Topic Stats

• 18,278 posts
  • 815 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 49 days ago by Mr68
  • Topic is favorited by 194 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,540 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
194b3475e0440b8112afc0ac4ad5bf0ed0e8ec3db63fb4b6748a4f2e06a9865b (resized).jpg
31A053C2-4495-4E3E-980F-E5ADEA02F1DE (resized).jpeg
IMG_2933 (resized).JPG
beetlejuice-shrunken head (resized).jpg
2716720260_bc8966f6b1 (resized).jpg
D460F55E-AD42-43C6-91EB-B8162A84A094.gif
Screenshot_20190103-214734_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20181108-174321 (resized).png
Fife Appeal Sept 24 2018.pdf (PDF preview)
cat ooo 2.gif
7332539.attach (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

86 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 18278 posts in this topic. You are on page 153 of 366.
#7601 4 years ago

"oh what a tangled web we weave, when we first practice to deceive" -- Walter Scott

As far as a comment on license being 50K, as it has been discussed before, it would likely not cost that much. Again, Fox is not in this for the money, they are in this to promote the brand, but their first priority is to protect the brand/IP. Which is why in hindsight you continue to see more and more things that supported the "no official license" view (like the kerning of the letters on the backglass (which was allegedly approved) that someone recently pointed out, which was one of those things that made me say 'duh').

However, what is more important, based on what I have gleaned over the last few months, and just recently talking with Roger Sharpe, is that he would have an ice cubes chance in hell, of Fox giving a start-up a license without a clear plan for the getting the machines manufactured, and typically would be via a proven, established means. This would be especially true for someone with no experience in starting and running a company. It may well be why EoD was going to be done by JJP.

It may be the case that Kevin at one point early on had a conversation with someone at Fox, who believed he was doing a one off project for his personal enjoyment, which would fall under fair use, and said, you can do 'this', and off Kevin went. However, the number of statements he made over time, clearly indicate he knew what would be required in a real license, and he clearly made statements that are totally inconsistent (getting approvals, etc.) with what he has said early on, along the way, and most importantly now. Many have already pointed out the inconsistencies in this thread and like many, I would have like to have seen Martin challenge him on those. But at the end of the day, it does not matter, since 99.9% of the folks here no longer believe anything he says -- and rightfully so.

As far as vendors (Matt, Aaron, Paul, etc.), I think Kevin talked a good enough game and talked details and gave them enough assurances to give them a comfort level he had the license. Like may people here, they wanted to believe. And you have to wonder if after saying it so often and for so long, that he started to actually believe his owns lies (e.g a pathological liar?) -- I guess I am looking for something that could possibly explain how he appears so disconnected from the reality of this situation.

As far as folks getting their money back, I continue to hope for the best, but fear for the worst.

#7602 4 years ago

So how much of the Preator money did Kevin Kulek spend on EoD?
Did the EoD pin start after the first time Fox said stop?

#7603 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekie:

So how much of the Preator money did Kevin Kulek spend on Masters of Diasters?
Did the MoD pin start after the first time Fox said stop?

No one knows. Even if Kevin answered your questions no one would (or should) believe him. If this goes into litigation some facts may come out in discovery, but the "full story" will probably never be known.

#7604 4 years ago

If Kevin had died (without making any games) instead of being a liar, would everyone still be blaming PayPal?

PayPal is a transaction processor. They do not have any responsibility to make sure Kevin has a license to sell a game any more than they have any responsibility to make sure the TZ I just sent to Florida didn't have any unlicensed mods when the guy PayPaled the funds to me (I'm pretty sure the TV mod with images from the show is unlicensed). It is crazy the way the mob travels and chases the AG, the Vendors, PayPal, etc...

Again, only one person to go after here. It is Kevin Kulek. Stay the course.

#7605 4 years ago

Let's not forget that Kevin was using the interstate highway system to transport the prototype from show to show. Let's go after the Federal Highway Administration, too, as it also facilitated illegal activity.

#7606 4 years ago

So, is the moral of this story for Kevin and everyone else: "get it in writing?"

Piecing together the two stories - there was a perceived verbal agreement with someone on the phone from FOX to move ahead - Kevin should have demanded to see that "in writing." If the representative from FOX wasn't authorized to make such an agreement at least Kevin would have had something to go back and sue FOX with. What I don't quite understand based on the last article, is it sounds like FOX contacted Kevin and asked him to pull the website content and stop promoting Predator in the spring - they didn't say stop making Predator. The cease and desist from what I understand didn't come until much later last year; if FOX really didn't want the project moving into production wouldn't the cease and desist been issued at the same time when they requested all the web content to be pulled?

Secondly, did anyone ever get any official statement in writing from Kevin on where there money actually was going or what it was going for? I mean, the first round of $250 deposits were mostly just sent in via paypal, it's not like paypal issued receipts and I know Kevin did not. It all went into a black hole for all I know with no real documentation on what the money was going towards. Again, "get it in writing," at least all the buyer's would actually have a document supporting their claims.

#7607 4 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

If Kevin had died (without making any games) instead of being a liar, would everyone still be blaming PayPal?
It is crazy the way the mob travels and chases the AG, the Vendors, PayPal, etc...
Again, only one person to go after here. It is Kevin Kulek. Stay the course.

Actually it's two people - Kevin Kulek & Aaron Klumpp.

#7608 4 years ago
Quoted from asay:

I've summed up the article for everyone:
skitb (Click image to enlarge)

There's probably a good chance that this is what could've happened.

Most license holders are ok with fans doing one-off items that aren't intended to be made for sale, so long as it's clear that it was unofficial and/or done by a fan.

When you start getting into the actual production and sale of products, fair-use no longer applies. Then you're using someone else's property to create your product and make money from it.

This is like asking to borrow someone's car to make a trip grocery store. Then making the leap in logic that since you have the car anyway, that you can resell everything that's in it--including the spare tire.

#7609 4 years ago

Has anybody reported Kevin to the IRS for potential tax evasion and fraud? Most, if not all, of the money he has taken in surely should have had taxes paid on it unless he filed some kind of business/corporation application (which it did not sound like he did when everything blew up).

http://www.irs.gov/uac/Tax-Fraud-Alerts

How to report a potential tax fraud:
http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/How-Do-You-Report-Suspected-Tax-Fraud-Activity%3F

#7610 4 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

If PayPal had frozen the funds as they have (allegedly?) done now, then yes. If PayPal wasn't sitting on a frozen Skit-B account right now I would have no qualms calling out those angered at PayPal, but PayPal saw trouble, took action, and are now frustrating their customers by claiming their hands are tied. And you know what, they may be correct in that but it would still anger me as a customer.

Although we should keep in mind that only those paying thru paypal have funds potentially frozen there. The cheque/wire/bank draft folks have a much more clear path to Kevin (or his estate, had he perished instead of lied )

#7611 4 years ago

Maybe we should sue the shit out of PayPal for taking pre-order $ then freezing (keeping our money)

Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

I think the frustration at Paypal is they are seemingly doing nothing at all while waiting for a liar to act honestly. It's semi-confirmed that a large chunk of the money is sitting in a frozen (by Paypal) Paypal account, and since Kevin seemingly isn't terribly concerned about unlocking it and refunding it, it's frustrating for buyers who are asking for a refund since some/all of the money is actually under Paypal's control, even while Kevin does nothing.
My question to Paypal is (and I have no cash in this) - wtf is the plan here? If Kevin continues to do nothing, this money is tied up for how long? And until when? I applaud their actions to freeze the account after suspect transactions, but to what end? When does this action reverse against Kevin?
Hence the credit card chargebacks, which Paypal hates and is obviously whining about, but since they aren't forthcoming (and I'm not sure they even can be) what other options exist?

#7612 4 years ago

The IRS has a longer arm than state and local PD, just ask Capone.

#7613 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

... he would have an ice cubes chance in hell, of Fox giving a start-up a license without a clear plan for the getting the machines manufactured, and typically would be via a proven, established means. This would be especially true for someone with no experience in starting and running a company...

And this is exactly why I disagree with 99% of all crowdfunding. Banks and capital investors require this amazing little item called a "business plan" and evaluate the risk on more than the emotional "TAKE MY MONEY" response of the modern consumer...

#7614 4 years ago

Great idea. Put the IRS in line before us to so they can seize all the money and make it that much harder for us to get our $.

Quoted from DCFAN:

Has anybody reported Kevin to the IRS for potential tax evasion and fraud. Most, if not all, of the money he has taken in surely should have had taxes paid on it unless he filed some kind of business/corporation application (which it did not sound like he did when everything blew up).
http://www.irs.gov/uac/Tax-Fraud-Alerts
How to report a potential tax fraud:
http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/How-Do-You-Report-Suspected-Tax-Fraud-Activity%3F

#7615 4 years ago

Just read the article.

Two major questions still spring to mind

1) Kevin why won't you respond to emails from people you've taken money from?
2) Kevin why haven't you refunded any money to any customers?

Without these two points being addressed why on earth would anyone believe anything else he says?

#7616 4 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Maybe we should sue the shit out of PayPal for taking pre-order $ then freezing (keeping our money)

Well, on one hand the freezing should be applauded. On the other hand, there's no transparency to the next steps.

I don't know what the solution is, and I'm not convinced PayPal does yet either.

#7617 4 years ago

Seriously now...after all of this whining nobody has yet contacted an investigator at the Midland Police Department, State Police, County Sheriff department or State Attorney General yet? I don't know where Kevin lives, or I would post the phone number of the law enforcement agencies who would be involved.

SOMEONE has to make the original criminal complaint in this matter and then post the name and phone number of the investigator who will be in charge of this case so that he can contact the victims and begin his investigation. And the caller has to be someone who was a victim of the fraud. There seems to be a lot of smoke being blown here and a lot of finger pointing but NOBODY seems to have made an effort to contact the law enforcement agency who will ultimately be conducting the investigation.

Anybody threatening with a lawsuit is just wasting his money and spinning his wheels. This is a criminal matter and it cannot proceed until the victims come forward to the agency who will doing the prosecution. You pay taxes which pay for the prosecutor, its does not cost you any money to prosecute other than the postage you might spend mailing copies of receipts, emails etc to the investigator.

So what is all this BS about if nobody here has the stones to begin the process of prosecution? Is everyone still waiting for the tooth fairy to put a refund check under their pillow tonight? Many people have been defrauded, yet nobody chooses to do anything about it except complain to each other?

Wake up people. And when you find out which agency is going to be handling it post the information here so that everyone can get their complaint and fact sheet to the same central authority.

#7618 4 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Well, on one hand the freezing should be applauded. On the other hand, there's no transparency to the next steps.
I don't know what the solution is, and I'm not convinced PayPal does yet either.

I would imagine if Payenemy has the money frozen they will wait until after litigation is finished and a judge makes an order as to what to do with the funds.

#7619 4 years ago

....and then THIS was posted on the other Thread...

Now you mentioned Midland. Hopefully in the city or not too far West. If so, he's on an Indian Reservation. The Saginaw Chippewa Tribe. Good luck with that. Banks have lost their asses with Tribal members not paying car loans with no recourse. Tribal Court won't touch them and repo depots have no rights or protection on Indian land.

#7620 4 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

I would imagine if Payenemy has the money frozen they will wait until after litigation is finished and a judge makes an order as to what to do with the funds.

I would tend to agree, but what/which litigation? A class action suit? 200 small claims suits? A criminal case? Bankrupcy proceedings?

The list goes on with how many ways this could shake down; its such a mess at this point.

#7621 4 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

Seriously now...after all of this whining nobody has yet contacted an investigator at the Midland Police Department, State Police, County Sheriff department or State Attorney General yet? I don't know where Kevin lives, or I would post the phone number of the law enforcement agencies who would be involved.
SOMEONE has to make the original criminal complaint in this matter and then post the name and phone number of the investigator who will be in charge of this case so that he can contact the victims and begin his investigation. And the caller has to be someone who was a victim of the fraud. There seems to be a lot of smoke being blown here and a lot of finger pointing but NOBODY seems to have made an effort to contact the law enforcement agency who will ultimately be conducting the investigation.
Anybody threatening with a lawsuit is just wasting his money and spinning his wheels. This is a criminal matter and it cannot proceed until the victims come forward to the agency who will doing the prosecution. You pay taxes which pay for the prosecutor, its does not cost you any money to prosecute other than the postage you might spend mailing copies of receipts, emails etc to the investigator.
So what is all this BS about if nobody here has the stones to begin the process of prosecution? Is everyone still waiting for the tooth fairy to put a refund check under their pillow tonight? Many people have been defrauded, yet nobody chooses to do anything about it except complain to each other?
Wake up people. And when you find out which agency is going to be handling it post the information here so that everyone can get their complaint and fact sheet to the same central authority.

At least one person (Cobra) has confirmed they did contact the Midland MI police department and spoke with a Deputy who was going to Kevin's home yesterday to talk with him and his attorney. We don't know what came of that yet. Others have asked for the phone number of the officer there which was given so I assume others have contacted them as well.

#7622 4 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Secondly, did anyone ever get any official statement in writing from Kevin on where there money actually was going or what it was going for? I mean, the first round of $250 deposits were mostly just sent in via paypal, it's not like paypal issued receipts and I know Kevin did not. It all went into a black hole for all I know with no real documentation on what the money was going towards. Again, "get it in writing," at least all the buyer's would actually have a document supporting their claims.

My case exactly. Nothing but an acknowledgment by email. Silly me.

#7623 4 years ago

Hey Kevin.....THIS IS PINSIDE!!!!!!

31c.png
#7624 4 years ago

Ladies and gentlemen, let's do a little cross-examination...

We did contact Fox initially

[Mr. Coughlin] stated that there was absolutely no license for Predator pinball, they haven’t heard of Skit-B Pinball, and the project is absolutely Infringement

you know, it’s no big deal

Kevin was getting bombed by C&D’s and not saying a word [...] they are escalating the Predator matter to next steps. Bigger steps.

So when it came to licensing we could make these things and people could buy them.

They wanted to know if Kevin had shipped any finished games yet. We told them no.

at the time we were just looking for permission and we thought we found it.

November 2014 was the first time Fox had ever heard of Predator pinball.

When they asked us to take the things down from the website

Posts and updates from Kevin have dropped to non-existant levels. Kevin is evasive on questions concerning his true rights to the assets.

Let’s draw it back a little bit and stick with the agreement that we had.

Fox will be taking immediate action to stop Kevin.

to assume that there was absolutely no contact [with Fox] from the beginning to the end of this whole thing is somewhat irresponsible.

this process also inadvertently tipped Fox IP off to the project itself.

If we were trying to do something under the table, I mean I could probably do it a lot better than that.

People assumed there would be no way possible that any pinball creator or business [...] would have the brass balls and/or stupidity to [...] hide it all for safety, and simply PRETEND to have complete unincumbered rights to it all… [...] It just happened.

To say there was zero contact is mentally irresponsible.

He didn’t address anything about a license on the call. It was all questions.

We were told what we could do, but, as it more seems is, it is more like a fair use response

He said he was going to go look up Predator pinball, and give us his findings.

So this is what you can do with our IP, and those are the rules that we followed.

the tone of the call, and the material asked, sounded a lot like he had no clue about Predator pinball.

We took that as the permission, and we continued.

He had performed due diligence to make sure everything was searched, and he knew for sure.

Because, as far as we knew, we did. So it’s like, ‘Of course we do’, and we’ll just move on to the other questions everybody has.

He ended up wanting to know [...] how it came about, who’s manufacturing it, where are they being sold, etc.

You know, it never became a situation of, like, we should really look at the thing and post it.

Kevin NEVER had an actual license for ANYTHING on Predator. At any time. From day one. Of any scale, scope, or cost. Not a cent paid to anyone.

And by the time we were able to rectify the situation, it snowballed and exploded to something wholly uncontrollable.

the Predator project was unraveling on its own the last few months anyway. Pitchforks were out at varying times. Then Kevin would quell the masses with a poetic heroic email, and the pitchforks would go away.

I don’t understand the complaint. [...] I don’t know what the hell I did to anybody to make them this mad at me.

His plan was to attempt to build 250 Predators, license-less for all IP used.
Save/keep the license money. No approval processes, complete freedom.

It’s come to me from many people that there’s lots of speculation about who these [anonymous] people are, what they’re doing.

One of us still [has a monetary investment] actually, yes. [...] Two of us were pre-owners [...]

It’s come to my attention that a fairly small collection of people – 2 or 3 people – who were in on the project at one point, and bailed for whatever reason they had, and were refunded, and that was it.

Still not refunded, and have been trying since Q4 2014.

I don’t know where the animosity or the need to vilify me or my project comes from. I have no clue. No idea.

Removing who we are from the equation keeps the facts on track, to stand on their own, and just hang there in the light.

Well, I have to say, [...] wouldn’t that boil down to a matter of intent?

[His plan was to] completely hide the project after selling out the slots, to eliminate risk of ever getting caught.

it’s not a matter of deliberately lying to anybody.

Kevin couldn’t clearly explain it or produce compelling evidence [against the C&D letters].

if these anonymous folks would have started by contacting me [...] it would have been taken care of quietly and quickly.

new discussions [are] emerging about Kevin’s “Non-Profit” claims

It would be back on websites, and we would be able to promote the crap out of it

Those who are truly & legally licensed, proudly flaunt and promote their product(s) in the open market at all times.

in just a little bit more time it would have been handled completely up to the end.

it would seem odd that an infringer who was caught, C&D’d, and being sued, would be able to simply walk up at the end and buy a license for their production.

[Like] [...] we were doing it right and everyone else was doing it wrong for the last, like, forever.

The entire game, the last 2 years, was a case of Infringement.

we had to make some kind of a statement to get out in front of that, before it came out in a negative way.

The internet had long been scrubbed by Kevin of everything showing Skit-B is producing Predator.

I do not live the life of a multi-million dollar scam artist. I just don’t.

That means 240/250 (or 96%) of the funds should still be available, right? Somehow we don’t think so…

If I had any intent to scam people or rip someone off or just take the money and disappear and not do anything, I wouldn’t have assembled playfields in my shop, and I wouldn’t put my first and last name all over everything.

A white flag has been waved recently, that Skit-B self-admittedly isn’t even capable of building the run.

k7jgy.jpg
#7625 4 years ago

Can you get permission from the person you spoke with to send their contact information to the other owners that have been screwed? I really think it would be beneficial to you all as a group to have at least a dozen people contact the same person about the issue.

I have no money in this, but I'd like to help you guys and this is the only way I know how. Sorry if the advice offends anyone.

Trekie

Pinball addict

5 days ago
Post #6948¶quoteEdit

I asked and it doesnt work that way. Each complaint would be one count. As I understand it, the officers gather the basic info and pass it along to the detectives.
PM me and I will give you the Ph# for Central Dispatch. That will get the ball rolling.

#7626 4 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Great idea. Put the IRS in line before us to so they can seize all the money and make it that much harder for us to get our $.

The money is gone.

#7627 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekie:

The money is gone.

Not playing devil's advocate but do we know that for sure?

#7628 4 years ago

Correct....each complainant is a separate count. However, they only assign one investigator to the entire case. That way there is no duplication of efforts by different investigators. The investigator will be able to get an individual charge against Kevin for every complaint he gets from a victim. That's why it is important for every victim to make a complaint to the proper authority. The investigator will also get additional charges against Kevin and his family for "conspiracy to commit fraud" and some other charges too.

#7629 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekie:

The money is gone.

This. Once he had access to this money, he took it. He didn't leave it there because this was a con all the way. He took everybody's money by saying it was going into production. It didn't.

I am an expert in this field. Here is PayPal's hold policy:

"If PayPal places a hold on any or all of the payments you receive PayPal will provide you with notice of our actions. PayPal will release the hold on any payment after 21 Days from the date the payment was received into your Account unless you receive a Dispute, Claim, Chargeback, or Reversal."

Even if they held the money, they released it a long time ago. He converted it to cash, transferred it to another person, put it in the Bahamas or pissed it away. It is not at PayPal.

Once again, the focus has to be on Kevin. He knows where any remaining money is. PayPal does not.

#7630 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekie:

I asked and it doesnt work that way. Each complaint would be one count. As I understand it, the officers gather the basic info and pass it along to the detectives.
PM me and I will give you the Ph# for Central Dispatch. That will get the ball rolling.

I've worked with detectives before, you do have to file separate complaints, but they aren't going to assign them to different detectives. Get the name of the detective they are being assigned to, and make sure that guy has 100 complaints against Kevin Kulek to do research on.

#7631 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekie:

So how much of the Preator money did Kevin Kulek spend on EoD?
Did the EoD pin start after the first time Fox said stop?

Whatever he did with EoD was an official license, because Jaime appeared with them at the announcement. The announcement of EoD was July 2014. They whitewashed the Website in Oct 2013. Kevin has now admitted twice that that was when he received word from fox that they can't be advertising their bootleg game.

He cannot claim ignorance any time after october 2013 on the illegitimate status of his project, and he cannot claim ignorance of the legitimate license process any time after July 2014.

He asked for $3k Payment in Feb 2013 after the mission complete video. He set a deadline for that payment of June 2013. Those actions occurred AFTER he got clarification from fox that he can't be doing what he is doing, and AFTER or (at best) DURING negotiations with the mythbusters for a REAL license, thus ending his naiveté about how real licenses work.

Anyone who wants to give him the benefit of the doubt that he truely was just a dumb, naive kid thinking it could all get done legitimately, like he claimed, needs to remember those facts. He is a god-damn liar, most likely from the very start, trying to fund his Barbie-Dream-Career of being a Pinball Designer on the back of pinside.

#7632 4 years ago

things that make you go hmmm….

Interesting detailed post… Maybe too detailed… Look, he's from TN… That's really just one letter away from TX… I bet there are a lot of Trees in TN… Both Trees and Witches burn… But Trees are made of wood… and wood floats… Just like ducks!!! And Crash's avatar is Wet Willie, WHO ALSO FLOATS!!!! AND I BET HE WEIGHS THE SAME AS A DUCK!!!

HE'S A WITCH! HE'S AN AG WITCH!!

#7633 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekie:

...just ask Capone.

um, I think he's like, dead or something.

#7634 4 years ago
Quoted from Sjsilver:

things that make you go hmmm…. (Click image to enlarge)
Interesting detailed post… Maybe too detailed… Look, he's from TN… That's really just one letter away from TX… I bet there are a lot of Trees in TN… Both Trees and Witches burn… But Trees are made of wood… and wood floats… Just like Witches!!! And Crashes Avatar is Wet Willie, WHO ALSO FLOATS!!!!

lol

#7635 4 years ago

In case Kevin is reading this, will answer in code---

the ball is rolling
the cow has left the barn
the bacon is in the pan
the donuts have been chewed
the tractor has started plowing
the catcher called the sign

#7636 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekie:

You can also send me a PM and can give you the name of the deputy, and I also haven't heard anything yet. Will update once I find out.

#7637 4 years ago
Quoted from Sjsilver:

things that make you go hmmm…. (Click image to enlarge)
Interesting detailed post… Maybe too detailed… Look, he's from TN… That's really just one letter away from TX… I bet there are a lot of Trees in TN… Both Trees and Witches burn… But Trees are made of wood… and wood floats… Just like ducks!!! And Crash's avatar is Wet Willie, WHO ALSO FLOATS!!!! AND I BET HE WEIGHS THE SAME AS A DUCK!!!

DAGNABBIT, how did you know?! Now I gotta move to Abu Dhabi like that guy from Bowling Green!

#7638 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

As far as a comment on license being 50K, as it has been discussed before, it would likely not cost that much.

Source?
I find this statement difficult to believe

#7639 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Source?
I find this statement difficult to believe

Not quite what you're asking, but here's Roger Sharpe saying that all pinball licenses he's negotiated cost "far less than" $100 per machine.

http://pavlovpinball.com/pinball-licencing-101-how-much-why-and-harry-potter/

If Kevin were able to negotiate like Roger (ha!) he'd have been paying something less than $25k to Fox for the whole project. Of course he'd also have had to comply with licensing requirements for the design, actually pay for the music, etc ... All a total pipe dream in Kevin's case, of course.

#7640 4 years ago

Any refunds today?

#7641 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Not quite what you're asking, but here's Roger Sharpe saying that all pinball licenses he's negotiated cost "far less than" $100 per machine.
If Kevin were able to negotiate like Roger (ha!) he'd have been paying something less than $25k to Fox for the whole project. Of course he'd also have had to comply with licensing requirements for the design, actually pay for the music, etc ... All a total pipe dream in Kevin's case, of course.

But isn't that based on many, many more units? I would bet for only 250 machines, the cost per machine would be much more.

#7642 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekie:

Any refunds today?

I got a refund from White Castle because they screwed up my order....

#7643 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

i also believe that production volume plays into "per machine" cost... also, a "per machine" cost for "what ip?"... i can pretty much guarantee that if someone wants total free rein with ip (as kevin claimed he had), with no limitations, it's probably going to be considerably more (if you could even get the ip holder to agree to it in the first place)...

someone brought up the "long tall sally" licensing earlier... now, if he spent hours and money getting that license, to claim naivete when it comes to fox licensing is beyond disingenuous, it's outright deception...

#7644 4 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

i can pretty much guarantee that if someone wants total free rein with ip

Not gonna happen....

#7645 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Not gonna happen....

oh yea, i know that... there's no way that anyone with ip of any value is just going to let anyone do whatever they like with it... that's just not happening... i was just tossing that out there, since the supposed license allowed kevin to supposedly use whatever he wanted...

#7646 4 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

In case Kevin is reading this, will answer in code---
the ball is rolling
the cow has left the barn
the bacon is in the pan
the donuts have been chewed
the tractor has started plowing
the catcher called the sign

Is this the middle truth?

#7647 4 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

someone brought up the "long tall sally" licensing earlier... now, if he spent hours and money getting that license, to claim naivete when it comes to fox licensing is beyond disingenuous, it's outright deception...

Didn't he say on the Pinheadz Podcast that song was the most expensive part of the license, but it just had to be in the game? That was summer of 2014.

#7648 4 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Didn't he say on the Pinheadz Podcast that song was the most expensive part of the license, but it just had to be in the game? That was summer of 2014.

might have been... damned if i remember... keeping track of kevin's timelines is hard...

i suppose since he paid nothing for the fox license, the 99 cents he paid for the itunes download of "lts" technically WAS the most expensive part of the license...

#7649 4 years ago

Seriously now...after all of this whining nobody has yet contacted an investigator at the ...... State Attorney General yet?

Have you ever seen Michigan's Assistant Attorney General?

Here is Anderson Cooper interviewing him (beyond insane):

#7650 4 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

might have been... damned if i remember... keeping track of kevin's timelines is hard...
i suppose since he paid nothing for the fox license, the 99 cents he paid for the itunes download of "lts" technically WAS the most expensive part of the license...

Looking at the description of the podcast, I think it might have been episode 3 from February, 2014. When I get a chance to listen and find the interview, I'll quote his exact words.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Lighting - Led
3D MODS
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 119.00
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 7.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 69.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 146.66
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Decals
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Tilted Pinball
$ 6.00
Electronics
German-Pinball-Modular
There are 18278 posts in this topic. You are on page 153 of 366.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside