Topic Stats

• 18,278 posts
  • 815 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 days ago by Mr68
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,540 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
194b3475e0440b8112afc0ac4ad5bf0ed0e8ec3db63fb4b6748a4f2e06a9865b (resized).jpg
31A053C2-4495-4E3E-980F-E5ADEA02F1DE (resized).jpeg
IMG_2933 (resized).JPG
beetlejuice-shrunken head (resized).jpg
2716720260_bc8966f6b1 (resized).jpg
D460F55E-AD42-43C6-91EB-B8162A84A094.gif
Screenshot_20190103-214734_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20181108-174321 (resized).png
Fife Appeal Sept 24 2018.pdf (PDF preview)
cat ooo 2.gif
7332539.attach (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

86 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 18278 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 366.
#6101 4 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

Does anyone in here have an opinion on which agency is the best to file a criminal complaint for internet fraud with, IC3 or the FTC or both? While I have already filed a chargeback, I have no idea if it will A. Damage my paypal account B. Damage my credit in any way. C. be denied altogether. Also, I'm pissed for the guys who payed through bank accounts, etc. and have their money locked up with Kevin. This man committed a fraud worth close to a million dollars, and the silence is unacceptable.

i'd pursue every avenue available....

no to a and b... a chargeback for non delivery of goods will not effect you...

#6102 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Why? What's the point? It would be interesting reading for sure but it's far too late for Kevin to salvage his reputation by "coming clean." And even if he responded to your list of questions, how could you possibly believe the answers?
All that matters is getting the money back to the buyers. Either Kevin starts refunding the money immediately, or the lawsuits commence and this whole mess gets slowly and messily resolved in court.

Right. A grand mea culpa from Kevin is NOT coming.

im afraid the refunds are coming swifty either . Someone needs to begin legal proceedings (if they haven't already). Any more talk of giving Kevin "a few more days" borders on the insane.

Good luck folks... I think the rides not over yet

In the meantime, I was thrilled to come across an Olivia Wilde movie I'd never seen before, Third Person. Movie is "meh" but Olivia is awesome.

#6103 4 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Used my bank account via PayPal. Filed claim sunday. Just got spit back saying closed automatically due to over 180 days. Payed June 24th.
-Jim

What bank are you using. I used bank of america and they told me I have a year to file a chargeback. And when you tell them you want a chargeback on a preorder you paid for tell them the release of the preorder was February 28th 2015 (they have some kind of 60 day timeline for that). Anyway hope that helps, Im well past the year on some of the payments but if I had filed a chargeback 6 weeks ago when I originally asked for a refund I would have got 2 grand back.

#6105 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

If Kevin has hired his attorney, I'm sure they said "No more talking to anyone!!!".
First thing an attorney usually does is tell you to shut your stupid mouth.

Kevin is still talking, trust me.

#6106 4 years ago

I'm buying a new suit 'cause I want to look good in court.

#6107 4 years ago

I just got off the phone with Paypal and the lady told me that the SkitB account has the funds to apparently refund all people and transactions. She seemed to think it was going to take a little bit?

she asked me for 'patience'.

Just wanted to relay what I was told from paypal.

#6108 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I just got off the phone with Paypal and the lady told me that the SkitB account has the funds to apparently refund all people and transactions.

WOW!

Kevin really does have a secret deal with Paypal !

#6109 4 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Kevin is still talking, trust me.

At least you know he has not spent the money on an attorney.

#6110 4 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

i'd pursue every avenue available....
no to a and b... a chargeback for non delivery of goods will not effect you...

I seem to remember at least one person on here saying that paypal closed their account after a chargeback, due to not following paypal rules for submitting a claim within 180 days. Though they didn't give any further specifics on why they filed the chargeback to begin with. And maybe the claim was not as black and white as this one.

#6111 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I just got off the phone with Paypal and the lady told me that the SkitB account has the funds to apparently refund all people and transactions. She seemed to think it was going to take a little bit?

This would be really great news if true. As they are probably best equipped to deal with this whole mess including all the forms of payment, chargebacks, etc.

#6112 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

A paypal phone rep told you the balance of another person's account - then implored you for patience... ?!?

How would this rep know how much is owed to even make a judgment on whether all can be refunded?

What number did you dial? I want to repeat this process for myself.

#6113 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Someone at PayPal gave you information on other customers' accounts?!

#6114 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

WOW!
Kevin really does have a secret deal with Paypal !

Quoted from Whysnow:

Did paypal really tell you this? They are really not supposed to give out details of another persons account to you. I was told that Kevin has indeed been talking to them but they wouldn't give me any details. So I took that as meaning he is absolutely trying to issue refunds.

#6115 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

She really told you that? She looked up all the transactions and found all the money is still there?
...if true...this is BIG NEWS, Vincenzo!

#6116 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

She really told you that? She looked up all the transactions and found all the money is still there?

Yeah that post seems very naive

#6117 4 years ago

Did paypal really tell you this? They are really not supposed to give out details of another persons account to you. I was told that Kevin has indeed been talking to them but they wouldn't give me any details. So I took that as meaning he is absolutely trying to issue refunds.

Maybe once they confirm a fraudulent account, they are allowed to release some vague info to those other account holders who were impacted? Or maybe someone new didn't know what they were doing? Hoping for the best either way.

#6118 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

This has to be a 100% real. Especially because god forbid you make any single detail up about this and you would never be comfortable around the pin world ever again.

#6119 4 years ago

Maybe Whysnow just forgot to put one of these in there

#6120 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Did she say you would get a bi-weekly update?

Brad

#6121 4 years ago

Do. Not. Believe. It. Perhaps she meant there appears to be enough to cover YOUR deposit Whysnow. Id like to think it's true but I just can't see where Kevin got all the money to cover everything spent to date.

#6122 4 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Did she say you would get a bi-weekly update?
Brad

370590.jpg

Credit to Hazoff for one of my favorite pics in this thread.

#6123 4 years ago

double post

#6124 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Never a good strategy to rely on free legal advice discerned on a public forum.

Lawyer-Dog-Fetch-Fraud.gif

#6125 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

PayPal told me (on the Phone)they opened a dispute and I should get my money after 10 days if there was no answer from Kevin with no issues. Next day they closed them all saying it was beyond the 180 days. PayPal will tell you want you want to hear on the phone and then does what ever they want afterwards. I wouldn't believe them if their tongue came notarized.

#6126 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

"Fox federal criminal case"?
What's the evidence for this statement? I'm sure you realize that Fox can't bring a criminal case against Kevin, right?

Yes, Fox can be the complainant in a criminal case. The felony charges can be authorized by the county prosecutor or state attorney general. Or either of those agencies can send the case up to the Feds because of the interstate transactions that have taken place. Its a very simple case....did Kevin have the licensing? NO. Did he say he had the licensing and accept money to make the games? YES. That is the two elements needed for the initial criminal charge for violating the licensing. GUILTY. He has no defense unless he can produce a licensing agreement. The next charges would be for fraud or obtaining money under false pretenses. His defense on that would be that he did not intend to defraud anyone because he had put out money and started assembling some games. The next charges would be for accepting money over state lines for the commission of a felony, and the accompanying charges for use of a computer or electronic media to obtain money illegally, commit a felony etc etc.

I refer you to my earlier post regarding the city councilman who got charged with a felony for copyright infringement for making the red wings keychains without a license and ended up taking a plea to a misdemeanor to stay out of jail. And that case was entirely within the state of Michigan with nobody complaining that they had paid for a keychain and not received it. And there was only chickenshit money involved in that compared to this fiasco.

#6127 4 years ago

Hey, I found Rodger Sharpe...

0326151210.jpg
#6128 4 years ago

I am just relaying what the paypal lady told me.

I opened 2 claims (1 for initial $250 and 1 for the remainder).
Both claims were immediately closed via paypal for being too old.

I called my cc and was told also too far gone (Chase > and they told me only 4 months back for disputes; I think I also get shorter then normal because my chase card recent switched from MC to Visa as my previous rewards program was cancelled so they issued new account under Visa)

CC told me to call back to paypal and inquire.

Paypal lady told me nothing can be done if cc is unwilling to dispute on my behalf.
I asked if there was enough to fund all transactions due to the cancelled project.
Paypal lady told me that the seller has the funds to refund all. She says active notes in the account showing that seller is actively working with paypal. She asked me to be patient and said it "will likely take some time"

I don't care if you believe me or not. I am just relaying what the paypal lady told me. Was shee lying to me? no idea...

either way I am in the same position I was before and at the mercy of SkitB issuing the refund since Paypal has already closed my case and my CC says I am out of window for chrageback.

If anyone else wishes to contact paypal, I did the online contact thing where they gave me a number to use for the call to identify me attached to my account. I called the 800 number and gave them the code. They asked me questions and said they would file additional notes under my disputes.

#6129 4 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

Hey, I found Rodger Sharpe...

0326151210.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

You should ask him his thoughts on whether criminal charges would be sought in a matter Like this.

#6130 4 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

You should ask him his thoughts on whether criminal charges will be sought in this matter.

Do you have money in on Predator? Just curious...

#6131 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am just relaying what the paypal lady told me.
I opened 2 claims (1 for initial $250 and 1 for the remainder).
Both claims were immediately closed via paypal for being too old.
I called my cc and was told also too far gone (Chase > and they told me only 4 months back for disputes; I think I also get shorter then normal because my chase card recent switched from MC to Visa as my previous rewards program was cancelled so they issued new account under Visa)
CC told me to call back to paypal and inquire.
Paypal lady told me nothing can be done if cc is unwilling to dispute on my behalf.
I asked if there was enough to fund all transactions due to the cancelled project.
Paypal lady told me that the seller has the funds to refund all. She sees active notes in the account showing that seller is actively working with paypal. She asked me to be patient and said it "will likely take some time"
I don't care if you believe me or not. I am just relaying what the paypal lady told me. Was shee lying to me? no idea...
either way I am in the same position I was before and at the mercy of SkitB issuing the refund since Paypal has already closed my case and my CC says I am out of window for chrageback.
If anyone else wishes to contact paypal, I did the online contact thing where they gave me a number to use for the call to identify me attached to my account. I called the 800 number and gave them the code. They asked me questions and said they would file additional notes under my disputes.

It's not that nobody believes you. I think it's more a question of whether she understood your question. Perhaps she was only suggesting there is enough to cover all of YOUR transactions. Because, do you think she could really calculate how much was ever deposited (especially considering there have been numerous refunds already and new people in line making deposits).

#6132 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Do you have money in on Predator? Just curious...

No, I do not. I do have 3 friends in though. I was so close to pulling the trigger several times. A bit scary now as my wife would be livid and I wouldn't see another new pin for a long time.

#6133 4 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

Yes, Fox can be the complainant in a criminal case. The felony charges can be authorized by the county prosecutor or state attorney general. Or either of those agencies can send the case up to the Feds because of the interstate transactions that have taken place.

We don't disagree. Fox would be the "complainant" just like any other victim of a crime. But the victim is not the one who brings the charges. That would be "the people" (the county prosecutor or state attorney general etc. as you mention).

Bottom line is that Fox is not the one who files the criminal charges, the prosecutor is. I.e., you are not going to have a FOX attorney prosecute Kevin in a criminal case. That's just basic criminal law stuff.

I know pretty much nothing when it comes to IP law though. StevenP is our resident expert on that.

#6134 4 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

Because, do you think she could really calculate how much was ever deposited (especially considering there have been numerous refunds already and new people in line making deposits).

I have no idea how their system works. She was pretty quick with the info.

I told here there were 250 people originally in the on the project and now the project was dead and they would likely all be asking for refunds if they had not already.
She told me they are working with the seller and the account has all the funds to refund all buyers.

Maybe she messed up and meant only my 2 transactions, but she seemed very clear given the context of the conversation.

#6135 4 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

Perhaps she was only suggesting there is enough to cover all of YOUR transactions.

Yes, this is likely what she meant.

#6136 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

She told me they are working with the seller

THAT'S the key!

#6137 4 years ago

That's probably true, im just a little on edge since this went down, I hate to hear advice after hindsight. I don't feel like im an idiot for using a debit card vs. a credit card, they are for some folks but not me.

It's all good. I'm stressed over this too. Guess we process in different ways.

Let's not lose perspective of what's important, eachother.

Group hug!!

#6138 4 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

You should ask him his thoughts on whether criminal charges would be sought in a matter Like this.

I violated a rule with this?? huh? I feel like a child being preached to on what constitutes good manners. Seemed like a reasonable (and relevant) question to me to a person who is very experienced in licensing for pinball.

#6139 4 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

I violated a rule with this??

Not sure suggesting folks start walking up to Roger and asking about this is in any way a good idea.

#6140 4 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Not sure suggesting folks start walking up to Roger and asking about this is in any way a good idea.

Why would he be offended? He is one of the nicest and most approachable anbassadors of pinball. He has a lot of knowledge and experience in this area.

Regardless, "rule violation"?

#6141 4 years ago

Interesting....and hopeful

#6142 4 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

I violated a rule with this?? huh? I feel like a child being preached to on what constitutes good manners. Seemed like a reasonable (and relevant) question to me to a person who is very experienced in licensing for pinball.

Please feel free to start a thread in the moderator feedback forum if you would like to discuss with the moderators.

#6143 4 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

this thread is apparently on extra super secret probation

#6144 4 years ago

Gotta admit, awhile back, this thread was getting nuclear. Glad it cooled a bit, but it shouldn't get too cooled off until refunds are going. By the looks of things, mods are being super proactive now. I get it.

#6145 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I have no idea how their system works. She was pretty quick with the info.

I told here there were 250 people originally in the on the project and now the project was dead and they would likely all be asking for refunds if they had not already.
She told me they are working with the seller and the account has all the funds to refund all buyers.

And what about the people that paid with a check? Any chance? My hopes are shot.
dutch-4.jpg

#6146 4 years ago
Quoted from belairjoe:

hi all- yes he is reading along with about a thousand other people.not all pinball people.people not involved in pinball might just look at all of this while reading these posts thinking this group of people reflect pinball as a whole..you might want to think about it for a second.im just thinking in future pinball deals with fox or anyone else might get that special look..you know the look

i don't think that if an established pinball manufacturer wants to talk with fox licensing that he has to worry about getting a "special look"... let's invent a guy, hmm, we will call him "gary"... gary has a proven track record of producing his products, following contracts and paying his bills...

after introductions and pleasantries are exchanged...

gary: ok. i want to make a commercial product with your ip attached... i'd like to use x, y and z... i want to use it in "these" ways... what are my options and what will it cost?
fox: we have total control over "x", and it will cost you $A... we have to consult with someone's agent on "y", they may or may not agree, and it will likely cost you $B... you cannot do "z" at all...

gary commences with seeing if he can get "y"...

in conjunction with this, he also finds the cost of the music rights he needs via the same method with different people...

he then does his math, chops out stuff dependent on cost and availability, decides if it's feasible, and signs the necessary contracts if it is feasible...

then he pays what he is supposed to when he is supposed to...

why on earth would someone who has a proven track record "get that special look" because some idiot in a basement decided to try and pull a fast one on fox?

#6147 4 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

This has to be a 100% real. Especially because god forbid you make any single detail up about this and you would never be comfortable around the pin world ever again.

I disagree with whysnow all the time, but I don't think he's ever been untruthful.

I believe she told him exactly that, I would just question how accurate SHE was. Not because I doubt the money could be all in paypal, just a little surprised they would divulge that over the phone.

Could be a glimmer of hope? I'd still feel better if just ONE person got their money back so far...

#6148 4 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

i don't think that if an established pinball manufacturer wants to talk with fox licensing that he has to worry about getting a "special look"... let's invent a guy, hmm, we will call him "gary"... gary has a proven track record of producing his products, following contracts and paying his bills...
after introductions and pleasantries are exchanged...
gary: ok. i want to make a commercial product with your ip attached... i'd like to use x, y and z... i want to use it in "these" ways... what are my options and what will it cost?
fox: we have total control over "x", and it will cost you $A... we have to consult with someone's agent on "y", they may or may not agree, and it will likely cost you $B... you cannot do "z" at all...
gary commences with seeing if he can get "y"...
in conjunction with this, he also finds the cost of the music rights he needs via the same method with different people...
he then does his math, chops out stuff dependent on cost and availability, decides if it's feasible, and signs the necessary contracts if it is feasible...
then he pays what he is supposed to when he is supposed to...
why on earth would someone who has a proven track record "get that special look" because some idiot in a basement decided to try and pull a fast one on fox?

I should have been more clear..not a company with a proven track record.i stand corrected.

#6149 4 years ago
jdd0p.jpg
#6150 4 years ago
Quoted from belairjoe:

I should have been more clear..not a company with a proven track record.i stand corrected.

fwiw, had kevin gone to fox ip to begin with, he would have gotten a "special look" anyway, as after all, he is just some kid in the basement... but that would be true regardless of which widget he wanted to make... if you think joe schmoe can just wander in off the street and say "hey fox ip guy, i want to make this" and the fox ip guy doesn't say "before we discuss any details, provide me the following about your business and we will get back to you", you need to change your way of thinking...

so no, nothing has really changed at all from the perspective of acquiring licensing...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 3.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 20.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 115.00
Cabinet Parts
Merf's Pins
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
£ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 12.75
$ 44.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
There are 18278 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 366.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside