Topic Stats

• 18,301 posts
  • 815 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,544 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

72329539_10219705910182373_6362298985876553728_n (resized).jpg
pirateplayersclub (resized).jpg
case against keith.pdf (PDF preview)
_2_16-21030.pdf (PDF preview)
Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
194b3475e0440b8112afc0ac4ad5bf0ed0e8ec3db63fb4b6748a4f2e06a9865b (resized).jpg
31A053C2-4495-4E3E-980F-E5ADEA02F1DE (resized).jpeg
IMG_2933 (resized).JPG
beetlejuice-shrunken head (resized).jpg
2716720260_bc8966f6b1 (resized).jpg
D460F55E-AD42-43C6-91EB-B8162A84A094.gif
Screenshot_20190103-214734_Facebook (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

86 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 18301 posts in this topic. You are on page 158 of 367.
#7851 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Why did Aaron K leave?

Aaron (nothing to do with Fast Pinball - the Other Aaron) may have to testify. Will be interesting to know his story. He may consider getting a lawyer too...

#7852 4 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

once it blew up he had to do the right thing and he did not. Not one refund.

He can't make any refunds until all the chargebacks come out in the wash.

Think about it:

1. Everyone who paid by CC (smart), Debit Card (pretty dumb) or directly through Paypal linked to bank account (really dumb), is now working on getting a chargeback of some kind - this will take months.

2. When all the chargebacks have finally finished, PP will charge $20 or so for every chargeback they had to process.

3. Then, and only then, can there be an accounting of any remaining PP balance.

4. PP locked his account long ago "special arrangement with PP". So now the remaining balance will have to be unlocked for refunding. This will take time, too.

5. Anyone who paid by check has probably had their funds handed over to a federal criminal attorney to try to keep Kev out of jail, so he can't refund that money until after the trial. I'm sure he will have to mortgage his $20,000 house too for legal fees.

6. Like they always say, "Once the lawyers are involved, no one wins except the Devil".

#7853 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

He can't make any refunds until all the chargebacks come out in the wash.

Day one he sends 10 refunds. day two he sends an email..FINALLY and says hey with charge backs I need to sort this out.
Maybe it stalls there but some attempt vs none and bs going dark. He could have stalled the lawyers by doing anything the next day. And even if lawyers are now involved could have then said I started the process with the intention but could not continue due to X Y and Z.
Sorry I see a pattern of lies from start to finish and zero sign of good intentions.

#7854 4 years ago
Quoted from playboywillis:

There's no way vid. I estimate about a quarter is gone. There's no way it's "all" gone.

It's hard to say, but things which are likely:

1) He's been living off the money for three years, with three kids.
2) He's been to a lot of shows (airplane, hotel, shipping the game, seminar swag)
3) He's purchased a decent amount of items from vendors
4) He may or may not have paid a salary to people involved with the project:Aaron K, the Artist, Kathy Kulek
5) He may have paid a lump sum to Fox to get them to go away (or is planning to).

And don't ignore that he was living a pseudo-rock star lifestyle for a couple years traveling to shows. I'd be surprised if there weren't a few steak dinners and strip clubs in the mix.

#7855 4 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Day one he sends 10 refunds.

From what money?

What if refunded money to people who had already started chargebacks?

#7856 4 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Dude! I actually wish he got away with the down under games but at the same time once it blew up he had to do the right thing and he did not. Not one refund. So in the end he proved he was a snake and therefore having daughters is not a free ride to rape everyone here and get away with it.

Exactly, if Kevin truly cared about his kids he would have done everything in his power to make this right and would have gave us the real truth of the situation and returned the money. What kind of example is he setting for those kids? All we asked for was a refund, if he didn't have all the funds come clean and return what you do have. I don't speak for everyone but I know if he had been truthful with me and only returned half my money I would have chalked it up to lesson learned and moved on with no mention to the authorities.

No offense vid I usually like your posts but this thread is no place to add sarcasm about his kids to draw some kind of sympathy from the victims. As the saying goes, if you did the crime be willing to do the time. This is ultimately Kevin Kuleks doing.

#7857 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

From what money?

He could contest/deny the charge-back and show evidence of the refund. That part of the logistics isn't really the rub.

#7858 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

How awesome would it be for him to be posting please return the over refund issued so I can keep giving others theirs back.
Like I said out of 180 even if 2, 5, 10 or more got a refund it would have shown some attempt. But we are past that.

#7859 4 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

2) He's been to a lot of shows (airplane, hotel, shipping the game, seminar swag)
4) He may or may have paid a salary to people involved with the project:Aaron K, the Artist, Kathy Kulek
5) He may have paid a lump sum to Fox to get them to go away (or is planning to).
And don't ignore that he was living a pseudo-rock star lifestyle for a couple years traveling to shows. I'd be surprised if there weren't a few steak dinners and strip clubs in the mix.

Oh, the list goes on I think. Wife bought a whole lot of new photography equipment for her new studio and business in the last year (not to mention the new home in her name only.) And traveling to shows? Not only did he fly but it looks like it was a family affair (wife and "employee" in this pic from California Extreme.) Although I doubt any strip clubs on this trip, lol. Oh, and note the advertising display for Skit-B behind them. More money.
SkitB.jpg

#7860 4 years ago

Hopefully Kevin's future home. Will give him a lot of time to think about what he did.

images-1.jpeg
#7861 4 years ago

There's no way vid. I estimate about a quarter is gone. There's no way it's "all" gone.

Punk Rock!

92a64dd6ddfbd2d63232fb946aede61f.jpg
44808.jpg

#7862 4 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

and 2 "employees"

You know, that's another weird thing I noticed. James Dubay is the one who did the art for Predator. When you went to the "updated" web site, they had 2 guys listed for artist. There was very little work done for Predator after the original drawing. Maybe a few plants added. Were these guys just friends drawing paychecks?

Actually, as I'm writing this, they might have been artists for pin #2.

#7863 4 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

Oh, the list goes on I think. Wife bought a whole lot of new photography equipment for her new studio and business in the last year (not to mention the new home in her name only.) And traveling to shows? Not only did he fly but it looks like it was a whole family affair (wife, mom, and 2 "employees" in this pic from California Extreme.) Although I doubt any strip clubs on this trip, lol. Oh, and note the advertising display for Skit-B behind them. More money.
SkitB.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Who's the guy on the far left? I swear I saw him at MGC last weekend.

#7864 4 years ago

Check your spam folder if you can't find the email.

#7865 4 years ago
Quoted from woodworker:

Nah. Most pinheads look like that.

#7866 4 years ago
Quoted from woodworker:

I saw him too, don't know his name. He was also with Kevin at MGC last year, and I think he may have been with him at expo this year, not certain. I'm sure if you really wanted to know you could pour through old posts to see if anyone talked about being out there with Kevin for the EoD announcement -- not that it really matters who he is. Odds are he was getting these same 'middle truth' as the rest of us.

#7867 4 years ago
Quoted from woodworker:

His name is Chris Ward (on the far right in the pic below). I know the one woman of the 2 (on the left) in the picture is Barb Ward. Barb does appear to be Chris's wife. This reminds me of some different Skit-B shirts and attire that have appeared over the past few years. More expenses (albeit minor in the grand scheme of things).
skitb2.jpg

#7868 4 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

4) He may or may not have paid a salary to people involved with the project:Aaron K, the Artist, Kathy Kulek

Quoted from PinChili:

Oh, the list goes on I think. Wife bought a whole lot of new photography equipment for her new studio and business in the last year (not to mention the new home in her name only.) And traveling to shows? Not only did he fly but it looks like it was a whole family affair (wife, mom, and 2 "employees" in this pic from California Extreme.) Although I doubt any strip clubs on this trip, lol. Oh, and note the advertising display for Skit-B behind them. More money.

I wonder how much the Mythbuster guys charged for the appearance to promote EOD?

#7869 4 years ago
Quoted from woodworker:

You probably did see him. The two on the left are just friends/Predator buyers. Nice people.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#7870 4 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

You probably did see him. The two on the left are just friends/Predator buyers. Nice people.
Aaron
FAST Pinball

Are you sure about that? Possibly (although as shown, they appear in multiple pictures all together.) They appear to have a personal connection though even with Kevin's wife (on FB).

#7871 4 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

I wonder how much the Mythbuster guys charged for the appearance to promote EOD?

well, jamie isn't exactly known to love being amounst "the people"... so i'd wager it wasn't free...

unless somehow kevin kulek connived a way to convince them they had to appear for free under "fair use"...

#7872 4 years ago

To think, this all could have been avoided by acquiring the license up front.

#7873 4 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

unless somehow kevin kulek connived a way to convince them they had to appear for free under "fair use"...

i see-what-you-did-there1.jpg
#7874 4 years ago

I found the email from the detective in my spam folder, just another heads up

#7875 4 years ago

license or not this guy was not going to manufacture this machine.simple as that..another bullshitter with a big dream..no manufacturing experience...no sense in the least of how to do business..no clue or real plan just going week to week hoping all would turn out ok ...then the last mail....not even stepping up to the plate and taking responsibility fully for the out come of all this..this is a classic bull shit artist in all sense of the word..no punk rocker just another punk ass..license does not =finished machine.be thankfull this finally in the hands of FBI who don't care about how cool you are or hey wanna free glow stick..kevin will have to answer for all this now..his time has run out and all you people who paid just have to wait a bit longer for a real answer instead of this guessing if kevin spent the money ..

#7876 4 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

Are you sure about that? Possibly (although as shown, they appear in multiple pictures all together.) They appear to have a personal connection though even with Kevin's wife (on FB).

They don't work for Skit-B, if that is what you mean.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#7877 4 years ago

it's unlikely that he could have ever acquired the license up front... they were self admitted kids in a basement, with zero money, zero plan, zero business structure, zero production experience, zero zero zero... you think fox was going to license their ip to them?

#7878 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

I think I figured out what he means by "middle truth"...

I don't think you want go get that deep into Kevin's head and what he was thinking. I have a feeling it is a dark, disturbing place that you might never escape. After this exercise if you find yourself wearing a stocking cap 24/7, you're done for.

#7879 4 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

it's unlikely that he could have ever acquired the license up front... they were self admitted kids in a basement, with zero money, zero plan, zero business structure, zero production experience, zero zero zero... you think fox was going to license their ip to them?

Money moves mountains

#7880 4 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

Oh, the list goes on I think. Wife bought a whole lot of new photography equipment for her new studio and business in the last year (not to mention the new home in her name only.) And traveling to shows? Not only did he fly but it looks like it was a family affair (wife and "employee" in this pic from California Extreme.) Although I doubt any strip clubs on this trip, lol. Oh, and note the advertising display for Skit-B behind them. More money.

Which one is the witch?

#7881 4 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

They don't work for Skit-B, if that is what you mean.
Aaron
FAST Pinball

Well, nobody was legally employed by Skit-B obviously because there was never a real corporation created. However, Chris does have the photo below on his public FB page stating "late night of coding with Jimmy and Skit-B". Jimmy being another Skit-B "employee" (good guy). He has several pictures with Kevin (including being on road trips.) So I find that strange. How many bar tabs were paid for by the "company" in payment for coding? This also just happens to be a legitimate opportunity for a boob pic.

Jimmy.jpg

#7882 4 years ago

Well there we have it. All the money went to strippers.

#7883 4 years ago
Quoted from belairjoe:

license or not this guy was not going to manufacture this machine.simple as that..another bullshitter with a big dream..no manufacturing experience...no sense in the least of how to do business..no clue or real plan just going week to week hoping all would turn out ok ...then the last mail....not even stepping up to the plate and taking responsibility fully for the out come of all this..this is a classic bull shit artist in all sense of the word..no punk rocker just another punk ass..license does not =finished machine.be thankfull this finally in the hands of FBI who don't care about how cool you are or hey wanna free glow stick..kevin will have to answer for all this now..his time has run out and all you people who paid just have to wait a bit longer for a real answer instead of this guessing if kevin spent the money ..

Money moves mountains

Entirely true, but if he had mountain-moving money he wouldn't be in a basement.

I realized this thing was likely not going to happen when it got to the 'come to jesus' step of actually building the things, but I admit, I didn't consider the license scenario. Now with everything coming out, I realize what a "duh" thing it was: A couple kids negotiated a license deal with Fox? Before any pre-order money changed hands? How'd they pay for it, for one? I should have given it more thought and wondered about that more, and most importantly, demanded proof.

#7884 4 years ago

Yeah I hear you. Learned a lot in two years.

#7885 4 years ago
Quoted from asay:

Well there we have it. All the money went to strippers.

based on her outfit, that looks like a photo taken from Twin Peaks, (next to expo), which promotes its 'scenic views' -- so, close enough.

#7886 4 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

Pretty sure that is "Jetzxi" from here on Pinside.

#7887 4 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

Well, nobody was legally employed by Skit-B obviously because there was never a real corporation created. However, Chris does have the photo below on his public FB page stating "late night of coding with Jimmy and Skit-B". Jimmy being another Skit-B "employee" (good guy). He has several pictures with Kevin (including being on road trips.) So I find that strange. How many bar tabs were paid for by the "company" in payment for coding? This also just happens to be a legitimate opportunity for a boob pic.
Jimmy.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

I never knew Chris to do anything on any of the games. But I have been wrong before. I only knew Chris as a friend and supporter. Jimmy is a good guy.

Rosh is right, that is from Twin Peaks near Pinball Expo.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#7888 4 years ago

Do you mean Michigan Expo? I guess their point is, if these guys aren't working on the game, what are they doing at expos? Certainly not paying for own trip, I guarantee you that.

#7889 4 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

No offense vid I usually like your posts but this thread is no place to add sarcasm about his kids to draw some kind of sympathy from the victims.

No offense taken.

If everyone started agreeing with me, I'd start to worry.

#7890 4 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Pretty sure that is "Jetzxi" from here on Pinside.

He has gone radio silent here. He was really promoting this right to the end (about 28 days ago):

"Good, positive things. Oh woops some people would prefer I stay quiet......so nevermind.

Wasn't trying to brag that I know what's going on. I was just saying that good stuff is coming soon so hang in there was all.

But I guess this will suffice........I know everything so nana nana boo boo Pinside?" Jetzxi

#7891 4 years ago

Yeah, I was waiting to hear from him too.

#7892 4 years ago

I'm here and pissed off like everyone else. The good stuff I was hearing was that Andrew was going to be taking this over and we would be getting our games soon.

#7893 4 years ago

Well shit.

#7894 4 years ago

and no, I am not related to Kevin. I sometimes wish I could code but I cannot and Rosh.....you know me I was helping Mike pick up that Dr Who from you last year.

I should also add that CAX was an awesome show, for those looking at my pictures on Facebook....those Sequoia tress and the Elephant Lions were the highlight of our trip.

Meeting and hanging out with Ryan Adams was pretty bad ass too!

#7895 4 years ago

Oh yeah Jet, about that. You might want to set your facebook to private.

Seemed like you were closer than any of us to KK. You talk to him since March 23, the day he sent his last public email?

#7896 4 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

Rosh.....you know me I was helping Mike pick up that Dr Who from you last year.

Sorry, I've got a terrible memory, and that was not even that long ago. I also think I tend to block out all aspects of a game leaving my house. Of course, now that you reminded me, I'll spend the rest of the day bumming that I let the Doctor go. I hope Mike is enjoying it.

#7897 4 years ago

No, I haven't heard anything.
I think Mike's wife is enjoying the Dr Who more than anything. She is a huge DR Who fan.

I am happy to report that I have decided to support another boutique mfg, I ordered an AMH a few weeks back! Super excited for that game!

#7898 4 years ago

Money moves mountains

sure... but as i noted in my post and jonnyo alluded to in his, kevin kulek did not have the money to move an ant hill, let alone a mountain...

#7899 4 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

and no, I am not related to Kevin. I sometimes wish I could code but I cannot and Rosh.....you know me I was helping Mike pick up that Dr Who from you last year.
I should also add that CAX was an awesome show, for those looking at my pictures on Facebook....those Sequoia tress and the Elephant Lions were the highlight of our trip.
Meeting and hanging out with Ryan Adams was pretty bad ass too!

Yeah, yeah, yeah... but are you a witch?!?

Seriously, though, congratulations on your AMH order.

#7900 4 years ago

I'm sure Kevin had "business expenses" that he will claim.....

WoodyAndBuzzBusinessTrip.jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 15.00
$ 92.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 1,000.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 156.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
£ 37.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 149.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet Parts
PinBoltCaps
$ 28.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 18301 posts in this topic. You are on page 158 of 367.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside