Topic Stats

• 18,269 posts
  • 815 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 33 days ago by Cobra99
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,540 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
194b3475e0440b8112afc0ac4ad5bf0ed0e8ec3db63fb4b6748a4f2e06a9865b (resized).jpg
31A053C2-4495-4E3E-980F-E5ADEA02F1DE (resized).jpeg
IMG_2933 (resized).JPG
beetlejuice-shrunken head (resized).jpg
2716720260_bc8966f6b1 (resized).jpg
D460F55E-AD42-43C6-91EB-B8162A84A094.gif
Screenshot_20190103-214734_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20181108-174321 (resized).png
Fife Appeal Sept 24 2018.pdf (PDF preview)
cat ooo 2.gif
7332539.attach (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

86 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 18269 posts in this topic. You are on page 205 of 366.
#10201 3 years ago

I wonder what happened...

#10202 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

But short of credit card chargebacks, no one has seen any money and there's never been an explanation of what happened to it.

I'm sure it went to his lawyers.

#10203 3 years ago

I still can't believe I sent money to that fool! I'm willing to bet that the rest of his life is going to be as much a gong show as this project was so I don't see success in Kevin's future anytime soon. Odds are he will scrape the bottom of the barrel for the next 40 years and probably amount to nothing. Thats the only joy I can take from this fiasco

#10204 3 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

I still can't believe I sent money to that fool! I'm willing to bet that the rest of his life is going to be as much a gong show as this project was so I don't see success in Kevin's future anytime soon. Odds are he will scrape the bottom of the barrel for the next 40 years and probably amount to nothing. Thats the only joy I can take from this fiasco

Not sure that is true. I have an ex brother-in-law, and I say ex, since the entire family has disowned him based on his lack of ethics and the fact he has screwed family and friends on more than one occasion. The thing is, he always seems to find the next 'business' and new folks will to invest in him, and then when things fail, lots of people are screwed and somehow he manages to come out of it with few repercussions. He then seems to be able to find the next business and sway new "investors" and the like, rinse and repeat. Some guys can talk a good game and sway folks to like him and to get on board (heck, he is on his fourth wife).

Nothing that has happened so far will discourage Kevin from doing this type of thing again. In fact, given that so far he has had little repercussion for what he is done, it will more likely embolden him to do something like this again. Other then damaging his reputation in the pinball world, nothing really bad has happened to him at this point.

#10205 3 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Nothing that has happened so far will discourage Kevin from doing this type of thing again. In fact, given that so far he has had little repercussion for what he is done, it will more likely embolden him to do something like this again. Other then damaging his reputation in the pinball world, nothing really bad has happened to him at this point.

At least in the pinball world he is screwed (and rightfully so). He won't be able to attach his name to anything pinball related. Hopefully, there will be some redemption for those who lost money. Even though the "wheels of justice turn slow" I'm optimistic he will get what's coming to him.

#10206 3 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

At least in the pinball world he is screwed (and rightfully so). He won't be able to attach his name to anything pinball related. Hopefully, there will be some redemption for those who lost money. Even though the "wheels of justice turn slow" I'm optimistic he will get what's coming to him.

Quoted from Whysnow:

If you have any proof of this please feel free to forward it on to KeithinMI. More evidence of him continuing to spend cash at things like arcade auctions may be useful as discovery continues.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kevin-kulek-shows-up-at-w-s-auction-today-91915#post-2694171

#10207 3 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

My court date was January 12th, the letter said I didn't need to be there. That was the last I heard.
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

Same here, Im afraid the money on paying the attorney was wasted also.

#10209 3 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

If it makes KK's life hard, the attorney fees were worth it.

#10210 3 years ago
Quoted from Topher5000:

If it makes KK's life hard, the attorney fees were worth it.

It can't be making his life too hard if he's still going to auctions and bidding on games.

#10211 3 years ago

He's probably doing bong rips as he reads any new posts on this thread.

#10212 3 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Yup I got that same feeling and telling me that "the wheels of justice turn slowly" is not helping one bit and is very lame at this point.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#10213 3 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Yup I got that same feeling and telling me that "the wheels of justice turn slowly" is not helping one bit and is very lame at this point.
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

The time lag doesn't necessarily mean it's all billable time. Cases can stall until a scheduled court date comes up.

#10214 3 years ago

Any news?

image_(resized).jpeg

#10215 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

The time lag doesn't necessarily mean it's all billable time. Cases can stall until a scheduled court date comes up.

I just want to see a deposition transcript or maybe a video. That right there would be awesome.

#10216 3 years ago

Not a word !!

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.
269-979-3836

#10217 3 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Not a word !!
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.
269-979-3836

call your lawyer and talk to him.

all my questions have been answered.

Things still moving along at the expected pace of our court system...

#10218 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

call your lawyer and talk to him.
all my questions have been answered.
Things still moving along at the expected pace of our court system...

Planning on it soon because obviously he's not going to come back to me with any info.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.
269-979-3836

#10219 3 years ago

maybe Shit b is on vacation thinking how he's going to give the money back... not.

you guys paid for his wife new house or whatever it was...

Beach_(resized).jpg

#10220 3 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

maybe Shit b is on vacation thinking how he's going to give the money back... not.
you guys paid for his wife new house or whatever it was...

Thanks for the kick in the nuts !!

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#10221 3 years ago

On topic... Can i take the loss/theft on my 2015 taxes?

#10222 3 years ago

Hope you guys get your $ back asap but with the way courts are it well take months to years.

#10223 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

That depends on whether it can legally meet the definition of theft. I'm not a tax expert so I don't know if negligence and/or fraud legally constitutes theft. From a tax guidance document:

Theft Losses - A theft is the taking and removal of money or property with the intent to deprive the owner of it. The taking must be illegal under the law of the state where it occurred and must have been done with criminal intent.

The amount of your theft loss is generally the adjusted basis of your property because the fair market value of your property immediately after the theft is considered to be zero

Best of luck everyone affected by this BS...
Jaz

#10224 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

There was a post on RGP with some info about that which I linked somewhere in this thread or the zidware thread.

[Edit] found it

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6/page/348#post-2652361

#10225 3 years ago

thanks. Will talk with personal accountant. Sounds like I can take it as a loss but if I ever see it returned then I will need to take it as a gain at that time...

My accountant is a pro so he will know.

#10226 3 years ago

It was theft.

#10227 3 years ago

What ever happened to Pinchilli and the proto Predator that he slithered off with?

#10228 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

What ever happened to Pinchilli and the proto Predator that he slithered off with?

This is a very good question. I suspect the machine will turn up sometime.

#10229 3 years ago

or the other 6 that the detective and FBI saw in his basement.

#10230 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

This is a very good question. I suspect the machine will turn up sometime.

Tim Fife will likely attempt to sell it at some point for a crazy amount (from what I have been told he already has been floating it around). In case anyone is thinking about it when that day comes; that particular game is the dog of the prototypes that were built. If you are a trophy collector then go for it, but that one in particular is hacked up and pretty slammed together.

I personally would not touch it with a 10ft pole just for the bad juju.

#10231 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I personally would not touch it with a 10ft pole just for the bad juju.

+1

You couldn't give me a Predator or Magic Girl machine for free. I'd just set it on fire.

#10232 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

+1
You couldn't give me a Predator or Magic Girl machine for free. I'd just set it on fire.

no! this machine should be displayed at every pinball show possible forever.it should have a large photo of kk as a topper with that red flashing warning light. large place cards with accurate info on this scam for others coming into this hobby to read.

#10233 3 years ago

Does fox not see the potential....why didn't they just "take over"......finish them....sell them.....cut KK out......boom....everyone's happy.......?!..............Joey

#10234 3 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

Does fox not see the potential....why didn't they just "take over"......finish them....sell them.....cut KK out......boom....everyone's happy.......?!..............Joey

I don't think Kevin's mom would let the Fox people into her kitchen to build machines.

#10235 3 years ago

From a scale perspective, I doubt it's worth Fox's time to think of KK and Predator as anything more than an annoyance, like a gnat on a horse.

#10236 3 years ago

Fox just wrote off 80 million of their investment in one of the sports fantasy companies, seriously doubt they are interested in making pinballs in hopes of making a million dollars in revenue. As I have said before, they only license stuff to promote the brand, not for money, if it takes any really effort on their part, they have no interest. Look at the pain Heighway is going through to get approvals for stuff, this is very low priority for them. Best case is that someone else will get the legit license, but that will do nothing for those who got screwed by kevin.

#10237 3 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Best case is that someone else will get the legit license, but that will do nothing for those who got screwed by kevin.

Whatever the Manufacturer would be, I would wait a bit before announcing this game. Still painful to some. I have more or less found atonement - unsure how I would react if a see a (Insert Brand Name Here) Predator pin announced.

#10238 3 years ago

Agreed...just hearing reference to Predator anything is off-putting to me. I'm not even sure I could enjoy the movie like before.

#10239 3 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Whatever the Manufacturer would be, I would wait a bit before announcing this game.

It does raise an interesting question, would anyone want to make a Predator machine, given the history of it.

#10240 3 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

It does raise an interesting question, would anyone want to make a Predator machine, given the history of it.

Someone that doesn't accept pre orders would do just fine. And as long as it was a totally different layout...this one was horrible.

#10241 3 years ago

Could have just built Space Hunter and been done with it. Lightened it up a bit with a sexy looking girl named Butch. You get the idea The truth and a compromise would have been better than nothing to me.
But it sure seems just doing nothing is the easy way out.

#10242 3 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

I sure hope so. Love this movie...and would love to see some redemption for it. Now, mythbusters pin that dipshit was putting together....no thanks

#10243 3 years ago

In lieu of GB Reboot.....So goes predator:

http://io9.gizmodo.com/this-new-predator-image-could-be-the-start-of-something-1759282502

Not that we have to think of starting again.....just the franchise rebooting.

pred_(resized).jpg

#10244 3 years ago

I heard something about that...the guy who played "Hawkins" is a writer....and supposedly helping write the script. Hope its better than the last one....."Predators"

#10245 3 years ago

acbgbdznxdiov2htuqyh_(resized).jpg

#10246 3 years ago

As an outsider looking at this thread I just have some questions about the whole situation.
I just wonder:
If he would have kept it to a machine or 5, nobody would have taken notice, like the guys who did the Matrix. No license issue there, right?
If he could have rebranded the predator theme to something else and settle with FOX on the mistake made, he could have build a set of pins, or not?

#10247 3 years ago

The Betty & Veronica vs Predator licence could be relatively inexpensive... Is there a phone number on the back cover?

#10248 3 years ago

Can anyone comment on where the litigation stands in general? Haven't heard anything from the attorney here that offered his services. Are the wheels of justice still turning or has ever thing come to a halt? Obviously not looking for specifics if still ongoing just looking for some good news that there's still a possibility money is coming back and kevin is going to jail.

#10249 3 years ago

I just wonder:
If he would have kept it to a machine or 5, nobody would have taken notice, like the guys who did the Matrix. No license issue there, right?
If he could have rebranded the predator theme to something else and settle with FOX on the mistake made, he could have build a set of pins, or not?

Technically the matrix guys illegally sold those machines for profit. And it's not just about skimping out on licensing, it's about protecting the brand. Imagine if someone wanted to do Hitler Vs superman.. it's only a few machines right? Well if it shows up at shows, or youtube and gets a lot of hits and DC comics finds out the machine was sold for profit, they may have an issue with that.

#10250 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Can anyone comment on where the litigation stands in general? Haven't heard anything from the attorney here that offered his services. Are the wheels of justice still turning or has ever thing come to a halt? Obviously not looking for specifics if still ongoing just looking for some good news that there's still a possibility money is coming back and kevin is going to jail.

still progressing. There was some back and forth deciding which court needed to hear the case. That seems to be settled now. Gears of the system are turning slowly but still turning.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
$ 15.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Flipper Parts
Buthamburg
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 90.00
Playfields
PinBall Reborn
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 299.00
Displays
Boston Pinball Company
Cabinet - Toppers
liorillusion
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
$ 0.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
There are 18269 posts in this topic. You are on page 205 of 366.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside