Topic Stats

• 18,278 posts
  • 815 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 24 days ago by Mr68
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,540 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
194b3475e0440b8112afc0ac4ad5bf0ed0e8ec3db63fb4b6748a4f2e06a9865b (resized).jpg
31A053C2-4495-4E3E-980F-E5ADEA02F1DE (resized).jpeg
IMG_2933 (resized).JPG
beetlejuice-shrunken head (resized).jpg
2716720260_bc8966f6b1 (resized).jpg
D460F55E-AD42-43C6-91EB-B8162A84A094.gif
Screenshot_20190103-214734_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20181108-174321 (resized).png
Fife Appeal Sept 24 2018.pdf (PDF preview)
cat ooo 2.gif
7332539.attach (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

86 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 18278 posts in this topic. You are on page 164 of 366.
#8151 4 years ago
Quoted from Enaud:

I hesitated to mention what's been going on because I've been afraid Kevin might be a flight risk. But he's finally been serviced by the Midland County Sheriff's Office, and I have a court date with him on the calendar.
So, if Kevin and/or his attorney read this, feel free to contact me so we can settle this out of court. Otherwise, I'll look forward to seeing you there. I'm glad to see a little traction made here, although I know there is still a long way to go.

If you find out the name of his attorney please let the rest of us know.

Also, are you allowed to send out discovery questions (interrogatories, requests for production of documents, answer demands, etc) in the forum you have sued in? How about third party subpoenas (to Fox)? I could help you craft a few questions if these were authorized by the forum you are in, the problem would be serving them on him if his lawyer has not materialized in your suit yet.

#8152 4 years ago

It sounds like Kevin needs to understand interrogatories and document production pretty quick IMHO. Those can be some very scary requests and add a bit of lucidity to a person's thinking (it has for me in the past).

#8153 4 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

It sounds like Kevin needs to understand interrogatories and document production pretty quick IMHO. Those can be some very scary requests and add a bit of lucidity to a person's thinking (it has for me in the past).

Indeed.

Would love to see the look on his face when he receives Interrogatories/Demand for Production of Documents asking him to produce any and all documents in any way related to or tending to show that he had (has) a license to make Predator at any time in the last 3-4 years.

#8154 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Also, are you allowed to send out discovery questions (interrogatories, requests for production of documents, answer demands, etc) in the forum you have sued in?

Let's have Robin open such a subforum for discovery.

#8155 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Exactly right.

I'm not convinced the money we paid in is being used to fund the defense. It just doesn't seem wise to use the misappropriated funds that were generated from the crime/bad act to defend yourself from the legal actions stemming from the crime/bad act. That, in and of itself, is using our money for a purpose other than what he took it in on.
Repurposing our money to his personal legal defense is just as bad of an act as taking it from us under a lie to begin with. If Kevin is doing this he is digging an even bigger hole.

no question about a deep hole but I would think with no real corporation and using paypal more than likely as his business account that his personal money,and his business money are in some what of a mix..this only my guess.im not attacking lawyers but they see things in the legal sense not the moral sense or what seems to be the right thing to do may not happen.as of yet we have not heard exactly what his defense will be..because he said things on pinside does not mean this will be the approach his lawyer will take in his defense.so very important to all that whoever goes to court first will come back on to pinside with the exact facts of what kevin and company are using as a defense for this.....keep feelings out of it so the facts stay clear for all to see and use

#8156 4 years ago

I heard last week that no one from Mich. had filed a complaint. Any truth?

#8157 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekie:

I'm trying to think of anyone from Michigan who actually pre-ordered one.

#8158 4 years ago
Quoted from belairjoe:

his personal money,and his business money are in some what of a mix.

Co mingling...I bet he had no separation.

#8159 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Indeed.
Would love to see the look on his face when he receives Interrogatories/Demand for Production of Documents asking him to produce any and all documents in any way related to or tending to show that he had (has) a license to make Predator at any time in the last 3-4 years.

"Please provide a flow of funds outline for each payment received on Project Predator."

"Please identify all actions taken by you or your duly authorized representative to refund money to your customers."

Please identify all monies spent during Project Predator, breaking them out into each use by date."

Please identify all salaries, commissions, fees, or other remuneration You or any party related by affinity or consanguinity to the fourth degree to You have received from Project Predator or Skit-B".

#8160 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Indeed.

I think his answer would be a print-out of the Wikipedia entry on "Fair Use."

#8161 4 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Co mingling...I bet he had no separation.

yes i think same but did not want to get some people on here mad with my guess..he did not do most other things in the correct business manner so im thinking complete chaos with the money part also..

#8162 4 years ago

had to look up "consanguinity"
still trying to figure out how to pronounce it

#8163 4 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

I'm trying to think of anyone from Michigan who actually pre-ordered one.

Pmwolf?

#8164 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekie:

Quoted from Trekie:

If there is a jurisdictional benefit to the group in having a Michigan resident file the complaint I'm sure he would do so. Is there a benefit and if so what is it?

#8165 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Is there a benefit and if so what is it?

Avoiding removal to federal court?

#8166 4 years ago

I'd like to see a Private Investigator to follow Kevin around 24 hours a day, he deserves it, they can collect video and etc. where legally applicable, and it will make him uncomfortable and take away his privacy in public.

#8167 4 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

I'd like to see everyone collectively fund the hiring of a Private Investigator to follow Kevin around 24 hours a day, because it's completely legal, he deserves it, they can collect video and etc. where legally applicable, and I'd like to see him sweat a lot more.

Won't do any good now, as Kevin already is feeling in trouble and has no ( hopefully!) access to remaining PP money.

I got better things to do than follow around a dude who doesn't have his punk ass shit together in Michigan.

#8168 4 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Avoiding removal to federal court?

Should not be applicable to the criminal side of things. From a criminal prosecution perspective can anyone think of a legal need/benefit for a local complainant?

#8169 4 years ago

How many lawyers are on pinside!? And do I/we get a discounted "pinsider" rate, God forbid I ever need one of your services?

#8170 4 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

How many lawyers are on pinside!? And do I/we get a discounted "pinsider" rate, God forbid I ever need one of your services?

Payment can normally be accepted in the form of quality cat videos.

#8171 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

From a criminal prosecution perspective can anyone think of a legal need/benefit for a local complainant?

At least someone local could understand their Michiganian dialect.

Google translate won't do it yet.

#8172 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Payment can normally be accepted in the form of quality cat videos.

And HUO pins plus $

#8173 4 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

There are at least seven regular posters on Pinside that are practicing attorneys (there were eight but Gambit does not post here frequently these days), five of them have weighed in during this thread at some point.

#8174 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

There are at least seven regular posters on Pinside that are practicing attorneys (there were eight but Gambit does not post here frequently these days), five of them have weighed in during this thread at some point.

... and there are a bunch of people that have apparently slept at Holiday Inn at some point in their life and somehow feel that qualifies them to practice law on the internet.

#8175 4 years ago

The ones I can think of:

TigerLaw - litigator?
RobT - litigator, I think
DCFan - works at the USPTO
StevenP - IP
Razorback - invented the class action lawsuit and bankruptcy court system
me - small town pizza lawyer:

#8176 4 years ago

I saw a different ad for that pizza for the first time last night. I really, really want to give it a try soon.

#8177 4 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

The ones I can think of:

How could you forget iceman44?

#8178 4 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

Certainly a glaring omission. He keeps such a low profile that I briefly forgot he was an attorney. Sorry ice!

#8179 4 years ago

It's situations like this that I wish more things from Back to the Future Part II came true.

Kevin would've been in jail already, due to the legal system moving swiftly since they abolished all lawyers.

#8180 4 years ago

Or this (slightly NSFW):

#8181 4 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

The ones I can think of:
TigerLaw - litigator?
StevenP - IP
» YouTube video

I'm a commercial transactions and regulatory compliance guy with a healthy splattering of oil & gas and gaming law mixed in. It has been some time since I've personally been inside a court room other than as an advisor on commercial law issues.

#8182 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I'm a commercial transactions and regulatory compliance guy with a healthy splattering of oil & gas and gaming law mixed in. It has been some time since I've personally been inside a court room other than as an advisor on commercial law issues.

Yeah, I was not confident in my guess. I do think RobT and Gambit are litigators though.

#8183 4 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

Who?

#8184 4 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

The ones I can think of:
TigerLaw - litigator?
StevenP - IP
» YouTube video

There are many more actually. Some would say too many.

Iceman44

JamBurglar

Gambit3113

TktLwyer

PinLawyer

Apollyon

Dbaum88

Silver_Spinner

MTPPC

Magic_Mike

#8185 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Iceman44
JamBurglar
Gambit3113
TktLwyer
PinLawyer
Apollyon
Dbaum88
Silver_Spinner
MTPPC
Magic_Mike

Holy cow, that is a lot. Seems like it is proportionately more than it should be? I guess professions where you tend to make a little more $$ than others is expected when collecting expensive toys.

#8186 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Iceman44
JamBurglar
Gambit3113
TktLwyer
PinLawyer
Apollyon
Dbaum88
Silver_Spinner
MTPPC
Magic_Mike

Blackbeard is also a lawyer

#8187 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Blackbeard is also a lawyer

Wheels is also an attorney.

The list grows.

#8188 4 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

ROFL! Close, but not quite.

Unlike the other Pinsiders above, I am NOT an attorney. I have also never been involved in a class action lawsuit.

Nevertheless, I HAVE testified as an expert witness in bankruptcy court, billed thousands of hours in bankruptcy cases, and had millions of dollars of professional fees approved by bankruptcy judges.

I am a business turnaround consultant with 20 years of experience working with financially-distressed companies (i.e., 100+ clients in 30 different industries). My practice is built on referrals from secured lenders whose clients' businesses have defaulted on loans and are hemorrhaging cash.

And while I travel a LOT (e.g., 150,000 air miles in 2014), I will NEVER stay at a Holiday Inn Express!

#8189 4 years ago

did you get 1 of those special airline cards like in the movie

mine's only a junior achiever card... i've got several of those

#8190 4 years ago

I'm not a lawyer, but I played a doctor on TV.

But I know enough to know that people with money in this game are better served by an attorney with the proper background for this type of case than relying on the good will of attorneys here that practice in other (very different) areas of the law.

And I won't stay at a Holiday Inn Express either.

#8191 4 years ago

My brothers a Lawyer, Pinhead, and lurks here on Pinside.

Entertainment Law Extreme, and the stories are beyond belief!

Yes, Sex and drugs are alive and well in Hollywood!

#8192 4 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

did you get 1 of those special airline cards like in the movie

Not exactly. In the movie "Up in the Air" (2009), George Clooney was pushing 10 million lifetime miles with American Airlines, and when he crossed that threshold, he was supposedly the 7th person ever to reach that level in the fictionalized "history" of the program. I have close to 1 million lifetime miles with United Airlines and over 600,000 lifetime miles with British Airways. Currently, I have "Premier 1K" status with United and "Platinum Elite Lifetime" status with Marriott, so I do get additional perks and lots of free upgrades.

#8193 4 years ago

i'm still Group 2

#8194 4 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

me - small town pizza lawyer

You don't have the southern drawl to be a small town pizza lawyer (as in the commercial).
I also know you have lived in a town big enough for you to represent chickens against a certain Colonel! I saw you once chasing an ambulance and throwing your business cards at it. You are a "big city solicitor" . . . you can't fool ME!!!

Quoted from jayhawkai:

I briefly forgot he was an attorney

Now, when you 'briefly' forgot, does this mean you failed to remember to put on underwear? Or, did you forget to file your court papers? Lawyers should only write up a brief, but never say the word out loud! It can be applied in so many ways.

My humor is lame tonight. My brain is briefly tired.
I rest my (pitiful) case.
Mike

#8195 4 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

I have "Premier 1K" status

Take me with you!!! I wanna see the rest of the world before I die. I'll buff your shoes and lay out your clothes for you.

#8196 4 years ago

Apparently Kevin is being represented by this man:

wes.jpeg

I believe his name is Wesley Upchurch.

#8197 4 years ago
Quoted from movingpictures:

wes.jpeg

WHO GOES TO SEARS PHOTO STUDIO WITH A STRAWBERRY DAIQUIRI AND THINKS IT'S A GOOD IDEA

#8198 4 years ago
Quoted from asay:

WHO GOES TO SEARS PHOTO STUDIO WITH A STRAWBERRY DAIQUIRI AND THINKS IT'S A GOOD IDEA

i've definitely got to work on designing some new douchebag merit badges...

#8199 4 years ago
Quoted from movingpictures:

wes.jpeg

Noooo... Not THIS guy?!?

Isn't he a little preoccupied prepping for another trial right now?

Quoted from wesupchurch:

Thank you very much for your prayers, they are very much appreciated.
I won't speak much about the ongoing case, but I will state that I believe the courts will find in my favor as it moves forward. I will add that I believe the allegations against me are incorrect and it is still my belief that I never did anything to violate the law. Each of you may have an opinion on the matter, but none of you have the facts. Obviously, I never meant any harm to anyone and I voluntarily chose to remove myself from the entire situation long before this indictment.
The judge has released me from custody to work on my family entertainment projects and to be with my loved ones while awaiting trial. I ask you to reserve your judgement until the whole story can be known. I believe that we all have things in our past we wish we could erase. Although I am not proud of the situation, I am not going to make any effort to hide from the news which you have heard about me and are all well aware of. For you guys, many of whom are our backers, you have a right to know what is going on and this case is the reason for our delay in providing you with timely information about the pinball project. I also won't sugarcoat the fact that the Pinball Gremlins project is not on schedule.
Anyone who has put their trust in us shouldn't worry however. I would like to reassure you that, following Christmas, the Vonnie D Pinball team will be back to work on the pinball machine to ensure it gets completed. My focus through the holidays are to spend time with my son and be with those that I love. This has been hard not only on myself, but also on Von and my family.

http://www.columbiatribune.com/news/crime/two-plead-guilty-to-roles-in-alleged-synthetic-marijuana-conspiracy/article_5f26eb59-d89d-52a4-a5c9-c0fd29ed9918.html

#8200 4 years ago
Quoted from asay:

Maybe this guy?

unclerico.jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 69.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z
$ 159.00
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 349.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 9.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 22.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 49.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
£ 79.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys
There are 18278 posts in this topic. You are on page 164 of 366.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside