Clevon (resized).jpg
0C707122-51D1-4488-8B69-8C91DA48018D.jpeg
72329539_10219705910182373_6362298985876553728_n (resized).jpg
pirateplayersclub (resized).jpg
case against keith.pdf (PDF preview)
_2_16-21030.pdf (PDF preview)
Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

87 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,488 posts in this topic. You are on page 214 of 370.
#10651 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

It is a shame they do not live in a community property state. Isn't she also a defendant though?

Apparently but she isn't declaring bankruptcy herself and I imagine her own deposition went something like this "I had absolutely no involvement with the licensing and never for a moment thought something was improper." End of her story. They seem have to a real separation of assets and unless she is found to owe money I don't see the courts taking anything from her?

#10652 7 years ago
Quoted from HappyDayz:

Didn't someone say their house is solely in his wife's name? I assume the insurance policy is too. I'm sure all their credit cards and cars will be in her name too.

They probably file joint tax returns...putting her on the hook for past taxes, penalties and interest.

#10653 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

They probably file joint tax returns...putting her on the hook for past taxes, penalties and interest.

This is assuming there was something on Skit-B's books that says she was paid something, right? Otherwise, what taxes are owed? I doubt that is the case. I don't think it's illegal for a private business to keep crappy bookkeeping and I'm guessing Kevin can just say he spent it all on business related stuff and took no pay?

#10654 7 years ago
Quoted from HappyDayz:

This is assuming there was something on Skit-B's books that says she was paid something, right? Otherwise, what taxes are owed? I doubt that is the case. I don't think it's illegal for a private business to keep crappy bookkeeping and I'm guessing Kevin can just say he spent it all on business related stuff and took no pay?

Skit B is probably an S Corp. That income flows through to the owner, which would be Kevin. Now, if he were a C Corp, the officers are held liable for tax evasion. Either way, he loses.

Actually it is illegal for a company to keep crappy records. When dealing with the IRS, you are guilty till proven innocent.

#10655 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Skit B is probably an S Corp. That income flows through to the owner, which would be Kevin. Now, if he were a C Corp, the officers are held liable for tax evasion. Either way, he loses.
Actually it is illegal for a company to keep crappy records. When dealing with the IRS, you are guilty till proven innocent.

Last I heard, he thought he was a non-profit entity. I don't believe anyone could did up any business fillings.

#10656 7 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Last I heard, he thought he was a non-profit entity. I don't believe anyone could did up any business fillings.

And if he didn't create a separate company, that means it all falls onto his schedule C.

He is screwed. I'm in the middle of filling out the IRS form and I wasn't even duped by him. I suggest everyone fill out the form and send it in ASAP. A couple hundred of these forms and the IRS will take this situation very seriously.

#10657 7 years ago

I suggest everyone who was duped by him, to put your contact info down so the IRS can contact you regarding this.

#10658 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I'm not even involved with the Predator scandal and I'm writing to the IRS.
$4,750 x $250 = $1,187,500 35% tax rate = $415,625...plus all the penalties and interest. Remember, personal legal fees are NOT tax deductible.
IRS doesn't care if you get income legally or illegally...they just want the tax money.

this would be a foolish move. NO ONE should contact the IRS if they are not involved yet. If the IRS is involved and determines that they are owed monies, then they would get first claim at it if / when monies became available.

I fought against the local courthouse in regards to something somewhat similar. My ex-wife owes me 10k+ in child support, she ends up getting arrested on some charges, gets fines, and the state gets their fines paid and I still dont see a penny, even though the courts had a warrant out prior for non-payment.

Got to love that the court has been paid more for fines than i have received in total child support, which was ordered 13 years ago. Court has been paid over 2k in fines. I have received 225.00 total in 13 years (sadly, i think most here have about as much luck getting there money returned as i do getting back child support)

#10659 7 years ago
Quoted from Tilt:

this would be a foolish move. NO ONE should contact the IRS if they are not involved yet. If the IRS is involved and determines that they are owed monies, then they would get first claim at it if / when monies became available.
I fought against the local courthouse in regards to something somewhat similar. My ex-wife owes me 10k+ in child support, she ends up getting arrested on some charges, gets fines, and the state gets their fines paid and I still dont see a penny, even though the courts had a warrant out prior for non-payment.
Got to love that the court has been paid more for fines than i have received in total child support, which was ordered 13 years ago. Court has been paid over 2k in fines. I have received 225.00 total in 13 years (sadly, i think most here have about as much luck getting there money returned as i do getting back child support)

Bankruptcy doesn't dissolve tax liabilities.

#10660 7 years ago

As long as he spent the money on items for the business I doubt he owes that much in taxes...now if he does not have the records then it is a different story. The only taxable part of that equation would be dividends or salary.

#10661 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Skit B is probably an S Corp.

There was no corporate shell per my understanding. He designated a name but didn't incorporate (that is my memory anyway). Perhaps it was a joint venture with his wife, mom and the other guy that left the project?

#10662 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

There was no corporate shell per my understanding. He designated a name but didn't incorporate (that is my memory anyway). Perhaps it was a joint venture with his wife, mom and the other guy that left the project?

He collected the money in 2012...that return can no longer be amended. In order to declare expenses in 2012, he has to match revenue to it. Otherwise, all expenses in 2012 must be capitalized.

All I can say, is that a forensic accountant will have a field day with this.

#10663 7 years ago
Quoted from Tilt:

I think those who would want to write a letter.....are feeling like they have nothing more to lose at this point

#10664 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I'm certain he does.
Having a low credit score makes your car insurance and homeowner's insurance premiums go sky-high (yes, even on a $31,000 house).
http://blog.credit.com/2015/08/bad-credit-can-raise-your-car-insurance-rate-more-than-a-dwi-122212/

But this is Michigan, We're the home of the $49.99 three day policy. This allows you to buy license plates and then you let liability coverage lapse. Honest suckers pay into the "uninsured motorist's fund". As long as you don't wreck and have an accident report, you can perpetuate this. Once caught though, you are now forced into a non-cancelable, pre-paid twelve month policy. Then again, this also has a work-around. You just simply don't bother registering your car anymore. That's why license plate tabs get peeled off around here. Then the honest guy who had the proper color for the year tab gets pulled over by "Officer Friendly".....

#10665 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I don't know
Someone would have to run a free credit report on him (assuming they had his full name, address and SSN).

In case anyone missed it, I'll bet someone here (no names) archived the original, full, posted document if they didn't get one in the mail.

#10666 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I would worry that people would use his SSN to apply for all sorts of credit cards and credit lines online.
Every application for credit lowers your Credit Score slightly (whether the credit is granted or not), so if a bunch of attempts were made for a line of credit, that could lower his credit score.
I hope nobody does that, because that is dirty pool.

Don't most airline magazines have postage paid credit card applications in their magazines? Wouldn't mailing a form like that from another city make tracing difficult?. Would mail fraud laws be circumvented by handing a completed form to a flight attendant on certain airlines?

#10667 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

In case anyone missed it, I'll bet someone here (no names) archived the original, full, posted document if they didn't get one in the mail.

Don't look at me. Unless you want to.

#10668 7 years ago

You hear these stories about people getting harassed in real life (usually women) from internet terrorists doing things like SWATing. Why couldn't that energy be used for good

#10669 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Don't most airline magazines have postage paid credit card applications in their magazines? Wouldn't mailing a form like that from another city make tracing difficult?. Would mail fraud laws be circumvented by handing a completed form to a flight attendant on certain airlines?

Why are you advocating people commit fraud??? Hasn't enough already been perpetrated?

I recommend removing personal information from a document and you give me a thumbs down (yet everyone else agreed and it was removed) now you are here providing fraud instruction.

Kevin is a POS for what he did to this community but there is absolutely NO reason for anyone else to get in trouble trying to get some BS vigilante justice. Let the courts sort it out.

#10670 7 years ago
Quoted from Drenden:

Why are you advocating people commit fraud??? Hasn't enough already been perpetrated?
I recommend removing personal information from a document and you give me a thumbs down (yet everyone else agreed and it was removed) now you are here providing fraud instruction.
Kevin is a POS for what he did to this community but there is absolutely NO reason for anyone else to get in trouble trying to get some BS vigilante justice.

What he did was fail. That's really it. If the anonymous folks had not drawn significant attention to him it seemed like he was going to continue busting his ass to deliver 250 games, no? Yeah, he exaggerated his stance on the license. Maybe he really thought what he was doing was so small he didn't need more or maybe he thought it would never come to this. Maybe he was just very naive. But from what I have read he sure seemed dedicated to delivering 250 machines until the world came crashing down. He must feel humiliated. He must feel unbelievable stress 24/7. He must be depressed that the hobby he loved and once hailed him as a hero now vilifies him. He has declared bankruptcy. He lives in a 35k home (apparently) with his wife and kid (or kids?) He did not get into this for the sake of scamming folks IMO. He has no hidden fortune. He just messed up. I'm not sure why he is getting so much more vitriol than Mr JPop.

#10671 7 years ago
Quoted from HappyDayz:

What he did was fail. That's really it. If the anonymous folks had not drawn significant attention to him it seemed like he was going to continue busting his ass to deliver 250 games, no? Yeah, he exaggerated his stance on the license. Maybe he really thought what he was doing was so small he didn't need more or maybe he thought it would never come to this. Maybe he was just very naive. But from what I have read he sure seemed dedicated to delivering 250 machines until the world came crashing down. He must feel humiliated. He must feel unbelievable stress 24/7. He must be depressed that the hobby he loved and once hailed him as a hero now vilifies him. He has declared bankruptcy. He lives in a 35k home (apparently) with his wife and kid (or kids?) He did not get into this for the sake of scamming folks IMO. He has no hidden fortune. He just messed up. I'm not sure why he is getting so much more vitriol than Mr JPop.

He defrauded people out of money...what is so hard to understand?

#10672 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Exactly what I said. It apparently wasn't his intention. Period. He loves or loved pinball. He wanted to succeed. He messed up big time. Yep, I'd be pissed if I lost money but all of the people continuing to vilify him, post personal information, encourage folks to go after his wife and small business, it's all wrong. He has been humiliated. He isn't living the high life by any means. When does it end? What if someone does something over the top (such as harming him or his family)? Then what? Do you feel good then?

#10673 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Exactly. It was criminal what he did. I only have sympathy for the people he screwed over.

#10674 7 years ago
Quoted from Drenden:

Kevin is a POS for what he did to this community but there is absolutely NO reason for anyone else to get in trouble trying to get some BS vigilante justice. Let the courts sort it out.

I didn't realize asking questions was wrong.

#10675 7 years ago
Quoted from HappyDayz:

Exactly what I said. It apparently wasn't his intention. Period. He loves or loved pinball. He wanted to succeed. He messed up big time. Yep, I'd be pissed if I lost money but all of the people continuing to vilify him, post personal information, encourage folks to go after his wife and small business, it's all wrong. He has been humiliated. He isn't living the high life by any means. When does it end? What if someone does something over the top (such as harming him or his family)? Then what? Do you feel good then?

He didn't fail. If he managed to make every machine, then every owner would be in possession of stolen IP merchandise. Fox would have every right to have them confiscated and destroyed.

Remember, Kevin is on video saying he has the license, the art work is approved, etc.

#10676 7 years ago
Quoted from HappyDayz:

How bout this? Maybe as a provider for your family (wife/kids) you provide for your family...and not put them in a questionable situation? Possibly gamble what little they do have? Car, house, etc.
He didnt "exegerate" on the license, he lied...over and over he lied.
No one wishes harm to his family...and no one would feel good about that.

#10677 7 years ago
Quoted from HappyDayz:

Everyone deverves the benefit of the doubt, but the facts have already come out on this situation. You should probably take the time to read this:

http://www.pinballnews.com/comment/predatorpinball2.html

#10678 7 years ago

Even if he did 'just fail' as you say...nobody ever received any kind of message or response from him, not even a simple 'I'm sorry'...nothing! He took money from us and then completely ignored us afterwards. That's exactly how a d-bag, waste of life would handle things.

#10679 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

He didn't fail. If he managed to make every machine, then every owner would be in possession of stolen IP merchandise. Fox would have every right to have them confiscated and destroyed.
Remember, Kevin is on video saying he has the license, the art work is approved, etc.

You are making stuff up now. This is simply just not true. Fox could not have them confiscated, that is ridiculous.

Quoted from Stones:

I need to drop out of this thread for awhile. How bout this? Maybe as a provider for your family (wife/kids) you provide for your family...and not put them in a questionable situation? Possibly gamble what little they do have? Car, house, etc.

I'm not defending his actions. I'm only saying he seems to have been very naive in believing he could make 250 machines before anyone could really stop him. He seems to have genuinely tried. Why would he order so many parts and cabinets if his only intention was to defraud? Why bother with all of the coding and game design and even building a couple of working prototypes just so he could defraud. Ridiculous.

Has anyone ever seen a public statement from Back Alley on how much money they have received from Skit-B for parts created and delivered? Why is that? Did they receive a significant amount of money? Can they comment on how many parts they created and delivered so at least folks could go after where those parts went? What happened to all those toppers they created too? Seems strange that has never been asked and publicly stated.

#10680 7 years ago
Quoted from HappyDayz:

You are making stuff up now. This is simply just not true. Fox could not have them confiscated, that is ridiculous.

An IP owner can sue and demand the immediate destruction of any and all unauthorized materials.

#10681 7 years ago
Quoted from HappyDayz:

There was no license. If the games got built and delivered, that means there would be 250 machines with a STOLEN IP. Did congress pass a new law allowing people to keep stolen property?

If that's the case, Stern should stop getting licenses for IP and they could charge us less.

#10682 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

An IP owner can sue and demand the immediate destruction of any and all unauthorized materials.

Good luck. A person purchasing unlicensed or counterfeit goods is not liable in the United Sates. They could have had the goods impounded if they were taken directly from Skit-B but not after they left. No way. Show me a precedent please.

#10683 7 years ago
Quoted from HappyDayz:

Good luck. A person purchasing unlicensed or counterfeit goods is not liable in the United Sates. They could have had the goods impounded if they were taken directly from Skit-B but not after they left. No way. Show me a precedent please.

A precedent? It's the LAW.

Ever play a VHS tape and in the beginning it says it's an unlawful to copy it? Or how about Napster. The government went after people with stolen music.

#10684 7 years ago
Quoted from HappyDayz:

I'm not defending his actions. I'm only saying he seems to have been very naive in believing he could make 250 machines before anyone could really stop him. He seems to have genuinely tried. Why would he order so many parts and cabinets if his only intention was to defraud? Why bother with all of the coding and game design and even building a couple of working prototypes just so he could defraud. Ridiculous.
Has anyone ever seen a public statement from Back Alley on how much money they have received from Skit-B for parts created and delivered? Why is that? Did they receive a significant amount of money? Can they comment on how many parts they created and delivered so at least folks could go after where those parts went? What happened to all those toppers they created too? Seems strange that has never been asked and publicly stated.

You seem to be pretty familiar with all this and parties involved even though you just joined pinside a couple months ago.....

#10685 7 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

You seem to be pretty familiar with all this and parties involved even though you just joined pinside a couple months ago.....

Because nobody knows anything until they join Pinside. I can only assume you are about 5 years old since you joined less than 4 years ago?

#10686 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

A precedent? It's the LAW.
Ever play a VHS tape and in the beginning it says it's an unlawful to copy it? Or how about Napster. The government went after people with stolen music.

Yes, the person copying the tape is breaking the law. The person buying the tape on the corner is not. That's how it works.

#10687 7 years ago
Quoted from HappyDayz:

Because nobody knows anything until they join Pinside. I can only assume you are about 5 years old since you joined less than 4 years ago?

Gimmie a break looks like you created an extra account to stir up crap. And pretty much all predator interest came from pinside

#10688 7 years ago
Quoted from HappyDayz:

Yes, the person copying the tape is breaking the law. The person buying the tape on the corner is not. That's how it works.

So you're now allowed to own stolen property in this country?

#10689 7 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Gimmie a break looks like you created an extra account to stir up crap. And pretty much all predator interest came from pinside

Dude, I'm not stirring crap up. What he did just sucks. Folks losing money just sucks. It's a terrible situation for pinball all the way around and I hate it as much as anyone. I'm just saying I don't think he started off intending to defraud anyone, I don't think he has thousands buried, and I think this has been a genuinely humbling experience for him to say the least. He is not living the high life right now. There is a reason criminal charges were not filed. And anyone trying to continue to raise this to a next level of vigilante justice is just wrong.

#10690 7 years ago
Quoted from HappyDayz:

I understand what you are saying here....but he was irresponsible and going after the quick buck. He knew what he was doing. He could have stopped his con early on. Did he order 250k worth of parts?

#10691 7 years ago

Anybody's wife have a fake handbag?

#10692 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Anybody's wife have a fake handbag?

Or do photography?

#10693 7 years ago

Happydayz you have basically no idea of the reality of what has transpired or the things that have been uncovered by those undergoing current legal action. I won't talk about details at this juncture, but you are wrong and way off base from the reality.

#10694 7 years ago

How about a fake Rolex?, Ted.

#10695 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

How about a fake Rolex?, Ted.

I ONLY have real ones.

IMG_4135_(resized).JPGIMG_4135_(resized).JPG

#10696 7 years ago

$15...New York City...........Joey

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#10698 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

So you're now allowed to own stolen property in this country?

It's not stolen property. You can't apply reclaimation policies to creations that were created without license. They were created illegally, not created and than stolen.

It would fall under civil ip laws - not criminal theft

#10699 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

One can only hope.
But I do know freshly bankrupted people who started getting credit card offers again in only a few months. Worse yet, they responded and received new credit cards!

only because the credit card companies know you can't file or another 8 years. That's why they shower you with applications, not because your score is good. You score goes in the toilet from bankruptcy.

#10700 7 years ago

Kevin, is that you?

Quoted from HappyDayz:

There are 18,488 posts in this topic. You are on page 214 of 370.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-skit-b-predator-discussion/page/214 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.