Topic Stats

• 18,301 posts
  • 815 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 33 days ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,544 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

72329539_10219705910182373_6362298985876553728_n (resized).jpg
pirateplayersclub (resized).jpg
case against keith.pdf (PDF preview)
_2_16-21030.pdf (PDF preview)
Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
194b3475e0440b8112afc0ac4ad5bf0ed0e8ec3db63fb4b6748a4f2e06a9865b (resized).jpg
31A053C2-4495-4E3E-980F-E5ADEA02F1DE (resized).jpeg
IMG_2933 (resized).JPG
beetlejuice-shrunken head (resized).jpg
2716720260_bc8966f6b1 (resized).jpg
D460F55E-AD42-43C6-91EB-B8162A84A094.gif
Screenshot_20190103-214734_Facebook (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

86 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 18301 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 367.
#651 4 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

Yeah, someone was saying skitb didn't get the full promotional license because the pins were already sold out so they didn't need to advertise.
JJP is selling unlimited hobbits so they need to advertise. I have no idea on the specifics, but they would have 2 differently structured license agreements.

which is odd as that means they sold out of games before they had the license.

#652 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

We're comming up on the one year anniversary of the famous mission complete thread!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/predator-pinball-mission-complete

HA HA! That is funny, especially given how smug the video game across. Its also funny that the video was taken down too.

The only ones I feel bad for are the poor people waiting for their game.

#654 4 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

The only ones I feel bad for are the poor people waiting for their game.

I'm waiting on my game. Don't feel sorry for me.

#655 4 years ago

what was the bi-weekly update?

#656 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

what was the bi-weekly update?

Still no update, late as usual.

#657 4 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Still no update, late as usual.

Hoping for one soon. Regular updates are a huge improvement over the long silence, but it would be great if they were on-time.

#658 4 years ago

The updates would be cool if they included some pertinent information like when are games shipping rather than showing a bunch of stuff that was manufactured a year ago. Lets see some playfields populated or pics of an assembly line or something that shows progress because at this point the project doesn't seem any further along than it did last year.

#660 4 years ago

I know a couple of you live close to the Skit-B home, is there any progress you'd like to share? Is this project still alive? Considering all we have seen is pictures that we already seen months ago is there any incentive to stay in at this point?

#661 4 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

I know a couple of you live close to the Skit-B home, is there any progress you'd like to share? Is this project still alive? Considering all we have seen is pictures that we already seen months ago is there any incentive to stay in at this point?

Good points.

I live close by but haven't talked with them since Pinball Expo in Chicago a few months ago.

#662 4 years ago

I did drive by the supposed place of manufacture in South Lyon last May after Memorial Day Weekend when they said they were ready to start making them . Didn't see anything ! So I started having my doubts then !

#663 4 years ago

I'm really starting to consider backing out of this one, I think they will be made but if it doesn't become clear in the next month that these are under construction then I will have to reconsider, just becoming boring now and I can't believe it considering the theme and how much I love it, I am starting to lose my passion for this project and just not caring anymore.

#664 4 years ago

Kind of an obvious question but if they really were building games now, wouldn't they be shouting from the rooftops about it?

#665 4 years ago

There goes the "bi-weekly" update, so gonna be "tri-weekly" update now? What kind of bullsh$t is this? Just thought this company gonna turn things around, and be more active at least on the communication front, and here we go again. Talk about 1 step forward and 2 steps back.

#666 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Kind of an obvious question but if they really were building games now, wouldn't they be shouting from the rooftops about it?

maybe they can't talk about it, publicly.

#667 4 years ago

I just wish they would stay consistent with the updates to buyers every two weeks. That doesn't seem like too much to ask at this point.

#668 4 years ago

"Communicating about making pinball machines is hard." -- Kevin at Skit-B

#669 4 years ago

I am surprised people still have money in on this...

#670 4 years ago

I wonder with all the people backing out of this game and me included shortly if games don't start getting to their owners if they still have 250 customers. IE Are their still people on a waiting list?

Yes I'm just as frustrated as everyone else here.

#671 4 years ago

Has Anyone on the order list (or not) visited the "production" location at anytime recently?

#672 4 years ago

I had to remind myself why I was staying in on this project. The game does look awesome and when I get er home its gonna be a happy day. 10K by xmas.

#673 4 years ago

Starting to feel like any communication at this point would be another stall tactic. We need to see REAL progress now or it will all start to crumble when people demand their money back en mass.

#674 4 years ago

I think this is why Kevin was reluctant to start regular updates. Now that he's doing what people asked of him, people are complaining that there's not enough info and that we're just seeing pics of parts coming in. It's like life folks...boring and mundane 90% of the time and no matter what you plan for, you're always thrown a curveball. Continuing with the baseball analogy, you can either sit and be patient and get the pitch you want, or strike out...it's up to you. I'm a big Yankees fan, so I don't mind doing what they do...work the pitch count. Patience is a virtue. If you guys can't handle it, maybe go out and get some exercise and another hobby? There should be no concerns unless Kevin up and dies on us

#675 4 years ago
Quoted from Jedidentist:

I think this is why Kevin was reluctant to start regular updates. Now that he's doing what people asked of him, people are complaining that there's not enough info and that we're just seeing pics of parts coming in.

No, what most people are complaining about is that he's NOT doing what he promised... giving bi-weekly updates.

#676 4 years ago

Is anyone in Austin buying a Predator?

I need to know who to make a new friend with so I can bring beer over and play when this cool game ships

#677 4 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

No, what most people are complaining about is that he's NOT doing what he promised... giving bi-weekly updates.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitepaper-pinball-pre-ordering-battered-wife-syndrome#post-2200872

#678 4 years ago

Did I miss the bi-weekly newsletter that I was told I was going to get?

#679 4 years ago

I'd just like my deposit back..

#680 4 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

» YouTube video
I had to remind myself why I was staying in on this project. The game does look awesome and when I get er home its gonna be a happy day. 10K by xmas.

Good to see a video again. Also nice to see some people hit the left ramp with the right flipper, although it doesn't seem to happen much.

Only issue I see with the gameplay is the left to right loop emptying at the left flipper. Ah well, way too late to fix that angle now.

#681 4 years ago
Quoted from Iamdarras:

I'd just like my deposit back..

You should request it in bi-weekly installments.

#682 4 years ago
Quoted from REDEYE:

Did I miss the bi-weekly newsletter that I was told I was going to get?

Last bi-weekly news letter was three weeks ago today.

#683 4 years ago

I feel for you guys that are still waiting on this title that was due in 2013.

#684 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I feel for you guys that are still waiting on this title that was due in 2013.

Was it due in 2013?

I did not pay any money besides initial deposit till June 2014. Taking longer than I would like but 7 months is nothing in the grand scheme of things and when compared to other past experiences.

#685 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Was it due in 2013?
I did not pay any money besides initial deposit till June 2014. Taking longer than I would like but 7 months is nothing in the grand scheme of things and when compared to other past experiences.

It was posted in the opening post in the "New Predator Info Thread" Dated 2years 3 months ago...

" Production information: We expect the start producing our first handful of machines within the next month or two, meaning we SHOULD have a few people out there with Predators under their (gigantic) Christmas trees. Price range still hasn't moved from the projected $5000 range, either, and I will certainly let everyone know immediately if that has to change for some reason."

#686 4 years ago

There was a post yesterday on the "journal" page of Skitbpinball.com, looks like we might get our bi-weekly update tonight.

http://www.skitbpinball.com/#!A-pause-for-the-cause-of-new-parts/c21ex/54c558bb0cf2ad5dc6dbfced

"For our next batch of parts, we headed down to Southwestern Wisconsin to visit the Spooky Pinball headquarters in person. What a cool operation they've got going on down there! At any rate, planning and driving took a bit of time out of the schedule, but we'll be back to our scheduled correspondence tomorrow night. Until then, take a sneak peek this box full of awesome!"

2987e1_4a6574c3927e473598afe7d0cb21aacd.jpg_srz_p_630_355_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00.jpg
#687 4 years ago
Quoted from Jedidentist:

Continuing with the baseball analogy, you can either sit and be patient and get the pitch you want, or strike out...it's up to you.

I'm assuming the 'get the pitch you want' is being patient, and 'strike out' is squawking and voicing your displeasure over the non-communication? How about instead of striking out you can just coax a walk out of the pitcher (get your money back, no harm no foul). Are people still able to get their money back at this time?

#688 4 years ago

At any rate, planning and driving took a bit of time out of the schedule

lol. gotta watch that schedule so it dont slip! cant be just, you know, driving an hour down the road randomly, taking time out of the schedule and all that.

#689 4 years ago

I sure hope they're not coordinating some crazy drive every time they need to build 10 games ...

#690 4 years ago

Ill be excited when I see the 80th playfield in an actual game fully assembled and heading to my house.

#691 4 years ago

I received my newsletter showing some assembly of parts on the Preadtor. I hope the first Preadtors ship soon.

#692 4 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Bi-weekly-ish...

More like tri-weekly-ish but we got it !

#693 4 years ago

Predator coming to MGC again this year?

#694 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballKen:

Predator coming to MGC again this year?

I hope NOT! Absolutely no reason for them to be traveling to any shows at this point. The next Prdator I want to see is MINE in MY house! If one is coming to MGC it better be mine in a box for me to take home.

#695 4 years ago

That was a decent update. Finally showing some progress. One of those playfields is probably Whysnow's. The anticipation must be maddening. Who are the first five going too?

#696 4 years ago

At this point, I wish I could come over to their shop and spend a week building my own game.
Just give me the parts in a pile and I will happily do all assembly.

Very glad to see some partially populated pfs and we alreayd know some cabs are done so parts are coming together.

Next I want to see a stack of vacuum formed and clear ramps on the topside.

#697 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Was it due in 2013?

I have refrained from participating in the Predator conversation, because it so volatile, and I agreed with whysnow in that Predator will eventually make it to market. But I must say, my conversation with Skit B in early 2013 (they called me), was great one. Got me very excited about the machine, told me how incredible it looked, sounded, played, etc. they also advised they had plans to ship the first units late August '13. I was shocked, and said that would be incredible if you actually beat JJP on game release! I WAS ALL IN! Skit B mentioned a few negative comments about JJP and that it wasn't that difficult to produce games, and we got off the phone. I remember this vividly and so does my wife who was in the room during the call. I hung up the phone and said holy crap! August!

My personal story is this. When I was called later to put down more money, I contemplated all the way till the deadline, and bailed. I occasional wish I didnt, or consider trying to get back in.....but my major hold back is the same reasons I opted out. The lack of professionalism and lack of communication is enough to frighten anyone away. Once I get my game, and it needs a code update, or has a problem, or it breaks and I need support......Skit B's track record speaks for itself, why would expect them to be responsive to any issues after the sale, when they have proven to all of us they are non responsive? That is my personal reason.

I am not pointing fingers, predicting game play, discussing license, making fun of anyone, or starting rumors. I am simply sharing my experience, there is nothing to defend or argue.

#698 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

At this point, I wish I could come over to their shop and spend a week building my own game.
Just give me the parts in a pile and I will happily do all assembly.
Very glad to see some partially populated pfs and we alreayd know some cabs are done so parts are coming together.
Next I want to see a stack of vacuum formed and clear ramps on the topside.

Not all about you! Start building mine too! Chop chop!!

If I didn't live 1/2 a country away, I'd offer my services and tools to the cause! image-426.jpg

#699 4 years ago

I had to have moved up from #77, that was the number I had a year ago. Who knows with the flakey way Skit-B does business, Im sure people that weren't in from the beginning managed to get around some of us that have been in from the get go. Who would know though cause the communication sucks.

#700 4 years ago

Its good to see the playfields coming together.

WP_20150127_01_16_33_Pro.jpg WP_20150127_01_16_20_Pro.jpg WP_20150126_23_41_33_Pro.jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 7.00
Various Other Swag
Project Pinball Charity
$ 199.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 94.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 18.99
$ 180.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Customs
$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Deadpool Premium Out of stock
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 16.00
$ 19.99
Playfield - Plastics
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 9.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 107.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
There are 18301 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 367.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside