Topic Stats

• 18,295 posts
  • 815 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by greenhornet
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,543 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pirateplayersclub (resized).jpg
case against keith.pdf (PDF preview)
_2_16-21030.pdf (PDF preview)
Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
194b3475e0440b8112afc0ac4ad5bf0ed0e8ec3db63fb4b6748a4f2e06a9865b (resized).jpg
31A053C2-4495-4E3E-980F-E5ADEA02F1DE (resized).jpeg
IMG_2933 (resized).JPG
beetlejuice-shrunken head (resized).jpg
2716720260_bc8966f6b1 (resized).jpg
D460F55E-AD42-43C6-91EB-B8162A84A094.gif
Screenshot_20190103-214734_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20181108-174321 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

86 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 18295 posts in this topic. You are on page 211 of 366.
#10501 3 years ago

I don't think there is any news, and we're not going to hear much about wheels in motion. Obviously if/when some sort of judgement comes it'll be posted here instantly.

3 weeks later
#10502 3 years ago

twenty days and no updates.

#10503 3 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

And we are entering the summer months when the judicial system really slows down.

#10504 3 years ago

What do you want to hear? - Kevin is guilty...Everyone knows that.
What does he have in coin or trade? - nothing, he's poor
What is everyone going to get? - Nothing, he's poor

#10505 3 years ago

Can we refrain from mentioning "podcast" and the name of the annoying host of one of them? I don't care who you are, I'm down voting any comment mentioning either since this place has been so much better without that presence.

In addition, I hope the courts rule in favor of the Plaintiffs, and would like to see jail time for Kevin, (edited)

#10506 3 years ago

Kevin is not that important....he's not the problem only a sypmtom

#10507 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Kevin is not that important....he's not the problem only a sypmtom

high-1_(resized).jpg

#10508 3 years ago

The $250 I put down on game #81 was 62.50% of a color DMD,
yeah it would look nice on my Judge Dredd... .. . . .

#10509 3 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

Quoted from maddog14:

Yet things are progressing very nicely it seems.

#10510 3 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

The $250 I put down on game #81 was 62.50% of a color DMD,
yeah it would look nice on my Judge Dredd... .. . . .

Imagine paid in full like I was

#10512 3 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Imagine paid in full like I was

That must suck big time.
Did you get anything back from disputed charges etc?
I sent $3000 myself and haven't seen a cent back.
I'd like to say I learnt a valuable lesson but my pre-order GBLE says not...

#10513 3 years ago

I remember hesitating to put $500.00 (US) to order a new car about 30 years ago. I was hesitating about that even though Michigan Law offered some protection where the money comes back any time prior to the dealer having the car on-site. I still worried what if the dealer closed up suddenly.

#10514 3 years ago
Quoted from Jdfitzy-in-Aus:

That must suck big time.

GBLE isn't a pre order. It's an order. You know it's coming, and soon.

#10515 3 years ago
Quoted from Jdfitzy-in-Aus:

That must suck big time.

Never got a dime back.

#10516 3 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Never got a dime back.

I lost $3250...Scotiabank Visa failed to help me out vs PayPal, so I dropped them and switched to a different card. Sadly the whole situation has soured anything associated with Predator for me (except Alien of course, that I'm excited for and trust I'll be getting).

I'm curious if anyone ever received any kind of apology, or if he even responded to anyone at all...to just go silent and ignore everyone...that is real low-life, shitbag behavior of the highest order.

#10517 3 years ago

As someone who was also stung on Predator, I'd argue that GBLE is still a pre-order. Do you pay in advance and receive goods later? If so then you are effectively pre-ordering. After handing over your cash if either your distro or Stern go tits up then you're exposed.

Now, I don't think there's any real risk from Stern in this case. But unless you can pick up your machine at the same time as you pay then it is a pre-order

I was stupid enough to pay and pre-order Predator, Hobbit and MMr. Only one now exists and that was 18+ months late and still has issues with the screen tearing.

#10518 3 years ago
Quoted from johngravenews:

As someone who was also stung on Predator, I'd argue that GBLE is still a pre-order. Do you pay in advance and receive goods later? If so then you are effectively pre-ordering. After handing over your cash if either your distro or Stern go tits up then you're exposed.
Now, I don't think there's any real risk from Stern in this case. But unless you can pick up your machine at the same time as you pay then it is a pre-order
I was stupid enough to pay and pre-order Predator, Hobbit and MMr. Only one now exists and that was 18+ months late and still has issues with the screen tearing.

Sorry, when you order with Stern it's an order. Yes, you might have to wait a month or two - but that's just he case with pinball manufacturing. You generally don't just walk into a store and wheel one out. Here's why it's an order and not a pre-order.

-The design is complete. You're not playing a proto at a show that still needs changes.

-The license is complete. No worries about issues there.

-The manufacturing facilities are always there...and the plan is in place for mass production.

-You're ordering from a real authorized distributor...not a meth-head in his basement or a pathological liar in his overpriced workshop.

#10519 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

-You're ordering from a real authorized distributor...not a meth-head in his basement or a pathological liar in his overpriced workshop.

Post of the day.

#10520 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Your faith in Stern's Distribution standards are a bit over zealous At least in the current period they're not as bad as they used to be.

You don't have an order with Stern.. you have an order with your distributor who orders inventory from Stern... that they make take delivery of or do a drop-ship directly to your location.

Let's not forget the OZ WOZ cluster-f was the failure of a retailer/distributor.. not the JJP delivery schedule or JJP itself. People still need to be diligent of who they send money to.

#10521 3 years ago

Surely by definition anything you pay for before the release date is a pre-order? There may be a very low financial risk with pre-ordering anything that Stern has announced but it is still a pre-order.

Do we get a chance to play before you pay? If not then we are taking a huge risk on game play. I pre-order GOT on the announcement day and then cancelled upon seeing the artwork. Suspect I'll still get one eventually but will want to play it more first.

Stern fully licencing games? My Walking Dead sound clips might suggest otherwise. Similarly pre-ordered a ltd version largely because there was no announced premium.

What about the coders? People change jobs, people retire, have problems in their personal lives and even die unexpectedly. In this situation would a manufacturer still stand by coding their existing games to the same degree or move onto the next one? Can you even imagine the cock up that a change of coders at JJP would make to the Hobbit coding? We pretty much take a leap of faith on new games having code developed over time.

Fires at the factory? Would Stern continue or cash in on the insurance?

Distros - a quick look at the fuck ups with MMr and JJP, Ministry of Pinball and the bunch of crooks inn Australia might make this look a little less secure.

Not saying that any of this is going to happen with GBLE just that in any situation when you have to pay for a product before it's fully ready there are risks. As pinball buyers we seem to pretty casual about the risks we take on. Sometimes if you sit back and think about what we do it's quite staggering.

Dealing with a lying meth head in a basement does significantly increase the risks though......

#10522 3 years ago
Quoted from johngravenews:

Dealing with a lying meth head in a basement does significantly increase the risks though......

But he seemed legit... Lost $4750 myself, but compared to the MG fiasco, Could've been much worse.

#10523 3 years ago

Anybody hear anything from the lawyer? I've emailed a couple times with no response. Starting to think I just threw more money down the shitter.

#10524 3 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Anybody hear anything from the lawyer? I've emailed a couple times with no response.

Same for me

#10525 3 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Anybody hear anything from the lawyer? I've emailed a couple times with no response. Starting to think I just threw more money down the shitter.

Yup same thing here. Basically that was a waste of money as well and I have zero confidence in getting anything back from anybody at this point.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.
269-979-3836

#10526 3 years ago

This sucks fellas. I really hope there is a good conclusion for you guys in this ordeal.

#10527 3 years ago

Your better off to give him a call. He does respond to phone calls and voice mail.

#10528 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekie:

Your better off to give him a call. He does respond to phone calls and voice mail.

Agreed. He answers the phone and I spoke with him last week.

For those of you that have hired him, I suggest giving him a call for an update. Some good things as of late.

#10529 3 years ago

Cannot believe this is still an issue for all of you. Really sorry to hear. I got insanely lucky and pulled out after only sinking in $250 and did get my money back at that time. (This was well before floor underneath broke and everything fell into the... basement)

Truly hoping for a resolution for those still dealing with this.

Did we ever get a full story about what happened with the license? Dug pages back and didn't see anything. Was it as simple as he thought he had the license or said he had it(and lied), but in the end did not?

#10530 3 years ago
Quoted from Prkchpsndwiches:

Was it as simple as he thought he had the license or said he had it(and lied), but in the end did not?

Never had a license.

http://www.pinballnews.com/comment/predatorpinball2.html

#10531 3 years ago

Just got my Chapter 7 letter in the mail today from the Bankruptcy court..... sigh..... Anyone Else?

#10532 3 years ago

This is from a chapter 7 faq

" It is likewise not for anyone who basically acts in a dishonest or fraudulent manner. It is for the honest debtors, who, for circumstances they cannot control, find themselves overwhelmed in debt. It is not required that the debtor prove that he did not make errors in judgment."

How can Kevin claim chapter 7 then?

#10533 3 years ago

dishonest? YES. Fraudulent? YES.
Chapter 7 does not apply.

#10534 3 years ago

Just received in the mail a Notice of Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Case (Form 309A) for one Kevin W. Kulek. The Case number is 16-21030-dob. There is a meeting of Creditors on July 12th, 2016 at 11AM in Michigan. Section 10 - Proof of Claim, of the document states, "No property appears to be available to pay creditors. Therefore, please do not file a proof of claim now. If it later appears that assets are available to pay creditors, the clerk will send you another notice telling you that you may file a proof of claim and stating the deadline".

Kind of figured this would go down this way. It seems as though this scum will get off quite easy. Bastard.

#10535 3 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

dishonest? YES. Fraudulent? YES.
Chapter 7 does not apply.

I believe the burden will now shift to the creditors to prove that fraud was involved. That involves legal pleadings and hearings, and unfortunately additional legal fees that go along with it.

Quoted from Whysnow:

Agreed. He answers the phone and I spoke with him last week.
For those of you that have hired him, I suggest giving him a call for an update. Some good things as of late.

Those civil lawsuits are now all stayed based on his filing in the bankruptcy court.

#10536 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I believe the burden will now shift to the creditors to prove that fraud was involved. That involves legal pleadings and hearings, and unfortunately additional legal fees that go along with it.

Agreed. The biggest burden would be trying to tie any assets sheltered in another's name to him. I'm not an attorney but I have never heard of being told not to file a claim though. That sounds counterintuitive.

#10537 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Those civil lawsuits are now all stayed based on his filing in the bankruptcy court.

The trustee may be able to pursue avoidance actions for preferential transfers and fraudulent conveyances to recover proceeds for later distribution to creditors.

#10538 3 years ago

That just sucks. How the fak is this guy not in jail?

#10539 3 years ago

Isn't there one predator game he could sell? And experts of dangerous?

#10540 3 years ago

So where is the money then? Even if you ignore the fact that he lied about having the license the whole time, where is the money? I know he would have spent some on parts etc but where is the rest? It can't be this easy to steal hundreds of thousands of dollars! It can't be. Can it??? What a world we live in.

#10541 3 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Isn't there one predator game he could sell? And experts of dangerous?

I believe he sold that one to a banned Pinsider...

I hope they look at possible fraudulent transfers to his mother and wife...and make him document where all this money went considering he did not make any products...

#10542 3 years ago
Quoted from Fintan_Stack:

So where is the money then? Even if you ignore the fact that he lied about having the license the whole time, where is the money? I know he would have spent some on parts etc but where is the rest? It can't be this easy to steal hundreds of thousands of dollars! It can't be. Can it??? What a world we live in.

I wonder if he bought very some expensive equipment to use to produce the machines? If that's the case, could another person CONfiscate said equipment as payment in kind for services rendered?

#10543 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

I wonder if he bought very some expensive equipment to use to produce the machines? If that's the case, could another person CONfiscate said equipment as payment in kind for services rendered?

He would have to list all assets....anything of value...he prolly gave to family members.

#10544 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

I think Kevin considers himself very clever, and has had plenty of time to think about how to hide everything away. Some people are just greasy enough that nothing can ever stick.

#10545 3 years ago

I know this doesn't help and I'm really sorry for everyone that got caught up in this (including a few people I know personally) but this whole thing blows my mind.
This guy took 1000s of Dollars for a product that he never had the rights to sell. There are multiple videos out there where he lies over and over again about having the license and how tricky it was to get things agreed with the license holder etc etc. I mean, this is concrete proof that there was a scam going on. But the law is not interested at all. And now, on top of that, he can just say 'I haven't got the money anymore so can't pay anyone back' and that is pretty much the end of that! It's just unbelievable how easy it seems to be to scam hundreds of people out of a lot of money. Nobody cases! It's baffling. The guy bought a house during all of this FFS!!!

#10546 3 years ago

So, if someone took $200k worth of equipment years ago and said It's mine you POS, you owed me the value of it as payment for services rendered; would it be an asset he'd have to list? What if he forgot about it?

#10547 3 years ago
Quoted from Fintan_Stack:

So where is the money then?

His legal fees ate it all up

#10548 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

His legal fees ate it all up

That would potential give his lawyer some liability...especially if a court find Kevin in bad faith.

#10549 3 years ago

Tactics of a man scared of going to jail. Take some ones money under false pretext and then it disappears. It's just starting to get interesting.

#10550 3 years ago

Ashame really. I wont buy anything down the road.....knowing Kulek had a hand in it....arcade, pinball accessories, etc. His name is ruined. Have fun sucking on mom's tit for an auto loan.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 199.99
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Full Tilt Pinball LEDs
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 18.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 28.95
$ 79.99
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 248.85
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 799.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 18295 posts in this topic. You are on page 211 of 366.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside