Topic Stats

• 18,269 posts
  • 815 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 39 days ago by Cobra99
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,540 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
194b3475e0440b8112afc0ac4ad5bf0ed0e8ec3db63fb4b6748a4f2e06a9865b (resized).jpg
31A053C2-4495-4E3E-980F-E5ADEA02F1DE (resized).jpeg
IMG_2933 (resized).JPG
beetlejuice-shrunken head (resized).jpg
2716720260_bc8966f6b1 (resized).jpg
D460F55E-AD42-43C6-91EB-B8162A84A094.gif
Screenshot_20190103-214734_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20181108-174321 (resized).png
Fife Appeal Sept 24 2018.pdf (PDF preview)
cat ooo 2.gif
7332539.attach (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

86 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 18269 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 366.
#751 4 years ago

2 a week... for # 200-250, that's in 2 and a half years and that's if they never stop, no vacations, no holidays... hope those peoples are not in a hurry.

#752 4 years ago

In a sea of horseshit themes I will gladly wait, I never thought a Predator pin would be made and to be honest the same thing with Alien yet in time I will have both right beside each other and that is cause for celebration, even though I've had this celebration many times and its Tuesday off to the beer store I go.

#753 4 years ago

That's the spirit!

#754 4 years ago

That guy was born to preorder! I appreciate the enthusiasm!

#755 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

In a sea of horseshit themes I will gladly wait, I never thought a Predator pin would be made and to be honest the same thing with Alien yet in time I will have both right beside each other and that is cause for celebration, even though I've had this celebration many times and its Tuesday off to the beer store I go.

Exactly, nothing new here, just a bunch of guesses...bad guesses to boot. 2.5 yrs to build the games. Lol. Who has build number 250? Come out we need you...

#756 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Granted it would be aweful work and something I would never want to do full time, but I feel confident I coudl do it and it woudl get easier and faster over time.

Lets see how accurate your numbers are, how about you give it a try and report back.

First, take one of your games completely apart, an early 90s game (or even late 80s) would be a reasonably similar level of complexity . Remove every single thing from the playfield, and also disconnect all wires from sockets, solenoids, etc (this is not a playfield swap).

Now put it all back together!! Since your plan was doing 5 games at a time, and this would only be 1 you only get 1/5 of a day per day, so, I guess that actually means, you should be able to complete the entire week/game in a single day. And hey, not like you have to worry about dimples and drilling holes (and there are probably a ton of molex connectors and the like you don't have to deal with). In addition, I'll even cut you some slack and you don't have to re-trim and wire the cabinet. Heck, you don't even have to do QA -- although you may want to

I'm sure everyone wold like to see photos of the process, and since taking photos will slow you down, you can add in an extra hour of time for that, I'm feeling generous.

So, are you up to the challenge? Anyone else?

#757 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Lets see how accurate your numbers are, how about you give it a try and report back.
First, take one of your games completely apart, an early 90s game (or even late 80s) would be a reasonably similar level of complexity . Remove every single thing from the playfield, and also disconnect all wires from sockets, solenoids, etc (this is not a playfield swap).
Now put it all back together!! Since your plan was doing 5 games at a time, and this would only be 1 you only get 1/5 of a day per day, so, I guess that actually means, you should be able to complete the entire week/game in a single day. And hey, not like you have to worry about dimples and drilling holes (and there are probably a ton of molex connectors and the like you don't have to deal with). In addition, I'll even cut you some slack and you don't have to re-trim and wire the cabinet. Heck, you don't even have to do QA -- although you may want to
I'm sure everyone wold like to see photos of the process, and since taking photos will slow you down, you can add in an extra hour of time for that, I'm feeling generous.

Yeah, 1 person is not making 1 machine a day.

#758 4 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Yeah, 1 person is not making 1 machine a day.

2 person won't make a machine a day either.

#759 4 years ago

So this begs the question..."How many Pinsiders does it take to assemble a Game?"
....and the punchline is....

#760 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

So this begs the question..."How many Pinsiders does it take to assemble a Game?"

None. They're all too busy checking up on The Official Pinside Skit-B Predator thread.

#761 4 years ago
Quoted from AloneMordakai:

None. They're all too busy checking up on The Official Pinside Skit-B Predator thread.

Which will start becoming relevant in about 6 months :p

#762 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

I can put an entire simple sys 11 game together in a single day and I have done it before. Even crazier is I did not design the game and only know where parts go from referencing photos and cheat sheets I make when taking it apart and cleaning.

If I am assembling a game that I already know it will take me even less time.

I am not sure how you do pf swaps, but I take is ALL apart when doing the full job. I do leave on switchs and sockets, but the whole harness come off and all coils are clipped.

That said. let me build 5 predators in succession (learning curve) and then give me parts to build 5 at once and I bet I can build that second set of 5 in 1 week (it will be a 60hr week, but I can do it). This assumes wiring harnesses are complete and all soldering will only be switches and coils since they are using older stern style light socket push-ins.

I love predator but it is not a complex game with complex mechs.

Unfortunatley, I don't think SkitB is going to hire me and I sure as heck have no interest in building games for 4 other people at slave labor wages

#763 4 years ago

I don't like the biweekly updates. They're not really updates. Getting garbage in my email almost biweekly is worse than two months of silence.

#764 4 years ago

They posted that photo of 10 playfields on January 25th. So time will tell how long it takes that batch of 10 to be completed. It may very well take more than 10 weeks (All shipping by end of March?), less than 1 per week average. Obviously things will speed up SOMEWHAT, but I don't know if they're going to blow the 2-per-week Spooky average out of the water.

#765 4 years ago

Does anyone know who's helping out? Kevin can't run a company, work on the next game, and spend X years building games by himself.

#766 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I can put an entire simple sys 11 game together in a single day and I have done it before. Even crazier is I did not design the game and only know where parts go from referencing photos and cheat sheets I make when taking it apart and cleaning.

1 day has got to be some kind of exaggeration.

I'd be seriously impressed if you could take a truck full of predator parts in the morning, put the machine together, and have it ready to ship that same day.

#767 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Unfortunately they aren't taken 30 year old games apart. It'd be more like here's this:

image.jpg

And build it into this:
image.jpg

#768 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

5 without Ted.
30 with Ted.

#769 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

1 day has got to be some kind of exaggeration.
I'd be seriously impressed if you could take a truck full of Predator parts in the morning, put the machine together, and have it ready to ship that same day.

I put my entire stripped RG back together in about 11 hours.

#770 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I put my entire stripped RG back together in about 11 hours.

That's impressive. It took BadBrick and I a solid 8 hour day, 16 man hours, to just get the wiring harness soldered back onto the playfield of F-14.

Even the ground braid took me an hour or two doing it solo.

#771 4 years ago

#772 4 years ago

Sorry you guys are still waiting doesn't seem like it's making as much progress, I hope they start shipping soon for all the owners to be.

#773 4 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

I think they are building them in his kitchen. That's prob why the pics are selective.

I don't care if they're building them in the back of a VW bus, as long as they're building them.

#774 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Does anyone know who's helping out? Kevin can't run a company, work on the next game, and spend X years building games by himself.

Kevin has a local crew of guys assembling Predators. The cabinets are also coming completely assembled from VirtuaPin. The Predator playfield build is relatively simple compared to other games and that is going to enable a pretty efficient assembly.

In regards to game #2, I can't go into too much detail but I want all the Predator owners to know that it won't be causing any Predator delays or distractions. Kevin has a strong team made up of engineers, programmers and animators making sure that the Experts of Dangerous game Kevin designed can stay on its agressive schedule. This ensures he can stay focused on Predator while sticking to the marketing and promotion timeline commitments associated with Experts of Dangerous.

We all know that if Predator crashes and burns, then there won't be the opportunity to do game #2. Many of us not directly involved in Predator are working hard to support Kevin's effort to get that game out. Kevin has learned a lot from the Predator experience and has already been putting that into practice in how things are going with Game #2.

Let the designers be designers!

Aaron
FAST Pinball

Experts of Dangerous playfield at the FAST Lab in a dev cabinet pending final engineering sign-off before game programming begins.

#775 4 years ago

I found a couple other pics from the nerdiest hotel room at the Chicago Expo last year. While most everyone else was partying upstairs with Dutch Pinball we were deep into hardware and software on EoD. The game's art package had not yet been cleared for public display so we had to sneak it in and out. It gave many folks working on the game in ways big and small a first chance to see it privately.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

image.jpg

image.jpg
#776 4 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Exactly, nothing new here, just a bunch of guesses...bad guesses to boot. 2.5 yrs to build the games. Lol. Who has build number 250? Come out we need you...

Last I heard I was number 244. Got in about 6 months ago.

#777 4 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

I found a couple other pics from the nerdiest hotel room at the Chicago Expo last year. While most everyone else was partying upstairs with Dutch Pinball we were deep into hardware and software on EoD. The game's art package had not yet been cleared for public display so we had to sneak it in and out. It gave many folks working on the game in ways big and small a first chance to see it privately.
Aaron
FAST Pinball

I hate to take this thread off track, but bringing eod to expo and only letting a few select individuals know about it was a missed opportunity. I would have liked to see it, but didnt find out it was here in an undisclosed location until after expo. Were people invited to see it? If anything it would have showcased some of the FAST electronics put together in a real world application. How is it being programmed? In what environment?

#778 4 years ago

I do not want to hear ANYTHING about #2 until many Predators are in homes, people are happy, and there is a steady stream of them being built and delivered.

Even hinting at time being wasted on #2 is not going to help SkitB or Predator in my honest opinion.

There is only 1 thing that matters at this point and it is not EOD.

#779 4 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

Kevin has a strong team made up of engineers, programmers and animators making sure that the Experts of Dangerous game Kevin designed can stay on its agressive schedule.

Oh my god they are actually making that?

#780 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I hate to take this thread off track, but bringing eod to expo and only letting a few select individuals know about it was a missed opportunity. I would have liked to see it, but didnt find out it was here in an undisclosed location until after expo. Were people invited to see it? If anything it would have showcased some of the FAST electronics put together in a real world application. How is it being programmed? In what environment?

I think you missed the bit about the game not being approved for public display. It was brought to the Expo because many people involved were all in the same location at the same time. Probably the only time we all would be before the game will be released, in fact.

Think of it less as a VIP secret private showing and more of a development team meeting.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#781 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I do not want to hear ANYTHING about #2 until many Predators are in homes, people are happy, and there is a steady stream of them being built and delivered.
Even hinting at time being wasted on #2 is not going to help SkitB or Predator in my honest opinion.
There is only 1 thing that matters at this point and it is not EOD.

Really? I hate to break it to you, but companies don't usually develop product one at a time. I believe you missed the point of my post completely. In the coming months, you WILL hear about game #2 and I was trying to squash the inevitable response characterized by your post here.

Predators shipping is top priority for Skit-B. Making sure that game #2 goes more smoothly than game #1 did, is something a lot of us are focused on.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#782 4 years ago

"This commercial brought to you by FAST Pinball. We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming."

#783 4 years ago

The only way there won't by an all out revolt and hostility towards #2 is if the BULK of Predators are already delivered before it gets trotted out again.

If there are low double digits of Predators delivered when they bring that second game around, things will get ugly for certain.

#784 4 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Oh my god they are actually making that?

Nah, it's a big April Fools Day joke!

This game isn't going to appeal to everyone. Just like Wrestlemania, Mustang, Walking Dead, America's Most Haunted, The Big Lebowski, etc won't appeal to everyone, but still appeal to many.

Many folks on Pinside probably don't know Jamie and Adam or Mythbusters, but that's all right. I cannot name any WWF wrestler since Hulk Hogan but I can recognize that Wrestlemania will still appeal to many.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#785 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

The only way there won't by an all out revolt and hostility towards #2 is if the BULK of Predators are already delivered before it gets trotted out again.
If there are low double digits of Predators delivered when they bring that second game around, things will get ugly for certain.

There is already hostility towards #2.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#786 4 years ago

:s/many/a few/g

#787 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

If I am assembling a game that I already know it will take me even less time.

I am not sure how you do pf swaps, but I take is ALL apart when doing the full job. I do leave on switchs and sockets, but the whole harness come off and all coils are clipped.

Obviousy I was just having fun asking you to do it, but on a serious note . . .

When I do a swap, I do not cut lamp sockets, switches or coils off the wiring harness, unless I absolutely have to. Heck, I've done 80s games swaps and left he grounding braid intact (I do have a method that helps move everything over).

Having built two games from scratch, I will say, that I have do doubt I could assemble an entire playfield in a single day, I'm talking about the playfield, not the whole game, building a cabinet, wiring, adding power, speakers, trimming it, decals, etc takes longer then you would think). You do need a wiring harness that is complete and correct. In addition, helps if not all lamps have to be individually wired (e.g. at least some portion of them are using lamp boards). The slowest, most tedious part is all the wire stripping and soldering. it is also pretty important to do things in the right order, but that is pretty obvious to most folks here. I will say, it would require a singular focus and I would probably need to be straight and sober too, and lets face it, that would not be the norm.

#788 4 years ago

Boy, I hope SkitB doesnt need to come back to pinside to get buyers for #2....

It will be difficult to square the disdain for customer communication shown here in the last year with any dramatic increase in participation when they want to collect money again.

Having said that, pinheads seem to be a pretty forgiving (or forgetful?) group when they see something they really want.... If ________ is a hit, all might be forgiven. But at 1-2 shipped/week, I think it will take a long time for a critcal mass of happy owners of __________ .

#789 4 years ago

I'm in on Predator, but does anyone know the price on the second one?

#790 4 years ago
Quoted from MMuller:

I'm in on Predator, but does anyone know the price on the second one?

I believe there was an interview with Kevin addressing that. He did not gave an exact figure but something in the $5k range? Am I making this up?

#791 4 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

Really? I hate to break it to you, but companies don't usually develop product one at a time. I believe you missed the point of my post completely. In the coming months, you WILL hear about game #2 and I was trying to squash the inevitable response characterized by your post here.

The ONLY thing, and I mean ONLY thing that will give #2 even a remote shot of not experiencing a huge backlash is to not talk about it and Deliver quality on #1.

I of course would assume any serious pinball startup to have some degree of focus on #2 when producing #1, as they will need to be ready to sell and make the next game after teh first 1 is done.

That said, there is a time and place for talking about #2, and that is NOT here in and NOT now.

I may love #2, but right now (as one of the biggest supporters of SkitB and Predator for a long time) I ONLY care about #1, and any discussion or promoting of #2 before a good chunk of loyal fans/owners/preorder brothers of #1 get their personal games is not going to help anyone.

#792 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I may love #2, but right now ... I ONLY care about #1

Heh heh.

#793 4 years ago

Isn't this suppose to be a discussion about Predator?

Why are we now talking about EOD, maybe someone should start a new forum if they want to post pictures of game #2.

#794 4 years ago

Somebody pee on hilton

#795 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

The ONLY thing, and I mean ONLY thing that will give #2 even a remote shot of not experiencing a huge backlash is to not talk about it and Deliver quality on #1.

I, on the other hand, find it comforting to know they are making good progress on #2 and appreciate Aaron's post.

My biggest concerns for these boutique pre-orders is not when they will get done but if they will get done and if they will be supported in the future.

The fact that SkitB is still pursuing game #2 tells me they are not planning to be a one (or none) and done company. The couple of photos of EOD shared also tells me they have support from others in the industry who are actively working to make them be successful.

All this bodes very well for getting a finished Predator with good quality and support.

#796 4 years ago

#797 4 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

Aaron
FAST Pinball

image.jpg 138 KB

image.jpg 103 KB

You got that right, when I walked into that room it reeked of nerds!

I am very excited to be getting my Predator very soon, Kevin and crew are working hard on getting them out the door. I fully understand and support the need for his other team to be working on EOD.

#798 4 years ago

this is what i don't get.

why show or talk about game #2 when people want to see pictures of that famous team working on predator. show pictures of cabinets, people working on playfield, wire harness... anything. it takes seconds to do that.

it's like trying to bring attention to something else instead of predator, maybe because there is nothing major to show. that's what it looks like to me.

when 50% of the game are shipped then go ahead, but for now show what the people wants, you know, yours customers.

#799 4 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Somebody pee on hilton

Does that cost extra?

#800 4 years ago
Quoted from loren3233:

Isn't this suppose to be a discussion about Predator?
Why are we now talking about EOD, maybe someone should start a new forum if they want to post pictures of game #2.

My first post last night was loaded with references to Predator. I don't think I am the first pinsider to drop in photos, comments or information slightly off the topic of the thread.

It seems like the point of my post is being missed by some. I wanted to share that the efforts for game #2 are being undertaken by a much broader group of people than are committed to delivering Predator. That's all. The fact that Kevin was able to entice new people to work with him and what he wants to do with his games should give Predator owners a little more confidence in what Kevin and Skit-B are doing in the short and long term.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Hardware
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 25.00
Apparel - Unisex
Project Pinball Charity
$ 89.00
Boards
Pappy's Pinball Palace
$ 129.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 35.00
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 399.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Great American Pinball
$ 20.00
Various Other Swag
Project Pinball Charity
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 239.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 229.99
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 18269 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 366.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside