Topic Stats

• 18,269 posts
  • 815 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 32 days ago by Cobra99
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,540 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
194b3475e0440b8112afc0ac4ad5bf0ed0e8ec3db63fb4b6748a4f2e06a9865b (resized).jpg
31A053C2-4495-4E3E-980F-E5ADEA02F1DE (resized).jpeg
IMG_2933 (resized).JPG
beetlejuice-shrunken head (resized).jpg
2716720260_bc8966f6b1 (resized).jpg
D460F55E-AD42-43C6-91EB-B8162A84A094.gif
Screenshot_20190103-214734_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20181108-174321 (resized).png
Fife Appeal Sept 24 2018.pdf (PDF preview)
cat ooo 2.gif
7332539.attach (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

86 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 18269 posts in this topic. You are on page 185 of 366.
#9201 3 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

Amish people don't play pinball.
They're only allowed to play Bagatelle.

Post of the day.

#9203 3 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Yea, but threatening bodily harm to someone on a forum that's publicly accessible and against forum rules shows disrespect towards the forum and results in a thread eject.
I'm also not sure the backstory on this "Amish" thing but if folks are using this to rag on them, i don't think that's cool either.

Haz explicitly stated this is what he "felt" like doing - but would not actually do because that would "be against the law."

So not sure this passes mustard as a threat. More, it feels like he's just venting. I would say most people go through a process of anger if someone hurts them in some way, as Kulek has done to so many. What separates us is whether we act on these impulses. Thankfully most people take a deep breath, calm down, and take a more prudent course.

#9210 3 years ago

all worth a thumbs up in my book

#9212 3 years ago
Quoted from belairjoe:

this forum was used to bait,then steal 250k from trusting customers.even"PINSIDE" must admit their part in keeping this scam going.dont confuse disrespect with with responsibility on pinsides part..you burn people for money..expect shit to happen.dont want people pissed,dont steal money and you don't have to worry about threats

We have been over this ad nauseum. Pinside had no direct role in this. We never said "go out and buy predator, we fully endorse it!" or anything like that. In fact, if you were keeping tabs, several of the moderators actually were in on this and lost out as much as everybody else did. Pinside bears zero responsibility for this. We don't officially ensorse any products or vendors, never have. It is not fair, deserved, or justified to point a finger at Pinside for any part in this drama.

#9213 3 years ago

I agree that there is a huge difference between venting on a public forum and saying the things you would like to do if they were not against the law and stupid and actually threatening to do them.

I will say that Kevin did not do himself any favors with this current little game of "refund" and then cancel the refunds before they go through. I am not sure what his exact motives are but am guessing this was all a ploy so he can "not be lieing" when he tells a judge and law enforcement he has attempted to refund people. Luckily there are ways to prove it was all a game.

Reality is that he just reopened many wounds that time was starting to close. I am more aggravated than even before with this situation and have decided to fight even harder to get my money back.

I am looking forward to what happens with Enaud's case and judgement. Enaud, aren't you supposed to be paid soon based on the judgement in your favor? I forgot what teh timeline and next steps are for you.

#9214 3 years ago

He did it to show that all the PP money is gone. He may have given it to his wife for safe spending, I mean keeping?

#9215 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekie:

He did it to show that all the PP money is gone. He may have given it to his wife for safe spending, I mean keeping?

Yeah but paypal did not stop the refunds. SkitB manually cancelled all the refunds before they could fund.

Only claim of no money in paypal is the negative 94k balance form the one rep. Now that SkitB played this game of 'refund' and cancel, he has opened up paypal to be subpoenaed for records on the account it appears.

Either way it really does not matter to me if no money is in paypal as we all know that the money is not all gone. Even if it is, it appears that he broke enough laws that the debt will not be wiped even if he declares bankruptcy.

#9216 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Yeah but paypal did not stop the refunds. SkitB manually cancelled all the refunds before they could fund.
Only claim of no money in paypal is the negative 94k balance form the one rep. Now that SkitB played this game of 'refund' and cancel, he has opened up paypal to be subpoenaed for records on the account it appears.
Either way it really does not matter to me if no money is in paypal as we all know that the money is not all gone. Even if it is, it appears that he broke enough laws that the debt will not be wiped even if he declares bankruptcy.

I agree.

#9217 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am looking forward to what happens with Enaud's case and judgement. Enaud, aren't you supposed to be paid soon based on the judgement in your favor? I forgot what teh timeline and next steps are for you.

T minus 9 days and counting.

#9218 3 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

We have been over this ad nauseum. Pinside had no direct role in this. We never said "go out and buy Predator, we fully endorse it!" or anything like that. In fact, if you were keeping tabs, several of the moderators actually were in on this and lost out as much as everybody else did. Pinside bears zero responsibility for this. We don't officially ensorse any products or vendors, never have. It is not fair, deserved, or justified to point a finger at Pinside for any part in this drama.

Noone is really blaming Pinside buy I disagree that Pinside doesn't have some tacit role in promoting manufacturers. When pinside creates a separate skitb manufacturer sub form that is an indirect endorsement that is recognizing this company as a viable supplier of boutique pinball machines. Now Noone is suggesting that pinside twisted people's arms to preorder and put their money at risk. But pinside can't absolve itself completely either as this forum was used by Kevin with pinsides permission to promote and sell predator. Even one of the moderators maintained an ongoing predator update thread.

#9219 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Even one of the moderators maintained an ongoing Predator update thread.

I think you are confusing informing with promotion. Can you refer us to posts where a moderator did actual promotion for Kevin?

#9220 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Noone is really blaming Pinside buy I disagree that Pinside doesn't have some tacit role in promoting manufacturers. When pinside creates a separate skitb manufacturer sub form that is an indirect endorsement that is recognizing this company as a viable supplier of boutique pinball machines. Now Noone is suggesting that pinside twisted people's arms to preorder and put their money at risk. But pinside can't absolve itself completely either as this forum was used by Kevin with pinsides permission to promote and sell Predator. Even one of the moderators maintained an ongoing Predator update thread.

That is like saying that TV networks and stations are liable for the the products and services advertised on their bandwidth. I'm not a lawyer but I doubt that they are ever held accountable and there are plenty of bad products and services advertised on TV.

#9221 3 years ago

Never said they were liable....reread my post. All I said is there is some indirect endorsement of a product when it's featured on your website. So there isn't 100% absolution and to think that pinside didn't have some influence on people purchasing the pin is naive...but I never said it's pinsides fault. It's not. Each person bears their own responsibility for purchasing.

#9222 3 years ago
Quoted from PaulLang76:

I think you are confusing informing with promotion. Can you refer us to posts where a moderator did actual promotion for Kevin?

Again re read my post...nowhere did I say that pinside actively promoted skitb. I said they provided a forum to allow kevin to promote the game. And that's a TACIT promotion just by inclusion.

#9223 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Again re read my post...nowhere did I say that pinside actively promoted skitb. I said they provided a forum to allow kevin to promote the game. And that's a TACIT promotion just by inclusion.

Wrong, for it to be a tacit promotion they would have to have a policy of discluding some people and have chosen to include Predator. The site allows threads for all pinball related items, which does not imply any sort of promotion, tacit or otherwise.

#9224 3 years ago

We are forming a group FB, to join PM me you email address used on FB.

We have a backup option if FB isn't preferred.

Let's at least start communicating as a private invested group. Lots of good info on Pinside is possibly being passed to Kevin, et al.

#9225 3 years ago
Quoted from CaryCarmichael:

We are forming a group FB, to join PM me you email address used on FB.
We have a backup option if FB isn't preferred.
Let's at least start communicating as a private invested group. Lots of good info on Pinside is possibly being passed to Kevin, et al.

If I can support you guys with a free private wiki, free private message board, etc... Please let me know. I've got webservers with the capacity. I would even foot the bill for a domain name as long as it called kevin out in it. like kevinkulekisathief.com.

#9226 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

If I can support you guys with a free private wiki, free private message board, etc... Please let me know. I've got webservers with the capacity. I would even foot the bill for a domain name as long as it called kevin out in it. like kevinkulekisathief.com.

Thank you, Sir. We have a couple other offers for the same - lots of smart Pinside people! I do like the URL idea!

Really, though, I don't think there is much more time to act.

#9227 3 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

Wrong, for it to be a tacit promotion they would have to have a policy of discluding some people and have chosen to include Predator. The site allows threads for all pinball related items, which does not imply any sort of promotion, tacit or otherwise.

Not all threads get their own sub forum or informational thread with links to promotional videos either.

We can just agree to disagree..didn't want to sidetrack the purpose of recent posts which is to recover funds

#9228 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Noone is really blaming Pinside buy I disagree that Pinside doesn't have some tacit role in promoting manufacturers. When pinside creates a separate skitb manufacturer sub form that is an indirect endorsement that is recognizing this company as a viable supplier of boutique pinball machines. Now Noone is suggesting that pinside twisted people's arms to preorder and put their money at risk. But pinside can't absolve itself completely either as this forum was used by Kevin with pinsides permission to promote and sell Predator. Even one of the moderators maintained an ongoing Predator update thread.

Can't be worse than PAPA having an article on their homepage for the announcement of Pinball Gremlins for months

#9229 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

That is a common fallacy of proximity.

"Pinside is a legit and respected forum. There is a Predator forum on Pinside. Predator must be legit, too."

But as in most fallacies of this kind, there is a third explanation: there were a ton of posts (literally, thousands) about predator and it simply makes sense to categorize them in a sub-forum for easy reference and access. If you assumed the former and didn't consider the latter, and most importantly, didn't seek clarification, that's ultimately on you.

People assume stuff like this all the time. Someone happens to be seen in proximity to a celebrity, for example. "Look, here's a selfie I took at Jay-Z's private party!" They must be "somebody", right? Because how else would they get to hang with an important celebrity? Turns out he was just the guy delivering pizzas.

#9230 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Not all threads get their own sub forum or informational thread with links to promotional videos either.
We can just agree to disagree..didn't want to sidetrack the purpose of recent posts which is to recover funds

Yes, we can agree to disagree. But that doesn't stop you from being wrong. If you thought about the implications of claiming all informational mediums that host a public forum to discuss a product or company tacitly endorse them you would see how foolish that is.

#9231 3 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

That is a common fallacy of proximity.
"Pinside is a legit and respected forum. There is a Predator forum on Pinside. Predator must be legit, too."
But as in most fallacies of this kind, there is a third explanation: there were a ton of posts (literally, thousands) about Predator and it simply makes sense to categorize them in a sub-forum for easy reference and access. If you assumed the former and didn't consider the latter, and most importantly, didn't seek clarification, that's ultimately on you.
People assume stuff like this all the time. Someone happens to be seen in proximity to a celebrity, for example. "Look, here's a selfie I took at Jay-Z's private party!" They must be "somebody", right? Because how else would they get to hang with an important celebrity? Turns out he was just the guy delivering pizzas.

I would agree except skitb was declassified from its own forum after the shit hit the fan...if what you say is true they wouldn't do that. Again sorry for the diversion. Back to recovering money.

#9232 3 years ago

skit-b didn't even have their own forum here for a long time. It was only last year (1 year) that the additional forums opened up. Well after when most people sent in their big payments.

#9233 3 years ago

If anyone wants to discuss action going on outside of the forum, please contact me.

There are some things happening and easiest to talk about it over the phone.

PM me your number and I will call this evening.

#9234 3 years ago
Quoted from Enaud:

T minus 9 days and counting.

This is tremendous news! Bet you can't wait 'til you have main engine start

BTW could you PM me your attorney details? As you know, I'm one of the plaintiffs vs Jflop, and I'd like to add Kevin to my pinball litigation collection He's my Silverball...

#9235 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

If anyone wants to discuss action going on outside of the forum, please contact me.

As with my post to Enaud, please PM me! I feel the frenzied urge to litigate Well, urge anyway.

#9236 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

edit: I have a long list of PMs and am calling people to discuss.

Please be patient as it takes time for me to call and talk with each person and only so many hours that I am able to make calls when off work.

#9237 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

I feel the frenzied urge to litigate

LMAO! I don't think I've ever heard someone say that before.

#9238 3 years ago
Quoted from CaryCarmichael:

On with PP, still, after 30 minutes.
First rep said that the refund was initiated using an attached bank account or e-check, Not via his PP account.
The rep said, "I am not supposed to tell you this, but he cannot pay from his PP account because it is a negative balance", I ask how much, "$94,000".
I am on hold as I try to start a claim now based on my refund transaction ID, which is current enough - at least that is my hope and assumption while I wait on hold.

If he's $94,000 in the hole to Paypal (which makes sense with all the chargebacks), it's only a matter of time before they take legal action.

I also don't know why Paypal would let refunds go through if his account was that far in the negative. You'd think they'd want their money first.

#9239 3 years ago
Quoted from sturner:

I also don't know why Paypal would let refunds go through if his account was that far in the negative. You'd think they'd want their money first.

I was wondering about that myself. Can anybody with a negative PP balance try refunding someone 25 cents and see if it goes through?

#9240 3 years ago

Still no refund for me I requested a refund on February 13th. I have a sinking feeling ill never see a refund. Im glad others have been receiving them though.

#9241 3 years ago

Well I didn't read the last part of this thread so I just saw that Kevin hoodwinked some buyers with false refunds. Im sorry to hear that. This situation just keeps getting worse its almost like Kevin has a vendetta against the buyers.

#9242 3 years ago

I'm back and hiring these guys, for justice I must go to Don Ishmael

Amish-Mafia.png
#9243 3 years ago

Damn! I was driving and didn't get the WhySnow news! Well, while I am curious what that is, I think I've added everyone that has asked to be a part of the secret FB. Holler back if I missed you.

#9244 3 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

Yes, we can agree to disagree. But that doesn't stop you from being wrong. If you thought about the implications of claiming all informational mediums that host a public forum to discuss a product or company tacitly endorse them you would see how foolish that is.

You might want to look up facilitation, to further your point.

#9245 3 years ago

Just wanted to let everyone know that I have been busy discussing with those that have contacted me. I will now will be out of phone access till Sunday.

Sorry for those that have PM'd that I have not gotten back to. I will reach out as soon as I get the chance/ likely on Sunday.

#9246 3 years ago

Just to bring it back to top of mind:

I am a practicing lawyer in Michigan and would be happy to give a free phone consult with any Predator "investor" about their rights/remedies, and of course happy to represent them to assist in recovery of their monies.

I am currently representing Clients in the matter and have had contact with Mr. Kulek's lawyer, and am quite aware of what is going on.

www.nathanson-law.com
248-436-4833 x 111
Keith Nathanson

#9247 3 years ago
#9248 3 years ago

"The order imposes a $111,793.71 judgment that will be suspended due to Chevalier’s inability to pay"

#9249 3 years ago

at least that case sets a precedence in a similar situation

#9250 3 years ago
Quoted from zeddex:

"The order imposes a $111,793.71 judgment that will be suspended due to Chevalier’s inability to pay"

You redacted the last sentence from that FTC summary of the settlement order, which is important...

"The order imposes a $111,793.71 judgment that will be suspended due to Chevalier’s inability to pay. The full amount will become due immediately if he is found to have misrepresented his financial condition."

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
$ 94.74
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 62.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 12.75
$ 36.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 28.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 109.99
There are 18269 posts in this topic. You are on page 185 of 366.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside