Clevon (resized).jpg
0C707122-51D1-4488-8B69-8C91DA48018D.jpeg
72329539_10219705910182373_6362298985876553728_n (resized).jpg
pirateplayersclub (resized).jpg
case against keith.pdf (PDF preview)
_2_16-21030.pdf (PDF preview)
Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

87 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,488 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 370.
#51 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

The moderators had a meeting and requested you stop eating so much.

You're a better person than this, Corey.

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

So, if I want information, I go to the locked thread. If I want to discuss SkitB-Predator I come here.
Got it.

... or wait until a mod creates another Predator thread.

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

This guy gives him a run for his money (language very NSFW, but if you have never seen this video, it is classic)
» YouTube video

Sorry to be OT, but if you love that clip of the Winnebago Man, you need to see the documentary. This filmaker goes on a quest to find this guy & tell his story. Great movie!

http://winnebagoman.com/about

#54 9 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Sorry to be OT, but if you love that clip of the Winnebago Man, you need to see the documentary. This filmaker goes on a quest to find this guy & tell his story. Great movie!
http://winnebagoman.com/about

It's been in my list to watch for years, maybe I will finally do that this weekend.

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

It's been in my list to watch for years, maybe I will finally do that this weekend.

Great flick, Steve.

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

Direct attacks on other pinsiders will not be allowed.

What kind of &%^$#@ is that? &^*&(*!!!

#57 9 years ago

Ok, did some digging around the idea that the timing of release of the pin may (and I do mean may) coincide with a release of another Predator movie as someone suggested. Here's what I found:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/fox-rebooting-predator-shane-black-714598

http://collider.com/predator-reboot-sequel-shane-black/

Does it really mean anything? Who knows, just thought it was interesting.

#58 9 years ago

image-316.jpgimage-316.jpg

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

Yeah, thanks for moving the discussion to a classroom across the hallway.
This will be much better.

LOL. My feelings exactly...

#60 9 years ago

Oldie but a goodie:

#t=379

#61 9 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

This is exactly the kind of post that is not acceptable.
Direct attacks on other pinsiders will not be allowed.
Marcus

Hm, you might want to grow a little thicker skin, just sayin'..

#62 9 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

Hm, you might want to grow a little thicker skin, just sayin'..

You might want to learn to follow the house rules when playing in someone else's sandbox.

#63 9 years ago

So is there a expected date for the first round of games to begin shipping? Before the end of 2014?

#64 9 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

So is there a expected date for the first round of games to begin shipping? Before the end of 2014?

Yes.

#65 9 years ago

Awesome!

How many do we think will get out before the end of the year? 20? 25?

#66 9 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Awesome!
How many do we think will get out before the end of the year? 20? 25?

Im gonna go out on a limb and guess 10, once they get rolling though it will maybe double per month. If not its all good as long as they keep cranking them out.

#67 9 years ago

Just a guess that at least the first batch of 10 will be in homes this year. Unsure how quick they can even build them but will likely take time to get a good production process down.

My best guess is that after the first batch goes out there will be feedback and tweaks with production, then I would bet things smooth out over time (similar to what we have seen with other new game makers).

#68 9 years ago

Whysnow only you could get a thumbs down for posting yes lol.

#69 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Just a guess that at least the first batch of 10 will be in homes this year. Unsure how quick they can even build them but will likely take time to get a good production process down.
My best guess is that after the first batch goes out there will be feedback and tweaks with production, then I would bet things smooth out over time (similar to what we have seen with other new game makers).

I have heard that Williams and Bally would make 10-15 "Sample Games" to put in the wild before major production to try and control quality and get feedback. Do you think they will do this with Predator? Build 10-15 samples? Or are games 1-10 the first samples beyond the demo machine?

#70 9 years ago

This is funny. Just moved the fight to a new home.

#71 9 years ago

Im hoping we see one game at least shipped this month.

#72 9 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

I have heard that Williams and Bally would make 10-15 "Sample Games" to put in the wild before major production to try and control quality and get feedback. Do you think they will do this with Predator? Build 10-15 samples? Or are games 1-10 the first samples beyond the demo machine?

Pretty sure the first batch going out is all the hard core fans and most will be understanding that they are getting a fine tuned and polished game but with any completely new product, once in homes and getting tons of play there will likely be feedback for improvement.

Similar to what has been seen with both WOZ and AMH.

#73 9 years ago

Thats pretty cool. So customers 1-20 basically understand that they are helping to fine tune the product as well.

#74 9 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Im gonna go out on a limb and guess 10, once they get rolling though it will maybe double per month. If not its all good as long as they keep cranking them out.

Who is making them?

I think Ben Heck said that Spooky was able to make 2 AMH's per week. I wonder if Skit-B could do that many? Are they planning on shipping them as soon as the first ones are made? Or will they wait until they have a batch of 10 or so before shipping any of them?

#75 9 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Thats pretty cool. So customers 1-20 basically understand that they are helping to fine tune the product as well.

NO, I did not say that at all! Why do you always try and stir up a bunch of bullshit and infer things that are not the truth?

I am expecting a perfect game (and would guess everyone else is also), but I also am very realistic that I am getting an early number on a very limited game being produced by a first time pinball manufacturer. Just like EVERY game I buy, when I get it home I make adjustments to make it better.

I am also going to share my feedback with anything I observe on my own game in hopes to make it better for others further down the line.

#76 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

NO, I did not say that at all! Why do you always try and stir up a bunch of bullshit and infer things that are not the truth?

Down Simba! That was not my angle here. There is no angle. If I wanted to stir up bullshit I have more than enough information to do that. Thats not my agenda. I dont want to stir up anything. Just wanna have some fun talk about Predator. Thats it.

Quoted from Whysnow:

Pretty sure the first batch going out is all the hard core fans and most will be understanding....

Quoted from Whysnow:

My best guess is that after the first batch goes out there will be feedback and tweaks with production...

I inferred this from your two posts that the first batch will go out to hard core fans who will be understanding and provide feedback and tweaks to Skit-B in lieu of them making sample games.

#77 9 years ago

no sample games.

Production game with hopefully realistic owners that have reasonable expectations and a desire to make things better if they are able to do so.

#78 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

no sample games.
Production game with hopefully realistic owners that have reasonable expectations and a desire to make things better if they are able to do so.

Absolutely. Thats totally reasonable under the circumstances. Making 15 sample games for a run of 3000+... thats normal. Making 15 for a run of 250... a little odd.

#79 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Why do you always try and stir up a bunch of bullshit and infer things that are not the truth?

Please remember this the next time you post in an MMR thread.

#80 9 years ago

Their email said games start shipping in fall at around 10/week ramping up to as many as they can do/week.

#81 9 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Their email said games start shipping in fall at around 10/week ramping up to as many as they can do/week.

Which email, and when was it sent?

#82 9 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Which email, and when was it sent?

Email Dated 09/05/2014
Skit-B Pinball Manufacturing Projections

"Now that we have major shipments of parts coming in, our build schedule has become much clearer. Games will be starting to go out this fall, as planned, after which we project we will be able to move about 40 units per month when we hit our stride. Using these projections, we can get a relative gauge on when any single game is scheduled to ship out, based on the production order number listed above. Of course, there will be more on this as we get deeper into the production process."

#83 9 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Email Dated 09/05/2014
Skit-B Pinball Manufacturing Projections
"Now that we have major shipments of parts coming in, our build schedule has become much clearer. Games will be starting to go out this fall, as planned, after which we project we will be able to move about 40 units per month when we hit our stride. Using these projections, we can get a relative gauge on when any single game is scheduled to ship out, based on the production order number listed above. Of course, there will be more on this as we get deeper into the production process."

Cool. Two months to the day tomorrow. November is pretty well into the fall, no? That means anyday now. Whysnow may just win the bets afterall!

#84 9 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Down Simba!

I don't know what the hell this even means but I take it as a personal attack. You may want to go back and read the rest of the TOS you quoted before.

#85 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I don't know what the hell this even means but I take it as a personal attack. You may want to go back and read the rest of the TOS you quoted before.

You are funny.

Down Simba is a expression used when you believe someone is over-reacting. Rest assured, I don't actually mean to infer that you are an animated lion cub from a Disney movie.

Unlike you, I've never been thread banned before.

#86 9 years ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

Ok, did some digging around the idea that the timing of release of the pin may (and I do mean may) coincide with a release of another Predator movie as someone suggested. Here's what I found:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/fox-rebooting-predator-shane-black-714598
http://collider.com/predator-reboot-sequel-shane-black/
Does it really mean anything? Who knows, just thought it was interesting.

Yep, Fox does not want any original Predator movie licenses detracting or causing confusion from the new movie. So that's why skit-B removed the pictures and videos.

#87 9 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

You are funny.
Down Simba is a expression used when you believe someone is over-reacting.

It's also pinball related, as it's a quote in Cirqus Voltaire.

#88 9 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

It's also pinball related, as it's a quote in Cirqus Voltaire.

Oh yeah!!! You are right!! #jpoprefrence

#89 9 years ago

Anyone with a full deposit been able to get a refund yet? A few of us have had our refund 'processing' for a while now. I assume they are getting waitlisters to pay.

#90 9 years ago
Quoted from dmilo:

Yep, Fox does not want any original Predator movie licenses detracting or causing confusion from the new movie. So that's why skit-B removed the pictures and videos.

That could be absolutely awesome if it's true. Seriously awesome.

However, a variety of licensed products remain published and documented by their creators across the internet based on the original movie. It would seem that if such a disruption existed, it would apply to all license holders and not just skit-b, no? In that case we would see a total scrubbing of predator related items online and this does not seem to be the case. Only the pinball machine has gone missing.

Regardless, it's a awesome theory and a very positive one.

#91 9 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Cool. Two months to the day tomorrow. November is pretty well into the fall, no? That means anyday now.

Quoted from Jared:

That could be absolutely awesome if it's true.

I'll give you that: you are a very subtle Troll, but a Troll nonetheless...

#92 9 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

I'll give you that: you are a very subtle Troll, but a Troll nonetheless...

I guess I appreciate the compliment, but I don't mean to be a troll whatsoever. It really would be awesome, and it really is fall, and it really would be cool to see games shipping any day now. Nothing will end this "speculation" faster than shipped games, and that's good for pinball. So I am rooting for skit-b to continue on as planned and ship some games "in the fall" as they communicated. That would be awesome.

#93 9 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

You are funny.
Down Simba is a expression used when you believe someone is over-reacting. Rest assured, I don't actually mean to infer that you are an animated lion cub from a Disney movie.
Unlike you, I've never been thread banned before.

Glad to see that if we define our personal attacks then they are just fine by your interpretation of the TOS.

#94 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Glad to see that if we define our personal attacks then they are just fine by your interpretation of the TOS.

See here is the difference.

The mods define what is a personal attack. Not either of us.

And based on that, you (and others) have been removed from threads entirely. You really have broken the rules before... You have a record... A wrap sheet... A file. You're a documented offender.

I've never been thread banned even once.

Even now there is a moderator dashboard where there small band of 12 volunteers to run the ship, and there is a little note about this very thread I'm sure. I'm willing to bet that 12 out of 12 mods agree that "down Simba" is not a personal attack, despite you claiming the contrary to attempt to allicit a response from them.

If it's all the same to you, let's talk about the game as the OP intended.

Post edited by moderator: 24 hour eject for the rap sheet...a File...Documented. Please don't troll.

#95 9 years ago

Wasn't there a pod cast interview with Kevin talking about how he got the license from fox? Does anyone remember what Kevin said regarding how he got the license in the first place during a pinball convention? I thought this was stated a while back?

#96 9 years ago

Jared,
So what exactly are you doing in this thread? You obviously thus far are just trying to ask baited questions and then twisting around everything you possibly can. My best guess is that you are looking for more info that you then think you can pass on to Fox on the downlow to try and stir up things?

If we are going to define fun words then here are a few.

Attention whoring is an expression used when you believe someone craves attention so badly that they interject themselves into everything and do anything (good or bad) to recieve that attention.

Troll is an expression used when you believe someone is deliberately provocative in a forum with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument

Words Related to troll
trolling

•annoying
•idiot
•a$$hole
•ugly
•fail
•loser

*in no way am I using these words as a personal attack. Merely defining them in case others wanted to know the urban definitions of them in case you want to use them in the future.

#97 9 years ago
Quoted from dmilo:

There is a shit ton of original Predator stuff available for sale all over the internet. I don't think this was ever given as an explanation, someone came up with this on their own, the problem is Kevin has given no explanation at all, but he did say everything is fine.

#98 9 years ago

Post edited

Post edited by moderator: Used a handle for another poster as a verb

#99 9 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Wasn't there a pod cast interview with Kevin talking about how he got the license from fox?

There was. From what I remembered, he mentioned there was a phone number at the back of the Predator DVD box... he simply called that number. (I am not making this up, right?)

#100 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Jared,
So what exactly are you doing in this thread? You obviously thus far are just trying to ask baited questions and then twisting around everything you possibly can. My best guess is that you are looking for more info that you then think you can pass on to Fox on the downlow to try and stir up things?
If we are going to define fun words then here are a few.
Attention whoring is an expression used when you believe someone craves attention so badly that they interject themselves into everything and do anything (good or bad) to recieve that attention.
Troll is an expression used when you believe someone is deliberately provocative in a forum with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument
Words Related to troll
trolling
•annoying
•idiot
•asshole
•ugly
•fail
•loser
*in no way am I using these words as a personal attack. Merely defining them in case others wanted to know the urban definitions of them in case you want to use them in the future.

I have no intent to cause maximum disruption. In fact, I was trying to steer the thread back on track and find some positives to discuss.

I've never in my life heard a troll defined as "ugly", what is your source of that definition?

Let's talk about predator, as the OP intended.

When do you guys think the first games will ship?

There are 18,488 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 370.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-skit-b-predator-discussion/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.