Topic Stats

• 18,278 posts
  • 815 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 56 days ago by Mr68
  • Topic is favorited by 194 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,540 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
194b3475e0440b8112afc0ac4ad5bf0ed0e8ec3db63fb4b6748a4f2e06a9865b (resized).jpg
31A053C2-4495-4E3E-980F-E5ADEA02F1DE (resized).jpeg
IMG_2933 (resized).JPG
beetlejuice-shrunken head (resized).jpg
2716720260_bc8966f6b1 (resized).jpg
D460F55E-AD42-43C6-91EB-B8162A84A094.gif
Screenshot_20190103-214734_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20181108-174321 (resized).png
Fife Appeal Sept 24 2018.pdf (PDF preview)
cat ooo 2.gif
7332539.attach (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

86 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 18278 posts in this topic. You are on page 122 of 366.
#6051 4 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

I'm crossing my fingers that Pinball News puts out an update story today with Kevin's official response to all outstanding concerns. Seems like 4 days should have been enough time to write up his responses to these questions:
-How much money was spent?
-Do you have an official accounting of where every penny was spent?
-What percentage of money collected is remaining?
-Are the funds in your personal bank account(s), PayPal, or both?
-Are there any hurdles to refunding the money that is left? (i.e. PayPal freezing funds, CC co's chargebacks, etc.)
-Did you ever actually form a legal business entity and if so, where was it registered?
-Will you now admit there was never a license? If not, please tell folks the name of even one person at Fox you were working with to approve artwork as you suggested numerous times.
-What will become of all the parts that have been purchased to build the "10 games" you noted?

You-cant-handle-the-truth6.jpg
#6052 4 years ago

^^ True, something should be brewing by now. It's definitely going to require some hard alcohol for the read

#6053 4 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

I'm crossing my fingers that Pinball News puts out an update story today with Kevin's official response to all outstanding concerns. Seems like 4 days should have been enough time to write up his responses to these questions:
-Are there any hurdles to refunding the money that is left? (i.e. PayPal freezing funds, CC co's chargebacks, etc.)
-Did you ever actually form a legal business entity and if so, where was it registered?
-Will you now admit there was never a license? If not, please tell folks the name of even one person at Fox you were working with to approve artwork as you suggested numerous times.
-What will become of all the parts that have been purchased to build the "10 games" you noted?

Agree 100% that WOULD be a very well-received approach for him to take.

I just doubt he would ever admit that must culpability in this failure. He's certainly shown zero business savvy to date, but Id also imagine that kind of truthful admission would expose him to even more civil (criminal?) liability.

Frankly, I think Kevin could get away with saying NOTHING (who'd believe him anyways?). If the word got out that people were starting to see REFUNDS it would be 1000x more powerful than any WORDS he could use.

He needs to ACT not TALK at this point.

btw, boobs.

#6054 4 years ago

F*ck Pinball news. Now and forever.

#6055 4 years ago
Quoted from Russo121:

F*ck Pinball news. Now and forever.

I completely disagree. Do you really think you would have received a refund if they released the story a few weeks earlier? Thank you Pinball News!

#6056 4 years ago

Well you didn't ask the guy directly before the story came out. I did and was told NOTHING!!! I was even still within the 180 day time period for paypal chargeback.

So, I repeat. F*ck pinball news, now and forever.

#6057 4 years ago

Errrr. Error.

#6058 4 years ago

With all the legal threats going on right now, if I was Kevin I would of contacted a lawyer who would of instructed him to cease all communication and hold still.

#6059 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

With all the legal threats going on right now, if I was Kevin I would of contacted a lawyer who would of instructed him to cease all communication and hold still.

If that is the case then Kevin should have told PBN this by now and it should have been communicated to pre-orders. There should be daily updates IMO. If no legal action against has begun then he should have initiated refunds "swiftly" as promised.

#6060 4 years ago
Quoted from Russo121:

Well you didn't ask the guy directly before the story came out. I did and was told NOTHING!!! I was even still within the 180 day time period for paypal chargeback.

I'm not waiting on Pinball News either. Sorry, what people are glossing over is having this info for over 3 months (and AG 4 months) and not sharing is just BS. Stop defending it. Just like Kevin there is no defense.

Russ is one example of someone who could have gotten their money back if told sooner. 3 months to confirm a story when AG told you specifically who they talked to? Helping Kevin remedy the situation behind the scenes to salvage the project - for 3 months!! When did the world forget deadlines??

The biggest BS is when people emailed Martin directly and he said he's not in a position to advise. Really? While I know Martin cares about the hobby, and I do like him, I think he needs some competition too.

The only person we need to hear from now is Kevin. Not PBN, not AG - Kevin. Like AG said, focus should be on Kevin - we've heard enough from PBN and AG and this drawn out PR affair. My advice to Kevin, work with Robin to create a post on Pinside. This is OUR preferred method of communication - not PBN and not AG wordpress site. Here where it all started.

#6061 4 years ago

Just saw this now and apart from expressing sympathy, thought it might help to suggest seeking tax relief. Losses from criminal fraud afaik are deductible and need not pertain to investment vehicles. Forgive me if this was mentioned. Didn't have the time/patience to read or search through 6k posts. I hope this helps in some way.

#6062 4 years ago

In order to use it as a tax write off you must file a criminal complait with authorities. Not just say a gave some bozo x amount of $$$.

#6063 4 years ago

I presumed most have done this or will at some point. Am I wrong?

#6064 4 years ago
Quoted from guarda:

I presumed most have done this or will at some point. Am I wrong?

the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)

#6065 4 years ago

Used my bank account via PayPal. Filed claim sunday. Just got spit back saying closed automatically due to over 180 days. Payed June 24th.

-Jim

#6066 4 years ago

Yes, paypal secures only for 180 days. So you will depend on Kevins refund strategy

#6067 4 years ago

I wish all the best with their refunds. I think everyone is excited to hear of the first PayPal refund or one of these...

Brad

refund.jpg

#6068 4 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

The biggest BS is when people emailed Martin directly and he said he's not in a position to advise. Really?

Knowing this 4 months earlier would not have changed anything in my case but I understand why some people are furious. But I would blame first the AG, not Martin.

Starting the Amex CC legal route tomorrow. I wish refunds have started by then but with the blocked Paypal account I doubt Kevin can, assuming he wishes to. May be an update in Pinball News?

#6069 4 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

While I know Martin cares about the hobby, and I do like him, I think he needs some competition too.

???

Who the hell is going to step into this little hobby and do what Martin does? Know one....that's who. I amazed we have someone as professional doing all that he does in and for this hobby in the first place!

#6070 4 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

While I know Martin cares about the hobby, and I do like him, I think he needs some competition too.

domain names and webhosting are real cheap... go for it...

#6071 4 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

If Kevin has hired his attorney, I'm sure they said "No more talking to anyone!!!".

First thing an attorney usually does is tell you to shut your stupid mouth.

#6072 4 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

???
Who the hell is going to step into this little hobby and do what Martin does? Know one....that's who. I amazed we have someone as professional doing all that he does in and for this hobby in the first place!

I'm not saying you're wrong but this hobby seems to still be growing at a remarkable pace (it's not so little any longer). I think the audience for pinball news is large enough to support two news outlets.

#6073 4 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

I'm not saying you're wrong but this hobby seems to still be growing at a remarkable pace (it's not so little any longer). I think the audience for pinball news is large enough to support two news outlets.

actually, it's VERY little... but...

quoting myself....

Quoted from ccotenj:

domain names and webhosting are real cheap... go for it...

#6074 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

If Kevin has hired his attorney, I'm sure they said "No more talking to anyone!!!".
First thing an attorney usually does is tell you to shut your stupid mouth.

But wouldn't that same attorney say "Hmmm, well nobody has filed an actual lawsuit against you at this point so you probably should refund the money as fast as possible because that IS WHAT YOU PROMISED YOUR CUSTOMERS." Otherwise, he's just opening himself up to a couple hundred civil lawsuits, no?

P.S - I'm not so sure Kevin is smart to enough to have an attorney yet. If he does, I'm sure the retainer came out of pre-order money.

#6075 4 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

But wouldn't that same attorney say "Hmmm, well nobody has filed an actual lawsuit against you at this point ... so you probably should refund the money as fast as possible because that IS WHAT YOU PROMISED YOUR CUSTOMERS." Otherwise, he's just opening himself up to a couple hundred civil lawsuits, no?
P.S - I'm not so sure Kevin is smart to enough to have an attorney yet. If he does, I'm sure the retainer came out of pre-order money.

one word answer - no...

ps. i'm not so sure he is either... he may still believe he has a way "out" of this...

#6076 4 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

But wouldn't that same attorney say "Hmmm, well nobody has filed an actual lawsuit against you at this point ... so you probably should refund the money as fast as possible because that IS WHAT YOU PROMISED YOUR CUSTOMERS." Otherwise, he's just opening himself up to a couple hundred civil lawsuits, no?

No.

It can't go like that.

Kevin will have the Fox federal criminal case first, as that is already in the works.

As much as he would love to refund the remaining money, he would love to keep his ass out of federal prison even more.

(Can anyone imagine what the prisons are like in Michigan???? Filled with friendly faces from Flint and Detroit?)

So no doubt, he will spend all the money he can possibly scrounge on his criminal defense, then declare bankruptcy.

#6077 4 years ago

Vid you sure have a hard on for people not getting anything back, is one of your buddies in the top 12 of the builds or what?

#6078 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Can anyone imagine what the prisons are like in Michigan????

images-2.jpeg

#6079 4 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

Pinballhead.com was another news outlet, but it looks like the site hasn't been updated in a very long time:

http://pinballhead.com/

#6080 4 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

Vid you sure have a hard on for people not getting anything back, is one of your buddies in the top 12 of the builds or what?

Really? That would not affect it in any way. He is trying to paint a realistic picture. Especially when you have some people thinking that this afternoon or tomorrow or next week the "swift" refund is coming.

#6081 4 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

easy there

#6082 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

No.
It can't go like that.
Kevin will have the Fox federal criminal case first, as that is already in the works.
As much as he would love to refund the remaining money, he would love to keep his ass out of federal prison even more.
(Can anyone imagine what the prisons are like in Michigan???? Filled with friendly faces from Flint and Detroit?)
So no doubt, he will spend all the money he can possibly scrounge on his criminal defense, then declare bankruptcy.

he's lucky if he ends up in the federal prison system rather than the state prison system (or county jail, ftm)... given the "assumed crimes", he'll end up on a "white collar prison farm" far away from michigan...

#6083 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

No.
It can't go like that.

"Fox federal criminal case"?

What's the evidence for this statement? I'm sure you realize that Fox can't bring a criminal case against Kevin, right?

#6084 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'm sure you realize that Fox can't bring a criminal case against Kevin, right?

Why can't they bring a suit against him? He collected a shitload of money using their IP. Or are you just saying that the suit wouldn't be a "criminal" suit?

#6085 4 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

I just would like to temper everyone's expectations.

Anytime you involve the criminal courts, any "common sense" solution goes completely out the window.

People here are talking like "Well he said swiftly, so I'll give him till Friday to refund my money".

-

It's kind of like "Well, I'm a college student, so they can't expect me to pay too much for sharing 30 songs" and then they are fined $600,000 for violating the IP and $90,000 in legal defense costs.

You've got to prepare for the worst.

#6086 4 years ago

I have no expectation that Kevin sends refunds anytime soon, if ever. I don't care what he says either. The guy is a compulsive liar. There's no reason to believe him now.

He created a shit storm, and now he's in the middle of it. This thing is going to take awhile to get sorted out. Anyone looking for a quick and easy resolution, I fear that's not happening.

#6087 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

What's the evidence for this statement? I'm sure you realize that Fox can't bring a criminal case against Kevin, right?

If we believe the AG emails, then the Fox is already filing in federal court with the Intellectual Property Theft Enforcement Program.

Then they will probably go for a monetary damages in a separate case.

Again, the emails are anonymous, so take it as you want it.

#6088 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Why can't they bring a suit against him? He collected a shitload of money using their IP. Or are you just saying that the suit wouldn't be a "criminal" suit?

Read the quote you just quoted again.

Obviously they can bring a civil lawsuit. If anything, it sounds like that's what's been "set in motion". I've heard nothing about a criminal case.

Huge difference.

#6089 4 years ago

Kevin must love reading this thread so he can weigh all of his options and what all affected people are saying and doing.

#6090 4 years ago
Quoted from jasonp:

Kevin must love reading this thread so he can weigh all of his options and what all affected people are saying and doing.

He is gathering all the free good legal advice here from all the internet attorneys.

#6091 4 years ago
Quoted from jasonp:

hi all- yes he is reading along with about a thousand other people.not all pinball people.people not involved in pinball might just look at all of this while reading these posts thinking this group of people reflect pinball as a whole..you might want to think about it for a second.im just thinking in future pinball deals with fox or anyone else might get that special look..you know the look

#6092 4 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

The only person we need to hear from now is Kevin. Not PBN, not AG - Kevin. Like AG said, focus should be on Kevin - we've heard enough from PBN and AG and this drawn out PR affair. My advice to Kevin, work with Robin to create a post on Pinside.

Does anyone really want to hear from Kevin at this point? What could he say that would make anyone any better off than they are right? All that's left to do is refund the buyers (if he can and will) or sit back and wait for the lawsuits to commence. I sincerely hope Kevin goes with quick and full refunds as he promised in his last email but that seems improbably under the circumstances. In which case, what would be the use of another mass-email from Kevin?

#6093 4 years ago
Quoted from jasonp:

Never a good strategy to rely on free legal advice discerned on a public forum. That's what you hire an attorney for.

In addition to stating all refunds will be issued soon, Kevin also said you should see them this week. My week ends on Friday, printed calendars use Sat as cutoff, while electronic calendars use Sun. We'll have to see what Kevin considers the end of the week and how he defines soon.

#6094 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Does anyone really want to hear from Kevin at this point? What could he say that would make anyone any better off than they are right?

Umm, YES. He needs to answer all of these questions:

#6095 4 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

Umm, YES. He needs to answer all of these questions:

Why? What's the point? It would be interesting reading for sure but it's far too late for Kevin to salvage his reputation by "coming clean." And even if he responded to your list of questions, how could you possibly believe the answers?

All that matters is getting the money back to the buyers. Either Kevin starts refunding the money immediately, or the lawsuits commence and this whole mess gets slowly and messily resolved in court.

#6096 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

All that matters is getting the money back to the buyers.

Great Point!!!

#6097 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Why? What's the point? It would be interesting reading for sure but it's far too late for Kevin to salvage his reputation by "coming clean." And even if he responded to your list of questions, how could you possibly believe the answers?
All that matters is getting the money back to the buyers. Either Kevin starts refunding the money immediately, or the lawsuits commence and this whole mess gets slowly and messily resolved in court.

Because I think a lot of people are still struggling with how much of this was blatant fraud and how much was his ignorance and arrogance? If he can't account for every penny being spent directly on pinball (i.e., not say, a new house or photography equipment for his wife) then I think he saves a little face. I think he owes that to the whole pinball community (especially if he ever wants to show his face again at any pinball show.)
But yes, I do agree the MOST important thing is to give back every last penny he possibly can to every person on pre-order.

#6098 4 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

But yes, I do agree the MOST important thing is to give back every last penny he possibly can to every person on pre-order.

His word is his bond.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/an-wyBO2tJb7h4bm/dumb_dumber_1994_renting_a_hotel_room/

#6099 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

KC, I think you may be seeing insults where not intended. We'd be shocked at how many folks juggle hobbies and bills as if they are all the same. I know a few who make a bit less than me but are broke all the time.
Flynnbus could've presented better, but meh.

That's probably true, im just a little on edge since this went down, I hate to hear advice after hindsight. I don't feel like im an idiot for using a debit card vs. a credit card, they are for some folks but not me.

#6100 4 years ago

Does anyone in here have an opinion on which agency is the best to file a criminal complaint for internet fraud with, IC3 or the FTC or both? While I have already filed a chargeback, I have no idea if it will A. Damage my paypal account B. Damage my credit in any way. C. be denied altogether. Also, I'm pissed for the guys who payed through bank accounts, etc. and have their money locked up with Kevin. This man committed a fraud worth close to a million dollars, and the silence is unacceptable.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18,500.00
Pinball Machine
www.retroarcade.se
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 689.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 29.95
$ 219.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Mods
$ 11.95
$ 35.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 269.00
$ 229.99
$ 239.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 84.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
There are 18278 posts in this topic. You are on page 122 of 366.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside