for the page. Do you recognize that second game in the lineup with yellow armor? Experts Of Dangerous! Nothing wrong with it but a little irony there that a Skit-B game is still being used for promotion.

1) I would imagine the contract between FOX and Kevin (had there been one) would probably have been very difficult to show off for a vast number of reasons (confidentiality, financial info, terms and stipulations, etc. that's not something anyone would openly share when trying to run a business).
2) Most importantly, how would anyone know if the piece of paper Kevin showed off to be the "contract" with the IP rights would have actually been legit? He lied about having the license, how hard would it have been to lie and make a phony letter or contract with Fox letterhead to pass off? No one would know if it was real or fake.

When everything got scrubbed from the internet and he radically changed his payment terms, it was like a blinding flash of light that something was clearly wrong...

#11107 7 years ago

I understood the whistle blowers simply got in touch with the Fox IP dept. It didn't seem they had much trouble determining he didn't have the license, so verification really doesn't look that difficult.

Recently someone pulled a similar technique to determine if Stern already had a particular pinball license with an inquiry about obtaining a license and being told another pinball company already had the license.

#11108 7 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

I understood the whistle blowers simply got in touch with the Fox IP dept. It didn't seem they had much trouble determining he didn't have the license, so verification really doesn't look that difficult.
Recently someone pulled a similar technique to determine if Stern already had a particular pinball license with an inquiry about obtaining a license and being told another pinball company already had the license.

The whistleblowers said it was difficult to get ahold of Fox IP.

#11109 7 years ago

I hear its difficult to get ahold of Kevin

#11110 7 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Bump for this final push. Kevin is on his way out the door, if we don't grab him by the ankles and bring him to the ground he WALKS AWAY front this! With no debt!! Please PM Enaud ASAP. We can't let this scoundrel win and bankrupt his way out of this nightmare. This looks like our final chance to fight for justice and change Kevin's life forever.

The man has declared bankruptcy.

Why are you guys willing to spend more money on money that you will never see again?

While I completely understand the "I'm not going down without a fight" mentality, bottom line is that you're still not getting your money back.

Over the years, I've taken three people to court for vandalizing rental properties of mine. Each one pulled this same shit. It took me almost 10 years to get compensated!

After all of the loss time from work, court fees, lawyer fees, etc. etc. it wasn't even worth the fight.

Bottom line, the judicial system is a scam that only benefits judges and attorneys.

Just my two cents...

#11111 7 years ago

Predator Pre-Order: $250
Traveling to Show To Play Machine: $350
Cost of Predator machine: $6,000
Amount of Money Lost: $600,000
Lesson Learned by Every Pinball Collector Across The Globe: Priceless

The man has declared bankruptcy. It's over guys. Same with the JPOP guys. It sucks beyond belief but it's not worth it anymore. The only people who will get paid are the lawyers. Think about it like a bad stock investment. It happens sometimes. Companies promise and don't deliver every day. Kevin was no exception. Trying to look back with hindsight is only going to make people kick themselves more. You don't deserve the pain, he does. Kevin is going to spend the rest of his life feeling like shit. All he had was pinball and that stupid skull cap. Now he's just a broke loser who can't show his face anywhere connected to the stuff he loves. He literally has nothing. Yes, you all lost some money (and to some it's more than just 'some' money), but it's a lesson learned. Only buy from reputable companies who have a history of shipping quality pins on time.

#11112 7 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

The man has filed for bankruptcy.
Why are you guys willing to spend more money on money that you will never see again?

There are other people than just he who may have liability. His mother, his wife, and his original joint venture partner have not filed bankruptcy.

#11113 7 years ago

So who's willing to pick up the pieces, sit down with Fox and see if we can get this sucker licensed after all?

#11114 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

So who's willing to pick up the pieces, sit down with Fox and see if we can get this sucker licensed after all?

Only name that comes to mind is JPOP.

#11115 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

There are other people than just he who may have liability. His mother...

Oh brother! You guys are going after poor grandma?

Granny_(resized).jpgGranny_(resized).jpg

#11116 7 years ago

He collected money, didn't refund the money...where is the money? Sounds like he owes 35% of that money to the IRS. The best collection agency on the planet where a bankruptcy doesn't get rid of the debt. They get enough complaint forms about Kevin and something will be done.

#11117 7 years ago
Quoted from LadySlingshot:

Only buy from reputable companies who have a history of shipping quality pins on time.

If everyone stuck with this logic no company except stern would exist. Spooky, jjp, highway, Dutch pinball all only exist because people took a chance on them. Instead of blaming us for having faith in a startup company you should be thanking us. Boutique pinball only exists if people take a chance.

#11118 7 years ago

His mother was in on the scam. She was at shows selling the game as well. So damn right we're going after grandma. Let them all file for bankruptcy. Don't scam people out of a million dollars+ and they wouldn't have had to worry about it.

#11119 7 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

If everyone stuck with this logic no company except stern would exist. Spooky, jjp, highway, Dutch pinball all only exist because people took a chance on them

Imagine how much Stern would still suck if they still didn't have competition to push them to innovate? Remember games like Metallica and AC/DC didn't come out until Jersey Jack came along.

#11120 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The theme is forever tainted. I personally think its wrong to even own one of the prototypes, given how many people were hurt over it.

#11121 7 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

The theme is forever tainted. I personally think its wrong to even own one of the prototypes, given how many people were hurt over it.

I never got to play one. It was down the one time I saw it. If CFH is right about the game actually being fun I could see the taint on it fading over time. I think it would be cool if the VFW had one in the lineup. There would at least be one well maintained predator available to the public. Much better scenario than nothing IMO.

#11122 7 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

I never got to play one. It was down the one time I saw it. If CFH is right about the game actually being fun I could see the taint on it fading over time. I think it would be cool if the VFW had one in the lineup. There would at least be one well maintained predator available to the public. Much better scenario than nothing IMO.

I've never played one either, and won't.

Now... Rick & Morty.... That's a pin I'm ready to play.

#11123 7 years ago

Now he's just a broke loser who can't show his face anywhere connected to the stuff he loves. .

Bullshit....he showed up at an auction and the only thing that happened to him was getting his photo taken...strutting around like he does not give a shit...

#11124 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

He collected money, didn't refund the money...where is the money? Sounds like he owes 35% of that money to the IRS. The best collection agency on the planet where a bankruptcy doesn't get rid of the debt. They get enough complaint forms about Kevin and something will be done.

Have you seen his tax returns for the past few years? How do you know he did not file and pay his taxes?

#11125 7 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

If everyone stuck with this logic no company except stern would exist. Spooky, jjp, highway, Dutch pinball all only exist because people took a chance on them. Instead of blaming us for having faith in a startup company you should be thanking us. Boutique pinball only exists if people take a chance.

Ok, how about this. Only buy pinball from boutiques that DO NOT assemble their pins in their Mom's kitchen.

#11126 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Have you seen his tax returns for the past few years? How do you know he did not file and pay his taxes?

I haven't seen his returns either, but I would gladly take the bet that he didn't declare Predator cash as income.

#11127 7 years ago

Ok, how about this. Only buy pinball from boutiques that DO NOT assemble their pins in their Mom's kitchen.

Or just stop buying boutiques and stop preordering.

#11128 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Pre-order money is not income. When the machines are delivered, then it becomes income. He hasn't refunded the money. No refund = income.

I highly doubt Kevin understands this basic accounting-tax principal.

#11129 7 years ago

Only buy from reputable companies who have a history of shipping quality pins on time.

That's pretty rich, Mr. ZidwarePR.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread……………mg-raza-and-aiw…?tq&tu=Zidwarepr

#11130 7 years ago

I wonder if there is anyone on Pinside who *doesn't* think that LadySlingshot is Kaneda?

#11131 7 years ago

Here is an interesting question:

When do you guys think Stern knew the license for Predator was bogus? Stern goes to all the licensing shows and events, surely they inquired at some level and knew there was no license.

By no means am I saying Stern had an obligation to do anything one way or the other, I'm just pondering on when they knew as I bet it was prior to us.

#11132 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Here is an interesting question:
When do you guys think Stern knew the license for Predator was bogus? Stern goes to all the licensing shows and events, surely they inquired at some level and knew there was no license.
By no means am I saying Stern had an obligation to do anything one way or the other, I'm just pondering on when they knew as I bet it was prior to us.

I knew it he second he scrubbed his website and YouTube of anything Predator related. Wasn't that like a year or more before everything fell apart. That, along with the fact that none of the artwork had any copyright/trademark notices on it. I guarantee Stern knew he didn't have it, as they work with Fox for licensing (FGY, 24, Avatar)

#11133 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I knew it he second he scrubbed his website and YouTube of anything Predator related. Wasn't that like a year or more before everything fell apart.

Yes it was.

Quoted from Rarehero:I guarantee Stern knew he didn't have it, as they work with Fox for licensing (FGY, 24, Avatar)

That's what I'm thinking as well. They knew from the beginning is my bet.

#11134 7 years ago

...and yet I can only imagine the bashing that people here would have given Stern if they came out and claimed that Skit-b didn't have the license for Predator.

"Stern is trying to kill the competition" and "they have no morals, this is BS tactics" etc.

#11136 7 years ago

The next question is, if Stern knew (and it sounds like we believe they did) did Stern inform anyone? Any of their distirbutors perhaps? Other people?

How about Rick at Planetary? Think he knew? Think Stern told him? They do work together closely according to Rick. Rick proports to be and holds himself out as a giant "moral fiber" guy, if he knew surely he would have informed us instantly right?

#11137 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Rick proports to be and holds himself out as a giant "moral fiber" guy

laughing-my-ass-off-smiley-emoticon.giflaughing-my-ass-off-smiley-emoticon.gif

#11138 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

I hear its difficult to get ahold of Kevin

I heard Kevin Kulec defrauded hundreds of people of thousands of dollars by selling them a NON-licensed Predator pinball machine that he promised to build them. I found out Kevin Kulec is a lying CONman and a great big douchebag. He has avoided returning any of the money that he obtained illegally with deception , and that he later promised to return to each consumer. Kevin Kulec doesn't sound like someone I'd care to do business, rather he should be wearing an orange jumpsuit and sitting in jail somewhere. Kevin Kulec should be forced to work each day he's in prison and to save up and repay the hundreds of thousands that he stole.

#11139 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

...and yet I can only imagine the bashing that people here would have given Stern if they came out and claimed that Skit-b didn't have the license for Predator.
"Stern is trying to kill the competition" and "they have no morals, this is BS tactics" etc.

Milton would have been furious.

#11140 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

The next question is, if Stern knew (and it sounds like we believe they did) did Stern inform anyone? Any of their distirbutors perhaps? Other people?
How about Rick at Planetary? Think he knew? Think Stern told him? They do work together closely according to Rick. Rick proports to be and holds himself out as a giant "moral fiber" guy, if he knew surely he would have informed us instantly right?

It would be in their best interest to just stay away as far as possible and just make sure none of that stink gets on their boots. If they know it's shady, they also know how hard it is to actually get stuff done they know it will likely just blow up on their own.

I bet at best one would do is drop hints with suppliers asking 'is that the kind of operation you want to get involved in? Are you going to get paid, etc'

Stern gains nothing from being involved and only faces potential negatives from trying to be a player.. Pro or con

#11141 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Would you have believed the information?!!

These people would have been blasted as being trolls or haters.

The reason why this scam worked so well is because, most of these individuals are bold & arrogant smart-asses who don't take advice and criticism well.

knowitall_(resized).jpgknowitall_(resized).jpg

#11142 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I wonder if there is anyone on Pinside who *doesn't* think that LadySlingshot is Kaneda?

Of course he's Kaneda. Unless Chris became Christine. I think the mods are just tired of hitting the ban button. Me? I would never tire of it when that nut is on here.

#11143 7 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

The theme is forever tainted.

I guess that means Predator 2 is out of the question too.

th_(resized).jpgth_(resized).jpg

#11144 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I wonder if there is anyone on Pinside who "doesn't" think RobT is anonymous.

#11145 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I heard Kevin Kulec defrauded hundreds of people of thousands of dollars by selling them a NON-licensed Predator pinball machine that he promised to build them. I found out Kevin Kulec is a lying CONman and a great big douchebag. He has avoided returning any of the money that he obtained illegally with deception , and that he later promised to return to each consumer. Kevin Kulec doesn't sound like someone I'd care to do business, rather he should be wearing an orange jumpsuit and sitting in jail somewhere. Kevin Kulec should be forced to work each day he's in prison and to save up and repay the hundreds of thousands that he stole.

Well said

#11146 7 years ago

I've been following this thread for a while. I have no fight in this but have the following comments and conclusions.

1. This Kevin is a total fuckwod and deserves bankruptcy, foreclosure and serious jail time (edited)
2. Hopefully you all get resolve and although unlikely a full reimbursement for whatever you have invested into this douchebag.
3. Anyone who slightly defends him in any way, is either him, a friend or related to him. (You suck btw)
4. (edited)
5. Good luck to all of you who want to keep the fight alive. By the sounds of it lawyers cost a hell of alot more then he can afford and eventually will have to give up the charade/fight.

Happy 4th of July weekend

#11147 7 years ago

I have stated at least three times but for some reason no one will respond. File proceedings against his wife, mother everyone who was a part of skitb.

Kevin don't give a toss what you guys think, however if his wife gets dragged into court and might lose her photography business, imagine dinner time conversations. Likewise his mother and other friends. They will apply pressure to Kevin like nothing a court would do.
Treat it like a lever to make his home life miserable.

#11148 7 years ago

Federal Wire Fraud
Wire fraud relates to the use of electronic communications to carry out a scheme which seeks to unlawfully acquire money or property. Electronic communication usually refers to the use of telephone, fax, or internet. Generally, three elements must be proven in order to convict a defendant of wire fraud. First, it must be established that there was a scheme to defraud (there was, the hook was predator theme). Second, the defendant must have knowingly and willingly participated in the scheme with the intent to defraud (He built said machine and attended pinball shows with non-licensed machine). Third, it must be shown that interstate wire communications were used to further the scheme (again , assuring payer's that they were receiving licensed product). Those convicted face 20 years imprisonment and a fine. If the scheme involved defrauding a financial institution, a conviction may result in a 30 year sentence and a $1,000,000 fine.

It is important to note that a victim does not need to actually be deprived of property or deceived for a conviction under the mail fraud or wire fraud statutes. Even the intent to deprive a victim of property will support conviction. It also generally does not matter if the property in question is tangible or intangible. Even an intention to deprive a person of his intangible right to control his assets can result in conviction. Each separate instance of wire communication or use of the mail in furtherance of a scheme generally constitutes a separate offense.

If a defendant participated in a fraudulent scheme without knowledge of the fraud (he did) he is not guilty under the law. Because the government will generally use circumstantial evidence to try to prove intent, if a defendant can show justification for a good faith belief that his actions were legal (he knew they were not, he received a cease and desist letter from fox) , it will be difficult for a jury to convict him for fraud.

Instead of a local DA, someone might want to contact a Federal DA.?

#11149 7 years ago
Quoted from str8cash:

4. If so many people seem to know where he's from, what he looks like. Why haven't you paid him a friendly visit? If anyone rips me off you better stay hidden because I'd be coming for your ass. A beaten and broken man can still attend court

I would think Kevin has invested in personal protection by now??

Quoted from PinPatch:

if his wife gets dragged into court and might lose her photography business

These wannabe photographers are a dime a dozen and dont make much money ... Everyone thinks they can just snap pics and call themselves a pro.

Keep the pressure on and maybe wife will get tired of Bullshit and leave his sorry ass..Take the kids and Kevin is a broken fat boy for life.
I wonder if he would even pay child support???

#11150 7 years ago
Quoted from str8cash:

If anyone rips me off you better stay hidden because I'd be coming for your ass. A beaten and broken man can still attend court

That's short game thinking.

To really tear someone down you gotta be in it for the long game.

There are 18,488 posts in this topic. You are on page 223 of 370.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-skit-b-predator-discussion/page/223 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.