Topic Stats

• 18,301 posts
  • 815 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 29 days ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,544 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

72329539_10219705910182373_6362298985876553728_n (resized).jpg
pirateplayersclub (resized).jpg
case against keith.pdf (PDF preview)
_2_16-21030.pdf (PDF preview)
Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
194b3475e0440b8112afc0ac4ad5bf0ed0e8ec3db63fb4b6748a4f2e06a9865b (resized).jpg
31A053C2-4495-4E3E-980F-E5ADEA02F1DE (resized).jpeg
IMG_2933 (resized).JPG
beetlejuice-shrunken head (resized).jpg
2716720260_bc8966f6b1 (resized).jpg
D460F55E-AD42-43C6-91EB-B8162A84A094.gif
Screenshot_20190103-214734_Facebook (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

86 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 18301 posts in this topic. You are on page 180 of 367.
#8951 4 years ago

No refund for me, but even worse news. I just read tonight that my retirement fund has been hacked affecting 4 million people. I have heard nothing from my retirement fund yet so hopefully my account was not one that got hacked.

#8952 4 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Yep lawyer is certainly upset because Kevin probably has no money and the lawyer is watching his paycheck float away

I remember asking the detective about this. He said that Kevin couldn't use funds in the PayPal account to pay his legal fees as that would be using the funds for something other than it was intended. Larceny by Conversion, which is a felony.
KeithinMI can comment if he wants to, although I understand that's his work and this forum isn't.

#8953 4 years ago

It's obvious ShitB is dumber than a bag of hammers. Sorry, he is

Hatching that non-profit 501c3 scam, he's no better than Jpopadeauce, I don't care who gets what money back

I'm thankful somebody is getting something back

#8954 4 years ago

Just got off the phone with Paypal. The refund was initiated from Skit-B.

#8955 4 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

The ride, never ends...

#8956 4 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

The ride, never ends...

I hope it does Bro... and everyone gets everything back.

#8957 4 years ago
Quoted from Enaud:

I remember asking the detective about this. He said that Kevin couldn't use funds in the PayPal account to pay his legal fees as that would be using the funds for something other than it was intended. Larceny by Conversion, which is a felony.
KeithinMI can comment if he wants to, although I understand that's his work and this forum isn't.

Oh ok that makes me feel better. Thank you for clarifying that. I will update my comment

#8958 4 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

I highly doubt it.

What about the bag holders?

I'm sure the phone rep just sees what it says on the screen.

Not even close to enough $$ to refund everybody and lawyer already denied it

Just be happy you got it

#8959 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Just be happy you got it

I have five friends involved in this circus. I think I will hold off on happiness until they and everyone else gets a refund.

#8960 4 years ago

bad thing here is, altho paypal have refunded whatever the amount was.... pending means, pending that there is the actual funds in that account..... it doesnt draw from anywhere else, except that account.

hopefully for everyone funds clear into accounts and that everyone gets their money ...

#8961 4 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

I have five friends involved in this circus. I think I will hold off on happiness until they and everyone else gets a refund.

You can always split up yours with your friends.

Here's hoping everybody gets one from PayPal

But yeah, it's ok to dance a jig and celebrate

#8962 4 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

bad thing here is, altho paypal have refunded whatever the amount was.... pending means, pending that there is the actual funds in that account..... it doesnt draw from anywhere else, except that account.
hopefully for everyone funds clear into accounts and that everyone gets their money ...

I think PayPal is going to refund everybody based on the fraud committed. Like I said, I know the process was initiated months ago because I was asked to help with the forensic acctg

That's what is happening now. It isn't Kevin or his lawyer pushing the magic refund button

They have zero access to paypal

#8963 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I think PayPal is going to refund everybody based on the fraud committed. Like I said, I know the process was initiated months ago because I was asked to help with the forensic acctg
That's what is happening now. It isn't Kevin or his lawyer pushing the magic refund button
They have zero access to paypal

But would Paypal really want to be the ones deciding who gets refunds and who doesn't if the funds aren't all there still? At the very least there must be a chunk missing from all the chargeback fees. Hard to even guess what's going on here ...

#8964 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

But would Paypal really want to be the ones deciding who gets refunds and who doesn't if the funds aren't all there still? At the very least there must be a chunk missing from all the chargeback fees. Hard to even guess what's going on here ...

I think they are working through all the deposits now based on the "investigation".

There is a WHOLE lot more missing, that's a given, like I said, DumbB gave a ton of it to cabinet guy and I'm sure the lawyer is going after that money, but it's NOT going back to paypal.

Everybody won't get refunded based on what is in the paypal account. That has to be obvious and common sense doesn't it?

Hopefully, the whole thing is so F ed up, pay pal will keep working through the refunds for EVERYBODY.

#8965 4 years ago

No refund. paid by check. build #8

#8966 4 years ago
Quoted from Perspex:

Also interesting, the exchange rate is an older rate ala June '14. Makes sense, I was wondering how that would work.

It's the exchange rate you had when you paid. Not todays rate. Goes back directly to your CC. (well Paypal then your CC).

At least that is how it was for me when I got the refund(not now... some time ago...)

#8973 4 years ago

holly shit batman.. lol.. some please delete some of these

#8974 4 years ago
Quoted from KeithinMI:

My advice: If you haven't received a refund, start a lawsuit and get a judgment and collect it while there's still something to collect. I've seen those kind of "pending" payments from people who have told me that they've "sent" money to me and then the pending transaction gets cancelled b/c there is no money in the paypal account.
My offer is still out there - anyone interested in being more legally proactive, feel free to contact me on here, or on my website http://www.nathanson-law.com and I'll get moving on it right away.
If we get a group of people, I can analyze filing a class-action lawsuit against all of the actors involved.
K

This is one heck of a nice offer - people should take you up on the offer. I am quoting it to get back to it later quicker.

#8975 4 years ago
Quoted from splitskull:

holly shit batman.. lol.. some please delete some of these

Done. Jeez, don't hit enter so many times!!!!

#8977 4 years ago

Advice for those "receiving" refunds via Paypal.

If and when these funds clear. Immediately withdrawal and unlink said account from Paypal, or close Paypal account all together.

You never know if Paypal decides to change their minds or decide they put money back in "wrong" account.

#8978 4 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Advice for those "receiving" refunds via Paypal.
If and when these funds clear. Immediately withdrawal and unlink said account from Paypal, or close Paypal account all together.
You never know if Paypal decides to change their minds or decide they put money back in "wrong" account.

Great advice. They can and will claw the funds back if still in your account. The withdrawal process can take several days if your Paypal account isn't linked to a bank account so in those cases I would suggest sending the funds to another Paypal user (friend, wife/husband, etc.).

#8979 4 years ago

I think it's Kevin refunding the stuff sitting in his basement eating cheetos scared shitless that he's going to spend the next 15 years in prison if he doesn't pay most of this back. If paypal was doing it, they would have just refunded all of it and been done with it. Since it's so half-assed (some refunds, some people get half back, some people get the deposit back, some don't) it sounds like Kevin's got a steno pad and a pencil and is trying to figure out who to click 'refund' on. This is the type of stuff this guy does.

He's not telling the lawyer because the lawyer's trying to keep as much money as possible for himself, ultimately, right? The lawyer's telling Kev (probably) that he's alright, won't have any criminal problems etc. and lets fight this, and Kev's probably shaking in his boots, especially after one guy already dragged his ass into court last week.

#8980 4 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Even closing your Paypal account won't help.

The MOMENT those funds clear, withdraw them and close the associated BANK account.

Open a new bank account, and never link your bank account to Paypal again.

#8981 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I highly doubt it.
What about the bag holders?
I'm sure the phone rep just sees what it says on the screen.
Not even close to enough $$ to refund everybody and lawyer already denied it
Just be happy you got it

Maybe you're right and the PayPal rep doesn't know it's paypal doing the refunds, but it is not at all a stretch to believe these refunds could be coming from Kevin -- he has proven himself a moron, and now he's a scared moron. You say he wouldn't hire a lawyer and then not communicate or cooperate fully with him? Please. How well did he cooperate and communicate with his investors? Or with Fox? Or with anyone else? This seems like classic Kevin, randomly issuing refunds at 3am without telling anyone.

His lawyer is saying pretty clearly (in lawyer-eeze) that he has no intention of giving back a dime. Every word he says telegraphs his intention to draw this out absolutely forever, and consume every penny. If somehow Kevin is doing this, he is pissing off his lawyer.

#8982 4 years ago

I thought the paypal account was suspended? If that's the case, it can't be Kevin issuing refunds. Can it?

#8983 4 years ago

Paypal is a multi-million dollar enterprise. They can soak up their losses

It is in their best interest to refund *all* payments process by them, for lack of delivery.

As we know, SkitB has not demonstrated even one delivery of 'goods'.

For Paypal not do return the monies, it would tie them to the appearance of facilitating a crime.

#8984 4 years ago

Just an FYI. I checked the Michigan Department of Consumer Services (affectionately referred to as LARA [licensing and regulatory affairs]). There is no "SkitB" registered as a corporation, limited liability company, partnership, or limited liability partnership. Additionally, as far as my research shows, there is not even a filing in the county where Kevin lives where he's registered SkitB Pinball as an assumed name of himself (or of anyone else).

I did some further digging (because I have friends in low places) [feeble attempt at humor], and there is no 501(c)(3) application in place for Kevin or SkitB Pinball at the IRS, as far as I've found.

#8985 4 years ago
Quoted from scott_freeman:

Paypal is a multi-million dollar enterprise. They can soak up their losses
It is in their best interest to refund *all* payments process by them, for lack of delivery.
As we know, SkitB has not demonstrated even one delivery of 'goods'.
For Paypal not do return the monies, it would tie them to the appearance of facilitating a crime.

Didn't PP just recently separate from Ebay? Maybe PP trying to clean up their act?

#8986 4 years ago

pred.JPG

Downloaded a movie called Predator Dark Ages and the movie was prefaced with this.
Perhaps Kevin should have approached it the same way?!?!?! LOL
Replace the words MOVIE with PINBALL and there you go.
Just thought I'd share.

#8987 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekie:

Maybe PP trying to clean up their act?

Impossible - they are one of the worst companies out there. No amount of scrubbing is going to get that POS clean

#8988 4 years ago
Quoted from KeithinMI:

Just an FYI. I checked the Michigan Department of Consumer Services (affectionately referred to as LARA [licensing and regulatory affairs]). There is no "SkitB" registered as a corporation, limited liability company, partnership, or limited liability partnership. Additionally, as far as my research shows, there is not even a filing in the county where Kevin lives where he's registered SkitB Pinball as an assumed name of himself (or of anyone else).
I did some further digging (because I have friends in low places) [feeble attempt at humor], and there is no 501(c)(3) application in place for Kevin or SkitB Pinball at the IRS, as far as I've found.

I can't remember who, but someone also found out this was the case. That's why in that laundry list of quotes I posted I included statements he made about being a NP. I'm not sure if claiming to be a non-profit when selling something is fraud or not, but it sounds like it might be. Regardless, it means his personal assets are at stake.

What about Zidware/Jpop?

#8989 4 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

pred.JPG
Downloaded a movie called Predator Dark Ages and the movie was prefaced with this.
Perhaps Kevin should have approached it the same way?!?!?! LOL
Replace the words MOVIE with PINBALL and there you go.
Just thought I'd share.

If they were actually selling copies of the movie for cash then you might have a comparable example

Interesting though...

#8990 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

If they were actually selling copies of the movie for cash then you might have a comparable example

that is the whole point and I think where Kevin first fell off the rails. If you want to do a fan thing, and you are doing it non-profit, you are typically going to be okay under fair use. Once you start selling it, well, that then crosses the line. I think if Kevin did talk to someone at Fox early on, and got that type of a message, he mis-understood it and thought he would be okay. I have no doubt that along the way he learned that was not the case, but decided to keep on going, and at that point is when this turned from being naive to criminal.

"oh what a tangled web we weave, when we first practice to deceive" -- Sir Walter Scott

#8991 4 years ago

Ignorantia juris non excusat

#8992 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

that is the whole point and I think where Kevin first fell off the rails. If you want to do a fan thing, and you are doing it non-profit, you are typically going to be okay under fair use. Once you start selling it, well, that then crosses the line. I think if Kevin did talk to someone at Fox early on, and got that type of a message, he mis-understood it and thought he would be okay. I have no doubt that along the way he learned that was not the case, but decided to keep on going, and at that point is when this turned from being naive to criminal.
"oh what a tangled web we weave, when we first practice to deceive" -- Sir Walter Scott

Makes sense. FOX: "sure you can make a fan project... as long as no profits are involved" KEVIN (thinks):"ok so I make it and call myself a non-profit... damn I'm smart!"

This would explain how the whole odd notion of being a "non-profit" might have evolved...

#8993 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Why would PayPal, or anybody involved here, hire you for this? You're a financial advisor... According to your web page you don't list this as one of your services nor do you have a history with forensic accounting.

I'm curious why they sought you.

#8994 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Makes sense. FOX: "sure you can make a fan project... as long as no profits are involved" KEVIN (thinks):"ok so I make it and call myself a non-profit... damn I'm smart!"
This would explain how the whole odd notion of being a "non-profit" might have evolved...

Yep. Laughably ignorant of real-world business. Willfully, I gotta believe. He had to know deep down that there was no way capitalism actually worked like that. I think he just thought he could get away with it if he didn't attract too much attention.

#8995 4 years ago

Spent quite a bit of time this evening getting caught up on this thread. I am delighted to hear that some of you have gotten refunds. (Great news, Jim!) I'll keep hope alive that that happens for everyone else. It's no consolation, I know, but you guys are always welcome to come to our place and play our pins.

#8996 4 years ago

The "linked games" to this thread gave me a good chuckle....

"Big House"...."Iron Balls" (wha??)...."Punk!"....."Pyramid"...etc.

#8997 4 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

The "linked games" to this thread gave me a good chuckle....
"Big House"...."Iron Balls" (wha??)...."Punk!"....."Pyramid"...etc.

That is hilarious, thanks for pointing that out!

#8998 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I think they are working through all the deposits now based on the "investigation".
There is a WHOLE lot more missing, that's a given, like I said, DumbB gave a ton of it to cabinet guy and I'm sure the lawyer is going after that money, but it's NOT going back to paypal.
Everybody won't get refunded based on what is in the paypal account. That has to be obvious and common sense doesn't it?
Hopefully, the whole thing is so F ed up, pay pal will keep working through the refunds for EVERYBODY.

The plot thickens. The Jpop vendors have been vocal on what was done and SkitB vendors have been pretty quite about it all. I think some were hood winked. It sounds like some may have had there hand pretty deep in the cookie jar? Or are they waiting for a judgement?

#8999 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekie:

The plot thickens. The Jpop vendors have been vocal on what was done and SkitB vendors have been pretty quite about it all. I think some were hood winked. It sounds like some may have had there hand pretty deep in the cookie jar? Or are they waiting for a judgement?

waiting to sell more parts, tis all...

#9000 4 years ago

I'm not sure why the 'cabinet guy' keeps coming up. The 'cabinet guy' is a company, VirtuaPin Cabinets, Inc, not some dude building cabinets in his garage. We were contracted to do a job, that's it.

Since 2013, we've started and stopped production on these cabinets 5 or 6 times, hired and trained staff FOR the job, moved into a larger facility to better handle the job, and purchased equipment and materials to finish the job. THOUSANDS of dollars were pissed away and bridges burned with suppliers for a job that never actually took place.

We will be more than happy to complete the job whenever Skit-B is ready. Until then, we've been burned just like everyone else on this project.

Thank you.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 2.00
Various Other Swag
Project Pinball Charity
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Art Prints
$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing
$ 10.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 25.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
£ 79.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Deadpool Premium Out of stock
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 25.00
Apparel - Unisex
The Flipper Room
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 45.99
$ 26.50
There are 18301 posts in this topic. You are on page 180 of 367.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside