Topic Stats

• 18,272 posts
  • 815 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,540 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
194b3475e0440b8112afc0ac4ad5bf0ed0e8ec3db63fb4b6748a4f2e06a9865b (resized).jpg
31A053C2-4495-4E3E-980F-E5ADEA02F1DE (resized).jpeg
IMG_2933 (resized).JPG
beetlejuice-shrunken head (resized).jpg
2716720260_bc8966f6b1 (resized).jpg
D460F55E-AD42-43C6-91EB-B8162A84A094.gif
Screenshot_20190103-214734_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20181108-174321 (resized).png
Fife Appeal Sept 24 2018.pdf (PDF preview)
cat ooo 2.gif
7332539.attach (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

86 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 18272 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 366.
#951 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

"Dino Ridin' DD Beach Babes VS The Nazi Zombie Army of Doom"

We kind of miss the Ben Heck's Zombies from the good old BHZA days... so what about
Dino Ridin' DD Beach Babes VS Ben Heck's Zombie Army of Doom ?

Post edited by jlm33: hopefully no one will mind the "Nazi" to BH change !

#952 4 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

We kind of miss the Ben Heck's Zombies from the good old BHZA days... so what about
Dino Ridin' DD Beach Babes VS Ben Heck's Zombie Army of Doom ?
Post edited by jlm33: hopefully no one will mind the "Nazi" to BH change !

10/10 would pre-order and wait 3 years.

#953 4 years ago

This whole idea sounds good on paper until the part where a buyer has to convince his wife to get a game featuring giant boobs AND Nazi symbolism

#954 4 years ago

And on location it might be a tet offensive to some.

#955 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

This whole idea sounds good on paper until the part where a buyer has to convince his wife to get a game featuring giant boobs AND Nazi symbolism

Maybe include an LOTR LE style hidden cock on the translite to even things up?

#956 4 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

Different war... er, 'conflict'.

#957 4 years ago

Edit: can't rag someone that lives great scotch ...

#958 4 years ago

I think a Castle Wolfenstein pin would something special, Killing Nazi's, maybe Nazi Zombie mode, tons of possibilities.

#959 4 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Have to agree. In on a few titles but glad to wrap that up and just stay away from now on.

Come on Dave. We've heard this from you a million times. Nobody is buying it anymore!

You were in on TBL, then you were out, then you were back in. You were in on Full Throttle, then you were out, then you were back in. Can't keep track of all of them...were you in and out on Alien too? MMr?

But I'm sure it will be different *this* time!

#960 4 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

I like your post a lot, and agree with nearly all of it: except this part. "It only affects me" is just not true.
Lets be clear, the games are going to be made and shipped as promised: eventually. So... that really is (likely) the end of the story save for some grumbling about time delays...
But if it's not...
It wont be "just you" that it affects. 250 people don't get hurt here... an entire industry does. Even now, already without too much real reason, its widely considered on pinside that the "pay first, get the game later" model is dead or near death. Anything going wrong with Predator will not only kill it with authority, but it will kill similar used business methods by other manufactures.
No one... no one... will ever be able to pre-fund an idea on pinside and make a machine 12-36 months later... even if the theme is DD beach babes VS zombie nazi's on dinosaurs. The success or failure of this project... even the part before the success and failure... (like the emails, communication, refund requests, photos given, timelines etc) are all affecting downsteam the willingness of any pinhead to support any idea up front. Its true.
Should skit-b fail for some reason... they don't just hurt 250 pinheads... they kill the entire business model for everyone. No Wrath of Olympus, no time-shock!, no Alien Pinball, and many more...
Thankfully... the odds of this happening are pretty low. Skit-B will eventually put our Predator, and there will be much rejoicing and happiness. That's a good thing.
That is the reason that "non owners" are interested in this thread and have a valid reason to have some concern. We may not be in the "direct blast zone" like the 250, but we are certainly in the "radioactive contamination zone" that the blast would create. And by "we" I mean "every one of us".
So lets hope that no-one drops the bomb.

Not true. Half life had it correct. The damage from SkitB bailing will only be localized to us payers.

The preorder model was bashed to death by Stern's learning curve, TBL and the 'who's money is it anyway?'
MMR with delays and btw, no coin mechs, no refunds policy switches...

Sterns learning curve...( so important it had to be said twice).

#961 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

The preorder model was bashed to death by Stern's learning curve...
Sterns learning curve...( so important it had to be said twice).

Did I miss something? When did Stern do anything regarding pre-ordering?

#962 4 years ago

Yeah I can't say much so far . In on everything!Bring on the games!!

#963 4 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Did I miss something? When did Stern do anything regarding pre-ordering?

They said they do not take or condone preorders. In a nut shell if a distributor takes your preorder $ and you don't get the machine you have to take it up with the distributor Stern will not be liable.

#964 4 years ago

Preorder with a distributor. Say you want an LE. Tron. You order with distro, get pin, btw, has single coin mech. Don't like it? Too bad.

Say you want TWD. Get it, as it's the LE or Pro. Told point blank no premiums, ever. Then bam! Month later preemies being built. THAT preorder model.

#965 4 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

ddbbvsznod.jpg 330 KB

Battle of the Bulge?

#966 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Told point blank no premiums, ever.

Who said that? I don't recall Stern saying that. My memory was "we'll see if there's demand". But if you can point to where they said that I'll admit I'm remembering wrong.

The irony is that while I get some people buying LEs and then being upset they could have gotten a cheaper Premium instead, there might not have been a Premium if all those LEs hadn't sold.

#967 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

there might not have been a Premium if all those LEs hadn't sold

Exactly.

#968 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I don't know.....still sounds pretty damn good to us!

You have to draw a whole bunch of $$$ signs when you show her the concept

#969 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Preorder with a distributor. Say you want an LE. Tron. You order with distro, get pin, btw, has single coin mech. Don't like it? Too bad.

This is not a pre-order model.

Say you want TWD. Get it, as it's the LE or Pro. Told point blank no premiums, ever. Then bam! Month later preemies being built. THAT preorder model.

Nor is this.

In both cases, you order and then you receive. The unhappy/unsatisfied components are examples of the "buy before you try" mentality, but that is not the same as "buy 1-5 years before delivery" in a pre-order model.

Not that I care all that much. Just don't see how Stern factors into killing pre-orders. As far as I'm concerned, the concept was pioneered by JJP (and executed slowly but ultimately successfully I suppose?), and is being killed by SkitB, DP, and JPop for most folks.

#970 4 years ago

As far as I'm concerned, the concept was pioneered by JJP (and executed slowly but ultimately successfully I suppose?), and is being killed by SkitB, DP, and JPop for most folks.

In all fairness here JJP helped kill it as well with the near 4 year wait for some.

#971 4 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

In all fairness here JJP helped kill it as well with the near 4 year wait for some.

IMO, absolutely... I didn't want to start a JJP thread though, and ultimately pre-orders persisted well after that debacle...

#972 4 years ago

and ultimately pre-orders persisted well after that debacle...

May of continued after but they have contributed as much as any other party to my current stance (and I imagine others) of not preordering. I get what your saying though.

#973 4 years ago

I would say this thread needs more boobs, but that seems to be covered

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#975 4 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

May of continued after but they have contributed as much as any other party to my current stance (and I imagine others) of not preordering. I get what your saying though.

Actually to be fair, we have no confirmation pre-ordering is yet dead... we just have a lot of people claiming they won't do it anymore... but there are still companies surviving on pre-orders right this moment. After (if) they deliver, who knows who will bite the hook again.

Just like buying unfinished code machines... no one does that anymore right?

#976 4 years ago

When your grail pin becomes available, you will pre-order....

#977 4 years ago

What fiend would tilt a photo of Scarlett Johanson, the only actress under 30 who actually eats sandwiches?

#978 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

What fiend would tilt a photo of Scarlett Johanson, the only actress under 30 who actually eats sandwiches?

I did, because my boss sits behind me, and reading about pinball is fine. Scrolling past a semi-nude - even if nothing is showing - is not.

#979 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Just saw her in "Under the skin"

jaw-droppingly hot....
under-the-skin.png

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#981 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

better?

hottie.jpg 50 KB

No, but at least my boss won't get mad at me for seeing that scroll by my screen.

..He may wonder... but he won't be mad.

(And yes, I like Scarlett Johanson sammiches..)

#983 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Isn't that Kate Upton?

#984 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Isn't that Kate Upton?

It is.

#985 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Just saw her in "Under the skin"
jaw-droppingly hot....

for some reason, I now think of her as a strange soulless alien invader now. weird friggin movie man, just weird

#986 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I would say this thread needs more boobs, but that seems to be covered

Thanks for igniting another round of adolescent boys' club nonsense.

#987 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

That's not a Stern preorder model.

That's your distributors preorder model.

#988 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

...as opposed to the "Usual" nonsense...

#989 4 years ago

Which moran is tilting those lovely ladies all over the forum????

This is a Dutch forum, ladies allowed!

#990 4 years ago

Which moran is tilting those lovely ladies all over the forum????

Tilting is actually useful. This is not a thumb down nor a moral judgment - just a way to warn people there is "sensitive content" within the message.

You might actually appreciate it when consulting Pinside in a public place
(I could not care less and my tilt settings are liberal... but others are entitled to have a different opinion)

#991 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

for some reason, I now think of her as a strange soulless alien invader now. weird friggin movie man, just weird

There was a movie after that scene?

Hmmm, Ill have to go back and review it.

I recall very little outside the first scene where she stripped the chick and redresses herself...

#992 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

That's Kate Upton Come on man.

The real Scarlett image-896.jpg

#993 4 years ago

Extra credit of you can name all three.
image-905.jpg

#994 4 years ago

The only boobs in Predator
image-554.jpg

#995 4 years ago

arnold_pects_flex.gif
#997 4 years ago

Actually to be fair, we have no confirmation pre-ordering is yet dead... we just have a lot of people claiming they won't do it anymore... but there are still companies surviving on pre-orders right this moment. After (if) they deliver, who knows who will bite the hook again.
Just like buying unfinished code machines... no one does that anymore right?

Agreed.

I will happily pre-order a machine if they make it worth my while in perks (discounted price, LE, extras, etc..), it's a theme I like, made by a company I believe will get the job done and refunds are given if I don't like the way the machine is turning out. Also, I like getting a price locked in early.

Worked out great for WOZ at $6500. I expect going in that it will take much longer than the manufacturer anticipates, especially if it's their first machine. How long it takes doesn't matter too much to me other than the longer it takes, the more resources are used up, increasing the risk that there aren't enough left to get the machines finished.

I also know going in that I might lose any money deposited entirely if the company folds.

#998 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

as if the talk about zombie big booby dinosaur riding hot pin-up chicks in space killing hitler teletubbies with hipster mustaches did not already take it there...

#999 4 years ago

Actually to be fair, we have no confirmation pre-ordering is yet dead...

Well, Wooly failed from the standpoint of not getting sufficient pre-orders to make the project a go. You can argue whether that was due to demand for the game and/or theme or a death to pre-ordering, but certainly a game that was pretty well received and complete and ready to go, that has failed. I know of at least one other project that was halted due to concerns over pre-ordering.

It is clear from this board, few if any are interested in pre-ordering EOD, and no doubt we have seen more and more folks take a wait and see with machines like TH, TBL, etc.

Maybe pre-order is not dead, but at least for boutique firms, it is certainly on it is deathbed. Maybe we will see that turn around down the road, but I would not bet on it.

#1000 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Well, Wooly failed from the standpoint of not getting sufficient pre-orders to make the project a go. You can argue whether that was due to demand for the game and/or theme or a death to pre-ordering, but certainly a game that was pretty well received and complete and ready to go, that has failed. I know of at least one other project that was halted due to concerns over pre-ordering.
It is clear from this board, few if any are interested in pre-ordering EOD, and no doubt we have seen more and more folks take a wait and see with machines like TH, TBL, etc.
Maybe pre-order is not dead, but at least for boutique firms, it is certainly on it is deathbed. Maybe we will see that turn around down the road, but I would not bet on it.

WOOLY was too expensive.

EoD has terrible art and is a theme no one cares about. And is from a company that's still struggling to ship even a single game more than a year after declaring they were done.

Maybe pre-order is dead. But I wouldn't use those two games as definitive proof. Theme, art, price, those things all matter.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
$ 6.00
Electronics
German-Pinball-Modular
$ 400.00
Boards
Great American Pinball
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 5.00
$ 199.99
$ 49.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
There are 18272 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 366.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside