Topic Stats

• 18,272 posts
  • 815 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,540 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
194b3475e0440b8112afc0ac4ad5bf0ed0e8ec3db63fb4b6748a4f2e06a9865b (resized).jpg
31A053C2-4495-4E3E-980F-E5ADEA02F1DE (resized).jpeg
IMG_2933 (resized).JPG
beetlejuice-shrunken head (resized).jpg
2716720260_bc8966f6b1 (resized).jpg
D460F55E-AD42-43C6-91EB-B8162A84A094.gif
Screenshot_20190103-214734_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20181108-174321 (resized).png
Fife Appeal Sept 24 2018.pdf (PDF preview)
cat ooo 2.gif
7332539.attach (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

86 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 18272 posts in this topic. You are on page 165 of 366.
#8201 4 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

Holy cow, that is a lot. Seems like it is proportionately more than it should be? I guess professions where you tend to make a little more $$ than others is expected when collecting expensive toys.

Lawyers make up about 5% of those who buy NIB pinball machines, while the other 95% are engineers.

#8202 4 years ago
Quoted from robbycsmith:

Lawyers make up about 5% of those who buy NIB pinball machines, while the other 95% are engineers.

I'd love to know the basis behind that assertion. LOL

#8203 4 years ago
Quoted from Russo121:

I'm all for doing it but could be a problem if I have to present my case in person?

I reported Shit-B and Kevin to Action Fraud, they in turn should liaise with US counterparts.

http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

#8204 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Blackbeard is also a lawyer

Lawyer by day, pirate by night.

Ahoy me hearties!!

PS I'm not a lawyer but I've stayed in a Holiday Inn Express, wasn't too bad for the price either.

rd.

#8205 4 years ago
Quoted from movingpictures:

Apparently Kevin is being represented by this man:
wes.jpeg
I believe his name is Wesley Upchurch.

"With legal advice from W.Upchuck, who needs these other chumps?!" --K.Kulek. Entrepreneur Extraordinare Esquire III

#8206 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

At least someone local could understand their Michiganian dialect.
Google translate won't do it yet.

Why you be so ill?

#8207 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Wheels is also an attorney.
The list grows.

image.jpg
#8208 4 years ago

I have a law degree as well but don't practice. I use my powers for good and am a Trust Officer.

#8209 4 years ago

I knew it, I'm surrounded by lawyers!

#8210 4 years ago

At this point, the only real need for a lawyer by a Predator victim is for suing as a civil matter. Or perhaps sending correspondence.

One would hope that the detective on the case sees enough evidence of a crime to turn it over to a prosecutor or whatever department handles that. At that point, it is the state's job to handle it from a criminal perspective.

Most likely what will happen is Kevin Kulek's lawyer will try to do a plea bargain and work something out and this will never go to trial if he is even charged at all.

But letting a state handle getting your money back may not be the only move one makes.

#8211 4 years ago

Are we (the buyers) getting together for some type of class action lawsuit against Kevin and Shit-B or are we getting attorneys on our own?

I'm going after him either way. I hate and despise a thief and that's all he is.

#8212 4 years ago
Quoted from REDEYE:

Are we (the buyers) getting together for some type of class action lawsuit against Kevin and Shit-B or are we getting attorneys on our own?
I'm going after him either way. I hate and despise a thief and that's all he is.

I'm curious to this myself. Thinking as a group we could do a bit better.

#8213 4 years ago

I would imagine that hiring a single Michigan attorney, local to Kevin, to represent everyone's interest would work out best.

Instead of Kevin having to defend himself in 100 different lawsuits, using up all the possible remaining money on the same actions again and again - it would make sense to have a single negotiation.

#8214 4 years ago

Agreed. How do we make this happen?

Quoted from vid1900:

I would imagine that hiring a single Michigan attorney, local to Kevin, to represent everyone's interest would work out best.
Instead of Kevin having to defend himself in 100 different lawsuits, using up all the possible remaining money on the same actions again and again - it would make sense to have a single negotiation.

#8215 4 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Agreed. How do we make this happen?

Agreed too.

#8216 4 years ago

Class action = pie in the sky dream. If you want your money you better not be waiting on ANYONE. Let alone a group of international pinheads. One of the keys to this will be DO NOT WAIT. Those who wait will keep waiting...forever. IMHO you best get started if you want anything at all. And part of that, clearly, is not waiting...on anything...especially some phantom class action to get started.

If we could drown him in 200 civil claims...that would be optimal.

This is just one pinhead's opinion. If you were wondering...I am not waiting.

#8217 4 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

If we could drown him in 200 civil claims...that would be optimal.

While that would be the most 'pain' you can induce.. it won't actually help you get your money sooner, or more of it. You're just throwing more noise into the legal system, more lawyer costs, and more reasons for a judge to push your need further down the list.

You're losing sight of what is most people's top objective... getting their money back. Punishing Kevin is secondary to most.

#8218 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

top objective... getting their money back. Punishing Kevin is secondary to most.

#8219 4 years ago

Did anyone figure out if Kevin has a job somewhere? How about the name of his lawyer?

#8220 4 years ago

I'm sitting on day 4 of a civil case for jury duty right now. Witnessing this its not worth filing a civil suitin my opinion. Im not impressed with the efficiency of this system one bit. Hopefully Kevin gets some sense and gets this refund ball rolling. keep holding to hear about my refund soon.

#8221 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

There are many more actually. Some would say too many.
Iceman44
JamBurglar
Gambit3113
TktLwyer
PinLawyer
Apollyon
Dbaum88
Silver_Spinner
MTPPC
Magic_Mike

image.jpg

#8222 4 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

I'm sitting on day 4 of a civil case for jury duty right now. Witnessing this its not worth filing a civil suitin my opinion. Im not impressed with the efficiency of this system one bit. Hopefully Kevin gets some sense and gets this refund ball rolling. keep holding to hear about my refund soon.

It's gone man. It's gone. I've let it go. I had to. Either that or be miserable over it. I've got a wife and kids for that!!! image.jpg

#8223 4 years ago

I looked into it, but not that much. Make inquiries with a local attorney and see if you can get the civil suit in your state/province/country. That way if he doesn't show, you win by default.

However, it's the chasing him down for the next 5 years that has me hesitant. Wage garnishment on what?

I wish we could do a class action, as that would be the only way to help out our overseas brethren, but someone would need to step up and be the move maker. Out of 150-180 people, Rommy's list only managed to find 83 guys. This is messy as hell.

#8224 4 years ago

Here is how I believe a class action works:

Once one is filed, Kevin needs to hand over every customer information, in order for the law firm to send out the paperwork to everyone with a yes/no if they want in.

#8225 4 years ago

As I said before, (actually, my lawyer said) not many lawyers are going to want to touch this. If it was that easy or a clear "slam dunk," one of the lawyers here would have taken it. The important thing: if there is really any money frozen in the PayPal account.
It's going to come down to what can be PROVEN and how good your lawyer is.

#8226 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

As I said before, (actually, my lawyer said) not many lawyers are going to want to touch this. If it was that easy or a clear "slam dunk," one of the lawyers here would have taken it. The important thing: if there is really any money frozen in the PayPal account.

#8227 4 years ago
Quoted from playboywillis:

I looked into it, but not that much. Make inquiries with a local attorney and see if you can get the civil suit in your state/province/country. That way if he doesn't show, you win by default.

We have a winner. I just haven't understood everyone wanting to go into Kevin's home state for all this.

What I would do, even if I was not an attorney, would be file suit in my home state in my home county/parish, in my home city and serve him long arm statute and default him when he doesn't show up. You don't need an attorney to sue someone . . . this can be done cheaply by people

*again, I'm not giving anyone legal advice, just saying what I would do.

#8228 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Are we all still hung up on this proof of license thing? Again I ask, why does it matter if he did or did not have a Predator license? One could prove in minutes with a handful of emails that every Predator buyer is owed their money back. One cannot prove anything about a license, and you don't need to justify a refund.

All one needs to prove is that Kevin has always maintained full refunds are available, he has cancelled the project and has claimed to be issuing refunds, and no one has received refunds. All of that is 100% documented in emails and forum posts. If a judge cares about WHY this all went to hell they could ask out of morbid curiosity or to assess Kevin's honesty levels, but it's irrelevant information to determine whether Kevin owes buyers money back or not.

Whether it financially makes sense will alter what lawyers or processes are feasible, but this whole PROOF thing is ridiculous. He said the money is coming, and it isn't - it's literally a Judge Judy episode in terms of the civil complexity. Let Fox and the FBI worry about the complicated crap.

#8229 4 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Are we all still hung up on this proof of license thing?

No, no, no! Proof that he planned to con people right from the start! BIG difference.

#8230 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

No, no, no! Proof that he planned to con people right from the start! BIG difference.

The DA will care, but that's completely irrelevant for buyers trying to get their money back.

#8231 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

It sounds like you're thinking of the criminal case (where the court will certainly be considering Kevin's intent). But his customers can't "bring" a criminal case against Kevin, even though many would surely like to! What they can bring are civil law suits to recover payments made in exchange for a product that was never delivered, and which Kevin has plainly stated he now cannot and will not make. Kevin's "right from the start" intentions don't mean much in that context.

#8232 4 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

If you are a victim please gather the following to report to,the detective in midland. Please don't wait. Please call,him right away.
1- all your details, DOB, address, how much you paid, when, how much, in a one page summary email. Include dates! Declare yourself a victim of KKK and here are my details.
2- evidence of any contact you had with KKK - notes from phone calls, recorded messages, and emails. Attach all this to your email.
3- another email attached labeled Web Links where you put links to incriminating videos, podcasts, and websites. There will be lots of duplication but don't worry about that just do it.
I have to make you find his phone number yourself. Detective Brent Benzing with the Midland County Sheriff. Only 5 people have reported today...WTF!?!
Don't lay down for this! Call the detective! Gather info and email the detective ! That information is bullets in his gun.
Right now, as we speak, KKK is relaxing. He DOES have counsel now. They are taking the position that NONE of this is criminal, it's all civil. His position is he never lied, never defrauded. Don't let him do this to us. Help prove to that detective what a rat bastard snitch Kevin Kulek is.

Don't stop bumping this post so everyone can see guys!

#8233 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

But that wouldn't matter in a civil case would it? We paid Kevin for a machine, he stated himself that the project is over and funds are safe, and hasn't paid anyone back.

That to me is the definition of a slam dunk. This isn't kickstarter. I'm not a shareholder. I gave him money for the return of a product. A product which I still lack. Bing Bang.

#8234 4 years ago

Well, I hope so, but let's see....

#8235 4 years ago

Just scrolled through the last 8 pages of posts in this thread. This topic was way better when there were boobs in it.

On second thought, there are a few boobs in here... myself included

#8236 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Why does that any of that matter? Regardless of intentions it makes not the slightest difference from a civil standpoint. He said "money is going to be given back". It isn't. Intent and motive only really comes up in determining determine criminal punishment (afaik yes?)

Just because he started out with good intentions doesn't mean he doesn't owe the money back... and if he started out with bad intentions it doesn't mean he owes any more/less to the buyers either. It's irrelevant.

#8237 4 years ago
Quoted from playboywillis:

This isn't kickstarter.

http://www.inc.com/eric-markowitz/when-kickstarter-investors-want-their-money-back.html

Great read (and sad stories) here for the crowdfunding generation of business folks and customers. Sorry if it's been posted previous in this thread - its hard to keep up

#8238 4 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

The DA will care, but that's completely irrelevant for buyers trying to get their money back.

bottom line five.jpg
#8239 4 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Why does that any of that matter? Regardless of intentions it makes not the slightest difference from a civil standpoint. He said "money is going to be given back". It isn't. Intent and motive only really comes up in determining determine criminal punishment (afaik yes?)
Just because he started out with good intentions doesn't mean he doesn't owe the money back... and if he started out with bad intentions it doesn't mean he owes any more/less to the buyers either. It's irrelevant.

Okay, you're missing the point here. It is CRITICAL that the court is aware that he knew he had no license to legally produce and deliver this merchandise. As such, he acquired the funds under "false pretense". Therefore, if he chooses to declare bankruptcy, the creditors can make the bankruptcy court aware of this and as a result the purchases become a "non dischargeable" debt. This is extremely important if he chooses to file for bankruptcy.

If you want your money back you need to file a civil complaint. Leave it to the Midland County Sheriff to take care of the criminal complaint.

I'm not a lawyer, but I have lots of good lawyer jokes. Let's bring 'em on!

#8240 4 years ago

What if the settlement comes down to:

Each unsatisfied Predator buyer and up to 3 guests can use the SkitB vacation home in Midland, MI for 1 weekend date (Saturday or Sunday) once every 3 years with unlimited access to high-end photography equipment and up to 10 partially constructed Predator pinball machines.

#8241 4 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

Each unsatisfied Predator buyer and up to 3 guests can use the SkitB vacation home in Midland, MI for 1 weekend date (Saturday or Sunday) once every 3 years with unlimited access to high-end photography equipment and up to 10 partially constructed Predator pinball machines.

so like a weird fetish orgy time share?

#8242 4 years ago

throw in the "Lady from paypal" for the weekend and im in!

#8243 4 years ago

Have you ever been to Midland Mi.?

#8244 4 years ago

I believe it was said earlier that the FBI has been notified about this.

Has anyone been interviewed by them yet?

#8245 4 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

Have you ever been to Midland Mi.?

lol. Seriously, are you guys trying to punish yourselves further?

#8246 4 years ago

Two years ago, Midland Mi was the centre of the universe. How time changes everything.

#8247 4 years ago

The driver knew Trout was bound for
Midland City. He didn’t know Trout was
a writer on his way to an arts festival.
Trout understood that honest working
people had no use for the arts.

“Why would anybody in his right
mind go to Midland City?” the dri-
ver wanted to know. They were
riding along again.

“My sister is sick,” said Trout.

“Midland City is the asshole of the
Universe,” said the driver.

“I’ve often wondered where the
asshole was,” said Trout.

Breakfast of Champions - Kurt Vonnegutt

#8248 4 years ago

Vonnegut improves any thread. Thank you jonnyo.

#8249 4 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Vonnegut improves any thread. Thank you jonnyo.

Technically, Vonnegut's Midland City was fictional, but if the shoe fits...

#8250 4 years ago
Quoted from Hitch9:

Two years ago, Midland Mi was the centre of the universe. How time changes everything.

I don't have anything against Midland. It has a raceway dosent it Pinchili?....Nevermind thats Milan.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
$ 399.95
$ 8.00
Cabinet Parts
Pinball Haus
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 40.00
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
Electronics
nvram.weebly.com
$ 19.95
$ 6.00
Electronics
German-Pinball-Modular
$ 11,500.00
$ 2.50
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 24.25
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 199.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 117.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
There are 18272 posts in this topic. You are on page 165 of 366.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside