Topic Stats

• 18,269 posts
  • 815 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 38 days ago by Cobra99
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,540 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
194b3475e0440b8112afc0ac4ad5bf0ed0e8ec3db63fb4b6748a4f2e06a9865b (resized).jpg
31A053C2-4495-4E3E-980F-E5ADEA02F1DE (resized).jpeg
IMG_2933 (resized).JPG
beetlejuice-shrunken head (resized).jpg
2716720260_bc8966f6b1 (resized).jpg
D460F55E-AD42-43C6-91EB-B8162A84A094.gif
Screenshot_20190103-214734_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20181108-174321 (resized).png
Fife Appeal Sept 24 2018.pdf (PDF preview)
cat ooo 2.gif
7332539.attach (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

86 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 18269 posts in this topic. You are on page 212 of 366.
#10551 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

So, if someone took $200k worth of equipment years ago and said It's mine you POS, you owed me the value of it as payment for services rendered; would it be an asset he'd have to list? What if he forgot about it?

You are suggesting Kevin owed someone 200K years ago and this person came and took assets of Skit-B as payment? Why does it sound like you know some story the rest of us don't?

Quoted from Trekie:

Tactics of a man scared of going to jail. Take some ones money under false pretext and then it disappears. It's just starting to get interesting.

This has only ever been a civil matter not criminal. I don't think he has ever been worried about jail.

However if he is hiding assets and it can be proven he might be looking at jail time.

"The penalty for making a false statement or concealing property is a fine of up to $500,000 or imprisonment for up to five years, or both".

#10552 2 years ago
Quoted from HappyDayz:

You are suggesting Kevin owed someone 200K years ago and this person came and took assets of Skit-B as payment? Why does it sound like you know some story the rest of us don't?

No suggesting; I just asked a question or three hoping for some legal opinions. Just to provoke thought.

#10553 2 years ago

I wonder if we can sell off all the CNC equipment the cabinet guy, who vouched for Kevin having the license, bought with all the funds Kevin *allegedly* gave him? Either way, I'm still waiting for my empty Virtua Pin cabinet.

#10554 2 years ago
Quoted from HappyDayz:

This has only ever been a civil matter not criminal. I don't think he has ever been worried about jail.

He's had visits from the police... really he has committed wire fraud and more.. but its up to the DAs to decide to prosecute or not :/ and they didn't..

#10555 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

He's had visits from the police... really he has committed wire fraud and more.. but its up to the DAs to decide to prosecute or not :/ and they didn't..

How sad is that? Wish there was something that could be done to change their minds....

#10556 2 years ago

Looks like Kevin has a personal account on youtube, mostly subscribed videos:
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheBasicMan

He apparrently likes katy perry's costume change secrets:
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheBasicMan/feed?activity_view=4

#10557 2 years ago

Lets face it he well get off lightly do to loop holes / laws but i hope he gets somthing. Not sure what whole deal is but he def lied and i all most put money down on jpop I'm glad spooky is doing it right Anyway from what i read and herd he def lied. I think jop really did not think things out and got way over his head. As the game's looked amazing.

#10558 2 years ago

Chapter 7 - Liquidation under the Bankruptcy Code
Chapter 7, entitled Liquidation, contemplates an orderly, court-supervised procedure by which a trustee takes over the assets of the debtor’s estate, reduces them to cash, and makes distributions to creditors, subject to the debtor’s right to retain certain exempt property and the rights of secured creditors. Debts obtained by fraud or false pretenses are not dischargeable - If a Creditor Successfully Objects.

The court may revoke a chapter 7 discharge on the request of the trustee, a creditor, or the U.S. trustee if the discharge was obtained through fraud by the debtor, if the debtor acquired property that is property of the estate and knowingly and fraudulently failed to report the acquisition of such property or to surrender the property to the trustee, or if the debtor (without a satisfactory explanation)
makes a material misstatement or fails to provide documents or other information in connection with an audit of the debtor’s case.
11 U.S.C. § 727(d).

Dammit Keith in MI. You can obviously show that he fraudulently claimed owner ship of the license and thus committed fraud. Thus, he cannot hide behind chapter 7. Earn your money that so many victims have paid you.
I'm a creditor and the debts are NOT dischargeable. Shit, looks like another drive to Michigan.

#10559 2 years ago
Quoted from Enaud:

Chapter 7 - Liquidation under the Bankruptcy Code
Chapter 7, entitled Liquidation, contemplates an orderly, court-supervised procedure by which a trustee takes over the assets of the debtor’s estate, reduces them to cash, and makes distributions to creditors, subject to the debtor’s right to retain certain exempt property and the rights of secured creditors. Debts obtained by fraud or false pretenses are not dischargeable - If a Creditor Successfully Objects.
The court may revoke a chapter 7 discharge on the request of the trustee, a creditor, or the U.S. trustee if the discharge was obtained through fraud by the debtor, if the debtor acquired property that is property of the estate and knowingly and fraudulently failed to report the acquisition of such property or to surrender the property to the trustee, or if the debtor (without a satisfactory explanation)
makes a material misstatement or fails to provide documents or other information in connection with an audit of the debtor’s case.
11 U.S.C. § 727(d).
Dammit Keith in MI. You can obviously show that he fraudulently claimed owner ship of the license and thus committed fraud. Thus, he cannot hide behind chapter 7. Earn your money that so many victims have paid you.
I'm a creditor and the debts are NOT dischargeable. Shit, looks like another drive to Michigan.

What about the cheap house his wife bought during the Predator days? It seems like most states consider that joint property, and the possibility that they purchased it with the Predator money should/could be brought up in the bankruptcy.

#10560 2 years ago

Hey, someone that received the Chapter 7 announcement. Can you send me a copy? I may not be on the receiving end of the notification because I haven't received anything. So, I need a name/address/phone/case number to contact at the court, please.
Thanks!

#10561 2 years ago

Here you go

kulek_bankruptcy.pdf

#10562 2 years ago

Sorry guys, this sucks. I'm lucky that I only lost $250 and recovered the rest from the card company. It's amazing that someone can steal this amount of cash, spend it on God only knows what and then not have to pay anything back.

#10563 2 years ago

I'd be curious what all he lists as exempt assets.

#10564 2 years ago

Im sorry to hear this.
Ive been through this more times than I wish to think about.
It disgusts me for that an obvious wrong, is "rewarded".

Systems broken, Big time.
Respectfully, I wont criticize those in the system,
but a truly sad ending likely that is unjust in every single way.

A Lifetime of Bad Kharma might be all thats left.

#10565 2 years ago

All I can say is,what a load of horse shit.
Kevin you are an ASS.

#10566 2 years ago

Not to mention the lawyer money that went down the drain as well and his big talk about making Kevin pay triple the amount back to everyone for damages....blah, blah, blah. Funny I haven't even heard a word out of him since I sent my money into him. The entire justice system in this country is such a joke and its all about the criminals being able to get away with everything, its a no wonder that so many people do nothing but play the system for all its worth and the honest hard working people are the ones that end up suffering and paying for it.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.
269-979-3836

#10567 2 years ago

This is what Gene did, buried a million dollars in the backyard and filed bankruptcy, then was at the auction buying back his stuff

#10568 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Those civil lawsuits are now all stayed based on his filing in the bankruptcy court.

a temporary stay does not mean much.

the majority of people commenting only know a fraction of the larger story.

Quoted from RobT:

That involves legal pleadings and hearings, and unfortunately additional legal fees that go along with it.

likely it will require additional legal fees, but that is obviously his whole game.
Luckily some of us have no problem taking this all the way to the end and using the mountain of evidence acquired over the years. I encourage those that already have an active suit to reach out via phone to your lawyers.

Quoted from Trekie:

It's just starting to get interesting.

Trekie is correct, it is just starting to get fun and interesting! All sorts of new trajectories and options on the table now for ALL the players affiliated with the company.

#10569 2 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

This is what Gene did, buried a million dollars in the backyard and filed bankruptcy, then was at the auction buying back his stuff

#10570 2 years ago

People, that document has PII data in it. Please take it down or at the very least send it privately. Publicly displaying PII data is a crime in many locations.

#10571 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

a temporary stay does not mean much.
the majority of people commenting only know a fraction of the larger story.

likely it will require additional legal fees, but that is obviously his whole game.
Luckily some of us have no problem taking this all the way to the end and using the mountain of evidence acquired over the years. I encourage those that already have an active suit to reach out via phone to your lawyers.

Trekie is correct, it is just starting to get fun and interesting! All sorts of new trajectories and options on the table now for ALL the players affiliated with the company.

It's been 3 years. There is no money left. You can't squeeze blood from a stone. I admire your persistence but you can't seriously think there is any money left? Kevin squandered the money. Nobody's getting anything back. The wheels of justice are deflated it seems. Nobody woulda given Keith any money if he said there was a 10% chance of getting your money back. I spoke to him on the phone at the beginning and felt he was telling me exactly what I wanted to hear. That's how lawyers get paid. I had no confidence then and even less now. This entire situation sucks.

#10572 2 years ago
Quoted from Drenden:

People, that document has PII data in it. Please take it down or at the very least send it privately. Publicly displaying PII data is a crime in many locations.

The guy is a thief, a liar and a cheat. Why should anyone care?

#10573 2 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

you can't seriously think there is any money left?

discovery and depositions have provided all sorts of interesting things.

Unfortunatley I cant share anything due to ongoing legal proceedings, but I can say I am having lots of fun with this and have no worries that things will work out in the end.

#10574 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am having lots of fun with this and have no worries that things will work out in the end.

In that case roll with it then. I hope it works out and i'm totally wrong.

#10575 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

discovery and depositions have provided all sorts of interesting things.
Unfortunatley I cant share anything due to ongoing legal proceedings, but I can say I am having lots of fun with this and have no worries that things will work out in the end.

It's not going to work out in the end. Nobody will get a dime back of their money. Not only was money stolen from you, but now it's costing more money, more time, more aggravation, more stress.

#10576 2 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

The guy is a thief, a liar and a cheat. Why should anyone care?

Ok but don't say I didn't warn you. Posting it is a felony in some places and someone can claim damages as well. It's the main premise behind lawsuits for data breach.
SB1386 for example.

#10577 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

but now it's costing more money

meh, no big deal. I am potted in. What is a couple hundred extra bucks to pay a lawyer when I already have dumped way more on the front end. Hell, I spend more on stupid mods for games and LEDs in the past month.

not really. That is why I spend the money on a lawyer.

Quoted from PoMC:

more aggravation, more stress.

opposite for me. I actually smiled when I got the chapter 7 letter in the mail yesterday. It makes me feel good to know that now he and his family will all have to attempt to file because of his lies. More of the money out of his pocket at minimum. I have also enjoyed the entire process of discovery and depositions. It is like a bad movie and I get to be part of the fun.

#10578 2 years ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

Just received in the mail a Notice of Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Case (Form 309A) for one Kevin W. Kulek. The Case number is 16-21030-dob. There is a meeting of Creditors on July 12th, 2016 at 11AM in Michigan. Section 10 - Proof of Claim, of the document states, "No property appears to be available to pay creditors. Therefore, please do not file a proof of claim now. If it later appears that assets are available to pay creditors, the clerk will send you another notice telling you that you may file a proof of claim and stating the deadline".
Kind of figured this would go down this way. It seems as though this scum will get off quite easy. Bastard.

whatever assets, monies, property. shifted long ago. cant that be looked at?

#10579 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

opposite for me. I actually smiled when I got the chapter 7 letter in the mail yesterday. It makes me feel good to know that now he and his family will all have to attempt to file because of his lies. More of the money out of his pocket at minimum. I have also enjoyed the entire process of discovery and depositions. It is like a bad movie and I get to be part of the fun.

Revenge is a dish best served cold.

Or if you rather...

Revenge is like serving cold cuts.

#10580 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

and depositions have provided all sorts of interesting things.

Are the deposition transcripts under seal or could they theoretically be shared?

#10581 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

meh, no big deal. I am potted in. What is a couple hundred extra bucks to pay a lawyer when I already have dumped way more on the front end. Hell, I spend more on stupid mods for games and LEDs in the past month.

not really. That is why I spend the money on a lawyer.

Whatever floats your boat.

#10582 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Are the deposition transcripts under seal or could they theoretically be shared?

Depositions are no joke and no fun. It would be wonderful to see him squirm. One can only hope he perjured himself in the process.

#10583 2 years ago

Maybe he can give out a bunch of discount coupons for his wife's business: http://www.laumephotography.com/
What an ass. This business is also a joke. Just read the blog and laugh at the spelling and grammar.

#10584 2 years ago
Quoted from ViolinSteve:

Maybe he can give out a bunch of discount coupons for his wife's business: http://www.laumephotography.com/
What an ass. This business is also a joke. Just read the blog and laugh at the spelling and grammar.

Holy, White Trash, Batman!

#10585 2 years ago

I would highly recommend blacking out his SS. You are making your own self a target of Kevin's lawyer.

#10586 2 years ago

He's gunna surprise all you guys with your machines.......if it takes a company already established with a game under it's belt just as long to put out a game....surly you can give 1 guy his girl and his mom a little more time....!!!.....really tho....this WAS the Ultimate theme.....!!!....just too feckin bad is all you can really say...............Joey

#10587 2 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

I would highly recommend blacking out his name and SS. You are making your own self a target of Kevin's lawyer.

Redacting the SSN is appropriate, but what's the point of redacting his name?

The bankruptcy filing is a matter of public record. Anyone who has the time and $$$ (in this case approximately $11.30 for the 113 page Chapter 7 voluntary petition) can go to PACER

https://www.pacer.gov/

select the appropriate jurisdiction (E.D. Mich.) enter the docket number (16-21030) and access the full docket online.

The 113 page filing (forms 101, 106A-J, etc.) includes goodies like the full list of Kulek’s assets and liabilities (including the value of his Dodge Dakota, trailer, personal computer, and clothing), his income (spoiler: “zero”), his wife’s income, their declared monthly expenses (utilities, food, etc.), and a full list of debtors and amount owed to each of them.

Some of those people are well known in our community by both their Pinside handles and real names and addresses (e.g., WhySnow/Dayhuff), but others are not.

As much as everyone wants to read the dirt about Kulek, many other Pinsiders who lost their $$$ likely will NOT appreciate their names and contact info being public.

So, I strongly encourage anyone who gets the filings off of PACER (or Bloomberg, Lexis, or Westlaw if you have access) to NOT post that info.

However, if you want to satisfy your own curiosity, there is nothing to stop you from doing so.

#10588 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I have also enjoyed the entire process of discovery and depositions. It is like a bad movie and I get to be part of the fun.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to reading these (or choice excerpts) after everything wraps up and someone writes a follow up piece to the Pinball News exposes from last year.

#10589 2 years ago
Quoted from c508:

The 113 page filing (forms 101, 106A-J, etc.) includes goodies like the full list of Kulek’s assets and liabilities (including the value of his Dodge Dakota, trailer, personal computer, and clothing), his income (spoiler: “zero”), his wife’s income, their declared monthly expenses (utilities, food, etc.), and a full list of debtors and amount owed to each of them.

Is there any explanation of what happened to the money?

He must have declared it at some point, right? Otherwise he would have big IRS problems? So that money came in, but where did it go out?

I'm suspecting much is left unsaid.

#10590 2 years ago
Quoted from c508:

Redacting the SSN is appropriate, but what's the point of redacting his name?
The bankruptcy filing is a matter of public record. Anyone who has the time and $$$ (in this case approximately $11.30 for the 113 page Chapter 7 voluntary petition) can go to PACER
https://www.pacer.gov/
select the appropriate jurisdiction (E.D. Mich.) enter the docket number (16-21030) and access the full docket online.
Some of those people are well known in our community by both their Pinside handles and real names and addresses (e.g., WhySnow/Dayhuff), but others are not.
As much as everyone wants to read the dirt about Kulek, many other Pinsiders who lost their $$$ likely will NOT appreciate their names and contact info being public.
So, I strongly encourage anyone who gets the filings off of PACER (or Bloomberg, Lexis, or Westlaw if you have access) to NOT post that info.
However, if you want to satisfy your own curiosity, there is nothing to stop you from doing so.

I agree. I modified my post (removing the "name" piece) at about the same time you must have been typing up your response .

#10591 2 years ago

Everyone who hasn't received their "refunds", should write a letter to the IRS.

Enough letters and they will definitely look into it. They'll see all the money he deposited and want to know why it wasn't declared.

#10592 2 years ago
Quoted from c508:

... and a full list of debtors and amount owed to each of them.
Some of those people are well known in our community by both their Pinside handles and real names and addresses (e.g., WhySnow/Dayhuff), but others are not...

Thank you for the leg work.

Is this "full list" the list of people who filed in court against him or done from the Predator sales records? I ask because a friend of mine was taken and so disgusted with the whole thing he just turned away to forget the whole thing and did not file anything legal against him. But it would be nice to know his money is included in the final total of this guys debt and still being held against him. In case it is determined by the court that he did commit fraud it would be nice to know the whole large number is being held against him and not just a portion.

#10593 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Everyone who hasn't received their "refunds", should write a letter to the IRS.
Enough letters and they will definitely look into it. They'll see all the money he deposited and want to know why it wasn't declared.

Get him for tax evasion also? Now there is a collection agency that won't let him off so easily.

#10594 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

The cabinet guy has a shit load of it

#10595 2 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Get him for tax evasion also? Now there is a collection agency that won't let him off so easily.

Bingo!

#10596 2 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

The cabinet guy has a shit load of it

Not the same one that was on Shark Tank, right?

#10597 2 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Not the same one that was on Shark Tank, right?

This guy:

Quoted from NoahFentz:

Hi Guys!
I just wanted to drop in and say that I would not be building cabinets and printing and applying decals for a project that's not fully licensed!
Anyone that knows me knows I won't even consider touching unlicensed projects!
Speculation can now rest.
Pre-owners can certainly look forward to receiving their PREDATORS.
Thank you.

#10598 2 years ago

In regards to the IRS, any money he hasn't refunded is income. When it comes to bankruptcy law, that doesn't get rid of his tax liabilities.

#10599 2 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Here it is if someone that has been harmed wants to report Kevin to the IRS for not paying taxes on the ill gained money:

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/how-do-you-report-suspected-tax-fraud-activity

#10600 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

The bankruptcy petition just lists his assets, debts, and monthly living expenses.

I am confident that the $$$ questions were one of the focal points of the deposition. Hopefully, we'll see highlights in a Pinball News (or other trade publication) followup article once everything wraps up.

Might be pretty satisfying reading for those who got burned (not because they will ever be getting $$$ back (there isn't any), but just in a schadenfreude/chickens coming home to roost/watching the meltdown/Kulek getting raked over the coals and actually forced to answer the questions kind of way).

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
$ 113.68
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Decals
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 24.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 179.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 12.50
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 35.00
$ 19.95
Apparel - Women
Pinball Wheezer
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 34.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
There are 18269 posts in this topic. You are on page 212 of 366.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside