Topic Stats

• 18,299 posts
  • 815 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 hours ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,543 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pirateplayersclub (resized).jpg
case against keith.pdf (PDF preview)
_2_16-21030.pdf (PDF preview)
Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
194b3475e0440b8112afc0ac4ad5bf0ed0e8ec3db63fb4b6748a4f2e06a9865b (resized).jpg
31A053C2-4495-4E3E-980F-E5ADEA02F1DE (resized).jpeg
IMG_2933 (resized).JPG
beetlejuice-shrunken head (resized).jpg
2716720260_bc8966f6b1 (resized).jpg
D460F55E-AD42-43C6-91EB-B8162A84A094.gif
Screenshot_20190103-214734_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20181108-174321 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

86 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 18299 posts in this topic. You are on page 200 of 366.
#9951 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I didn't say it was more likely to occur - only that the criminal side is the only one that would likely result in any satisfaction.
At least if a criminal case were successfully prosecuted - the guy would be labeled a felon which actually has pretty serious consequences even if he didn't spend any time behind bars.

Of course a criminal case would be satisfying in that it's pretty much costless to the victims and would likely be very painful for Kevin, even if he's broke. Unfortunately it's out of the victims' power to force a criminal case to go forward, and the statements from detectives reported months ago in this thread suggest that a criminal case is unlikely to happen. So it's not accurate to suggest that people pursuing civil claims have somehow "picked" that over pushing hard for criminal prosecution. They're pursuing one of the few clear options left to them in the face of police inaction.

Is $500 invested in a civil claim likely to pay off? Maybe not. Kevin's certainly not behaving as if he has the money to repay what he owes. But what else are Kevin's victims supposed to do? Walk away on the assumption that nothing but further frustration will come from this sorry mess? I respect that response and understand why some have chosen it. But I also get why some would pursue a civil claim, knowing full well that Kevin may never pay or may end up in bankruptcy, but viewing a legal judgment as a better outcome than Kevin simply getting off unscathed, and possibly sitting on some remaining Predator cash. To some it's worth $500 (not much in the world of legal expenses) to see this through and to hopefully achieve some legal if not financial vindication.

#9952 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

How many pins will fit in a white Ford Bronco?

This is A.C.; you know who I am, Dammit!

#9953 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

We don't have 'debtors prisons'

I hear this all the time. It is a common myth because we were designed as a country to not have a debtors prisons...but try to avoid paying your pay roll taxes...watch what happens to you.

There are plenty of instances where people lose their freedoms for a period of time because they can't pay money they owe.

#9954 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I hear this all the time. It is a common myth because we were designed as a country to not have a debtors prisons...but try to avoid paying your pay roll taxes...watch what happens to you.
There are plenty of instances where people lose their freedoms for a period of time because they can't pay money they owe.

Oh No, another thread getting political . . .

#9955 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

And this will not be one of those instances. Juice not worth the squeeze.

#9956 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Tax evasion is different than not having the money to pay taxes.

Quoted from TigerLaw:

Like? I've never heard of anyone going for jail for no other reason than being poor. Even areas that tried to make homelessness illegal were shot down by the supreme court.

#9957 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

A key distinction... owing taxes vs debts.

#9958 4 years ago

What is a vagrancy charge?

Historically, vagrancy laws made it a crime for a person to wander from place to place without visible means of support. Basically, these laws criminalized being homeless and jobless. States used vagrancy laws to arrest, prosecute, and harass homeless people and poor people who were suspected of criminal activity or who were considered undesirable.

Criminalizing Homelessness and Poverty

Most criminal statutes prohibit certain acts, such as taking something that does not belong to you or having sex for money; or failures to act, such as failing to provide a safe home for your children. While vagrancy laws sometimes prohibited specific acts, such as loitering (although this term can be problematic, as explained below), sleeping outside, panhandling, fortune telling, gambling, or prostitution, they also prohibited being a certain type of person (without regard to what that person might be doing or not doing). Vagrancy laws criminalized being:

unemployed
an alcoholic or a drug addict
a prostitute, or
homeless.
Under vagrancy laws, it was a crime to be any of these things, even if the person was not otherwise doing anything illegal. Laws that prohibit being something, rather than doing something, are called status crimes. As explained below, many courts have decided that status crimes, including some vagrancy laws, are problematic and hence unenforceable.

#9959 4 years ago

Kevin doesn't have a job, no visible means of support? Has money to travel half way across the country and buy coin op equipment.
And all the money is gone.

Under Michigan’s laws, it is a crime to be a “disorderly person.” Being a disorderly person, sometimes called disorderly conduct or disturbing the peace, can mean a lot of different things, from picketing funerals to fighting in bars. What all kinds of disorderly conduct have in common is that they are behaviors that are likely to upset, anger, or annoy others.

For more general information on the crime of disorderly conduct, see Disorderly Conduct Laws and Penalties.

Disorderly Person

In Michigan, it is a crime to be a “disorderly person.” Michigan’s disorderly person law is similar to an old-fashioned vagrancy law and includes a prohibition against vagrants (people who wander from place to place without visible means of support). Historically, vagrancy laws criminalized a broad range of conduct, and states used vagrancy laws to arrest, prosecute, and harass homeless people and poor people who were suspected of criminal activity or considered undesirable.

For more information, see our article on Vagrancy.

Under Michigan’s law, the term “disorderly person” covers a broad range of undesirable behavior, including:

being able-bodied but failing to support your family
being a prostitute or “loitering” (hanging out) in places of prostitution
being a “Peeping Tom”
engaging in an illegal business or profession (such as illegal gambling)
loitering in places where illegal business is transacted
being intoxicated in public and disturbing others or endangering people or property
engaging in indecent or obscene conduct in public (such as nudity or sexual acts)
being a vagrant
loitering at police stations, jails, hospitals, or courthouses, soliciting work as an attorney or bail bond, and
unnecessarily jostling or crowding others in public places.

#9960 4 years ago
Quoted from asay:

Like? I've never heard of anyone going for jail for no other reason than being poor. Even areas that tried to make homelessness illegal were shot down by the supreme court.

#9961 4 years ago

I'm not sure if this has been posted before, but the link for filing complaints with the Michigan Consumer Protection Division of the Attorney General's Office is:

https://secure.ag.state.mi.us/complaints/consumer.aspx

The link to the main page, which describes the process is:

http://www.michigan.gov/ag/0,4534,7-164-17331-42077--,00.html

There is no charge to file a complaint with the CPD. The form is easy to fill out and does not take an inordinate amount of time.

#9963 4 years ago

Why does everyone assume that he is out of money? He collected hundreds and hundreds of thousands of dollars. He didn't produce anything - even if he was a horrendous businessperson, he could not have spent all of it.

My guess is that he has spent some of it, but no where near all of it. He probably reads these and is hoping all of you give up and let him keep the money. He probably could live off that money for a long time without getting a real job.

Although not a Predator buyer, I am watching with interest and think Keith the lawyer will end up collecting on this.

#9964 4 years ago
Quoted from Ozzie:

Why does everyone assume that he is out of money? He collected hundreds and hundreds of thousands of dollars. He didn't produce anything - even if he was a horrendous businessperson, he could not have spent all of it.
My guess is that he has spent some of it, but no where near all of it. He probably reads these and is hoping all of you give up and let him keep the money. He probably could live off that money for a long time without getting a real job.
Although not a Predator buyer, I am watching with interest and think Keith the lawyer will end up collecting on this.

It's the easiest thing in the world to spend someone else's money. It wouldn't surprise me at all if it was all gone.

In JPop's interview this past week, he said all his preorder money was gone. But granted, he's been going at it a few years longer than the Predator project was active.

#9965 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

he said all his preorder money was gone

So, habitual liars only tell the truth when it comes to money?

#9966 4 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

So, habitual liars only tell the truth when it comes to money?

It was kind of obvious even before he said anything on the record about it because of the Pintasia situation.

#9967 4 years ago
Quoted from Ozzie:

Why does everyone assume that he is out of money?

Have you seen his wardrobe?

#9968 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Have you seen his wardrobe?

That doesn't mean anything. Plenty of folks with money don't flaunt it by wearing diamond studded dinner jackets while out and about. Some just like to go with the ol' jeans and t-shirt. You can't always tell how wealthy (or not) someone is by what they like to wear.

#9969 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

That doesn't mean anything. Plenty of folks with money don't flaunt it by wearing diamond studded dinner jackets.

Oh my gawd. Must I put a smilie face on every joke I post?

#9970 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Oh my gawd. Must I put a smilie face on every joke I post?

Nah. I loled at your post before posting my more serious follow-up.

#9971 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Nah. I loled at your post before posting my more serious follow-up.

Nice! Kind of a gotcha to my gotcha. - You got me. LOL

#9972 4 years ago

I must comment.

Today, based upon things I have reviewed today (in my office -- not on Pinside, and certainly not as an affront to anyone on Pinside), I have had to redefine in my small little noggin', the definition of stupidity. I am actually beside myself and have had to look at what I received a few times, thinking that maybe I slipped into a really bad episode of the Twilight Zone or The Outer Limits.

I am quite beside myself but then again, I suppose my profession relies on the stupidity of people.

#9973 4 years ago
Quoted from KeithinMI:

I must comment.
Today, based upon things I have reviewed today (in my office -- not on Pinside, and certainly not as an affront to anyone on Pinside), I have had to redefine in my small little noggin', the definition of stupidity. I am actually beside myself and have had to look at what I received a few times, thinking that maybe I slipped into a really bad episode of the Twilight Zone or The Outer Limits.
I am quite beside myself but then again, I suppose my profession relies on the stupidity of people.

Alright, spill it.

#9974 4 years ago
Quoted from Ozzie:

This is why they make involuntary Bankruptcy. I haven't read through this whole thread but it sure seems like someone should liquidate what's there and pay out buyers as unsecured creditors (probably pennies on the dollar).

#9975 4 years ago
Quoted from KeithinMI:

I must comment.

Hi Keith

I'd like to offer you a free security upgrade for your computer. Just send me your password and I'll take it from there.

DyeN2no, Inc.

#9976 4 years ago
Quoted from KeithinMI:

I must comment.

So, is this possibly really good news for the victims?

#9977 4 years ago

One of the keys is not letting any little thing go. Ever. For any reason. Each lead must be followed to its conclusion. Keith is doing an excellent job of going down the rabbit hole with not only Kevin kulek , but also his family , his partners , and people who got paid as they may also be held liable. A good day indeed. Mr kulek was not careful hiding his financial tracks...honestly - does that surprise anyone ?

#9978 4 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

One of the keys is not letting any little thing go. Ever. For any reason. Each lead must be followed to its conclusion. Keith is doing an excellent job of going down the rabbit hole with not only Kevin kulek , but also his family , his partners , and people who got paid as they may also be held liable. A good day indeed. Mr kulek was not careful hiding his financial tracks...honestly - does that surprise anyone ?

I believe a man once said "stupid is as stupid does".

QSS

#9979 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Hi Keith
I'd like to offer you a free security upgrade for your computer. Just send me your password and I'll take it from there.
DyeN2no, Inc.

My password for my computer is "Zyzzlyxxnx87452##&&!". Is that all you needed?

#9980 4 years ago
Quoted from KeithinMI:

I must comment.

Now I am interested...

Darwin Awards caliber?

#9981 4 years ago

The combination of the shield is:

1. 2. 3. 4. 5.

image.jpg

#9982 4 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

Yes, but I know there are some good people that were sub contracted to do work. I have no idea if they got paid or not. But it sure would be terrible if they got dragged into this. Even worse if they were made to repay any money received for work and parts contracted for and delivered.

#9983 4 years ago
Quoted from KeithinMI:

Hey, that's the same as my luggage.

#9984 4 years ago
Quoted from KeithinMI:

Doesn't work.

#9985 4 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Hey, that's the same as my luggage.

Quoted from Mr68:

Doesn't work.

What are you doing fiddling with taxman's luggage?

#9986 4 years ago

Coming up on post 10,000 today. 14 to go.

I hope no one gets the idea to post a bunch of blank posts real quick and then go back to edit each one to show the count down. No one should even think of sneaky things like that.

#9988 4 years ago

I really hope people don't start posting, just to hit the 10K mark. (12 to go)

Marcus

#9989 4 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

Marcus

No one would do that, 11

#9991 4 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

I really hope too. Would be bad.

#9994 4 years ago

10k by Halloween.

#9995 4 years ago

By the way, someone understands the discrepancy between post count on the Pinside forum page (9944) and post number (9994)?

9944.png

#9996 4 years ago

Robin explained it a few months back. Basically when posts are deleted, the post count reflects this but not the post numbers themselves. So really we have more to go than just half a dozen.

#9997 4 years ago

10K by.........today, apparently!

Later,
EV

#9998 4 years ago

You guys are trying to get to 10,000 posts? That's really sad. Don't you have anything else to do?

#10000 4 years ago

predator.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 254.99
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
$ 96.77
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball-Mods.com
$ 125.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Little Shop Of Games
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 189.99
$ 85.00
$ 9.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 55.00
Lighting - Interactive
Rock Custom Pinball
Rubber/Silicone
Scandinavian Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 499.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
There are 18299 posts in this topic. You are on page 200 of 366.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside