Topic Stats

• 18,272 posts
  • 815 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,540 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
194b3475e0440b8112afc0ac4ad5bf0ed0e8ec3db63fb4b6748a4f2e06a9865b (resized).jpg
31A053C2-4495-4E3E-980F-E5ADEA02F1DE (resized).jpeg
IMG_2933 (resized).JPG
beetlejuice-shrunken head (resized).jpg
2716720260_bc8966f6b1 (resized).jpg
D460F55E-AD42-43C6-91EB-B8162A84A094.gif
Screenshot_20190103-214734_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20181108-174321 (resized).png
Fife Appeal Sept 24 2018.pdf (PDF preview)
cat ooo 2.gif
7332539.attach (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

86 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 18272 posts in this topic. You are on page 142 of 366.
#7051 4 years ago

Both can wear both hats.
As moderator, pinsider and burned customer and he as Designer-Pincompany, Dissed Vendor,pinsider.
Both have been here in the community a long time and both suffered enough in this mess to vent once and a while and be angry in whatever hat they wear at that time.

#7052 4 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

I understand that it had to be rough watching Skit-B sell out with a waiting list while non-licensed AHM limped along for a little bit trying to sell 100 units despite people claiming they wanted original unlicensed games. And surely it hurt that it didnt get much recognition even when it was the first boutique game made and delivered. It had to feel good that interest in AMH rose greatly after Predator was a dead project and (to my understanding) AMH has now sold out. And I honestly have no clue what, if any, kind of relationship/communication/drama there was between Skit-B and Benheck/AMH.

Well, at least your last sentence was accurate (about having no clue about the relationship between Skit-B and AMH/Spooky).

Spooky was going to make parts, including the playfields, for Predator.

Yep, sounds like some bitter hatred/drama going on there for sure!

#7053 4 years ago

How did Spooky get burned in this again? Was there an actual amount lost, or just that they were going to get paid for eventually making everything?

#7054 4 years ago

Robertmee... you are absolutely right about it being virtually impossible to post any opinions as a "non-mod" when there's a mod status beside my name. Which is why I tried to quantify the whole post as "my opinion" and not anything said with my moderator hat on. I'm on here for hours a day but rarely ever post anything of substance because of that reason. I bite my tongue quite a bit, but occasionally it gets away from me. Anything I say automatically carries more weight to it because of my status, and that was basically the point that I was trying to make to Ben as well. Him making those posts carried much more weight as a manufacturer and highly respected member of the hobby than anyone else, just like now apparently my opinion is "over the top" because I am also a mod.

I do understand where his feelings come from given the history of Pred vs AMH, which I went into great detail about. And if he wants to post it, I'm sure as heck (ha) not going to stop him. But it doesn't mean that I can't have an opinion also, which I tried to write as objectively as possible with understanding to his situation. There was no hatred or bitterness backing that post, just disappointment really, but if it "reeks of personal involvement and butt hurt" then I apologize. My butt is currently pretty zen, but I'm in a much better position all-around than most since I'm just waiting out the hold time on my chargeback to expire to get back most of my money instead of "silence limbo" on all of it like many are. That was a sincere congrats to him as well, no sarcasm at all. (I can't even fix my broken pins, much less make one from scratch and start my own company, so he deserves lots of credit.)

I was just trying to say that if I had the money in hand and was actively looking to buy a NIB pin to fill the hole that Predator left, that his posts would have turned me off and made me not even consider his pin as an option. But at this point I've realized that I have no business or reason to be spending $5K on a new pin anyway. There are hundreds of cheaper used games that I've never even played, and I can't justify spending that much money anyway for only myself and my husband to occasionally play it in our pinball desert.

Ben/Spooky- I knew that you were printing the playfields and plastics, but wasn't aware that you were working extensively on the UV issues. I know someone that spent months and hundreds of their own dollars trying to find the right bulb set-up to make the UV work... with no results, no thanks, and no reimbursement from Kevin. I want you to know that I appreciate the hard work that obviously went into that. Also, I think "SOLAR FRICKIN' ROADWAYS" sometimes when driving over the new bumpy-tiled (non-solar) pedestrian crossings in town.

#7055 4 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

But the constant bashing and blatant piling-on of how awful the Predator game was by you since the project failed has rubbed me the wrong way as completely unprofessional. It reeks of a bitter rival gloating that the competition failed and rubbing it in the faces of buyers to prove that they backed the wrong machine.

He's not wrong. I'm pretty surprised anyone still wanted it after playing it at any of the shows it was actually working at.

Different strokes, I guess.

#7056 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I'm disappointed to see so much money pulled out of the market and be turned into nothing.

This is part of the bigger picture there are only so many dollars to be spent on games and viable manufacturers could have used this money to keep their operations going.
I have no idea about JPop seems like that show has been going on for a long time but I have never seen a game.
Then there is TBL Gary dropped the ball on that one by dismissing out of hand so not only did he lose the sales on a blockbuster game he allowed another start up to take future profits away from Stern.
Pinball has always been a cutthroat business but before the preorder model it was manufacturers doing it to each other now it is the end users taking the hit.

#7057 4 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

7,000 posts and not allowed to post Boobs to celebrate the event

Well they come in twos
Hard to choose

#7058 4 years ago

Tough crowd. People bashing a mod for expressing their opinions as a customer and then praising a manufacturer who comes in here and bashes a competitors machine(Very unprofessional in my eyes). Anyone who come and starts kicking sand around in my play box sure wouldn't get my business on principle alone.

#7059 4 years ago
Quoted from Cobra99:

praising a manufacturer who comes in here and bashes a competitors machine(Very unprofessional in my eyes).

There's no "machine" to bash and SkitB is plainly no longer a "competitor" to anyone. Also as noted a dozen times above Spooky did work on the Predator playfield which sounds more like collaboration than competition.

#7060 4 years ago

A good company loves and defends it's customers. A good company has every right to hate the people that ripped off their customers.

#7061 4 years ago

We needed something to refer to SkitB in the future.

#7062 4 years ago

Also comes in female version. Picture just gets swapped out.

#7063 4 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Ben/Spooky- I knew that you were printing the playfields and plastics, but wasn't aware that you were working extensively on the UV issues. I know someone that spent months and hundreds of their own dollars trying to find the right bulb set-up to make the UV work... with no results, no thanks, and no reimbursement from Kevin. I want you to know that I appreciate the hard work that obviously went into that. Also, I think "SOLAR FRICKIN' ROADWAYS" sometimes when driving over the new bumpy-tiled (non-solar) pedestrian crossings in town.

Inside joke I know you will get by my just posting this quote. All in fun with a smile on my face.

#7064 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

There's no "machine" to bash and SkitB is plainly no longer a "competitor" to anyone. Also as noted a dozen times above Spooky did work on the Predator playfield which sounds more like collaboration than competition.

Ok splitting hairs. Still unprofessional to come on here and openly bash a pinball machine when you sell pinball machines.

#7065 4 years ago
Quoted from Cobra99:

Ok splitting hairs. Still unprofessional to come on here and openly bash a pinball machine when you sell pinball machines.

Tricky; I never played Predator as the one show I saw it at it sat off every time I walked by.

Calling it a poorly playing crapfest could be accurate; at least Ben has shown what he can do is not a couch quarterback in that regard. Still, you are right that it would be less off putting if he was a defender of the people, rather than making some people feel even worse for staying in on a "piece of crap". No good option there, its a scam/vaporware, or I get a clunkfest delivered. Woot.

#7066 4 years ago

Unprofessional = defrauding money from people into a machine that could never be built.

#7068 4 years ago
Quoted from Cobra99:

I am pretty sure (Jersey) Jack bashed Stern Pinball and GARY STERN more than once.

#7069 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Unprofessional = defrauding money from people into a machine that could never be built.

I 100% agree

#7070 4 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

I am pretty sure (Jersey) Jack bashed Stern Pinball and GARY STERN more than once.

Yes and the same rules apply. Makes me think twice about buy a JJP machine.

#7071 4 years ago

I've always found that thinking gets in the way of me buying a pinball machine

#7072 4 years ago
Quoted from Cobra99:

Yes and the same rules apply. Makes me think twice about buy a JJP machine.

So you instead prefer a world where everyone just blows smoke up your rear to make sure they don't offend anyone.. and aren't allowed to speak their mind.

Cheeky...

#7073 4 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

So, if you had had money in this and had gotten ripped off by Kevin, you still would maintain that same sentiment? Especially, when the person makes multiple posts, in numerous threads, about how the game that you put money into 'sucked ass but at least they brought it to shows' and never would have 'made it' no matter what?
That's some serious Monday morning quarterbacking, especially posting it in a thread where everyone is still trying to get any portion of their money back. Sorry I didn't invest in your company, but f*(k off with the "I knew it all along" attitude that only came out after the proverbial shit hit the fan.

I think you read my post wrong. I was replying to the guy who was so butthurt that Ben would talk smack about skitb that we would never buy a game from Ben regardless of the quality. I think that individual is very sensitive or something that he would care at all what Ben said about skitb, all of which was and is true.

#7074 4 years ago

I wish one of these guys had ordered a Predator, prompt refunds would have been issued.

317491-the-sopranos.jpg
#7075 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I wish one of these guys had ordered a Predator, prompt refunds would have been issued.

317491-the-sopranos.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

What makes you think we didn't

#7076 4 years ago

This whole mess should at the very least make everyone think twice before trying to silence or unknowingly silence people who have information and opinions that could have saved many people from disappointment

As for Ben H., he has always shown himself to be honest and intelligent, and nothing has changed.

#7077 4 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

people who have information and opinions that could have saved many people from disappointment

Especially when they sit on that information for months pulling a majority of the 'plebs' out of the chargeback timeframe

#7078 4 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

Especially when they sit on that information for months pulling a majority of the 'plebs' out of the chargeback timeframe

Yeah they got theirs and then sat back and let others swing.
I don't blame them for wanting to stay anonymous since they enabled so many people to just get screwed by letting the clock run.
Just par for the course in the hooray for me and fu(k you world we live in.
I hope they choke on their refunds.

#7079 4 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

I know if they had openly told the story about Skit-B when they knew it I could have received about 80% of my money back. Oh well lesson learned, im done with this hobby.

#7080 4 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

Yeah, I have read this opinion over and over, and you are entitled to it. I have a different opinion. How many people (self included) do you think held back extreamly sound advice as a direct result of the "culture" and or policy of many threads? <Retorical question.

#7081 4 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Oh well lesson learned, im done with this hobby.

Whoa now, let's not jump ship over an isolated incident! This doesn't make your existing games any less fun, or Pinside suddenly vanish, or the various awesome parts stores and expo events shut down. Don't let it bother you, keep flippin' man!

#7082 4 years ago

I know if they had openly told the story about Skit-B when they knew it I could have received about 80% of my money back. Oh well lesson learned, im done with this hobby.

Don't give up on pinball. Purchase machines directly from a distributor.

I know Stern isn't everyone's favorite, but they do have the best business model for the community.

#7083 4 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

Yeah, I have read this opinion over and over, and you are entitled to it. I have a different opinion. How many people (self included) do you think held back extreamly sound advice as a direct result of the "culture" and or policy of many threads? <Retorical question.

Exactly.

Hater.

#7084 4 years ago

If anyone has the handles of the anonymous group and don't mind sharing them with me hit me up on PM so I know who to ignore on this site, I have a feeling on 1 or 2 but im not 100% sure.

#7085 4 years ago

If anyone has the handles of the anonymous group and don't mind sharing them with me hit me up on PM so I know who to ignore on this site, I have a feeling on 1 or 2 but im not 100% sure.

Kc, You got to let this AG thing go. You are relentless in this pursuit for wanting to know who they are,
Who they are doesn't matter in the least.
Do you really care who was the whistle-blower in the Bernie Madoff scandal?
Your thinking is back-wards.

You keep saying you want proof from them, it's not them that need's to provide the proof,
It's Kevin..!!! Kevin needed to provide proof he had a license for predator.!!,
which he does not, but , he stated he did...
what part of that don't you understand? Just let it go already.

#7086 4 years ago

Man, I know this situation sucks, but the hobby is still today what it was last year, a lot of fun. What Kevin did sucks. Don't let it suck the life out of your enthusiasm for pinball. You have a really nice collection.

#7087 4 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

Not according to him, and multiple other people involved.

Quoted from limelime20:

what part of that don't you understand?

Quoted from limelime20:

Just let it go already.

#7088 4 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

Kc, You got to let this AG thing go. You are relentless in this pursuit for wanting to know who they are,
Do you really care who was the whistle-blower in the Bernie Madoff scandal?
Your thinking is back-wards.
You keep saying you want proof from them, it's not them that need's to provide the proof,
It's Kevin..!!! Kevin needed to provide proof he had a license for predator.!!,
which he does not, but , he stated he did...
what part of that don't you understand? Just let it go already.

I don't care what they know, this AG was actually happy and taunting at least one buyer on predator hoping he loses his money, they are shitbags, Id like to know who they are so I can add them to ignore. What don't you get about that? My feeling is if they felt that way about one then they probably felt that way about all of us in on it. They sat on info and they hide behind anonymous, I don't want to associate with those kinds of people. I come here to enjoy discussions on upcoming things in pinball and share in the joy of people's experience with pinball as a whole and since all this has gone down it has pretty much turned me off on the whole thing.

Ive been ripped off so I would appreciate it if you didn't tell me how to feel or what matters and doesn't matter to me. I don't want sympathy and I don't need others to agree with me. Ultimately it was my stupidity putting money into a new start up and no the AG owes me nothing but I get the right to my opinion of the cowards and that POS Kevin Kulek. I hope they toss the book at him. If you are reading this Kevin you are a huge piece of trash and you shouldn't have been able to procreate, now your family is gonna have to suffer cause you're a lying, theiving, sociopath. Scumbag

#7089 4 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

Not according to him, and multiple other people involved.

Why does it matter? really.

I also read above where if they reported it earlier, some people could of got back money?
They COULD NOT OF REPORTED IT EARLIER, until they CONFIRMED KEVIN WAS LYING.!!
And after that, they went ABOVE AND BEYOND, and wanted a TRUSTED pinball new's
reporter (Pinball News) to double-check on their findings and report it...which took some time,
why? PBN wanted to REPORT TRUE , REAL, FACTUAL FINDINGS...
what part of that don't you understand? my gosh....

#7090 4 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

Why does it matter? really.
I also read above where if they reported it earlier, some people could of got back money?
They COULD NOT OF REPORTED IT EARLIER, until they CONFIRMED KEVIN WAS LYING.!!
And after that, they went ABOVE AND BEYOND, and wanted a TRUSTED pinball new's
reporter (Pinball News) to double-check on their findings and report it...which took some time,
why? PBN wanted to REPORT TRUE , REAL, FACTUAL FINDINGS...
what part of that don't you understand? my gosh....

Read above, what don't you understand? They weren't waiting on facts, they had facts from Fox. Fox told them there was no license so they helped Fox protect their license and stayed silent because the Fox lawyer asked them to. At that point they should have immediately broke news to us. Add to that the smugness and taunting really tells me all I need to know about it.

Are you out money on Predator?

#7091 4 years ago

They did come forward to those blessed enough to be 'let into their fold'.

#7092 4 years ago

this AG was actually happy and taunting at least one buyer on Predator hoping he loses his money, they are shitbags, Id like to know who they are so I can add them to ignore.

I don't believe for a second they wanted ANY PRE-ORDER to lose money,
Yes, they teased one member on here, but not that he would LOSE money,
just that he would not receive an ILLEGAL GAME that 90% of the other
pre-order's would never be able to take possession.

#7093 4 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

I don't believe for a second they wanted ANY PRE-ORDER to lose money,
Yes, they teased one member on here, but not that he would LOSE money,
just that he would not receive an ILLEGAL GAME that 90% of the other
pre-order's would never be able to take possession.

Im not gonna argue with you and you can think what you want but im not changing my stance on the AG. You seem very adamant in backing them so lets just agree to disagree about them.

#7094 4 years ago

This thread is like:

529875_10150734673978486_161761118485_9383236_1370282630_n.jpg

#7095 4 years ago

Whoever they are they are selfish dick heads. Took care of themselves before anybody else. Plain and simple.

#7096 4 years ago

Fox told them there was no license so they helped Fox protect their license and stayed silent because the Fox lawyer asked them to. At that point they should have immediately broke news to us.

Again, they wanted the REPORTING to be done by a TRUSTED PINBALL NEWS organization.
Yes, they could of come forward, said who they were (basically concerned pinsiders),
and YOU would of torn them a new one.(as well as others)..Because they had no prior
CREDENTIALS for reporting news , or whatever, and you would want more proof,
but they took it a step further, and let PBN CONFIRM EVERYThING. ....
So, no, your twisted thinking should be taken up with PBN, (And it shouldn't),
On why it took so long to confirm, but confirm it was....
so get over it..

#7097 4 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Whoever they are they are selfish dick heads. Took care of themselves before anybody else. Plain and simple.

No, they still have one of their own in this sh&t-storm, so , no they did not take care of themselves,
they saved everyone here as best they could...I think earlier as much as possible...which they did.

#7098 4 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Nobody was stopping anyone from making the same calls to fox to find out this info. They did the homework that anyone with a phone could have done. There were rumors about it for months.

#7099 4 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

Again, they wanted the REPORTING to be done by a TRUSTED PINBALL NEWS organization.
Yes, they could of come forward, said who they were (basically concerned pinsiders),
and YOU would of torn them a new one.(as well as others)..Because they had no prior
CREDENTIALS for reporting news , or whatever, and you would want more proof,
but they took it a step further, and let PBN CONFIRM EVERYThING. ....
So, no, your twisted thinking should be taken up with PBN, (And it shouldn't),
On why it took so long to confirm, but confirm it was....
so get over it..

See my last post to you. You're not changing my twisted mind.

#7100 4 years ago

As stated before if anyone finds out who the AG is please pm me the info, I'd appreciate it. I only want that info to put them on ignore and nothing more and would prefer not to keep having others argue with me about my opinion as twisted as some may think it is. Thanks

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
$ 279.95
$ 20.90
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Haus
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D MODS
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 149.00
$ 1,000.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Other
Great American Pinball
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 149.00
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
There are 18272 posts in this topic. You are on page 142 of 366.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside