Topic Stats

• 18,272 posts
  • 815 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,540 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
194b3475e0440b8112afc0ac4ad5bf0ed0e8ec3db63fb4b6748a4f2e06a9865b (resized).jpg
31A053C2-4495-4E3E-980F-E5ADEA02F1DE (resized).jpeg
IMG_2933 (resized).JPG
beetlejuice-shrunken head (resized).jpg
2716720260_bc8966f6b1 (resized).jpg
D460F55E-AD42-43C6-91EB-B8162A84A094.gif
Screenshot_20190103-214734_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20181108-174321 (resized).png
Fife Appeal Sept 24 2018.pdf (PDF preview)
cat ooo 2.gif
7332539.attach (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

86 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 18272 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 366.
#1051 4 years ago
Quoted from icust298:

If you're going to get fired for looking at a "boob" pic at work, you're not as valuable to the company as you think.

I don't care who you are, if someone complains to HR about feeling "sexually harassed" by something on your monitor, you are in for a world of hurt.

The company will protect itself at all costs. If you think you are immune to that, you either own the company or you are fooling yourself.

#1052 4 years ago
Quoted from icust298:

If you're going to get fired for looking at a "boob" pic at work, you're not as valuable to the company as you think.

you are SO SO SO wrong....

#1053 4 years ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

Nice display case Ted!

No doubt! I have seen some of Ted's collection in person and it's awesome. He makes Steve Carell's character in The 40 year old virgin, look like a wanna be collector. No offense, Ted. It's the only comparison I can think of that truly gives an idea of what you have amassed in your collection.

#1054 4 years ago

Thanks!!....I think...

#1055 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Thanks!!....I think.

No Doubt!Your poster collection changed my wife's mind on how nice some well framed posters can really add to the decor of a room.

OK, I think I derailed the thread enough.

#1056 4 years ago

No worries...ok to pass the time while waiting for an update...

#1057 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Leslie and Anne were friends.

Leslie was a friend of mine with a long association. I was walking down a hallway at the NBC Network studios in Burbank and ran into him. I spoke too him, made a compliment, and kept on walking. And THAT is the length of my 'long time' association with him!!!

#1058 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Big Forbidden Planet fan! Leslie and Anne were friends. I DO have a few Robby's

Looks like that collection needs a good dusting.

#1059 4 years ago

That's great!
We had him as a guest at Chiller. I brought my repro hand blaster and you should have seen his face light up when he saw it. It not only lights up, but makes the exact sound the blaster made in the film.
...ch ch ch... ch ch ch...ch ch ch ch ch ch (see pic above)

#1060 4 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

Looks like that collection needs a good dusting.

True! Haven't been in there for weeks! Mostly down in the Cigar Room getting it ready...

334710-i.jpg
#1061 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

True! Haven't been in there for weeks! Mostly down in the Cigar Room getting it ready...

334710-i.jpg 65 KB

When is the party? I have cubans.

#1062 4 years ago

Whenever you're in Jersey, the party will be ready....

#1063 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

pm me when that one happens, i wanna be there...

#1064 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I'll take you up on that one day.

Quoted from ccotenj:

pm me when that one happens, i wanna be there...

First round is on me.

#1065 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I'll take you up on that one day.

Anytime!

Quoted from ccotenj:pm me when that one happens, i wanna be there...

You don't have to wait...

#1066 4 years ago
Quoted from icust298:

lol....

Just wait till you get your first real job!

#1067 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Anytime!

You don't have to wait...

if spring ever gets here, i'm taking you up on that offer...

#1069 4 years ago

can someone get this thread back on track and post a update?

#1070 4 years ago

The update was ccotenj is coming over to have drinks in the Spring....

#1071 4 years ago

Ted,

Going to a conference in Wayne, NJ next month. Would enjoy shooting the breeze with you if that is anywhere near you.

On topic - has anyone heard from Kevin at all for any kind of update? I will assume that there have been some folks that have emailed him recently. Are there any responses or are we still under the Cone of Silence?

Cone-of-Silence.JPG

#1072 4 years ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

On topic - has anyone heard from Kevin at all for any kind of update? I will assume that there have been some folks that have emailed him recently. Are there any responses or are we still under the

Last email update (#4) to preorder people was on Feb 10th, so we are due for another biweekly update any day now.

I am personally hoping we see wire harnesses, production grade ramps, and ideally a few fully assembled playfields. Kevin seems to send updates around 3am CST when they come out.

#1073 4 years ago

Yep, got that preorder people update. I was hoping there may have been someone who had received an email that would indicate he hadn't fallen off the face of the earth. Perhaps I'll send him an email myself.

I too am hoping for a bit more in the next update. Would definitely be nice to see.

#1074 4 years ago

I think the next update will be the "one".

#1075 4 years ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

Going to a conference in Wayne, NJ next month. Would enjoy shooting the breeze with you if that is anywhere near you.

Great! Wayne is about 25 min away. Keep me posted!

#1076 4 years ago

At this stage of the 'game' just ship me the parts and I'll put the game together myself....

#1077 4 years ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

Perhaps I'll send him an email myself.

Well, I did exactly that. Sent an email asking if he would provide some pics of completed machines, wiring harnesses, populated playfields, something that would show progress being made. I do not consider that an unreasonable request from someone that has funded a small portion of this venture.

Although I don't anticipate or expect a direct response to my email, I hope that my request will be answered in the next update. I've been patient and my desire to have this very cool pin is waning rapidly. Without some sort of substantial update, I'm not sure if my support will continue.

#1078 4 years ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

Well, I did exactly that. Sent an email asking if he would provide some pics of completed machines, wiring harnesses, populated playfields, something that would show progress being made. I do not consider that an unreasonable request from someone that has funded a small portion of this venture.
Although I don't anticipate or expect a direct response to my email, I hope that my request will be answered in the next update. I've been patient and my desire to have this very cool pin is waning rapidly. Without some sort of substantial update, I'm not sure if my support will continue.

I sent him an email on the 13th requesting a refund and he responded on the 14th saying he would try and process it but these things take time. It's funny how paying the money to them is immediately processed yet getting a refund is a long drawn out process.

#1079 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I love Forbidden Planet. I'm sitting in front of the Mondo limited edition movie print even as a type this.

So jealous.

#1080 4 years ago

This might help...

forbidden_p.jpg
#1081 4 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

So jealous.

It's such a crap shoot to get things on Mondo now, gotten too damn popular. Sniper bots that flip on eBay snatch it all up.

#1082 4 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

I sent him an email on the 13th requesting a refund and he responded on the 14th saying he would try and process it but these things take time. It's funny how paying the money to them is immediately processed yet getting a refund is a long drawn out process.

I sent an email on the 11th requesting a refund and I got a similar response on the 14th. Still waiting on my refund as well.

#1083 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's such a crap shoot to get things on Mondo now, gotten too damn popular. Sniper bots that flip on eBay snatch it all up.

I agree, I really hate it. I wish they would make cheap prints on paper maybe a year after initial release or something. I love the original signed stuff but I would settle for a regular poster of a lot of them I want.

#1084 4 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

I sent an email on the 11th requesting a refund and I got a similar response on the 14th. Still waiting on my refund as well

Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

I sent him an email on the 13th requesting a refund and he responded on the 14th saying he would try and process it but these things take time.

All these requests for refunds cannot be good for business.

#1085 4 years ago

Absolutely, but lack of communication and showing old pictures from a year ago on an update is NOT good for business as well.

#1086 4 years ago

tough... skit-b put themselves in that position...

#1087 4 years ago

Somehow I doubt anyone will get a refund unless someone new signs up, just can't see there being the spare cash to refund at this stage

However, if just one new machine is actually finished and shipped I'd be willing to bet there will be a huge amount of people trying to jump on the waiting list (including several of the very vocal critics on here)

#1088 4 years ago

Refunds? Who the hell is getting refunds?

Do I think Skit-B should issue refunds if people request one? Definitely, since they have definitely broken their promise and then some. But at the same time, I think it would be a mistake for them to issue a refund to a person or two, because then you will have the majority of people who have money down on this asking for refunds and there is no way that they could survive that.

#1089 4 years ago
Quoted from johngravenews:

Somehow I doubt anyone will get a refund unless someone new signs up,

I really HOPE they don't need new people to sign-up!

What in the world would that person even look at to make a decision? Their website? lol. Sorry, but a photo of the edges of a box of PF's isnt really the most compelling visual to put down 1,000's of $.

Also, their total lack of transparency outside the "secret society of biweekly emailers" would be unlikely to inspire new investment (by the sane).

No, I really hope they have a waiting list or something they can go to for cash because new blood would be hard to come by at this point.

Ship a complete game and show an unboxing video here? Now THAT would be a completely different story.

#1090 4 years ago

I recently had Very good contact to Kevin. Being One of The first Ten buyers and being fully paid i am sure to get my baby soon. Know The whole emotional rollercoaster Ride as you guys do but i am Very sure that we will see The first games ship Very soon

#1091 4 years ago

Define "soon"...

#1092 4 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

Define "soon"...

There is no definition of 'soon' that will satisfy me. The only thing that will keep this project alive (for me at least) is solid playing pins shipping within a months time. I've been positive on this project from day one and have done my best to help where I can. That said, the time to deliver pins is now not at this or that date in the future. I'm number 6 in production & when/if I get the pin you will all know about it.

#1093 4 years ago

We were all disappointed after several delays in The past..me Too.
I would expect The First games to be shipped in The next few Weeks/in March.
M guess is that The next Update will confirm this but i cannot guarantee that as i did just say that i am expecting this to come true. Trust kevin in this point of The ride.

#1094 4 years ago

Quoted from lamihh:We were all disappointed after several delays in The past..me Too.
I would expect The First games to be shipped in The next few Weeks/in March.
M guess is that The next Update will confirm this but i cannot guarantee that as i did just say that i am expecting this to come true. Trust kevin in this point of The ride.

I HAVE to ask why you capitalize every "the"..

#1095 4 years ago

Yeah I know. I'm on my mobile that does weird stuff like that. Frankly speaking: 2 lazy 2 correct that ). Sorry for that. My apologies. Being a "German Kraut" I hope you don't mind

#1096 4 years ago

That's not my problem, I stuck it out for years. Since I can't get open communication to know how my game is coming along and where my money is then I just want my 5 grand back.

#1097 4 years ago

Some have insisted that it didn't make sense for SkitB to promote Predator anymore, since it was sold out. THIS is why it would have made sense. They need new buyers lined up to replace those that drop out, so they can get their refund. I can't see too many people being ready to fork over the cash now.

#1098 4 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Some have insisted that it didn't make sense for SkitB to promote Predator anymore, since it was sold out.

Anyone who really believes THIS is the reason SkitB has sanitized the name predator from EVERY possible online source is a few french fries short of a happy meal....

The mental gymnastics folks go to rationalize bad behavior from these companies is just astounding.... and worse than just being naive - it will insure that it continues.

#1099 4 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Some have insisted that it didn't make sense for SkitB to promote Predator anymore, since it was sold out. THIS is why it would have made sense. They need new buyers lined up to replace those that drop out, so they can get their refund. I can't see too many people being ready to fork over the cash now.

I thought the "waiting list" was quite long.

#1100 4 years ago
Quoted from lamihh:

Yeah I know. I'm on my mobile that does weird stuff like that. Frankly speaking: 2 lazy 2 correct that ). Sorry for that. My apologies. Being a "German Kraut" I hope you don't mind

Nah, I can't find fault. Your English is a hell better than my German!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
$ 8.00
Cabinet Parts
RPGCor
$ 20.90
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Haus
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 209.99
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 999.00
$ 209.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 49.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 229.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 40.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 18272 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 366.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside