Clevon (resized).jpg
0C707122-51D1-4488-8B69-8C91DA48018D.jpeg
72329539_10219705910182373_6362298985876553728_n (resized).jpg
pirateplayersclub (resized).jpg
case against keith.pdf (PDF preview)
_2_16-21030.pdf (PDF preview)
Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

87 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,488 posts in this topic. You are on page 210 of 370.
#10451 8 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Crickets.............
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.
269-979-3836

cricket-predator-1_(resized).jpgcricket-predator-1_(resized).jpg

#10454 8 years ago

Yep, im certainly on that list. Still going to chase my cash until the end of days. Can't let up on crooks for a second.

#10455 8 years ago

I thought that Aaron guy bailed on the project?? Looks like he's a defendant in the few I opened.

#10456 8 years ago

Aaron was their for the takeoff he is their for the crash.

#10457 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekie:

Aaron was their for the takeoff he is their for the crash.

He was on stage promoting it and was there when they were saying things like "we have the license". I don't think we ever heard the scoop on what led to the parting of the ways.

#10458 8 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

He was on stage promoting it and was there when they were saying things like "we have the license". I don't think we ever heard the scoop on what led to the parting of the ways.

But it's not hard to guess ...

#10459 8 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

But it's not hard to guess ...

Not so sure . . .
was it that he learned they really did not have the license?
or did he know and his conscience kicked in, but if so, then why not take action and make it right.
or was he just tired of looking at that hat?
or ???

#10460 8 years ago

Looks like alot of motions to move to district court, delays, obfuscations, yada yada. Slow wheels of justice. Might be worth it to buy the 10 page rebuttal by defendant and 3 page clarification by plaintiff....Seem's there are five of each for each defendent in each plantiff's pack so the language would be the same. About $20 worth of docs.

Either that or one of the plaintiff's can email me a copy and save me $20

#10461 8 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

I don't think we ever heard the scoop on what led to the parting of the ways.

I recall during some pinball interview, both Kevin and Aaron were playing Tetris one night and came to the agreement that they would both go separate ways because Kevin believed he was doing more work on the project then Aaron. Kevin would continue on with the Predator project.
Now, what was truly said during that Tetris game between the both would probably shed light on this whole fiasco.

#10462 8 years ago

Mine is showing an Order of Dismissal a month after it was filed.
I emailed to see what's going on. Sounds like I'm hosed. Have to find another way I guess.

#10463 8 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

I emailed to see what's going on. Sounds like I'm hosed. Have to find another way I guess.

Huh?

I don't get it. Kevin clearly stole the money.

#10464 8 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

Do you have a lawyer? If so, contact them ASAP to find out what's going on.

#10465 8 years ago

Contacted Keith - Basically it was dismissed from one court and refiled in another. It's still pending.

#10466 8 years ago

#10467 8 years ago

So, no one can give us a full or partial run down of how court went?

#10468 8 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

Contacted Keith - Basically it was dismissed from one court and refiled in another. It's still pending.

If you look at all the motions you can see several months of back and forth to get the case moved to district court. Any lawyers care to speculate why the defense wanted that?

#10469 8 years ago

The defense didn't want to change courts, it was just filed in the wrong court. The judge kicked the thing down and everything had to be refiled in the new court, which takes time and money.

#10470 8 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

The defense didn't want to change courts, it was just filed in the wrong court. The judge kicked the thing down and everything had to be refiled in the new court, which takes time and money.

JESUS !! Our tax dollars at work once again.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.
269-979-3836

#10471 8 years ago

It's your money not tax money. It was filed in the wrong court. It cost him money to refile. Well your money.

#10472 8 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

It's your money not tax money. It was filed in the wrong court. It cost him money to refile. Well your money.

False

#10473 8 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Our tax dollars at work once again.

Quoted from cfh:

I imagine it's both--the court's time and the lawyer's time and the costs for filing fees.

#10474 8 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I imagine it's both--the court's time and the lawyer's time and the costs for filing fees.

right. but i think it's more like when you file in one court and it gets knocked down to a different court, you have to re-file and all the fees associated with that have to be paid again. Also kevin's lawyer can ask the court to get paid by the plaintiff instead of Kevin (so i hear, that would certainly be interesting.) the court's time was probably pretty minimal. but the entire time line gets stretched because everything has to start over. it's like running a race and everyone is pushed back to the starting line. And the biggest cost of re-filing is the lawyer's time. all the paper work has to be re-done and put through again. i don't know too many lawyers, but most are like $100/hr and up. That's not public money, that's clients' money whom is paying that bill.

I know Keith is a pinball guy and that's probably why he took this on, merging his hobby with his profession. that's cool. but i don't believe this type of law is his mainstream, so some mistakes may have been made in the original filing. hence the paperwork/time line re-start thing in a different court. there certainly may be different takes on that, but from looking at the documents and what has happened, that's seems very likely.

#10475 8 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

right. but i think it's more like when you file in one court and it gets knocked down to a different court, you have to re-file and all the fees associated with that have to be paid again. Also kevin's lawyer can ask the court to get paid by the plaintiff instead of Kevin (so i hear, that would certainly be interesting.) the court's time was probably pretty minimal. but the entire time line gets stretched because everything has to start over. it's like running a race and everyone is pushed back to the starting line. And the biggest cost of re-filing is the lawyer's time. all the paper work has to be re-done and put through again. i don't know too many lawyers, but most are like $100/hr and up. That's not public money, that's clients' money whom is paying that bill.
I know Keith is a pinball guy and that's probably why he took this on, merging his hobby with his profession. that's cool. but i don't believe this type of law is his mainstream, so some mistakes may have been made in the original filing. hence the paperwork/time line re-start thing in a different court. there certainly may be different takes on that, but from looking at the documents and what has happened, that's seems very likely.

That, or he could just be doing what lawyers do, bill by the hour. I'm sure it was an honest mistake, lawyering is hard!

Did anyone check if the lawyer had a, umm license?

#10476 8 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Did anyone check if the lawyer had a, umm license?

He's doing it out of his basement....

#10477 8 years ago

Guys don't worry about the license! I spoke with the lawyer this morning and he assured me and everyone else there is not an issue.

#10478 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I will be happy to share everything I can once it is all done.

Maybe you can be a guest on Kaneda's pincast?

#10479 8 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Guys don't worry about the license! I spoke with the lawyer this morning and he assured me and everyone else there is not an issue.

Too funny... tears funny...

#10480 8 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

Who chose the wrong court?

#10481 8 years ago

The plaintiffs' lawyer chose the court I do believe. the court in which he filed was the one that he thought would work out best for the plaintiff. I think his plan was to make this almost class action style which would require a higher court. But the judge did not see it that way and moved it down a level. This is at least what I've heard. I think most would view this as a mistake by the plaintiffs' lawyer. But who knows it's hard to say since none of us here are really lawyers. Maybe a better way to put it is it was a strategy that did not work out, opposed to a mistake.

Regardless, the end result is what it is. The whole thing had to get restarted in a different court. You can look at that in a variety of ways, but bottom line, the whole thing is just taking longer and costing the plaintiffs more money. Who's fault that may be is really irrelevant.

#10482 8 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

the whole thing is just taking longer and costing the plaintiffs more money. Who's fault that may be is really irrelevant.

Switching venues will of course cost something in both attorney time and new filing fees. Whether that expense falls on the plaintiffs or the lawyer depends entirely on the fee arrangement. If they're paying him by the hour, plus administrative costs, plaintiffs may lose out (unless their lawyer agrees to reduced fees). If they're paying fixed-fee or a percentage of recovery, then any extra hours spent are the lawyer's problem, not his clients'. The only people that would know those details are the plaintiffs and the lawyer.

#10483 8 years ago

A whole lot of conjecture going on.

#10484 8 years ago

Conjecture_(resized).jpgConjecture_(resized).jpg

#10485 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

A whole lot of conjecture going on.

That's what happens when there's no actual news

#10486 8 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Switching venues will of course cost something in both attorney time and new filing fees. Whether that expense falls on the plaintiffs or the lawyer depends entirely on the fee arrangement. If they're paying him by the hour, plus administrative costs, plaintiffs may lose out (unless their lawyer agrees to reduced fees). If they're paying fixed-fee or a percentage of recovery, then any extra hours spent are the lawyer's problem, not his clients'. The only people that would know those details are the plaintiffs and the lawyer.

I can tell you I paid a fixed fee. I couldn't tell you what everyone else paid. Our attorney had a couple different options when I signed on.

#10488 8 years ago
Quoted from c508:

Maybe you can be a guest on Kaneda's pincast?

Is there another podcast that calls itself a Pincast?

#10489 8 years ago
Quoted from kayluh:

Is there another podcast that calls itself a Pincast?

No idea? I was just teasing WhySnow!

#10490 8 years ago
Quoted from c508:

No idea? I was just teasing WhySnow!

Gotcha. It looks like he doesn't, but I like that the word is catching on.
I tried to listen to a few episodes yesterday and it was beyond miserable.

2 weeks later
#10491 7 years ago

bump.
any updates?
MXZp7V6_(resized).jpgMXZp7V6_(resized).jpg

#10492 7 years ago

3 hour bump.

ps. ^^ answer = Kevin... all he had to do was take the predator's money and then just vanish with it

judge-mic-drop-1_(resized).jpgjudge-mic-drop-1_(resized).jpg

#10495 7 years ago

Any news?

#10496 7 years ago

Not a word.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
268-979-3836

#10497 7 years ago

So what happened to KeithinMI.
He was all over the thread back when he was drumming up business(or clients)
Now...... Nothing.

#10500 7 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

So what happened to KeithinMI.
He was all over the thread back when he was drumming up business(or clients)
Now...... Nothing.

Now he's involved in active litigation, and to post on a public forum at this time would be incredibly unwise. Is that so hard to understand?

There are 18,488 posts in this topic. You are on page 210 of 370.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-skit-b-predator-discussion/page/210?hl=xdetroit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.