Topic Stats

• 18,301 posts
  • 815 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,544 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

72329539_10219705910182373_6362298985876553728_n (resized).jpg
pirateplayersclub (resized).jpg
case against keith.pdf (PDF preview)
_2_16-21030.pdf (PDF preview)
Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
194b3475e0440b8112afc0ac4ad5bf0ed0e8ec3db63fb4b6748a4f2e06a9865b (resized).jpg
31A053C2-4495-4E3E-980F-E5ADEA02F1DE (resized).jpeg
IMG_2933 (resized).JPG
beetlejuice-shrunken head (resized).jpg
2716720260_bc8966f6b1 (resized).jpg
D460F55E-AD42-43C6-91EB-B8162A84A094.gif
Screenshot_20190103-214734_Facebook (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

86 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 18301 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 367.
#6851 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

This is an honest question...
Do you get joy out of rubbing it in that a bunch of people are out loads of cash?
How many times do I need to tell you I was wrong about Predator before you finally fucking give it up and stop gloating and antagonizing with the same incessant shit?

My friend, you made this comment about the paypal lady AFTER the SkitB implosion.

So this isn't me rubbing your nose in the dozens (hundreds?) of cheer-leading comments you made trying to prop up the project prior to its demise. I've not done that.... though it wouldn't be difficult.

It was a simple tongue-in-cheek comment about how YOU have received drastically different information from paypal regarding the state of the account than EVERY other person that's called them. And, the fact that it would seem to exceed all reasonable amounts of privacy one would assume they would have talking with a stranger over the phone.

It IS a bit ironic that the person with the absolutely most positive spin on SkitB (and by far his more ardent defender) also just happens to have received the most positive spin from paypal (patience!!). Perhaps its just a coincidence....

It's understandable that you feel a bit guilty about your complicity in this debacle, but please don't misplace your anger and frustration on me.

#6852 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

My friend, you made this comment about the paypal lady AFTER the SkitB implosion.

I was just relaying what the paypal lady told me. Right or wrong, just telling others what I was told to try and help as others are putting information together.

You are here to gloat for the fun of it.

To be clear, we are not friends as I don't hang out with people like you.

#6853 4 years ago

I'm sorry but kevin really has let us all down with no update 2 weeks later and not one refund made this guy is a douchebag.

#6854 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

To be clear, we are not friends as I don't hang out with people like you.

Yikes. I apologize for trying to be cordial.

Let me try blunt:

If ONE of the two of us should NEVER open their mouths again in the thread - based on everything that's transpired - which of us do you think it should be?

lol- maybe the right answer is neither. However, I'm honestly SHOCKED that you decided to make even one post here after this thing went into full melt-down. Had you (finally) stopped your participation in this thread you'd have no need to feel "gloated over."

So to your point that "we wouldn't hang out" together- you're right. We clearly have different criteria for honesty and integrity in the people we associate, defend and vouch for.

#6855 4 years ago
Quoted from playboywillis:

The thing with a lawsuit is that in Michigan small claims court can go up to $5500. I want my $4750 back, but if I have to buy a plane ticket and take two days off of work, then I'm going to go after the $5500. Guy just needs to issue refunds before it gets worse for him.

Only problem I have is that if he has a lawyer, then he can request it be taken to real court. Then I would have to get a real lawyer, and since I'm the plaintiff, I don't think that entitles me to a court appointed attorney. Then I'm already out half the money. Then it would be multiple days, multiple plane tickets. Then even if you win, you still might not get paid. What a mess man. I just want a damn machine in my house so I can stop getting hammered every time I want to play!

I'm confused on why you would travel to him to sue him. File the action where you live and serve him under the long arm statute. *note this is not advice to which anyone can rely, check your own laws and visit with your own attorney*

#6856 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I'm sorry but kevin really has let us all down with no update 2 weeks later and not one refund made this guy is a douchebag.

Not a douchebag, a douchebag actually serves a purpose.

#6857 4 years ago

"Small claims cases should be filed either where the cause of action arose (for example, where the transaction or dispute took place), where the person or business you are suing is located (for example, where the defendant resides or is employed). If you are suing more than one person or business, the suit cannot be filed where the claim arose but must be filed in the district court where any of the persons live or where any of the businesses operate."

"The answer is, maybe. As with face-to-face disputes, your ability to sue in small claims court for a wrong you suffered via an Internet transaction depends on where the person or business you want to sue is located. You cannot automatically sue someone in small claims court when you have suffered an economic loss. The court has to have power over that particular party, which basically depends on where the person or business lives, works, or has an office. If your Internet-related dispute is with a person or business located in your state, then you shouldn't have a problem. However, only under specific circumstances can you sue a nonresident in your state's small claims court.
If the person or business does not regularly do business with state residents over the Internet (in other words, if the transaction at issue is a one-time event), then you will not be able to sue in your local small claims court, because that person does not live, work, or regularly do business in-state; it is therefore fundamentally unfair to ask that party to travel to your state to defend itself from a lawsuit."

This was some of the stuff I was reading TigerLaw.

#6858 4 years ago

This is not a civil case. It is a criminal case and will be pursued as such.

#6859 4 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

This is not a civil case. It is a criminal case and will be pursued as such.

Can you prove that he never had a license? I'm not being a dick. Just saying. Can you prove it?

#6860 4 years ago

"Small claims cases should be filed either where the cause of action arose (for example, where the transaction or dispute took place), where the person or business you are suing is located (for example, where the defendant resides or is employed). If you are suing more than one person or business, the suit cannot be filed where the claim arose but must be filed in the district court where any of the persons live or where any of the businesses operate."
"The answer is, maybe. As with face-to-face disputes, your ability to sue in small claims court for a wrong you suffered via an Internet transaction depends on where the person or business you want to sue is located. You cannot automatically sue someone in small claims court when you have suffered an economic loss. The court has to have power over that particular party, which basically depends on where the person or business lives, works, or has an office. If your Internet-related dispute is with a person or business located in your state, then you shouldn't have a problem. However, only under specific circumstances can you sue a nonresident in your state's small claims court.
If the person or business does not regularly do business with state residents over the Internet (in other words, if the transaction at issue is a one-time event), then you will not be able to sue in your local small claims court, because that person does not live, work, or regularly do business in-state; it is therefore fundamentally unfair to ask that party to travel to your state to defend itself from a lawsuit."
This was some of the stuff I was reading TigerLaw.

So, I know literally nothing about the various small claims courts and local rules in states outside of Louisiana and Texas. I do know small claims court is not always the best place to be even if the amount in dispute would allow you to file there.

State district court for a matter like this makes more sense to me. He advertised country wide for this project . . . you paid him from your home state (presumably). He would struggle to say he doesn't have minimum contacts some where with which to convey jurisdiction . . . and then he'd have to be the one hiring an out of state lawyer to fight you.

Serving him is going to be the real problem, but that is going to be a problem anyway by my guess . . .

*again, not giving anyone legal advice on which they may rely, contact a local attorney*

#6861 4 years ago

Can you prove that he never had a license? I'm not being a dick. Just saying. Can you prove it?

That would be the easiest thing to do, funny enough. Send a subpoena to Fox in the civil claim; they would have no reason not to answer . . . if you can figure out the right division at Fox to send the subpoena to . . . that may actually be the hardest thing.

#6862 4 years ago

I like your ideas Law, but the bigger this thing gets, the more money that gets involved, means more of us get screwed in the process. I don't know a thing about suing people, but I know a good defense lawyer is to least $2500. We all know that at least 1/4 has been spent. A class action thing would be nice but that means someone has to step up to the plate, and that won't be me.

Just a messy situation, but I'm going to take the steps in one direction by week's end.

#6863 4 years ago

My advice is this:

Contact an attorney and explain the details of your dealings with skit-b. Ask your attorney if you have a case (civil or criminal) and follow the advice given to you.

I have done this and I am following the advice of my attorney.

#6864 4 years ago

I'm not all that knowledgeable of the US justice system, but out of curiosity could this not be taken on from a more class-action or collective lawsuit point of view?

It seems silly to be to see ~200 people wanting to file individual suit for $5k and essentially lose it all to legal fees when it could be one lawsuit with one legal team suing for the full amount, then dispersing the awarded sum evenly. Maybe the sum is too small or the details are too different, but with the defendants all being spread across the country (er... globe?) it would seem to me it should be something that would be plausible.

As I said, far from an expert here. More curious as to why we are seeing 200 unfortunate people worrying about 200 frustrating and potentially fruitless lawsuits when I personally see it as one large lawsuit.

#6865 4 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

My advice is this:
Contact an attorney and explain the details of your dealings with skit-b. Ask your attorney if you have a case (civil or criminal) and follow the advice given to you.
I have done this and I am following the advice of my attorney.

Any case you file in court is a civil case. Not criminal.

#6866 4 years ago

Can I just kick Kevin square in the patchy surface where his nuts should be, and call it even?

Seriously, how can a person live with themselves being such a spineless waste of space? If you can't keep to your word in life, WTF good are you as a human being? Yeah, he went through some shit with his brother and his dad, but you have got to be kidding me that someone can just turtle up and hope it all goes away, and apparently be totally fine with that...

#6867 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Any case you file in court is a civil case. Not criminal.

Sorry about that.

I meant civil as in a small claims he owes me money vs criminal he committed a crime.

#6868 4 years ago

Just becoming an internet lawyer with some Wikipedia reading (as I believe that is the only pre-requisite yes?)

It doesn't sound like this would be a likely federal class action suit as it's not big enough ($5 mil would get you there by default it sounds like) but state wise it sounds totally plausible:

Nationwide plaintiff classes are possible, but such suits must have a commonality of issues across state lines. This may be difficult if the civil law in the various states lack significant commonalities. Large class actions brought in federal court frequently are consolidated for pre-trial purposes through the device of multidistrict litigation (MDL).[3] It is also possible to bring class actions under state law, and in some cases the court may extend its jurisdiction to all the members of the class, including out of state (or even internationally) as the key element is the jurisdiction that the court has over the defendant.

I would think contacting any sort of legal council versed in collective lawsuits and filing a collective action in Michigan would be far more promising than everyone battling SkitB on Judge Judy for the next 2 years.

Just my 2 cents. That will be $250 internet lawyer dollars. I'll show myself out.

#6869 4 years ago

I just hope everyone is getting together behind the scenes, off this board, so they are organized and that every one of their planned actions isn't telegraphed to Kevin Kulek. You know he's reading every last word so he can strategize best. And since I just reminded myself that he is certainly reading this, "HEY KEVIN, F@#K YOU"

#6870 4 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

Sorry about that.
I meant civil as in a small claims he owes me money vs criminal he committed a crime.

A crime? Seems to me that he has potentially stolen hundreds of thousands of dollars and this is a felony case now. If Kevin doesn't refund 100% of the funds he fraudulently took in, whether on his own or forced personal sales by a court (home, car, etc.) he deserves some serious time behind bars. It's unsettling to keep hearing people say they are 'out' thousands of dollars. I agree with a previous post - time to band together and go after him - quit waiting for him to make the first move, he obviously isn't going to (other than stall and or run).

#6871 4 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

I just hope everyone is getting together behind the scenes, off this board, so they are organized and that every one of their planned actions isn't telegraphed to Kevin Kulek. You know he's reading every last word so he can strategize best. And since I just reminded myself that he is certainly reading this, "HEY KEVIN, F@#K YOU"

completely agree with this

#6872 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Oh, Kevin will never show his face around pinball again. I'm sure one of us will make sure he doesn't.

#6873 4 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

It seems silly to be to see ~200 people wanting to file individual suit for $5k and essentially lose it all to legal fees when it could be one lawsuit with one legal team suing for the full amount, then dispersing the awarded sum evenly. [...] As I said, far from an expert here. More curious as to why we are seeing 200 unfortunate people worrying about 200 frustrating and potentially fruitless lawsuits when I personally see it as one large lawsuit.

This is what I'm talking about. We start talking about lawyers and that's at least half the money I spent on the machine. If it's more, he's going to want court costs payed for which screws over other buyers. I feel like a class action is the only way to get money back to our fellow buyers who are overseas. One dude was collecting a list, but I remember Blondetall collecting a list a few years ago and it only accounted for about 150 of the 250 owners. We would need to find all of the owners, get a guy leading us with a good knowledge of the legal system, and like Herb said, keep this shit behind the scenes.

I feel like a lot of guys (including myself a bit), are seeing this money slip away as the clock ticks by, or trying to get their money back before (if) Fox takes their cut, and that's why we're seeing individuals trying to talk to their own lawyers. I would take a percentage against what he has left if everyone got a fair percentage. Just need someone to lead us!

#6874 4 years ago

What a friggin nightmare.

#6875 4 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

What a friggin nightmare.

No matter how hot she is, someone is tired of her shit.

That said, I'd love to be tired of her shit, lol.

#6876 4 years ago

Very few like that are worth it over time....just my experiences, and my brothers, and my friends...sigh...IMO

#6877 4 years ago

Meh. I'm an assman. Tits are liars.

#6879 4 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I fired up Napster one time in university, but I didn't download. The peer pressure made me do it!
Seriously, I won't pretend I have an absolutely clear record, but I am embarassed by the number of people/families I know who make over 100K a year and still can't be bothered to pay for the IP they steal.
I figure if it a piece of entertainment, and I actually want it, I should you know, buy it with my money.
Put another way, how entitled to I have to be to STEAL something as trivial and abundant as entertainment in North America? It is not as if it is going to save my life, or as if I don't have a substantial amount of other choices that don't involve ripping other people off.

Every government owned public library has and always has had a copy machine for use in photo copying copyrighted material. I think everyone has broke the law at least once. For a homework assignment? For just leisure reading and copying a page or excerpt? Music industry and their greed ruined it for everyone. As long as you are not making money off some ones I.P. you should be allowed to copy and distribute it for exposure. It has been proven that exposure leads to people buying the C.D. rom or ITunes song. The issue is they cannot quantify how much and the music industry said, "Hey not acceptable, were leaving coins on the table and we should go after them". First they just went after those copying and selling. That made sense to me and good for them. Same goes for VHS movies back then. But then they started going after everyone copying. I think that crosses the line of "Proper Legal Conduct". Oh well

#6880 4 years ago

I once was defrauded by a guy doing a remodeling job on my house. Here is how I took care of it and it didn't cost me a Penny.

As individuals or as a collective group, here in Kentucky it is the Commonwealth's Attorney's Office that not only stands up for you but protects you. Find the equivalent of this in the state Kevin lives in. Our Commonwealth Attorney represents the State, and people who have been victims can file a complaint through that office. Keep in mind this is NOT some Consumer Protection agency. This is a State office which presents the case (free of charge) to the sitting Grand Jury in that particular county.

Evidence is presented by the plaintiff (me), and in my case I was brought in to the Grand Jury room and seated at a large table. My charges where presented to the group by the Commonwealth's Attorney as to what happened, and I was further questioned by him and by the jurors sitting there for specific details. After a calm discussion I was dismissed.

Behind closed doors, that group determined if I had a case or not. The results were, I did. I was notified that the perpetrator had been indicted by the Grand Jury and was to appear in our local Circuit Court, which hears cases over $5,000 (a felony here).

I showed up that morning and this guy's lawyer approached me sitting out in the gallery. The Assistant Commonwealth's Attorney came over also. This was in effect, the Prosecutor and the Defender. They had approached each other to seek a viable solution before even being presented to the judge. They both asked me if I would drop the charges if the guy paid me in full so he wouldn't have to go to jail and/or prison. I told them all I wanted was my money refunded. They pow-wowed with the bad guy and next thing you know arrangements were made for me to receive a Bank Cashier's Check from him. It couldn't have been easier. Although, he protested at first that he was broke and didn't have the money, once they told him he was going to be imprisoned, he quickly got the money. Let me say he was 'inspired' by the court!

In this case we have here, to me . . . this group should come together, compile a complete list of names and what is owed each individual, then present this to the prosecutor in the county Kevin lives in. They would (or should) bring him before a Grand Jury and a couple of you guys could represent the group and explain all the details. This should get Kevin indicted and the pressure put upon him to divvy up the money. You may only get a percent of whatever he has left over, but that court system should fight for you to freeze his accounts and get every bit of cash he has. And you should not even have to hire an attorney. I didn't. Actually, I have had to do this several times and it cost me nothing. You can do this when you are 100% in the right!

You could begin by calling the County Attorney in Kevin's home county and ask who that county Civil and Circuit Courts STATE attorney is. His job is to represent the citizens of that particular state. It is pretty cut and dried here. Don't know how it is in Minnesota or wherever Kevin lives. But it wouldn't cost you anything to call and ask for this person's name and ask if you can forward your charges to him and let the State take over.
Mike

#6881 4 years ago

Did I completely miss folks discussing here the AG group's response to posts on here? I just now noticed on their Wordpress page that they put out another update back on April 1 (apparently) responding to several posts from this thread and officially declaring they are done and won't comment again. Or was this discussed in another thread?

Over and Out
APRIL 1, 2015 ~ LEAVE A COMMENT
Everybody knows what they need to know. They got what they came here for. Site views here are down to less than 30 views a day, the last 7 days. Just so everybody knows. It is what it is. There’s obviously not really anything more to be said.

For those looking for “more”, it’s up to Kevin to provide that information. Frankly, it was always up to Kevin: From the moment he knew of any fragment of trouble in his path, he should have informed his investors. It was never the responsibility of third parties, such as us or Pinball News. However, in the absence of trying to get Kevin to fix things, and/or come clean to the public – we did our duty to inform in the end anyway, since he failed to.

This does not mean ongoing sleuthing (at least on our part. PBN may vary) as we were merely a source for the story. Not the only source, but the primary one. If one were to use an analogy, Martin Ayub would be the position of Glenn Greenwald, and we would be the Edward Snowdens. Except Martin is providing the information gathered (from us, other industry pros, key sources for validation, and Kevin Kulek himself) without revealing the sources. That is the key pact between a journalist and his sources. We’re not looking for fame, nor the obvious backlash from some. Truthfully, Fox carried the torch against Kevin – not us – and we were simply kept in the loop for a long while. Remember, March 10 was the last contact from Fox, and it’s been that way ever since.

In closing, to answer a few people still seemingly bent on revealing and roasting our asses:

["I still haven’t seen any hard evidence proving anything the anonymous group has said."]

You don’t have to. Martin took care of all of that for you. He has all his vetting done, and if he’s published it, it’s a done deal. Precisely why we stuck to the path of Pinball News. Any other unvetted avenue for messaging, and the entire thing would have remained up for speculation and enough time had been wasted already. Pinball News was like using the “New York Times of the hobby”. Revealing Kevin’s truth on PinSide or a solo blog site would have been like using YouTube Comments.

["Why stay anonymous at this point? My own feeling is they don’t give two shits about the community."]

Pretty much because of that second sentence. Plus dozens of others who are dying to go down an entirely irrelevant side road and debate us and our character. As stated in the very first article – who we are is irrelevant. The information we found was all that needs to be discussed and acted upon. We refuse to become part of a sideshow discussion – and after seeing the things said after publication, we are steadfastly glad we made that decision in the very beginning. We were going to eventually reveal ourselves in time… but that idea has since been squashed. Squashed hard.

["I need to know the people we are talking about here and their character."]

No you don’t. You simply don’t. Our published information rests on its facts, and it’s facts alone. It’s been vetted, it’s been published. Take it or leave it. We can’t do much more than that. We’re not looking for psychiatry or analysis on us as people. Complete tangent totally off the tracks of what matters in this issue.

["For all we know its a group of cons."]

If you think the accusations of cons can get past Martin at PBN, and cons (who are making shit up) can somehow make Kevin Kulek (in his own statements) admit the shutdown and refund of his entire project, then we need to know precisely what we have told everybody that doesn’t add up to the obvious Predator project behaviors of the last 6 months, and the eventual recent conclusion. To do all this, all to be a bunch of bullshit? Again, the tangents are becoming sideshows just to fill blog postings and keep threads going.

["If we are going to sue] we need some hard evidence, and it would help to get that from the people that brought this to light."]

If things get to the point between lawyer(s) and plaintiff(s) going after Kevin, then it’s not up to us to do the legwork for the attorney(s). We provided the name of the senior counsel at Fox. Have your lawyer(s) call him for evidence. Just remember the limits of our role. Far smaller than folks are suggesting. PBN did 10X the work and research we did. We were merely the seed. We provided a few key pieces of the puzzle, provided first-hand solid evidence (which PBN will keep on hand). PBN gave the issue fairness and balance with countless olive branches to Kevin Kulek to fix things, respond, answer questions, and/or come clean. Way more than we would have. It burned up a few months, but there was that glimmer of possible hope that sustained Martin’s desire to see the project succeed. Some are upset with the delay, most understand the reasons why time had to be given.

This will be the last posting from us on this matter. There’s really nothing more that we can provide anyway. Some will always be baffled and bothered by the whole “Anonymous Group” thing… we recommend just letting it go.

Because as of this last post, we certainly are.

Best of luck to all involved. One of us is still embroiled in this thing, and has taken the path of (what appears so far to be) the successful credit card chargeback route. Will know the true finality in a month or so.

#6882 4 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

Did I completely miss folks discussing here the AG group's response to posts on here? I just now noticed on their Wordpress page that they put out another update

I was hard-pressed to read through this self-important dreck -- these guys may have done some useful investigation but they clearly didn't make it through Freshman Composition. But I guess the takeaway is that Edward Snowden is a member of AG? What a scoop!

#6883 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I was hard-pressed to read through this self-important dreck -- these guys may have done some useful investigation but they clearly didn't make it through Freshman Composition.

Well, they are from Texas...

#6884 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

self-important

Pretty much sums it up, too bad they took down the "come at me bro" post as well, the "look at me" shenanigans in that post was gold.

SandQ.jpg

Quoted from Pintucky:

Commonwealth's Attorney's Office

Is anyone looking into this, or can comment further? Small claims is likely avenue to be taken by me, but want to find the best way to make sure the money Kevin has now stolen either gets returned to the investors, or everyone comes down so hard on him he cannot breathe.

#6885 4 years ago

Says who?

#6886 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I was hard-pressed to read through this self-important dreck -- these guys may have done some useful investigation but they clearly didn't make it through Freshman Composition. But I guess the takeaway is that Edward Snowden is a member of AG? What a scoop!

lol, agreed. I think their post went unnoticed because they can't even seem to update their Wordpress page in a chronological order. They just inserted that update right in the middle of everything else.

So they've declared they now will never reveal themselves. I wonder how long before someone "in the know" decides to reveal it for them.

#6887 4 years ago

Whysnow said repeatedly that he was being contacted by an unnamed "group from TX." Not sure if that's what they told him or if he drew that conclusion himself.

#6889 4 years ago

Stay focused on Kevin, he took the money and poof, it's all gone.

#6890 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Whysnow said repeatedly that he was being contacted by an unnamed "group from TX." Not sure if that's what they told him or if he drew that conclusion himself.

It's not me y'all, I swear

#6891 4 years ago

So what part is the Kevin I should focus on?

#6892 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphod:

387653-i.jpg1
So what part is the Kevin I should focus on?

Just focus on where your eyes naturally lead you.

#6893 4 years ago

Oh, I see we're still posting chick pics for some reason. Here, let me contribute.

#6894 4 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Here, let me contribute

Oh my...

#6895 4 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Oh, I see we're still posting chick pics for some reason. Here, let me contribute.

image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
image-59.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

I don't think it's cool to post pictures of some pinsiders here without their permission.

#6896 4 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
image-59.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

It took me a minute to realize who the first guy was dressed as but then I realized it's Leeloo from The Fifth Element (laughed my butt off.) Too funny.

#6897 4 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

Did I completely miss folks discussing here the AG group's response to posts on here? I just now noticed on their Wordpress page that they put out another update back on April 1 (apparently) responding to several posts from this thread and officially declaring they are done and won't comment again. Or was this discussed in another thread?
Over and Out
APRIL 1, 2015 ~ LEAVE A COMMENT
Everybody knows what they need to know. They got what they came here for. Site views here are down to less than 30 views a day, the last 7 days. Just so everybody knows. It is what it is. There’s obviously not really anything more to be said.
For those looking for “more”, it’s up to Kevin to provide that information. Frankly, it was always up to Kevin: From the moment he knew of any fragment of trouble in his path, he should have informed his investors. It was never the responsibility of third parties, such as us or Pinball News. However, in the absence of trying to get Kevin to fix things, and/or come clean to the public – we did our duty to inform in the end anyway, since he failed to.
This does not mean ongoing sleuthing (at least on our part. PBN may vary) as we were merely a source for the story. Not the only source, but the primary one. If one were to use an analogy, Martin Ayub would be the position of Glenn Greenwald, and we would be the Edward Snowdens. Except Martin is providing the information gathered (from us, other industry pros, key sources for validation, and Kevin Kulek himself) without revealing the sources. That is the key pact between a journalist and his sources. We’re not looking for fame, nor the obvious backlash from some. Truthfully, Fox carried the torch against Kevin – not us – and we were simply kept in the loop for a long while. Remember, March 10 was the last contact from Fox, and it’s been that way ever since.
In closing, to answer a few people still seemingly bent on revealing and roasting our asses:
["I still haven’t seen any hard evidence proving anything the anonymous group has said."]
You don’t have to. Martin took care of all of that for you. He has all his vetting done, and if he’s published it, it’s a done deal. Precisely why we stuck to the path of Pinball News. Any other unvetted avenue for messaging, and the entire thing would have remained up for speculation and enough time had been wasted already. Pinball News was like using the “New York Times of the hobby”. Revealing Kevin’s truth on PinSide or a solo blog site would have been like using YouTube Comments.
["Why stay anonymous at this point? My own feeling is they don’t give two shits about the community."]
Pretty much because of that second sentence. Plus dozens of others who are dying to go down an entirely irrelevant side road and debate us and our character. As stated in the very first article – who we are is irrelevant. The information we found was all that needs to be discussed and acted upon. We refuse to become part of a sideshow discussion – and after seeing the things said after publication, we are steadfastly glad we made that decision in the very beginning. We were going to eventually reveal ourselves in time… but that idea has since been squashed. Squashed hard.
["I need to know the people we are talking about here and their character."]
No you don’t. You simply don’t. Our published information rests on its facts, and it’s facts alone. It’s been vetted, it’s been published. Take it or leave it. We can’t do much more than that. We’re not looking for psychiatry or analysis on us as people. Complete tangent totally off the tracks of what matters in this issue.
["For all we know its a group of cons."]
If you think the accusations of cons can get past Martin at PBN, and cons (who are making shit up) can somehow make Kevin Kulek (in his own statements) admit the shutdown and refund of his entire project, then we need to know precisely what we have told everybody that doesn’t add up to the obvious Predator project behaviors of the last 6 months, and the eventual recent conclusion. To do all this, all to be a bunch of bullshit? Again, the tangents are becoming sideshows just to fill blog postings and keep threads going.
["If we are going to sue] we need some hard evidence, and it would help to get that from the people that brought this to light."]
If things get to the point between lawyer(s) and plaintiff(s) going after Kevin, then it’s not up to us to do the legwork for the attorney(s). We provided the name of the senior counsel at Fox. Have your lawyer(s) call him for evidence. Just remember the limits of our role. Far smaller than folks are suggesting. PBN did 10X the work and research we did. We were merely the seed. We provided a few key pieces of the puzzle, provided first-hand solid evidence (which PBN will keep on hand). PBN gave the issue fairness and balance with countless olive branches to Kevin Kulek to fix things, respond, answer questions, and/or come clean. Way more than we would have. It burned up a few months, but there was that glimmer of possible hope that sustained Martin’s desire to see the project succeed. Some are upset with the delay, most understand the reasons why time had to be given.
This will be the last posting from us on this matter. There’s really nothing more that we can provide anyway. Some will always be baffled and bothered by the whole “Anonymous Group” thing… we recommend just letting it go.
Because as of this last post, we certainly are.
Best of luck to all involved. One of us is still embroiled in this thing, and has taken the path of (what appears so far to be) the successful credit card chargeback route. Will know the true finality in a month or so.

Sorry anonymous group there is still no evidence. Im sure all the 200+ buyers will be happy to know that now with a successful creditcard chargeback the whole anonymous group will have successfully recouped all their funds, I know it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. All we have is an article that you the AG wrote and a PN article and at this point from my perspective is just your word against Kevin, now do we know as a group that Kevin is a lying thief? Yes we do but that doesn't change the fact that the AG could be a bunch of people with an agenda to take Skit-B down by any means possible and only watch out for their own hides. Obviously I struck a chord with them which is why they pretty much quoted my posts but here we sit in the same situation since the news broke out, ripped off and lied to, but hey AG, you got yours good job!

#6898 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

When someone writes 10,000 words, you find anomalies. Then you compare anomalies to posters from pinside. I'm fairly certain I know who at least wrote the majority, but there's not really a reason to share that as I'm not 100%. Just about 95%

#6899 4 years ago

When someone writes 10,000 words, you find anomalies.

pipe.gif
#6900 4 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

This image got 1 "unsafe" tag and has ben hidden automatically, per your settings. un-hideimage.jpg (Click image to enlarge) 1
This image got 1 "unsafe" tag and has ben hidden automatically, per your settings. un-hideimage-59.jpg (Click image to enlarge) 1

That first pic is of the world's saddest Fifth Element fan. Wow...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 2.50
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 71.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 50.00
Lighting - Led
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 2.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
Rubber/Silicone
Scandinavian Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 89.99
$ 199.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 999.00
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 25.50
There are 18301 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 367.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside