Topic Stats

• 18,269 posts
  • 815 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 34 days ago by Cobra99
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,540 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
194b3475e0440b8112afc0ac4ad5bf0ed0e8ec3db63fb4b6748a4f2e06a9865b (resized).jpg
31A053C2-4495-4E3E-980F-E5ADEA02F1DE (resized).jpeg
IMG_2933 (resized).JPG
beetlejuice-shrunken head (resized).jpg
2716720260_bc8966f6b1 (resized).jpg
D460F55E-AD42-43C6-91EB-B8162A84A094.gif
Screenshot_20190103-214734_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20181108-174321 (resized).png
Fife Appeal Sept 24 2018.pdf (PDF preview)
cat ooo 2.gif
7332539.attach (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

86 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 18269 posts in this topic. You are on page 150 of 366.
#7451 4 years ago

Kevin isn't smart enough to be a sociopath.

Just so it doesn't get lost in this barrage of posts, buyers should contact cobra99 and get the name of the midland officer he spoke to, and contact them yourselves.

Don't let a day go by where someone with authority doesn't hear from one of the buyers. Make as much noise as possible. Kevin has a lawyer now, it's time to make some racket.

#7452 4 years ago

I wish Martin would have asked him if he ever bothered actually setting up a corporation. I know we don't yet know just how bad this is, but at least it doesn't sound like the worst case scenario where he did incorporate, paid himself a salary with everyone's money, and now would declare bankruptcy of the company.

#7453 4 years ago

I've summed up the article for everyone:

skitb

#7454 4 years ago
Quoted from asay:

I've summed up the article for everyone:
skitb.png (Click image to enlarge)

Lol, awesome. I can just imagine Kevin's lawyer being like "Umm, that's really the story you want me to argue for you? You just simply thought you had permission?"

#7455 4 years ago

I feel bad for Marco, the photo of that bastard has him wearing a Marco Specialties shirt.

#7456 4 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

I feel bad for Marco, the photo of that bastard has him wearing a Marco Specialties shirt.

fixed it

FCKFACE.jpg
#7457 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Remember this is the same rocket scientist who (apparently) thought Fair Use and Non-Profit would allow him to make a Predator game.
"We have the legal right to make these games"

Ben, you called it.

#7458 4 years ago

I'm just comparing today's article with this video...

#7459 4 years ago

Kevin is done with Pinside? Oh no he's not! Every word he says gets mirrored here thanks to you great bunch of folks. I love it when people try to hide from their accountabilities and fail miserably. Here's a hint, Kevin. Just. Stop. Talking.

#7460 4 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Here's a hint, Kevin. Just. Stop. Talking.

Better yet... Just...start...refunding!

#7461 4 years ago

".... and that's what I'm giving you now; the middle truth."

I gotta try this one on my wife.

#7462 4 years ago

Hope any and all Pinsiders will go out of their way to make Kevin Kulek and Crew as unwelcome as possible at any and all pinball events, expos, forums, etc. This scumbag and his cohorts should be blackballed by all involved in pinball. Absolute scumbag who likely deserves a significant ass kicking.

#7463 4 years ago

I'm still waiting for him to answer my emails. Anyone else?

He was right on top of emails when I was sending him money.

And when I emailed him that Pinside was angry at his lack of responses; got a response an hour later. Next day he started the whole 'two week update' crap.

#7464 4 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

".... and that's what I'm giving you now; the middle truth."
I gotta try this one on my wife.

i hope you have health insurance... i know i'd need mine if i tried that one on my wife...

#7465 4 years ago
images-1.jpeg
#7466 4 years ago

I'm not invested in the game.

But WOW!!!!!!!!!! That interview totally pissed me off. There's so much crap in there, I don't even know where to begin.

IMO, it was nothing but a complete lie. I hope everyone duped by him goes after him hard. Do not let him off the hook.

#7467 4 years ago
Quoted from BoozeMarlin:

Hope any and all Pinsiders will go out of their way to make Kevin Kulek and Crew as unwelcome as possible at any and all pinball events, expos, forums, etc. This scumbag and his cohorts should be blackballed by all involved in pinball. Absolute scumbag who likely deserves a significant ass kicking.

i think it is reasonable to say that kevin won't be real welcome at too many pinball events, et.al.... pinside may not be the entire pinball community, but i think it is safe to say that anyone who runs any type of event (at least here in the states) is a member here, and they are aware of what has happened...

#7468 4 years ago

That new article infuriates me, I can't imagine how it makes the people that paid money feel.

For him to even suggest that people should feel sorry for him is a complete insult. The little shit stain doesn't even understand why people are mad at him.

"Whhaaaaaaa, you guys involved my family, and I'm a giant pussy. Whaaaaaaaaa."

#7469 4 years ago
62c868de1e6e24bb413eb85c6b38ecc8.jpg
#7470 4 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

i think it is reasonable to say that kevin won't be real welcome at too many pinball events, et.al.... pinside may not be the entire pinball community, but i think it is safe to say that anyone who runs any type of event is a member here, and they are aware of what has happened...

Not that I condone it, but I would be willing to bet there will always be at least one person, at every event, willing to spend a night in the can for the honor of smacking him around a little.

#7471 4 years ago
images-1.jpeg
#7472 4 years ago

"It was the talk of the pinball world when we published our report into the Predator Pinball project and confirmed for the first time what had only been suspected up until that point - that Skit-B Pinball did not in fact have a licence for the use of the Predator name or any of the other assets used in the game."

I've been giving Martin at pinballnews a bunch of slack, even giving him the benefit of the doubt when he stretched the original reporting out with the ridiculous idea of saving a bootleg project when it completely burned most people's chargeback windows, but this article just pisses me off.

Maybe stop patting yourself on the back for your crackerjack reporting and possibly ask some real questions instead of just giving this s#!tbag a platform to position his uncontested side of the story as "the middle truth".

Seriously, you've been working on this story for months, you could have confronted him with numerous quotes that were provable lies and get him on record owning to the exact moment when he switched from "Naive idealist" to "Liar committing fraud". But no, he's given free range to still maintain the bulls#!t claim that he was never knowingly lying.

Yeah I know. Don't kill the messenger. But this is Sparta, Baby.

#7473 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

"Whhaaaaaaa, you guys involved my family, and I'm a giant pussy. Whaaaaaaaaa."

Kevin involved his family when he let his mom lie about the license to my face at expo.

#7474 4 years ago

Interesting choice by Kevin to employ the "I'm the worlds biggest fucking idiot" defense.

#7475 4 years ago

It's Fox's fault for being vague about the license

It's the AG's fault for sabotaging the project

It's Pinside's fault for the negativity

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Kevin's next scapegoat will be PayPal

#7476 4 years ago

If Kevin thought like this, it would've saved a lot of headaches:

images-3.jpeg
#7477 4 years ago
Quoted from Sjsilver:

Seriously, you've been working on this story for months, you could have confronted him with numerous quotes that were provable lies and get him on record owning to the exact moment when he switched from "Naive idealist" to "Liar committing fraud".

I understand the pt your making. It would have been great to ask questions like

What is the process issuing refunds?
Who's first, second third?
What would you tell your preorder customers who are reading this infuriated with the lack of responses from you, when will they get their refund? Paypal versus paid by check?
So you collected $1M. What is the total amount you have left to refund?

#7478 4 years ago
Quoted from movingpictures:

Interesting choice by Kevin to employ the "I'm the worlds biggest fucking idiot" defense.

Except that he says he actually thought he figured out a new licensing model that nobody had ever figured out before.

He says:

"And, to the point where we first started this thing and we had what we thought was an agreement, I thought I was being clever. Like we figured something out, and we were doing it right and everyone else was doing it wrong for the last, like, forever."

KevinTheGenius.jpg

#7479 4 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

What would you tell your preorder customers who are reading this infuriated with the lack of responses from you, when will they get their refund? Paypal versus paid by check?

If he asked any hard questions, Kevin would have refused the interview and blamed Pinball News for the project failing.

#7480 4 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Yeah I agree, but I know those questions would be answered with lies, so I would have liked him to ask some questions with evidence that would have directly contradicted his narrative and stopped his bullshit train in it's tracks.

#7481 4 years ago
Quoted from asay:

If he asked any hard questions, Kevin would have refused the interview and blamed Pinball News for the project failing.

Martin asked some hard questions. But yeah, doubt he would have answered some I listed.

#7482 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Except that he says he actually thought he figured out a new licensing model that nobody had ever figured out before.
He says:
"And, to the point where we first started this thing and we had what we thought was an agreement, I thought I was being clever. Like we figured something out, and we were doing it right and everyone else was doing it wrong for the last, like, forever."

KevinTheGenius.jpg

That, combined with details like not setting up a corporation. You just have to shake your head.

#7483 4 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

these questions should have been the entire interview.nothing else matter now....

#7484 4 years ago
Quoted from asay:

You offer him a place to state his side. You act like a journalist, not a stenographer, when you interview. If he gets backed into a logical corner and ends the interview early, you report it.

#7485 4 years ago

If he had issued prompt refunds then most of us I think would have been cool with it all, Ok he gave it a shot, he lied and blew the whole operation but at least we got our cash back. 3 weeks after the few short days comment and no one other than CC chargebacks have recieved shit, not one email explaining the delay, nothing. Bastard

#7486 4 years ago
Quoted from Sjsilver:

You offer him a place to state his side. You act like a journalist, not a stenographer, when you interview. If he gets backed into a logical corner and ends the interview early, you report it.

If he needed a place to state his side, replying to the emails from people who sent him thousands of dollars would be a great start.

#7487 4 years ago
Quoted from Sjsilver:

sometimes the best journalism comes from simply being a stenographer and letting the interviewee hang himself...

sure, he could have pressed on some of the issues mentioned above... i find it difficult to believe kevin would answer them and he did end the interview at that point*, possibly kevin doesn't try to pull off the charade that everyone has seen through...

not trying to be argumentative, because i don't want this to turn into "messenger discussion" instead of a "kevin discussion"... just saying that there's a couple different ways of thinking about it...

* and honestly, had he answered them would anyone have believed what he had to say anyway?

#7488 4 years ago

Honest question, can the mods lock Skit-B's (Kevin's) Pinside account? Or is there another way to prevent him from scrubbing (editing) all of hist posts? (If he hasn't already, but I doubt it.) I'm sure all of his comments on here can be used against him in a lawsuit. In this thread in particular I'm seeing a lot of claims such as "officially licensed".

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-predator-info-thread

I'm not sure how Kevin hearing a "here is what is considered fair use of IP" translated into "officially licensed." He just cannot claim ignorance there. No jury or judge in the world would believe it.

#7489 4 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

FWIW, apparently Skit-B has two public Facebook accounts:
1) The first account appears to be more current and is primarily focused on Game #2 (Experts of Dangerous)...
https://www.facebook.com/PinballBasement
2) The second account appears to be older and still has several photos with Predator content in the "Cover Photos" album...
https://www.facebook.com/skitb.pinball

It looks like Skit-B's second (older) Facebook account -- the one with the Predator content still visible at the time -- has now been either scrubbed or made private.

https://www.facebook.com/skitb.pinball

#7490 4 years ago

This article is exactly why I said I didn't care about Kevin's side of the story. I thought he was a lying piece of shit before. I think he's a lying piece of shit now.

Although I do appreciate his defense. Which is, apparently, "I'm not a lying piece of shit. I'm just really, really stupid."

#7491 4 years ago

he must have a shitty lawyer if he got away with speaking to pinball news

#7492 4 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

Honest question, can the mods lock Skit-B's (Kevin's) Pinside account? Or is there another way to prevent him from scrubbing (editing) all of hist posts? (If he hasn't already, but I doubt it.) I'm sure all of his comments on here can be used against him in a lawsuit. In this thread in particular I'm seeing a lot of claims such as "officially licensed".
I'm not sure how Kevin hearing a "here is what is considered fair use of IP" translated into "officially licensed." He just cannot claim ignorance there. No jury or judge in the world would believe it.

This. It would be an absolute farce if he could scrub away the proof of his lies.

#7493 4 years ago

/me checks his paypal account.... nope. still no refund.

#7494 4 years ago

This is a complicated case with many complainants to be interviewed, and a trail of paperwork to be lined up for the trial. It will take the prosecuting agency in Michigan more than a few weeks to put this mess together and present it to the prosecutor or Attorney General for warrants to be authorized. The best way to get the case sped up is for everyone to get their paperwork in a row chronologically to have their complete package ready for the investigator when you call him. If someone is already working with one investigator in particular please post his name and phone number here so that everyone can get their information to him directly without the case being looked at by 20 different people at differing jurisdictions.

#7495 4 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

When someone recently (mistakenly) said that Kevin was deleting posts, I personally went in and locked any thread started by Kevin. At the time it was showing that he hadn't logged in since early December and I couldn't find any blank posts, so I checked with Robin concerning his posts in other threads or his account in general. Robin doesn't want to lock the account on the off chance that Kevin actually comes here to post something, but nobody (but mods/Robin) can completely delete posts anyway. The only thing that can be done is editing and removing the text but the post box remains, PLUS the servers have back-ups so it wouldn't truly be deleted anyway. So... we're all good for now if he does try something.

#7496 4 years ago

So, how does Martin get to have speaks with Kevin, when:
I'm a paid in full customer.
I've sent him certified mail that he won't pick up from the post office.
I've left him email seeking contact.
I've left him voicemail seeking contact.
I've left his wife voicemail seeking contact with Kevin.

Martin, do you have an inside method of contacting Kevin? If so, give it to me.

#7497 4 years ago

I can only assume Kevin doesn't owe Martin any money

#7498 4 years ago

Show me the MONEY!!!

#7499 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Not that I condone it, but I would be willing to bet there will always be at least one person, at every event, willing to spend a night in the can for the honor of smacking him around a little.

Where can I sign up for this pre-order?

#7500 4 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

When someone recently (mistakenly) said that Kevin was deleting posts, I personally went in and locked any thread started by Kevin. At the time it was showing that he hadn't logged in since early December and I couldn't find any blank posts, so I checked with Robin concerning his posts in other threads or his account in general. Robin doesn't want to lock the account on the off chance that Kevin actually comes here to post something, but nobody (but mods/Robin) can completely delete posts anyway. The only thing that can be done is editing and removing the text but the post box remains, PLUS the servers have back-ups so it wouldn't truly be deleted anyway. So... we're all good for now if he does try something.

Good to know, thanks for the explanation.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
$ 15.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 7,199.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 34.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 26.95
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 29.95
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 229.00
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 149.00
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Texas Pinball
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 18269 posts in this topic. You are on page 150 of 366.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside