Topic Stats

• 18,278 posts
  • 815 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 27 days ago by Mr68
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,540 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
194b3475e0440b8112afc0ac4ad5bf0ed0e8ec3db63fb4b6748a4f2e06a9865b (resized).jpg
31A053C2-4495-4E3E-980F-E5ADEA02F1DE (resized).jpeg
IMG_2933 (resized).JPG
beetlejuice-shrunken head (resized).jpg
2716720260_bc8966f6b1 (resized).jpg
D460F55E-AD42-43C6-91EB-B8162A84A094.gif
Screenshot_20190103-214734_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20181108-174321 (resized).png
Fife Appeal Sept 24 2018.pdf (PDF preview)
cat ooo 2.gif
7332539.attach (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

86 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 18278 posts in this topic. You are on page 166 of 366.
#8251 4 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

Technically, Vonnegut's Midland City was fictional, but if the shoe fits...

So was Predator.

#8252 4 years ago

How does one file a civil suit?

#8253 4 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

Take me with you!!! I wanna see the rest of the world before I die. I'll buff your shoes and lay out your clothes for you.

I will take you on my guided Detroit tour, if you make it this way.

#8254 4 years ago
Quoted from Enaud:

Therefore, if he chooses to declare bankruptcy, the creditors can make the bankruptcy court aware of this and as a result the purchases become a "non dischargeable" debt. This is extremely important if he chooses to file for bankruptcy.
If you want your money back you need to file a civil complaint. Leave it to the Midland County Sheriff to take care of the criminal complaint.
I'm not a lawyer, but I have lots of good lawyer jokes. Let's bring 'em on!

This may be true. Definitely outside my realm of knowledge.

#8255 4 years ago
Quoted from Enaud:

Okay, you're missing the point here. It is CRITICAL that the court is aware that he knew he had no license to legally produce and deliver this merchandise. As such, he acquired the funds under "false pretense". Therefore, if he chooses to declare bankruptcy, the creditors can make the bankruptcy court aware of this and as a result the purchases become a "non dischargeable" debt. This is extremely important if he chooses to file for bankruptcy.
If you want your money back you need to file a civil complaint. Leave it to the Midland County Sheriff to take care of the criminal complaint.

This could be a funny OT thread. Lawyers know all the best lawyer jokes, admitting to knowing any or not. Out of respect for our "Pinlawyer" friends, I will refrain.

#8256 4 years ago

Some people ask how many lawyer jokes are there? The answer is surprising because there are really only three. The rest are true stories.

#8257 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Some people ask how many lawyer jokes are there? The answer is surprising because there are really only three. The rest are true stories.

That might be the best lawyer joke ever.

Tigerlaw drops the mike. No one need pick it back up.

#8258 4 years ago

rommy said:

If you are a victim please gather the following to report to,the detective in midland. Please don't wait. Please call,him right away.
1- all your details, DOB, address, how much you paid, when, how much, in a one page summary email. Include dates! Declare yourself a victim of KKK and here are my details.
2- evidence of any contact you had with KKK - notes from phone calls, recorded messages, and emails. Attach all this to your email.
3- another email attached labeled Web Links where you put links to incriminating videos, podcasts, and websites. There will be lots of duplication but don't worry about that just do it.
I have to make you find his phone number yourself. Detective Brent Benzing with the Midland County Sheriff. Only 5 people have reported today...WTF!?!
Don't lay down for this! Call the detective! Gather info and email the detective ! That information is bullets in his gun.
Right now, as we speak, KKK is relaxing. He DOES have counsel now. They are taking the position that NONE of this is criminal, it's all civil. His position is he never lied, never defrauded. Don't let him do this to us. Help prove to that detective what a rat bastard snitch Kevin Kulek is.

Bump

#8259 4 years ago
Quoted from Enaud:

Okay, you're missing the point here. It is CRITICAL that the court is aware that he knew he had no license to legally produce and deliver this merchandise. As such, he acquired the funds under "false pretense". Therefore, if he chooses to declare bankruptcy, the creditors can make the bankruptcy court aware of this and as a result the purchases become a "non dischargeable" debt. This is extremely important if he chooses to file for bankruptcy.

Couple issues to consider here: 1) A civil complaint will almost certainly result in a judgment being rendered against KK. A civil court will most likely pass no opinion as to if the funds were obtained under "false pretenses". They don't care as long as you can prove that a debt actually exists. They will simply conclude that KK owes you the money, has defaulted on his obligation to repay you, and order him to pay it. It's a positive outcome, but it doesn't address any of the issues you state above.

If/when he files bankruptcy, at that point you will have the opportunity to object to the discharge of your debt/judgment in the bankruptcy proceedings. That's when you would have to argue/make a case for your debt being non-dischargeable due to it being obtained through fraud.

Only criminal prosecution, and the entry of a restitution order by a judge, will result in a debt that is automatically non-dischargeable in bankruptcy. Otherwise you are still probably going to have to argue fraud in the bankruptcy venue.

not a lawyer, but been around the block a few times....

#8260 4 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Vonnegut improves any thread.

(Glances at bio pic) Yup, I agree.

#8261 4 years ago

I see a bunch of new posts since I last read the thread and come in here to see the news that KK was arrested...
but alas... still no.

#8262 4 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

I see a bunch of new posts since I last read the thread and come in here to see the news that KK was arrested...
but alas... still no.

Or Refunded at least 1 person????

#8263 4 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

but alas... still no.

Its a slow process, expect to see something soon.

#8264 4 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Its a slow process, expect to see something soon.

Refunding is hard.

#8265 4 years ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

Refunding is hard.

I didn't mean expect to see money, that isn't happening, im sure its long gone. I assume Kevin Kulek stole my money.

#8266 4 years ago

KC, I'm in the same boat as you. Kevin Kulek stole money from me since he obtained it under false pretenses. I'm hoping the long arm of the law snags him and gives him what he deserves.

I'm also hopeful that all of us involved in this, get our money returned. A fools wish, perhaps but a wish just the same.

#8267 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekie:

rommy said:
If you are a victim please gather the following to report to,the detective in midland. Please don't wait. Please call,him right away.
1- all your details, DOB, address, how much you paid, when, how much, in a one page summary email. Include dates! Declare yourself a victim of KKK and here are my details.
2- evidence of any contact you had with KKK - notes from phone calls, recorded messages, and emails. Attach all this to your email.
3- another email attached labeled Web Links where you put links to incriminating videos, podcasts, and websites. There will be lots of duplication but don't worry about that just do it.
I have to make you find his phone number yourself. Detective Brent Benzing with the Midland County Sheriff. Only 5 people have reported today...WTF!?!
Don't lay down for this! Call the detective! Gather info and email the detective ! That information is bullets in his gun.

Bump
Right now, as we speak, KKK is relaxing. He DOES have counsel now. They are taking the position that NONE of this is criminal, it's all civil. His position is he never lied, never defrauded. Don't let him do this to us. Help prove to that detective what a rat bastard snitch Kevin Kulek is.
Bump

#8268 4 years ago

#8269 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Don't care what people think about KISS... songs like
Detroit Rock City
Strutter
Shout it out Loud
Calling Dr Love
are sweet

Huh?

Is this the longest thread in Pinside history, or close to it?

#8270 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Don't care what people think about KISS... songs like
Detroit Rock City
Strutter
Shout it out Loud
Calling Dr Love
are sweet

...and Beth...

#8271 4 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

Huh?

I believe it is third behind the EM for sale thread and the XMen Club.

#8272 4 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

I didn't mean expect to see money, that isn't happening, im sure its long gone. I assume Kevin Kulek stole my money.

800k+ gone ?

#8273 4 years ago

I finally heard back from Chase. I got a temporary chargeback settlement for my $2750. They wouldn't do my $250 deposit because of the time passed, but when I called them again, they told me to send in a new letter explaining that the deposit was for a machine to be delivered in December of 2014 and that should work. Hopefully that will go through too. Granted, I have to wait 60 days for it to be finalized, but it's a start.

#8274 4 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

Huh?

had clicked on wrong tab when posting

#8275 4 years ago
Quoted from Jedidentist:

I got a temporary chargeback settlement for my $2750.

Great news! Looks like the charge-back is working for some folks.

I'm sure PayPal is not happy with this at all.

#8276 4 years ago

We'll see. Money's been in my account for 3 weeks, but still pending. We'll see.

#8277 4 years ago
Quoted from playboywillis:

We'll see. Money's been in my account for 3 weeks, but still pending. We'll see.

Did you do a credit card chargeback as well?

#8278 4 years ago

Kind of. Visa debit card used to pay paypal.

#8279 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I believe it is third behind the EM for sale thread and the XMen Club.

HA! I like the XMEN thread a lot better. Time to resurrect the good ole XMEN Club thread.

#8280 4 years ago
xmen cable.gif
#8281 4 years ago

The sad thing is, if you had paid KK directly as the merchant, it would be simple to get a chargeback filed with the card issuer and he would easily lose any appeal of that. Having PayPal in the middle makes things more difficult and complex. Hopefully PayPal does the right thing, but PayPal disputes can go either way.

#8282 4 years ago

Grooveshark pulls a Skit-B:

http://grooveshark.com/

grooveshark.png
#8283 4 years ago

The ONLY $ anyone is getting back is from credit card chargebacks. Paypal is denying all claims, but can't do anything when it comes to creditcards.

#8284 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

The ONLY $ anyone is getting back is from credit card chargebacks. Paypal is denying all claims, but can't do anything when it comes to creditcards.

I thought playboywillis might have been in a different category based on some of his other comments (sounds like he was, sort of, having used a debit card instead of a credit card, but of course that still has the VISA guarantee that a direct account withdrawal through PayPal does not). Glad he was able to get his money back at least.

#8285 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I thought playboywillis might have been in a different category based on some of his other comments (sounds like he was, sort of, having used a debit card instead of a credit card, but of course that still has the VISA guarantee that a direct account withdrawal through PayPal does not). Glad he was able to get his money back at least.

Only for 60 days, but sent mountains of shit to the bank after charge was disputed. We'll see if fraud trumps policy.

Sorry, what I was referring to was "still has Visa guarantee"

#8286 4 years ago

You can bet the credit card companies are going to go after Kevin Kulek, they are not going to take these chargebacks lying down.
Between Fox and the rest of the heavy hitters going after him he will wish he never heard of pinball.
They are also going to go after his so called partner that bailed and does 1 through 100 inclusive.
Rest assured anyone involved in this thing are going to be shaken down, folded, spindled and mutilated.

#8287 4 years ago

Didn't Fox drop the charges on the condition that he is not producing the games? If so that's a real shame. They could easily ream him for millions in damages and would be Kevin's biggest headache.

#8288 4 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Didn't Fox drop the charges on the condition that he is not producing the games? If so that's a real shame. They could easily ream him for millions in damages and would be Kevin's biggest headache.

So you want everyone's preorder money to go to FOX instead of refunds?

#8289 4 years ago

If you're assuming the preorder money is still there... which I doubt it is. Even if it is the account is still frozen by PayPal as far as we know.

#8290 4 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Grooveshark pulls a Skit-B:
http://grooveshark.com/

grooveshark.png

Yeah except for the honest apology and transparency.

#8291 4 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Never saw any info saying this

#8292 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Never saw any info saying this

Quoted from benheck:

Fox isn't going to pursue this any further since he dropped the project.

Ben do you have any evidence to back this up?

#8293 4 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

That's the way it usually goes. If Fox can't make millions, it's not worth their time to go after him. Slap on the wrist. If he made and sold 1,000 machines and made a crapfull of money....then!

#8294 4 years ago

hmmm... which fox (kevin the swiper fox or fox-fox)?

Swiper ! NO SWIPING !!!

swiper-1.gif

#8295 4 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Pretty sure that was just a supposition on his part.

#8296 4 years ago

Yup, it's just my assumption.

Fox got their Cease & Desist, they're not going to spend hundreds of thousands in legal fees just to "make an example of Kevin" and win a lien on a 30k house. Before anyone brings up the RIAA - Napster comparison, they sued thousands to scare millions, big difference.

I know you're all hoping for some kind of comeuppance for Kevin, I just don't think it will come from Fox.

#8298 4 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Yeah except for the honest apology and transparency.

You call doing this for 10 year's knowing they were in violation of the law? One simple email makes it ok?? How much $$$$ did they steal from artists and subscribers in that time?

#8299 4 years ago

The message is clearly transparent... whether there is more involved I don't know as I don't use the service. My point is that Kevin would never admit, or apologize for, his scandal. He just keeps on lying.

#8300 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

You call doing this for 10 year's knowing they were in violation of the law? One simple email makes it ok?? How much $$$$ did they steal from artists and subscribers in that time?

Did they steal money from their subscribers?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 27.50
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Lighting - Other
Professor Pinball
$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Professor Pinball
$ 239.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 10.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 134.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 14.95
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 11.95
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 96.77
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball-Mods.com
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
€ 339.00
Displays
GermanGamingSupplies.com
There are 18278 posts in this topic. You are on page 166 of 366.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside