Clevon (resized).jpg
0C707122-51D1-4488-8B69-8C91DA48018D.jpeg
72329539_10219705910182373_6362298985876553728_n (resized).jpg
pirateplayersclub (resized).jpg
case against keith.pdf (PDF preview)
_2_16-21030.pdf (PDF preview)
Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

87 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,488 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 370.
#901 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Whatever...all I'm trying to say is that there are plenty pinball machine makers that "don't answer every email"....

There are only three companies presently delivering pinball machines, and they all answer emails and/or phone calls to my knowledge and experience...

There are a plethora of companies NOT delivering pinball machines and they almost universally suck at communication.

Coincidence?

#902 9 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

There are a plethora of companies NOT delivering pinball machines and they almost universally suck at communication.
Coincidence?

Bingo.

#903 9 years ago

I do hereby approve of this message / GIF.

#904 9 years ago

Stern doesn't answer every email.

#905 9 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

#906 9 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Maybe, but I've personally never had an email or phone call to Stern go unanswered, and certainly not any dealing with actual problems regarding their machines.

While publically they are essentially mute, I've had great experiences with them in private. Maybe I'm lucky?

#907 9 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

This is true. However, Stern does have a Tech Support Phone Number (1-800-KICKERS) that has a tremendous track record of working with Stern customers.

Marcus

#908 9 years ago

This is silly. Stern doesn't take pre-order money either. I don't think anyone here is owed a game by Stern?

#909 9 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I'm sure they ignore a large portion of the "WHER IZ MUH CODE" or the passive aggressive emails: "Why did you make a stupid fucking theme like Wrestlemania?".

I would.

I think there is a difference between that and ignoring people asking for refunds. Stern doesn't have to deal with that. They just show up with games, like them or not.

It certainly feels like most of these smaller companies are guys who are super passionate about pinball, but have never dealt with million dollar budgets before and the expectations that come with that.

#910 9 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

It certainly feels like most of these smaller companies are guys who are super passionate about pinball, but have never dealt with million dollar budgets before and the expectations that come with that.

Bingo!

#911 9 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I'm sure they ignore a large portion of the "WHER IZ MUH CODE" or the passive aggressive emails: "Why did you make a stupid fucking theme like Wrestlemania?".
I would.
I think there is a difference between that and ignoring people asking for refunds. Stern doesn't have to deal with that. They just show up with games, like them or not.

I only emailed tech support for a broken aux board for Xmen Le
and a separate email asking if i could get a blackbird plastic.
both emails went unanswered.

Also emailed Gomez asking about a game

All emails unanswered.

I'm not making excuses for Skit B just saying Stern does not answer all emails.

In my other experiences DP, JPOP, Spooky Heighway and JJP have all answered every one of my emails.

#912 9 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Occam's Razor suggests that the simplest explanation is usually the correct one... As it relates to Skit-B, any news worth communicating may not be good, and because they don't want to lie, but they also don't want to deal with the consequences of telling the truth, they simply say nothing. It's a very common psychological reaction, but not very wise from a business perspective.

#913 9 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

have to disagree with FAST, as I sent them a PM and email months back, and was ignored. The others (that I've dealt with) have been great, like you said, though!

Oh man! So sorry! I usually reply to messages from email and not the pinside interface. I found your message threaded with a bunch of others with the same "FAST Pinball" subject line. Please accept our apologies.

I am out birthday shopping for my son but I will give you a proper reply when I get to my desk.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#914 9 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

Oh man! So sorry! I usually reply to messages from email and not the pinside interface.

Yeah, one downside to that is it doesn't mark the message as viewed when you do that, so you end up with a big unread count on Pinside to messages you're replied to. I tend to not use it for that reason, I get so many PMs I'd totally lose track otherwise.

#915 9 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Occam's Razor suggests that the simplest explanation is usually the correct one...

In reality, it suggests that the one with the fewest assumptions is the most likely correct. Therefore, the answer with fewest assumptions is that SkitB is building machines.

Is that naive? Perhaps it is. I may have my head in the sand, in the clouds or in my anal orifice. I'm sorry, but these arguments have gotten way past old. I made the choice to support this fledgling company and purchase their vision of a Predator themed pinball machine. No one twisted my arm or placed a gun to my head; the decision was mine entirely.

I fully expect to get the machine I ordered. If not, it will have been an expensive life lesson. I would surmise that there is not one person among us that has not had an expensive life lesson at some point in their lives.

I will continue to support SkitB until they prove they are unworthy of the trust placed in them. That is my choice and that choice (and the consequences attached thereto) can only harm one person; me.

Phil

#916 9 years ago

Been on this ride for a very long time and not getting off now till it stops.I just hope the next update is either some completed machines or at least an update of production order or an estimate of completion.Would love to know when I can hope to get my Predator.Just want something of substance and not old pictures we have seen.

#917 9 years ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

In reality, it suggests that the one with the fewest assumptions is the most likely correct. Therefore, the answer with fewest assumptions is that SkitB is building machines.
Is that naive? Perhaps it is. I may have my head in the sand, in the clouds or in my anal orifice. I'm sorry, but these arguments have gotten way past old. I made the choice to support this fledgling company and purchase their vision of a Predator themed pinball machine. No one twisted my arm or placed a gun to my head; the decision was mine entirely.
I fully expect to get the machine I ordered. If not, it will have been an expensive life lesson. I would surmise that there is not one person among us that has not had an expensive life lesson at some point in their lives.
I will continue to support SkitB until they prove they are unworthy of the trust placed in them. That is my choice and that choice (and the consequences attached thereto) can only harm one person; me.
Phil

Amen brother!!!

I'm in til I decide I'm not. Gonna see how this plays out.

#918 9 years ago

Well I see a bunch of folks that voted with their wallets staying in arguing with guys that are not involved yet stirring the pot. Same story on each game.

#919 9 years ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

Phil

could not have been said better.

I paid in back in June and either I get the game or I loose my deposit. That was my choice and I will be the only person happy or hurt with my choice.

The sad part to me is that some people that are not in for the game have made an active choice to do everything they can try and make the game fail. I am sure a book could be written about it, but pretty sick to see some very active members in our hobby and the industry that are doing everything they can to shut this project down, with little regard that if they succeed they will be tossing 250 real pinheads under the bus along with their witch hunt to fail a pinball company.

Let's be honest, SkitB (or any company startup) has enough troubles on their own failures and the last thing any of us need is the continual 'sky is falling' mentality or weekly calls to a license holder from some pinsiders to complain. We (those that paid in) made our own decision and anyone that is trying to actively screw with that is not just having a negative impact on SkitB, but also the community of 250 as a whole. Just lay off the BS and let things unfold as they will or won't. You are not doing any of your fellow community members a favor with the continual BS.

#920 9 years ago

Who is Stern?

#921 9 years ago

Same old , same old

New rule: if you are in this project, you are free to discuss any and all concerns
If you are not, please refrain from repeating the same old "sky is falling", "bad communication", "no license" argument.

Oops, forgot...this is a public forum. "I'm free to say what I like"

You know what would be cool? If we could talk about how excited we are to get this machine after this superlong wait. It's F$&king Predator!!!!

All those modes.....all the possible mods

#922 9 years ago

Played the game at Expo. Solid!!!

#923 9 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

It's F$&king Predator!!!!

Yes sir, I'm in for the long haul.

#924 9 years ago

The former commissioner of the NBA, of course.

#925 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

could not have been said better.
I paid in back in June and either I get the game or I loose my deposit. That was my choice and I will be the only person happy or hurt with my choice.
The sad part to me is that some people that are not in for the game have made an active choice to do everything they can try and make the game fail. I am sure a book could be written about it, but pretty sick to see some very active members in our hobby and the industry that are doing everything they can to shut this project down, with little regard that if they succeed they will be tossing 250 real pinheads under the bus along with their witch hunt to fail a pinball company.
Let's be honest, SkitB (or any company startup) has enough troubles on their own failures and the last thing any of us need is the continual 'sky is falling' mentality or weekly calls to a license holder from some pinsiders to complain. We (those that paid in) made our own decision and anyone that is trying to actively screw with that is not just having a negative impact on SkitB, but also the community of 250 as a whole. Just lay off the BS and let things unfold as they will or won't. You are not doing any of your fellow community members a favor with the continual BS.

The same group of dolts had similar comments about WOZ.

I hope you guys waiting for your Predator are made whole.

#926 9 years ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

And that choice (and the consequences attached thereto) can only harm one person; me.

I like your post a lot, and agree with nearly all of it: except this part. "It only affects me" is just not true.

Lets be clear, the games are going to be made and shipped as promised: eventually. So... that really is (likely) the end of the story save for some grumbling about time delays...

But if it's not...

It wont be "just you" that it affects. 250 people don't get hurt here... an entire industry does. Even now, already without too much real reason, its widely considered on pinside that the "pay first, get the game later" model is dead or near death. Anything going wrong with Predator will not only kill it with authority, but it will kill similar used business methods by other manufactures.

No one... no one... will ever be able to pre-fund an idea on pinside and make a machine 12-36 months later... even if the theme is DD beach babes VS zombie nazi's on dinosaurs. The success or failure of this project... even the part before the success and failure... (like the emails, communication, refund requests, photos given, timelines etc) are all affecting downsteam the willingness of any pinhead to support any idea up front. Its true.

Should skit-b fail for some reason... they don't just hurt 250 pinheads... they kill the entire business model for everyone. No Wrath of Olympus, no time-shock!, no Alien Pinball, and many more...

Thankfully... the odds of this happening are pretty low. Skit-B will eventually put our Predator, and there will be much rejoicing and happiness. That's a good thing.

That is the reason that "non owners" are interested in this thread and have a valid reason to have some concern. We may not be in the "direct blast zone" like the 250, but we are certainly in the "radioactive contamination zone" that the blast would create. And by "we" I mean "every one of us".

So lets hope that no-one drops the bomb.

#927 9 years ago

Where can I send my pre-order money for DD beach babes VS zombie nazi's on dinosaurs (aka DDBBVZNOD)?

#928 9 years ago

Soon too be proud owner of #10 production #14

#929 9 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

DD beach babes VS zombie nazi's on dinosaurs

You might have just figured out how to save Experts of Disaster!

#930 9 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

... even if the theme is DD beach babes VS zombie nazi's on dinosaurs.

50b0ecb26fc07.gif50b0ecb26fc07.gif

#931 9 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

But if it's not...
It wont be "just you" that it affects. 250 people don't get hurt here... an entire industry does. Even now, already without too much real reason, its widely considered on pinside that the "pay first, get the game later" model is dead or near death. Anything going wrong with Predator will not only kill it with authority, but it will kill similar used business methods by other manufactures.
No one... no one... will ever be able to pre-fund an idea on pinside and make a machine 12-36 months later... even if the theme is DD beach babes VS zombie nazi's on dinosaurs. The success or failure of this project... even the part before the success and failure... (like the emails, communication, refund requests, photos given, timelines etc) are all affecting downsteam the willingness of any pinhead to support any idea up front. Its true.
Should skit-b fail for some reason... they don't just hurt 250 pinheads... they kill the entire business model for everyone. No Wrath of Olympus, no time-shock!, no Alien Pinball, and many more...

Good. I hope that the pre-buy model is dead forever.

If WOOLY, time-shock, or any other game has a problem funding their business, then I shed zero tears for them. If they truly believe in their game, then they need to take all of the risks to get it to market.

I am a customer. I've been told time and time again that I am not an investor. If that is indeed the case, then these companies need to fund their company in a manner that allows them to build these games without my money.

If the product is worthy in my eyes, I'll buy it. If it is not, then I'll pass.

Regardless of the success or failure of Skit-B, the pre-purchase model is dead to me. Others may want to support it. But not me.

And in my opinion, good riddance to the pre-purchase business model.

Marcus

#932 9 years ago
Quoted from MMuller:

Soon too be proud owner of #10 production #14

Get some good news lately?

#933 9 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

Good. I hope that the pre-buy model is dead forever.

Have to agree. In on a few titles but glad to wrap that up and just stay away from now on. Time for order and ship or dont bother. Sadly it may mean less cool stuff but it will mean more real stuff.

Meanwhile here is to these guys getting the games out.

#935 9 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

I don't agree.

#936 9 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

Get some good news lately?

News no, just trying too keep this positive

#937 9 years ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

Actually, without a machine present and verifiable, you are assuming Skit is building machines. The correct statement, with no assumptions, is" The answer with fewest assumptions is that SkitB is not building machines".

#939 9 years ago

Let's not forget some of us even made donations to Kevin. Remember that fond time when he was soliciting donations here on Pinside now he's MIA.

Am I allowed to post here if I gave a donation?

#940 9 years ago

I wish Kevin nothing but the best and hope those Predators come rolling down the line soon! Can't wait to see those happy unboxing faces!

#941 9 years ago

I really like the direction this thread turned

#942 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

beach-babes-dinos.jpg 195 KB

Dude... you just took it to the NEXT FREAKING LEVEL!!!!!

#943 9 years ago

I swear... if those beach babes don't get to team up with/ride the dinosaurs while fighting against the zombie nazis, I'm totally out.

(Also, my husband would buy this, as his favorite movie is SuckerPunch and that's basically a scene in there already. Well, without the dinos but with machine guns and school girl outfits.)

#944 9 years ago

I feel the DD Beach Babes should be the ones on dinosaurs. Just makes for better imagery.

"Dino Ridin' DD Beach Babes VS The Nazi Zombie Army of Doom"

DRDDBBVTNZAD for short.

#945 9 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

ddbbvsznod.jpg 330 KB

Pre-ordered

#946 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Am I allowed to post here if I gave a donation?

Give us an "Aurich's style" Hot babes vs Alien Zombies from Outer Space and you are allowed to post

#947 9 years ago

How about a 'Hitler is not happy' pin?

HINH for short.

#948 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

beach-babes-dinos.jpg 195 KB

Looks like some of JPOP's cabinet art.

#949 9 years ago

They made your Batman game

#950 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I feel the DD Beach Babes should be the ones on dinosaurs. Just makes for better imagery.
"Dino Ridin' DD Beach Babes VS The Nazi Zombie Army of Doom"
DRDDBBVTNZAD for short.

fc2fca5cc8833d35c92822a6af386914480a4e7c2411a6329d9742eb6bc89110.jpgfc2fca5cc8833d35c92822a6af386914480a4e7c2411a6329d9742eb6bc89110.jpg

There are 18,488 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 370.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-skit-b-predator-discussion/page/19 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.