Topic Stats

• 18,272 posts
  • 815 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,540 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
194b3475e0440b8112afc0ac4ad5bf0ed0e8ec3db63fb4b6748a4f2e06a9865b (resized).jpg
31A053C2-4495-4E3E-980F-E5ADEA02F1DE (resized).jpeg
IMG_2933 (resized).JPG
beetlejuice-shrunken head (resized).jpg
2716720260_bc8966f6b1 (resized).jpg
D460F55E-AD42-43C6-91EB-B8162A84A094.gif
Screenshot_20190103-214734_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20181108-174321 (resized).png
Fife Appeal Sept 24 2018.pdf (PDF preview)
cat ooo 2.gif
7332539.attach (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

86 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 18272 posts in this topic. You are on page 198 of 366.
#9851 3 years ago

Will all due respect to those immersed in this quagmire, Trekie is not asking any of the Plantiffs to disclose their legal strategy. Public court and records thereof (available to anybody w/ internet access) is not a venue that suggests secrecy. It took me 5 minutes to see the names of all the Plantiffs, the names of the multiple defendants named in the lawsuits, the motions filed by both parties, and the pending court dates. If I wanted to spend a few bucks (I don't) I could obtain copies of every piece of paper filed in connection with these lawsuits. I'm not living it, and I know it sucks for those that are and I feel for that, but I don't think Trekie crossed any line. Just MHO.

#9852 3 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

Look I don't know who you are or why you are here - but you damn sure can't come on here and call LTG a liar. He is one of the most respected names in the hobby and has probably played pinball while you were in diapers.
And - just because your morality allows you to participate in shady/illegal dealings don't assume anyone else is that way. Most people would not receive stolen/potentially subject to lawsuit goods under any circumstances let alone pay for them. You would though, huh?

I have the right to not believe someone. Yes LTG is a great guy. All you are doing is trying to start fight with me. Get real. You are a waste of time.

#9853 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballKen:

Warbound made LTG not put a trademarked smiley at the end of his post! Not a good sign.

He would have taken it for $10. If for any reason to sell it on C.L. and then split the proceeds to victims..or maybe pay Keith a bone. Jeesh, everyone here would have bought it...for the right price. Soooooo, Pincili did nothing that we would not have done. To many drama queens in Predator threads...always has been. If you have a different opinion than the majority here, you get pounded. Then banned if a mod wants to at any time. Shame. Example. So I "thumbs down" a post in this thread! So what! It is a Punside feature for all to use, for whatever reason they wish! It took about 1 hour before I got called out and pounded for doing a thumbs feature. Drama queens looking for fights. It is sad that Predator threads are always like this...always!

#9854 3 years ago

I dont think any line was crossed either; just a reminder that best practice is to not discuss ongoing matters. There is no positive from discussing. If anyone wants to know what is going on then I suggest they go look in the public records. After the courts run through the process then it will all unfold in due time.

#9855 3 years ago

edit*** I can't speak for anyone but myself...

#9856 3 years ago

It is disrespectful to speak as to other people's motivations. Ltg may not have taken it, but if it was like $800, I would. I like playing pinball. Then I'd find someone like Whysnow, ask him to pay it forward, enjoy the game and pass it along to another victim.

#9857 3 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

Then I'd find someone like Whysnow, ask him to pay it forward, enjoy the game and pass it along to another victim

I appreciate it, but I would burn that fucking game to the ground and piss all over it

Actually I would definately buy it and then woudl take it to expo and run a booth where for $5 you get to whack the game with a sledgehammer. All proceeds go to charity. A good way to take something bad and make it into something good.

#9858 3 years ago
Quoted from Warbound:

Soooooo, Pincili did nothing that we would not have done.

stop speaking for everyone else. GET IT.?

#9859 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I appreciate it, but I would burn that fucking game to the ground and piss all over it
Actually I would definately buy it and then woudl take it to expo and run a booth where for $5 you get to whack the game with a sledgehammer. All proceeds go to charity. A good way to take something bad and make it into something good.

How is that better / more constructive than letting buyers get a chance to actually play the game?

Heck, charge $5 a play and put the proceeds towards the victims or the legal fund.

Let's hit stuff with a hammer... Geez.

#9860 3 years ago

I wouldn't take this game if it was given to me for free and delivered to my house. Unless your looking to add drama to your life and insulting this community with its possession, it's toxic at this point. There may however be merit to some who would take it and use it to help those that lost money. Other than, I for one would pass.

#9861 3 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Unless your looking to add drama to your life and insulting this community with its possession

You'd also have to be sure to take photos of it, post it on the internet (most likely to brag about it), and then have your alt fight your battles * allegedly *

#9862 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

It's not a crime to buy a counterfeit good or knockoff.. but it is illegal to produce or traffic them.

I didn't believe you - and learned something new today... I'm surprised that it isn't illegal to buy counterfeit goods seeing how the consumer is enabling an illegal activity...

"In the U.S., federal law protecting trademarks makes it illegal to knowingly traffic counterfeit goods, which includes the production, sale and transport of such goods. The U.S. Department of Justice, however, has stated that federal law doesn’t prohibit an individual from buying a counterfeit product for personal use, even if they do so knowingly.

The maximum penalty for first-time offenders trafficking in counterfeit goods is 10 years in prison and a $2 million fine. For second-time offenders, the penalty is 20 years and a $5 million fine. In addition, if a corporation traffics in counterfeit goods, it can be subject to a fine of $15 million."

#9863 3 years ago

I wish, like someone posted, that whoever has a Predator that they would take high-res images of the playfield and dowload the roms so someone can make a virtual version. Who did the playfield art btw? I never saw any real good pics of it but kind of liked it in a 90s Williams sort of way.

#9864 3 years ago
Quoted from Warbound:

All you are doing is trying to start fight with me. Get real. You are a waste of time.

Quoted from Warbound:

To many drama queens

Quoted from Warbound:

Drama queens looking for fights

I've seen you in other threads with this same attitude and I've had a run in with you myself. How about being more respectful and stop with the name calling.

I hope you understand the irony of you labeling others as drama queens.

#9865 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I wish, like someone posted, that whoever has a Predator that they would take high-res images of the playfield and dowload the roms so someone can make a virtual version. Who did the playfield art btw? I never saw any real good pics of it but kind of liked it in a 90s Williams sort of way.

James Dubay started the artwork and was responsible for I'd say 99% of it's layout, composition, and initial inks and colors. Another artist took over to finish the project.

#9866 3 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Another artist took over to finish the project

Must be a tattoo guy, huh?

#9867 3 years ago
Quoted from Warbound:

He would have taken it for $10.

Is there any part of "I wouldn't" that you don't understand.

You don't know me. And you certainly have no idea what I would or wouldn't do.

I don't buy anything out of vehicles in parking lots. And I don't buy games that have questionable histories. Nor would I take them cheap or free.

You may have no conscience or morals. I do.

Lloyd

#9868 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I don't buy anything out of vehicles in parking lots. And I don't buy games that have questionable histories. Nor would I take them cheap or free.
Lloyd

Odd how people who engage in amoral behavior attempt to justify it by claiming that it is common or that "everybody does it". Regardless of how many people do a thing, it is either right or wrong. Period. You are not alone Lloyd.

#9869 3 years ago

He's Warbound for my ignore list. See ya!

#9870 3 years ago
Quoted from Warbound:

He would have taken it for $10. If for any reason to sell it on C.L. and then split the proceeds to victims..or maybe pay Keith a bone. Jeesh, everyone here would have bought it...for the right price. Soooooo, Pincili did nothing that we would not have done. To many drama queens in Predator threads...always has been. If you have a different opinion than the majority here, you get pounded. Then banned if a mod wants to at any time. Shame. Example. So I "thumbs down" a post in this thread! So what! It is a Punside feature for all to use, for whatever reason they wish! It took about 1 hour before I got called out and pounded for doing a thumbs feature. Drama queens looking for fights. It is sad that Predator threads are always like this...always!

This post, and others in this thread, have Pinchili's (aka Craz4Pin aka PinRebel aka ...) name all over it.

Messages_Image1168649244.png

#9871 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

This post, and others in this thread, have Pinchili's (aka Craz4Pin aka PinRebel aka ...) name all over it.

Messages_Image1168649244.png

I see what you did there.

#9872 3 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

I see what you did there.

WITH ALL DUE CREDIT!

#9873 3 years ago

Someone get Loreta on the phone and get this sorted out

#9874 3 years ago

Warbound doesn't list a location, but he listed a pin for sale in Michigan. Doesn't PinChili live in Michigan?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/31-pinballs-for-sale-in-brighton-michigan-new-prices-new-game/page/2#post-2461725

Edit:

And Warbound talks about his Judge Dredd in this post. JD is also listed as being owned by PinChili in his profile

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-judge-dredd-bally-1993-1997#post-2464145

#9875 3 years ago

Can someone from the site please run an IP check (serious) on these three? It's like a growing mystery and it's getting annoying at this point.

#9876 3 years ago

White van speaker scam is old as Dirt. Most don't have bricks. Most work but the absolute cheapest junk they can get. Speakers receivers video projectors watches anything really. They makeup up fake magazines with fake reviews fake fair retail values fake invoices for amounts they paid.
I almost fell for it, I was 16-18years old.
Almost is the key word.

#9877 3 years ago

Some people on this thread be like

Tin_foil_hat_2.png

#9878 3 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Some people on this thread be like

Old?

#9879 3 years ago

They are all Kevin......cue twilight zone music....

#9880 3 years ago

Kevin....you gave my money back (250$) - I bailed when I realized the game sucked. Don't be an ass!!! Do what is right!! Save face!!! Jesus, you are screwed for the rest of your life! It's not worth it!!!!!
Go Keith!

#9881 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I don't really care if you believe it or not.
I don't buy stuff in parking lots. You know it's a scam of some kind going in.
Now what I do do is take out pencil and paper and write down make and model of vehicle and license plate. That usually ends things quick.
And to further this, if offered the game free, cheap, or expensive. Knowing what has all gone on with it's history. I wouldn't touch it at all. Parking lot, at someone's house, or in my business.
Lloyd

Quoted from LTG:

Lloyd

Man you know Lloyd is pissed or focused when there's no ": )" at the end of his post o_o....twice ...!!

#9882 3 years ago

Lmao no, conspiracy theorists (tin foil hats)
I'm not saying they are wrong per say, I would just like some proof. Thinking everyone with a differing opinion is Kevin or pinchili.

Honestly I don't think warbound is either of those guys, I just think he holds an unpopular opinion. I could maybe buy into the pinrebel theory, especially since we haven't heard from him in a while after people started calling him out, but I'll reserve my judgement until I get some proof

#9883 3 years ago

So what is the real story with pinchili? He purchased so that means Kevin sold it and now profited from unauthorized, un licensed deal. That doesn't seem very smart on either side. Pawn shops lose out all the time with stolen goods. Well no matter what you say or how you distance yourself I don't think will mattet. Try to sell it and you could be in trouble. Kevin has proven to disobey a cease and desist order. I am at a loss.
Does pinchili think this was wise? You going to show it off at expo or something?? Or are you afraid someday soon you will get a summons to appear in court and have to forfeit the machine. Did he give you a good deal?? Extended warranty?

These two topics just keep getting wilder.

#9884 3 years ago

It just feels like the right time to let this rip. A second predator proto has been rumored now to be in private hands. Interesting to note - both were sold to pinsiders first. Both of those guys now have real FBI style causes of action. Then they were resold internationally - IMHO to screw over the original buyers even more, making it harder to go get the actual POS machines (like anyone would want them now). So there is one set of legitimate buyers of the protos with receipts that paid in full and bought over a year ago, maybe longer for at least one guy.

The goal of the thieves is to hold the machines until they can be resold for what is speculated by them to be huge profits. The protos don't play any more is the rumor (broken down can't fix, Kulek won't help). Kevin selling those to the two international thieves is actually helping the case - so I guess thanks ?

The reactions to the victims , the speculating over their loss with gleeful hearts and no remorse - it sucks. There are some real jerk wads on this forum for sure. Heartless.

#9886 3 years ago

So the guys who bought and sold the 2 prototype machines and Kevin have committed a crime in trafficking ?

#9887 3 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

illegal to knowingly traffic counterfeit goods, which includes the production, sale and transport of such goods.

Quoted from CNKay:

Kevin sold it and now profited from unauthorized, un licensed deal.

Quoted from rommy:

Kevin selling those to the two international thieves

Sounds like the seller is in deep doodoo.
Buyer beware, but seller go to jail
go directly to jail
do not pass GO
do not collect $200,000

#9888 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekie:

So the guys who bought and sold the 2 prototype machines and Kevin have committed a crime in trafficking ?

There would be a distinct possibility in that.. if authorities were interested in pursuing. More than likely they'd use that as leverage to get what they wanted from the people involved.

#9889 3 years ago

So it would be in Kevin's best interest to give the money back and get out of the lime light?

#9890 3 years ago

(delet)

#9891 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekie:

So it would be in Kevin's best interest to give the money back and get out of the lime light?

The money left probably isn't enough to make anyone happy. Kevin is probably using it to make cash purchases of arcade equipment so he can have untraceable, untaxable and ungarnishable income.

#9892 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekie:

The money is gone/mostly gone and he has no other income (didn't someone say he was fired from his last job?).

People will downvote me for saying it, but it's probably the truth. He isn't just sitting pretty on a pile of cash and going through all these lawsuits for fun.

#9893 3 years ago
Quoted from asay:

The money is gone/mostly gone and he has no other income (didn't someone say he was fired from his last job?).
People will downvote me for saying it, but it's probably the truth. He isn't just sitting pretty on a pile of cash and going through all these lawsuits for fun.

I don't think so.

#9894 3 years ago

It will come out that he has no money.

#9895 3 years ago

Nostalgia... I am at a cosplay / game convention this week end organizing a Pin tourney... Saw this:

(ps: I am not the international buyer )

6.jpg

7.jpg

#9896 3 years ago

I too think the well has run dry for Kevin or close to it. People that are broke and not use to having money tend to spend it very fast when they fall into money. Compile that with what he's already paid out to vendors, I can't see him sitting on that much. How much Pred money was spent on EOD and travelling to shows and building the proto's? Kevin drove to pick up the Pred playfields rather then having them shipped? How much has he spent on field trips, tattoos, fancy clothes(wait, scratch that), transportation, his new crib, Christmas the last few years, the list goes on. Now with what's left he's trying to buy coin op equipment so that it can't be tracked when the time comes for judgment on any law suits. He knows that any money he will make above the table can be garnished if Keith is successful. People that are shady are usually pretty good it.

#9897 3 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

I didn't believe you - and learned something new today... I'm surprised that it isn't illegal to buy counterfeit goods seeing how the consumer is enabling an illegal activity...
"In the U.S., federal law protecting trademarks makes it illegal to knowingly traffic counterfeit goods, which includes the production, sale and transport of such goods. The U.S. Department of Justice, however, has stated that federal law doesn’t prohibit an individual from buying a counterfeit product for personal use, even if they do so knowingly.
The maximum penalty for first-time offenders trafficking in counterfeit goods is 10 years in prison and a $2 million fine. For second-time offenders, the penalty is 20 years and a $5 million fine. In addition, if a corporation traffics in counterfeit goods, it can be subject to a fine of $15 million."

So if two original buyers resold their games, are they trafficking in stolen goods? Both could be sued for $2 million and the $4M used to pay lawyers $2M, victims $1M & have $1M left to go after Kevin. Could be a win-win

#9898 3 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Seriously, I got a set of 4ft tower speakers for next to nothing. It's just speakers, not complex electronics. They sound fine and have lasted nearly 20 years. The cabinets look great and worst case would be needing to upgrade the speakers in the cabs. I read some of the comments on the youtubes and others seemed to say the same thing.

The scam part comes when they start trying to convince people that it's high end gear and charge high end prices. I never ran into a scam one - the one time I saw one, the convo went like this:

him: Want to buy some speakers, man?
Me: What kind?
Him: Big ones!

I laughed and told him no thanks. Nice enough guy, anyway.

#9899 3 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

How much Pred money was spent on EOD

Those sneak photos we saw of EoD, sitting in a hotel room, you were able to see actual ramps on it and it looked really far along in a lot of ways. Since EoD had no pre-orders, then the money came from somewhere.

#9900 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

So if two original buyers resold their games, are they trafficking in stolen goods? Both could be sued for $2 million and the $4M used to pay lawyers $2M, victims $1M & have $1M left to go after Kevin. Could be a win-win

The prototypes aren't stolen goods so no.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
Various Other Swag
Shoot Again Pinball
$ 29.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 68.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 40.00
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com
€ 9.95
Playfield - Other
Multigame
$ 8,000.00
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Various Other Swag
Third Coast Pinball
There are 18272 posts in this topic. You are on page 198 of 366.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside