Topic Stats

• 18,272 posts
  • 815 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 days ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,540 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
194b3475e0440b8112afc0ac4ad5bf0ed0e8ec3db63fb4b6748a4f2e06a9865b (resized).jpg
31A053C2-4495-4E3E-980F-E5ADEA02F1DE (resized).jpeg
IMG_2933 (resized).JPG
beetlejuice-shrunken head (resized).jpg
2716720260_bc8966f6b1 (resized).jpg
D460F55E-AD42-43C6-91EB-B8162A84A094.gif
Screenshot_20190103-214734_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20181108-174321 (resized).png
Fife Appeal Sept 24 2018.pdf (PDF preview)
cat ooo 2.gif
7332539.attach (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

86 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 18272 posts in this topic. You are on page 182 of 366.
#9051 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Plenty of litigation and criminal investigation going on right now. That's what happens, questions get asked, its how they conduct an investigation.

Does that mean you are adding DETECTIVE to your list on your website now too?

Thank god you are hear to offer up your services yet again

#9053 4 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I interpreted Noah's post as you are now describing.
That is bad news and an argument for keeping the money which will not hold water.

And that's not the whole story, but I will let the "first hand direct knowledge" folks tell it. So its not "hearsay".

Unless Noah wants to tell it?

#9054 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Does that mean you are adding DETECTIVE to your list on your website now too?
Thank god you are hear to offer up your services yet again

Yes I do get quite a bit of thanks from a lot of people. It's just the all around greatness that I am, no need to hate and troll that.

At least come up with something funny to jab me with, make it interesting, that's just a misinformed comment. Why am I not surprised.

#9056 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yes I do get quite a bit of thanks from a lot of people. It's just the all around greatness that I am, no need to hate and troll that.
At least come up with something funny to jab me with, make it interesting, that's just a dumb comment. Why am I not surprised.

AMBULANCE CHASER

#9057 4 years ago

Yeah that's hysterical too! NOT. How about some good/funny lawyer jokes? I have some good ones for you.

#9058 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yeah that's hysterical too! NOT. How about some good/funny lawyer jokes? I have some good ones for you.

Don't forget... TOP GUN.

image.jpg

#9059 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm not into jokes or self important, flagellant, drivel. You apparently have lots of time to read into this, I haven't read a single productive comment from you. But I am slow and stupid. If you wan't to climb on top of this mountain of shit and shout down to the commoners. You have done it, you win you have it all figured out. You are the king, you know everything, this is in your wheelhouse. WE GET IT. Thank you for your selfless sacrifice of your valuable time.

#9060 4 years ago

I still think it is incredibly amateurish to enter into a contract with someone to build a "licensed" product without securing proof of licence first. If VP took on the project on Kevins word that he had a licence then he needs to brush up on his business practice. If I was taking on a project like this I would require a copy of the licence agreement so I don't get sued for making a licensed product without a license. If VP really went out their way to secure material, man power, training, facilities, and equipment without ensuring things are properly in order first then I question his professionalism. I'm building 250 cabinets........show me the money!! Lesson learned.

#9061 4 years ago
Quoted from Elvisinmypants:

WE GET IT. Thank you for your selfless sacrifice of your valuable time.

You are very WELCOME, I'm happy you finally see the greatness and hope you find satisfaction in all of the other "productive comments" here.

However, you are simply incorrect, there are many "productive comments" and actions I've made in trying to help. Hate away.

TOP GUN!

#9062 4 years ago

Look, I was lied to, just like the hundreds of "preowners" and other vendors. The only mistake here is, we all bought into it. After being strung along for over two years and starting and stopping production multiple times, it became a losing venture for us.

I came into this thing in 2012. By that time, he had a damn good story established, and no one doubted his licensing. I wanted nothing more than for people to get their machines in a VirtuaPin quality cabinet, and I, personally, worked very hard to try to make that happen.

Assume all you want, theorize all you want, we lost big on this ordeal.

#9063 4 years ago
Quoted from NoahFentz:

Hi Guys!
I just wanted to drop in and say that I would not be building cabinets and printing and applying decals for a project that's not fully licensed!
Anyone that knows me knows I won't even consider touching unlicensed projects!
Speculation can now rest.
Pre-owners can certainly look forward to receiving their PREDATORS.
Thank you.

#9064 4 years ago

Oy!

been posted before...and before...

#9066 4 years ago

Oh Snap!

#9067 4 years ago
Quoted from NoahFentz:

Look, I was lied to, just like the hundreds of "preowners" and other vendors. The only mistake here is, we all bought into it. After being strung along for over two years and starting and stopping production multiple times, it became a losing venture for us.
I came into this thing in 2012. By that time, he had a damn good story established, and no one doubted his licensing. I wanted nothing more than for people to get their machines in a VirtuaPin quality cabinet, and I, personally, worked very hard to try to make that happen.
Assume all you want, theorize all you want, we lost big on this ordeal.

You also lied to all of us on pinside, your no better than Kevin!

#9068 4 years ago

Conveying what one believes to be true is not a lie.

#9069 4 years ago

#9070 4 years ago
Quoted from NoahFentz:

It doesn't make it the truth. But thanks for spreading misinformation!

#9071 4 years ago

I was in on PRED since near the beginning. Don't recall Noah being an issue then. What's changed? Just trying to figure out what's happening.

Guy took money from KK for cabs, stuff didn't happen, Skitb imploded, chocked up to shit happens, right?

#9072 4 years ago
Quoted from NoahFentz:

Fair enough, but your post depicted the idea that Predator was licensed to be fact, when in reality you could not prove that beyond a reasonable shadow of a doubt. You and Kevin were singing the same song without putting forth any concrete evidence of a secured licensing agreement.

#9073 4 years ago
Quoted from NoahFentz:

Your assurances provided false hope to people who needed the truth.

You convinced at least 25 people that you were being truthful.

image.jpg

#9074 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Let's try and make this a bit clearer for you.
1. I was asked to help by Aaron

Aaron has ZERO to do with operating SkitB. He was a potential vendor and that's it. And yet you claim he was authorized to have you to do a "FORENSIC AUDIT"?

Below is your original quote that began our dialog. - You made it sound like you were working for PayPal or law enforcement and that is what I was questioning.

Quoted from iceman44:

I think PayPal is going to refund everybody based on the fraud committed. Like I said, I know the process was initiated months ago because I was asked to help with the forensic acctg

And your answers since don't parallel that comment at all. Just more smoke and mirrors.

*See Abe Lincoln quote*

#9076 4 years ago
Quoted from NoahFentz:

Perhaps not, but as a business, people are going to expect a much higher standard than the hearsay of the typical forum user.

I guess the lesson is to never feel it's your responsibility as a third-party supplier to assuage the customers of a first-party vendor. It was always Kevin's responsibility to come here and defend his company, and the fact that he never did (he was silent for nearly 18 months) was one of the reasons I got out of Dodge. In fact, if you ever get that nagging feeling to do so, consider it a big red flag you might be in bed with the wrong person.

#9077 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Aaron has ZERO to do with operating SkitB. He was a potential vendor and that's it. And yet you claim he was authorized to have you to do a "FORENSIC AUDIT"?

Yeah, that's exactly what I claim. The idea was to put SkitB in a position get "funding" from interested parties to finish off the pin, can't do that with accounting records written on toilet paper. Like Jpoppy, he was in way over his head.

Is there any more information you'd like to provide with the "private FB board" you created. Oh wait, that's Jpop, never mind.

Anything else you'd like to know? I can't figure out why you are having such a hard time with the concept? It's really pretty simple, call me and I'll walk you through it. Or Facebook me.

#9078 4 years ago
Quoted from NoahFentz:

You still haven't answered any of the questions posed. Forget the "conveyance" of the misinformation or whatever you want to call it.

How much did you receive from SkitB? And how much of that $$$ did you use to fund your own business operations? Where did you get the funds for the new CNC setup? Come on, I know you can do it, not that hard to be honest about what really happened.

#9079 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Anything else you'd like to know?

Nope, I think that does it. You've sufficiently dug your hole and you seem cozy in it. Congrats.

Just a word of caution and then I'm done. Pinsiders are not as stupid as you treat them. In this thread and many others, people are catching on to how pretentious and deceptive you are. You might want to consider that.

#9080 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You still haven't answered any of the questions posed. Forget the "conveyance" of the misinformation or whatever you want to call it.
How much did you receive from SkitB? And how much of that $$$ did you use to fund your own business operations? Where did you get the funds for the new CNC setup? Come on, I know you can do it, not that hard to be honest about what really happened.

I don't understand the witch hunt here. SkitB approached a vendor and said we need 250 cabinets. Vendor says ok I need x amount of a deposit to tool up in preparation. Skit-B fails and it's the vendors fault for tooling up with funds from skitb?

#9081 4 years ago

Glad to see some got refunds through whatever means happened to get them refunds..

Not glad to see that apparently a few of the remaining contingent are so bloodthirsty they can't seem to keep focus on the real target.. man...sh-ton of infighting going on in here.

#9082 4 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Glad to see some got refunds through whatever means happened to get them refunds..
Not glad to see that apparently a few of the remaining contingent are so bloodthirsty they can't seem to keep focus on the real target.. man...sh-ton of infighting going on in here.

Human nature. The timing is right. Pretty soon this fiasco will settle into the past tense. Not so much in-fighting as much as getting more details of how the money trail moved around.

#9083 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Nope, I think that does it. You've sufficiently dug your hole and you seem cozy in it. Congrats.
Just a word of caution and then I'm done. Pinsiders are not as stupid as you treat them. In this thread and many others, people are catching on to how pretentious and deceptive you are. You might want to consider that.

Thanks for the advice Kim

But like several others here, I give it ZERO weight. Got it?

I could care less what you and a few others think. But keep it up, I get along fine with most everybody

That includes your up vote buddies. The feeling is mutual I promise you that

#9084 4 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Your assurances provided false hope to people who needed the truth.
You convinced at least 25 people that you were being truthful.
image.jpg

Very damning of Virtual Pin...Based on that comment alone any common sense inference would be that VP had seen and checked out the license documentation and found it on good legal ground.

#9085 4 years ago
Quoted from Code_Blue:

Very damning of Virtual Pin...Based on that comment alone any common sense inference would be that VP had seen and checked out the license documentation and found it on good legal ground.

You assume "common sense" is running rampant around here.

Keep seeking the facts and honesty. Too much secrecy, private clubs and BS for too long

#9086 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You assume "common sense" is running rampant around here.
Keep seeking the facts and honesty. Too much secrecy, private clubs and BS for too long

I meant more the legal definition of any reasonable person being able to infer.

#9087 4 years ago

I feel like blaming a vendor for not demanding proof of license is not as bad as 250 consumers paying for something without seeing proof of license.

#9088 4 years ago

We didn't know what we didn't know, because we didn't know it at the time. Skitb had the Pinside blessing, even I didn't think to question delays and lack of info. Heck, when Kulek pulled all the internet stuff, some whispers but no outrage at the time. Pack mentality. If most think it's ok, it's usually ok.

#9089 4 years ago

If you look back, people who were correct were skewered and essentially burnt at the stake. But not many apologies, funny how that works.

It's a crazy story, pinball definitely has a couple big black eyes right now, but it will come back, it always does.

#9090 4 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

If you look back, people who were correct were skewered and essentially burnt at the stake. But not many apologies, funny how that works.
It's a crazy story, pinball definitely has a couple big black eyes right now, but it will come back, it always does.

What goes around come around doesn't it.

With that said, I'm draining myself from this fiasco thread and the handful of trolls can go F yourselves.

To everybody else, best of luck, I really hope you guys get every dime coming to you.

Always seek the facts, truth and honesty. Don't let the idiots wear you down.

#9091 4 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

Boutique pinball has a couple of big black eyes. Its much bigger brother "pinball" is doing just fine.

#9092 4 years ago

Pinball is pinball.

#9093 4 years ago

Here are some interesting post counts:

1,185 - Iron Man Club
3,677 - Metallica owner's thread
9,093 - Skit-B thread
14,033 - JPOP thread

Predator and Magic Girl get discussed 5 times more than IM and MET, which have shipped thousands. How can that be? Even if those projects had gone as planned, there would be less than 500 of those games.

#9094 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Predator and Magic Girl get discussed 5 times more than IM and MET, which have shipped thousands. How can that be? Even if those projects had gone as planned, there would be less than 500 of those games.

Because the Stern games are made without this drama.

#9095 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

It's almost like they know what they're doing.

#9096 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Yea, and no pre-pay required.

Ken

#9097 4 years ago
Quoted from Code_Blue:

Why aren't people going after the show promoters who allow skitB to come and solicit sales for an unlicensed product the same? Are they culpable as well for failing to further scrutinize skitB's assertions of legitimacy?

Or pinside for that matter?

Funny how people can be so opinionated about virtuapin but not others. I know they have the extra bit about trying to say they were legit... But so did everyone through their actions.

#9098 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Here are some interesting post counts:

I do discuss Metallica a lot. With my friends. Down at the bar. Where we can PLAY it.

Seriously, though, as much drama and fallout as has occurred, I think it's because we're a community. As a community we discuss the good but we also discuss threats. There are obviously a cornucopia of other motivations as well, but I think that's the main one. Ultimately, we care about what is going in the industry and how it affects us and others like us.

#9099 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Why aren't people going after the show promoters who allow skitB to come and solicit sales for an unlicensed product the same

Ayyyyyy, how many of those promoters directly addressed the issue head-on, and were so assured in their response like 'Noah'? I hope he didn't lose any money, but if my (and other Predator 'suckers' bought him some extra equipment, I hope I at least get my blank VP cabinet). But I know I'm part of the "me, me, and more me now" group like our friends out west like to echo.

#9100 4 years ago
Quoted from MagicMako:

I feel like blaming a vendor for not demanding proof of license is not as bad as 250 consumers paying for something without seeing proof of license.

Well, eventually they did. But to the backers' defense, I've listened to the early seminars and podcasts and Kevin Kulek and Aaron Klumpp were convincing enough in the face of questions about the license. They didn't seem rattled or caught off guard. Sadly, the ability to maintain composure like that while lying is a sign of someone who is good at it...

The resurgence of pinball combined with the rise of crowd-sourcing created a perfect storm for this. It's a lesson that pinball has to go through and I'm sure many niche hobbies like ours are going through as well.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 7.95
Various Novelties
Pinball Wheezer
$ 229.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
Hardware
CPR Playfields
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 9.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 149.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
$ 26.95
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
There are 18272 posts in this topic. You are on page 182 of 366.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside