Clevon (resized).jpg
0C707122-51D1-4488-8B69-8C91DA48018D.jpeg
72329539_10219705910182373_6362298985876553728_n (resized).jpg
pirateplayersclub (resized).jpg
case against keith.pdf (PDF preview)
_2_16-21030.pdf (PDF preview)
Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

87 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,488 posts in this topic. You are on page 188 of 370.
#9351 8 years ago

And where did Kevin get the money for EOD?

#9352 8 years ago
Quoted from NoahFentz:

Hi Guys!
I just wanted to drop in and say that I would not be building cabinets and printing and applying decals for a project that's not fully licensed!
Anyone that knows me knows I won't even consider touching unlicensed projects!
Speculation can now rest.
Pre-owners can certainly look forward to receiving their PREDATORS.
Thank you.

thanks for posting this! This helps the cause.

#9353 8 years ago

roll forward to the 37:45 mark. how interesting.............

#9354 8 years ago
Quoted from NoahFentz:

What really should be clarified is your involvement in a very similar site, hosting illegal hacks and recreations of games that are NOT on the okay list, like Metallica, for example, or any SAM system games, for that matter.

So.. the key difference between a site "hosting illegal hacks and recreations" and your vpforums.com is a simple "OK list"? A list that vpforums guys created based on criteria vpforums invented?

You're a nice guy but your comment above is so f'd up I can't even swallow it. There is NO difference between "your" site and others like it except a difference of opinion as to what is too old to pirate. And apparently the other guys don't charge for access.

#9355 8 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

So.. the key difference between a site "hosting illegal hacks and recreations" and your vpforums.com is a simple "OK list"? A list that vpforums guys created based on criteria vpforums invented?

He specifically stated that he got the 'OK' from the legal folks holding copyrights. That is the 'ok' list.

#9356 8 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

You're a nice guy but your comment above is so f'd up I can't even swallow it. There is NO difference between "your" site and others like it except a difference of opinion as to what is too old to pirate. And apparently the other guys don't charge for access.

This ...

Quoted from Coyote:

He specifically stated that he got the 'OK' from the legal folks holding copyrights. That is the 'ok' list.

And also, the mods have asked that this remain a Skit-B thread and not devolve into unrelated discussion of the legalities of virtual pinball.

Quoted from Xerico:

NoahFentz and DeeGor, both of you have had your say.
If you want to continue your personal discussion, then move the discuss to PM.
Consider this a gentle reminder that the topic of this thread is Skit-B.
Move discussion back to the topic back to Skit-B.
Marcus

#9357 8 years ago

Last bit on this from me..

Quoted from Coyote:

He also stated they had the rights to do Pred cabinets...

Maybe he talked to Gary, but I can't imagine he's talked to the rights owners of every game ever made, so I'll just file his statement under "hyperbole" or maybe "wishful thinking" and stop derailing this thread. Good luck with the lawsuit folks!

#9358 8 years ago

Okay guys please keep this discussion on topic from this point on. A seperate thread can be started to debate copyright rules.

#9359 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I think they do. I can't find the picture, but if I remember it right there was a picture of Jamie signing EoD translites or standing next to one or something.
EDIT: found the pic, he was signing them
260633-i.png

I wouldn't put it past Kulek to get Jamie to sign one piece of "fan art" inspired by mythbusters and has no idea Kevin is claiming they are on board with the project. Look how many people JPop claimed to be on his team who had no knowledge of it whatsoever.

#9360 8 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

I wouldn't put it past Kulek to get Jamie to sign one piece of "fan art" inspired by mythbusters and has no idea Kevin is claiming they are on board with the project. Look how many people JPop claimed to be on his team who had no knowledge of it whatsoever.

Anything is possible at this point.

#9361 8 years ago

That EOD translite is one ugly mutha*#$@.

#9362 8 years ago

I paid and signed up with Keith today. Another legal suit for Kevin Coolaid to deal with

I also emailed Kevin several times BEFORE I filed the suit, to give him a last chance to pay up and avoid all this hassle. He didn't bother to reply. What a shyster. Another example of a conman f***ing the pinball community. Well, time for some retribution me old mate. hahaha.

Keith is great BTW- highly recommended if you want to try to get your money back.

Amusingly, in one of Kevin's old emails to the Predator 'pre-owners' list, he listed all the recipient email addresses i.e. I have them all. I'm not sure if or how this list could ever be used, but thought it was worth mentioning. I sent all pertinent emails to Keith. All my $4,750 was paid via PayPal.

#9363 8 years ago

I feel like I killed this thread

Or is everyone busy getting munted on 4th July?

#9364 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

is everyone busy getting munted

Well, I just learned a new word today. When I saw "munted" I thought it was some kind of typo. But curiosity made me look it up, especially since someone from Great Britain was writing it. That's when I learned it was our equivalent of getting drunk. Appears this is an English slang word used by those OTHER English speakers!

#9365 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

I feel like I killed this thread
Or is everyone busy getting munted on 4th July?

makers mark for me this evening. Even had to make the old lady drive me to the fireworks show. Revolution, rebellion and independence! 'merica!

#9366 8 years ago

Mike, this is America; we speak American.

#9367 8 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Mike, this is America; we speak American.

"I am an Americorn"

#9368 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

I paid and signed up with Keith today. Another legal suit for Kevin Coolaid to deal with
I also emailed Kevin several times BEFORE I filed the suit, to give him a last chance to pay up and avoid all this hassle.

I am in too - the famous Anglo-French alliance

Did not even bother to try to recontact Kevin -have you tried his lawyer?

#9369 8 years ago

Excellent!

No, I didn't try his lawyer, and it's academic now, I guess.

#9370 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

Keith is great BTW- highly recommended if you want to try to get your money back.
Amusingly, in one of Kevin's old emails to the Predator 'pre-owners' list, he listed all the recipient email addresses i.e. I have them all. I'm not sure if or how this list could ever be used, but thought it was worth mentioning. I sent all pertinent emails to Keith. All my $4,750 was paid via PayPal.

Lawyers can not directly solicit business. If you want to try and get the greatest response then you may want to think about emailing all of those people and letting them know what you are doing and the similar course fo action they could take with ease.

#9371 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Lawyers can not directly solicit business. If you want to try and get the greatest response then you may want to think about emailing all of those people and letting them know what you are doing and the similar course fo action they could take with ease.

http://www.americanbar.org/groups/professional_responsibility/publications/model_rules_of_professional_conduct/rule_7_3_direct_contact_with_prospective_clients.html

1 week later
#9372 8 years ago
Quoted from KeithinMI:

Bump if you haven't contacted me yet:
Just to bring it back to top of mind:
I am a practicing lawyer in Michigan and would be happy to give a free phone consult with any Predator "investor" about their rights/remedies, and of course happy to represent them to assist in recovery of their monies.
I am currently representing Clients in the matter and have had contact with Mr. Kulek's lawyer, and am quite aware of what is going on.
http://www.nathanson-law.com
248-436-4833 x 111
Keith Nathanson

Free bump.
For those hesitating, I suggest to contact Keith Nathanson. I asked him a couple of questions (before enrolling) he answered quickly.
My first lawsuit in a different country...

#9373 8 years ago

I just signed up with Keith today also. I sure do hope he can get a positive result.

#9374 8 years ago

Bumping . . . because I thought I never WOULD find this thread, it was buried so deep!

#9375 8 years ago

Mike, you bought Predator. Admit it. Or else why would you post in this thread? HMM??

#9376 8 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Or else why would you post in this thread?

Ha! The same reason YOU post in this thread! A very serious and interesting subject.

And you should know by now, one more pin in this house and I will be sleeping downtown in the park!
Mike

#9377 8 years ago

For all of your consumption:

I received an email from Jon Emaus yesterday, and he advised me that he is no longer representing Kevin Kulek and SkitB Pinball.

I'm surmising (probably correctly), that those of you who were waiting to hear from him about a refund or some other redress for your deposits will not hear from him.

#9378 8 years ago

For those of us who aren't lawyers, what does that typically mean? Did he just run out of money to stop paying him?

#9379 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

For those of us who aren't lawyers, what does that typically mean? Did he just run out of money to stop paying him?

99% sure it means, he didn't/couldn't pay his lawyer.
They tend not to like to work for free.

#9380 8 years ago

I can only imagine that Kevin didn't like all the billable hours coming in because his lawyer was the one talking to everyone on the phone, since Kevin won't talk to anyone.

#9381 8 years ago

phone calls can burn through a lot of cash with zero progress. How much is a billable hour? Lets say $200. billed in 15 min increments..

#9382 8 years ago

wow. unbelievable. well.... no really. LOL
so what's next? I don't think throwing good money after bad is such a great idea.
where's he hiding the money?

#9383 8 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

phone calls can burn through a lot of cash with zero progress. How much is a billable hour? Lets say $200. billed in 15 min increments..

<----substantially more than $200 an hour, but I bill in .1 increments

#9384 8 years ago

Welp, bankruptcy time? It really...... really pisses me off...that they did not get him for criminal activity.

Kevin....your a joke and a disgrace to this community.

#9385 8 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Kevin....your a joke and a disgrace to this community.

More like disgrace to humanity...

#9386 8 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Welp, bankruptcy time?

I suggest you reach out to KeithinMI to discuss likely/possible outcomes offline and retain him if you have not already.

#9387 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I suggest you reach out to KeithinMI to discuss likely/possible outcomes offline and retain him if you have not already.

I came close to pre-ordering this one, in the 11th hour...I backed out. What Kevin did is fraud...(since I'm sure he still reads these forums even though "Pinside is not the voice of Pinball") and I'm hoping sometime soon....he will be recognized legally for his fraudulent behavior.

#9388 8 years ago

if people dont get their money back i hope they at least get justice in the legal system and he pays for his crimes.

did Enaud ever get paid from his case? I think the dates have passed but not sure

#9389 8 years ago

Forgotten about Enaud's award. Did it come through?

#9390 8 years ago
Quoted from KeithinMI:

For all of your consumption:
I received an email from Jon Emaus yesterday, and he advised me that he is no longer representing Kevin Kulek and SkitB Pinball.
I'm surmising (probably correctly), that those of you who were waiting to hear from him about a refund or some other redress for your deposits will not hear from him.

Maybe the lawyer realized what he was defending.

#9391 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Maybe the lawyer realized what he was defending.

Nah. That's not going to matter after he accepted the case and he's getting paid.

I agree with others, it is very likely Kevin stopped paying his attorney, or couldn't pay him any further so he dismissed him. Which means that Kevin is now representing himself, and has a fool for a client.

#9392 8 years ago

Will the court assign him an attorney at any point?

#9393 8 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Will the court assign him an attorney at any point?

Absolutely not. This is not a criminal case.

#9394 8 years ago

I think we can infer from this that the money is all gone. Kevin is penniless. And we are shit outa luck.
BTW Enaud got nothing from the judgment.

#9395 8 years ago

DON'T give UP! There are options and at minimum we all owe it to the hobby we love to make his life a living hell for the foreseeable future.

#9396 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

DON'T give UP! There are options and at minimum we all owe it to the hobby we love to make his life a living hell for the foreseeable future.

Why? What will that accomplish? It's over. Kulek has nothing. Move on.

#9397 8 years ago

Underlord does not know any details so I suggest not listening to him in regards to this matter.

There are many option on the table, but they should not be talked about in public. Reach out to KeithinMI for a free consult if you had money stolen from SkitB.

#9398 8 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Why? What will that accomplish? It's over. Kulek has nothing. Move on.

I just got on board with Keith. Why.......?

Because I work very hard for my money. I just can't let someone steal $4750 from me. I supported Kevin up until the very end. When it all fell apart, I thought he'd do the right thing and work his ass off to pay back each and every one of us. At the very least, divide up what was left of a very sizable preorder sum of money. But no, not Kevin. He continues to work on his dream of being a pinball manufacturing company. It's time that he goes out and gets a real job!

Why you ask?

Because I don't want Kevin, his wife, his family or friends to profit from my preorder funds in any way! The money I sent to Keith is money well spent. It's actually worth every penny as I don't have to drag Kevin to court long distance ala Enaud.

Like you Underlord, I will be just fine. It was a life lesson. But I'm going to get a lot of satisfaction by sending Keith after him. I encourage others to do the same. Time to put Kevin Kulek out of business!

#9399 8 years ago
Quoted from Enaud:

Kevin is penniless.

As long as that piece of shit still has a roof over his (and his family's) head, and a bed to sleep in, he is not penniless.

#9400 8 years ago

When the JPOP thread accelerates in thread count and this thread slows down this song comes to mind...

There are 18,488 posts in this topic. You are on page 188 of 370.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-skit-b-predator-discussion/page/188 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.