Topic Stats

• 18,272 posts
  • 815 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,540 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
194b3475e0440b8112afc0ac4ad5bf0ed0e8ec3db63fb4b6748a4f2e06a9865b (resized).jpg
31A053C2-4495-4E3E-980F-E5ADEA02F1DE (resized).jpeg
IMG_2933 (resized).JPG
beetlejuice-shrunken head (resized).jpg
2716720260_bc8966f6b1 (resized).jpg
D460F55E-AD42-43C6-91EB-B8162A84A094.gif
Screenshot_20190103-214734_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20181108-174321 (resized).png
Fife Appeal Sept 24 2018.pdf (PDF preview)
cat ooo 2.gif
7332539.attach (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

86 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 18272 posts in this topic. You are on page 176 of 366.
#8751 4 years ago
Quoted from Hitch9:

I don't want to be a 'downer', but didn't they say they were "working on getting the license" from Fox, to the authorities ? If you get a confirmation that they don't have the license, all they have to say is, "Yes, that is right, but we are working with Fox"

That's what I want to confirm. Yes they are licensed/no they are not licensed/they are working on it. I think we all know what the answer is (no).
Not sure if they will even talk to me, but I'm going to try.
Just wanting to have that information that we've all needed for so long.

#8752 4 years ago
Quoted from Enaud:

I think a better track would be to contact Fox and see if you can get a statement that no license is or will be produced for Kevin. With that evidence you'll be set to site those consumer protection laws I pointed out earlier as a roadblock to him producing the merchandise, and thus, his inability to deliver. Thus, warranting your refund.

It sounded like the small claims judge wasn't swayed by that BS and still issued a judgment in your favor for your full payment though, right? Not that it would hurt to get another statement from Fox, but it may not be necessary to get a small claims judgment.

Of course getting paid on those judgments is another matter, which may be where bankruptcy comes in.

#8753 4 years ago
Quoted from Russo121:

Its clear this is all BS. Kevin repeatedly mentioned that he would refund our money on multiple occasions but no, it was another lie. Looks like the lies are going to continue for quite some time.

Agree, I don't think he knows how to tell the truth, maybe we should force him into bankruptcy before he's prepared for it. Quit letting him call all the shots.

#8754 4 years ago
Quoted from Enaud:

Unfortunately "Enaud" has fallen victim to the same hysteria, believing that what he is reading on the internet is true, when it is not.

Right, because it's been more than 2 months since we heard this. "The refund process is expected to be swift and completed very soon." -Kevin Kulek

Which is the last thing we heard.

#8755 4 years ago

On March 22nd, 2015 I wrote Kevin Kulek to ask about a refund for a local pinhead.

On March 23rd, 2015, Kevin Kulek wrote to me:

"Refunds are being processed with ****'s having a personal expedite placed on it. I thank you for your understanding in this matter."

#8756 4 years ago
Quoted from Enaud:

That's what I want to confirm. Yes they are licensed/no they are not licensed/they are working on it. I think we all know what the answer is (no).
Not sure if they will even talk to me, but I'm going to try.
Just wanting to have that information that we've all needed for so long.

It's worth the old college try, but my guess is Fox isn't going to do anyone any favors. If it comes from (your) lawyer, then maybe.

#8757 4 years ago
Quoted from Enaud:

FOX is probably not allowed to give you any confirmation about anything - unless you are a business looking to license something or have a court order.

#8758 4 years ago

I'm sure they will have no problem. I mean they released the information to the AG from the beginning saying there was no license.

#8759 4 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

I'm sure they will have no problem. I mean they released the information to the AG from the beginning saying there was no license.

Maybe, maybe not. The way I read the AG stuff is that Fox worked with them to get enough info on Skit-B to slap them down, i.e. the AG was doing legwork for Fox. That would have been the time for some quid pro quo and obtaining such as a letter as would now be desired.

#8760 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

But seriously dude... no AC in PA??? There just might be more entertaining ways to punish your new wife

Actually we frequently enjoy Jay's AC over at PinCrossing, which is a pleasant 20 min drive through the forest from us. It is, however, one of the machines that will eventually be on location here. =)

Gonna start with an EM though, I finally decided. Work my way up while I refresh my soldering skills.

edit: oh wait, you meant air conditioning, not AC/DC. lol yeah i broke that habit about 6 years ago. a dehumidifier and a fan, man... you don't sweat nearly as much once your body acclimates to it.

#8761 4 years ago

When I read the stuff that went on in court, it makes me wonder wether he is a sociopath, psychopath or just a compulsive liar. Based on test below, I'm leaning towards sociopath.

A sociopath is defined as having 3 or more of the following traits:

Regularly breaks or flaunts the law
Constantly lies and deceives others
Is impulsive and doesn’t plan ahead
Can be prone to fighting and aggressiveness
Has little regard for the safety of others
Irresponsible, can’t meet financial obligations
Doesn’t feel remorse or guilt

Not saying I would rule out him being a psychopath either, which is very similar

#8762 4 years ago
Quoted from Enaud:

In addition, we are examining the requests for refunds, including "Enaud's" related to this Complaint, to determine if there is a waitlist person to take his spot and what, if any fees, will be deducted from his monies consistent with the terms

Disgusting.

Question: why hasn't Kevin had to answer that he never had the license and collected monies on a false premise. I don't see how that is getting glossed over.

#8763 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

When I read the stuff that went on in court, it makes me wonder wether he is a sociopath, psychopath or just a compulsive liar. Based on test below, I'm leaning towards sociopath.

Hmm, got some insight into my GF's daughter.

#8764 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Regularly breaks or flaunts the law
Constantly lies and deceives others
Is impulsive and doesn’t plan ahead
Can be prone to fighting and aggressiveness
Has little regard for the safety of others
Irresponsible, can’t meet financial obligations
Doesn’t feel remorse or guilt
Not saying I would rule out him being a psychopath either, which is very similar

Today I learned I'm a sociopath.

#8765 4 years ago
Quoted from asay:

Today I learned I'm a sociopath.

Hah! Me too! Sweet!

#8766 4 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Disgusting.
Question: why hasn't Kevin had to answer that he never had the license and collected monies on a false premise. I don't see how that is getting glossed over.

Because when question he says he did, sort of, but not really. er ah 1/2 truth.

#8767 4 years ago

There are two basic ways to "misdirect" your audience; one is time-sensitive, the other isn't.

Kevin needed time to move assets around and put time distance from the move? So now when question when do you buy this he can a long time ago. Why else would he be stalling. The time he has the better off it is for him.
Is it true a house is only in his wife's name and it was purchased last year? Does she even have a job?
Are his debts also his debts?

#8768 4 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Disgusting.

Had a criminal attorney done legwork to document Kevin's activities, cited the specific laws and handed the result on a silver platter to the DA/Law enforcement, maybe things would be different. A complaint raised by regular folk that isn't a slam dunk just isn't going to get traction.

#8769 4 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

I think the problem here is that he believes, based on some conversation with some peon at 'fox', that he was within legal rights to do it under fair use. Accordingly, he will claim he believed he did have the license when he was stating such, and it was only much later that he learned what he was doing was not acceptable from a licensing standpoint. Which is then followed by the 'now that we know this we are trying to get the proper license', BS

#8770 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

I think the problem here is that he believes, based on some conversation with some peon at 'fox', that he was within legal rights to do it under fair use. Accordingly, he will claim he believed he did have the license when he was stating such, and it was only much later that he learned what he was doing was not acceptable from a licensing standpoint. Which is then followed by the 'now that we know this we are trying to get the proper license', BS

None of that matters, he had no license and said he did, he even made up stories about working with Fox and going through the approval process for the artwork etc. on the Pinheadz podcast. He is a fraud and it's all documented. If he believed he could do this under something some shmoe said about fair use, that's what he would have to say when collecting money. Not "yes, we have a license with fox to make predator pinball."

#8771 4 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

None of that matters, he had no license and said he did, he even made up stories about working with Fox

I'm just saying that is his story, and why this not as cut and dry in a court of law as we would like it to be. Yes, we all believe he was lying about it, but unfortunately that does not mean a court of law will see it the same way, and clearly so far the authorities have chosen not to consider this a crime

#8772 4 years ago

Well, my day has been an exciting day to say the least. No, I didn't get a refund but I do have some interesting information to share.

Quoted from vid1900:

FOX is probably not allowed to give you any confirmation about anything - unless you are a business looking to license something or have a court order.

Maybe since I did go to court, he was receptive? Maybe I'm just good looking?

Quoted from Skins:

Disgusting.

I think it could, should he file for bankruptcy. "False Pretense" would make his debts non-dischargeable. I think this will come to light as this is a violation of the Michigan Consumer Protection Act 331 of 1976 445.903 Sec. 3.

Quoted from rosh:

I think he has just lied, that's all. He has perjured himself in small claims court last week. I was there and heard what he said.

Okay, here's what happened today. I left a voicemail this morning, and Bryce was kind enough to return my call this afternoon. He was very kind and we had a very pleasant conversation. In fact, he was ***MOST*** interested in the fact that I had Mr. Kulek's attorney contact information. I have sent that to him, as well as all my small claims court documentation, and I suspect that they are going to have a come to Jesus meeting very soon.
Now, this may be exciting, but let's not raise hell. Please don't start bombarding Fox, or Kevin, or his attorney with calls and emails. I am in the process of collection information and documentation that I will gladly share with the customers that can be submitted as evidence in legal proceedings. So, please be patient. The wheels of justice are slow.
I think that the end game may be not too far off, although it may mean no money for anyone. Who knows if there is any there?

Anyway, I'm copying and pasting my email to Bryce at Fox (again please don't contact him, I will give you whatever information you need.)

Hi Bryce,
Thanks so much for returning my call this afternoon. The information you shared with me concerning (1) the lack of any license being acquired by Mr. Kulek, (2) the fact that no license will be granted in the future, and (3) the statement of the issuance of the multiple Cease and Desist Notices that have been sent to Mr. Kulek will hopefully provide his attorney with the information necessary to begin processing refunds for the customers without further delay.
As we discussed, I was awarded judgment on May 19, 2015, in a small claims hearing with Mr. Kulek in Midland, Michigan (Case No. 15-36333-SC). I am hopeful that the judgment payment will be received.
Please find the attached documents that I used in presenting my case before Magistrate Ladwig. Also, note the attachment referencing the Michigan Consumer Protection Act 331 of 1976 statutes that I believe Mr. Kulek has violated.
There is also a link to an audio presentation at the 2012 Chicago Pinball Exposition in which Mr. Kulek claimed to have secured licensing from Fox, as a means to solicit customers to deposit funds to pre-order the product being marketed.

I believe the statement that “negotiations” with Fox are in process may be in use as a stall tactic to delay refunding the customers.

I only have a hard copy of Mr. Kulek’s attorney response to the Consumer Complaint I filed with the Michigan Attorney General (2015-cp03302227065-A). I will scan that first thing on Monday morning and email that to you.
From that response, I discovered who Mr. Kulek’s attorney is. The following is Mr. Kulek’s attorney contact information:
The Law Firm PLLC
Jon T. Emaus, Managing Partner
8163 Grand River Rd.
Ste. 300
Brighton, MI 48114
810-227-1700

If you would be so kind, I would appreciate a written response from you confirming Mr. Kulek’s licensing status: in process/negotiations underway/pending, acquired or denied; as this may be necessary to be submitted as evidence should additional legal proceedings be warranted.

Thanks so much, again, for your time and assistance in this matter.

Sincerely,
"Enaud"

I will keep you all posted as I learn more.
Cheers!

#8773 4 years ago
Quoted from Enaud:

Well, my day has been an exciting day to say the least. No, I didn't get a refund but I do have some interesting information to share.

I'm really happy that you are doing the leg work to get this pushed forward. I hope you nail the prick.

#8774 4 years ago

Great job Enaud!

Please keep us posted. I do not want to cause issue with other things I have been working on independently so I will hit pause on some connections I was planning to make.

I will say that I think it is important to not post as much in the public forum space as we do not want Kevin to have this information up front so he can prepare to lie to his lawyer, judges, cops, etc...

I am not sure of the best way to disseminate it out to those that need it, but I sure Kevin is still reading everything we type here.

I wonder if Moderators may be willing to provide us with a separate owners forum where vetted people can gain access?

Maybe a private facebook group?

just spitballing here.

#8775 4 years ago

Enaud, if you are ever in MN for any period of time, dinner and drinks are on me brother!

#8776 4 years ago

I understand your concern, Whysnow, and considered it myself, before posting. But this is nothing that Kevin doesn't already know. By making it public, this might force his hand. Hopefully we can get the two attorney's in contact with each other for a resolution, as Kevin is unreachable.

I can move all this to PM if others would prefer.

Thanks for the input!

#8777 4 years ago
Quoted from Enaud:

Well, my day has been an exciting day to say the least.

Great job man! Kudos.

#8778 4 years ago

Thanks for the update Enaud. Hopefully Bryce calls Kevin a liar for us.

#8779 4 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

None of that matters, he had no license and said he did, he even made up stories about working with Fox and going through the approval process for the artwork etc. on the Pinheadz podcast. He is a fraud and it's all documented. If he believed he could do this under something some shmoe said about fair use, that's what he would have to say when collecting money. Not "yes, we have a license with fox to make Predator pinball."

Correct. He was asked directly at one seminar how they managed to get the license and they went into quite a bit of detail about how they went about it. At one point, even stating something to the effect of, "We have some good friends" (implying connections). That seminar included Aaron Klumpp. They were bold-faced lies.

At the start of the last thread Kevin said, the game was "fully licensed".

Even with a claim of "fair use" that's a different thing from a license. When used as a selling point, the distinction becomes important.

As I said, had an attorney really done the legwork to document the timeline and claims, the local law enforcement and FBI might have given it different treatment. I'm not suggesting Predator pre-orderers are to blame for this, just one of the facts of life of the legal system.

#8780 4 years ago

LEO and FBI are not going to do the legwork on what sounds to them like a civil case rather than criminal because they have priorities and this isn't one of them. Major applause for Enaud and his efforts - sounds like the fuse may finally be lit.

#8781 4 years ago

Enaud you are doing a heck of a job.

Found link to Predator shooting whitewood, and bones of the game look really good....drool. Of course this was in the honeymoon days. https://www.youtube.com/embed/zrKeDTF6i5Q?autoplay=1&rel=0 Now I really want one..

#8782 4 years ago
Quoted from Enaud:

Bryce was kind enough to return my call this afternoon. He was very kind and we had a very pleasant conversation. In fact, he was ***MOST*** interested in the fact that I had Mr. Kulek's attorney contact information.

I can only hope that he'll be sending the C&D's to Kevin's lawyer, which will officially end this. I'm sure right now Kevin's lawyer is just repeating Kevin's lies about there possibly being a deal since he doesn't know otherwise.

#8783 4 years ago

Enaud,

If you have any out of pocket expenses for going above and beyond helping the rest of us let me know. I would like to help offset any cost to you. Weather it phone bills, paper or what not.
If we ever meet up, dinner is on me.

#8784 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekie:

Enaud,
If you have any out of pocket expenses for going above and beyond helping the rest of us let me know. I would like to help offset any cost to you. Weather it phone bills, paper or what not.
If we ever meet up, dinner is on me.

You know...it's pinsiders like you that restore my faith in here...I took a self imposed hiatus from pinside for almost two years partially because I got tired of the pettiness and bickering...the last couple of days I've experienced the low side of pinside from a couple of people who want to argue for the sake of arguing and I was thinking it's time to step away again. But then I read your post and realize there's good people here too.

#8785 4 years ago

So, lying to a Federal agent, that might be an issue huh?

#8786 4 years ago

A felony.

#8787 4 years ago

Best of luck Enaud. Your intentions seem very well placed. Not money oriented, just hoping for oh, I dunno, actual truth about what happened. Seems stall tactic from Kulek's defense may backfire if Fox licensing says what we think they will.

New shit has come to light for plaintiff.

Let's say pieces come to play and it's checkmate. Another court date? Reopen case? what happens when defense perjured itself.

#8788 4 years ago

Maybe Kevin's wife could do a photo shoot of all the guys in on the pre order....???
Kinda like a class picture ... I wonder what she would charge for this ???

#8789 4 years ago
Quoted from jasonp:

I wonder what she would charge for this ???

$15,995.

#8790 4 years ago

How in the world is what he has done not a crime? Smoke some pot, go to jail. Steal hundreds of thousands of dollars, do not go to jail.

#8791 4 years ago

Good Guy Alert: Keven Kulek

Mom

P.S. I did what you told me to do Kevin, Now quit playing that damn pinball and get upstairs and get your dinner before it gets cold!

#8792 4 years ago

If any Predator buyer is interested in starting a class-action lawsuit in Michigan, I am a practicing attorney here in Michigan and would discuss the matter with you, at no charge for the initial consultation. Please feel free to private message me here, and I will give you my contact information.

I see MCPA violations, fraud, and several other counts that could be raised.

#8793 4 years ago
Quoted from KeithinMI:

If any Predator buyer is interested in starting a class-action lawsuit in Michigan, I am a practicing attorney here in Michigan and would discuss the matter with you, at no charge for the initial consultation. Please feel free to private message me here, and I will give you my contact information.
I see MCPA violations, fraud, and several other counts that could be raised.

Here is a post where I found several instances of Kevin making what seem like fraudulent or misleading statements:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-skit-b-predator-discussion?tq&tu=jonnyo#post-2388928

#8794 4 years ago

At this stage do we require an attorney to act as a collection agency?
I think Kevin's attorney is already charged with this task (processing refunds to customers).

#8795 4 years ago
Quoted from Enaud:

At this stage do we require an attorney to act as a collection agency?
I think Kevin's attorney is already charged with this task (processing refunds to customers).

Did the court actually order his attorney to do this? From your accounting of the proceedings, the line the attorney gave the judge was that refunds would go out in 60-90 days. That statement of intent doesn't necessarily mean the attorney is under any sort of legal obligation, nor that pre-orderers have a "defacto" judgement. He may not even be Kevin's attorney in 2 months. He may have simply said that at that time to protect his client (Kevin) and buy him some time.

#8796 4 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

Did the court actually order his attorney to do this? From your accounting of the proceedings, the line the attorney gave the judge was that refunds would go out in 60-90 days. That statement of intent doesn't necessarily mean the attorney is under any sort of legal obligation, nor that pre-orderers have a "defacto" judgement. He may not even be Kevin's attorney in 2 months. He may have simply said that at that time to protect his client (Kevin) and buy him some time.

I just find the offer for attorney representation at this time to be a bit offensive. Pardon me. The legal work to conclude that refunds are due is done. The issue now is refunds to customers, if in fact any money is even there. I don't like the idea of an attorney coming in and collecting fees at this juncture, for work that has already been concluded. Refunds are due. You can make reference to my small claims court ruling. The issue is getting refunds disbursed, not proving wrongdoing.
Make a call to Kevin's attorney and ask him yourself. You don't need someone to represent you to find out if his attorney plans to work on getting the refunds processed to you. You'll save yourself some money there if you do.
You can make an effort yourself instead of relying on others to do it for you.

(Sorry if that offends you. But, I've had enough of this idea of getting someone else to do the work for me.)

#8797 4 years ago
Quoted from Enaud:

I just find the offer for attorney representation at this time to be a bit offensive. Pardon me. The legal work to conclude that refunds are due is done. The issue now is refunds to customers, if in fact any money is even there. I don't like the idea of an attorney coming in and collecting fees at this juncture, for work that has already been concluded. Refunds are due. You can make reference to my small claims court ruling. The issue is getting refunds disbursed, not proving wrongdoing.
Make a call to Kevin's attorney and ask him yourself. You don't need someone to represent you to find out if his attorney plans to work on getting the refunds processed to you. You'll save yourself some money there if you do.
(Sorry if that offends you. But, I've had enough of this idea of getting someone else to do the work for me.)

I wasn't offended just trying to get clarification on where things really stand.

#8798 4 years ago

We should know "in just a few short days". I'm sorry to have to say that. But I think this time it's a true statement.

#8799 4 years ago
Quoted from KeithinMI:

Sorry, but this is not accurate.

Your judgment in a small claims matter has no bearing on anyone but you and Kevin Kulek. Nobody else was a party to that lawsuit. Nobody else can collect on that judgment except you.

Everyone else needs a judgment against Kevin as well, unless they want to take the risk that he will just voluntarily give them a refund. You know, like he said he would do and planned on having them all sent out many weeks ago now.

#8800 4 years ago

And Kevin's lawyer works for KEVIN... NOT the Predator buyers.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
$ 25.00
Apparel - Unisex
Project Pinball Charity
$ 3.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 12.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 109.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 18.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 159.00
$ 7,499.00
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 499.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Great American Pinball
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 40.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 74.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 149.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 18272 posts in this topic. You are on page 176 of 366.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside