Topic Stats

• 18,272 posts
  • 815 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,540 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
194b3475e0440b8112afc0ac4ad5bf0ed0e8ec3db63fb4b6748a4f2e06a9865b (resized).jpg
31A053C2-4495-4E3E-980F-E5ADEA02F1DE (resized).jpeg
IMG_2933 (resized).JPG
beetlejuice-shrunken head (resized).jpg
2716720260_bc8966f6b1 (resized).jpg
D460F55E-AD42-43C6-91EB-B8162A84A094.gif
Screenshot_20190103-214734_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20181108-174321 (resized).png
Fife Appeal Sept 24 2018.pdf (PDF preview)
cat ooo 2.gif
7332539.attach (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

86 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 18272 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 366.
#1001 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

What fiend would tilt a photo of Scarlett Johanson, the only actress under 30 who actually eats sandwiches?

Quoted from Plungemaster:

Which moran is tilting those lovely ladies all over the forum????
This is a Dutch forum, ladies allowed!

Dear everyone.

Stop getting all mad and worked up about tilting.

Tilting is not a bad thing, is not indicative of someone disagreeing with your post, is not somehow a slam against what you posted, doesn't indicate the person is a boob-hater, etc. It is simply a safety measure to let people who choose to want to not see your boob pics, half naked chicks, and questionable material NOT SEE IT. This could be because they do not like seeing questionable material, because they have young children at home, or because they look at Pinside at work and do not want to get fired because someone posted boobs all over the place. (The latter category includes myself actually. I personally have no problem with the pic contents, but I access it at work to moderate on a regular basis and refuse to lose my job because you all can't tilt pics.)

Robin has gone so far as to make tilting your own questionable posts MANDATORY, and at one point it was talked about to temp freeze accounts of people who purposely did not. That policy is not currently in place at this time, but that may change depending on circumstances. A big update is coming soon that will change a few things.

Everyone has control over their tilt threshold, and if you want to see EVERYTHING then you can. Just change your tilt settings. We're not trying to censor or edit people, we're just trying to keep it safe for people to even look at Pinside in public places.

Pasted straight from the Pinside FAQ sticky thread:

What are TILT warnings?
Sometimes a post may contain images or text not suited for all, while still falling within the Pinside rules. Let's call it "grey" content. Please tilt this using the tilt warning icon above your post. As others will do the same, this forms a user-moderated "shield" so we can all safely browse the site in public spaces, at work, or when our kids are around. TILTing your own image uploads (when needed) is mandatory. Failure to do so may earn you a Pinside rules violation warning, so please be responsible.

So TILTing is a form of censorship?
Gosh no! It's up to you how you set your TILT warning threshold. You can even disable it to see all content. TILT warnings are merely a way to protect sensitive eyes from forum content which some may regard as "dangerous" or "unsuitable".

#1002 4 years ago

Right theme, art, layout & price and pre-ordering will do just fine.....look at Alien.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#1004 4 years ago

Art, I know where you live. I'll hunt you down and tilt you myself.

#1006 4 years ago

Ted! Where did you find that picture of M !?!?!?!?

OK guys, Thats really Blonde Tall!

...and I am leaving now for Miami so I wont see this thread for a while....sorry you are not here, M.

#1007 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Ted! Where did you find that picture of M !?!?!?!?

Our secret...

#1008 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

When your grail pin becomes available, you will pre-order....

TBL was not pre-ordered so that's not true Ted.

#1009 4 years ago

Oh, I just mean in general. Most say they will never pre order...including myself...BUT, if that Forbidden Planet machine was announced...I'd pre-pay immd...

#1010 4 years ago

I hear you it was pretty hard for me to fight the temptation of TBL but I'm sticking to my guns. Having my money out of investments and in on a pin that doesn't exist for years on in just grates at me.

#1011 4 years ago

image-659.jpg

#1012 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Howyoudoin.gif

#1013 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

WOOLY was too expensive.
EoD has terrible art and is a theme no one cares about.

Neither are great examples of pre-ordering failure to me. Both machines stumbled/are stumbling on their own issues. The pre-order concept is just the frosting on the cake.

I wouldn't buy either machine at their current price/art/theme if the machines were sitting on my doorstep just waiting for me to hand over the cash.

#1014 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

BUT, if that Forbidden Planet machine was announced...I'd pre-pay immd...

Goddammit Ted! You're making it VERY annoying to keep away from preordering here.

FP is an uber cool theme!

#1015 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Oh, I just mean in general. Most say they will never pre order...including myself...BUT, if that Forbidden Planet machine was announced...I'd pre-pay immd...

Me too Teddy, depending on who announced it.......you, me, Rick and a few dozen others would LOVE it!

#1016 4 years ago

Who would you pick to make it? Once that one off is done, whoever just has to replicate it...

#1017 4 years ago

I would be in too. Excellent movie and theme.

#1018 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Who would you pick to make it?

Ben and Aurich to design it, and Charlie to build it.

#1019 4 years ago

I love Forbidden Planet. I'm sitting in front of the Mondo limited edition movie print even as a type this.

Robbie would make a sweet pin toy, you could have him from just the waist up, so you could make him big, and on a servo that rotates like the AMH ghost, but gear him up so his arms move as he turns. Comet Ice Blue LED in the head to light him up as he talks to you.

#1020 4 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Aurich to design it

Right after the JM alt translite

#1021 4 years ago

What is sensitive about a woman who has her hands over her boobs?

This is just my point, there is nothing sensitive in that picture. If you are not offended by shampoo commercials you will make it trough the day looking at this.

I am just flabbergasted that every ladie who does not wear a burka is tilted here. On a Dutch site. That is just wrong. I understand it if it are naked pics. But this?

Come on.....

We growed up with Turks fruit. Nothing wrong with that.

#1022 4 years ago

It's a scientific fact that the risk of getting fired by glimpsing upon Kate Uptons thangs is acceptable.

#1023 4 years ago

What is sensitive about a woman who has her hands over her boobs?
This is just my point, there is nothing sensitive in that picture. If you are not offended by shampoo commercials you will make it trough the day looking at this.
I am just flabbergasted that every ladie who does not wear a burka is tilted here. On a Dutch site. That is just wrong. I understand it if it are naked pics. But this?
Come on.....
We growed up with Turks fruit. Nothing wrong with that.

Is it really that hard to understand? If someone is at work maybe they'd prefer to not have pin up photos appearing on their computer screen.

If you don't mind, then set your tilt settings to ignore it. It won't hurt you one bit.

#1024 4 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

What are TILT warnings?
Sometimes a post may contain images or text not suited for all, while still falling within the Pinside rules. Let's call it "grey" content. Please tilt this using the tilt warning icon above your post. As others will do the same, this forms a user-moderated "shield" so we can all safely browse the site in public spaces, at work, or when our kids are around. TILTing your own image uploads (when needed) is mandatory. Failure to do so may earn you a Pinside rules violation warning, so please be responsible.
So TILTing is a form of censorship?
Gosh no! It's up to you how you set your TILT warning threshold. You can even disable it to see all content. TILT warnings are merely a way to protect sensitive eyes from forum content which some may regard as "dangerous" or "unsuitable".

Pinside Parliamentary Procedure... aka "Robin's Rules of Order"

#1025 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Is it really that hard to understand? If someone is at work maybe they'd prefer to not have pin up photos appearing on their computer screen.
If you don't mind, then set your tilt settings to ignore it. It won't hurt you one bit.

Exactly. Keep in mind that it's not necessarily the person viewing or logged into pinside - it's the folks that are nearby that may catch a glance that has a problem with it, and if they don't like it, it comes down on the person who's screen it's on.

#1026 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I love Forbidden Planet. I'm sitting in front of the Mondo limited edition movie print even as a type this.

Big Forbidden Planet fan! Leslie and Anne were friends. I DO have a few Robby's...

IMG_4099.JPG IMG_4100.JPG IMG_4101.JPG IMG_4103.JPG IMG_4105.JPG IMG_4106.JPG IMG_4108.JPG
#1027 4 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Ben and Aurich to design it, and Charlie to build it.

Quoted from Aurich:

Robbie would make a sweet pin toy, you could have him from just the waist up, so you could make him big, and on a servo that rotates like the AMH ghost, but gear him up so his arms move as he turns. Comet Ice Blue LED in the head to light him up as he talks to you.
» YouTube video

Quoted from spfxted:

Big Forbidden Planet fan! Leslie and Anne were friends. I DO have a few Robby's...

And... I think we now have a sponsor!

#1028 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Robbie would make a sweet pin toy, you could have him from just the waist up, so you could make him big, and on a servo that rotates like the AMH ghost, but gear him up so his arms move as he turns

better not have Stern do this one or they may need to shave off the bottom of Robbie's arm.

#1029 4 years ago

I'm IN! Had a painting made with me in Earl's part...

IMG_4102.JPG
#1030 4 years ago

I just found out I can set up my account to ignore the ignore feature so I can see all the tastefully shot pictures of Kate.

But I wonder if tilt is the correct thing to warn against Kate Upton pics, I mean does this count again my carma points and will I get penalized for posting a beautiful woman?

Don't forget CFTBL Is as risqué as the picture I posted. PG-13 at worst.

#1031 4 years ago

This is what I love about Pinside, you have a thread about a game that doesn't exist yet on which there is no information. Kevin turns into Marshawn Lynch all the sudden and we are on page 21 of the thread.

#1032 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I just found out I can set up my account to ignore the ignore feature so I can see all the tastefully shot pictures of Kate.
But I wonder if tilt is the correct thing to warn against Kate Upton pics, I mean does this count again my carma points and will I get penalized for posting a beautiful woman?
Don't forget CFTBL Is as risqué as the picture I posted. PG-13 at worst.

Tilt does not count against your karma or put you on a blacklist of some kind. As the mods point out every time this comes up this is not a judgment that your post is unnaceptable, just that it may not fit in a business environment. It's a courtesy to others to tilt your own boob posts (as well as others' boob posts) so that those that don't want to see them won't. Nothing more!

#1033 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Tilt affects nothing, it's not a hit against you, it's not a thumbs down, it's just a way of saying "hey, this might be too sexy for the people around you too handle, so only click to reveal if you're cool with that".

Edit: Damnit too slow!

#1036 4 years ago

If not Forbidden Planet....Maybe a 50's Sci-Fi theme machine with all the monsters....or a Harryhausen machine with all his films!

#1037 4 years ago

100 times yes to a Harryhausen pin.

#1038 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

This is for you my man so you can figure out who's hotter Kate or Scarlett, Kate for my money. But I'd not kick either out of bed for eating crackers if you know what I mean.
» YouTube video

That's like choosing between a Ferrari and a Lambo. I'll go with Kate though.

#1039 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Most say they will never pre order...including myself...BUT, if that Forbidden Planet machine was announced.

Agreed! It looks to good to pass up.

#1040 4 years ago

Nice display case Ted! I especially like the Harryhausen film figures on the center shelf. Also like the 7 Voyages of Sinbad poster on the wall. One of my favorite movies as a kid.

So back on topic (sort of)..... Where's the Predator stuff in your movie room?

#1041 4 years ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

Nice display case Ted! I especially like the Harryhausen film figures on the center shelf. Also like the 7 Voyages of Sinbad poster on the wall. One of my favorite movies as a kid.

Me too. That's just the top part of the case. More on the bottom.
No Predator in THAT room....I have a few others filled with "stuff"

#1042 4 years ago

Forbidden Planet is a great theme, and that's the best part of these boutique's and newer companies making pins.

#1043 4 years ago

Pinside may be Dutch in origin, but clearly has a massive USA user base. If someone catches me browsing nearly-nude or otherwise suggestive photos (even accidentally) in my American corporate office, I could get fired. Perhaps no one is bothered by boobs in the Netherlands, but I'd wager less than 1% of Pinside users are Dutch.

Furthermore, tilting is not censorship, or even disapproval! It's just common courtesy for those who may not want to view risqué content, or worse, could lose their job over a boob jpeg. I suspect you actually understand this, but just won't let it go. You can't win 'em all.

#1044 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

If someone catches me browsing nearly-nude or otherwise suggestive photos (even accidentally) in my corporate office, I could get fired.

lol, so why take the risk then?

Why not work at work, and browse in your freetime?

#1045 4 years ago
Quoted from goalzzz:

lol, so why take the risk then?

That's not how The US rolls

#1046 4 years ago
Quoted from goalzzz:

this is by far the most unreasonable suggestion in this thread.

#1047 4 years ago

Why don't people just use tilt, like Robin has said you should, and stop worrying about it?

#1048 4 years ago

I like turtles

#1049 4 years ago
Quoted from lamihh:

I like turtles

Tortoises are my thing..!

#1050 4 years ago

If you're going to get fired for looking at a "boob" pic at work, you're not as valuable to the company as you think.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 11.95
$ 36.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 799.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Lighting - Led
TheDudeMods
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Wheezer
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
There are 18272 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 366.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside