Topic Stats

• 18,314 posts
  • 816 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 55 days ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 192 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,545 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0C707122-51D1-4488-8B69-8C91DA48018D.jpeg
72329539_10219705910182373_6362298985876553728_n (resized).jpg
pirateplayersclub (resized).jpg
case against keith.pdf (PDF preview)
_2_16-21030.pdf (PDF preview)
Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
194b3475e0440b8112afc0ac4ad5bf0ed0e8ec3db63fb4b6748a4f2e06a9865b (resized).jpg
31A053C2-4495-4E3E-980F-E5ADEA02F1DE (resized).jpeg
IMG_2933 (resized).JPG
beetlejuice-shrunken head (resized).jpg
2716720260_bc8966f6b1 (resized).jpg
D460F55E-AD42-43C6-91EB-B8162A84A094.gif

Topic index (key posts)

86 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 18314 posts in this topic. You are on page 125 of 367.
#6201 5 years ago
Quoted from oopsallberrys:

I made the $4500 payment on 2/26/2014. I went through my credit card for the dispute and they in turn opened the Paypal case. I'm not going to bother disputing the initial $250 deposit.
I ended up with a negative balance on my Discover card so I called them up and they are sending me a check.

Glad it worked out for you!

And this is why I've been saying you all need to issue a dispute directly through your credit card if you paid that way through Paypal. It WILL work and you do not need to rely on Kevin voluntarily coughing up your funds.

#6202 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I emailed Kevin and asked about timeframe for refunds. 10 minutes ago he said they started 2 days ago.
Finally!!
....edit: I sent another email asking what was happening with people who have sent checks....

I won't believe him till I see the first paypal refund, not a credit card chargeback.

#6203 5 years ago

Paypal has closed my case and filed in my favor. I got my "refund" of 4500 . Good luck to everyone else!

#6204 5 years ago

Paypal has closed my case and filed in my favor. I got my "refund" of 4500 . Good luck to everyone else!

CONGRATS!!!

#6205 5 years ago

This calls for more boobs!

#6206 5 years ago

It's glorious....

sunglasses.gif

#6207 5 years ago
Quoted from nintendo:

How about, instead, more on-topic good news?

#6208 5 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

Why can't we have both?

#6209 5 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

Sorry . I thought the boobs had something to do with the refund

#6210 5 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

Why can't we have both?

I had my moderator hat on, and thinking it would be nice to actually stick to relevant info now that it appears that there is actually some....

Yeah, people like the ladies, but once upon a time this thread had a topic...I think....

#6211 5 years ago

^^LOL! Yes it did!

#6212 5 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

I had my moderator hat on, and thinking it would be nice to actually stick to relevant info now that it appears that there is actually some....
Yeah, people like the ladies, but once upon a time this thread had a topic...I think....

I would like to see it turn into a refund-a-thon, then boobs (and lots of them) once the last refundee has crossed the finish line.

#6213 5 years ago

I made the $4500 payment on 2/26/2014. I went through my credit card for the dispute and they in turn opened the Paypal case. I'm not going to bother disputing the initial $250 deposit.
I ended up with a negative balance on my Discover card so I called them up and they are sending me a check.

Can I ask when you filed your dispute with the credit card company? You paid the deposit over a year ago, I'm interested to know why they honoured a refund? Is it something like 540 days for goods/services not delivered? I'd love to know how this works... Has your CC company liaised with PayPal or have they just refunded you then go they after PayPal. Clearly this has nothing to do with SkitB honouring or processing refunds but it is at least one bit of good news.

Good luck everyone else. Quite a few angry folks here in the UK...

#6214 5 years ago
Quoted from nintendo:

Quoted from NJGecko:

Now that's some NJ buzzkill right there

#6215 5 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

#6217 5 years ago

That's awesome! Now you can use that on the next pre-order that comes down the pike.

Seriously though, congrats. This is a huge step in the right direction for everyone. Precedence has now been set. Everyone should get their money back.

Fingers crossed for you all.

#6218 5 years ago
Quoted from cooldan:

gif preposterous boobage.gif

Looks more like a big set of boys to me, like the ones guys have hanging from their pickup truck hitches.

#6219 5 years ago

For all you Stevie Tyler and Boob lovers out there. Here's your fix.
So wrong, so terribly wrong.

#6220 5 years ago

Paypal has closed my case and filed in my favor. I got my "refund" of 4500 ...

You should just forward that money right over to JPop. Now that the Predator refunds are starting to hit, Alice in Wonderland slots are filling up fast ...

#6221 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

You should just forward that money right over to JPop. Now that the Predator refunds are starting to hit, Alice in Wonderland slots are filling up fast ...

scared shining.gif
#6223 5 years ago
Quoted from nedreud:

Can I ask when you filed your dispute with the credit card company? You paid the deposit over a year ago, I'm interested to know why they honoured a refund? Is it something like 540 days for goods/services not delivered? I'd love to know how this works... Has your CC company liaised with PayPal or have they just refunded you then go they after PayPal. Clearly this has nothing to do with SkitB honouring or processing refunds but it is at least one bit of good news.
Good luck everyone else. Quite a few angry folks here in the UK...

I filed the dispute with my CC company on March 19th, I gave them a PDF of the PayPal confirmation email. They filed the chargeback with PayPal and immediately gave me my funds. If PayPal could provide evidence that I received the game then they would take back the funds.

I looked at my PayPal account and there was a dispute opened under my account (opened by the CC company). I checked the status every day. At first it was awaiting seller, then two days ago it went to PayPal review, and today it is closed stating "The chargeback case is closed because there is insufficient evidence to dispute the chargeback." PayPal couldn't get enough evidence to dispute the chargeback from my CC so they gave up. Discover is sending me a check because of my negative balance on my account.

#6224 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

For all you Stevie Tyler and Boob lovers out there. Here's your fix.

That's what happens when you take estrogen every day.

#6225 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

haha, I am already in on AIW for the initial payment but not giving him any more money until MG/RAZA are being produced.

#6226 5 years ago

If any of you are not receiving the same customer support from your credit card companies that Oopsallberrys got, I would suggest that you tell them that you KNOW PayPal has been issuing refunds and that you are fully expecting your card company to make the request on your behalf.
If they give you any nonsense about expired deadlines, keep escalating up the chain of command, stating that "if other credit cards are providing support to their customers, it's obviously time to switch cards".

Maybe other Pinsiders could share: is anyone giving your grief about expired deadlines? Cause it doesn't hurt the card companies to file a refund on your behalf.

Good luck!

#6227 5 years ago

My CC company said they couldn't even see charges to my card past 6 months. Guess I'm going to have to request to "talk to their supervisor"...

#6228 5 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

My CC company said they couldn't even see charges to my card past 6 months. Guess I'm going to have to request to "talk to their supervisor"...

Fax/email them a copy of your statement if necessary. (Assuming you have one)
I would make it as clear as possible to them that PayPal is on board, despite the timing.

#6229 5 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

My CC company said they couldn't even see charges to my card past 6 months.

LOL, I bet if you missed a payment from 8 years ago they would be able to find that no problemo.

What CC company is it?

#6230 5 years ago

Hearing refunds are beginning to go through is a bit of sunshine cutting through some really dark days. Let's hope everyone gets made whole ASAP.

When you get those refunds don't "be patient," go right out and buy yourselves some pinball with it. AMH maybe?

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#6231 5 years ago

Has anyone gotten an actual refund from Kevin yet? Or is it only chargebacks so far?

#6232 5 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

LOL, I bet if you missed a payment from 8 years ago they would be able to find that no problemo.
What CC company is it?

Sears Mastercard

#6233 5 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

If any of you are not receiving the same customer support from your credit card companies that Oopsallberrys got, I would suggest that you tell them that you KNOW PayPal has been issuing refunds

Maybe I have misunderstood, and the first post from Oopsallberrys was confusing because it did state that he got a refund "from paypal" but subsequent posts seem to make it clear that he actually got a credit from his credit card company (which may or may not have anything to do with paypal).

Am I wrong?

#6234 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Maybe I have misunderstood, and the first post from Oopsallberrys was confusing because it did state that he got a refund "from paypal" but subsequent posts seem to make it clear that he actually got a credit from his credit card company (which may or may not have anything to do with paypal).
Am I wrong?

I got a credit from my credit card company first while the investigation was on going. PayPal closed the case stating they couldn't dispute my chargeback. I keep the credit that my credit card gave me. If PayPal said I was in the wrong for filing the chargeback, then my credit card company would charge me the $4500 again.

#6235 5 years ago

I got a credit from my credit card company first while the investigation was on going. PayPal closed the case stating they couldn't dispute my chargeback. I keep the credit that my credit card gave me. If PayPal said I was in the wrong for filing the chargeback, then my credit card company would charge me the $4500 again.

Perfect!

Thanks for the follow up clarification.

#6236 5 years ago

Now the question begs: how many get refunds before the well goes dry.

Fingers are crossed for all of you guys!

#6237 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Perfect!
Thanks for the follow up clarification.

That's great news and I hope it works out for everybody.

It's no evidence that there is actually any money in Skit B's paypal account, but at least it's a precedent that Paypal is going to roll over for appropriately documented chargeback claims and assume the risk of loss.

Most likely Kevin just failed to respond to requests from Paypal to challenge the chargeback (what Paypal would have claimed earlier as "working with Skit-B") and paypal was left with no choice but to stand down to the CC company.

It's actually also potentially favorable since the refund didn't come directly from Kevin, it may not be able to be challenged as a preferential payment if he runs to bankruptcy court. Good luck everybody.

#6238 5 years ago

Just keep note, guys, that when this happens - a chargeback - it doesn't mean money is in Kevin's account. You can have a successful chargeback even with his account empty. (It then falls on PayPal to get it back however they can..)

#6239 5 years ago

So there is no actual refunds happening yet.

Claims are happening. Not refunds.

#6240 5 years ago

Anyone receive a refund directly from Kevin yet? If he started a couple of days ago, there should be some.

#6241 5 years ago

I dont mean to be sarcastic at all but what happened with the Preditor machine? I was following the initial post maybe a year or two ago when the prototypes were being designed but then i didnt follow up since. Now i see all the conversation regarding money return attempts. WHAT HAPPENED????

#6242 5 years ago
Quoted from rgb635:

I dont mean to be sarcastic at all but what happened with the Preditor machine? I was following the initial post maybe a year or two ago when the prototypes were being designed but then i didnt follow up since. Now i see all the conversation regarding money return attempts. WHAT HAPPENED????

Read back about 2000 posts....

In a nutshell, it was exposed that Kevin didn't have a license to produce Predator and the project is dead.

#6243 5 years ago
Quoted from rgb635:

No license.

The end.

#6244 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

No license.

The end.

Life support pulled.

Flat line.

#6245 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

No license.
The end.

Lol...I can name that tune in 3 notes: No license....end.

#6246 5 years ago
Quoted from rgb635:

You missed it, man.

The project is dead, but what a ride! When we ran into that cartel patrol I thought we were goners. Then there was that ancient temple with all the booby traps. Remember that island full of scantily clad beauties? Yeah, sucks they turned to all be dudes. I also feel bad about all those Meerkats we shaved. Why the heck did we do that? Oh right, that $5 dare to lick that glowing frog. Anyway, sucks we didn't get our Predators.

meerkat.jpg

#6247 5 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Read back about 2000 posts....
In a nutshell, it was exposed that Kevin didn't have a license to produce Predator and the project is dead.

WHAT!?!?! OMG.......thats crazy....with such a prominent movie and actors how would you dare touch that including sound samples without a license!? Damn...this is sad for the community. I hope those that paid can get some restitution. Has class action been discussed?

#6248 5 years ago

I have placed a dispute with Paypal. Fingers crossed.

#6249 5 years ago

RGB....Read back....

#6250 5 years ago
Quoted from sensfreak:

Anyone receive a refund directly from Kevin yet? If he started a couple of days ago, there should be some.

Uhhhh... I wouldn't hold your breath.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 14.95
Various Novelties
Allteksystems
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 12.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
M&M Mods
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 13.00
Playfields
Lermods
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 10,900.00
Pinball Machine
RMV Sales
$ 6.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
€ 279.00
Displays
PINBALLSP
$ 1,200.00
£ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 19.00
There are 18314 posts in this topic. You are on page 125 of 367.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside