Topic Stats

• 18,301 posts
  • 815 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,544 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

72329539_10219705910182373_6362298985876553728_n (resized).jpg
pirateplayersclub (resized).jpg
case against keith.pdf (PDF preview)
_2_16-21030.pdf (PDF preview)
Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
194b3475e0440b8112afc0ac4ad5bf0ed0e8ec3db63fb4b6748a4f2e06a9865b (resized).jpg
31A053C2-4495-4E3E-980F-E5ADEA02F1DE (resized).jpeg
IMG_2933 (resized).JPG
beetlejuice-shrunken head (resized).jpg
2716720260_bc8966f6b1 (resized).jpg
D460F55E-AD42-43C6-91EB-B8162A84A094.gif
Screenshot_20190103-214734_Facebook (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

86 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 18301 posts in this topic. You are on page 147 of 367.
#7301 4 years ago

The "Snowden's". The AG. Why did they do what they did? Why didn't they do what they should have done? Clearly there are two sides of the discussion and both sides are dug in deep; without either side showing signs of capitulating. Well, the discussion has gone on a long time and the cows have come home. How about letting this piece of the ScatB Predator fiasco die of natural causes as it is truly a no-win? The argument/discussion cannot be won/resolved.

Cows_have_come_home.jpg

#7302 4 years ago

Right.....Or if someone has a problem with civil discussion they can leave the thread, like Kevin.

#7303 4 years ago

I just dont think it serves any purpose to focus my anger on anyone other than Kevin. Recompense can only be collected from one guy, KKK (KrappyKevinKulek). If I am angry at how anyone did anything else, that ENTIRE thought process and emotion is a waste of time, for me at least. It will get me absolutely NADA, bupkis, the big zero. There is actually a chance at recovery from KKK - just look in this thread. Most victims will just write it off and do nothing. KKK and his family are counting on that.

If you want to help pinball as a whole and this community especially - GO AFTER KKK. No holds barred legally. Don't let spending a few thousand dollars stop you if you can afford it.

Do not let Kevin Kulek off the hook. He has victimized all of us. Time to stop being a victim, stop whining about how much it hurts (and it does), and go on the attack. Fight back. Don't just lay there and take it. Payback. Hit him where it will hurt him permanently with a non-dischargeable fraud judgement that will follow him forever.

#7304 4 years ago

Well at least we know he, or at least his bank, is still alive!

They disputed my claim.

#7305 4 years ago
Quoted from playboywillis:

They disputed my claim.

That's interesting. I could be mistaken, but I think this is the first we have heard of him actively disputing claims?

Can you share details?

#7306 4 years ago

They disputed my claim.

Fight.jpg
#7307 4 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

Right.....Or if someone has a problem with civil discussion they can leave the thread, like Kevin.

You have missed the point entirely. Regardless of which side of this you may be on is completely irrelevant. Neither side is going to convince the other of who is right. We have read many, many pages of this particular topic and where have we gotten? We are at the same place we began. Is it so important that someone can thump their chest and say, "Look, I was right."?

What's done is done and cannot be undone. Continuing this finger-pointing is much akin to a urinary olympics. Let's just focus the discussion squarely where it needs to be, on Kevin Kulek and ScatB. I'm all for civil discussion provided new and fresh ideas are brought to play. Rehashing and volleying the same points is rather circular, don't you think?

#7308 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Fight.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

I'll go with Raiden on this one

#7309 4 years ago

They disputed my claim.

What???

#7310 4 years ago

mdn.gif

#7311 4 years ago

The best thing now in this thread would be for the gifs and these arguments to stop and focus on who got charge backs and especially why Playboywillis had his challenged.

#7312 4 years ago

I believe my bank makes a claim to his bank, which disputed it. It's not like Kevin is picking and choosing I don't think.

#7313 4 years ago

I believe my bank makes a claim to his bank, which disputed it. It's not like Kevin is picking and choosing I don't think.

But they still have to win the dispute right?

#7314 4 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Every time this perspective is brought up, the OP is attacked by a contingent of CA & TX pinsiders. So I ask a simple question to those who frequently attack and thumbs down (3 people total) - are you part of AG? Because you three sure are acting defensive.

This is what it says about downvote:
"Downvote posts you disagree with, that are off-topic or that add little to Pinside."

I disagree with your accusatory rhetoric. I disagree with the immature way you are trying to "out people" who happen to live in 2 states as though their residence has anything to do with anything. Here's some sleuthing for dummies. AG were all buyers. Rob and I have never been buyers. We just think you're being a dick. End of story.

Quoted from badbilly27:

Witchunt? McCarthy? Save the dramatics for a Family Guy episode. I asked a question, not of the entire group but of those who have been the most outspoken in posting and consistent thumbs down against anyone who critiques the "how" AG communicated. Three outspoken people. Interesting only one chose to answer direct (RobT). You just start name calling and more attacking. It was a simple question that really got under your skin for some reason. My answer would be simply - "No I am not nor do I know anyone. I just support AG and how they communicated."

What is this, an interrogation? Who are you to tell me how I should answer your non stop accusations? What is this, the Pinside equivalent waterboarding? You think if you keep going and going you'll get the answer you want? It's not my job to be part of your nonsense....how about you start acting like a rational adult!

Quoted from badbilly27:

It's a question Greg and you turn it into something personal.

Look in the mirror, hypocrite. Me making it personal!? I was content to just read this thread to see if there was any new information about the situation, hopefully people getting their refunds. I didn't want to clutter it with this type of PinDrama BS...so hit the DISAGREE button when I saw people acting poorly....like you, with your incessant witch hunt tactics. I only popped in when YOU called me out by name...and now you're making personal references toward my job. I'm getting personal!? Again...do you lack all self awareness? You brought my name into it, and unfortunately I don't like to stay quiet when bullies and/or hypocrites are flapping their gums.

#7315 4 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

But they still have to win the dispute right?

Yes, but I knew before filing a claim that it would be tough for me regarding the time that has passed.

#7316 4 years ago

I think Pinside needs to do what Disqus did, and that's removing "Downvoting" as a whole. Only use the "Upvote" which is more productive and does not generate hate between two users. Probably half of the arguments on Pinside happen because of downvoting. Sorry but that's the truth.

#7317 4 years ago
Quoted from nintendo:

I think Pinside needs to do what Disqus did, and that's removing "Downvoting" as a whole. Only use the "Upvote" which is more productive and does not generate hate between two users. Probably half of the arguments on Pinside happen because of downvoting. Sorry but that's the truth.

Same thing on Facebook, right? You can only "Like" something. No hating.

#7318 4 years ago

Yes, but I knew before filing a claim that it would be tough for me regarding the time that has passed.

Stay on it.

#7319 4 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

Same thing on Facebook, right? You can only "Like" something. No hating.

I will definitely recommend this to Pinside officially. It's counterproductive which is why both Facebook and Disqus removed that option. People already downvoting my posts in spite

#7320 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

This is what it says about downvote:
"Downvote posts you disagree with, that are off-topic or that add little to Pinside."
I disagree with your accusatory rhetoric. I disagree with the immature way you are trying to "out people" who happen to live in 2 states as though their residence has anything to do with anything. Here's some sleuthing for dummies. AG were all buyers. Rob and I have never been buyers. We just think you're being a dick. End of story.

What is this, an interrogation? Who are you to tell me how I should answer your non stop accusations? What is this, the Pinside equivalent waterboarding? You think if you keep going and going you'll get the answer you want? It's not my job to be part of your nonsense....how about you start acting like a rational adult!

Look in the mirror, hypocrite. Me making it personal!? I was content to just read this thread to see if there was any new information about the situation, hopefully people getting their refunds. I didn't want to clutter it with this type of PinDrama BS...so hit the DISAGREE button when I saw people acting poorly....like you, with your incessant witch hunt tactics. I only popped in when YOU called me out by name...and now you're making personal references toward my job. I'm getting personal!? Again...do you lack all self awareness? You brought my name into it, and unfortunately I don't like to stay quiet when bullies and/or hypocrites are flapping their gums.

wow! possible new theme! pinball waterboarding...

#7321 4 years ago
Quoted from nintendo:

People already downvoting my posts in spite

Just being funny : )

#7322 4 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Just being funny : )

Upvote!

#7323 4 years ago

Offtopic to almost everything else goin' on in this thread...

+1 for IT Crowd.

#7324 4 years ago
Quoted from nintendo:

I will definitely recommend this to Pinside officially. It's counterproductive which is why both Facebook and Disqus removed that option. People already downvoting my posts in spite

Meh. Facebook is weak, and their theory is wrong.

Many people prefer to simply down vote as apposed to a written response. The written response encourages participation. In affect Facebook gets people to debate eachother instead of click a button.

We can do both.

#7325 4 years ago

I'm assuming you used a credit card and paid through Paypal? (I'm also assuming Skit-B was never set up to accept credit cards in any other manner as that would involve credit approval, etc.).

If that were the case, it would be Paypal who is disputing the claim.

They could be doing it on behalf of and at the direction of Skit-B, or they could be doing it because they are losing their a** on this account and have decided to start fighting back, or it could be any number of other unknown reasons. It's probably not a good sign if Paypal is now putting up barriers.

#7326 4 years ago
Quoted from nintendo:

think Pinside needs to do what Disqus did, and that's removing "Downvoting" as a whole. Only use the "Upvote" which is more productive and does not generate hate between two users. Probably half of the arguments on Pinside happen because of downvoting. Sorry but that's the truth.

We need downvoting, because sometimes people give tech advice that is totally wrong.

You've got to downvote before someone damages their game.

#7327 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

We need downvoting, because sometimes people give tech advice that is totally wrong.

Then leave the "disagree" option for technical forums only?

#7328 4 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

Then leave the "disagree" option for technical forums only?

Sometimes it's just quicker to disagree, than to post the reasons for disagreeing in any thread.

#7329 4 years ago

Hey all...the upvote/downvote is something we discuss amongst the mods fairly regularly. If you guys feel strongly about it, open a feature request/feedback thread about it, but let's not throw yet another sidetrack into this train wreck thread!

#7330 4 years ago

Lets just not be sissys. Or, not type dumb statements, and all will be fine.

To be fair here, I have likely been guilty of both, and I'm ok with that

#7331 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Damn that's a valid point. That point alone overrides any negative/arguments that comes from it.

#7332 4 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

Hey all...the upvote/downvote is something we discuss amongst the mods fairly regularly. If you guys feel strongly about it, open a feature request/feedback thread about it, but let's not throw yet another sidetrack into this train wreck thread!

I think vid1900 pretty much closed that debate lol. I've read some bad advice on here and it's true, I didn't act right away due to the downvotes.

Quoted from vid1900:

#7333 4 years ago
Quoted from nintendo:

i think this would be silly, and would only result in more "nasty posts"...

guess what? people are allowed to disagree, and express that disagreement.... it is much better that i push "downvote" rather than express my disagreement in a post, which just gives the argument legs...

if you are really THAT worried about it, you need to re-examine your priorities in life...

#7334 4 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

if you are really THAT worried about it, you need to re-examine your priorities in life...

I guess your priorities are in line if you're questioning what mine are?

#7335 4 years ago
Quoted from nintendo:

Quoted from PEN:

Meh. Facebook is weak, and their theory is wrong.
Many people prefer to simply down vote as apposed to a written response. The written response encourages participation. In affect Facebook gets people to debate eachother instead of click a button.
We can do both.

I agree with Pen. If this thread has taught us anything, it is that positivity policing can be just as bad for a community as runaway negativity.

Like others have said, both the upvote and downvotes are useful tools in discourse. Sometimes it allows people to disagree or agree without coming in and repeating the same arguments as 70 different other people (we have enough of that already). Sometimes it is a very quick visual identifier of trolls or thoughtful commentors. Sometimes both can be abused, as factions arise to flood comments with popularity or scorn based on who wrote it, and not the content. But to go after only the downvote is to ignore the other side of the coin, and give even more power to the positivity police.

I would say that "Half" is an exaggeration, but nintendo is right that at least some arguments happen because of downvoting. From my view, the mods are pretty good at moderating things when they devolve in to silly back and forth bicker-fests (the logical conclusion to almost all "Quit downvoting me" posts), and that is a better trade-off than the complete elimination of a useful tool.

EDIT: Sorry, started hit send before I saw the request not to derail further. Feel free to downvote

#7336 4 years ago
Quoted from Sjsilver:

Sorry, started hit send before I saw the request not to derail further. Feel free to downvote

Upvoted out of spite

#7337 4 years ago
Quoted from Sjsilver:

I agree with Pen. If this thread has taught us anything, it is that positivity policing can be just as bad for a community as runaway negativity.
Like others have said, both the upvote and downvotes are useful tools in discourse. Sometimes it allows people to disagree or agree without coming in and repeating the same arguments as 70 different other people (we have enough of that already). Sometimes it is a very quick visual identifier of trolls or thoughtful commentors. Sometimes both can be abused, as factions arise to flood comments with popularity or scorn based on who wrote it, and not the content. But to go after only the downvote is to ignore the other side of the coin, and give even more power to the positivity police.
I would say that "Half" is an exaggeration, but nintendo is right that at least some arguments happen because of downvoting. From my view, the mods are pretty good at moderating things when they devolve in to silly back and forth bicker-fests (the logical conclusion to almost all "Quit downvoting me" posts), and that is a better trade-off than the complete elimination of a useful tool.
EDIT: Sorry, started hit send before I saw the request not to derail further. Feel free to downvote

Well said Sjsilver. I fell victim to tunnel vision, only seeing the "bad" of downvoting because I just saw a few "downvote" battles between members. Thanks all for making me see the good side of having it .

#7338 4 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Upvoted out of spite

I should start fights with people who upvote me.

"What's your problem, man? If I want high fives, I'll give them to myself over a pint of ice cream and a Golden Girls marathon. I come to the internet to argue with people who are wrong! Either point out my logical flaws and strap into this semantic see-saw, or GTFO!"

#7339 4 years ago

The internet hurt my feelings mom.

#7340 4 years ago

LOL.. who cares about Upvoting or Downvoting? Did Skit-B started those swiftly refunds?

#7341 4 years ago

#7342 4 years ago
Quoted from nintendo:

I guess your priorities are in line if you're questioning what mine are?

you missed my point...

my point is "don't sweat the downvoting".... it's merely a sign of disagreement... and that you shouldn't be bothered by people on the 'net disagreeing with you...

sure, some people piss in each others cheerios... it doesn't take long to figure out who they are, and to disregard their opinion as unimportant...

#7343 4 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

you missed my point...
my point is "don't sweat the downvoting".... it's merely a sign of disagreement... and that you shouldn't be bothered by people on the 'net disagreeing with you...
sure, some people piss in each others cheerios... it doesn't take long to figure out who they are, and to disregard their opinion as unimportant...

Stop dude. Really. My initial post was not bashing the downvoting feature because I was "bothered by people on the 'net disagreeing with you...".

This is not the first time you've twisted my words around. Like NGGecko said, let's stop with the sidetracking and that starts with you.

#7344 4 years ago
Quoted from nintendo:

Stop dude. Really. My initial post was not bashing the downvoting feature because I was "bothered by people on the 'net disagreeing with you...".
This is not the first time you've twisted my words around. Like NGGecko said, let's stop with the sidetracking and that starts with you.

It read as though he was being diplomatic, not trying to be a D.

#7345 4 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

It read as though he was being diplomatic, not trying to be a D.

Personal attack by him, and now suggesting that I "missed his point" is not exactly diplomatic. It's not the first time he's insulting me out of the blue. Everyone else responded to my suggestion with explanations, he flat out wants to troll me.

#7346 4 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

Sixteen posts about upvote/downvotes since a moderator posted this! Ooops! Mine makes 17.

#7347 4 years ago

I was told that you could collect and redeem 7,000,000 Pinside Karma Points for a Wiliams F-14 Tomcat!?

#7348 4 years ago
Quoted from nintendo:

I think Pinside needs to do what Disqus did, and that's removing "Downvoting" as a whole.

This would be akin to actually cutting off Greg's left thumb. Whatever would he do??

#7349 4 years ago

Do I get moderator status with those 7 million points? Muuhahahahaha

Alright, back on topic. Pinballnews.com hasn't updated their page yet about a follow-up to their Skit-B Pred story. I am eagerly awaiting...

#7350 4 years ago
Quoted from Sjsilver:

I should start fights with people who upvote me.

k4m5y.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models
$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
BK Pinball
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 142.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 135.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
$ 239.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
£ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball
There are 18301 posts in this topic. You are on page 147 of 367.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside