Clevon (resized).jpg
0C707122-51D1-4488-8B69-8C91DA48018D.jpeg
72329539_10219705910182373_6362298985876553728_n (resized).jpg
pirateplayersclub (resized).jpg
case against keith.pdf (PDF preview)
_2_16-21030.pdf (PDF preview)
Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

87 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,488 posts in this topic. You are on page 126 of 370.
#6251 9 years ago

Hi all. I dropped out of reading this thread long ago even though I'm financially involved. ($4750.00) (I'm really getting sick of Pinside and all of the useless noise here and in other threads)

Anyway, I hope I'm helpful and not redundant but here's what I just did moments ago.

I called Paypal after getting an online code and phone number from them. I punched the code into the automated message. The first operator I spoke to was helpful and bump me up another level after my explaining the situation. The second operator looked up the Skitb situation and then tracked down my payments. I was then given refund codes.

I quizzed the PayPal operator and she told me they were well aware of the situation. She said Paypal is NOT issuing refunds or even responsible to do so as too much time has passed. She told me Paypal is cooperating with the account individual **at his request** and he alone is responsible for any money being returned.

In other words, when Kevin gets the official accounting from PayPal he will refund the money himself.

The key element PayPal needs along with your account is Kevin's account address which is: [email protected]

I now return you to the shit storm so many of you seem to enjoy.

#6252 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

No license.
The end.

Oh, and use AMEX or Discover card for your future pinball purchase.

#6253 9 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

booby traps.

#6254 9 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Hi all. I dropped out of reading this thread long ago even though I'm financially involved. ($4750.00) (I'm really getting sick of Pinside and all of the useless noise here and in other threads)
Anyway, I hope I'm helpful and not redundant but here's what I just did moments ago.
I called Paypal after getting an online code and phone number from them. I punched the code into the automated message. The first operator I spoke to was helpful and bump me up another level after my explaining the situation. The second operator looked up the Skitb situation and then tracked down my payments. I was then given refund codes.
I quizzed the PayPal operator and she told me they were well aware of the situation. She said Paypal is NOT issuing refunds or even responsible to do so as too much time has passed. She told me Paypal is cooperating with the account individual **at his request** and he alone is responsible for any money being returned.
In other words, when Kevin gets the official accounting from PayPal he will refund the money himself.
The key element PayPal needs along with your account is Kevin's account address which is: [email protected]

Thanks for sharing the info. Kind of ironic you you start the post referencing useless noise then make sure to add a condescending "shit storm" dig at the end of your post.

#6255 9 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

I also feel bad about all those Meerkats we shaved.

And they were pissed off too!

#6256 9 years ago
Quoted from notaflyingtoy:

Thanks for sharing the info. Kind of ironic you you start the post referencing useless noise then make sure to add a condescending "shit storm" dig at the end of your post.

I like that about me also.

#6257 9 years ago

I was told by the Skit-B Crew that production runs under 250 fell into a category of "fan works"and fell under a less stringent IP requirements. That is how they got around the full out license. Does anyone have information on this fan works exception?

#6258 9 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Refund code? What's that?

#6259 9 years ago
Quoted from galaxian:

I was told by the Skit-B Crew that production runs under 250 fell into a category of "fan works"and fell under a less stringent IP requirements. That is how they got around the full out license. Does anyone have information on this fan works exception?

Yes. That does not exist.

#6260 9 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

Refund code? What's that?

It's PayPal's record keeping and something I can follow up with if need be.

With the exception of an occasional peek, I'm outta here guys.

#6261 9 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Did you pay with your credit card through Paypal? If so, open a dispute with your credit card. They can yank the funds from Paypal and refund you. Right now it's not Paypal's problem and you are at Kevin's mercy. Issue a dispute with your credit card and this now becomes Paypal's problem too and you will most likely get an immediate conditional credit which will become permanent after they investigate.

#6262 9 years ago

Damn, I wish this game got made.

#6263 9 years ago
Quoted from playboywillis:

Damn, I wish this game got made.

The game played like crap, not just in layout but in mechanical glitches also.

#6264 9 years ago

It's interesting that at least 3 of us have talked to paypal and we're getting 3 different stories. I basically had the same conversation Mr.68 did, but paypal did not give me a refund code.

#6265 9 years ago

I have spoke to two pay pal reps and 2 supervisors in the last two days. All 4 said nothing they could do and I should seek legal action and the police will have to get involved for anything to happen Or get my bank to file a investigation. The closed my case the day they opened it and said anything over 45 days they can't do anything about. have a appointment with the bank Tuesday. Hoping they can do something. PayPal doesnt even care one bit.

#6266 9 years ago

Yeah funny right . Everyone has the same story except whysnow.

#6267 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Yeah funny right . Everyone has the same story except whysnow.

Not surprised.

#6268 9 years ago

This is gonna have to be a group effort cause Kevin isn't doing shit. I wonder what amount paid with other than a credit card?

#6269 9 years ago

I would be curious what amount people would sell their "possible future refunds" for and what someone would pay for the chance of the buying their position in the "possible future refund".

I know no one is going to be able to sell or buy, just would be interesting to hear what some people would buy in at and take on the risk and what some would be willing to cut their loses for.

#6270 9 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

This is gonna have to be a group effort cause Kevin isn't doing shit. I wonder what amount paid with other than a credit card?

At this point it's still going to be a mix since it seems quite a few people aren't being helped by their CC company either.

I emailed Kevin this morning to find out where we are in the refund process and why it's taking longer than he stated initially (even though I likely know why), and have still heard nothing back.

#6271 9 years ago
Quoted from icust298:

I would be curious what amount people would sell their "possible future refunds" for and what someone would pay for the chance of the buying their position in the "possible future refund".
I know no one is going to be able to sell or buy, just would be interesting to hear what some people would buy in at and take on the risk and what some would be willing to cut their loses for.

Huh?

#6272 9 years ago

He wants to pay you $3k now in the hope that he will get a return of $4.5k, if/when Kevin gets his shit in gear.

#6273 9 years ago
Quoted from icust298:

I will give you a song and a prayer.

Seriously though, this is all very sad, and for those who suggest that being present in this thread on any level equates to pure joy, you are just wrong. Just as it was wrong to silence the doubters 3 years ago. Lets try and play nice though, Big Pinside is Watching you.

#6274 9 years ago

Just a heads up, Kevin isn't talking now which leads me to believe he has legal counsel. I had been talking to him through text messaging and he assured me that he has the majority of the funds in paypal and is trying to refund the funds. He did say he has spent money on parts and that he will replace them by selling what he can. From his text he said that the paypal account has been locked since June of 2013 because paypal does not allow preorders. He also said there is a person that works for paypal that he was strictly doing business with and would only release funds to him for parts and whatnot as long as he provided very detailed paperwork to prove where the funds were going.

How much of this is true I have no clue? I'd say if he got legal counsel the chance of refunds are probably slim now jmo. I told him to send an email explaining everything he is doing with paypal and to be as translucent as possible and to not speak like a politician and most would be patient and work with him. He hasn't taken that advice. He was trying to refund me(his words) but I believe was having issues with paypal. Take from this what you will.

#6275 9 years ago

I don't have a spot to sell, but I'll take that song and that prayer, haha. A friend of mine preordered one long ago, I played the one last year at MGC, thought it was a cool idea, there was seemed to be some good guys working on/around it. No idea who they were.

I've been following along and was curious where everyone's confidence lies after someone saying they've been refunded today. Wish the best for everyone involved.

#6276 9 years ago

Seems to me everyone has bent over backwards to give Kevin the benefit of the doubt. Time for him to start issuing refunds to all involved as he stated he would.

#6277 9 years ago

This is literally how I picture him sending emails and the words that come out of his mouth...

#6278 9 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

He wants to pay you $3k now in the hope that he will get a return of $4.5k, if/when Kevin gets his shit in gear.

Yeah, I understand the concept, but not the reality of it actuallly happening.

#6279 9 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

This is literally how I picture him sending emails and the words that come out of his mouth...
crap-out-mouth.gif

Now that's some funny shit right there!

#6280 9 years ago
Quoted from HunchbackHodler:

The game played like crap, not just in layout but in mechanical glitches also.

Explain mechanical issues

#6281 9 years ago

@ playboywillis

Quoted from icust298:

Hey I played this game last year at MGC and it went into a ball search after the first ball. Seems pretty fitting now. Hopefully all of you guys get your money back!!!

Quoted from s1500:

The 2 center targets you mentioned had too large of a gap between them. The ball got stuck each time I made a shot to it. Keviin would just take a magnetic tool & give me the ball back. With being such an up-front shot, this happened quite a few times.

With any ramp shot I made, the ball would just fly off 2/3rds the way through since the ramps were much too shallow.

Quoted from vid1900:

In 10 years, what do you think the 3 Predator prototypes will be worth?

Quoted from playboywillis:

Do they work better than they did at the expos?

#6282 9 years ago

Hey I played this game last year at MGC and it went into a ball search after the first ball.

I guess you have never seen any game where it goes into ball search?

It happens even on brand new Sterns.

The 2 center targets you mentioned had too large of a gap between them. The ball got stuck each time I made a shot to it. Keviin would just take a magnetic tool & give me the ball back. With being such an up-front shot, this happened quite a few times.

Same thing used to happen on a bunch of games like F-14.

Takes about 2 minutes to adjust.

With any ramp shot I made, the ball would just fly off 2/3rds the way through since the ramps were much too shallow.

The final ramps worked fine AFAICT.

Do they work better than they did at the expos?

If a game is ever going to break, it will be at an expo so you can be embarrassed. Low line voltages, super hot environment, constant 4 day play. An excellent test of your maintenance skills - just like the old 24 hour arcade days.

Every mechanical part on the playfield was a Williams design, easy to service.

#6283 9 years ago

I think icust298 meant that the ball search happened a lot, but he would have to explain it further himself.

And concerning the ball getting stuck between stand-ups, s1500 added "With being such an up-front shot, this happened quite a few times" (voltage has nothing to do with that)

#6284 9 years ago

And concerning the ball getting stuck between stand-ups, s1500 added "With being such an up-front shot, this happened quite a few times" (voltage has nothing to do with that)

Why would it have anything to do with voltage?

You adjust the spacing between the 2 targets.

#6285 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Why would it have anything to do with voltage?

It doesn't, that's my point. Why did you bring it up in the first place? Read what you wrote in your first reply: "Low line voltages, super hot environment, constant 4 day play". A stuck ball has nothing to do with those. And to place 2 stand-ups at such a place is a poor design creating a ton of bricked shots as seen in those videos.

#6286 9 years ago

It doesn't, that's my point. Why did you bring it up in the first place? Read what you wrote in your first reply: "Low line voltages, super hot environment, constant 4 day play". A stuck ball has nothing to do with those. And to place 2 stand-ups at such a place is a poor design creating a ton of bricked shots as seen in those videos.

What's the point? What are you trying to accomplish? You did not like it? Fine!
Am I constantly trolling the TWD threads because I do not like the game?

Don't piss on my (preordered) corn flakes. Thanks.
Which I will never eat...

#6287 9 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

What's the point? What are you trying to accomplish? You did not like it? Fine!
Am I constantly trolling the TWD threads because I do not like the game?
Don't piss on my (preordered) corn flakes. Thanks.
Which I will never eat...

I posted other people's opinions which I think were clear in their own right, and vid decides to debate them. Welcome to pinside. Now you want to argue with me.

Pinside... fun for the whole family.

#6288 9 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

From his text he said that the paypal account has been locked since June of 2013 because paypal does not allow preorders.

I was refunded Nov 7th 2014. How did he manage that? Kevin is a liar, you can't believe anything he says.

#6289 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I guess you have never seen any game where it goes into ball search?
It happens even on brand new Sterns.

Same thing used to happen on a bunch of games like F-14.
Takes about 2 minutes to adjust.

The final ramps worked fine AFAICT.

If a game is ever going to break, it will be at an expo so you can be embarrassed. Low line voltages, super hot environment, constant 4 day play. An excellent test of your maintenance skills - just like the old 24 hour arcade days.
Every mechanical part on the playfield was a Williams design, easy to service.

24 hour arcade days. Loved them!!!

#6290 9 years ago
Quoted from MarcG:

I was refunded Nov 7th 2014. How did he manage that? Kevin is a liar, you can't believe anything he says.

Read my post again, he said it was locked but not that he doesn't have access to the funds just that paypal had to approve him pulling funds from it. And yes I realize he is a liar which is why I said take from my post what you will.
The approval of paypal seems legit to me if you look back to when people requested and got refunds pre-shitstorm, it always took a while because he had to jump through hoops with a locked account to send funds.

#6291 9 years ago

Damn hunchback you are nust crapping on these threads lately . Jpops not nice , this game sucks etc. slow down Debbie downer . By the way vid was giving examples of things that happen to various games not just this one. Now keep bringing that ray of sunshine to these folks right when they need it most ; )

#6292 9 years ago

All i was doing was relaying what the paypal lady told me.

#6293 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Damn hunchback you are nust crapping on these threads lately . Jpops not nice , this game sucks etc. slow down Debbie downer . By the way vid was giving examples of things that happen to various games not just this one. Now keep bringing that ray of sunshine to these folks right when they need it most ; )

I know you winked, but I'll say this...

If buyers of Predator can't get their game, telling them that they missed out on a great game will depress them even more. So in this case, telling them the truth about its sub-par quality is a good thing. No one will own this game.

And JPOP is, in fact, a thief who stole $7k from one vendor, and there are other vendors I'm sure. So me saying "he's not a nice guy" is fair.

#6294 9 years ago

"This post was moderated and edited for Personal attack 1 minute ago. A thread eject was issued.
Unless you have concrete evidence on JPop, there is no grounds fr calling him a thief. That's how nasty rumors get started. If you have evidence, post it in the appropriate thread."

Remember that nasty rumor about Skit..... Wait, never mind. A thread eject for warning fellow pinsiders can be considered a badge of honor. Although, I agree it is best to not resort to name calling before you have proof.

#6295 9 years ago

So in this case, telling them the truth about its sub-par quality is a good thing.

Your posts aren't helping, and they aren't a good thing.

#6296 9 years ago

Hunchback goes down swinging.
wings2_18d.jpgwings2_18d.jpg

#6297 9 years ago

Anyone complaining about things being said in this thread, shoud use the power button on their electronic device and be a grown up.....of course, this can go both ways......

Power button.

#6298 9 years ago

JPOP is, in fact, a thief who stole $7k from one vendor

I have only read some of this thread. But I don't get the moderation. Did he not state the evidence by saying the amount and its a vendor. Dont we already have confirmation from cointaker and GLM?

So why is information being moderated.

#6299 9 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

Although, I agree it is best to not resort to name calling before you have proof.

Agreed.
I don't have concrete proof as in physical documentation, but i've seen and heard enough to nod my head in agreement after reading his "name calling" claim.

#6300 9 years ago

So in this case, telling them the truth about its sub-par quality is a good thing.

That would not be the truth, that would be your opinion. There were 250 people that would have disagreed with your opinion.

It's all good though. If we all liked/disliked the same things this place would be boring. I respect your opinion; I just disagree with it. Sadly, we'll never know how well the game played or not.

There are 18,488 posts in this topic. You are on page 126 of 370.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-skit-b-predator-discussion/page/126 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.