Topic Stats

• 18,272 posts
  • 815 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 days ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,540 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
194b3475e0440b8112afc0ac4ad5bf0ed0e8ec3db63fb4b6748a4f2e06a9865b (resized).jpg
31A053C2-4495-4E3E-980F-E5ADEA02F1DE (resized).jpeg
IMG_2933 (resized).JPG
beetlejuice-shrunken head (resized).jpg
2716720260_bc8966f6b1 (resized).jpg
D460F55E-AD42-43C6-91EB-B8162A84A094.gif
Screenshot_20190103-214734_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20181108-174321 (resized).png
Fife Appeal Sept 24 2018.pdf (PDF preview)
cat ooo 2.gif
7332539.attach (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

86 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 18272 posts in this topic. You are on page 170 of 366.
#8451 4 years ago

Watch what? It's not like he's going to show up.

#8452 4 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Watch what? It's not like he's going to show up.

Yeah, I'd be very surprised if he actually shows up.

I see a default Judgment coming.

#8453 4 years ago

I'm most interested in the collection aspect of the ruling

#8454 4 years ago

I expect a default judgment as well.
Called the detective today and left voicemail for a callback. And he replied in the same way that Kevin is replying.
I doubt that Kevin will show up for the court session. But hell, I paid by check, what else can I do???

#8455 4 years ago
Quoted from Enaud:

I expect a default judgment as well.
Called the detective today and left voicemail for a callback. And he replied in the same way that Kevin is replying.
I doubt that Kevin will show up for the court session. But hell, I paid by check, what else can I do???

I know he has a lawyer so I'd be a little surprised if even he didn't show up (the lawyer). Assuming it is a default judgement I assume that would mean a 100% refund? So how does that work for folks who are last to have their civil case heard? Does Kevin need to refund people 100% until the money he has left runs out? (and thus, the last to have their case heard get screwed?)

#8456 4 years ago

Once you get a judgment ... Then you GET to collect. In this case ... It will be a pleasure .

#8457 4 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

Once you get a judgment ... Then you GET to collect. In this case ... It will be a pleasure .

But collecting is like getting blood from a turnip. I'll have to wait 21 days file more legal forms to have a discovery of property made. Then the court will force liquidation of assets. So, this time next year, we might get a resolution, if we're lucky.

If I can hook up with the detective I'm going to pursue a criminal arrest if I don't get a settlement.

#8458 4 years ago
Quoted from Enaud:

But collecting is like getting blood from a turnip. I'll have to wait 21 days file more legal forms to have a discovery of property made. Then the court will force liquidation of assets. So, this time next year, we might get a resolution, if we're lucky.
If I can hook up with the detective I'm going to pursue a criminal arrest if I don't get a settlement.

You would want to do a Judgment Debtor exam. He will be required to appear for that. If he doesn't, a bench warrant can be issued for his arrest (at least in California).

This is a very useful tool.

#8459 4 years ago
Quoted from Enaud:

Best wishes for a win next week. I don't know you personally and live no where near any of this, but if there is anything I can do to help you out, please let me know.

#8460 4 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

I know he has a lawyer so I'd be a little surprised if even he didn't show up (the lawyer). Assuming it is a default judgement I assume that would mean a 100% refund? So how does that work for folks who are last to have their civil case heard? Does Kevin need to refund people 100% until the money he has left runs out? (and thus, the last to have their case heard get screwed?)

he won't need to pay back the rest of the money, he's still building machines for people who have told him privately they are "still in" and want their pin. Between that and people who just give up, he'll get by.

#8461 4 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

he won't need to pay back the rest of the money, he's still building machines for people who have told him privately they are "still in" and want their pin. Between that and people who just give up, he'll get by.

If this is true he's bordering on insane. I was over at VirtuaPin's (Paul's) shop last week and can confirm Kevin took all of the Predator cabs (6) and has the playfields (and presumably other parts) to build at least that money. But if he does, he's an idiot for not washing his hands of this.

#8462 4 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

If this is true he's bordering on insane. I was over at VirtuaPin's (Paul's) shop last week and can confirm Kevin took all of the Predator cabs (6) and has the playfields (and presumably other parts) to build at least that money. But if he does, he's an idiot for not washing his hands of this.

#8463 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

You would want to do a Judgment Debtor exam. He will be required to appear for that. If he doesn't, a bench warrant can be issued for his arrest (at least in California).
This is a very useful tool.

Thanks for the info, RobT. This applies in Michigan as well. This is what happens after that 21 days I mentioned earlier. Some may think this is just too frustrating. But that's what Kevin is hoping for: that folks won't think it's worth the trouble to go through this.
Don't give up people! Drag him through the court system and make him pay!

#8464 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

You would want to do a Judgment Debtor exam. He will be required to appear for that. If he doesn't, a bench warrant can be issued for his arrest

Rob, I think it is great when you offer advice like this . . er . . . "information". This could be helpful to a lot of guys.

Mike in Kentucky

#8465 4 years ago
Quoted from Enaud:

It's small claims court.

Oh shit, ok. I thought you were talking about the FBI case.

#8466 4 years ago

Anyone have any info for us international buyers on how to start a claim against Kevin whilst in another country?

I personally will jump through any hoops and go through any amount of frustrating legal crap to get a result on this. I'm also sure there are many others that would do so too.

#8467 4 years ago
Quoted from Russo121:

Anyone have any info for us international buyers on how to start a claim against Kevin whilst in another country?
I personally will jump through any hoops and go through any amount of frustrating legal crap to get a result on this. I'm also sure there are many others that would do so too.

Count me in too.

The legendary British - French alliance

#8468 4 years ago
Quoted from Enaud:

If there's still money in the paypal account, that might be your best bet with a judgement in hand and the proper paperwork.

#8469 4 years ago

Have you international guys called the local Detective that everyone has been referencing? I don't know anything about international law, but with the FBI involved I would think they would still want to know.

#8470 4 years ago

Spoke with the detective this morning.
One thing that is slowing the investigation down, is jurisdiction. No one that is a resident of Michigan has come forward and filed a complaint!
Come on Michigan victims get your ass in gear!

#8471 4 years ago
Quoted from Enaud:

One thing that is slowing the investigation down, is jurisdiction. No one that is a resident of Michigan has come forward and filed a complaint!

Probably because the Michigan buyers are still hoping to get a machine "under the table" if what labnip says is true.

#8472 4 years ago
Quoted from Enaud:

If any buyer from Michigan needs an incentive to press charges, I will make it worth your time. PM me.

#8473 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

If any buyer from Michigan needs an incentive to press charges, I will make it worth your time. PM me.

I have only heard of one person in Michigan who put anything down and that might be a rumor. Finding somebody might be tougher than you think.

#8474 4 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

I have only heard of one person in Michigan who put anything down and that might be a rumor. Finding somebody might be tougher than you think.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attention-predator-buyers-list/page/2#post-2348616

#8475 4 years ago
Quoted from Russo121:

Provide your info to the detective like everyone else. Americans are not allowed to scam and con foreigners any more than locals. He committed a crime here against you to (at least I think it is a crime, I hope the detective agrees as I know I feel robbed).

#8476 4 years ago

Probably because lots of Michigan pinballers never trusted this project in the first place. I had many discussions with our Michigan guys and everyone I spoke to thought that the game sucked or thought that the project would never get off the ground. I'm sure that's not how everyone felt, but that was the opinion in my social circle. Most of them just plain thought that the game sucked and had no working toys worth spending the money on.

#8477 4 years ago

I thought Pete was in at one time?

#8478 4 years ago

Time to call in the wolf. PMwolf that is.

image.jpg

#8479 4 years ago

Wouldn't that be some shit if he never sold it to anybody in Michigan on purpose?

#8480 4 years ago
Quoted from LyonsRonnie1:

Wouldn't that be some shit if he never sold it to anybody in Michigan on purpose?

I think that's giving him far too much credit.

#8481 4 years ago

I agree he's a complete idiot... i'm just saying... wouldn't that be some shit.

#8482 4 years ago

They would still have the feds doing it if nobody from Michigan filed a complaint. Its just that the detective in Midland would have to turn over his file with all of his hard work to the feds, and they would take all the credit for the prosecution that was a result of Midland's hard work (cop joke...but it used too be true).

#8483 4 years ago

I really hope he tries to build some under the radar, you think that buffoon is in deep shit right now wait till he releases a few into the wild. The man is clearly an idiot but is he really this freakin stupid?

#8484 4 years ago

This Skit B venture is starting to look like a Kaneda thread: "Please...take my money!!"

#8485 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Provide your info to the detective like everyone else. Americans are not allowed to scam and con foreigners any more than locals. He committed a crime here against you to (at least I think it is a crime, I hope the detective agrees as I know I feel robbed).

I have already made a complaint to the detective handling the case. I need to know how to make a claim at court for the money he owes me. Anyone know how to do that outside the US?

#8486 4 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

I really hope he tries to build some under the radar, you think that buffoon is in deep shit right now wait till he releases a few into the wild. The man is clearly an idiot but is he really this freakin stupid?

yes

#8487 4 years ago
Quoted from LyonsRonnie1:

He did, there were a few of us on the pre-order. I was in early until he completely changed up his business model and wanted money up front (other than the $250 to secure your spot). After playing the game at Michigan Expo (thought it was good but not great) and his secrecy over build plans and timing - I walked. I just wasn't comfortable with the whole situation.

Scott

#8488 4 years ago
Quoted from toyboy6:

He did, there were a few of us on the pre-order. I was in early until he completely changed up his business model and wanted money up front (other than the $250 to secure your spot). After playing the game at Michigan Expo (thought it was good but not great) and his secrecy over build plans and timing - I walked. I just wasn't comfortable with the whole situation.
Scott

I wish I would have walked. I sent info to detective.

#8489 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekie:

rommy said:
If you are a victim please gather the following to report to,the detective in midland. Please don't wait. Please call,him right away.
1- all your details, DOB, address, how much you paid, when, how much, in a one page summary email. Include dates! Declare yourself a victim of KKK and here are my details.
2- evidence of any contact you had with KKK - notes from phone calls, recorded messages, and emails. Attach all this to your email.
3- another email attached labeled Web Links where you put links to incriminating videos, podcasts, and websites. There will be lots of duplication but don't worry about that just do it.
I have to make you find his phone number yourself. Detective Brent Benzing with the Midland County Sheriff. Only 5 people have reported today...WTF!?!
Don't lay down for this! Call the detective! Gather info and email the detective ! That information is bullets in his gun.
Right now, as we speak, KKK is relaxing. He DOES have counsel now. They are taking the position that NONE of this is criminal, it's all civil. His position is he never lied, never defrauded. Don't let him do this to us. Help prove to that detective what a rat bastard snitch Kevin Kulek is.
Bump

Don't let him get away from this.

#8490 4 years ago
Quoted from Enaud:

Next Tuesday. I'll be there. I hope Kevin will...

So, today was the day. Did Kevin show up? What happened?

#8491 4 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I wish I would have walked. I sent info to detective.

Just curious, are you a Michigan resident? Doesn anyone know if we have a local complainant?

#8492 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

So, today was the day. Did Kevin show up? What happened?

BTTT

How did it go today Enaud?

#8493 4 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Just curious, are you a Michigan resident? Doesn anyone know if we have a local complainant?

I wish. I'm in PA.

#8494 4 years ago

Wonder what's up with Enaud

#8495 4 years ago

Probably got tied up in an NDA...

#8496 4 years ago

or just picked up his new Predator & prepping it for the drive back home

#8497 4 years ago

Bueller? Bueller?

#8498 4 years ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

Bueller? Bueller?

Everyone is on the Jpop thread wondering if we will get our money back

#8499 4 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Everyone is on the Jpop thread wondering if we will get our money back

Well I think that's been answered now. No, you won't.

Time to go after JPop.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
$ 12.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 199.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 94.00
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 47.00
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D MODS
$ 60.00
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 40.00
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Mods
$ 28.00
$ 42.00
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
Hardware
Pinball Haus
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
There are 18272 posts in this topic. You are on page 170 of 366.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside