Topic Stats

• 18,272 posts
  • 815 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,540 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
194b3475e0440b8112afc0ac4ad5bf0ed0e8ec3db63fb4b6748a4f2e06a9865b (resized).jpg
31A053C2-4495-4E3E-980F-E5ADEA02F1DE (resized).jpeg
IMG_2933 (resized).JPG
beetlejuice-shrunken head (resized).jpg
2716720260_bc8966f6b1 (resized).jpg
D460F55E-AD42-43C6-91EB-B8162A84A094.gif
Screenshot_20190103-214734_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20181108-174321 (resized).png
Fife Appeal Sept 24 2018.pdf (PDF preview)
cat ooo 2.gif
7332539.attach (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

86 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 18272 posts in this topic. You are on page 135 of 366.
#6701 4 years ago

I got the exact same email hank527 eventhough I stated in my complaint that the 180 days should not come into play as the account was locked/limited within a month of me paying him and that they KNEW the account violated their policies yet they've kept my money for almost 2 years.
They don't give a f$%k.
Guess a lawsuit is the only option.

#6702 4 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I may drop PayPal completely after this

Not a bad idea at all.

#6703 4 years ago

I dumped Paypal years ago and had to cancel a credit card and close a bank account to be rid of them.
Their "Buyer Protection" is a joke.
If people only use PP and don't have a real vendor account I just buy elsewhere.

#6704 4 years ago

I've noticed that income bracket has little to do with whether someone owns pinball machines.

#6705 4 years ago
Quoted from HomeBrew:

I new it was a gamble when I paid my money and was willing to accept it whether I won or lost the bet.
It appears that I lost the bet, but it is only money.

It's not a gamble when Kevin says machines are being built and the time has come to pay for your spot in the assembly line.

Join us over here - things are happening

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attention-predator-buyers-list

#6706 4 years ago

Anyone consider that maybe Kevin lied about how much the house cost?

#6707 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Anyone consider that maybe Kevin lied about how much the house cost?

No.

When you look up his tax records, it shows that Amanda bought the house for $28,000 in Nov 2014 and it has a taxable value of $39,000.

#6708 4 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

PayPal is not helpful for me. I may drop PayPal completely after this
When you open a dispute in the Resolution Center, you must follow some
specific guidelines. We automatically close or defer cases that don't
follow these guidelines.
If you’re not satisfied, we encourage you to work directly with the seller
to resolve the problem (you’ll find their contact information on the
Transaction Details page). Most sellers welcome the opportunity to make
their buyers happy.
You have to open a dispute within the allotted timeframe. You opened your
dispute outside of the timeframe, so it was automatically closed.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Sincerely,
Protection Services

Same exact auto reply I got.

#6709 4 years ago

Found 1 in the wild today drummin up trouble

image.jpg

#6710 4 years ago

Great little nugget straight from the horse's mouth, saved in email:

"Further deposit options:
Please keep in mind that all of these options are completely refundable, and any deposit made through this system will go directly and 100% towards your machine!"

#6711 4 years ago

Bernie Madoff , in prison;
Hey, you front me 2 cigarettes and next week I pay you back 4 cigarettes...
Bernie to Kevin, ah, your gonna get fu-ked.

#6712 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

No.
When you look up his tax records, it shows that Amanda bought the house for $28,000 in Nov 2014 and it has a taxable value of $39,000.</blockqu

Let's run with this.
Family of five?
Would you honestly be able to borrow $150,000 cash from friends and family ?

Quoted from vid1900:

No.
When you look up his tax records, it shows that Amanda bought the house for $28,000 in Nov 2014 and it has a taxable value of $39,000.

Damn Vid, are you part of the AG?

#6713 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

No.
When you look up his tax records, it shows that Amanda bought the house for $28,000 in Nov 2014

Exactly... I wasn't sure what people were talking about when they said $50,000 house.... they're in a $28K house! $50K would be a mansion in that neck of the woods....

Relevant because the concept that he could "rustle-up" $100 or $150K to cover the possible shortfall in the Predator account is a stretch!

As yourself if you had family/friends that would loan you 4 or 5 times more than your house cost?

Add in the fact that his list of "friends" may have shrunk recently if they were also in the pinball hobby...

#6714 4 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

You'd be amazed how much public information is out there - what HS you went to, what specific city you were in when you sent an email out, your wife's property purchase history, etc, etc.

Lord Gaben.jpg

#6715 4 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

Vid1900 is Grand Poobah of the Trilateral Commission of Freemasons and Knights of Templar. I did the secret handshake with him once. (clammy hands)

#6716 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Vid1900 is Grand Poobah of the Trilateral Commission of Freemasons and Knights of Templar. I did the secret handshake with him once. (clammy hands)

image.jpg

#6717 4 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

Autonomous Group?

#6718 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Autonomous Group?

Attorney General

#6719 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Autonomous Group?

Anonymous Group

#6720 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Anonymous Group

Only the cool kids get to be part of that

353095-anonymous-logo-slogan.jpg
#6721 4 years ago

AG= the group that anonymously contacted Fox. Vid, the way you have been chipping in with info I am surprised more have not speculated that you were involved.

#6722 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

I guess I am in that 1%, but I agree most folks do that, assuming they will be making more money in the future, so that ultimately it will be less of a financial burden to pay off the mortgage. I'm just not someone who subscribes to that belief (and too many Real Estate folks push people that way, and that certainly contributed to the whole Real Estate market collapse, and cost many folks their homes). 80% of the population does not have enough savings to go more then a few months if they lost their job. And that has nothing to do with how much money they make, since I've also seen folks making over $150K get in deep financial trouble quickly after losing their jobs (which I do find just mind boggling), too many folks believe in living for today and getting what they want today, and not worrying about tomorrow. I personally have zero debt, which is tied to how I was raised -- don't spend money you don't have.
I have no clue how old you are, but plenty of people as they age, develop skills, experience and knowledge that let them make more in relative terms to what they were making in the 20s. I suspect that is the case with you. Hopefully, for Kevin sake, he will be able to learn and grow from this experience and be more successful in the future.

Yeah I don't see the point of living "lavish", I would rather have a house paid off and better luxuries than the "most house I can can afford" because at that rate if you lose your job and finances you are screwed.

#6723 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

AG= the group that anonymously contacted Fox. Vid, the way you have been chipping in with info I am surprised more have not speculated that you were involved.

That would not be my style, because I'm not a narc.

I would have WAY rather seen Kevin send these games out under the radar.

Parents would tell their children about the bootleg Predator in the basement, like grandpa used to talk about the secret floor panel in his bootlegging car.

#6724 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Parents would tell their children about the bootleg Predator in the basement, like grandpa used to talk about the secret floor panel in his bootlegging car.

The problem was always that Kevin never would have gotten 250 games out before getting shut down by Fox and the courts.

#6725 4 years ago

Fox did not have even the slightest hint about the game, until it was pointed out to them.

Predator had gone to a bunch of shows, and had lots of pictures on the web for years.

#6726 4 years ago

It has been 4 years. He was not building these games.

#6727 4 years ago

It was never going to happen, I think the evidence is clear.

#6728 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

you're a good man vid, i printed out your pictorial guides on fixing up flippers and bumpers and whatnot. happy to read you say this, as it's exactly how i feel about it as well

this thread is missing something recently, now what was it again? oh yes, i remember now

#6729 4 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

I got the exact same email hank527 eventhough I stated in my complaint that the 180 days should not come into play as the account was locked/limited within a month of me paying him and that they KNEW the account violated their policies yet they've kept my money for almost 2 years.
They don't give a fuck.
Guess a lawsuit is the only option.

Hmmmm . Maybe us Paypal folks have a case against Paypal. This is something we may want to pursue as the negative attention we could bring to paypal via news outlets etc.., over them knowing about the account that violated their own policies. Would be a nice little media headline against paypal and how risky it is for the consumer. hmmm

#6730 4 years ago

Just to point out - and not to defend Paypal or credit card companies but why should they be on the hook for a decision made by someone to send money to someone else. The person sending should put all the risk on a giant corporation because they want the latest toy?

Consider yourself lucky if PayPal or your credit card company help you out - but people need to assess the risk in dealing with unknown people on the Internet before doing so.

#6731 4 years ago
Quoted from ScottinSGFNY:

Just to point out - and not to defend Paypal or credit card companies but why should they be on the hook for a decision made by someone to send money to someone else. The person sending should put all the risk on a giant corporation because they want the latest toy?
Consider yourself lucky if PayPal or your credit card company help you out - but people need to assess the risk in dealing with unknown people on the Internet before doing so.

I agree, but in this case it sounds like Paypal potentially froze the SkitB account back sometime in July/Aug of 2014, while at the same time they have told some they knew this was for a pre-order product and did not meet their TOS.

When Paypal opts to take a large sum of money, put it on lock down and invest it elsewhere, then I do have some issue with how this is being handled. Paypal is the last person I want getting to keep 750k. At that point I would rather it go to lawyers or up in smoke.

#6732 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

When Paypal opts to take a large sum of money, put it on lock down and invest it elsewhere,

for starters, paypal would not, and have no rights to invest this money elsewhere...

#6733 4 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

You see how he said "Check yourself" Not Check your self fool. He was able to state the truth, without name calling. It is a wise and fair debate tactic, that still accomplishes his point.

Ok.

#6734 4 years ago

Kevin is a registered vendor for Michigan Pinball Expo. Maybe you should talk to him there?

#6735 4 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

for starters, paypal would not, and have no rights to invest this money elsewhere...

I assumed they collect interest on all money just sitting there in their giant account?

#6736 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Completely agree and I love your metaphor.

Quoted from vid1900:

Fox did not have even the slightest hint about the game, until it was pointed out to them.

I agree with this also. The vast majority of day to day crime is solved by informants.

What great panache to be out in the open, right under the nose of a large corporation. A few more months and many of us might have had the ultimate bad boy machine in our collection.

#6737 4 years ago

A pinball machine with an unapproved logo/theme is "bad boy" and a story worthy of being passed down?

Skit-B wasn't doing something special. They were doing something anyone can do (slap a brand on something) and they failed at it.

He is a real Billy the Kid......

#6738 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Completely agree and I love your metaphor.

I agree with this also. The vast majority of day to day crime is solved by informants.
What great panache to be out in the open, right under the nose of a large corporation. A few more months and many of us might have had the ultimate bad boy machine in our collection.

You are ignoring the elephant in the room. Regardless of any licence, Skit-B was never going to be able to produce 250 board games, let alone 250 pinball machines.

#6739 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I assumed they collect interest on all money just sitting there in their giant account?

You bet your ass it's bearing interest.

#6740 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Predator had gone to a bunch of shows, and had lots of pictures on the web for years.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but you make it sound like the only problem here was that he got caught. But he was stealing. Theft of other's IP is not a victimless crime. It's wrong and it's a major problem for studios.

Of course, Pen above points out the even larger issue with Kevin and Skit-B. They never had the ability to build 250 games (and admitted as much.) This wasn't going to end happily no matter what.

#6741 4 years ago

Collecting interest and investing the core money is completely different.

#6742 4 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

Collecting interest and investing the core money is completely different.

how so?

#6743 4 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

Yeah I don't see the point of living "lavish", I would rather have a house paid off and better luxuries than the "most house I can can afford" because at that rate if you lose your job and finances you are screwed.

This is an article I just ran across that discusses spending money on experiences as opposed to "things."

http://www.fastcoexist.com/3043858/world-changing-ideas/the-science-of-why-you-should-spend-your-money-on-experiences-not-thing

Brad

#6744 4 years ago

Not looking to offend anyone, but what reasons did people have for investing in this game?

I completely understand doing a pre-order with Jersey Jack, he's been in the business long enough to have full confidence in the game coming out.

#6745 4 years ago

let's not start THIS again....

#6746 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

let's not start THIS again....

Yeh.ok

#6747 4 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Hmmmm . Maybe us Paypal folks have a case against Paypal.

How?

People are trying to dispute paypal charges MONTHS (YEARS?) beyond their stated policy.

Paypal's policys are pretty damn easy to find/read/understand. I understand Kevin alluded to some "special arrangement" with paypal , but I think its fair to say most of what Kevin has said he proven to be bullshit.

So I dont understand how anyone (unless they paid within the last few weeks) had any recourse with paypal's handling of this.

Buyers (sadly) chose to use this method for product that wasnt to be delivered for YEARS. Any help paypal gives is a function of them going above and beyond.

Once again, its not paypal, CC, Pinball news, AG, etc, etc.... its Kevin.

#6748 4 years ago
Going in Circles paint.png
#6749 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Not looking to offend anyone, but what reasons did people have for investing in this game?

Theme has appeal to some (me included).
I liked the cabinet and BG.
Animations were fine.
The prototype we saw was complete - rules were far more complete than any Stern game (or WoZ) when released.

Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I completely understand doing a pre-order with Jersey Jack, he's been in the business long enough to have full confidence in the game coming out.

Being in the business does not mean being capable of running a factory producing a game.
JPop has been in the business long enough too... Ask MG/RAZA owners about "full confidence".
Those who went for WoZ preorders had guts; it was a bumpy ride that took what... 3 years ?

#6750 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

For one thing, I don't think Kevin actually has the ability to mfg these machines.

As far as the 'bootleg' situation: It would have been almost acceptable if the people buying the product were informed it was a bootleg. But they weren't. They were not fully informed on the risk they were taking. Kevin was full of shit. Nothing cool about that.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 10.00
Cabinet Parts
Flashinstinct
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
£ 31.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 34.99
Cleaner
Pinball Pro
$ 69.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 10.95
$ 159.00
$ 15.00
€ 8.40
$ 221.00
Cabinet Parts
Tilted Pinball
$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 46.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
There are 18272 posts in this topic. You are on page 135 of 366.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside