Topic Stats

• 18,269 posts
  • 815 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 37 days ago by Cobra99
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,540 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
194b3475e0440b8112afc0ac4ad5bf0ed0e8ec3db63fb4b6748a4f2e06a9865b (resized).jpg
31A053C2-4495-4E3E-980F-E5ADEA02F1DE (resized).jpeg
IMG_2933 (resized).JPG
beetlejuice-shrunken head (resized).jpg
2716720260_bc8966f6b1 (resized).jpg
D460F55E-AD42-43C6-91EB-B8162A84A094.gif
Screenshot_20190103-214734_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20181108-174321 (resized).png
Fife Appeal Sept 24 2018.pdf (PDF preview)
cat ooo 2.gif
7332539.attach (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

86 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 18269 posts in this topic. You are on page 152 of 366.
#7551 4 years ago

So refunds have already started? Could anyone who has received a refund from Kevin please start a new thread with the subject in capitals.

I RECEIVED A REFUND FROM SKIT-B

Thanks

#7552 4 years ago

No, only credit card charge backs. The rest is sarcasm because Kevin stated he will issue refunds but no one believes him.

Quoted from BigPhil:

So refunds have already started? Could anyone who has received a refund from Kevin please start a new thread with the subject in capitals.
I RECEIVED A REFUND FROM SKIT-B
Thanks

#7553 4 years ago

That article caused my first SkitB nightmare last night, well it could be deemed a great dream also but let me just say it didn't end well for Kevin. I sometimes think just let this go but its obviously causing inner turmoil, come on man just issue the goddamn refunds and problem is solved. I just can't believe this guy thinks he will ever be able to be part of the pinball world again, he doesn't deserve to be part of any world, well except this one.

alien-3-1992-sigourney-weaver-prisoners.jpg
#7554 4 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Maybe Kevin can build the pin "Idiocracy" when hes in jail.

a0133af6df8488abcb3bd3f0c2efd08e[1].jpg

#7555 4 years ago

I don't want any more poison words. I just want my money back. Like right effing now.

#7556 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

.he probably rightly feels the civil court judgments are less a danger than picking up bars of soap...

images.jpg

#7557 4 years ago

Tracelifter, great Traffic insert!

#7558 4 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

Issuing refunds is hard.

Didn't you get your refund last Oct before this all hit the fan?

Also, what is your favorite pinball forum?

#7559 4 years ago

Kevin just dugged a deeper hole. He can't remember what lie he told when.

#7560 4 years ago

What I find troubling is that not one single vender(Fast, Virtual Pin, The dude that made the plastics) asked for a copy of the licence agreement before they took on the project? How unprofessional are these guys to take on a project without confirming there is a proper licence in place before replicating licenced material?? I would say that everyone involved with the production of this project dropped the ball. I never thought business owners would be so unprofessional.

#7561 4 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

What I find troubling is that not one single vender(Fast, Virtual Pin, The dude that made the plastics) asked for a copy of the licence agreement before they took on the project? How unprofessional are these guys to take on a project without confirming there is a proper licence in place before replicating licenced material?? I would say that everyone involved with the production of this project dropped the ball. I never thought business owners would be so unprofessional.

Easy killer. Kevin lied to everyone, even the vendors. There is only one person blame should be directed at: Kevin Kulek.

Make sure to type out his name in full whenever you reference him. Google will eventually pick it up and search results for his name will start filling up with what he did to people.

#7562 4 years ago

Dear Google,

Kevin Whitney Kulek skit-b skitb is a thief and liar.

#7563 4 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

From what we've been told, the lies told to the vendor partners were far less ambiguous than the non-answers we were given. The cabinet guy said he had detailed conversations with Kevin about Fox approving the artwork, things that got changed for the license, etc.

It's these little details that will bury Kevin now, he can't just claim he thought he was all good.

#7564 4 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

I can't really blame them. Like them, I figured acquiring the license is the first and most important piece of the puzzle. Who in their right mind would start a project of this scope without that? I agree with Vid that there have been ripoffs in the past, but none that were the exact name and sounds and voices from the movie.

Who on this project wouldn't have paid an extra $250, making it an even $5000, to help cover the cost of the license?

#7565 4 years ago

The prospect of making money blinds many of us, the vendors ofcourse should have been more aware but people are easily fooled when it comes to the dollar, also if they recieved the money for their service, oh wait I meant our money then they are staying far away from all this.

run.jpg
#7566 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Easy killer. Kevin lied to everyone, even the vendors. There is only one person blame should be directed at: Kevin Kulek.
Make sure to type out his name in full whenever you reference him. Google will eventually pick it up and search results for his name will start filling up with what he did to people.

no question kevin is the only one to blame but these vendors were one of your 'safety valves' and should have asked for to see this fox agreement before they even looked at work he wanted done.not blaming don't get me wrong but this is part of producing a product like this..if one vendor miss this maybe no problem but all vendors did not ask to see paperwork...wow...

#7567 4 years ago

The license holder supplies the licensee a style guide, ie vector art that can be used, fonts etc, including any sound and video that can be used.

If there are any 3rd party licenses they may also be required ie actors that agreements might have expired

I think he made a game he wanted under fair use however decided to turn it into a commercial venture.

A lawyer or expert like Roger Sharpe could have sorted out a license, probably would have cost $50k
In license fees, now fox will still get their license fee without the games being made and all the ip used ,ie prototype games and copyright products will be destroyed as part of the settlement.

#7568 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

From what we've been told, the lies told to the vendor partners were far less ambiguous than the non-answers we were given. The cabinet guy said he had detailed conversations with Kevin about Fox approving the artwork, things that got changed for the license, etc.
It's these little details that will bury Kevin now, he can't just claim he thought he was all good.

I wonder if their were sign contracts with these vendors or was it done on a handshake? Kevin Kulek did tarnish their reputations with his lies. Do they have actual damages that they could sue for?

#7569 4 years ago

The interesting part of that interview, if true, was that the money was still in PayPal.

#7570 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekie:

I wonder if their were sign contracts with these vendors or was it done on a handshake? Kevin Kulek did tarnish their reputations with his lies. Do they have actual damages that they could sue for?

suing would be pointless, we're all hoping he can refund the money he's got.

There was a hint of trouble from a comment his wife made about trying to get money back from the cabinet guy. Any extra money the vendors take at this point is coming from the communal buyer's pot. So they're going to have to be careful about PR blowback if they get outed trying to take more when buyer's haven't been made whole yet.

#7571 4 years ago
Quoted from Cobra99:

I have an update. Just got off the phone with a midland deputy and gave him my personal info (had contacted him last week). He mentioned that he was going over to visit Kevin and his lawyer in the next 1/2 hour. The deputy will contact me in the next day or two to let me know what happened.

Cobra, when you speak to the deputy again please pass along information like what DCFan pointed out here (below). There is clear evidence of intent to deceive based on numerous comments Kevin has made over the past few years. This is criminal. If the deputy/detective needs more evidence please tell folks here.

Quoted from DCFAN:

RE: Skit-B's latest Pinball News propaganda.
Lies, damn lies. He specifically said getting the rights to the song was the most expensive part. I am forced to believe he never actually paid for the song rights either (i.e. he likely never made a financial deal to obtain the rights to use the song "Long Tall Sally" in his pinball machine). 1:24:45 of the podcast:

#7572 4 years ago

Kevin has shown no proof of any money remaining. He has a Paypal statement that shows all transactions. But no one has seen it. Kevin has done nothing to reassure anyone that refunds will be made. Kevins words are meaningless. Checks are in the mail?

#7573 4 years ago

When I read the Pinball News article last night, I was so furious that I decided it best to sleep on it. That rebuttal is lame, it doesn't answer a single question straight and is the worst apology ever. It leaves out all the crazy sh*t Kevin did and said. When the facts from this thread are overlaid with his story, it is sad to see how involved Kevin Kulek actually was in this whole fraud. Since at least Nov of 2011, he has been running a scam. There has been no acknowledgment of his role in this matter, although 100% of it is his fault. Instead he has taken no responsibility and it sickens me to know he is this delusional.

When Martin asked about the money ... Kevin needed to clarify for us - I was paid x dollars and have y dollars remaining. This can be verified by these screen shots of the account. I intend to refund money in the following manner [add extensive details]. The timetable for this began dd/mm/yy and should be complete dd/mm/yy. The best way for me ensure everyone is refunded their full money is (insight provided). I am doing everything in my power to make this happen. In fact, obstacles a & b prevented some of this from happening from when I said it would over two weeks ago and I apologize for that too. I intend to take actions c & d to remedy and these should fix the remaining issues by dd/mm/yy.

When I said refunds began, what I meant was that chargebacks had begun. Refunding is hard. But my intent is to distribute y dollars (in the following manner) and after fees, the shortfall is likely to be z. Never fear, I will be addressing that portion by implementing another set actions (list those actions here along with deadlines) and will be vigilant until all the money sent to me has been returned - every last cent. In the mean time, my contact info is (insert preferred phone, email, address, lawyer's info) and the best ways to reach me include ...

Nothing else matters right now except for returning the money. Then people might enjoy reading your side of the story. I don't want to hear any more bullsh8t coming from Kevin's direction. WHERE's the F%CKING MONEY, LEBOWSKI?

#7574 4 years ago

Sounds like he's just burying his head, waiting for it all to blow over. Well, its not going to blow over. Not now, not ever.

#7575 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

When Martin asked about the money ... Kevin needed to clarify for us - I have was paid x dollars and have y dollars remaining. This can be verified by these screen shots of the account. I intend to refund money in the following manner [add extensive details]. The timetable for this began dd/mm/yy and should be complete dd/mm/yy. The best way for me ensure everyone is refunded their full money is (insight provided).

Very true, he could have elaborated more on refund process in the article. Give a timetable of some sort...

#7576 4 years ago

Just received this from PayPal:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Dear Phil,
We were recently notified that you initiated a chargeback with your credit card issuer because you did not receive your item or service.
Here are the details of this case:
• Seller's name: Skit-B Pinball
• Seller's email: kevin@skitbpinball.com
• Seller's transaction ID: 17U(removed remaining alphanumeric characters)
• Your transaction ID: 557(removed remaining alphanumeric characters)
• Transaction date: June 26, 2014
• Transaction amount: -$2,750.00 USD
• Disputed amount: $2,750.00 USD
We are working with your card issuer to resolve this chargeback. If this issue is now resolved, please let your card issuer know, and cancel the chargeback in your Resolution Center.
To learn more about PayPal and paying securely, click Security near the bottom of any PayPal page.
Sincerely,
PayPal
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Well, no shite I submitted a chargeback with my credit card company against SkitB and Kevin Kulek. The clowns at PayPal refused to do anything about it. This was fraud; I did not receive the product the merchant promised on the date that was promised; return my money. Simple.

#7577 4 years ago

Has Kevin's lawyer been hiding in the kitchen this whole time?

#7578 4 years ago
Quoted from Russo121:

Sounds like he's just burying his head, waiting for it all to blow over. Well, its not going to blow over. Not now, not ever.

It WILL blow over unless good pinheads stand up and demand their rights - by filing suit against Kevin Kulek , KKK . He is counting on victims not pursuing legal action. Don't lay down for this . Stand up and sue Kevin Kulek.

#7579 4 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

It WILL blow over unless good pinheads stand up and demand their rights - by filing suit against Kevin Kulek , KKK . He is counting on victims not pursuing legal action. Don't lay down for this . Stand up and sue Kevin Kulek.

If you can suggest a way to do that for international folk. I'm all ears. I certainly don't intend to let this lie.

I have had some good advice from others on here (thankyou) but any other input would be gratefully appreciated.

#7580 4 years ago

"Kevin told us that although it is happening slowly and streadily, the refund process has begun and a number of those who pre-ordered have already received repayments."

the refund process has begun ??

#7581 4 years ago

This week's Dark Horse Comics book:
Archie vs Predator.jpg

Can somebody check if they have a license for this?

#7582 4 years ago
Quoted from Russo121:

If you can suggest a way to do that for international folk. I'm all ears. I certainly don't intend to let this lie.
I have had some good advice from others on here (thankyou) but any other input would be gratefully appreciated.

I will have progress on that within 24 hours. I have progress now just not complete yet. You WILL be able to file or report or whatever it is though, I assure you of that now. Just remember that lots of people won't do it just because they can. Let's all be sure we help everyone who wants to stand up do just that . Don't tread on me!

#7583 4 years ago

I don't get all the frustration at Paypal - why do people think Paypal owes them money? That would be like getting mad at your bank because you wrote a check to Skit-B a year ago and then go back to your bank and say you didn't receive the product and want your money back. It's the exact same thing people! Paypal's policies are clear as day - if you think Paypal is going to give you your money back after a lengthy time for a pre-sale item, that's your own lack of common sense and fault. Paypal is not some magic money protector - yes they have Buyer Protection, but you actually have to READ what that covers and how long it covers it for. It's not until infinity, yet so many people on here seemingly think it is. Stop blaming Paypal for not giving you your money back - it's not their responsibility - the risk was on your end. There's no harm in TRYING to get your money back and opening a case, nor in initiating a chargeback, but it's silly to get mad at Paypal for the risk that you knowingly took, expecting them to pay for it. Common sense.

#7584 4 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

I don't get all the frustration at Paypal

I think some people are saying that PayPal should NOT have taken Pre-Orders at all. It's not their policy.

#7585 4 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

He is a pathological liar. His intent of that article was to come off as incompetent and naive. The simple reason is the only other explanation would be willfull intent. His rationale is, "see I wasn't lying and trying to skirt the license. I'm so naive, I thought I had a license." What a manipulative lying scum.

When anyone starts out with: “You see the thing with that is.... <begin lying here>"

#7586 4 years ago

sorry, havent been following this thread. are there still preorder slots available?

#7587 4 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

sorry, havent been following this thread. are there still preorder slots available?

#7588 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I think some people are saying that PayPal should NOT have taken Pre-Orders at all. It's not their policy.

Paypal isn't the money police. You can request a payment through Paypal for a grenade launcher if you'd like. There isn't a human being monitoring every Paypal transaction. Again, it's just like your bank and writing a check. Your bank probably doesn't allow you to write a check for a stolen product, or for purchasing an illegal item. Does that mean that when you write the check, something out of a State Farm commercial happens and a bank agent shows up out of thin air to take the check from you so you can't give it to said person or prevents them from cashing it? Again, same thing.

Bottom line - stop blaming Paypal for someone else's fraud. It's not their responsibility, nor should anyone expect them to pay for it.

#7589 4 years ago

249.. I think Lowepg put money in again..

#7590 4 years ago

Kevin needs to put this patch on his shirts.

images.jpeg
#7591 4 years ago

I think the frustration at Paypal is they are seemingly doing nothing at all while waiting for a liar to act honestly. It's semi-confirmed that a large chunk of the money is sitting in a frozen (by Paypal) Paypal account, and since Kevin seemingly isn't terribly concerned about unlocking it and refunding it, it's frustrating for buyers who are asking for a refund since some/all of the money is actually under Paypal's control, even while Kevin does nothing.

My question to Paypal is (and I have no cash in this) - wtf is the plan here? If Kevin continues to do nothing, this money is tied up for how long? And until when? I applaud their actions to freeze the account after suspect transactions, but to what end? When does this action reverse against Kevin?

Hence the credit card chargebacks, which Paypal hates and is obviously whining about, but since they aren't forthcoming (and I'm not sure they even can be) what other options exist?

#7592 4 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

I don't get all the frustration at Paypal - why do people think Paypal owes them money?

Paypal facilitated an illegal activity.

#7593 4 years ago

^^^^^^^^^^ yes! yes! yes!

#7594 4 years ago

so, did the cabinet guy received a portion of the money, related to an illegal activity?

and further, vouched for Kevin?

It might time for the cabinet guy to seek council too.

Quoted from frolic:

Quoted from frolic:

suing would be pointless, we're all hoping he can refund the money he's got.
There was a hint of trouble from a comment his wife made about trying to get money back from the cabinet guy. Any extra money the vendors take at this point is coming from the communal buyer's pot. So they're going to have to be careful about PR blowback if they get outed trying to take more when buyer's haven't been made whole yet.

#7595 4 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

I don't get all the frustration at Paypal - why do people think Paypal owes them money? That would be like getting mad at your bank because you wrote a check to Skit-B a year ago and then go back to your bank and say you didn't receive the product and want your money back. It's the exact same thing people! Paypal's policies are clear as day - if you think Paypal is going to give you your money back after a lengthy time for a pre-sale item, that's your own lack of common sense and fault. Paypal is not some magic money protector - yes they have Buyer Protection, but you actually have to READ what that covers and how long it covers it for. It's not until infinity, yet so many people on here seemingly think it is. Stop blaming Paypal for not giving you your money back - it's not their responsibility - the risk was on your end. There's no harm in TRYING to get your money back and opening a case, nor in initiating a chargeback, but it's silly to get mad at Paypal for the risk that you knowingly took, expecting them to pay for it. Common sense.

First Paypal froze the account (possibly because of a preorder policy violation)
Then Paypal allowed my money to be deposited into that frozen account
Paypal is the one that issued the red flags on the account
Paypal has the duty (in all circumstances) to take care of me - I'm their customer

They don't have the right to be suspicious, take action and then keep the money.

#7596 4 years ago
Quoted from scott_freeman:

Unknowingly...It's not like Paypal was in cahoots with Kevin and had intent to commit fraud. If you claim Paypal facilitated an illegal activity, then every buyer of Predator also facilitated an illegal activity. Does Dick's sporting goods facilitate an illegal activity when they sell a ski-mask to a bank robber? Nope. It's wishful thinking to be blaming Paypal in this manner.

#7597 4 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

First Paypal froze the account (possibly because of a preorder policy violation)
Then Paypal allowed my money to be deposited into that frozen account
Paypal is the one that issued the red flags on the account
Paypal has the duty (in all circumstances) to take care of me - I'm their customer
They don't have the right to be suspicious, take action and then keep the money.

Your whole house of cards is based on alot of unknown assumptions. We don't know at this point what paypal did or didn't do. All we know is that they are denying refunds due to their policy of expiration. That's about it.

#7598 4 years ago
Quoted from scott_freeman:

This, exactly.

They kept their stance even after I provided them proof from Kevin Kulek that he did not have the license to build nor sell this game (using his own written words). They stood behind their policy as I expected them to. However, they are complicit in this as well through facilitating fraudulent activity as scott_freeman pointed out in his post.

So as to be correct, PayPal doesn't owe me any money. SkitB and Kevin Kulek does. I don't care where it comes from. Return it, period. He has a choice, either do it willingly or I will pursue legal means to get it back. Once of those choices is going to be less painful.

#7599 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Your whole house of cards is based on alot of unknown assumptions. We don't know at this point what paypal did or didn't do. All we know is that they are denying refunds due to their policy of expiration. That's about it.

My post is based on a conversation I had with a Paypal representative.

#7600 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

That rebuttal is lame, it doesn't answer a single question straight and is the worst apology ever. It leaves out all the crazy sh*t Kevin did and said. When the facts from this thread are overlaid with his story, it is sad to see how involved Kevin Kulek actually was in this whole fraud.

He does play a very weird "ignorance makes it okay" card. It's also strange how he intimates that just a month ago he had almost ironed everything out...but that the fervor created on the net has basically ruined everything.

I call shenanigans on that. If the deal was good, the deal would be good whether folks were throwing fits or not.

Lesson for anyone looking to manufacture anything: due diligance and professional help is a necessity from the start. Being blind is only going to cause problems.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
$ 10.00
Cabinet Parts
PinBoltCaps
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 89.00
Cabinet Parts
Pappy's Pinball Palace
$ 19.95
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 1,099.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 46.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
€ 159.00
Cabinet - Toppers
FlipperLED
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 269.00
Displays
Boston Pinball Company
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 18269 posts in this topic. You are on page 152 of 366.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside